PDA

View Full Version : NoBowls Brackets

ST_Lawson
October 8th, 2017, 05:37 PM
NoBowls just released their first projected bracket: http://www.nobowls.com/

http://www.nobowls.com/images/week06.png

JSUSoutherner
October 8th, 2017, 05:40 PM
I would piss myself if WCU actually made it to Jacksonville.

We would sell that game out with 6-7,000 people just there for halftime.

WestCoastAggie
October 8th, 2017, 05:41 PM
It's hard to fathom that half of the seeds will go to one conference. The CAA and MVFC will have a more even split of seeds, IMHO. And dare I say the Big Sky Champion gets a seed too.

Daytripper
October 8th, 2017, 05:44 PM
As of now, South Dakota should be the #1 seed.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2017, 05:46 PM
As of now, South Dakota should be the #1 seed.

xlolx

JMU is #1 until they lose.

Daytripper
October 8th, 2017, 05:50 PM
xlolx

Slot voter..

centennial
October 8th, 2017, 05:51 PM
xlolx

I don't believe this. Neither did I when NDSU was winning 5 in a row. JMU looks top 5, other than that I have nothing to say about them this season. They looked better last season IMO.

dbackjon
October 8th, 2017, 05:53 PM
I don't see NAU hosting Weber

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Slot voter..

Oh you got it...xrolleyesx

FBS win, which is better than USD's, and 5 D1 wins. Yes, they are #1 right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe this. Neither did I when NDSU was winning 5 in a row. JMU looks top 5, other than that I have nothing to say about them this season. They looked better last season IMO.

Agree to disagree.

Daytripper
October 8th, 2017, 05:55 PM

Exactly. Who has the most quality wins this season?...South Dakota.

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2017, 05:58 PM
A few notes

-WIU as a #6 seed? WTF?
-SDSU as a #8 seed over YSU? Ok...
-EIU over Samford?

Also, the bottom half of the bracket is murders row.

centennial
October 8th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Exactly. Who has the most quality wins this season?...South Dakota.
Honestly, if NDSU hadn't looked great blowing teams out, and not scoring in the last half I would go South Dakota over JMU. JMU is undoubtedly a very good team, but nothing tells me they are #1. So I am hoping they can take on WIU, or SD, or YSU, or SDSU in the playoffs. I just want to see them playing a good MVFC team.

Schism55
October 8th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Campbell???!!!??

RootinFerDukes
October 8th, 2017, 06:10 PM
It's hard to fathom that half of the seeds will go to one conference. The CAA and MVFC will have a more even split of seeds, IMHO. And dare I say the Big Sky Champion gets a seed too.

These are done with a “if the season ended today” mindset.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2017, 06:10 PM
The Patriot League will be sending a rep to the playoffs...lol. I feel like this could be Bucknell's year to make it...

BisonTru
October 8th, 2017, 06:13 PM
A few notes

-WIU as a #6 seed? WTF?
-SDSU as a #8 seed over YSU? Ok...
-EIU over Samford?

Also, the bottom half of the bracket is murders row.

He has some odd autobids including EIU but JSU still is a 4 seed??

Elon wins the CAA auto but JMU is still the 1 seed?

And Campbell winning the pioneer??

I think this cat does a good job with his bracket but this week he may gotten a little heavy into the sauce. 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
October 8th, 2017, 06:19 PM
I would love for UNH to play in Macomb.

WestCoastAggie
October 8th, 2017, 06:23 PM

Right. I just don't see the committee giving the 4th best MVFC a seed over Eastern Washington if the season ended today, or any point over an Eastern Washington team.

Daytripper
October 8th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Right. I just don't see the committee giving the 4th best MVFC a seed over Eastern Washington if the season ended today, or any point over an Eastern Washington team.

EWU is the 6th best team in the MVFC, at best....

centennial
October 8th, 2017, 06:37 PM
EWU is the 6th best team in the MVFC, at best....
Lol. Not sure if joking or not. More like 5th. Illinois State is bad.

Cocky1
October 8th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Brackets this early are really pointless, but entertaining nonetheless.
As for my JSU Gamecocks, it's way too early to take anything for granted.
I would be willing to bet that the MVC and CAA would get at least 3 teams each into the playoffs.
No smack here.

cx500d
October 8th, 2017, 07:27 PM

All the MVFC teams are gonna beat each other up...Well all be 7-4 before its over

ST_Lawson
October 8th, 2017, 07:36 PM
I would love for UNH to play in Macomb.

I would love for anyone to play in Macomb. Haven't had a home playoff game since 2002. Granted, we've only played 6 playoff games since then, but still.

Then again...we are 4-0 on the road and 0-1 at home...maybe I do want us to go play somewhere else.

