PDA

View Full Version : CAA board at AGS?

UNHWildCats
February 10th, 2007, 05:47 PM
hey ralph would it be possible to get a caa section like the great west has?

I recently joined the caazone, but they seem to hate certain football schools over there.

mainejeff
February 10th, 2007, 07:27 PM
hey ralph would it be possible to get a caa section like the great west has?

I recently joined the caazone, but they seem to hate certain football schools over there.

The CAAZone is very provincial. If you're not an all-sport member then you are considered an outcast.

th0m
February 10th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Haha, yeah you have quite a rep on the CAA boards MaineJeff ;)

I don't think that there's anything against the CAA-FB members, it's just that most football talk goes on on the schoolboards, and since there are only schoolboards for the full CAA members, as well as a heavy basketball emphasis on the boards in general, the football talk is rather limited. (the special football board isn't very lively at all)

Also, Delaware fans (especially the football Hens) are mostly found on Gohens.net, and not on the CAAZone.

UNHWildCats
February 10th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Who should we kick out of the CAA

my votes go to Maine, UMass, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Richmond, & Villanova

uh huh sure doesnt sound like they dont have anything against football only schools.

Col Hogan
February 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Add me to this request. I joined the CAAZone and immediately felt totally unwelcomed....a CAA section here would be nice :hurray:

mainejeff
February 10th, 2007, 11:30 PM
We'll call it the CAA Outcasts Zone. ;)

Seriously, America East Football can't come fast enough for me. Not sure if it will ever happen, but it sure would be nice.

February 10th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Is it really needed here though? Can't you just post what you want? The thing about boards outside of AGS is we don't see what's being said and y'all can have your own talk. Do it here and every butt-in-ski like me will be commenting on stuff. Maybe we should put it to a vote since you're right, CAAzone doesn't have a place for you. There are home boards for a bunch of you though.

citdog
February 10th, 2007, 11:39 PM
A CAA Secession movement? I would like to offer my services!

Mountaineer
February 10th, 2007, 11:42 PM
I think it'd be cool if there was a board here for every conference. Maybe we'd see a lot more fans of of various teams dropping by. It'd be a one-stop FCS bonanza! xlolx :D

slycat
February 11th, 2007, 12:27 AM
i dunno i agree with ralph. its nice for us all to talk FCS on one board. i dont really like that there is a Great West board in the first place. i usually dont read stuff on that board but if it was on the main board then i would read it.:twocents:

February 11th, 2007, 12:36 AM
... i usually dont read stuff on that board but if it was on the main board then i would read it.:twocents:just click the "New" button at the top of the page and it lists new posts from every board here. Works well for us butt-in-skis! :)

slycat
February 11th, 2007, 12:39 AM
just click the "New" button at the top of the page and it lists new posts from every board here. Works well for us butt-in-skis! :)

good call. i guess i should have realized that by now.

DTSpider
February 11th, 2007, 07:58 AM
The CAA football site picks up once the fall practice starts. I've found that the majority of the posters are fine. Thick skin may be required at times, but once you've established yourself it's not any worse than any other message board. I don't think a separate section is really needed on AGS. How many message boards can you follow?

MR. CHICKEN
February 11th, 2007, 08:32 AM
DON'T NEED UH CAA SECTION HERE.......JES' STICK TO YER GUNS.....WHEN DEY GANG UP ON YA..........YER OPINIONS.....ARE AS VALID.....AS ANY....O' DERE "STUFFY".....SPORTIN' IDEAHS....:twocents:..AWK!

rufus
February 11th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I really don't think the CAAZone is as unwelcoming as people claim. You just have to understand certain things.

1) Some of the CAA non-football schools (VCU, UNCW, Mason, ODU until recently) are not exactly fans of CAA football. They seem to feel that the desire to sponsor football has driven our expansion over the last five years. If you stay off of the general conferene talk board, you'll avoid most of these people. Stick to the football board or the boards of the football schools.

2) The "old school" CAA schools (pre-2000) despise Richmond for its failed attempt to destroy the CAA. It was one of the lowest moves in the history of college sports, and there is still a lot of bad blood. That being said, there are a handful of respected UR posters on the board.

3) Fans of the CAA football-only schools are generally treated kindly, as long as they're not just there to flame.

blukeys
February 11th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I really don't think the CAAZone is as unwelcoming as people claim. You just have to understand certain things.

1) Some of the CAA non-football schools (VCU, UNCW, Mason, ODU until recently) are not exactly fans of CAA football.

Yes the non-football schools all consider FCS football a minor league sport. That is until they get a football team e.g. ODU, then football at any level becomes great and even essential!!!!;)

February 11th, 2007, 11:40 AM
... Stick to the football board or the boards of the football schools...Well that's a problem when they don't have a school board there right?

igo4uni
February 11th, 2007, 12:44 PM
A CAA Secession movement? I would like to offer my services!

Sigh............:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Coming from citdog...........it is funny, though!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

ChickenMan
February 11th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I have checked out the CAA board from time to time in the past... but I've never posted there. No doubt that it is predominately a basketball forum. I always got the impression that many of the BB fans from the non CAA football schools like to think of themselves being major league while looking down their nose at FCS (I-AA) football. And that was before GMU made their big run last spring... so I have to assume that they are probably even more full of themselves now. The CAA board isn't for me... but GoHens.net and AGS work just fine.

th0m
February 11th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah those posters are really funny. I think most of them are GMU and VCU posters, although quite a few ODU posters seem to think they'll be dominating CAA Football within 5 years as well. A lot of CAA folk see FCS football as DII football. I just roll my eyes and think of homecoming in front of 16k fans, while they go to a friggin bball game for homecoming xlolx

ccd494
February 11th, 2007, 11:18 PM
2) The "old school" CAA schools (pre-2000) despise Richmond for its failed attempt to destroy the CAA. It was one of the lowest moves in the history of college sports, and there is still a lot of bad blood. That being said, there are a handful of respected UR posters on the board.

I've never understood why the CAA fans can be so bitter about Richmond leaving and so condescending about plucking Northeastern from the AE. :confused:

citdog
February 11th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Hell I'm still pissed off about Richmond and W&M leaving the SoCon!

Monarch Nation
February 12th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Yeah those posters are really funny. I think most of them are GMU and VCU posters, although quite a few ODU posters seem to think they'll be dominating CAA Football within 5 years as well. A lot of CAA folk see FCS football as DII football. I just roll my eyes and think of homecoming in front of 16k fans, while they go to a friggin bball game for homecoming xlolx

Dominate? No. Competitive? Yes. I think we can be competitive in 5 years; that is, not embarrass ourselves week in and week out.

DTSpider
February 12th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I've never understood why the CAA fans can be so bitter about Richmond leaving and so condescending about plucking Northeastern from the AE. :confused:

It's a long story which can be told later, maybe even in a different thread. Please remember that Presidents and Presidents alone make decisions about conference affiliation. UR's god awful president made the move in a controversal fashion. We'll all be happier on July 1st when he's officially gone.

89Hen
February 12th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Not really. No offense Husky fans, but are there any CAA fans here that were excited about the addition of NU when it happened?

But if you want an answer... the CAA is superior to the AE and A10 so it would make sense to question UR and relish NU. :p ;)