PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 5 2017

bonarae
October 7th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Last week of OOC play.

Question of the Week: Is Harvard becoming the Ivy version of Chattanooga this season, sputtering and inconsistent along the way? And can this be Murphy's final season? Hopefully change might be coming if he is let go at the end of the season.

Now on to the games...

Harvard at Lafayette - I can't think of anything more to say about the Crimson this season.
Princeton at Brown
Yale at Holy Cross
Dartmouth at Sacred Heart
Penn at Columbia
Bucknell at Cornell

bulldog10jw
October 7th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Dartmouth
Penn
Cornell

bulldog10jw
October 7th, 2017, 11:28 PM
Last week of OOC play.

Question of the Week: Is Harvard becoming the Ivy version of Chattanooga this season, sputtering and inconsistent along the way? And can this be Murphy's final season? Hopefully change might be coming if he is let go at the end of the season.

Now on to the games...

Harvard at Lafayette - I can't think of anything more to say about the Crimson this season.
Princeton at Brown
Yale at Holy Cross
Penn at Columbia
Bucknell at Cornell

By the way. It should be Holy Cross at Yale

World
October 8th, 2017, 04:15 AM
Last week of OOC play.

Now on to the games...

Princeton at Brown
Yale at Holy Cross
Penn at Columbia
Bucknell at Cornell

Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Dartmouth
Columbia
Bucknell

Ivytalk
October 8th, 2017, 06:22 AM
Should be Lafayette at Harvard, too.

Harvard ( maybe its last win of '17)
Princeton
Yale
Dartmouth
Columbia
Cornell

Go Green
October 8th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Last week of OOC play.

You want to can Murphy after one losing season?

Sheesh....

Ivytalk
October 8th, 2017, 11:32 AM
I don't understand Murphy's quarterback rotation system this year. Is Viviano hurt? Anyway, the offense has been discombobulated all year, even stretching back to the last few games of 2016. Inconsistent running game, too. Doesn't bode well for the stretch run. Defense has been generally OK.

bulldog10jw
October 8th, 2017, 01:36 PM
You want to can Murphy after one losing season?

Sheesh....

What losing season?

Go Green
October 8th, 2017, 03:16 PM
What losing season?

I understand that they have to play the games. But if they couldn't beat Cornell, its hard to see the Crimson getting three more victories this season.

We will see how it shakes out.

Go Green
October 11th, 2017, 08:42 AM
The more I think about it, the more I'm worried that Dartmouth is going to lose to Sacred Heart.

The Ivy (and Dartmouth is as guilty as anyone) has a bad history of not showing up against NEC opponents on away games. Penn's loss to CCSU last Saturday was typical.

Definitely hope I'm wrong. But as many Star Wars characters have said, "I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Bluefish845
October 11th, 2017, 11:10 AM
GO Green, I like that feeling. xnodx SHU handed 6 gifts to CCSU and CCSU seemed to push around Penn who was pretty even with Dartmouth, so I like our chances as well. AGS...

Harvard
Princeton
YALE Sacred Heart
Columbia
Cornell

Lehigh Football Nation
October 11th, 2017, 11:41 AM
I don't understand Murphy's quarterback rotation system this year. Is Viviano hurt? Anyway, the offense has been discombobulated all year, even stretching back to the last few games of 2016. Inconsistent running game, too. Doesn't bode well for the stretch run. Defense has been generally OK.

Not for nothing, but Lafayette isn't exactly a cure for a discombobulated offense. I'm tempted to pick an upset.

Go Green
October 11th, 2017, 12:09 PM
GO Green, I like that feeling. xnodx SHU handed 6 gifts to CCSU and CCSU seemed to push around Penn who was pretty even with Dartmouth, so I like our chances as well. AGS...

I think Penn is better than what they showed against CCSU. I think Ivy teams too often mistakenly equate NEC teams with PFL teams. I just don't believe that the Ivy players take the NEC as seriously as we should. Indeed, I know some Dartmouth fans who treat NEC games as if Dartmouth was having a bye week...

HOPEFULLY Dartmouth takes the game seriously on Saturday. If we don't, then we will lose.

bonarae
October 14th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Dartmouth almost choked along the way. But they still ground to a win at Sacred Heart, 29-26.
Columbia needed an OT to stay undefeated against the Quackers, 34-31.
Harvard got past Lafayette easily, 38-10.
Princeton shuts out Brown on the road, 53-0.
Cornell lost to Bucknell, 26-18.
Yale shuts out Holy Cross, 32-0.

Son of Eli
October 14th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Two horrible losses in a row for Brown.

Lehigh'98
October 14th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Hell of a year the IL is having!!