DirtyDukes
October 8th, 2017, 08:04 PM

The most important post in the thread that everyone is missing

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2017, 08:06 PM
We are entering the part of the schedule where if NDSU continues to win, they are going to pass JMU for the #1 seed.

jmu007
October 8th, 2017, 08:13 PM
Why? JMU is about to play ranked opponents 4 of the next 6 weeks. SoS is a wash between these two teams if both continue to win.

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Why? JMU is about to play ranked opponents 4 of the next 6 weeks. SoS is a wash between these two teams if both continue to win.

You want to check that again?

Here is NDSU's schedule

At YSU: Top 5
Vs WIU: Top 15
Vs UNI: Borderline Top 25
At SDSU: Top 10
Vs USeD: Top 5
At ISUr: Top 25

Here is the JMU schedule

Vs Nova: Top 20
At W & M: Unranked
Vs UNH: Top 25
At URI: LOL
Vs UR: Top 20
At Elon: Top 10

You are going to tell me if NDSU goes undefeated and JMU goes undefeated, NDSU won't be #1? That would be a travesty to leave them at #2.

RootinFerDukes
October 8th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Kingpin,

That guesstimation of where teams may or may not land is so full of bias it's not even funny. "Let me overestimate the MVFC teams and underestimate the CAA teams to fit my narrative".

TheRevSFA
October 8th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Kingpin,

That guesstimation of where teams may or may not land is so full of bias it's not even funny. "Let me overestimate the MVFC teams and underestimate the CAA teams to fit my narrative".

Or you're overestimating the CAA teams.

See, works both ways

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2017, 08:26 PM

Current schedules....prior week's AGS rank attached

NDSU:

@Youngstown State - #3
Western Illinois - #12
UNI - #26
@SDSU - #9
USD - #5
@ISUr - #8

JMU:

Villanova - #14
@W&M - N/A
UNH - #16
@Rhode Island - N/A
Richmond - #19
@Elon - #15

That's why........NDSU has had ONE team make it through the Valley unscathed....that was the 2013 team.

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Kingpin,

TheRev beat me to it, but really?

jmu007
October 8th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Yes, that's exactly what i'm telling you. If both teams win out, JMU stays at #1. Not that it really makes any difference, but that is how it will get seeded.

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Yes, that's exactly what i'm telling you. If both teams win out, JMU stays at #1. Not that it really makes any difference, but that is how it will get seeded.

Do you still not get it? 2 unranked teams for JMU and ALL ranked teams for NDSU? The SOS will not even be close. If both teams are undefeated and NDSU is not number 1, the polls are flawed and any-non completely biased fan would agree with that.

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2017, 08:31 PM

It won't happen, but care to make a wager?

jmu007
October 8th, 2017, 08:33 PM
And JMU already has a FBS win and a win over what will be ranked this week most likely Delaware. So what is your point. As I said, wash.

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2017, 08:35 PM
And JMU already has a FBS win and a win over what will be ranked this week most likely Delaware. So what is your point. As I said, wash.

Grats bro....where would they finish in the Valley? ****....where would they even finish in the lesser CAA?

jmu007
October 8th, 2017, 08:35 PM
It won't happen, but care to make a wager?

No way haha. I have enough heartburn rooting for all the DC sports team. I keep JMU on the up and up and enjoy the ride.

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2017, 08:36 PM
No way haha. I have enough heartburn rooting for all the DC sports team. I keep JMU on the up and up and enjoy the ride.

Oh, come on. I'm not talking cash. I would be shocked if both teams ran the table anyway.

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2017, 08:52 PM

Oooh and FBS win! Your FBS win was weaker than EWU! There is no reason to believe ECU would not finish in the bottom 1/3 of the Valley and bottom 1/2 of the CAA.

121 Eastern Washington

137 East Carolina

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Notice something about this? I will give you a clue, your schedule is weaker than NDSUs and you need to stop being a homer when it comes to the facts.

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Oh, come on. I'm not talking cash. I would be shocked if both teams ran the table anyway.

He won't do it since he knows that if both teams run the table, NDSU would be #1. There is not a sane voter alive who would not vote NDSU #1 over JMU.

cx500d
October 8th, 2017, 08:57 PM
We are entering the part of the schedule where if NDSU continues to win, they are going to pass JMU for the #1 seed.

I disagree. If JMU wins out they remain IMO

JSUSoutherner
October 8th, 2017, 09:01 PM
He has some odd autobids including EIU but JSU still is a 4 seed??

Elon wins the CAA auto but JMU is still the 1 seed?

And Campbell winning the pioneer??

I think this cat does a good job with his bracket but this week he may gotten a little heavy into the sauce. 

