NR
6-2

Monmouth
NR
7-1

Kennesaw State
NR
7-1

Others receiving votes: Richmond (58), Western Carolina (46), Northern Iowa (32), The Citadel (27), Furman (20), Delaware (13), Youngstown State (11), Montana (9), N.C. Central (7), Dartmouth (6), Southeastern Louisiana (5), Austin Peay (4), Duquesne (2), San Diego (1), Yale (1).

Reign of Terrier
October 30th, 2017, 11:55 AM
You know this is horse**** because Furman has less votes than Western Carolina and they beat them this week

The Cats
October 30th, 2017, 12:05 PM
You know this is horse**** because Furman has less votes than Western Carolina and they beat them this week

We said the same thing when Samford was ranked higher than us..... the coaches poll is a total dumpster fire, If you're not in the MV or CAA you're toast as far as moving up.

FurmanWins!!
October 30th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Coaches poll needs to be disbanded, its completely pointless

Purpleglasses
October 30th, 2017, 12:07 PM
And Samford still top 15 when losing at home to a 1-7 Chatt team that has been a dumpster fire this year.
Come on Coaches Poll...if you are going to vote, at least have the integrity to think about what you are doing, and the courage to do the right thing.
Do you really think this a true representation of the teams on the field at this point of the season?
Furman is now the winners of 6 straight, only losses were to #9, and 10 of this poll, and a #20 FBS team in NC State.
Seems to me to be pretty straight forward.

Professor Chaos
October 30th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Wow, what does Furman have to do to be ranked by these guys? This poll finds new ways every week to prove their ineptitude.

We said the same thing when Samford was ranked higher than us..... the coaches poll is a total dumpster fire, If you're not in the MV or CAA you're toast as far as moving up.
It's got nothing to do with being in the MVFC and CAA and has everything to do with slot voting/name recognition. SHSU (SLC) has no business being ranked ahead of USD (MVFC). Eastern Washington (Big Sky) and Nicholls (SLC) are way too high. I could go on but it's just garbage top to bottom.

WestCoastAggie
October 30th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Put Furman at 18, and then drop everyone else below by 1. Then it would look more "legit."

PaladinFan
October 30th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Wow, what does Furman have to do to be ranked by these guys? This poll finds new ways every week to prove their ineptitude.

It's got nothing to do with being in the MVFC and CAA and has everything to do with slot voting/name recognition. SHSU (SLC) has no business being ranked ahead of USD (MVFC). Eastern Washington (Big Sky) and Nicholls (SLC) are way too high. I could go on but it's just garbage top to bottom.

In terms of name recognition, I get that Furman hasn't been good in a while, but we have a national title, three title appearances, 13 SoCon titles, and umpteen playoff appearances. It's not like we are Kumquat State or something.

FurmanWins!!
October 30th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Villanova is 4-4 with 4 horrid wins, why do they get any respect this season?

walliver
October 30th, 2017, 12:36 PM
The poll is administered by the SoCon. I guess this week they asked the refs to vote instead of the SID's.

Bison56
October 30th, 2017, 12:36 PM

Yeah that's itxrolleyesx

Professor Chaos
October 30th, 2017, 12:38 PM
And then there's Grambling at #12. xrolleyesx

X-Factor
October 30th, 2017, 02:15 PM
And then there's Grambling at #12. xrolleyesx

Or A&T in seed territory....

UNIFanSince1983
October 30th, 2017, 02:34 PM
The Citadel is ahead of Furman too.

Are we sure this isn't just Citdog's STATS poll...

gofurman
October 30th, 2017, 02:42 PM

Even worse. Citadel is 3-3 vs SoCon opponents. Furman tied w Wofford at 5-1 vs SoCon opponents for First place ! Who is still ahead in coaches poll ? Citadel.

This thing is horrible. I expected poor results from this - expected about 25th. But OTR that far down. Ridiculous

Mocs123
October 30th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Furman DESERVES to be ranked. They are a good football team and I would expect them to represent the SoCon in the playoffs.

