PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-7

JALMOND
October 4th, 2017, 11:42 PM
I escaped September with a terrible 33-13 record so far in these picks. I need to pick up the pace and get a perfect weekend. Here is my attempt this weekend at perfection (hopefully perfect at picking the winners and not the losers).

CP at SUU---The Mustangs have been so close yet can't get wins. The Thunderbirds took last week off after a thrashing by Sacramento State. The Mustangs once again come close and once again...SUU 38, CP 31.

EWU at UCD---The Eagles are soaring finally and ready to take control of the conference. The Aggies are better than people thought and will be ready for this game at their place...EWU 38, UCD 25.

UM at ISU---Both teams had impressive victories last week. The Grizzlies and Bengals have both had crazy games, even with the disparity among the programs in recent years. This time, they may be pretty even...UM 31, ISU 29.

Illinois State at NAU---The Lumberjacks take a break from the Big Sky slate to welcome another team from the Missouri Valley. Just like before, maybe a bit on the down side for the conference...Illinois State 35, NAU 24.

UNC at UND---Everyone is piling on the Hawks and enjoying it. The Bears get their turn this weekend, but sooner or later the Hawks will get mad and put a stop to it. Perhaps this weekend...UND 34, UNC 31.

PSU at MSU---The Vikings really can't seem to get out of their own way and now head in to Bobcat country against a sourly team upset at their loss last week. Bobcats want a statement and they get it...MSU 35, PSU 7.

bonarae
October 5th, 2017, 12:21 AM
Southern Utah
EWU
Griz
Illinois State
UNC
Montana State

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

mvemjsunpx
October 5th, 2017, 12:52 AM
EWU 52-35 Davis — All of Davis's games have been decided by at least 3 touchdowns

Montana 45-38 Idaho St. — The Griz have won 11 straight over ISU, their only long streak still intact

Cal Poly 28-38 Suutah — No clue on Southern Utah, but we know the 'Stangs are bad

Portland St. 20-35 Montana St. — The Viks looked better with Kraght than Eason; who will start?

NoCo 35-23 NoDak — The Bears looked bad last week, but they'll get enough big plays to win

Illinois St. 27-28 NAU — The Redbirds are 4-0, but haven't played anyone good; is NAU good?

Grizalltheway
October 5th, 2017, 09:26 AM
EWU 52-35 Davis — All of Davis's games have been decided by at least 3 touchdowns

Montana 45-38 Idaho St. — The Griz have won 11 straight over ISU, their only long streak still intact

Cal Poly 28-38 Suutah — No clue on Southern Utah, but we know the 'Stangs are bad

Portland St. 20-35 Montana St. — The Viks looked better with Kraght than Eason; who will start?

NoCo 35-23 NoDak — The Bears looked bad last week, but they'll get enough big plays to win

Illinois St. 27-28 NAU — The Redbirds are 4-0, but haven't played anyone good; is NAU good?

Hey now. We still haven't lost in Bozeman in over a decade. xrulesx

wapiti
October 5th, 2017, 09:39 AM
CP 24 at SUU 27---CP has been struggling this year. Being on the road I see them struggling again.

EWU 45 at UCD 38--This has potential to be a high scoring affair. EWU has been on fire the past 3 games.

UM 35 at ISU 32---Normally this would be a cake walk for the griz. But the Bengals are playing better this year and I am still unsure of how good the griz are.

Illinois State 35 at NAU 32---Ill St has played an easy schedule. Looking at the rankings the Redbirds are the favorite, but I think the Redbirds are overrated a bit and NAU is underrated a bit. So this should be a close game and could go either way.

UNC 32 at UND 28---UNC took down a team that beat a FBS squad. Now to play a team that has been taking a beating the past few weeks. UND needs to play bye.

PSU 23 at MSU 31---MSU has had one of the tougher schedules this far into the season and their record shows it. PSU gave 2 FBS teams a scare so the Vikings are a good team, but then they lose 2 at home to conference mates.

geaux_sioux
October 5th, 2017, 10:10 AM
CP 24 at SUU 27---CP has been struggling this year. Being on the road I see them struggling again.

EWU 45 at UCD 38--This has potential to be a high scoring affair. EWU has been on fire the past 3 games.

UM 35 at ISU 32---Normally this would be a cake walk for the griz. But the Bengals are playing better this year and I am still unsure of how good the griz are.

Illinois State 35 at NAU 32---Ill St has played an easy schedule. Looking at the rankings the Redbirds are the favorite, but I think the Redbirds are overrated a bit and NAU is underrated a bit. So this should be a close game and could go either way.

UNC 32 at UND 28---UNC took down a team that beat a FBS squad. Now to play a team that has been taking a beating the past few weeks. UND needs to play bye.

PSU 23 at MSU 31---MSU has had one of the tougher schedules this far into the season and their record shows it. PSU gave 2 FBS teams a scare so the Vikings are a good team, but then they lose 2 at home to conference mates.

