PDA

View Full Version : CAA Section on AGS

UNHWildCats
February 10th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Should AGS have a section for CAA schools, similar to how the great west has one?

:smiley_wi

bigd
February 10th, 2007, 11:48 PM
THey should have one for the big sky, is there another big sky board on the internet?

Husky Alum
February 11th, 2007, 02:12 AM
We have the CAAZone for that, why do we need something on AGS?

Most of us chat in both places, regardless.

saint0917
February 11th, 2007, 07:22 AM
No, The CAA already has a message board. CAAZone (http://www.beautyriot.com/stuff/images/articles/approve/1881_1538_Aniston-Jennifer-03-400.jpg)

UNHWildCats
February 11th, 2007, 07:52 AM
We have the CAAZone for that, why do we need something on AGS?

Most of us chat in both places, regardless.

The CAAZone isnt very welcoming to the football only schools.

DTSpider
February 11th, 2007, 08:03 AM

Just keep on coming over there. If there's enough football only posters over there than we can make it welcoming.

If I can feel welcome as a UR fan, than certainly fans from UNH, URI, Maine, UMass, & Nova can as well.

Umass74
February 11th, 2007, 08:16 AM
The CAAZone does not welcome "outsiders'.

Would really like a CAA boad here.

MR. CHICKEN
February 11th, 2007, 08:22 AM
AH VOTE NAY.....CAAZONE.....IS QUITE STUFFY......LITTLE SENSE O' HUMOR........AN' MOST O' DERE POSTERAHS......ARE STILL IN DIAPERS...........xcoffeex....BRAWK!

89Hen
February 11th, 2007, 09:01 AM
I thought AGS was a CAA board. :confused: :p

th0m
February 11th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Hahah, nice one 89Hen ;) I do think it's kind of us that we allow posters from other conferences on here :D

UNHWildCats
February 11th, 2007, 09:09 AM
well this is certainly turning into a landslide. :p

Tribe4SF
February 11th, 2007, 09:17 AM

Most of us on CAAZone are glad to have posters from football only members. The football board drops off in the off-season, but offers a spot for the football-only posters to focus. Your welcome on the W&M board anytime (with the exception of MaineJeff:smiley_wi ).

ISUMatt
February 11th, 2007, 09:23 AM
You just want a CAA board to pad those posting numbers LOL...

UNHWildCats
February 11th, 2007, 09:26 AM
You just want a CAA board to pad those posting numbers LOL...

If I wanted to pad posting numbers I could just put a smily face on every thread ever written on AGS :D

Husky Alum
February 11th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Most of us on CAAZone are glad to have posters from football only members. The football board drops off in the off-season, but offers a spot for the football-only posters to focus. Your welcome on the W&M board anytime (with the exception of MaineJeff:smiley_wi ).

Careful Tribe, MJ may start bringing up the Hurricane Game again, and again, and again. ;-)

Off topic question for you, but are you going to Richmond for the CAA Hoops Tournament?

Col Hogan
February 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM
If I wanted to pad posting numbers I could just put a smily face on every thread ever written on AGS :D
There aren't people who do that here, are there? Tell me it ain't so!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Eyes of Old Main
February 11th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I don't see why not. I've always wondered why the Great West was the only one that had one. I realize theirs was created when the conference formed since they didn't have anything else, but I think threads would be easier to find if there were conference specific sections.

February 11th, 2007, 04:22 PM
... I think threads would be easier to find if there were conference specific sections.Unity my brother, all conferences in the same room! Less clicks and more homogenization? San Diego to Maine, Jacksonville to Portland State and all points in between!

UNHWildCats
February 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I don't see why not. I've always wondered why the Great West was the only one that had one. I realize theirs was created when the conference formed since they didn't have anything else, but I think threads would be easier to find if there were conference specific sections.

I dont think everything about the CAA should be in the section, but threads that may only interest CAA school fans could and it makes it easier reading if you only feel like checking out CAA things.

blackfordpu
February 11th, 2007, 04:24 PM
If we do that we need a SLC board. To my knowledge the SLC doesn't have a message board.

February 11th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I dont think everything about the CAA should be in the section, but threads that may only interest CAA school fans could and it makes it easier reading if you only feel like checking out CAA things.But what's the point of a national board if you start segmentation? How about a board at anygivensaturday.com/CAAfootballonly?

February 11th, 2007, 04:29 PM
If we do that we need a SLC board. To my knowledge the SLC doesn't have a message board.http://forums.delphiforums.com/Southland/start

saint0917
February 11th, 2007, 04:52 PM

Their not very welcome to any newbie. A while back a posted something positive about Delaware on the "Delaware Board" and all I got was crap because I'm a Umass fan. xidiotx

th0m
February 11th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah I think that may have been umassfan's doing :\

saint0917
February 11th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah I think that may have been umassfan's doing :\

He's not very popular. :p

Eyes of Old Main
February 11th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Unity my brother, all conferences in the same room! Less clicks and more homogenization? San Diego to Maine, Jacksonville to Portland State and all points in between!

Then why is there still a seperate Great West board on AGS?

I undertsand your point too, but not if one conference has one and the others don't. Either every conference has one, or none should.

February 11th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Then why is there still a seperate Great West board on AGS?
I undertsand your point too, but not if one conference has one and the others don't. Either every conference has one, or none should.Because they don't have one elsewhere and they asked. We had a poll on whether they should have one too. Heck, when it started slow there was even a poll whether we should eliminate it. Every other conference has a board or even a few of them. Point here is there is a CAA board already but all the schools that have football there are not represented.

