October 8th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Nicholls
UCA
SHSU
SLU
Lamar

Wildcat1997
October 8th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Nicholls (This is similar to the McNeese game for ACU. They give a great effort but ultimately can’t pull it out.)
UCA
SHSU
SLU
UIW

McNeese72
October 8th, 2017, 11:30 AM
ACU can beat Nicholls.

Wildcat1997
October 8th, 2017, 01:11 PM
ACU can beat Nicholls.If our offense shows up then sure we can. But our offense hasn’t been able to score effectively on any team so far other than UIW. If our opponent has a good defense like Nicholls does, we get shut down.

BEAR
October 8th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Quest for the SLC championship:

Games left that might prove difficult for each team: But any team can provide an upset.

UCA: 3-0 McNeese playing strong and could provide a loss to UCA. Playing on the Stripes though.
McNeese: 3-1 UCA. Road trip. Cowboys have only lost their opening game by 2 to Nicholls.
Nicholls: 3-1. I think the only team might be SLU the last game of the year.
SHSU: 2-1. SLU may play the spoiler for Sam later this year. But I'm not sure on that.

The other teams have two losses already. Any other versions or possibilities anyone else sees?

McCowboys
October 8th, 2017, 02:11 PM

Games left that might prove difficult for each team: But any team can provide an upset.

UCA: 3-0 McNeese playing strong and could provide a loss to UCA. Playing on the Stripes though.
McNeese: 3-1 UCA. Road trip. Cowboys have only lost their opening game by 2 to Nicholls.
SHSU: 2-1. SLU may play the spoiler for Sam later this year. But I'm not sure on that.

The other teams have two losses already. Any other versions or possibilities anyone else sees?

Doesn't SLU only have one conference loss?

TheRevSFA
October 8th, 2017, 02:31 PM

I still think it's too early to dismiss the two loss teams.

Let's say SFA by some unimaginative miracle ran the table they'd be 7-4 overall and it'd give losses to UCA and Nicholls. Weird **** has happened in the SLC before

TheRevSFA
October 8th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Nicholls
SFA just for the **** of it
SHSU
SLU
Lamar

McCowboys
October 8th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Nicholls
SFA just for the **** of it
SHSU
SLU
Lamar

On Any Given Saturday, Rev!
The Jacks bounced back and had a decent showing against the Bearkats.
What yesterday's game results show is something that all coaches/teams should know (even if the fans don't), there is no easy week in SLC football. I know Fourcade (Nicholls QB) didn't play most of the game yesterday due to injury, and I don't know how the early starts affected the teams, but those were competitive games in Hammond and Thibodaux.
HBU has a good defense. ACU is a tough place to play and also has a good defense. UIW has played tough against SFA and SLU.
Maybe UCA and Sam were both a little flat after last week's game?

Sidenote here before my old mind forgets: McNeese vs. ACU -- NO turnovers by either team. NO lost fumbles. NO interceptions. And not a large # of penalties, though the last penalty on ACU was costly. How often these days to you see games with no turnovers by either team?

Daytripper
October 8th, 2017, 03:10 PM
ACU at Nicholls - ACU in the upset
SFA at UCA - UCA big.... SFA blew it's wad
NWST at SHSU - SHSU big
SLU at HBU - HBU
Lamar at UIW - UIW...... really, who cares?

Daytripper
October 8th, 2017, 03:11 PM
ACU can beat Nicholls.

I am predicting they actually do...

BEAR
October 8th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Doesn't SLU only have one conference loss?

Thats true but SLU has the hard part of their schedule at the end with SHSU, McNeese, and Nicholls.
Plus while HBU may have trouble on offense, their defense is pretty good.

McCowboys
October 8th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Thats true but SLU has the hard part of their schedule at the end with SHSU, McNeese, and Nicholls.
Plus while HBU may have trouble on offense, their defense is pretty good.

And just what gives you the idea that they can't win all those games? The point is this: Right now they have one loss, and they should have been included in your list. Let's be fair, Bear!

BEAR
October 8th, 2017, 06:19 PM
And just what gives you the idea that they can't win all those games? The point is this: Right now they have one loss, and they should have been included in your list. Let's be fair, Bear!

Dont know why I left them off the first time other than the fact I had to use them in a couple of examples plus their tough schedule left and the fact of how they played against UCA. If their QB is back then they could win all those games they have left but it is unlikely with how tough the games are. But again, it's just an opinion. Plus my list isn't published in ESPN....it's a messageboard post. xlolx

McCowboys
October 8th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Dont know why I left them off the first time other than the fact I had to use them in a couple of examples plus their tough schedule left and the fact of how they played against UCA. If their QB is back then they could win all those games they have left but it is unlikely with how tough the games are. But again, it's just an opinion. Plus my list isn't published in ESPN....it's a messageboard post. xlolx

I have always trusted your knowledge, fairness, and honesty. But for that one, I had to go check the current SLC standings to find out who, besides UCA, the Lions had lost to.
-1 on your fairness for that one, but I will forgive you this time.
(P.S. You are better than ESPN because you don't bring politics into the equation.)

