PDA

View Full Version : YSU vs SD Yotes GOTW?!?

ysubigred
October 3rd, 2017, 07:18 AM
From one tough SD school to another on the road in a gym ummm dome :D.

Looks like two good defenses! This game comes down to mistakes and penalties xnodx

So far it appears SD has the offensive advantage. xeyebrowx

This should be an old fashioned MVFC slobber knocker!xbowx

Carry on http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26216&stc=1

dewey
October 3rd, 2017, 07:20 AM
Quite the 3 game gauntlet for Youngstown State with South Dakota State, at South Dakota and then NDSU.

Dewey

ysubigred
October 3rd, 2017, 07:28 AM
Quite the 3 game gauntlet for Youngstown State with South Dakota State, at South Dakota and then NDSU.

Dewey

I know. YSU survives these 3 games and the Guins might be for real. SDSU didn't have me as worried as this weeks game. As always we hope for the best against the Bison xbowx

Good luck at Indy State

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2017, 08:28 AM
I like YSU in this game. I think USD depends too much on Streveler and YSU has the type of disciplined and talented defense to contain him. It also seemed like Streveler was really getting beat up in the WIU game so I think the cumulative effect of all the hits he's taken this year are going to start to catch up with him and USD at some point. It may not be this week but I think it's coming.

Schism55
October 3rd, 2017, 11:12 AM
I like YSU in this game. I think USD depends too much on Streveler and YSU has the type of disciplined and talented defense to contain him. It also seemed like Streveler was really getting beat up in the WIU game so I think the cumulative effect of all the hits he's taken this year are going to start to catch up with him and USD at some point. It may not be this week but I think it's coming.
Well said. It's really stood out to me how often Streveler runs, hes great at it but 0% chance he lasts the season if he doesn't hand the ball off much more frequently.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2017, 02:08 PM
I have YSU in this game. Bo's defense looks good and can Streveler win the game wirh his arm?

Probably a close one and either team winning wouldn't surprise me.

CappinHard
October 3rd, 2017, 02:14 PM
USD is favored in this game by 6... xeyebrowx

Bison56
October 3rd, 2017, 02:21 PM
Pretty much my thoughts on the Yotes, time will tell.

Penguin Nation
October 3rd, 2017, 04:07 PM

YSU and 6? That wouldn't even be gambling. That'd be an investment. xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
October 3rd, 2017, 04:51 PM

I'm not buying that. I'm taking YSU in this one.

Bisonoline
October 3rd, 2017, 05:35 PM
Looking forward to watching this one.

Yotes21
October 3rd, 2017, 06:12 PM
I'm thinking about putting $500 on the Yotes. Win/win

Paladin1aa
October 3rd, 2017, 06:39 PM
Game will be broadcast live in Ytown at 3:00 on the CW (WBCB).

UNIFanSince1983
October 3rd, 2017, 06:43 PM
I'm thinking about putting $500 on the Yotes. Win/win

Wouldn't the Win/Win be putting money on YSU. That way if the Yotes lose you win the bet, but if the Yotes win you are happy even though you lost money because your team won?

Yotes21
October 3rd, 2017, 06:51 PM
Wouldn't the Win/Win be putting money on YSU. That way if the Yotes lose you win the bet, but if the Yotes win you are happy even though you lost money because your team won?

Correct, not sure why I typed it that way.

ytownchief22
October 3rd, 2017, 09:02 PM
This game has me nervous

dewey
October 3rd, 2017, 09:09 PM
I am disappointed to see it is not on ESPN3. Does anyone else know a way to see this game in the Detroit Lakes area?

Dewey

CappinHard
October 3rd, 2017, 10:22 PM
I am disappointed to see it is not on ESPN3. Does anyone else know a way to see this game in the Detroit Lakes area?

Dewey

The ESPN app has it listed as if it's going to be on ESPN3. I think it will show up if it's not on there already.

dewey
October 3rd, 2017, 10:28 PM
The ESPN app has it listed as if it's going to be on ESPN3. I think it will show up if it's not on there already.Awesome. Thanks.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Coyote Fan
October 3rd, 2017, 10:49 PM
I actually kind of like this. Last week when the spread started favoring USD the further into the week it got the opinion on this board kept leaning more and more Western Illinois the further the week went along. The same trend is happening this week. Western was undefeated and beat Coastal Carolina 52-10. USD was up big 38-6 on Western but started to lose their composure. So Western crushed a good team on the road but comes home and losses to the Coyotes. If I put two and two together I like the Yotes on Saturday and maybe big. The small dome can be a nice home field advantage.

