PDA

View Full Version : Austin Peay Deserves a bid

Winston
November 19th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Austin Peay is 8-4, 6-1 in conference and is much more deserving of a bid than each of the 7-4 and 6-5 teams under consideration. JMHO.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Uh oh. Here comes the flamers.

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Austin Peay is 8-4, 6-1 in conference and is much more deserving of a bid than each of the 7-4 and 6-5 teams under consideration. JMHO.
Ok, I let the committee know.

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 08:19 AM
A 6-5 team won’t get in. I can think of a few 7-4 teams who would LOVE a shot at Austin Peay. I’m sure some Blue Hen fans would like to see the Govs in round one.

Winston
November 19th, 2017, 08:20 AM
How is Austin Peay known as flamers?

CHIP72
November 19th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Who did you beat, who did you lose to, and how do you do away from home. Those are the questions that need to be asked of every DI-AA at-large playoff candidate.

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Austin Peay had a great year, no doubt.

But they don't have a single quality win.

SUPharmacist
Scheduling 3 FBS games was their downfall. They needed to pull a big upset or win their auto bid. Having done neither I think they miss out.

JSUSoutherner

Flamers are the people that come into a thread and are upset by your opinion and have to inform you how wrong you may or may not be.

Welcome to the internet.

katss07

I hope you’re kidding.

Winston
November 19th, 2017, 08:25 AM
The Govs would match up well against the Blue Hens. When the game is on the line, the Hens folded. When they needed to the Govs rose to the occasion.

WileECoyote06
November 19th, 2017, 08:25 AM
I don't know if Austin Peay is deserving. . . but I do think they'll snag an at-large. If not, they'll be among the first four out.

Winston
November 19th, 2017, 08:27 AM
They are squarely on the bubble.

WestCoastAggie
November 19th, 2017, 08:27 AM
I don't know if Austin Peay is deserving. . . but I do think they'll snag an at-large. If not, they'll be among the first four out.

Monmouth, or even Youngstown State deserves it over Austin Peay.

***Runs for the hills***

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 08:28 AM
The Govs would match up well against the Blue Hens. When the game is on the line, the Hens folded. When they needed to the Govs rose to the occasion.

I'm sure AP would have beaten Stony Brook and Richmond too?

By the way, I don't think Delaware should make the field.

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 08:28 AM

The game won’t be on the line if they play the Hens. It will be over at halftime.

Winston
November 19th, 2017, 08:29 AM
The turnaround story is too hard to ignore. The committee likes stories such as this one.

Winston
November 19th, 2017, 08:32 AM
The parity in the field this year necessitates a strong look at AP.

Winston
November 19th, 2017, 08:33 AM
No Bowls has them in.

http://nobowls.com

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Does the committee? Thats what matters at this point.

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Scheduling 3 FBS games was their downfall. They needed to pull a big upset or win their auto bid. Having done neither I think they miss out.

The third one was scheduled during the season. NCAA allowed them to play a twelve game because of the hurricane. In a normal year AP would have been 8-3 with the UCF game not on the schedule. AP probably exceed even their own expectations so I can excuse the scheduling of another money game.

JaxSinfonian
November 19th, 2017, 08:38 AM
No Bowls has them in.

http://nobowls.com

Oh. Well, then it’s settled.

Winston
November 19th, 2017, 08:42 AM
3 FBS games hurt, but it enhanced the Govs SOS.

Winston
November 19th, 2017, 08:46 AM
12 teams ranked above the Govs lost.

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 08:46 AM
And? That just makes the bubble stronger.

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 08:47 AM

The majority of those teams have wins much better than APSU have.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 08:48 AM
And? That just makes the bubble stronger.
"Losing makes you stronger"

-Sam Houston State 2017

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2017, 08:48 AM
The turnaround story is too hard to ignore. The committee likes stories such as this one.

The committee is supposed to vote on Wins and Losses. Not feel good stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2017, 08:49 AM

-Sam Houston State 2017

You misspelled MVFC conference affiliates

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 08:52 AM
The majority of those teams have wins much better than APSU have.
Its not about wins its about SOS.

- - - Updated - - -

The committee is supposed to vote on Wins and Losses. Not feel good stories.

No vote for SOS not wins and losses.

Redbird 4th & short
November 19th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Let's get real .. they have beaten no one good, and they have barely beaten every team they've played, except losing to JSU by 20 at home ad blowing out Morehead St. So ignoring the 3 FBS losses, here is synopsis of their 7 best wins

Best win starts with 7 pt win at home over 6-5 Tn Martin .. ranked #49 by Massey
Worst win Ends with 7 pt win on road over 1-10 TN Tech .. ranked #93 by Massey

Total of 7 wins for teams ranked between #49 and #93 .. AP won by average of 9.5 pts per game.