Maybe it's a typo? You'd have to be REALLLY stupid to have EIU as an autobid with JSU as a four seed.

woffordgrad94
October 9th, 2017, 01:42 AM
Campbell? They lost to PC! I know the Pioneer gets an autobid now, but they shouldn’t because none of those teams belong anywhere near the playoffs. Elon would basically be getting a bye here before they faced Wofford.

Longhorn
October 9th, 2017, 05:48 AM
You want to check that again?

Here is NDSU's schedule

At YSU: Top 5
Vs WIU: Top 15
Vs UNI: Borderline Top 25
At SDSU: Top 10
Vs USeD: Top 5
At ISUr: Top 25

Here is the JMU schedule

Vs Nova: Top 20
At W & M: Unranked
Vs UNH: Top 25
At URI: LOL
Vs UR: Top 20
At Elon: Top 10

You are going to tell me if NDSU goes undefeated and JMU goes undefeated, NDSU won't be #1? That would be a travesty to leave them at #2.

Spoken like a true homer.

If both JMU and NDSU win out JMU will remain the #1 seed, and the teams can meet in Frisco.

Longhorn
October 9th, 2017, 05:50 AM
Grats bro....where would they finish in the Valley? ****....where would they even finish in the lesser CAA?

Probably as NC. Same as last year.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2017, 06:33 AM
Spoken like a true homer.

If both JMU and NDSU win out JMU will remain the #1 seed, and the teams can meet in Frisco.

Are you honestly that ignorant that you cannot see the difference in the two resumes? You play URI and W & M. NDSU's "weak" game over their next 6 is against UNI, a borderline top 25 team.

RootinFerDukes
October 9th, 2017, 06:38 AM
One thing many on here are not realizing while they choose to pick apart a WEEK SIX (remember that part) bracket is that there are two rules in play.
1) this is with a “if the season ended today” perspective. He’s not hypothesizing who may or may not beat who when and where and by how much. There’s no future whatsoever in this.
2) he’s looking at the CURRENT standings of each conference and picking the CURRENT #1 team in those standings as the auto bids. Elon is the only 3-0 in the caa team so far. That’s why they are the auto bid.
3) calm the hell down. It’s a week six bracket. He didn’t say your bison are losing in the 2nd round to Robert Morris.

Smitty
October 9th, 2017, 07:24 AM

To be honest, I have no clue what the band would do for the playoffs. Considering we haven't been since 1983...

DirtyDukes
October 9th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Maybe it's a typo? You'd have to be REALLLY stupid to have EIU as an autobid with JSU as a four seed.

Again, read the site. It's a "if the season ended today" prediction.

Are you honestly that ignorant that you cannot see the difference in the two resumes? You play URI and W & M. NDSU's "weak" game over their next 6 is against UNI, a borderline top 25 team.

MSVU would get trounced by Norfolk State.
I'll give you EWU probably beats ECU, but regardless it's still an FBS win whether you like it or not. We get more credit.
ETSU would destroy robert morris
Maine would beat Missouri State
Delaware would shutout Indiana State as well.

Our SOS is stronger than yours so far in the season. I'd agree yours is SLIGHTLY better the rest of the way. It's not so much better you'd deserve to jump us, though.

RabidRabbit
October 9th, 2017, 08:53 AM
I don't see NAU hosting Weber
If haven't played during season, very possible.

POD Knows
October 9th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Yes, that's exactly what i'm telling you. If both teams win out, JMU stays at #1. Not that it really makes any difference, but that is how it will get seeded.Nope, if they are both undefeated, I go to SOS to hash it out. Don't know what that is yet at this point and I doubt that both teams do undefeated.

dbackjon
October 9th, 2017, 08:58 AM
If haven't played during season, very possible.

Oh the game could definitely happened I just don't see how the committee would make NAU the host

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2017, 09:00 AM
I think it's silly to claim that there would be a clear #1 seed if both NDSU (or USD for that matter) and JMU win out. There's going to be a whole lot of variables defined by then we don't know yet. How impressive did each look against top competition? Were there key injuries down the stretch? Are they playing better or worse in November as compared to the rest of the season? Hell, there's still a whole lot of unknowns left about their opponents. With 5 or 6 games left for everyone a top 10 win right now could end up being a win against an unranked team come Selection Sunday.

However, to think that there won't be a debate if JMU goes undefeated along with either NDSU or USD is pretty shortsighted IMO.

dewey
October 9th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Oh the game could definitely happened I just don't see how the committee would make NAU the host

Since neither team would be seeded it would come down to who gave the NCAA the most money....err made the highest bid.

I don't know who would in that situation.

Dewey

RabidRabbit
October 9th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Oh the game could definitely happened I just don't see how the committee would make NAU the host better bid than bbq?