X-Factor
October 4th, 2017, 12:11 AM
I actually kind of like this. Last week when the spread started favoring USD the further into the week it got the opinion on this board kept leaning more and more Western Illinois the further the week went along. The same trend is happening this week. Western was undefeated and beat Coastal Carolina 52-10. USD was up big 38-6 on Western but started to lose their composure. So Western crushed a good team on the road but comes home and losses to the Coyotes. If I put two and two together I like the Yotes on Saturday and maybe big. The small dome can be a nice home field advantage.

Ok, the coyote are much improved over last year, but let's not get carried away. YSU is a legitimately good team that made the title game last year. I'll be impressed enough if the coyote simply make the playoffs. I think you'll find that the going gets a lot tougher from here.

penguinpower
October 4th, 2017, 05:11 AM
Ok, the coyote are much improved over last year, but let's not get carried away. YSU is a legitimately good team that made the title game last year. I'll be impressed enough if the coyote simply make the playoffs. I think you'll find that the going gets a lot tougher from here.

Who knows how the game will play out? No one ever knows, but if I were a betting man, I would think the entire game will be about depth of the two team. I think YSU's depth will start showing up later in the game. I also think that YSU will try to get after their QB. If YSU's 2nd string QB plays it could get interesting because he hasn't shown in throwing downfield.

mvfcfan
October 4th, 2017, 07:14 AM
After USD crushed UND I told myself not to doubt the Yotes anymore and then on Saturday I did and it came back to bite me.

I think USD is for real this year and with this game being played at the DakotaDome you won't see me picking against South Dakota this coming up weekend.

Yote 53
October 4th, 2017, 09:46 AM

Dewey

Do you have Midco up there? Pretty sure the game is on Midco.

BisonFan02
October 4th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Do you have Midco up there? Pretty sure the game is on Midco.

No Midco as you head east into MN......there is a gap that forces you into Charter or other local garbage.

Yote 53
October 4th, 2017, 09:53 AM
If USD gets out to a fast start like they have in every game this season I see this one having the potential for being a blowout. Not that YSU is a bad team, they are very good, just that with this game being at home, packed house, and Dakota Days as well, there won't be any let down by the Yotes in the second half. This one is going to be a full 60 minute effort by USD.

I don't think it will be a blowout. I think it will be a good game, but I think the Coyotes are riding pretty high right now and this is going to be one turbo charged atmosphere. Things can get downright nuts in the Dakota Dome and the recipe is all there for this one to have an atmosphere like nobody has ever seen before. Dakota Days always brings the element of an alcohol fueled rampage, add in an undefeated team, top 10 matchup, and it being a Bo Pelini team? Wow. Some may not understand how hated Bo is in these parts, him being the former Nebraska coach.

There is a lot going on with this game.

Yote 53
October 4th, 2017, 09:54 AM
No Midco as you head east into MN......there is a gap that forces you into Charter or other local garbage.

I thought there were large parts of western MN that is Midco territory. Detroit Lake being close enough to Fargo I would have thought Midco would be there.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2017, 10:13 AM
USD getting a lead esrly will be huge. Is YSU built for "coming from" behind? If that happens it will take YSU out of their comfort zone of ground and pound and that will definitely favor USD. I'm sure USD is going to stack the box to limit the rushing attack.

Interesting matchup for sure.

Should be a good game.

Mattymc727
October 4th, 2017, 10:31 AM
I'm putting my money on the Yotes.

Yotes21
October 4th, 2017, 10:45 AM
USD getting a lead esrly will be huge. Is YSU built for "coming from" behind? If that happens it will take YSU out of their comfort zone of ground and pound and that will definitely favor USD. I'm sure USD is going to stack the box to limit the rushing attack.

Interesting matchup for sure.

Should be a good game.

I think that is the key. I am worried about YSU getting a lead and lulling us to death with 3-4 yard runs all day.

geaux_sioux
October 4th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Everyone(NDSU fans) will doubt the Yotes even if they beat the bison this year. They're used to calling usd a bottom feeder and will at best call usd a middle of the pack team. The only way that will change is if usd wins the conference and make a deep playoff run. The Yotes are for real.

dewey
October 4th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Everyone(NDSU fans) will doubt the Yotes even if they beat the bison this year. They're used to calling usd a bottom feeder and will at best call usd a middle of the pack team. The only way that will change is if usd wins the conference and make a deep playoff run. The Yotes are for real.

No kidding. Doesn't what you just said make complete sense? USD beat NDSU in 2015 and were nothing better than a middle of the MVFC team. Most years, I assume there are exceptions, but mostly USD has been a lower end to middle of the pack team. No intended disrespect to USD but the records and final conference standings are facts.

