November 11th, 2017, 05:32 PM
37-35 SHSU with 4 mins left.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 05:33 PM
37-35 SHSU with 4 mins left.

This upset alert backfired last week...

JSUSoutherner
November 11th, 2017, 05:34 PM
What the hell? I just checked that score and it was a blowout. 31-7.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 05:35 PM
looks like abilene is self destructing now

TheKingpin28
And SHSU returns a punt for a TD.

cx500d
yep, just returned their punt for a TD.... Good try, but no cigar

Bison56
November 11th, 2017, 05:36 PM
And SHSU returns a punt for a TD.
Don't you dare trash ACU.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 05:36 PM
way to doom them PRob

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Don't you dare trash ACU.

But can I slot vote? xlolx

centennial
November 11th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Another thread, another bust. SHSU will take this game.

katss07
November 11th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Yeah. This didn’t hold up.

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2017, 05:44 PM
And ACU just shot themselves in the foot again.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2017, 05:47 PM
This upset alert backfired last week...

Yeah...in the first half. The point is to alert people so they can watch the end. xthumbsupx

Serpentor
November 11th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Oooops, this was premature.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2017, 05:48 PM
An upset alert isn’t predicting a win. Are you guys not at all familiar with the concept? It’s a game that shouldn’t be close, but is, late in the game. xrolleyesx

gsf23nd
November 11th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Good lord...how do you average 5.1 yards per carry and still throw the ball 67 times???

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Since no one seems to grasp the concept...
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26469&stc=1

Serpentor
November 11th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Since no one seems to grasp the concept...
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26469&stc=1

You've had a hair up your ass about our team since last year. I just don't take anything you say seriously as a point of order. Sorry.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2017, 05:57 PM
You've had a hair up your ass about our team since last year. I just don't take anything you say seriously as a point of order. Sorry.

I honestly don’t have any issues with your team. I could really give a **** less either way. If you’re good, you’re good, if you’re not, you’re not. As a point of order your bandwagon fans were annoying assholes. Sorry.

Also not sure what that has to do with a factual post about your team being in a close game. I didn’t add any commentary. I post threads all the time when a game is close at the end and there isn’t already a game thread.

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2017, 05:59 PM

Win the games that matter and people would get off your team's back...

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 06:01 PM
An upset alert isn’t predicting a win. Are you guys not at all familiar with the concept? It’s a game that shouldn’t be close, but is, late in the game. xrolleyesx

It was brought up in th NDSU and SDSU threads before you doomed acu. Shame on you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat1997
November 11th, 2017, 06:02 PM
We showed great fight coming back from a terrible 1st but just couldn't quite pull it out. Also is it that hard to spell Abilene Christian correctly? I've seen it misspelled quite a bit over the last couple of days in multiple places lol.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 06:05 PM
We showed great fight coming back from a terrible 1st but just couldn't quite pull it out. Also is it that hard to spell Abilene Christian correctly? I've seen it misspelled quite a bit over the last couple of days in multiple places lol.

It’s called autocorrect and typing on small phones

Daytripper
November 11th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Great game by ACU. They outplayed SHSU in this game. But, as today has shown with many of the top ranked teams, a win is a win and I will take this one. ACU will be dangerous next year.

Serpentor
November 11th, 2017, 06:16 PM
ACU's record does not reflect how good a team they are. Agreed with Daytripper, they're the first SLC bottom feeder that's going to leave the basement.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2017, 06:30 PM

Yes. No idea how to spell some small town in Texas with a weak football team. xcoffeex;)

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2017, 06:33 PM
Great game by ACU. They outplayed SHSU in this game. But, as today has shown with many of the top ranked teams, a win is a win and I will take this one. ACU will be dangerous next year.

Agreed. Given the way this season has gone, a win is a win. Seems like more often than not those teams get caught. Elon and Wofford both finally lost games after winning some close ones. Not sure SHSUs game against UCA is the same thing. Once you’re in the playoffs all that matters is that you have one point more than the other team. Looks like the SLC might get two seeds.

katss07
November 11th, 2017, 06:35 PM
ACU is dangerous, especially at home. This was a team ready to play. They came out flat but didn’t give up. I’ll definitely take this win and enjoy it.

Now on to HBU. FiniSH strong.

UpstateBison
November 11th, 2017, 07:31 PM
😂😂😂😂. ACU is dangerous. You SHSU guys are are killing me.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 07:40 PM
. ACU is dangerous. You SHSU guys are are killing me.

If you were lost in the mesquite around Abilene, you'd be scared too.

UpstateBison
November 11th, 2017, 07:52 PM
I would be more scared about the mesquite than SHSU!!! Did you graduate from Moorhead High School?

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 08:09 PM
I would be more scared about the mesquite than SHSU!!! Did you graduate from Moorhead High School?

No, but I played against Moorhead high, with future NDSU tight end Phil Ostlie at QB, for the 1981 MN Class AA (largest school division at the time) Football Championship, the last outside game at the old Parade Stadium in downtown Minneapolis. We won, 40-14.

And yes, the mesquite can be deadly with the long ass thorns all over it.