JSUSoutherner
October 9th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Nope, if they are both undefeated, I go to SOS to hash it out. Don't know what that is yet at this point and I doubt that both teams do undefeated.

I don't think either will be undefeated at the end of the season TBH.

Bisonator
October 9th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Arguing over the 1 and 2 seed.........xcoffeex

dewey
October 9th, 2017, 09:31 AM

Yep. It doesn't matter as both teams have home field advantage.

Dewey

Terrier19
October 9th, 2017, 09:31 AM

Winterborn
October 9th, 2017, 09:37 AM

Could be worse, as in the SHSU vs. Whoever arguments. :D

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2017, 09:43 AM
If Jacksonville St is the #3 seed again sign me up as a #2 seed supporter. xthumbsupx

dewey
October 9th, 2017, 09:46 AM
If Jacksonville St is the #3 seed again sign me up as a #2 seed supporter. xthumbsupxHell yeah!

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171009/f6d7201e73d57d5d0b24fd6dcc5bee43.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Evolution Prime
October 9th, 2017, 10:02 AM

This would be more believable if they had SDSU at the #7 seed to feed them into NDSU because that is the only place we can play if we advance.

RootinFerDukes
October 9th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Yep. It doesn't matter as both teams have home field advantage.

Dewey

The 1 seed tends to draw what is supposed to be the easier lineup of teams in their half of the bracket.

JSUSoutherner
October 9th, 2017, 10:07 AM
If Jacksonville St is the #3 seed again sign me up as a #2 seed supporter. xthumbsupx
**** that.

dewey
October 9th, 2017, 10:10 AM
The 1 seed tends to draw what is supposed to be the easier lineup of teams in their half of the bracket.Yes techinically that is true but with a National tournament in the FCS that is not always true.

Case in point #4 JMU and #3 JSU last year.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bisonator
October 9th, 2017, 10:22 AM
The 1 seed tends to draw what is supposed to be the easier lineup of teams in their half of the bracket.
Yeah if there was no regionalization.....;)

Bison56
October 9th, 2017, 10:23 AM

xnodx

RootinFerDukes
October 9th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Yeah if there was no regionalization.....;)

You all missed my "what is supposed to be" part of the sentence. ;)

dewey
October 9th, 2017, 01:14 PM
You all missed my "what is supposed to be" part of the sentence. ;)

Dang it your right. I read it and it didn't sink inxdrunkyx

Dewey

Redbird 4th & short
October 9th, 2017, 08:19 PM
agreed .. JMU lost a lot from their offense and seem to be coming back to down to earth .. still very good but not off the charts like last year. Was very surprised to see Schor throw just 19 passes to 54 run plays in a 20-10 win over Delaware .. finished 10 of 19 for 94 yards 0 TDs and 1 pick. Saw there were 14 mph winds, but that is pretty normal weather in midwest. Curious if he is injured .. if not, have to question coaches confidence in his arm strength.

Was he injured or was the wind worse than reported 14 mph ??

p.s. EIU is in Nobowls playoff ???

RootinFerDukes
October 9th, 2017, 08:39 PM
The JMU UD game had wind gusts in the 20 or 30 mph range. Fans there reported it as extremely windy throughout. Our passing game and play calling was affected significantly by the conditions.

semobison
October 9th, 2017, 08:43 PM
The JMU UD game had wind gusts in the 20 or 30 mph range. Fans there reported it as extremely windy throughout. Our passing game and play calling was affected significantly by the conditions.

And, from what I have read, Delaware has a great defense.

centennial
October 9th, 2017, 09:12 PM
**** that.

I don't think JSU will reach the final boss if the MVFC spread turns out to be even. SD, WIU, SDSU, YSU are all going to very hard for JSU to beat.

RootinFerDukes
October 9th, 2017, 09:54 PM
And, from what I have read, Delaware has a great defense.

Yeah they held their own a bit.

Longhorn
October 9th, 2017, 09:59 PM

Appears to me you're the blind one here.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Appears to me you're the blind one here.

Now you're just fishing.

You are honestly going to deny facts? Wow you are as delusional as Longhorn fans alike.

URI! You play ****ing URI! How can sit there and believe your SOS or team should be #1 if both teams go undefeated. I showed your schedule up to this point and your SOS perils in comparison. Charlotte is the best team on your schedule and they are almost 200/254 on Sagarin. GTFO with your bull ****.

Longhorn
October 9th, 2017, 10:27 PM
agreed .. JMU lost a lot from their offense and seem to be coming back to down to earth .. still very good but not off the charts like last year. Was very surprised to see Schor throw just 19 passes to 54 run plays in a 20-10 win over Delaware .. finished 10 of 19 for 94 yards 0 TDs and 1 pick. Saw there were 14 mph winds, but that is pretty normal weather in midwest. Curious if he is injured .. if not, have to question coaches confidence in his arm strength.