BEAR
October 8th, 2017, 08:43 PM
I have always trusted your knowledge, fairness, and honesty. But for that one, I had to go check the current SLC standings to find out who, besides UCA, the Lions had lost to.
-1 on your fairness for that one, but I will forgive you this time.
(P.S. You are better than ESPN because you don't bring politics into the equation.)

I think I mentally eliminated them because of their remaining schedule but maybe the SLC website had their W/L record wrong also. It happened last year one time and I had to correct my post then too. But honestly I stayed up last night until 1 a.m. So I probably just overlooked them. Also age comes into play...xlolx

McNeese75
October 8th, 2017, 10:57 PM
ACU at Nicholls
SFA at UCA
NWST at SHSU
SLU at HBU
Lamar at UIW

Sammy94
October 9th, 2017, 08:30 AM
ACU at Nicholls
SFA at UCA
NWST at SHSU
SLU at HBU
Lamar at UIW

Going with all the home teams

Catatonic
October 9th, 2017, 09:26 AM
ACU at Nicholls
SFA at UCA
NWST at SHSU
SLU at HBU
Lamar at UIW

ACU. If the Wildcats play as well as they did against MCNeese, ACU can win this game.
UCA
SHSU
SLU
Lamar

TheRevSFA
October 9th, 2017, 09:46 AM
ACU fans on twitter have gotten on my last nerve. Hope they lose every game this year.

BEAR
October 9th, 2017, 10:26 AM
This weeks games and Massey chances of winning:

UCA 96% SFA 4%
SLU 87% HBU 13%
SHSU 97% NWST 3%
Nicholls 81% ACU 19%
Lamar 58% UIW 42%

Remaining schedules Massey Ratings chances of winning: AGS, remember that...

0-1 loss teams
UCA 3-0: SFA 96%, NWST 97%, McNeese 81%, Lamar 98%, IUW 99%, ACU 97%
McNeese 3-1: IUW 96%, UCA 19%, SLU 65%, NWST 90%, Lamar 90%
Nicholls 3-1: ACU 81%, IUW 93%, HBU 95%, SFA 76%, SLU 56%
SLU 3-1: HBU 87%, ACU 67%, SHSU 23%, McNeese 35%, Nicholls 44%
SHSU 2-1: NWST 97%, Lamar 98%, SLU 77%, IUW 99%, ACU 90%, HBU 99%

2 loss teams:
SFA 2-2: UCA 4%, HBU 78%, Lamar 67%, Nicholls 24%, NWST 60%
ACU 2-2: Nicholls 19%, SLU 33%, NWST 60%, SHSU 10%, UCA 3%
NWST 1-2: SHSU 3%, UCA 3%, HBU 60%, ACU 40%, McNeese 10%, SFA 40%

3 conference Loss teams: Least likely to make playoffs. UIW is out.
HBU 1-4
Lamar 1-4
UIW 0-5

Likely in:
UCA: Most likely 9-2 or 10-1.
SHSU: Most likely 9-2 or 10-1.

Probable to be 3rd SLC team in...
McNeese: Most likely 9-2 or 8-3
Nicholls: Most likely 9-2 but could go 8-3.

Possible to be 3rd team in:
SLU: Best record possible 8-3 but has SHSU, McNeese and Nicholls. Tough road.

Teams with 4 losses already giving them a possible 7-4 season if they win out which most likely will not put them in the playoffs:
ACU- Plays a tough Nicholls team. One of them will likely know their fate this weekend. Nicholls favored by 81%.
SFA- Plays at UCA this weekend. Might be the nail in the coffin or a big upset.
NWST- Plays SHSU and only has a 3% chance to win. Fate should be sealed this weekend.
HBU- HBU plays SLU this weekend. If SLU QB is healthy then HBU will know its fate this weekend. SLU favored to win by 87%. Good HBU D, no offense.
Lamar- Plays dead last and winless UIW. Picked to win by 58%. Stay alive ONE more week then SHSU, SFA, UCA, HBU and McNeese. Not likely to survive.

Teams out:
UIW 0-5

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

ACU fans on twitter have gotten on my last nerve. Hope they lose every game this year.

But they have a nice stadium...