Agree it is great story ... but name 1 quality win ? You need to blow out 4 of those 7 weak wins to even be in the playoff discussion. Their only blow out is Morehead St .. the worst team on heir schedule ranked #119 in FCS by Massey.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Flamers are the people that come into a thread and are upset by your opinion and have to inform you how wrong you may or may not be.

Welcome to the internet.

I see the opinions as legit opinions and just because they don't agree with any original post does not mean it's flaming. For instance was would an original be seen as the standard when it is simply another opinion anyway.

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 08:59 AM

-Sam Houston State 2017

Sheesh, I guess when your conference consists of one good team and a decent team, you have to make comments like this. Way to defend the OVC by attacking SHSU (?) for no apparent reason.

If an 7-3 MVFC team loses, that hurts APSU. One less lock, more teams on the bubble. USD loss hurts Austin Peay because USD is now a bubble team and has a better SoS.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 09:00 AM
I see the opinions as legit opinions and just because they don't agree with any original post does not mean it's flaming. For instance was would an original be seen as the standard when it is simply another opinion anyway.
I do as well. However, there are some on this board who I'm sure don't share that sentiment.

SUPharmacist
November 19th, 2017, 09:05 AM
The third one was scheduled during the season. NCAA allowed them to play a twelve game because of the hurricane. In a normal year AP would have been 8-3 with the UCF game not on the schedule. AP probably exceed even their own expectations so I can excuse the scheduling of another money game.
Fair enough. Every year I look at the bubble and wonder about strong opinions. I get that the arguments are nice and if it was my team I would be quite interested, but no team on the bubble really "deserves" a bid. This team just reminds me of that Lehigh team a few years back that lost the one game that mattered, and it cost them.

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2017, 09:07 AM
UNI welcomes the Governors to the Dome on Saturday. We think you should be in. :)

POD Knows
November 19th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Austin Peay is 8-4, 6-1 in conference and is much more deserving of a bid than each of the 7-4 and 6-5 teams under consideration. JMHO.Nope

ElCid
November 19th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Its not about wins its about SOS.

- - - Updated - - -

No vote for SOS not wins and losses.

I don't think that came out right. Otherwise you could vote for an 0-11 team with the #1 SOS?

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 09:16 AM
I don't think that came out right. Otherwise you could vote for an 0-11 team with the #1 SOS?
Of course. You wouldn't vote a team that lost NDSU 11 times in one season?

Their strength of schedule would be off the charts.

93henfan
November 19th, 2017, 09:30 AM
So, in a tight consideration like this, how much does it weigh on the Committee that a school like Delaware averages 17,000 or so at home while Austin Peay draws maybe 8,000?

Asking for a friend.

ElCid
November 19th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Of course. You wouldn't vote a team that lost NDSU 11 times in one season?

Their strength of schedule would be off the charts.

Huh? You have totally lost me. Both Massey and Sagarin, and a bunch of other computers have a team listed as having the #1 SOS. What does it have to do with NDSU? I think you are confusing concepts.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Huh? You have totally lost me. Both Massey and Sagarin, and a bunch of other computers have a team listed as having the #1 SOS. What does it have to do with NDSU? I think you are confusing concepts.
That post was 100% saracasm.

Aimed at the MVFC folks that beat each other off over their SOS.

ElCid
November 19th, 2017, 09:45 AM
That post was 100% saracasm.

Aimed at the MVFC folks that beat each other off over their SOS.

I knew I should stayed in bed.

Winston
November 19th, 2017, 01:36 PM
The Govs got hosed. It that being "Woffed"?

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 01:39 PM

Might have to change it to Peayed.

Schism55
November 19th, 2017, 01:44 PM
No, it's called beat at least one decent team and you are in. AP did not, as such they did not deserve a bid. Simple.

youwouldno
November 19th, 2017, 01:57 PM
I don't think APSU's resume holds up under scrutiny. It's not reasonable to play 3 FBS games, finish 2nd in a weak conference, and then say the losses don't count. Their best win is probably Eastern Illinois, which SRS has at #62 in FCS. So it's not just that they lack quality wins - they arguably don't even have any decent wins, while other bubble teams at least had several of those.

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 01:58 PM

No, EWU got hosed. Austin Peay was a great story and a fairly strong team with a weak resume. They wouldn’t hold up in round one.

dgtw
December 3rd, 2017, 06:40 AM
I guess now we know why the OVC runner-up didn’t make it.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 07:05 AM
JSU just cemented the reason AP didn't get in. Reply to the name of this thread.
NO THEY DON"T

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2017, 07:15 AM

NO they didn't.