PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-28

JALMOND
October 25th, 2017, 10:32 PM
A string of consecutive 5-1 weeks has brought me up to a respectful 47-16 record for the year. Some good games on tap in the Big Sky this weekend so it makes it difficult to predict a perfect weekend. Here is my attempt at it, however.

CP at UCD---The Aggies have been just missing against the good teams, but have looked against the bad teams (well at least against Portland State). The Mustangs, well that is a different story...UCD 35, CP 7.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals are thinking this year may be a good year for them, but they need to get a win on the road against the Bobcats to make some noise. Bobcats are still clinging to hope...MSU 27, ISU 21.

UM at WSU---The Grizzlies have looked tough so far this season, but clearly move into the challenging part of the year. The Wildcats are looking slow with a quarterback who might not be 100%. Still...WSU 35, UM 28.

UND at PSU---Everyone seems to be picking on the Hawks these days as their encore season in the Big Sky comes to a close. But everyone seems to be laughing at the Vikings who still can't get out of their way...UND 32, PSU 30.

SAC at NAU---A strong test for the Hornets this week as they head out to altitude against the Lumberjacks, who are hoping their dream season continues with no threat of their usual swoon...NAU 34, SAC 28.

SUU at UNC---Two strong wins by the Thunderbirds have them back knocking for a playoff berth. They are hoping the Bears will just roll over and let them pass on by. But the Bears may have other plans...SUU 37, UNC 31.

grizband
October 25th, 2017, 10:49 PM
A string of consecutive 5-1 weeks has brought me up to a respectful 47-16 record for the year. Some good games on tap in the Big Sky this weekend so it makes it difficult to predict a perfect weekend. Here is my attempt at it, however.

CP at UCD---The Aggies have been just missing against the good teams, but have looked against the bad teams (well at least against Portland State). The Mustangs, well that is a different story...UCD 35, CP 7.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals are thinking this year may be a good year for them, but they need to get a win on the road against the Bobcats to make some noise. Bobcats are still clinging to hope...MSU 27, ISU 21.

UM at WSU---The Grizzlies have looked tough so far this season, but clearly move into the challenging part of the year. The Wildcats are looking slow with a quarterback who might not be 100%. Still...WSU 35, UM 28.

UND at PSU---Everyone seems to be picking on the Hawks these days as their encore season in the Big Sky comes to a close. But everyone seems to be laughing at the Vikings who still can't get out of their way...UND 32, PSU 30.

SAC at NAU---A strong test for the Hornets this week as they head out to altitude against the Lumberjacks, who are hoping their dream season continues with no threat of their usual swoon...NAU 34, SAC 28.

SUU at UNC---Two strong wins by the Thunderbirds have them back knocking for a playoff berth. They are hoping the Bears will just roll over and let them pass on by. But the Bears may have other plans...SUU 37, UNC 31.
Flip the Montana/Weber score, and I agree with your picks.

mvemjsunpx
October 25th, 2017, 11:08 PM
NoDak 32-35 Portland St. — I hope I'm wrong since I'm looking forward to next week's "Winless Bowl 2017" xthumbsupx

Cal Poly 21-38 Davis — The Aggies likely won't sweep & make the playoffs, but they will win here

Montana 28-34 Weber — I don't know if the Strong issue will make the difference, but this was a coin flip anyway

Sac State 24-35 NAU — This could've been real interesting in Sacto, but not in Flagstaff

Idaho St. 28-35 Montana St. — Whoever loses is eliminated, not that either is likely to see the postseason anyway

Suutah 31-17 NoCo — Could be a trap game, but probably not

bonarae
October 26th, 2017, 03:26 AM
UC Davis
North Dakota
Weber State
NAU
Montana State
Southern Utah

wapiti
October 26th, 2017, 09:24 AM
CP 24 at UCD 38---Being a rivalry game it is close through 3.5 quarters.

ISU 27 at MSU 38---If MSU does not turn the ball over MSU should win this.

UM 17 at WSU 32---This will be the grizzlies toughest FCS game this year. This should give us a better feel to how good or bad the griz are.

UND 24 at PSU 27---The home field advantage wins this game

SAC 27 at NAU 35---This should be an interesting game.

SUU 28 at UNC 24---SUU has been playing tough

jadmt
October 26th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Flip the Montana/Weber score, and I agree with your picks.
ditto other than most won't be as close in score as picked..

geaux_sioux
October 26th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Unless Portland St has completely given up they probably will win.

BadlandsGrizFan
October 26th, 2017, 01:30 PM
So far the Griz have scored 45, 56, 41, 45, 39, 41 in our games....Im thinking Weebz will have to put up at least 35 to beat us.

I say Griz 38-30

Catbooster
October 26th, 2017, 01:56 PM
So far the Griz have scored 45, 56, 41, 45, 39, 41 in our games....Im thinking Weebz will have to put up at least 35 to beat us.

I say Griz 38-30

So far Weber has allowed 0 (NAIA), 33 (FBS Cal), 24, 3, 17, 32 (SUU - bad day or not?) and 3. I'm thinking the Griz will have to put up at least 30 to beat Weber.

I say Weber wins, but it will be interesting to see what happens. At this point, I think the Griz are good but Weber's better. Same win/loss records but Weebs has played a stronger schedule.

nevadagriz
October 26th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Weber has a very stout defense but still have to play EWU,Montana and ISU which will be a challenge for any defense! Already gave up 32 to a good SUU

I Bleed Purple
October 26th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Weber has a very stout defense but still have to play EWU,Montana and ISU which will be a challenge for any defense! Already gave up 32 to a good SUU

Pick 6's count against the defense, then.

Interesting.

Roamingriz
October 27th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Cal Poly v UCD
UCD definitely has the offense but not too much defense normally, but that won't matter too much against this thin Poly squad. UCD in a rout. Poly 18 Aggies 42

ISU v MSU
This will be a good matchup. MSU had a tough time shutting down the NorCO Bears which makes me think ISU should also score, but MSU will play them tight no matter what the matchup anyhow and Ill take them at home this week. I'm guessing they are trending up and the Bengals down. ISU 26 MSU 27

UM v Weber
A tough matchup to predict and should be a good one. The first real test for the Griz O and it may well be for real. Meanwhile Weber doesn't act like the rest of the big sky this year and prefers to grind it out. If the game doesn't end up a lopsided win for the grizzlies i am guessing for a close loss. UM 23 WSU 27

UND v PSU
UND has shown life here and there and in spurts, PSU gets trucked on a weekly basis and I don't think that is going to chang this week. Looking for the beat up to beat down the hapless vikings. UND 34 PSU 21

SAC v NAU
A case of who has the D. I think both have a bit. But the more firepower Id give to NAU, but should be another good matchup and on that Sac needs to win to stay relevant. Sac 28 NAU 34

SUU v UNC
SUU is looking pretty good and the Bears look hungry after the close loss last week. However it shouldn't matter much the a team that looks better all around. Beware Tbirds though as NoCO is not a pushover this year. SUU 37 UNC 24

JALMOND
October 29th, 2017, 12:48 AM

Perfection, 6-0. Puts me at 53-16 overall. So glad I didn't take Portland State this weekend.