PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 10 (The Final Week) 2017

bonarae
November 11th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Yale will become the Ivy title holder if they win The Game this week... but a two or three-way tie for the title is possible if the Elis lose and Columbia and/or Dartmouth win.

Harvard at Yale
Brown at Columbia
Princeton at Dartmouth
Cornell at Penn

LehighU11
November 11th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Before Yale's huge comeback this afternoon, I was holding out hope that Columbia could still be crowned outright champions next week. Regardless, finishing 8-2 and Ivy co-champions would be a huge accomplishment for the Lions.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Before Yale's huge comeback this afternoon, I was holding out hope that Columbia could still be crowned outright champions next week.

....Champions of what?xcoffeex

Go Green
November 11th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Before Yale's huge comeback this afternoon, I was holding out hope that Columbia could still be crowned outright champions next week. Regardless, finishing 8-2 and Ivy tri-champions would be a huge accomplishment for the Lions.

FTFY.

Go Green
November 11th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Harvard at Yale

There was an unusual run in the late 1980s to the mid 1990s when the underdog won every single The Game, no matter how large the spread. It was the weirdest thing....

Harvard has been Jekyll and Hyde all season. Hopefully strong Harvard shows and knocks off Yale to open the door to a shared title.

bulldog10jw
November 11th, 2017, 05:19 PM
There was an unusual run in the late 1980s to the mid 1990s when the underdog won every single The Game, no matter how large the spread. It was the weirdest thing....

Harvard has been Jekyll and Hyde all season. Hopefully strong Harvard shows and knocks off Yale to open the door to a shared title.

That's not what I hope

Son of Eli
November 11th, 2017, 09:10 PM

I spoke with a parent of a Yale player after the game. I expressed my concerns that Yale could have a let down against Harvard. He said the team is determined and focused on winning the championship outright. I now feel assured Yale will be prepared for Harvard next week and will not be over confident.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 09:37 PM
I spoke with a parent of a Yale player after the game. I expressed my concerns that Yale could have a let down against Harvard. He said the team is determined and focused on winning the championship outright. I now feel assured Yale will be prepared for Harvard next week and will not be over confident.

What championship do you keep talking about?

CHIP72
November 12th, 2017, 06:37 AM
What championship do you keep talking about?

Not the championship where NDSU graduates work for Ivy League graduates in this case.

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Not the championship where NDSU graduates work for Ivy League graduates in this case.

Sorry, I only have one Ivy grad working for me. He predates me, otherwise I wouldn't have hired him. I've found most Ivy grads aren't very impressive in the engineering ranks.

Go Green
November 12th, 2017, 08:18 AM

Out of curiosity, what did the 1989 Eli team parents tell you?

:)

bulldog10jw
November 12th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Out of curiosity, what did the 1989 Eli team parents tell you?

:)

As well as the '74 and '79 parents

Son of Eli
November 12th, 2017, 09:52 AM

We must never forget.

Son of Eli
November 12th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Yale
Columbia
Princeton
Penn

bulldog10jw
November 12th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Yale - Yale should win, but I've seen Harvard ruin enough Yale seasons to worry.
Columbia - great season for Columbia win or lose
Princeton - Can't imagine that offense losing a 4th straight although weather could be a big factor in Dartmouth's favor
Penn - Penn has righted the ship

Go Green
November 12th, 2017, 09:26 PM

I suppose it would be interesting to make a list of teams that could have won an outright championship if they had won their final game but had to settle for a tie because they laid an egg in the finale.

I'm sure its happened to Dartmouth at some point, but I don't know when....

Ivytalk
November 15th, 2017, 07:07 AM
Yale will beat Harvard in New Haven for the first time since 1999. (I was there.)
Columbia beats hapless Brown by at least two scores.
Penn beats Cornell in front of 1500 howling fans.
Dartmouth beats Princeton, because that’s what they do.

aceinthehole
November 16th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Jeff Jacobs: Harvard-Yale Rivalry Not Ending Anytime Soon

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-jacobs-column-yale-diana-1116-20171115-column.html

Harvard alum argues to end The Game due to CTE; Yale doctor disagrees.

Go Green
November 16th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Harvard alum argues to end The Game due to CTE.

The Harvard alum does know that The Game is only 10% of the season, right?

Son of Eli
November 16th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Ivy League schools started football and we'll still be there to turn off the lights when it's over.

Ivytalk
November 17th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Maybe 45K show up in the Bowl for The Game. 5,000 old grads croak every day, keeping the crowd down.

bulldog10jw
November 17th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Maybe 45K show up in the Bowl for The Game. 5,000 old grads croak every day, keeping the crowd down.

Rumor is over 55k tickets have been sold. Of course, tickets sold has no bearing on how many people make it inside.

Ivytalk
November 17th, 2017, 09:22 PM
Rumor is over 55k tickets have been sold. Of course, tickets sold has no bearing on how many people make it inside.
I remember a year this century where The Game was for all the marbles between H and Y for the title (2007) and the crowd was barely over 57K. Both teams were 6-0 in league play going into that game. I was sure that if a H-Y game was going to draw over 60K again in my lifetime, that was it. Oh, well. Good luck tomorrow.

Go...gate
November 17th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Yale 30, Harvard 23

Columbia 24, Brown 13

Dartmouth 28, Princeton 14

Penn 27, Cornell 17

Green26
November 18th, 2017, 10:19 AM
I suppose it would be interesting to make a list of teams that could have won an outright championship if they had won their final game but had to settle for a tie because they laid an egg in the finale.

I'm sure its happened to Dartmouth at some point, but I don't know when....

Dartmouth 1969. Clobbered by Princeton at Princeton, after coming into the game undefeated. Dartmouth qb Chasey went down with a separated shoulder.

bulldog10jw
November 18th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Yale 24 Harvard 3 - Yale's first title since 2006 and first outright title in 37 years. It's about time.

Go Green
November 18th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Yale 24 Harvard 3 - Yale's first title since 2006 and first outright title in 37 years. It's about time.

Congrats to Yale. Sometimes one point away from an undefeated season gets you a Lambert.

But with James Madison this year... not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

And Dartmouth beats Princeton as usual to win the Sawhorse Dollar and the Governor's Cup.

Go...gate
November 18th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Very tough loss for Princeton and a very tough second half of the season.

Ivytalk
November 19th, 2017, 06:29 AM
Good things come to those who wait! Congratulations to Yale.

Harvard could be in for a tough stretch. Not much O, and they are losing some good seniors.

bulldog10jw
November 19th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Good things come to those who wait! Congratulations to Yale.

Harvard could be in for a tough stretch. Not much O, and they are losing some good seniors.

Thanks, IT. Harvard looked as good as usual on defense, but their QB play was not up to their usual standards. Surprised they didn't go to Viviano sooner.

Ivytalk
November 19th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Thanks, IT. Harvard looked as good as usual on defense, but their QB play was not up to their usual standards. Surprised they didn't go to Viviano sooner.
Frankly, I’m surprised Murphy didn’t stick with Viviano all year. The frosh QB was very inconsistent, and Harvard’s running game is a shadow of its former self. Anyway, looks like Yale is back, and there’s pretty good Ivy parity behind them.

Son of Eli
November 20th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Yale is ranked in Top 25 for the first time since 2007.

http://www.fcs.football/fcsfront.asp

Go Green
November 20th, 2017, 08:42 AM
there’s pretty good Ivy parity behind them.

Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Penn, and Dartmouth have all won at least a share of the title in the past three seasons.

Pretty good parity indeed.