8-1

Kennesaw State
8-1

Northern Arizona
6-3

Western Carolina
7-3
NR

Others receiving votes: Northern Iowa (51), Richmond (38), Furman (37), Montana (27), Villanova (24), Delaware (20), The Citadel (9), Dartmouth (5), Yale (5), N.C. Central (3), Austin Peay (2), San Diego (2).

BEAR
November 6th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Woah...NDSU dropped to #6? xlolx No way. Sorry. But I have heard late season losses do hurt teams. But I just can't....

WestCoastAggie
November 6th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Thoughts:

Folks aren't going to like Monmouth and Kennesaw St being ranked over UNI, Richmond and Furman.

NDSU sliding to 6th is a bit of a shocker.

Take A&T out of the top 10 and slide Wofford, USD and Elon up 1 spot, and the top 10 looks to line up with the Committee's thoughts, IMHO.

MVFC fans will flip over two SLC schools ranked higher than the XDSU's

CappinHard
November 6th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Woah...NDSU dropped to #6? xlolx No way. Sorry. But I have heard late season losses do hurt teams. But I just can't....

Agreed. Way too far. Seems like they were just looking for a reason to drop them and finally got it. Shouldn't have dropped past #4, definitely shouldn't be below SDSU. Not sure why I care, this poll is still junk as it always is.

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2017, 11:40 AM
This poll is one big facepalm as usual. I obviously don't think NDSU should drop to #6 but SUU all the way down at #17 is even worse.

Furman, UNI, Montana all unranked???

Thoughts:

Folks aren't going to like Monmouth and Kennesaw St being ranked over UNI, Richmond and Furman.

NDSU sliding to 6th is a bit of a shocker.

Take A&T out of the top 10 and slide Wofford, USD and Elon up 1 spot, and the top 10 looks to line up with the Committee's thoughts, IMHO.

MVFC fans will flip over two SLC schools ranked higher than the XDSU's
I think SUU will be in the committee's top 10 this week. But we'll see. I'd be shocked if the order of the top 6 is even close to being in line with the committee's rankings (hopefully I'm not putting too much faith in the committee after their solid opening effort last week).

WestCoastAggie
November 6th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Agreed. Way too far. Seems like they were just looking for a reason to drop them and finally got it. Shouldn't have dropped past #4, definitely shouldn't be below SDSU. Not sure why I care, this poll is still junk as it always is.

You all should be 2-3 honestly. The schedule + soundly beating NDSU are really strong items on the Jackrabbits resume.

BEAR
November 6th, 2017, 11:42 AM

Exactly.

BNATION
November 6th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Keep in mind guys, the people voting here know more about football than anyone on this board. They coach it at this level.... Not saying i agree with it at all, but these guys are not idiot over zealous fans....

UNIFanSince1983
November 6th, 2017, 11:44 AM
They felt they needed SDSU ahead of them with the H2H win, but couldn't put SDSU ahead of some other teams so they just dropped them way further than they should have.

Grizalltheway
Keep in mind guys, the people voting here know more about football than anyone on this board. They coach it at this level.... Not saying i agree with it at all, but these guys are not idiot over zealous fans....
At the same time I doubt they put much time or effort into it, and I certainly don't blame them considering they have, you know, coach things to do.

BEAR

xlolx

http://coachrey.com/volleyball-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/revenge-of-the-volleyball-nerds.jpg

Professor Chaos
You're making a big assumption that it's actually coaches voting. Even if that is the case it doesn't matter how much they know about football when they don't watch anyone outside of their current season's opponents. They look at scores and slot vote accordingly. The proof is in how bad they generally miss based on the playoff selection committee's rankings... don't try to invent credibility where there is none.

UNIFanSince1983
November 6th, 2017, 11:45 AM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/0a/0a077a3d903901d10f1e150a34accbdddeecc18537c4ee7122 bf683df446287d.jpg

BNATION
November 6th, 2017, 11:47 AM
When 2 SLC teams are in the top 4 i will invent anything that is invent-able.... xdrunkyx

You're making a big assumption that it's actually coaches voting. Even if that is the case it doesn't matter how much they know about football when they don't watch anyone outside of their current season's opponents. They look at scores and slot vote accordingly. The proof is in how bad they generally miss based on the playoff selection committee's rankings... don't try to invent credibility where there is none.

JMUNJ08
November 6th, 2017, 11:48 AM

Really? Central Arkansas and SHSU ahead with all the variables? Those are some rosey glasses you have there...

Bisonator
November 6th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Wow this is garbagexlolx

nevadagriz
November 6th, 2017, 11:53 AM
Uni not in top 25 is crazy!
Question because I do not Know Could Grambling beat any of the teams in that top 30??

F'N Hawks
November 6th, 2017, 11:54 AM
UNI is getting the anti-UNI treatment this year. In the past they could lose 4 games in a row and not drop out. Now they can't get back in no matter what they do. xlolx

BNATION
November 6th, 2017, 11:55 AM
As rosey as it gets, im not a news outlet, this is an opinion board, and that opinion is swayed by my dedication to team and conference like the rest of you blowhards.

Really? Central Arkansas and SHSU ahead with all the variables? Those are some rosey glasses you have there...