Professor Chaos
October 30th, 2017, 02:46 PM
The Citadel is ahead of Furman too.

Are we sure this isn't just Citdog's STATS poll...
It would help if they would make the ballots public... I believe Craig Haley has stated that'll never happen for the STATS poll and I highly doubt the NCAA, who I think administers the Coaches poll, won't do it either.

I think it would be highly entertaining to have a contest to see who can find the most awful poll ballot amongst the voters in those two polls because I bet it would be epically awful on a weekly basis.

WestCoastAggie
October 30th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Or A&T in seed territory....

You Bison sure love bringing up A&T. xrolleyesx

gofurman
October 30th, 2017, 02:51 PM

And I am objective enough to say just bc a team beats someone doesn’t mean they switch places. If Furman beats JMU should they switch order? No way. In that case, Furman should jump significantly and JMU drop some - maybe Furman at 14 and JMU at 6. It’s about body of work (and recent success trends). But even w that Furman should be 20 or so now. Easy

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2017, 02:56 PM
You Bison sure love bringing up A&T. xrolleyesx

Farm hands like seed talk

Serpentor
October 30th, 2017, 03:00 PM
SHSU (SLC) has no business being ranked...

FYP. :P

FargoBison
October 30th, 2017, 03:12 PM
They dropped A&T down a spot, not sure how that happened. Maybe one coach or SID or intern looked at their schedule and became enlightened, that said it would require effort to do that so it was probably just some kind of polling error.

Kemo
October 30th, 2017, 03:13 PM
I'm kind of surprised that people still bother complaining about this poll. When does apathy finally set in for you guys?

Serpentor
October 30th, 2017, 03:27 PM
I'm kind of surprised that people still bother complaining about this poll. When does apathy finally set in for you guys?

For some people, this is the only oppression they'll ever face...

ElCid
October 30th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Villanova is 4-4 with 4 horrid wins, why do they get any respect this season?

I will agree that Nova has been getting a bit too much love, but don't look foolish if you don't know who they beat. Furman does not have as good of a win, yet, than they do.

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2017, 04:25 PM
I will agree that Nova has been getting a bit too much love, but don't look foolish if you don't know who they beat. Furman does not have as good of a win, yet, than they do.

for nova it's the basketball program affect

UNIFanSince1983
October 30th, 2017, 04:37 PM
And I am objective enough to say just bc a team beats someone doesn’t mean they switch places. If Furman beats JMU should they switch order? No way. In that case, Furman should jump significantly and JMU drop some - maybe Furman at 14 and JMU at 6. It’s about body of work (and recent success trends). But even w that Furman should be 20 or so now. Easy

Sure this late in the season you take everything into consideration. WCU and Furman have quite similar resumes actually. Both 6-3 with an FBS loss. Both lost to Wofford. Similar wins although WCU does arguably have the better win having beat Samford already. So I think between these two it is close enough you go to head-to-head. In that game Furman went to Cullowhee and won by 22pts. In my opinion this is where you make the case that Furman should be higher than WCU.

FurmanWins!!
October 30th, 2017, 05:10 PM

They beat Lehigh, Lafayette, Towson and Maine, all pretty much horrid, not to mention one of their 4 losses is to Albany who is bad, so what exactly are you talking about now lol

POD Knows
October 30th, 2017, 05:14 PM
You Bison sure love bringing up A&T. xrolleyesxWe don't like posers

WestCoastAggie
October 30th, 2017, 05:20 PM
We don't like posers

Tell your school to come down to Greensboro next fall then. We'd love to show you Bison just how real we are. xnodx

POD Knows
October 30th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Tell your school to come down to Greensboro next fall then. We'd love to show you Bison just how real we are. xnodxNo, you come up here first and then we will think about it. I have seen how real you are, a busted up Richmond team rolled you guys by 30 last year. Are you better this year, maybe, maybe not.

