PDA

View Full Version : Top FCS Recruiting Classes

douglasdmb
February 8th, 2007, 12:51 PM
This should be fun...

Who had the most star-studded class in all of the FCS? I would like to see who signed players with FBS scholarship offers.

Go!

youwouldno
February 8th, 2007, 01:08 PM
No go. The reporting of offers is full of problems... Mizz St fans are going ga-ga because they got some guys rated high by rivals and scout.com. But the program last was in the playoffs in 1990... until the program climbs out of mediocrity there is no reason to think this year's class is really at the top of the FCS.

Pard4Life
February 8th, 2007, 01:13 PM
No go. The reporting of offers is full of problems... Mizz St fans are going ga-ga because they got some guys rated high by rivals and scout.com. But the program last was in the playoffs in 1990... until the program climbs out of mediocrity there is no reason to think this year's class is really at the top of the FCS.

Yeah I can see your arguement here, Rutgers had their recruting classes ranked in the 60s the past several seasons. Now this season they are ranked 23. True they got some higher rated players and are threfore dubbed best ever, you don't know how well they will preform. But, odds are given their previous caliber at the HS level, they will preform well.

douglasdmb
February 8th, 2007, 01:14 PM
until the program climbs out of mediocrity there is no reason to think this year's class is really at the top of the FCS.

This statement makes no sense whatsoever. What do our past years of mediocrity have to do with the quality of players we signed? If anything, Coach Allen signed a great class IN SPITE of our years of mediocrity.

youwouldno
February 8th, 2007, 01:23 PM
How do you know its a great class? You don't. Until Allen shows that the players he brings in perform well on the field, there is no reason to think his 2007 class is that special, though certainly it is large, which of course just has to do with available scholarships.

douglasdmb
February 8th, 2007, 01:34 PM
How do you know its a great class? You don't. Until Allen shows that the players he brings in perform well on the field, there is no reason to think his 2007 class is that special, though certainly it is large, which of course just has to do with available scholarships.

You're right, I don't know if it's a great class. It's all speculative fun. It's just not as fun to play "Who had the best recruiting class three years ago?". People rate recruiting classes at first glance all the time without knowing how they'll perform. What's wrong with that?

Hambone
February 8th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Is there anyone who ranks the classes of FCS schools only, similar to how they rank the BCS schools?

youwouldno
February 8th, 2007, 01:42 PM
You're right, I don't know if it's a great class. It's all speculative fun. It's just not as fun to play "Who had the best recruiting class three years ago?". People rate recruiting classes at first glance all the time without knowing how they'll perform. What's wrong with that?

Well there's nothing wrong with being excited about your own school's incoming class. My point is just that recruiting classes cannot be compared to one another. I guess you could do it 'for fun,' with the understanding that there is no implied accuracy in the rankings.

ncguitarplyr
February 8th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Is there anyone who ranks the classes of FCS schools only, similar to how they rank the BCS schools?

sportsnetwork did last year in a preseason article

GoldandBlack
February 8th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Based on our incoming recruiting class, it is my estimation, with good certainty, that we will play football in the Southern Conference next year.:D :rolleyes: :cool:

The Gadfly
February 8th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Based on our incoming recruiting class, it is my estimation, with good certainty, that we will play football in the Southern Conference next year.:D :rolleyes: :cool:

DAMN! Samford must of had a killer recruiting season or we must really suck :bawling: . :cool: