PDA

View Full Version : 2017-10/21 AGS GOTW Week 8

ursus arctos horribilis
October 16th, 2017, 01:10 PM
MTFan puttogether a good list to help me out this week. I couldn't leave any of these out really so we have 6 this week.

St. Francis @ Duquesne - potential NEC championship game

Samford @ Wofford - potential SoCon championship game as Wofford only has VMI, Chatty, and ETSU remaining after this

Jacksonville State @ Eastern Illinois - potential OVC championship game between last two unbeatens in conference play

Western Illinois @ North Dakota State - Two top ten teams playing again in the MVFC

Richmond @ Delaware - Two teams fighting for second place in the CAA and a potential at-large bid.

Eastern Washington @ Southern Utah - A win by either team puts them in control of their own destiny in earning at least a share of the conference title.

kdinva
October 16th, 2017, 01:41 PM
quite the list!!!!

BisonTru
October 16th, 2017, 01:44 PM
The NEC with the lead out of the gate.

I went with EWU @ SUU.

BisonFan02
October 16th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Gimme Rocco Bowl

ursus arctos horribilis
October 16th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Gimme Rocco Bowl

Leaning this way as well but EWU/SUU game has most of my attention currently.

BisonFan02
October 16th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Leaning this way as well but EWU/SUU game has most of my attention currently.

Oh look, a Big Sky homer.....just when I think you are a Bison fan....you go ahead and do that. Well......you be you. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
October 16th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Oh look, a Big Sky homer.....just when I think you are a Bison fan....you go ahead and do that. Well......you be you. :D

I certainly will.

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Richmond at Delaware

Winterborn
October 16th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Samford @ Wofford

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Good list.

Richmond @ Delaware

dewey
October 16th, 2017, 06:32 PM
I went with NDSU hosting Western Illinois.

Battle of two top ten teams.

Dewey

Terrier19
October 16th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Some real good games here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2017, 07:04 PM
I wanted to see the NEC get its due but not going to happen...lol. Both of those teams have the potential to upset someone come playoff time.

Iridebikes
October 16th, 2017, 07:39 PM
A good list of games this week. I'm primarily interested in EWU-SUU. The Eagles struggle in Cedar City. Or maybe more accurately, SUU plays well in Cedar City. Either way it could be a good game with two good teams.

Catbooster
October 16th, 2017, 09:59 PM
bump

ElCid
October 16th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Lots of great games this week. I am going to be a SOCON homer though. The Wofford/Samford game could be one for the ages. Pretty much the title on the line. Could be a 4 way tie for first if Wofford loses. Run against pass (predominantly since Wofford passed for more yards last week than they have in like, forever). Got to love it!

wcugrad95
October 17th, 2017, 07:00 AM
I voted Samford/Wofford, too. All the same reasons - conference championship implications, contrast in styles, and the last major hurdle for Wofford in conference. The Terriers will either go undefeated in FCS play, or will lose and have 3 teams trying desperately to finish as co-champs (or even tri-champs) in the league. Plus with Wofford, you expect a pretty close game. On the other side, Hodges is the best passer in the conference who will test the Wofford D.

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Normally I don't vote the homer pick for this sort of thing, but I think it's appropriate. If samford beats Wofford they keep their socon/autobid hopes alive. If Wofford wins, they have all the tie-breakers over every team that can actually win the Socon

Mayville Bison
October 17th, 2017, 09:33 AM
I was going to go with the SoCon matchup but ultimately decided on the Del/Rich game. Richmond needs the game with the brutal schedule they have the rest of the way. Delaware has a chance to make a statement and put themselves in the top 3 in the CAA with a win.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2017, 12:15 PM
That is a close race. I finally wnet with samford/Wofford even thogh I thought it was between two other games. All of these games have large implications but the Samfor/Wofford game has the biggest implications at this time I think.

Daytripper
October 17th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Rocco Rolla... v. Richmond

RootinFerDukes
October 17th, 2017, 03:04 PM
I voted WIU/NDSU but the Rocco Bowl is interesting. It's a "win or go home" type of game in terms of a likely playoff berth for both squads. The winner is at worst tied for 4th place in the CAA and the loser is firmly in the middle of the pack moving forward.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Seems like a week of pretty good games with no amazing stand out game. Should be relatively close voting.

cx500d
October 17th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Rocco Rolla... v. Richmond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRTymVjdLNQ

grizband
October 17th, 2017, 11:13 PM
Decided on EWU vs Southern Utah, based on Big Sky autobid and at large implications. Also, because homer reasons.

semobison
October 18th, 2017, 10:16 AM
I picked WIU-NDSU but Youngstown-UNI may be the most significant game in the Valley this week. The loser will have little room for error the rest of the season if they want to make the playoffs.

POD Knows
October 18th, 2017, 11:45 AM
WIU at NDSU

BisonTru
October 18th, 2017, 02:12 PM
bump

https://i.imgur.com/R0NS4o8.jpg

ST_Lawson
October 18th, 2017, 03:46 PM
bump

https://i.imgur.com/R0NS4o8.jpg

Ha, I just saw that. That's probably what our local coyotes and friendly neighborhood cougar think when they see me out running. Either that or...mmmm...fast food.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2017, 08:36 PM
I wanted to see the NEC get its due but not going to happen...lol. Both of those teams have the potential to upset someone come playoff time.

A game that includes a team that got absolutely nuked by a SDSU team isn’t GOTW worthy and that conference isn’t “due” anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
October 18th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Ha, I just saw that. That's probably what our local coyotes and friendly neighborhood cougar think when they see me out running. Either that or...mmmm...fast food.

Thats not what my friendly neighborhood "cougar" thinks when she sees me

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Bump for froback Friday.

Former Mississippi Valley State great; the HOFer Deacon Jones:

https://nflfilms.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/deacon1.jpg

BisonTru
October 20th, 2017, 12:57 PM
If this isn't on every UNI fans wall it should be.

https://i.redd.it/ih3yjkd9wzsz.jpg