Was he injured or was the wind worse than reported 14 mph ??

p.s. EIU is in Nobowls playoff ???

xrolleyesx Trying to create your own narrative?

Schor isn't injured, and yes the wind was more than twice the 14 mph you've cited at UD. As for Schor's arm strength, or JMU coach's confidence in it, you're free to question anything you want, but there's no lack of confidence at JMU that Schor can make all the throws necessary to win. If you watched the UD/JMU game you'd know there were two long passes perfectly thrown by Schor that were dropped for sure TDs. And that's been the biggest issue for JMU this season, consistency in the receiving corp. Between suspensions, injuries or sickness, JMU hasn't had a full compliment of the team's projected starting receivers all season, and that inconsistency has hurt. Still, the JMU offense rolls on, and statistically the offense has posted numbers just about identical to last year.

Longhorn
October 9th, 2017, 10:37 PM
Now you're just fishing.

You are honestly going to deny facts? Wow you are as delusional as Longhorn fans alike.

URI! You play ****ing URI! How can sit there and believe your SOS or team should be #1 if both teams go undefeated. I showed your schedule up to this point and your SOS perils in comparison. Charlotte is the best team on your schedule and they are almost 200/254 on Sagarin. GTFO with your bull ****.

Mad much? SOS doesn't win championships. Oh, and I'd adjust your reading glasses if you think JMU plays Charlotte. JMU will play four ranked teams in the coming weeks (Richmond, Elon, New Hampshire and this week, Villanova), and should JMU win out, that will mean JMU is on a 23 game winning streak when the post-season starts. That record, and as defending NC, will mean JMU will have deservedly earned the #1 seed.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Mad much? SOS doesn't win championships. Oh, and I'd adjust your reading glasses if you think JMU plays Charlotte. JMU will play four ranked teams in the coming weeks (Richmond, Elon, New Hampshire and this week, Villanova), and should JMU win out, that will mean JMU is on a 23 game winning streak when the post-season starts. That record, and as defending NC, will mean JMU will have deservedly earned the #1 seed.

My bad, ECU who is worse than The Citadel, Montana State, Northern Iowa (who plays NDSU as an unranked opponent), Furman (and Furman sucks, or so I have been told), etc...

Oh 4 ranked teams! Good for you. NDSU plays the #3, 7, 8, 10 and 16 over their next 5 out of 6. You play 4 ranked teams, NDSU plays 4 Top 10 teams. You are losing this argument quickly. Last year means jack **** when it comes to this year. Might want to stop while your ahead since anyone with any head on their shoulders will be the first to admit an 11-0 NDSU team is more ferocious and better than an 11-0 JMU team. Only team who might have a better resume if they go 11-0 is USeD and in that case, they would be #1 and if NDSU lost to them but kept it close, no reason to believe that they would not be #2/3 if that was their only loss.

Longhorn
October 9th, 2017, 11:01 PM
My bad, ECU who is worse than The Citadel, Montana State, Northern Iowa (who plays NDSU as an unranked opponent), Furman (and Furman sucks, or so I have been told), etc...

Oh 4 ranked teams! Good for you. NDSU plays the #3, 7, 8, 10 and 16 over their next 5 out of 6. You play 4 ranked teams, NDSU plays 4 Top 10 teams. You are losing this argument quickly. Last year means jack **** when it comes to this year. Might want to stop while your ahead since anyone with any head on their shoulders will be the first to admit an 11-0 NDSU team is more ferocious and better than an 11-0 JMU team. Only team who might have a better resume if they go 11-0 is USeD and in that case, they would be #1 and if NDSU lost to them but kept it close, no reason to believe that they would not be #2/3 if that was their only loss.

"More ferocious" is it? xlolx You're either drunk (and it's time to put the bottle away and sleep it off), or you're channeling the Black Knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail. Then again, should NDSU lose to YSU this weekend, and later to SDSU and/or SD, that means NDSU may well be placed on JMU's side of the playoff bracket and will have to play JMU in Harrisonburg. That's what every JMU fan wants to see (again), a NDSU defeat, but this time in our stadium.

Cocky1
October 9th, 2017, 11:38 PM
Geez, Man. Get a grip. What freakin difference does it really make if your team is a #1 or #2 seed? You would play at home and need a win to advance regardless of a numerical seed. Just saying, the game still needs to be played. It's not like someone is trying to determine a national champion with a vote.
Do you still not get it? 2 unranked teams for JMU and ALL ranked teams for NDSU? The SOS will not even be close. If both teams are undefeated and NDSU is not number 1, the polls are flawed and any-non completely biased fan would agree with that.

