PDA

View Full Version : 2017-11/04 AGS GOTW Week 10

ursus arctos horribilis
October 30th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Help from MTFan in getting this together so I thank you again dude.

North Dakota State @ South Dakota State - Elite offense vs. elite defense. An SDSU win could put them back in the running for a seed.

Weber State @ Eastern Washington - The best win for both teams is one of the Montana schools, so they both need this win to not just stay alive in the conference title race, but also feel comfortable come playoff selection time.

South Dakota @ Northern Iowa - USD has been pretty inconsistent on the road, but still control their own destiny towards getting at least a piece of the conference title. UNI needs to win out to get to 7 wins and the schedule gets pretty easy after playing USD.

Western Illinois @ Illinois State - Suddenly Western Illinois is having flashbacks to last season where they started 5-1 and finished 6-5. Illinois State was dead in the water a couple weeks ago, but now need just one win to get to 7 on the season.

Kennesaw State @ Montana State - KSU has 7 wins, but none of them are against a team above .500. If they want to be considered for an at-large spot, they probably can't afford to lose. The Bobcats, meanwhile, can still win out to get to 7 wins.

BisonBacker
October 30th, 2017, 12:06 PM
I second NDSU @ SDSU. That is the game of the week IMHO and that's not a homer vote either.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 30th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Sorry BB but had to shut that down as I forgot to post poll on it. Now we're good to go and no seconds or nominations just voting.

RootinFerDukes
October 30th, 2017, 12:15 PM
It's the marker game every single year. The other games are at least two levels lower in scale.

Reign of Terrier
October 30th, 2017, 12:23 PM
I'll be the contrarian and vote Kennesaw. Yeah, Montana State may not be that good and Kennesaw hasn't beaten anyone decent (and if they win, you still may not be able to say that), but it'll be an interesting matchup. If Montana State wins, it'll be a good game. If Kennesaw it'll be like a "we're here!" kind of game.

I'll admit that the impacts on playoffs, etc will be minimal compared to the other games, but it's the kind of game that college football is all about.

BisonFan02
October 30th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Marker.....shut it down. Votes over. xlolx :D

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2017, 02:35 PM
It's the marker game every single year. The other games are at least two levels lower in scale.

Every once in a while you post some really smart **** xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katss07
October 30th, 2017, 03:47 PM
The Marker is obviously the biggest game, but Montana St vs. Kennesaw will be big as well. Should Kennesaw win, they give the Big South a good chance at two playoff teams.

REALBird
October 30th, 2017, 03:52 PM
I have a dog in the race and still voted "The Marker" game. Just put us out of our misery already. LOL Voting closed.

FUGameBreaker
October 30th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Looking forward to seeing ndsu have to play some road playoff football this year if they slip up in 2 of final 3 games, they only 1-1 all time in road playoff games in FCS, should change things for them in a big way if they have to start taking that path. Plus with weak non conference of Miss Valley, Robert Morris and no FBS game, committee should cut them no slack

BisonFan02
October 30th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Looking forward to seeing ndsu have to play some road playoff football this year if they slip up in 2 of final 3 games, they only 1-1 all time in road playoff games in FCS, should change things for them in a big way if they have to start taking that path. Plus with weak non conference of Miss Valley, Robert Morris and no FBS game, committee should cut them no slack

Not needed with our conference schedule....check the top 25 wins.

FUGameBreaker
October 30th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Not needed with our conference schedule....check the top 25 wins.

Gotta disagree, that OOC schedule is weak sauce for a program that is suppose to be one of the leaders of FCS, we fans outside of fargo want to see you guys play better competition, home and away

FUGameBreaker
October 30th, 2017, 05:31 PM
And I see only 1 conference win over a current top 25 team, so like I was saying (which is kinda stating the obvious) ndsu last 3 games here will be huge, if they lose 2 of them they might not deserve a top 8 seed based on the OOC slate they played

TheKingpin28
October 30th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Gotta disagree, that OOC schedule is weak sauce for a program that is suppose to be one of the leaders of FCS, we fans outside of fargo want to see you guys play better competition, home and away