February 11th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Personally I am registered and use the "New" button at the top so another board would not matter. But it would reduce the amount of members reading about conferences other than their own, which is a big reason for a national board.

Eyes of Old Main
February 11th, 2007, 06:37 PM
But it would reduce the amount of members reading about conferences other than their own, which is a big reason for a national board.

I'll agree with that.

Eyes of Old Main
February 11th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Because they don't have one elsewhere and they asked.

OK, but that was what 2 seasons ago? If interest hasn't grown to the point that someone else hasn't started one, isn't that saying something? Does lack of interest mean you get your own board? Has AGS become a welfare state?

Not smacking, just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe then, but not now.

WrenFGun
February 11th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure it's necessary, to be honest. I have no problem discussing things on the main board, and it's nice to get insight from non CAA/UNH fans on various issues.

OL FU
February 12th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Maybe I should pay more attention but I usually hit the new icon when searching for threads and the GWFC board confuses me enough already. I don't need to be further confused by a CAA board:confused:

GannonFan
February 12th, 2007, 09:10 AM
No need for this - the general board at AGS is fine enough to discuss most things on and real specific conference stuff does get discussed on the CAA zone boards. If you stay on the football board over there, or football school boards, it's just as welcoming as the AGS boards are. Stay out of the general board, though, because that can be unwelcoming for the uninitiated.

bandl
February 12th, 2007, 02:39 PM
No, The CAA already has a message board. CAAZone (http://www.beautyriot.com/stuff/images/articles/approve/1881_1538_Aniston-Jennifer-03-400.jpg)
I hate the CAAZone. It's for college pukes who's idea of a conversation is "OH YEAH...well...YOUR TEAM sucks...and.. um...YOU can only drink 5 beers out a bong, wuss! And...uh...myshlongisbiggerthenyoursthatswhatyourg irlfriendtoldme! O'Doyle rules!"

Peems
February 12th, 2007, 04:10 PM
seems like AGS already is the CAAzone with 5 of the top 8 discussions being about a CAA team or conference. 7 total on the first page. impressive:thumbsup:

th0m
February 12th, 2007, 05:24 PM
We try, we try ;) How about a pic of Wa/Griz? (kidding, kidding!!!)

Mountaineer
February 12th, 2007, 05:27 PM
We try, we try ;) How about a pic of Wa/Griz? (kidding, kidding!!!)

I made this awhile ago when the stadium pic posting was getting ridiculous. Ah, what the hell.. :p :thumbsup:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5126/nogrizoz7.jpg

bobbythekidd
February 12th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Unity my brother, all conferences in the same room! Less clicks and more homogenization? San Diego to Maine, Jacksonville to Portland State and all points in between!
:homer:

That is what I like about this place. I am a poster child for homerism. If it GSU, I got it. If it is any other team, I ain't got crap. Unless, they are/will be playing GSU. Turns out there are other teams out there, I had never heard of Fordham until a bit ago. That's just sad.
If we go and segrigate this place by conference, I won't be clicking on those others and would lose out. Please keep it together.:twocents:

CollegeSportsInfo
February 14th, 2007, 11:54 AM
The CAAzone is a superior message board community to any I have come across. Doubt there is any need for another one when it would simply duplicate the material.

AppGuy04
February 14th, 2007, 12:52 PM
The CAAzone is a superior message board community to any I have come across. Doubt there is any need for another one when it would simply duplicate the material.

Then why are you here?:eyebrow:

89Hen
February 14th, 2007, 01:21 PM
The CAAzone is a superior message board community to any I have come across.
:eyebrow: IMO gohens is far superior for UD sports and this one is for I-AA in general so I don't have much of a need to go to the caazone unless I wanted to talk bball, which I never do.

CollegeSportsInfo
February 14th, 2007, 01:21 PM
The thread was in response to a CAA forum and my response was in reference to the CAA football forum at CAAzone. I don't see any reason to try to mimic them when they have such a quality community.

I'm hear to discuss topics relating to general FCS. Why are you here?

89Hen
February 14th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Whatever Quinn. You're always confrontational with me. :cool:

February 14th, 2007, 01:44 PM
The CAAzone is a superior message board community to any I have come across.Have you ever been to AGS?
Doubt there is any need for another one when it would simply duplicate the material.Let me know where the CAA football-only afffiliates boards are at CAAzone. That's what this is about.

CollegeSportsInfo
February 14th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Here you go Ralph.

http://caazone.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=14

February 14th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Here you go Ralph...That isn't CAA football-only afffiliates boards like I said, that is a CAA general football board.

Why don't you have boards for the teams that are CAA in football like you have for the others?

Add them and this discussion is over. Get it?

If you want to have the ultimate CAA conference board it is silly to omit boards for the teams that play in the biggest sport the CAA sponsors.

citdog
February 14th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Ralph, I almost pulled my chin in when I read that! :eek: :thumbsup:

CollegeSportsInfo
February 14th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Wow. First off, the fact that there needs to be an explanation is just silly.

This thread was titled "Poll: CAA Section on AGS". I voted on that question because like others based on the thread responses, I interpreted it as "does AGS need a CAA forum". Not "Does AGS need to add a CAA Forum as well as a forum for all the CAA schools".

So again, the existing CAA Football Forum is located at http://caazone.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=14

CollegeSportsInfo
February 14th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Ralph, Any particular reason why you edited the post to remove the reminder for CSN?

Again...

If you haven't bookmarked it, do it now. Virtually all of the conference boards similar to the GWFC forum on AGS and the CAA Football forum are available on

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/section_front.asp?arttypeid=991