PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth/Kennesaw

MUHAWKS
November 18th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Damn, Kennesaw offense so hard to stop- Monmouth with 2 costly turnovers against Kennesaw st none-- Monmouth will basicaslly have to score on 75% of their 2nd half possessions and also get a turnover OR learn how to stop them which frankly seems impossible.. Anyone have an opinion on what teams played themselves OUT of playoffs today?? Obviously I am a Monmouth guy, wondering If New hampshire AND delaware may be out now??? 9-2 Monmouth still probably not as good a resume as those guys at 7-4- who am I rooting against!! Besides kennesaw st!! does not look good just not sure we can stop their offense..

katss07
November 18th, 2017, 02:58 PM
You should root against USD, UNH, EWU, Sac St, Samford, Montana and McNeese. If 3 or 4 of them lose, the Hawks have a chance. Other than that, it doesn’t look good.

Don’t lose faith. Monmouth can win this game and the Big South title still. Tons of time left.

MUHAWKS
November 18th, 2017, 03:08 PM
i never lose faith but K state offense is absurdly hard for us to stop and we have made every mistake to their no mistakes..most of that is their doing, but you get my point..I thought we needed close to perfection to win and instead we have made all the mistakes..we shall see but need semi miracle..

aceinthehole
November 18th, 2017, 04:00 PM
52-21 loss at KSU. Do we think Monmouth is really going to get an at-large?

They lost two the 2 toughest games on the schedule and don't have a win vs. an opponent with a winning record.

We will see. The UNH and Delaware losses will help, but I'm still not convinced the Hawks have the resume.

katss07
November 18th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I don’t think the Hawks get in. I could see them being in the last four out. Resume simply isn’t strong enough. Loss today looks bad on their weak schedule as well.

FargoBison
November 18th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Monmouth is done, Kennesaw had a more realistic shot as an at-large.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Kennesaw is eliminated from the bubble IMO

kdinva
November 18th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Kennesaw St. with the woodshed game today......I don't envy their opponent next Saturday.....

Lehigh'98
November 18th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Monmouth should accept the Patriot Auto Bid

MUHAWKS
November 18th, 2017, 04:28 PM
sadly, without bias, I think you guys are correct. While we never know what can happen, we are probably out. Although New hampshire and Delaware both have better wins, they also have some wins against much much weaker and some bad losses-- Delaware has wins against Del st and Cornell but much better wins- New Hampshire got blown out against an awful Holy Cross team who Monmouth beat up and lost to Albany in a shutout worse than Monmouth lost to Albany- Furthermore, Albany beat Nova who smoked Delaware. I know it does not quite work like this but New Hampshire had wins against Bryant, Maine and Georgia Southern who all are pretty poor, got shutout by Albany and smoked by Holy Cross. I guess it all comes down to whether the 2-3 very quality wins each of these teams has outweighs the above- Personally, I think Kennesaw State would have been a playoff team had they played in the CAA with a similar 7-4, 8-3 type record- Monmouth will get hurt by The Big South;s strong teams not being good this year and the patriot league being weak, but a lot of our wins were blowouts and we scored 30+ in 8 games and 40+ in 5 games-- Some of the teams we beat, beat good teams- Like I said, I think it is just bad luck b/c I truly believe that Kenneaw state aside, we can play with most of the top FCS teams (the non James Madison, N Dakota types)- I truly feel that we just suck at playing against that hard triple option, always have- I think Monmouth is about as good a team as New Hampshire and Delaware and on neutral fields would be great games-- It is a week to week thing as evidenced by what we have seen but all in all I agree we prob have very little chance but I am actually holding out hope still b/c 9-2 is still 9-2 and we blew a lot of teams out, and were in that Albany game until very late and Albany is like a few plays from being in the playoffs themselves (they lost to Elon 6-0, to richmond in OT, to Maine by 2 pts, to stony Brook in OT and played 2 FBS schools-- Albany is just as good as some of the teams people think are playoff teams. Ugh....so close, was huge for our program... Maybe I get lucky and will get to prove my point by us getting in as a bubble and actually playing stony brook, New Hamp or U Del in firsr rd.. Congrats to Kennesaw st by the way, those guys can win at least 1 but as many as 3 games in the playoffs, I promise..