2017: MVSU, @ #7/6 EWU, Robert Morris
2016: #6/7 CSU, #8/8 EWU, @ #11 Iowa FBS
2015: @ #12/13 Montana, Weber St, UND
2014: @ Iowa State FBS, @ Weber St, Incarnate Word, #4/3 Montana
2013: @ B12 Champion Kansas St, Ferris St, Delaware St
2012: Robert Morris, @ Colorado St FBS, PVAM
2011: Lafayette, St. Francis, @ Minnesota FBS

Every year, NDSU plays at least 1 tough opponent on the road (except 11, Minnesota is just trash. Suck it Gopher fans). What more can you ask? Your "idea" that you "want to see you guys play better competition, home and away" is just a lie and you know it.

citdog
October 30th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Are y'all starting to see why NOBODY likes furman people? A bunch of GIGANTIC bleeding gashes is ALL they are.

As for GOTW

Marker

Lorne_Malvo
October 30th, 2017, 06:21 PM
USD @ UNI should be a fun game.

ST_Lawson
October 30th, 2017, 08:37 PM
I know the Marker is a huge game, but I had to go with my guys playing the Redbirds for the 100th time in our school's histories. Especially since we're fairly evenly matched, I think, should be a quality game, and the loser is in serious jeopardy of being at home eating turkey over Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm a homer...sue me.

Winterborn
October 30th, 2017, 09:43 PM
I know the Marker is a huge game, but I had to go with my guys playing the Redbirds for the 100th time in our school's histories. Especially since we're fairly evenly matched, I think, should be a quality game, and the loser is in serious jeopardy of being at home eating turkey over Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm a homer...sue me.

Hitting a hundred games is pretty cool. You got my vote. There will be another NDSU vs. SDSU game sometime, if not this year then the next. 100 only comes around once.

TheKingpin28
October 30th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Hitting a hundred games is pretty cool. You got my vote. There will be another NDSU vs. SDSU game sometime, if not this year then the next. 100 only comes around once.

Unless you believe Futurama tells the truth, since then you'd be wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi7egXgYcgk

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2017, 05:14 AM

According to Izzo it’s been played 15 times since 2007. So I think you got a safe bet.

I mentioned this in the Marker thread but is there any other series played more in that time span?

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2017, 08:54 AM
According to Izzo it’s been played 15 times since 2007. So I think you got a safe bet.

I mentioned this in the Marker thread but is there any other series played more in that time span?

No, and we'll play again this year.

Mayville Bison
October 31st, 2017, 09:05 AM
I hate voting for the same team two weeks in a row, so I really wanted to go with Weber/EWU, but I ultimately went with the Dakota Marker game.

This guy gets it xdrunkyx

ST_Lawson
October 31st, 2017, 10:03 AM
No, and we'll play again this year.

Yea, we don't come close to that number, but we do have an "above 1 game per year" average with Illinois State in that span, having played them in the playoffs in 2015.

Bisonator
October 31st, 2017, 02:25 PM
Lol not this **** again. NDSU has lost more games at home then on the road the last 7 years so be careful what you wish for.xlolx

MTfan4life
October 31st, 2017, 02:52 PM

Classic Izzo. Incorrect with stats. This season will be the 14th matchup between the two teams since 2007. I'm sure that's been the most, though. There's a whole host of teams who have played each other 12 times since 2007.

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2017, 09:45 AM
In honor of hump day....

What do you call a camel with 3 humps?
pregnant

https://m.popkey.co/b335c0/E8abY.gif

eh?....eh?....eh? Joke bump on hump day?

https://i.imgur.com/JokWAth.gif

Serpentor
November 1st, 2017, 10:20 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/27HBKlIO2WpoY/giphy.gif

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2017, 10:30 AM
When was the last time Kennesaw State played in the cold and snow? It's looking like a winter wonderland this weekend in Bozeman so those Southern Boys better dress warm!

I picked WIU-ISUr. To me this is a huge game for teams in terms of playoff positioning. This seems like a really even matchup....

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2017, 04:56 PM
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s750x750/sh0.08/e35/14583285_1595093680787445_3163117433523273728_n.jp g?ig_cache_key=MTM1NDQ2NTI0NTM3Mjc3ODU3OQ%3D%3D.2

Catbooster
November 2nd, 2017, 12:16 AM
I'll be at one of these games, but didn't pick it.

Or, bump