Speaking of playing Bye State, it’s pretty interesting that we got them on the schedule the last week of the season two years in a row.

Iridebikes
October 5th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Southern Utah- Cal Poly won't be able to break the skid on the road
EWU- Fair amount of points. EWU scores two tds more.
ISU- Long time coming for ISU to beat Griz and I think they can do it Saturday.
NAU- 7500 feet is a home field advantage. I think NAU wins.
UND- At home to get back on the winning side.
MSU-

mvemjsunpx
October 5th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Hey now. We still haven't lost in Bozeman in over a decade. xrulesx

I meant total wins, not just road wins.

And I guess the Griz are 7-0 all-time versus UC Davis, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as "long."

mvemjsunpx
October 5th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Speaking of playing Bye State, it’s pretty interesting that we got them on the schedule the last week of the season two years in a row.

It's because the Big Sky puts all the regional rivalry games the final week. EWU/PSU, Sac/Davis, Montana/MSU, ISU/Weber, and SUU/NAU are all locked in then. That leaves NoDak, NoCo, and Cal Poly having to do a rotation thing where two play each other and the other has a bye (or a non-conference game).

jadmt
October 5th, 2017, 05:01 PM
SUU
EWU
NAU
UND
MSU
and UM 42 ISU 7

veinup
October 5th, 2017, 05:04 PM
the winners are
SUU
EWU
ISU
NAU
UND
MSU

geaux_sioux
October 6th, 2017, 12:15 AM
I just don’t see how anyone can pick UND right now. We aren’t the same right now. No edge.

BadlandsGrizFan
October 6th, 2017, 09:26 AM
SUU
EWU
NAU
UND
MSU
and UM 42 ISU 7

Lol we havent held a program to only 7 since the Berlin wall came down.

Grizalltheway
October 6th, 2017, 09:28 AM

Or since September 16...I know, Savannah State lol.

jadmt
October 6th, 2017, 10:59 AM

I know that is what is going to make this win special lol.

Silenoz
October 6th, 2017, 11:24 AM
UM 42 ISU 7
Confidence is back eh?

If we win it's gonna be another 40-something to 30-something deal

Roamingriz
October 6th, 2017, 11:34 AM
CP vs SUU- I keep waiting for Cal Poly to do something more. Like waiting for broken UND, I am fairly sure it is't going to happen, at least not this week against some Thunderbirds who have shown signs of life. SUU doesn't quite look like the team that made the playoffs a few years ago, at least maybe not yet, but they look ok across the board.
CP 20 SUU 34

EWU vs UCD- Some pretty up and down firepower from UCD the past few weeks which can mean it is the UCD offense rather than defenses it has face that has caused the problems. No problem last week against UND. EWU's D will give points if you can take them. EWU's O will take them regardless. Unless that is, you are NDSU or TT.
EWU 42 UCD 24

UM vs ISU- If UM lets the Bengals hang around they might just get bitten in the bear ass. That Portland State game was sloppy. ISU is improved this year though not a whole lot on the defensive side. If that running game for the Griz has truly stepped up they need to prove it here against some Bengals who gave up 34 to Cal Poly. Throw in a mostly improving Jensen (what is up with the under thrown medium to short balls?) and the Griz need to come out of the blocks fast. ISU will get their scores but come up short thanks to a stop or two more by the Griz D.
UM 42 ISU 34

Illinois State vs NAU- This one is a tossup to me. NAU gets their points which have trended upward the past two weeks but caught a couple beat downs earlier to superior competition. They showed they can put up the numbers last week against Northern Colorado whom they held to 20, and held a weaker Cal Poly team to 10 the week before while putting up 28. I think NAUs offense is heading in the right direction and that D is Big Sky ok. This should be Illinois States toughest game this season and might just pull it off in a come back in the second half wearing down NAU's defense as the MVFC is wont to do against the Big Sky.
ISUr 38 NAU 35

UNC vs UND- Well the Bears didn't get it going against Northern Arizona last week after outgunning Idaho State the week before. They aren't decimated by injuries so there's a leg up in this game. I don't think UND is entirely done for the season, but these bears look good enough not to drop one here. UND might pick someone off this season but I might be done picking UND so....
UNC 32 UND 14

PSU vs MSU- I think both of these teams have looked better than their records (well maybe not PSU against Davis) and this game will go a ways in determining which part of the pack each wants to run with in the Big Sky. Murray is a game changer for MSU and if PSU continues to be soft against the run after a good start to the season the day may get long, MSU has a running committee. Still PSU has its weapons but probably wont be quite as effective against the Bobcats in Bobcatland as they were against the Griz last week at home (If you call three picks effective, still, 33 points)
PSU 23 MSU 32

Grizalltheway
October 6th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Confidence is back eh?

If we win it's gonna be another 40-something to 30-something deal

Look, you can trash us and the Big Sky all you want, but the fact is most teams in this conference know how to move the ball. I mean we had a 24-0 halftime lead against SDSU's vaunted offense two years ago, and they were never really in that game.