BTW, I would love to go to Greensboro, it would have to be better than Cheney (sorry EWU fans, just kidding) How do you know we haven't reached out to NCAT?

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2017, 05:28 PM
For some people, this is the only oppression they'll ever face...

That's true

WestCoastAggie
October 30th, 2017, 05:33 PM
No, you come up here first and then we will think about it. I have seen how real you are, a busted up Richmond team rolled you guys by 30 last year. Are you better this year, maybe, maybe not.

BTW, I would love to go to Greensboro, it would have to be better than Cheney (sorry EWU fans, just kidding) How do you know we haven't reached out to NCAT?

Great question. I can shoot an email to our AD and ask.

POD Knows
October 30th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Great question. I can shoot an email to our AD and ask.Seriously, ask them, I would be curious to know.

KPSUL
October 30th, 2017, 05:39 PM

Maine which is 4-3 right now, has been Villanova most impressive win and they beat them decisively 31 - 0. There is no such thing as a "horrid win", but Villanova only has a total of 4 of them, and the other three teams they beat have losing records. I'm more concerned that Villanova is ranked Week 9 in our poll than the Coaches.

Coyote Fan
October 30th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Why aren't the Coyotes the highest ranked 1 loss team. They just got done winning a game without their starting quarterback, 2 corners, middle linebacker and left tackle and won 42-0 against a low-midland MVFC team. I don't see many other teams being able to do that. Many in here alone predicted that USD wouldn't be much at all without Streveler. SIU had their own injuries but I think that USD proved a point that they aren't just going to hide in their den if Streveler goes down.

PantherRob82
October 30th, 2017, 06:26 PM
I’m more outraged by Grambling at 12 than NCAT at 7

FargoBison
October 30th, 2017, 06:28 PM

Both should be dropped about 10 spots.

ElCid
October 30th, 2017, 07:18 PM
They beat Lehigh, Lafayette, Towson and Maine, all pretty much horrid, not to mention one of their 4 losses is to Albany who is bad, so what exactly are you talking about now lol

I kind of got the impression you didn't have a clue. Thanks for confirming it. Massey currently has Maine at 24. They are a pretty good 4-3 team. So to get back to your original and obviously uninformed assertion, all of Villanovas wins are not horrid. Go back to your hole and leave big boy discussions to the big boys. Because you are clueless.

ElCid
October 30th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Maine which is 4-3 right now, has been Villanova most impressive win and they beat them decisively 31 - 0. There is no such thing as a "horrid win", but Villanova only has a total of 4 of them, and the other three teams they beat have losing records. I'm more concerned that Villanova is ranked Week 9 in our poll than the Coaches.

I agree. But I had to learn some fair weather Furman fan the big picture. He was whining about Nova getting too much love. What he was really doing, in a poor manner, was complaining his team was short changed. I love these folks who show up only when their team is doing well and they are experts all of a sudden. Too funny for words.

citdog
October 30th, 2017, 08:06 PM
I agree. But I had to learn some fair weather Furman fan the big picture. He was whining about Nova getting too much love. What he was really doing, in a poor manner, was complaining his team was short changed. I love these folks who show up only when their team is doing well and they are experts all of a sudden. Too funny for words.

Unlike us who have decades between SoCon Championships yet are here for the bad times as well as the GREAT times.

furman sucks

Redbird 4th & short
October 30th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Both should be dropped about 10 spots.
see your 10, raise you 10

FurmanWins!!
October 30th, 2017, 10:23 PM
I kind of got the impression you didn't have a clue. Thanks for confirming it. Massey currently has Maine at 24. They are a pretty good 4-3 team. So to get back to your original and obviously uninformed assertion, all of Villanovas wins are not horrid. Go back to your hole and leave big boy discussions to the big boys. Because you are clueless.