To be a upper team you need to make the playoffs and win playoff games...consistently. The Yotes looked good in a win over WIU and if they beat YSU they could position themselves for a seed in the playoffs. The Yotes could be setting themselves up to a be a very good "upper" team for years to come.

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
October 4th, 2017, 02:56 PM
If USD gets out to a fast start like they have in every game this season I see this one having the potential for being a blowout. Not that YSU is a bad team, they are very good, just that with this game being at home, packed house, and Dakota Days as well, there won't be any let down by the Yotes in the second half. This one is going to be a full 60 minute effort by USD.

I don't think it will be a blowout. I think it will be a good game, but I think the Coyotes are riding pretty high right now and this is going to be one turbo charged atmosphere. Things can get downright nuts in the Dakota Dome and the recipe is all there for this one to have an atmosphere like nobody has ever seen before. Dakota Days always brings the element of an alcohol fueled rampage, add in an undefeated team, top 10 matchup, and it being a Bo Pelini team? Wow. Some may not understand how hated Bo is in these parts, him being the former Nebraska coach.

There is a lot going on with this game.

Getting off to a fast start will be easier said than done against a very very talented Penguin defense.

Schism55
October 4th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Is that not EXACTLY the team they have been??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

Winterborn
October 4th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Everyone(NDSU fans) will doubt the Yotes even if they beat the bison this year. They're used to calling usd a bottom feeder and will at best call usd a middle of the pack team. The only way that will change is when UN_ joins the conference, then they will get bumped up a spot.

FIFY

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2017, 03:34 PM

You fishing?

Bisonoline
October 4th, 2017, 03:38 PM

What do you expect when they havent been a very good team for years?

UNIFanSince1983
October 4th, 2017, 03:42 PM

I mean since joining the conference in 2012 their best finish is 7th. Which is definitely below middle of the pack. Most conference wins is 3. In fact they either win 3 conference games or 0 conference games. So to be fair until this year they have been basically a perennial bottom feeder.

And best overall record since 2012 is 5-6.

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2017, 03:49 PM
FIFY

Truth

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Truth

Fu** UND!!

That sure feels good!

LOL

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Fu** UND!!

That sure feels good!

LOL

Does it? :D

X-Factor
October 4th, 2017, 05:11 PM
You fishing?

He's just trying to make the whioux's a$$ kicking sound better

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2017, 05:21 PM
He's just trying to make the whioux's a$$ kicking sound better

Truth here.

With all the points they have given up the last 3 games, ass kicking is very appropriate.

Kudos!

The Yo Show
October 4th, 2017, 06:14 PM
I like to think that YSU will win, but this is a tough game. SD will definitely be ready and being at home will be a nice bonus. I would be feeling better about our chances if I felt good about May's ability to throw the ball deep. Still think YSU will be ready, but this has the makings of a good close game.

Coyote Fan
October 4th, 2017, 10:09 PM
You really can't compare past USD teams to this one as the Coyote Athletic Department finally started to take winning seriously. When Glenn was coach the Coyotes didn't have the assistants in place to help him win. Now the Coyotes have a guy in Nielson who won a championship at Minnesota-Duluth who wasn't exactly a hot bed for football success. Now he comes to USD who has struggled but he has been able to put his staff in place without as much concern regarding the budget. It was almost a total house cleaning from the Glenn era. The problem with that era is that they never cleaned house from the era prior to that. There were unqualified people in jobs they shouldn't have been in. I would say going into the conference season the Leathernecks and Penguins were playing at about the same level. WIU had a great resume coming into the Coyote game and Yotes just crushed them in their first home game for the first 2.5 quarters. Western was absolutely rolling coming into that game. More people are starting to believe in this team but the rise has been so quick that I can understand some still holding out. I did not believe the Coyotes would be as good as they are. They had problems with stopping the run, defense in general and running the ball. I would say all three are better off and borderline much better off. The Yotes improved all their weaknesses without losing their strengths. Nielson has gone above and beyond what I thought he could do but having a full off season this year has helped the program quite a bit. U of SD now has one of the best weight lifting and sports science departments as well. I think that might be playing a small role as well.

BisonFan02
October 4th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Fu** UND!!

That sure feels good!

LOL

Schism55
October 4th, 2017, 10:29 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26226&stc=1

I was at that game... hell ****ing yeah! Go Bison!

woffordgrad94
October 5th, 2017, 03:46 AM
YSU all the way! Mr. Rape will make huge plays and lead the Penguins to victory and there will be a parade is his honor afterward!

ysubigred
October 5th, 2017, 07:53 AM
YSU all the way! Mr. Rape will make huge plays and lead the Penguins to victory and there will be a parade is his honor afterward!

