View Full Version : NEC Pick 'em - Week 11

RedFlash
November 9th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Week 11

Central Connecticut at Duquesne (-9.5)
Sacred Heart at St. Francis (-11)
Bryant at Robert Morris (+4.5)
Wagner at Stony Brook (-24.5)

All three conference games are taking place in Western PA this week with the big game up on the Bluff at Duquesne’s Rooney Field. I would love to see CCSU knock off the Dukes, but I think Stuart and Hines are too much and they win this one by 7. (Sorry Ace)

I’ve all but given up on the StFU offense following their last few games. The StFU defense may be one of the best they have ever had with an excellent secondary and a really good front 7. I think they find a way to score at least one TD and set the offense up with some good field position and they hold off SHU on Senior Day.

Bryant has won two in a row and should make it three straight as they try to build for 2018. This may be RMU’s best chance to score all season (RMU is only averaging 9 ppg) since Bryant’s defense is giving up more than 37 per game.

The non-conference game of the week has Wagner making the short trip out to Stony Brook for a tough matchup against the 7-2 Seawolves. Wagner picked up its first conference win last week in what has been a pretty disappointing season.

bonarae
November 9th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Duquesne
St. Francis (PA)
Bryant
Stony Brook

Gangtackle11
November 10th, 2017, 06:19 AM
Duquesne
St. Francis (PA)
Bryant
Stony Brook

Original_RMC
November 10th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Central Connecticut at Duquesne (-9.5) - NEC Championship Game. I picked CCSU as my dark horse for the NEC this year and they are now in position to take the title. But now they must take a long road trip to Pittsburgh to face the Dukes. AJ Hines is running the ball like he did last year. I think the legs of Stuart will be the difference with him picking up key 1st downs late in the game to give the Dukes the home win.
Dukes 24 - CCSU 16

Sacred Heart at St. Francis (-11) - Did SFU get the RMU bug? No offense? It seems that way recently. SFU's D is legit and SHU can put some yards and points. I'm sure SFU will try to establish their rushing attack but if that struggles...you have to start airing it out. I think 2nd half adjustments by SFU will allow SFU to pull away. I could see a low scoring and close 1st half (thinking 7-7 at the half). SFU will air it out and put this one away.
SFU 17 - SHU 13

Bryant at Robert Morris (+4.5)
Bryant is on a two game winning streak and looking to make it 3 against RMU. Bryant has the top offense in the NEC at 426.9 yards per game but they allow 473.9 yards and 37.3 points per contest. Bryant is going to sling that ball around Moon Township on Saturday. RMU only has 3 INTs this season on Def. While they are 2nd in the NEC in Pass Def, they are last in Pass Def Eff. RMU is giving up almost 4 sacks per game and that's expected with a young OL.
This is a game where RMU's offense should be able to score based on stats. But stats on win games or get you in the end zone.
I think Bryant strikes early and forces RMU to pass the ball.
Bryant 28 - RMU 10

Wagner at Stony Brook (-24.5) - Wagner picked up their 1st NEC win last week to leave RMU in the basement all alone. Now Wagner must play a very tough Stony Brook team.
Stony Brook 34 - Wagner 13