UpstateBison
November 11th, 2017, 08:49 PM
I was at that game. The field was a disaster and hurt MHS (Phil and offense) because of the option. Hope to meet you some day. My cousins graduated from Rosemount.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 09:01 PM
I was at that game. The field was a disaster and hurt MHS (Phil and offense) because of the option. Hope to meet you some day. My cousins graduated from Rosemount.

Oh wow....Did you play for Moorhead? Yeah that field was froze solid....We wore tennis shoes or broomball shoes...Cleats were useless. I remember it was pretty damn cold too....Close to zero

POD Knows
November 11th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Great game by ACU. They outplayed SHSU in this game. But, as today has shown with many of the top ranked teams, a win is a win and I will take this one. ACU will be dangerous next year.No it is not and no they won't

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2017, 09:43 PM
No it is not and no they won't

What if they lift weights?

POD Knows
November 11th, 2017, 09:45 PM
What if they lift weights?That only works for the next season but I guess that doesn't work either.

Bisonoline
November 11th, 2017, 09:46 PM
That only works for the next season but I guess that doesn't work either.

Ask UND. xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Ask UND. xlolx

You mean ask the committee to see if lifting weights works and then supply that information to UND. xthumbsupx

POD Knows
November 11th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Ask UND. xlolxLifting weights got UND into the playoffs last year by there domination of the BSC and their early loss to the 2 and 3 deep team Richmond, and then the excessive lifting causes numerous injuries and sunk them to the bottom of the BSC and are likely to remain in cellar dweller heaven for years to come given the move to the MVFC.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Lifting weights got UND into the playoffs last year by there domination of the BSC and their early loss to the 2 and 3 deep team Richmond, and then the excessive lifting causes numerous injuries and sunk them to the bottom of the BSC and are likely to remain in cellar dweller heaven for years to come given the move to the MVFC.

I thought they were doing Bikram Yoga before this season?

POD Knows
November 11th, 2017, 10:33 PM
I thought they were doing Bikram Yoga before this season?Don't know what that is, please provide link

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Don't know what that is, please provide link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPpcfH_HHH8

Nickels
November 11th, 2017, 10:53 PM
. ACU is dangerous. You SHSU guys are are killing me.

I've had to step away this year. It's gotten entirely too sad.

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2017, 08:02 AM
ACU is dangerous, especially at home. This was a team ready to play. They came out flat but didn’t give up. I’ll definitely take this win and enjoy it.

Now on to HBU. FiniSH strong.

When I did my poll vote I accidentally had ACU at the #1 spot. I thought about leaving since they are dangerous, especially at home, but I changed it back to James Madison.

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2017, 08:16 AM
When I did my poll vote I accidentally had ACU at the #1 spot. I thought about leaving since they are dangerous, especially at home, but I changed it back to James Madison.
ACU is firmly in my 7 spot.

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 08:18 AM

ACU is firmly in my 7 spot.

Slot voting for days

katss07
November 12th, 2017, 08:28 AM
JSU would lose to ACU in Abilene, I can tell you that!

Bison56
November 12th, 2017, 08:29 AM

You better not be trashing them!xasswhipx

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2017, 08:34 AM
JSU would lose to ACU in Abilene, I can tell you that!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/laughter.gif

beerkat
November 12th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Win the games that matter and people would get off your team's back...

The only games that seem to matter for SHSU are the ones we lose. And no they wouldn't.

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2017, 09:21 AM
The only games that seem to matter for SHSU are the ones we lose. And no they wouldn't.
No one will bother you guys here.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?195554-Safe-Space-for-Sam-Houston-State-Fans

Nickels
November 12th, 2017, 09:23 AM
No one will bother you guys here.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?195554-Safe-Space-for-Sam-Houston-State-Fans
Lies! They still bother us there too.

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Lies! They still bother us there too.
I guess the only remaining option then is to grow a pair. :D

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 09:34 AM

Go back to an 8 game schedule and schedule perennial T25 teams in the OOC and go on the road and win these games. Then people would get off your back. The amount of times this has been stated is starting to get annoying.

McNeese75
November 12th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Go back to an 8 game schedule and schedule perennial T25 teams in the OOC and go on the road and win these games. Then people would get off your back. The amount of times this has been stated is starting to get annoying.

xcoffeex You act as if the SLC fans are the ones that wanted a ****ing 9 game conference schedule. Buffalo fan drivel on this matter is really getting old. WE GET IT, THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!

Daytripper
November 12th, 2017, 02:51 PM
xcoffeex You act as if the SLC fans are the ones that wanted a ****ing 9 game conference schedule. Buffalo fan drivel on this matter is really getting old. WE GET IT, THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!

Kingpin is just a troll....

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 03:00 PM

Leave the conference or do a H-H with equal competition.

Kingpin is just a troll....

Yes. That is all I am. Nothing more than a troll.