Maine is trash, here is who they have beaten, more trash lol
http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/311/maine-black-bears

FurmanWins!!
October 30th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Unlike us who have decades between SoCon Championships yet are here for the bad times as well as the GREAT times.

furman sucks

Spending all day posting on a message board to boost a post count for years and years is not what makes a fan, anyways carry on

FurmanWins!!
October 30th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Actually I must truly admit I was feeling some pity for Citadel, because I know without a doubt that with Mike Houston gone Citadel will return to the basement of the SoCon with VMI, but you guys really got me grinning to see the Dins put and old time whooping on them chucktown boys in two weeks, should be fun so cheers to that xthumbsupx

citdog
October 31st, 2017, 12:10 AM
Actually I must truly admit I was feeling some pity for Citadel, because I know without a doubt that with Mike Houston gone Citadel will return to the basement of the SoCon with VMI, but you guys really got me grinning to see the Dins put and old time whooping on them chucktown boys in two weeks, should be fun so cheers to that xthumbsupx

You mean that basement where you were while we won rings the last two years? You should probably win one before you begin to talk but then again you baptists like to totally immerse yourselves in your own bull****...

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2017, 05:08 AM
Why aren't the Coyotes the highest ranked 1 loss team. They just got done winning a game without their starting quarterback, 2 corners, middle linebacker and left tackle and won 42-0 against a low-midland MVFC team. I don't see many other teams being able to do that. Many in here alone predicted that USD wouldn't be much at all without Streveler. SIU had their own injuries but I think that USD proved a point that they aren't just going to hide in their den if Streveler goes down.

Eh, yes and no. I still have the yotes highly ranked because I don’t drop people until I actually see it affect them. However I wouldn’t crow about beating SIU too much though. Their offense was entirely based off of their two studs and both of them got hurt. I don’t think a banged up Streveler is a good recipe to have when your last run is against an angry and pretty darn good UNI defense, then a bruising NDSU defense, then finishing off with a rivalry game. That’s rough. He’s going to get banged in that stretch like he hasn’t all season. I’m not going to make a huge deal about the other injuries tbh cause every team is missing starters at this point. It’s going to be pretty damn interesting with the top four MVFC teams facing each other. The only team to not face all of the other top three in that stretch is USD, who still has a desperate UNI team to face. And as a Jacks fan, I’ve seen what they usually play like with their backs against the wall all to many times. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the yotes lose 2/3. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win 2/3. However, they cannot drop all three. That’s the definition of pulling a Youngstown and a recipe to get left out with 7 wins. Losing 4 out of 5 to end the season doesn’t help the case for playoffs. Though I would entirely enjoy the buzz for the last weekend if SDSU and the varmints both win out. That would mean it’s basically the conference championship game. Which would be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison56
October 31st, 2017, 10:19 AM

When Furman gets beat please stay around, you are a laugh a minute!

Serpentor
October 31st, 2017, 10:46 AM
Eh, yes and no. I still have the yotes highly ranked because I don’t drop people until I actually see it affect them. However I wouldn’t crow about beating SIU too much though. Their offense was entirely based off of their two studs and both of them got hurt. I don’t think a banged up Streveler is a good recipe to have when your last run is against an angry and pretty darn good UNI defense, then a bruising NDSU defense, then finishing off with a rivalry game. That’s rough. He’s going to get banged in that stretch like he hasn’t all season. I’m not going to make a huge deal about the other injuries tbh cause every team is missing starters at this point. It’s going to be pretty damn interesting with the top four MVFC teams facing each other. The only team to not face all of the other top three in that stretch is USD, who still has a desperate UNI team to face. And as a Jacks fan, I’ve seen what they usually play like with their backs against the wall all to many times. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the yotes lose 2/3. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win 2/3. However, they cannot drop all three. That’s the definition of pulling a Youngstown and a recipe to get left out with 7 wins. Losing 4 out of 5 to end the season doesn’t help the case for playoffs. Though I would entirely enjoy the buzz for the last weekend if SDSU and the varmints both win out. That would mean it’s basically the conference championship game. Which would be fun.