- - - Updated - - -

hahaha

NorthChuckSouth
November 18th, 2017, 04:33 PM

They lost two the 2 toughest games on the schedule and don't have a win vs. an opponent with a winning record.

We will see. The UNH and Delaware losses will help, but I'm still not convinced the Hawks have the resume.

that's not true ;)

Go...gate
November 18th, 2017, 04:34 PM

Undefeated Patriot League Champions! Now you have to join the conference for football.

BurialGround
November 18th, 2017, 04:38 PM
KSU fan here and first post on this board. I told myself I'd sign up to post here if we made the playoffs, and sure enough we're in.

You guys have a good team and are better than the score showed today. Our offense is tough for anyone to stop, and our defense is as opportunistic as it gets. And for the first time in our program's short existence, we've got quality depth. I'm really pulling for you guys to get an at-large, even though the margin of defeat will make your chances much slimmer. I think you guys are good enough to win a game in the playoffs, and it would be awesome for the conference moving forward if two Big South teams get in (and bigger if they both win).

I was very impressed by your offense. QB's got a gun, and that RB is quick! We know the caliber of athlete you have at WR, but I was especially impressed by that tall TE. Again, I'm really pulling for you guys to make it.

MUHAWKS
November 18th, 2017, 04:41 PM

That part is not true--Both liberty and Charleston Southern have winning records as does Hampton, and like it or not we took it to Lehigh who is in the playoffs, albeit by default- Not to mention we played Albany better than New Hampshire did- remember, Albany was a few plays away from being a 7-8 win team-- yeah if my grandma had a d*ck she's be my Grandpa I get it, but this is all subjective- IMO< the New Hampshire loss to Holy Cross equals out their Elon win-- Liberty Beat Baylor and we destroyed Liberty-- we just ran into a monster today who runs an offense that almost nobody can defend well- I am not saying if we do not make it its a snub but I honestly think we are as good or better as teams that most people think deserve it (the bubble types)..

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2017, 06:29 PM
NoWay that Monmouth should be in after getting their ass kick today

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Monmouth has beaten 3 teams with a winning record, including one playoff team. If that loss to Albany is bad, so is New Hampshire's. I think Monmouth gets in before New Hampshire.

Lion1983
November 18th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Undefeated Patriot League Champions! Now you have to join the conference for football.

Just out of curiosity, (for Monmoths travel sake only) what is keeping the Patriot League from inviting Monmouth?

van
November 18th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Just out of curiosity, (for Monmoths travel sake only) what is keeping the Patriot League from inviting Monmouth?

Oh boy, you had to ask, don't feed the troll please

aceinthehole
November 18th, 2017, 08:01 PM
That part is not true--Both liberty and Charleston Southern have winning records as does Hampton, and like it or not we took it to Lehigh who is in the playoffs, albeit by default- Not to mention we played Albany better than New Hampshire did- remember, Albany was a few plays away from being a 7-8 win team-- yeah if my grandma had a d*ck she's be my Grandpa I get it, but this is all subjective- IMO< the New Hampshire loss to Holy Cross equals out their Elon win-- Liberty Beat Baylor and we destroyed Liberty-- we just ran into a monster today who runs an offense that almost nobody can defend well- I am not saying if we do not make it its a snub but I honestly think we are as good or better as teams that most people think deserve it (the bubble types)..

My bad, Monmouth beat 3 teams (Liberty, Charleston Southern, and Hampton) with a winning record.

By no means do I think UNH had a great season, but they also had 3 wins vs. teams with winning record:
at Georgia Southern (FBS)
vs. Bryant (6-5; 4-2 CAA)
vs. Elon (8-3; 6-2 CAA)

So I have to ask, does anyone think wins vs. Liberty/CSU/Hampton are stronger than GA Southern/Bryant/Elon?

Georgia Southern > Liberty
Bryant = Hampton
Elon > Charleston Southern

Both teams lost to a common opponent Albany, so that's a wash.

And while the UNH loss to Holy Cross was a blemish on the resume earlier in the season, they played in a tougher conference schedule in the CAA. MU won the Patriot League AQ and laid at KSU when the Big South title was on the line.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Georgia Southern doesn't have a winning record. That resume looks barely better for New Hampshire.