Didn't know your dad played for YSU? Interesting xsmhx

Penguin Nation
October 5th, 2017, 11:29 AM

Mr. Rape's first name is "Gang".

ysubigred
October 5th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Mr. Rape's first name is "Gang".

Middle name Ur****instupid xnodx

Bison56
October 5th, 2017, 04:01 PM
FIFY

Truth

Laker
October 5th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Now the Coyotes have a guy in Nielson who won a championship at Minnesota-Duluth who wasn't exactly a hot bed for football success.

Actually two. The guy knows what he is doing- USD was lucky to get him.

I heard that the game is a sellout!

Laker
October 5th, 2017, 08:08 PM
South Dakota Tickets‏ @SDCoyotesTix (https://twitter.com/SDCoyotesTix)Follow

More

Ticket update: There WILL be additional tickets made available at 3pm on Friday afternoon. Call or go online http://GoYotes.com/tickets (https://t.co/3DGBAMcuc9)

Yotes21
October 6th, 2017, 08:55 AM
South Dakota Tickets‏ @SDCoyotesTix (https://twitter.com/SDCoyotesTix)Follow

More

Ticket update: There WILL be additional tickets made available at 3pm on Friday afternoon. Call or go online http://GoYotes.com/tickets (https://t.co/3DGBAMcuc9)

YSU did not use all of their allotted amount so they will go back to general public sales.

ytownchief22
October 6th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Seems like this is USD's super bowl?! Excited for the game!

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2017, 09:07 AM
YSU did not use all of their allotted amount so they will go back to general public sales.
Or their inept AD just sent them back without bothering to see if he had fans interested in going. He tends to do that.

geaux_sioux
October 6th, 2017, 09:24 AM

That was their game against UND. They got their revenge pelt and won’t slow down until Streveler gets hurt.

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2017, 09:31 AM
That was their game against UND. They got their revenge pelt and won’t slow down until Streveler gets hurt.
https://blog.kissmetrics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/riiight.gif

dewey
October 6th, 2017, 10:08 AM

That was their game against UND.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26236&stc=1

Dewey

Yote 53
October 6th, 2017, 10:08 AM

Dakota Days normally does sell out, we could be playing Valpo (or insert any other name here) and it would sell out, but go ahead and keep thinking this is about YSU.

CappinHard
October 6th, 2017, 10:11 AM

Yes, I'm sure they were much more concerned about UND than any of the MVFC teams. You guys should probably focus on doing well while you're in the Big Fluffy. If you're at the bottom there, I don't have much hope for UND in the Valley.

ytownchief22
October 6th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Dakota Days normally does sell out, we could be playing Valpo (or insert any other name here) and it would sell out, but go ahead and keep thinking this is about YSU.

Take a chill pill buddy.

goyotes
October 6th, 2017, 11:36 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26237&stc=1

ysubigred
October 6th, 2017, 11:50 AM

Classic! Just having a friendly discussion with a player after pulling a bone head stunt xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
October 6th, 2017, 11:56 AM

OMG this is classic coming from a und troll. Hell any game you guys have in any sport against NDSU is your superbowl so I wouldn't be crowing to loud xnonox

Bison56
October 6th, 2017, 01:32 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26240&stc=1

Yotes21
October 6th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Everyone always says it our Super Bowl when we play them. I guess we have 7 Super Bowls left this season.

Yote 53
October 6th, 2017, 04:02 PM

The trainer girl's expression is priceless.

Schism55
October 6th, 2017, 04:07 PM
The trainer girl's expression is priceless.
That expression says, "I think i just pooped a little" :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2017, 04:02 AM
OMG this is classic coming from a und troll. Hell any game you guys have in any sport against NDSU is your superbowl so I wouldn't be crowing to loud xnonox

This here.

The trolling will magnify 100X when they get into the conference. The UND rubes will come out of the woodwork.

Their season is history now....good!

Bubbles didn't have the depth and it shows.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2017, 04:18 AM
Streveler has more carries than any of our RBs by over 30 carries, iirc.

If USD keeps running him that much, he won't last the season.

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 08:42 AM
This here.

The trolling will magnify 100X when they get into the conference. The UND rubes will come out of the woodwork.

Their season is history now....good!