WileECoyote06
November 6th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Uni not in top 25 is crazy!
Question because I do not Know Could Grambling beat any of the teams in that top 30??

Analysis of the teams strengths, weakness, and schedule says no; but analytics has never picked up a football. xdontknowx

JSUSoutherner
November 6th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Eastern Washington in but UNI isn't? Lol K.

superman7515
November 6th, 2017, 12:09 PM
After everything that went on between Delaware and Richmond in the offseason, Delaware is not making the coaches poll unless there is a deep playoff run, haha.

6-2 against FCS competition, including wins over #15 and #27 in this weeks poll (Delaware at #31), and the closest game #1 JMU has had all season (yes, the loss to Towson was bad).

Bison56
November 6th, 2017, 12:12 PM
xlolx

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2017, 12:14 PM
After everything that went on between Delaware and Richmond in the offseason, Delaware is not making the coaches poll unless there is a deep playoff run, haha.

6-2 against FCS competition, including wins over #15 and #27 in this weeks poll (Delaware at #31), and the closest game #1 JMU has had all season (yes, the loss to Towson was bad).
Geez, I didn't even notice that one. That's 4 teams outside the rankings that should be in (along with Furman, UNI, and Montana).

jadmt
November 6th, 2017, 12:15 PM
it's a joke...not sure how early season wins and loses can have such an affect on the polls. Certainly the team that is getting the short end as far as votes is SUSU.

BEAR
November 6th, 2017, 12:17 PM
With today's Poll, Bison fans can no longer justify using this poll for credibility....xlolx

Actually, no team can...xlolx Horawful...:D

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2017, 12:21 PM
With today's Poll, Bison fans can no longer justify using this poll for credibility....xlolx

Actually, no team can...xlolx Horawful...:D
Honestly, dropping the Bison to #6 isn't what pisses me off about this poll. I think there's justifiably some concern about whether NDSU is as good as we all thought they were before last Saturday. What pisses me off is if NDSU wins their last 2 (against two good teams) they won't move back in front of any of the teams that passed them this week unless those teams lose.

If NDSU beats USD next weekend I think it's fair to say that they've proven that the SDSU game was a combo of NDSU playing poorly and SDSU showing that they're a much better team now than they were a month ago so moving NDSU back ahead of teams like JSU and SHSU who don't have near the quality wins to compete with the Bison would be justified. But the slot voters in this poll won't do it even for an NDSU team that's 10-1 with the outright conference title in the toughest FCS conference in the country.

Daytripper
November 6th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Honestly, dropping the Bison to #6 isn't what pisses me off about this poll. I think there's justifiably some concern about whether NDSU is as good as we all thought they were before last Saturday. What pisses me off is if NDSU wins their last 2 (against two good teams) they won't move back in front of any of the teams that passed them this week unless those teams lose.

If NDSU beats USD next weekend I think it's fair to say that they've proven that the SDSU game was a combo of NDSU playing poorly and SDSU showing that they're a much better team now than they were a month ago so moving NDSU back ahead of teams like JSU and SHSU who don't have near the quality wins to compete with the Bison would be justified.

Let the ritual whining commence.....

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2017, 12:32 PM
And let the whining about the whining commence. I'm fine with bumping NDSU down a bit this week but if they beat USD and Illinois St winning the MVFC title outright at 10-1 and you can still justify SHSU in front of NDSU it'll be a tap dancing show you should charge admission to.

BNATION
November 6th, 2017, 02:05 PM
I would put a 10-1 MVFC champ in front of SHSU 10-1 absolutely. I do however think the Bison will drop one more, and i think it could be this weekend. If this game was in SD I would actually place a wager, but at the dome all bets are off!

And let the whining about the whining commence. I'm fine with bumping NDSU down a bit this week but if they beat USD and Illinois St winning the MVFC title outright at 10-1 and you can still justify SHSU in front of NDSU it'll be a tap dancing show you should charge admission to.

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2017, 02:14 PM
I would put a 10-1 MVFC champ in front of SHSU 10-1 absolutely. I do however think the Bison will drop one more, and i think it could be this weekend. If this game was in SD I would actually place a wager, but at the dome all bets are off!
I would normally be pretty confident saying that the Bison will bounce back since they haven't lost consecutive games in 8 years but I was dead wrong last week. I thought between SDSU and USD that USD had a better chance shot at beating NDSU so I don't really know what to expect at this point. I guess we'll find out in a hurry whether last week was the beginning of a trend for the Bison or just a blip.

BNATION
November 6th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Agree with you there, i had this game (SD) as a possible upset alert for NDSU, now after the loss last week I would be very surprised if they didn't play with their hair on fire Saturday at home. A pissed off NDSU team may run out of the tunnel and not stop until they run through the other side of the fargo dome.

I would normally be pretty confident saying that the Bison will bounce back since they haven't lost consecutive games in 8 years but I was dead wrong last week. I thought between SDSU and USD that USD had a better chance shot at beating NDSU so I don't really know what to expect at this point. I guess we'll find out in a hurry whether last week was the beginning of a trend for the Bison or just a blip.

JayMYou
November 6th, 2017, 05:03 PM

Playoffs coming up brah, might want to start reeling that shat in.

https://memeguy.com/photos/images/mfw-my-friend-says-hashtag-irony-out-loud-103110.gif