Sorry to interject, but I've literally never seen anyone use that term outside of a Yosemite Sam cartoon...

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2017, 12:03 PM
Sorry to interject, but I've literally never seen anyone use that term outside of a Yosemite Sam cartoon...

Oh, well in that case stay tuned xlolx

JayMYou
October 31st, 2017, 02:32 PM
These guys are extremely busy during the season, they barely have time to follow the teams they're playing against let alone teams they'll never play. Unfortunately they might see a score at the most and not know enough about how the game went or what the teams have really done in the past except for their record. So yeah, there's probably very little effort or due diligence put into their rankings so you just have to look at it for what it is- their "impression" of where each team ranks.

KPSUL
October 31st, 2017, 07:15 PM
Maine is trash, here is who they have beaten, more trash lol

Translation: "I didn't actually know anything about the teams Villanova had played when I said all their wins were horrid, so now I'm spinning more bull _ _ _ _ about Maine to cover that up".

ElCid
October 31st, 2017, 07:17 PM
Translation: "I didn't actually know anything about the teams Villanova had played when I said all their wins were horrid, so now I'm spinning more bull _ _ _ _ about Maine to cover that up".

Kind of glad he isn't a voter.

cx500d
October 31st, 2017, 07:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKe4zEhRxzU

TheKingpin28
October 31st, 2017, 08:53 PM
Kind of glad he isn't a voter.

Isn't this why we have stipulations for pole voters?

WileECoyote06
November 1st, 2017, 09:21 AM

While it's likely just name recognition, Grambling's OOC game against Northwestern St may be influencing the voters. Grambling never trailed NWSU; while Nicholls and Sam Houston State had trouble with them at home. Northwestern State led Sam Houston State 24-7 at one point.

So if Sam Houston is #5; I can see justification for Grambling being in the top 15. The SWAC still sucks though.

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2017, 09:47 AM
Isn't this why we have stipulations for pole voters?

pole vaulters?

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2017, 10:05 AM
While it's likely just name recognition, Grambling's OOC game against Northwestern St may be influencing the voters. Grambling never trailed NWSU; while Nicholls and Sam Houston State had trouble with them at home. Northwestern State led Sam Houston State 24-7 at one point.

So if Sam Houston is #5; I can see justification for Grambling being in the top 15. The SWAC still sucks though.

They do know Northwestern State ≠ Northwestern University....right?
I have so little faith in this poll that I wouldn't put that mistake past them.

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2017, 04:57 PM
pole vaulters?

I would fail horribly if I tried.

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 05:02 PM
I would fail horribly if I tried.

You must be used to handling poles by now...

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2017, 05:06 PM
You must be used to handling poles by now...

Just about as proficient at that as The Citadel is at beating Furman.

The offer still stands, unless you know they will lose to the Paladins.

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 09:26 PM
Just about as proficient at that as The Citadel is at beating Furman.

The offer still stands, unless you know they will lose to the Paladins.

So you've handled poles the last three years in a row then????????

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2017, 09:58 PM

I told you I never went pole vaulting as I know I would fail horribly at it. You keep trying to turn this into something it is not.

Also, do you care to comment on the 58-35-3 record or do you want to keep digging your own hole, which is starting to look more barren than Sherman's March to the Sea.

Just remember, you can try as hard you as you want, but The Citadel will lose to Furman. xnodx

JayMYou
November 1st, 2017, 10:10 PM

We all know what you like to do to a pole when you see it...

http://gph.is/1UBd0W7https://media.giphy.com/media/vWfc59uFoEZkk/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/vWfc59uFoEZkk/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/9rZ2CPvSRMUMM/giphy.gifhttp://media.giphy.com/media/vWfc59uFoEZkk/giphy.gifhttps://tribwpix.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/screen-shot-2014-02-13-at-7-11-00-pm.png