McNeese75
November 12th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Please send us your resume' We can definitely use you as the SLC Commissioner (anyone is an improvement) or certainly as our AD (who sucks as well). I and I am sure you can balance the financial issues of the University because NDSU must face the same pressures. xthumbsupx

(It's frustration, NOT personal)

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Please send us your resume' We can definitely use you as the SLC Commissioner (anyone is an improvement) or certainly as our AD (who sucks as well). I and I am sure you can balance the financial issues of the University because NDSU must face the same pressures. xthumbsupx

(It's frustration, NOT personal)

State of ND has 13 universities and colleges for 670K people. That is unsustainable and the State needs to get their act together. I would love to live down in LA but the one thing I hate is August down there with the weather. NDSU had deficits but they were able to plan for a rainy day and made cuts over the years, instead of wait until the last possible second.

clenz
November 12th, 2017, 05:59 PM

You can not schedule a D2. Instead you can schedule any number of FCs teams.

McNeese75
November 12th, 2017, 06:11 PM
You can not schedule a D2. Instead you can schedule any number of FCs teams.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI can't schedule anything. It's all about the $. Last time we came to UNI there was no return game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

clenz
November 12th, 2017, 06:41 PM
I can't schedule anything. It's all about the $. Last time we came to UNI there was no return game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah. We paid you for it.

Then we exposed you for the frauds you were that year.

McNeese75
November 12th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Yeah. We paid you for it.

Then we exposed you for the frauds you were that year.

What number were you on the field that day?????

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2017, 06:59 PM
What number were you on the field that day?????

Not in the program, but #1 in our hearts. xlolx

I wish we would have returned that game. The folks in Lake Charles are amazing FCS fans.

McNeese75
November 12th, 2017, 07:10 PM

I wish we would have returned that game. The folks in Lake Charles are amazing FCS fans.

xthumbsupx Other than the last one, most of the games with between UNI and McNeese have been great games.

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2017, 07:24 PM
xthumbsupx Other than the last one, most of the games with between UNI and McNeese have been great games.

Very true. I just found a program one of our games from the 90s the other day.

katss07
November 12th, 2017, 07:47 PM

Yes, Lake Charles is easily one of the best FCS towns. Like Fargo, Missoula, Cheney, it’s fans are very passionate and knowledgeable about FCS football (although I would argue that Huntsville durring the playoffs can get pretty electric). Also, they have an interesting stadium at McNeese. Have only been to Lake Charles once for the 2015 playoff game that we won, it was great. Sad the Cowboys were not on the schedule this season.

TheRevSFA
November 12th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Yes, Lake Charles is easily one of the best FCS towns. Like Fargo, Missoula, Cheney, it’s fans are very passionate and knowledgeable about FCS football (although I would argue that Huntsville durring the playoffs can get pretty electric). Also, they have an interesting stadium at McNeese. Have only been to Lake Charles once for the 2015 playoff game that we won, it was great. Sad the Cowboys were not on the schedule this season.

The only reason Huntsville gets electric is someone fires up the old electric chair to see if it still works.

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2017, 08:19 PM
The only reason Huntsville gets electric is someone fires up the old electric chair to see if it still works.
Hey now. Those 4500 person crowds can get pretty wild. xdrunkyx

Wildcat1997
November 13th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Yes. No idea how to spell some small town in Texas with a weak football team. xcoffeex;)Being a Valpo fan you must know a thing or two about weak football teams.

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Being a Valpo fan you must know a thing or two about weak football teams.

Still doesn't get it.

clenz
November 13th, 2017, 12:50 PM
https://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/nathan-fillion.gif?w=350

DirtyDukes
November 13th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Man imagine how much more fun this thread would have been if MK and The Pud didn't act a fool early in the season and get banned?

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Still doesn't get it.

For a second I was thinking I still had a Valpo helmet. I swore I changed it to Sacred Heart. Haters gonna hate.

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 01:38 PM
For a second I was thinking I still had a Valpo helmet. I swore I changed it to Sacred Heart. Haters gonna hate.

You'd think they understand that as a bandwagon fan, they are just wrong, but I guess not.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-12/29/0/enhanced/webdr06/anigif_enhanced-31539-1419832176-17.gif

JSUSoutherner
November 13th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse...

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2017, 01:45 PM
You'd think they understand that as a bandwagon fan, they are just wrong, but I guess not.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-12/29/0/enhanced/webdr06/anigif_enhanced-31539-1419832176-17.gif

Let’s be honest. Even a VMI fan could laugh about the commentary on ACU being dangerous

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Xed
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better...
Fixed

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Let’s be honest. Even a VMI fan could laugh about the commentary on ACU being dangerous

I actually spat my drink out when I read that. That could possibly be (Worst) Post of the Year and that includes the poli board.

Serpentor
November 13th, 2017, 03:58 PM

You're just jelly because the only thing of note about Nacogdoches is the time Groucho Marx rolled through and completely s*** all over you guys for being ignorant rubes.

cx500d
November 13th, 2017, 10:54 PM
You're just jelly because the only thing of note about Nacogdoches is the time Groucho Marx rolled through and completely s*** all over you guys for being ignorant rubes.

I didn't know Groucho Marx was still alive?

TheRevSFA
November 14th, 2017, 06:22 AM

And the Willie Nelson album. Can’t forget that