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2017, 03:24 AM
Geez, Man. Get a grip. What freakin difference does it really make if your team is a #1 or #2 seed? You would play at home and need a win to advance regardless of a numerical seed. Just saying, the game still needs to be played. It's not like someone is trying to determine a national champion with a vote.

He’s a homerific bison fan, why does this surprise you?

ming01
October 10th, 2017, 04:48 AM
Bracketology should be based on how the season ends IMO

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2017, 06:19 AM
Bracketology should be based on how the season ends IMO

How are we supposed to know how the season ends in week 6? That’s some magical power.

TheKingpin28
October 10th, 2017, 06:44 AM

I just like to piss off the SHSUs and JMUs of the world who catch lightning in a bottle and cannot handle the slightest adversity when it comes to statistical analysis that does not make their team the greatest show on turf.

He’s a homerific bison fan, why does this surprise you?

Emotional Fair Weather fan mind you. I am less of a homer than you are about SDSU. I have been called a non-Bison fan before since I do not drink the kool aid.

TheKingpin28
October 10th, 2017, 06:45 AM
"More ferocious" is it? xlolx You're either drunk (and it's time to put the bottle away and sleep it off), or you're channeling the Black Knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail. Then again, should NDSU lose to YSU this weekend, and later to SDSU and/or SD, that means NDSU may well be placed on JMU's side of the playoff bracket and will have to play JMU in Harrisonburg. That's what every JMU fan wants to see (again), a NDSU defeat, but this time in our stadium.

Every fan in FCS would just like to see the bandwagon "JMU" fans like the bandwagon "SHSU" fans disappear. It has happened to SHSU X2, Towson, ISUr, and JSU and just give it time, but your "fanbase" will run off this board once they lose in the playoffs again this year.

jmu007
October 10th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Good luck with that. I think you'll be disappointed when you realize most of the JMU fans that actually venture over the AGS have been around since long before NDSU was a thought around here.

BisonFan02
October 10th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Good luck with that. I think you'll be disappointed when you realize most of the JMU fans that actually venture over the AGS have been around since long before NDSU was a thought around here.

2007 and 141 posts? Registering and existing on the member list isn't "been around". That being said, no fan base is immune from the wagon filling and emptying. Give the member list a gander sometime. It is a hoot.

DirtyDukes
October 10th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Bison fans looking real bad in this thread. Come on guys, you're better than this.

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Bison fans looking real bad in this thread. Come on guys, you're better than this.
Nah, really only one. I've said for a while that if both JMU and NDSU went undefeated there would be a debate over who deserved the #1 seed but it's impossible to know all the other variables in that debate right now so it's kind of silly to try. You can add USD into that debate as well if they run the table (which would include a road win at NDSU).

Right now JMU is the #1 team in the FCS in my estimation but I won't make any guarantees that they stay there for me even if they do keep winning.

DirtyDukes
October 10th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Nah, really only one. I've said for a while that if both JMU and NDSU went undefeated there would be a debate over who deserved the #1 seed but it's impossible to know all the other variables in that debate right now so it's kind of silly to try. You can add USD into that debate as well if they run the table (which would include a road win at NDSU).

Right now JMU is the #1 team in the FCS in my estimation but I won't make any guarantees that they stay there for me even if they do keep winning.

Totally reasonable. But someone arguing about how we play URI (a team that took a 3-3 CMU team to 3OTs) as if they didn't play MVSU and Robert Morris and no fBS is silly.

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Totally reasonable. But someone arguing about how we play URI (a team that took a 3-3 CMU team to 3OTs) as if they didn't play MVSU and Robert Morris and no fBS is silly.
Yeah, looking at what end of season SOS will look like is kind of silly also since we still have half a season to play. NDSU's win at Eastern Washington could end up being their most impressive win. Likewise JMU's win at East Carolina could end up looking even better as well depending on what the buttPirates end up doing down the stretch.

DirtyDukes
October 10th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Yeah, looking at what end of season SOS will look like is kind of silly also since we still have half a season to play. NDSU's win at Eastern Washington could end up being their most impressive win. Likewise JMU's win at East Carolina could end up looking even better as well depending on what the buttPirates end up doing down the stretch.

I'm not holding my breath on the ButtPirates. I do think an FBS win, even if it is the worst FBS team as ECU clearly is, is still a win over a program with 30 more scholarships and deserves to be credited.