McNeese75
October 9th, 2017, 11:12 AM
8-3 team will never make the playoffs

FormerPokeCenter
October 9th, 2017, 12:11 PM
I still think it's too early to dismiss the two loss teams.

Weird **** happens in the SLC regularly

FYP

LIONFAN07
October 9th, 2017, 12:41 PM

8-3 may not make it with a D2 win like McNeese has. But hard for me to see Nicholls not getting in at 8-3. But I would still bet McNeese would get in at 8-3 even with D2 win.

BEAR
October 9th, 2017, 12:43 PM

I was thinking that for this year.

9-2 may be the lowest that our conference gets in. I think UCA and Sam should get in with what they have left. A third team would be between Nicholls and SLU. I just don't see SLU surviving with the schedule they have left. McNeese is awfully close and a win AT UCA would help dramatically. And its possible...

McNeese75
October 9th, 2017, 02:25 PM
I was thinking that for this year.

9-2 may be the lowest that our conference gets in. I think UCA and Sam should get in with what they have left. A third team would be between Nicholls and SLU. I just don't see SLU surviving with the schedule they have left. McNeese is awfully close and a win AT UCA would help dramatically. And its possible...

9-2 is a maybe but an 8-3 team (even Nicholls) is going to be sitting at home IMHO. Nicholls most likely chance of a loss is with SELU. A loss against an unranked team and the curbstomping in Huntsville will keep them out.

McNeese is completely out IMO unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat in Conway which is not likely.

BEAR
October 9th, 2017, 02:28 PM
McNeese is completely out IMO unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat in Conway which is not likely.

That's the biggie for McNeese. UCA can't afford to lose any games. One loss before or after McNeese and if the Cowboys come to town and pull the upset...well, UCA's season is OVER> xbawlingx How quickly the Bears would go from top 10 to staying home. Every game counts...

Catatonic
October 9th, 2017, 03:35 PM
You let a bunch of overwrought college students get to you? #snowflake

Serpentor
October 10th, 2017, 10:12 AM
ACU at Nicholls - I wanted success for you ACU guys, but it doesn't seem to be your year
SFA at UCA - UCA gets over their hiccup and probably plays SFA a lot better than we did
NWST at SHSU - We get a reprieve after spending most of the season on the road. This should tie the all-time series 20-20
SLU at HBU - HBU's defense is much improved, but their offense can't fight their way out of a paper bag. SELU's win streak continues
Lamar at UIW - It's the Cardinals vs. the Cardinals. I'm betting the Cardinals win. Home field advantage helps UIW slip by Lamar with a field goal, but that's about it.

BEAR
October 10th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Saturday, Oct. 14
Abilene Christian at Nicholls, 3 p.m. CT, Cox Sports TV/ESPN3
Northwestern State at Sam Houston State, 3:45 p.m. CT, Eleven Sports/Southland Digital Network
Stephen F. Austin at Central Arkansas, 6 p.m. CT, ESPN3
Southeastern Louisiana at Houston Baptist, 6 p.m. CT, ESPN3

Serpentor
October 11th, 2017, 12:36 PM
You let a bunch of overwrought college students get to you? #snowflake

Now I'm genuinely curious what was actually said.

Wildcat1997
October 11th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Now I'm genuinely curious what was actually said.This
https://twitter.com/ACUSportsFans/status/914845399982190593

BEAR
October 12th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Alright...it's Thursday...any injuries or players not going to play as they were expected to? '

Why doesn't SFA have a thread on The Sawmill for this game yet? Hello....Lumberjacks.....it's a great time to be a spoiler...xlolx

McNeese72
October 12th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Alright...it's Thursday...any injuries or players not going to play as they were expected to? '

Why doesn't SFA have a thread on The Sawmill for this game yet? Hello....Lumberjacks.....it's a great time to be a spoiler...xlolx

Yes, our whole team is going to have to sit out Saturday. Bye U. is going to kick our ass!!!!

Doc

maninthehighcastle
October 12th, 2017, 09:21 AM
ACU at Nicholls
SFA at UCA
NWST at SHSU
SLU at HBU
Lamar at UIW

BEAR
October 12th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Yes, our whole team is going to have to sit out Saturday. Bye U. is going to kick our ass!!!!

Doc

http://cdn.nexternal.com/gilmangear/images/Power-Bag-pg71-K-5677.jpg

BEAR
October 13th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Hello....any SLC fans out there? It's almost game day! xthumbsupx

Wildcat1997
October 13th, 2017, 01:52 PM

Why doesn't SFA have a thread on The Sawmill for this game yet? Hello....Lumberjacks.....it's a great time to be a spoiler...xlolxDL Daytrieon Dean and DB AJ Greathouse were both injured in the McNeese game and are out for the season. Neither were starters but they were key depth players.