PDA

View Full Version : NC A&T Football: Chasing Excellence | Stats

WestCoastAggie
October 11th, 2017, 03:33 PM
(STATS) - Whenever North Carolina A&T loses a game, coach Rod Broadway basically finds only one way for it to be acceptable - that the other team earns the win as opposed to the Aggies beating themselves.
To prevent that from happening, Broadway and his coaching staff stress to their team about stopping an opponent's run game and with having an advantage in turnovers.
Considering how well the Aggies are achieving those goals this season, it's not surprising the No. 15-ranked team has the best record in the FCS at 6-0 (none of the other six unbeatens have played as many games). They're also tied atop the MEAC standings with rival North Carolina Central, with both winning their first three conference games.
"We want to be excellent every play," Broadway said. "I'm not talking about wins and losses, I'm just talking about how you play this game and how you go about trying to achieve greatness. I think you achieve greatness by chasing greatness, I think you achieve excellence by chasing excellence.
"We need to chase it and, hopefully, that will bring out something from within which makes us play better."

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20171011150617583637104&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

Daytripper
October 11th, 2017, 07:38 PM
You guys have a good thing going. Curious how long you will be able to keep Broadway.

citdog
October 11th, 2017, 08:00 PM
One doesn't "achieve greatness" by playing in a terrible conference and ducking the rest of the subdivision for a minor payday...

WestCoastAggie
October 11th, 2017, 08:22 PM
One doesn't "achieve greatness" by playing in a terrible conference and ducking the rest of the subdivision for a minor payday...
Thank you for your opinion.

citdog
October 11th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Thank you for your opinion.

It's a pretty universally held one ALL OVER FCS Football...

dewey
October 11th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Sounds like a winning recipe by coach Broadway. As for the playoffs/celebration bowl you need to do what is best for your university and conference.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

Dewey

ASU33
October 11th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Beware of FAMU for their homecoming this weekend. Sell out crowd and its going to be bananas in Tallahassee this weekend.

WestCoastAggie
October 11th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Beware of FAMU for their homecoming this weekend. Sell out crowd and its going to be bananas in Tallahassee this weekend.

They already know. Those Rattlers will throw the kitchen sink and try to get the band to fight the football team.

Panther88
October 12th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Big fan of coach Broadway, WestCoast. Also, absolutely LOVE that pre-game that NCA&T does for its home games. Remarkable and trendsetting paying that great homage.

The 2nd great migration kicked off in the 1980s. Let us continue to fuel it and make it come to full fruition. :D

Professor
October 12th, 2017, 11:09 AM
You guys have a good thing going. Curious how long you will be able to keep Broadway.

I think we are nearing the end , he's 62. I think maybe 4 more if not 5. My fear is that we lose some staff, we have some good coordinators and at some point someone will come get them.

ASU33
October 12th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Gotta get past Central. I'll be up there for that game.

JSUSoutherner
October 12th, 2017, 05:46 PM

Yes, they achieve it by losing to everyone a good conference. xcoffeex

dgtw
October 12th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Big fan of coach Broadway, WestCoast. Also, absolutely LOVE that pre-game that NCA&T does for its home games. Remarkable and trendsetting paying that great homage.

The 2nd great migration kicked off in the 1980s. Let us continue to fuel it and make it come to full fruition. :D

What is their pre-game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 12th, 2017, 08:37 PM

They are the tallest Munchkin.

WestCoastAggie
October 13th, 2017, 06:29 AM
What is their pre-game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/greensboro.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/31/33158395-706d-53fe-a2b6-5a5db36bd034/59d9275dc9020.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C831

A&T's statue ceremony becomes tradition for football teamBy Jeff Mills [email protected] (https://www.greensboro.com/users/profile/Jeff%20Mills)Oct 6, 2017
GREENSBORO — It’s peaceful in the grove, the ring of tall, old trees muffling the sounds of traffic along Dudley Street.
It’s a quiet place in front of N.C. A&T’s stately Dudley Building, where wide stone steps lead to doors beyond six towering pillars.
Out front stands a statue. Four proud figures in overcoats, cast in bronze, in lockstep forever.
Every week during the football season, A&T’s team gathers here. There’s a short ceremony, a few moments of hushed reflection before the sound and fury of the game they play.
“It gets you in the mindset of game day,” wide receiver Malik Wilson says. “I’m ready to play. I’m focused. I think, ‘They did something bigger than themselves,’ and that puts me in the mindset to do something bigger than myself.”
It’s become a tradition, a gathering Rod Broadway started in 2012, his second season as the Aggies head coach.

http://www.greensboro.com/sports/college/a-t-s-statue-ceremony-becomes-tradition-for-football-team/article_cc861cb2-88e7-50cd-977c-df6e4d38569b.html

ASU33
October 14th, 2017, 09:49 AM
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/greensboro.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/31/33158395-706d-53fe-a2b6-5a5db36bd034/59d9275dc9020.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C831

http://www.greensboro.com/sports/college/a-t-s-statue-ceremony-becomes-tradition-for-football-team/article_cc861cb2-88e7-50cd-977c-df6e4d38569b.html

Nice!