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2017, 09:47 AM
I'm not holding my breath on the ButtPirates. I do think an FBS win, even if it is the worst FBS team as ECU clearly is, is still a win over a program with 30 more scholarships and deserves to be credited.
Agreed. An FBS win for an FCS team is always a good win. But not all FBS wins are equal and, in some cases, elite FCS wins can be more impressive than FBS wins. xtwocentsx

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to argue that NDSU's win at EWU is more impressive than JMU's win at ECU. Like I said earlier it's far too early to make that determination.

Mattymc727
October 10th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Is ECU worse than Georgia Southern?

OhioHen
October 10th, 2017, 10:24 AM

ECU would probably finish mid-pack in the OVC.

CockyGeek
October 10th, 2017, 10:33 AM
There is no middle of the pack in the OVC. 🙊

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 10th, 2017, 10:34 AM

Both are pretty bad!! Temple smacked around ECU last weekend and we're at best "ok"....

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Georgia Southern is 8th in ESPN's bottom 10 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20977333/bottom-10-oklahoma-sooners-lose-shocking-fashion) and EC-Yew is 9th so, according to them at least, GSU is slightly worse. Charlotte takes the cake though as the worst team in the FBS.

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Georgia Southern is probably slightly worse, but at that point, it's kind of splitting hairs.

centennial
October 10th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Both are pretty bad!! Temple smacked around ECU last weekend and we're at best "ok"....

ECU is probably the 3rd to 5th worst team in the FBS. EWU would easily take care of them. Beating them is no better than an average FCS team.

Gangtackle11
October 10th, 2017, 01:03 PM

which leads me to ask who would win if JMU played Temple? Massey has it 27-26 JMU. I’m trying to find some hope for my Cats on Saturday. Nova lost 16-13 @ Temple in front of 37,000 Temple fans.

Milktruck74
October 10th, 2017, 01:44 PM
The link takes me to GoDaddy....Do I want to own the Nobowls domain??? Nah!!!

jmufan999
October 10th, 2017, 04:02 PM
which leads me to ask who would win if JMU played Temple? Massey has it 27-26 JMU. I’m trying to find some hope for my Cats on Saturday. Nova lost 16-13 @ Temple in front of 37,000 Temple fans.

wish you'd post this in the game thread, that thing is dying already. can't answer the question, though, haven't seen Temple this year and know nothing about them.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 10th, 2017, 04:38 PM

I think there's a couple of different variables at play with the hypothetical. First, Temple vs Villanova is definitely a "rivalry game". Most people who pay attention had it close like it was. Second, we started the year with an entirely new coaching staff (far more turnover than 'Nova). Not to mention we replaced a ton of starters. Our recruiting has been solid and the depth of talent is there. Collins is slowly getting everyone on the right page. It started with our near comeback against Houston and then we stuck it to a terrible ECU team last week. We never had a chance against Notre Dame and USF that early in the year so those were two built in losses. Temple gets UConn in Philly and @ Army in the next two weeks. I'm seriously considering going to West Point next weekend. I was up there in 2010 when Temple won. That will be a tough game. We then get Navy at home in early November following our bye . I think it's reasonable that we're 5-3 heading into the Navy game which will make it fairly relevant.

As the season goes on I think the odds of beating JMU (or NDSU for that matter) would increase.

ming01
October 10th, 2017, 07:16 PM
How are we supposed to know how the season ends in week 6? That’s some magical power.

Ever heard of a prediction? Doing bracketology based on how it would be today makes zero sense and takes little skill

Milktruck74
October 10th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Ever heard of a prediction? Doing bracketology based on how it would be today makes zero sense and takes little skill

without speculation, this board would suck....

Milktruck74
October 10th, 2017, 07:19 PM
and would have about two posters....JSUSoutherner could post a question and then answer himself (dude has like 11,000 in the 9 months that he has owned a computer) and CitDog could replay "Furman Sucks" to everything JSUSoutherner posted....so, thank God for speculation!!!!!

ming01
October 10th, 2017, 07:39 PM
without speculation, this board would suck....

there would still be speculation. actually more of it

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2017, 07:51 PM
I just saw UNI in the next 4 out. Lol

NoVABison
October 10th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Georgia Southern is probably slightly worse, but at that point, it's kind of splitting hairs.

CBS Sports ranks the Bottom 25 FBS Teams... ECU is the 9th worst... while GSU is the worst FBS team as of this week.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bottom-25-college-football-rankings-seven-power-five-teams-one-in-bottom-five/

FWIW, USD's FBS win was against this weeks 12th worst team, so they have that going for them.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 10th, 2017, 08:11 PM
CBS Sports ranks the Bottom 25 FBS Teams... ECU is the 9th worst... while GSU is the worst FBS team as of this week.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bottom-25-college-football-rankings-seven-power-five-teams-one-in-bottom-five/

FWIW, USD's FBS win was against this weeks 12th worst team, so they have that going for them.

