PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-11

JALMOND
November 8th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Happy Veterans Day to all those that have served. This week, the Big Sky serves up almost a full slate to honor the veterans, except for Idaho State, who drew the short straw and will sit out this weekend. Some excellent matchups this weekend before the rivalry week next week. Currently I sit at 58-18, hoping for perfection this week. Here we go.

EWU at UND---The final game as an official member of the Big Sky for the Hawks as they try to go out a winner. The Eagles need this for a shot at the playoffs, but they took a hit with suspensions. Still,...EWU 27, UND 21.

MSU at NAU---The Bobcats are smarting from a stunning non-conference blow. They head on the road to face an angry Lumberjacks team who wants a win here to get back in the playoff scramble...NAU 35, MSU 21.

UNC at UM---The Bear Brawl. The Bears feel good coming in here, knowing they stole one last year. The Grizzlies got a good win last week and have a stiff test next week. Could this be a trap game? No...UM 24, UNC 10.

SAC at CP---The Hornets struggled early last week but came alive to get the win in the fourth quarter. The Mustangs finally broke through and got a win last week. Can they get a second one in a row?...CP 21, SAC 17.

SUU at UCD---The Thunderbirds are flying high as they hope to secure a strong playoff berth, but have to face a strong Aggie squad who has looked really good at home all year. This one may be pretty good...SUU 40, UCD 28.

WSU at PSU---The Wildcats look like a strong bet for the playoffs out of the conference, but they can't overlook a Viking team that is trying to usher out their seniors with one win, hopefully...WSU 34, PSU 20.

mvemjsunpx
November 8th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Weber 34-14 Portland St. — PSU's QB situation is a revolving mystery, but that won't matter here

Sac State 27-21 Cal Poly — The 'Stangs are off the schneid, but they'll have trouble with Sac's defensive front

Suutah 34-28 Davis — UC Davis is the Southeastern Louisiana of the Big Sky

Montana St. 14-31 NAU — It could be Souers's last home game and the Bobcats are out of hope

NoCo 17-38 Montana — Will Jerry Louie-McGee see time at QB? No, that's just silly… probably

EWU 31-27 NoDak — Gubrud is out, but the Fighting Hawks are super ready for the offseason

bonarae
November 9th, 2017, 04:57 AM
Weber State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah
NAU
Montana
EWU

SochorField
November 9th, 2017, 09:24 AM
EWU...even with QB1 out
NAU....home team
UM
CP....because I hate Sac
Davis... last one with the ball wins
WSU.... Portland-State on its way to completing the perfect season

wapiti
November 9th, 2017, 01:42 PM
EWU 32 at UND 28---This game becomes more interesting with suspensions with EWU. But I think EWU has a good backup QB.

MSU 17 at NAU 24---If MSU game against KSU is indicative of where they are at this time of year, it does not bode well for them.

UNC 24 at UM 38--- The griz are starting to play much better. They still won over a decent team with a backup QB.

SAC 21 at CP 24---Is CP turning things around after last weeks W? or was it because they played another with no wins? They will have home field advantage.

SUU 17 at UCD 32---I think is the game where SUU stubs their toe and gets a bit exposed.

WSU 35 at PSU 27--- This could be a bit of a trap game for the BBQ. I think PSU is better than their record shows, but Weber is the better team.

Silenoz
November 9th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Do we have any idea who's gonna be playing quarterback for the Griz? Does it matter?

Grizalltheway
November 9th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Do we have any idea who's gonna be playing quarterback for the Griz? Does it matter?

I think Jensen is listed as QB1 on the depth chart for this week, but he's still in concussion protocol so I'm sure it will be a game-day decision.

Hambone
November 9th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Don't think too much of it with Grubrud out - UND can make 3rd and 4th stringers look special this year, so I wouldn't expect this to be any different. I'll still be there cheering my ass off for them, though.

Silenoz
November 9th, 2017, 03:13 PM
I think Jensen is listed as QB1 on the depth chart for this week, but he's still in concussion protocol so I'm sure it will be a game-day decision.
...game-day decision of Hill or rocking the wildcat with Simis or...?

Grizalltheway
November 9th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Yes

veinup
November 9th, 2017, 04:03 PM
if it isn't jensen i have to imagine it will be simis. from what coach bob said after the last game, sounds like hill is in the doghouse.

mvemjsunpx
November 9th, 2017, 04:24 PM

I believe it's unusual for a guy to miss multiple games after his first concussion, but the Griz should be fine anyway since NoCo has the worst defense in the conference.

Silenoz
November 9th, 2017, 04:36 PM
if it isn't jensen i have to imagine it will be simis. from what coach bob said after the last game, sounds like hill is in the doghouse.
Sweet, so our QB depth chart next year will be...

RS-SO
RS-FR
RS-FR
FR

Grizalltheway
November 9th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Sweet, so our QB depth chart next year will be...

RS-SO
RS-FR
RS-FR
FR
Would Phillips be eligible for a medical redshirt, or did he play too much before he got hurt?

grizband
November 9th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Would Phillips be eligible for a medical redshirt, or did he play too much before he got hurt?
Not official NCAA page, but here is an explanation of the requirements. Phillips seems to meet all the requirements, with the possible exception of Number 1. However, with Jensen playing great football this year, would Phillips come back to potentially be his backup?

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

https://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/17/how-get-medical-redshirt.htm

mvemjsunpx
November 9th, 2017, 08:34 PM

Phillips already redshirted, so he'd have to pursue a 6th. year. I think he'd probably get it, since he missed much (all?) of 2015 at Kentucky due to injury. However, he likely won't be starting over Jensen and it's possible that injury was bad enough to harm his chances of playing next year anyway.

JALMOND
November 9th, 2017, 08:37 PM

Maybe they'll take some kids from the student section and put them at quarterback for a series or two.xlolx

grizband
November 9th, 2017, 11:06 PM
Stitt confirmed Jensen will start on Saturday!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JALMOND
November 12th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Happy Veterans Day to all those that have served. This week, the Big Sky serves up almost a full slate to honor the veterans, except for Idaho State, who drew the short straw and will sit out this weekend. Some excellent matchups this weekend before the rivalry week next week. Currently I sit at 58-18, hoping for perfection this week. Here we go.

EWU at UND---The final game as an official member of the Big Sky for the Hawks as they try to go out a winner. The Eagles need this for a shot at the playoffs, but they took a hit with suspensions. Still,...EWU 27, UND 21.

MSU at NAU---The Bobcats are smarting from a stunning non-conference blow. They head on the road to face an angry Lumberjacks team who wants a win here to get back in the playoff scramble...NAU 35, MSU 21.

UNC at UM---The Bear Brawl. The Bears feel good coming in here, knowing they stole one last year. The Grizzlies got a good win last week and have a stiff test next week. Could this be a trap game? No...UM 24, UNC 10.

SAC at CP---The Hornets struggled early last week but came alive to get the win in the fourth quarter. The Mustangs finally broke through and got a win last week. Can they get a second one in a row?...CP 21, SAC 17.

SUU at UCD---The Thunderbirds are flying high as they hope to secure a strong playoff berth, but have to face a strong Aggie squad who has looked really good at home all year. This one may be pretty good...SUU 40, UCD 28.

WSU at PSU---The Wildcats look like a strong bet for the playoffs out of the conference, but they can't overlook a Viking team that is trying to usher out their seniors with one win, hopefully...WSU 34, PSU 20.

5-1 this week, 63-19 overall. Should have went with the flow and took Sac State.