PDA

View Full Version : Indiana St Questioning Football?

TexasTerror
February 12th, 2007, 06:53 PM
What does Indaian St want to do? Leave the Gateway? Stop football? This is the first I've heard about it and it comes from a great source, Rick Hartzell, AD at UNI. What's the deal, Gateway folks?

------------
Northern Iowa athletic director Rick Hartzell isn't sure adding the two Dakota schools is best for his Panther program in the short term, but he has a different long-term perspective.

"Even with the Western Kentucky defection our league is stable. But, the ground is shaking a little bit," he said. "The reason for that is we're not sure about Indiana State's long-term football future, and with Western Illinois being a member of a league (the Mid-Continent) that has a couple of other football-playing I-AA members (Southern Utah and Valparaiso), they could even leave the Gateway at some point in the future, although I know they are committed to the Gateway right now.

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2007/02/06/sports/local/doc45c896a1451f6421017164.txt

MplsBison
February 12th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I've yet to see any articles quoting anyone from inside Indiana State as saying that they're even considering the possibility of dropping.

DFW HOYA
February 12th, 2007, 07:33 PM
ISU averaged just 3,059 a game, so the "questioning" may be more related to building back attendance than anything else.

ISU is one of only two playoff eligible teams in the bottom 15 in attendance.

BearsCountry
February 12th, 2007, 08:21 PM
There has been talks of in the fan base, but they hired a new AD who is suppose to be shaking things up according to their fans.