What in the world are they doing in Statesboro? I'll never understand why GSU left FCS prominence for FBS irrelevance. The best the can hope for is to make a splash nationally once in a blue moon. It's mind boggling how they pissed away all that history to be a FBS afterthought.

At least ECU a the track record of success at the FBS level. They just need to get their ducks in a row and they'll bounce back like UCF has.

CHIP72
October 10th, 2017, 08:23 PM

Meanwhile, everybody else would piss themselves after Jacksonville State beats Sam Houston State 82-3 or something like that. xlolx

centennial
October 10th, 2017, 08:41 PM
What in the world are they doing in Statesboro? I'll never understand why GSU left FCS prominence for FBS irrelevance. The best the can hope for is to make a splash nationally once in a blue moon. It's mind boggling how they pissed away all that history to be a FBS afterthought.

At least ECU a the track record of success at the FBS level. They just need to get their ducks in a row and they'll bounce back like UCF has.

GSU is **** because their coach got taken 2 times in a row. The new coach is terrible. They'll bounce back.

NorthChuckSouth
October 10th, 2017, 08:42 PM
I don't understand campbell being in.. they lost to Georgetown and PC

CHIP72
October 10th, 2017, 08:44 PM
I don't understand campbell being in.. they lost to Georgetown and PC

Clearly someone likes camels.

JSUSoutherner
October 10th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Meanwhile, everybody else would piss themselves after Jacksonville State beats Sam Houston State 82-3 or something like that. xlolx

I don't know about that a score that high....

3 is stretching it. :D

NorthChuckSouth
October 10th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Clearly someone likes camels.

https://media.giphy.com/media/11p0HvVs1hhOX6/200.gif

cx500d
October 10th, 2017, 09:27 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11p0HvVs1hhOX6/200.gif

I thought this was about hump day....Not to self, don't puke while in action...

https://media.giphy.com/media/6E9xxRx6VST9m/giphy.gif

wcugrad95
October 10th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Campbell? They lost to PC! I know the Pioneer gets an autobid now, but they shouldn’t because none of those teams belong anywhere near the playoffs. Elon would basically be getting a bye here before they faced Wofford.

Agree - I'd rather see WCU in that Elon spot :)

wcugrad95
October 10th, 2017, 09:34 PM

I assume that is in reference to the 2 school's bands? Or is that the assumption that the game would be over well before the half? Either way, I'd piss myself (and be there to do it) if WCU makes the 2nd round of the playoffs.

JSUSoutherner
October 10th, 2017, 09:38 PM
I assume that is in reference to the 2 school's bands? Or is that the assumption that the game would be over well before the half? Either way, I'd piss myself (and be there to do it) if WCU makes the 2nd round of the playoffs.
The two bands. Halftime would be legendary.

citdog
October 10th, 2017, 09:40 PM
The two bands. Halftime would be legendary.

Dudes will be in the parking lot having a beer whilst you play the piccolo.

JSUSoutherner
October 10th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Dudes will be in the parking lot having a beer whilst you play the piccolo.

At least we will be at a playoff game.

citdog
October 10th, 2017, 09:53 PM
At least we will be at a playoff game.

Will you?

ST_Lawson
October 10th, 2017, 09:54 PM
there would still be speculation. actually more of it

You don't know that....that's just speculation.

JSUSoutherner
October 10th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Will you?

Yup. Because my team doesn't lose to Mercer.

citdog
October 10th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Yup. Because my team doesn't lose to Mercer.

You don't play anyone as good as them all season except Ga Tech...

JSUSoutherner
October 10th, 2017, 10:12 PM
You don't play anyone as good as them all season except Ga Tech...

So what will be your excuse when Chatty blows you guys out?

citdog
October 10th, 2017, 10:15 PM
So what will be your excuse when Chatty blows you guys out?

I'll do what I ALWAYS do. Take it like a man.

no homo

JSUSoutherner
October 10th, 2017, 10:27 PM
I'll do what I ALWAYS do. Take it like a man.

no homo

Just like you accept the confederate defeat?

citdog
October 10th, 2017, 10:30 PM
Just like you accept the confederate defeat?

We're only restin' for a bit...

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/45964774/the-south-will-rise-again-as-long-as-it-doesnt-snow.jpg

JSUSoutherner
October 10th, 2017, 10:43 PM
We're only restin' for a bit...

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/45964774/the-south-will-rise-again-as-long-as-it-doesnt-snow.jpg

Well... at least the bottom line is right.

kalm
October 11th, 2017, 07:08 AM
ECU is probably the 3rd to 5th worst team in the FBS. EWU would easily take care of them. Beating them is no better than an average FCS team.

ECU is worse than Presbyterian?