Bubbles didn't have the depth and it shows.UND is going to make an amazing comeback, they will get some of their key people back and make a run at the BSC conference title, on that you can bet the ranch #bookit

geaux_sioux
October 7th, 2017, 11:04 AM
UND is going to make an amazing comeback, they will get some of their key people back and make a run at the BSC conference title, on that you can bet the ranch #bookit

#****it is more like it right now

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 11:29 AM
UND is going to make an amazing comeback, they will get some of their key people back and make a run at the BSC conference title, on that you can bet the ranch #bookit

:D

I see what you did there.

Bisonator
October 7th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Yotes get a big win today at home 27-21.

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 11:58 AM
I have some $ on Youngstown, +6 just too good to pass up. However I'm ok with Yotes winning.
I think YSU O line wears down Yotes D second half.
Will Streveler be upright at the end of the game if they keep running him like they have?

ST_Lawson
October 7th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Will Streveler be upright at the end of the game if they keep running him like they have?

He's pretty tough, but if they keep running him like they have, I'm not sure he's going to be in one piece at the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
October 7th, 2017, 12:36 PM

why did you burn one on that; what a waste.

GUINSTIGATOR
October 7th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster!

Penguins 24
Coyotes 17

GO GUINS!

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster!

Penguins 24
Coyotes 17

GO GUINS!
Welcome to the pirate ship!

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 02:19 PM
YSU 7-0

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Streveler 15ish yd TD pass.
7-7

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 02:46 PM
So far the Coyotes look legit.

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 03:00 PM
So far the Coyotes look legit.
Absolutely.
14-7 USD
8:04 2nd

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Absolutely.
14-7 USD
8:04 2nd

That was some nice running on 4th down to keep the legs churning to get into the endzone.

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 03:12 PM
McCaster 3 yd td run, second of the day for him.
14-14
4:38 2nd

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Tied up. Great game.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:14 PM
Tied up. Great game.

This is why the Valley is the best conference in football.

Nielsen is proving what was beginning to happen at WIU, was no fluke. That said, had he been given the full resources to win both on and off the field, I think he would have stayed. The FCOA looks like it is paying off as well as paying his assistant coaches competitive pay across the board is making a huge difference at USeD.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Strevler just looked cool under pressure right there.

Minnesota must be hating themselves that they chose Mitch Leidner over Chris Strevler. Nothing better than the Gophers shooting their program in the foot over and over.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 03:19 PM
What a nice NFL looking throw by USD QB.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Van Ruekel needs to come down with that.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Streveler is just making this YSU defense look like Swiss Cheese.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 03:23 PM
I'll be going to UNI-USD. At least I should be watching 1 good team. :)

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Wow, with almost double coverage, Van Ruekel comes down with the catch and Streveler gets another TD

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Yotes retake the lead!

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Streveler is looking like the best QB in the Valley. MN really let him go? Throws with nice zip and spiral.

flyrod
October 7th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Nice throw and catch by SD to take the lead.
I love this HULU TV can stream almost every FCS game worthwhile that's not a CAA game....gives me something to watch since my DUKES are on a bye week.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Streveler is looking like the best QB in the Valley. MN really let him go? Throws with nice zip and spiral.

Mitch Leidner was a joke, and Streveler had the skills, (see the first few games of the 2014 season for the Gophers), but Minnesota is a joke so I am glad they continue to fail.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Streveler is just rifling them out of the backfield.

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Mitch Leidner was a joke, and Streveler had the skills, (see the first few games of the 2014 season for the Gophers), but Minnesota is a joke so I am glad they continue to fail.

^^^^This right here. Mitch Leidner was mediocore at best for the Gophers. I was amazed to see him in the potential first round NFL draft projections before his senior year.

What a get for USD.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:33 PM
^^^^This right here. Mitch Leidner was terrible for the Gophers.

What a get for USD.

Dewey

How does Kill let this guy slip through the cracks? Usually he is spot on, but he swung and missed with this one.

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 03:34 PM
How does Kill let this guy slip through the cracks? Usually he is spot on, but he swung and missed with this one.

Phillip Nelson was better and he was the starter over Leidner.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Phillip Nelson was better and he was the starter over Leidner.

Dewey

I do not remember Nelson being that good though? I thought he was mediocre at best. That said, Nelson, will always be remembered for his bar altercation in Mankato.

underdawg
October 7th, 2017, 03:41 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Wow both teams look pretty good--looks like a MAC playoff game..21-14 Yotes at half

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Wow both teams look pretty good--looks like a MAC playoff game
Agreed. I think USD and YSU are both going be hard to beat, even for NDSU.

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 03:42 PM
I do not remember Nelson being that good though? I thought he was mediocre at best. That said, Nelson, will always be remembered for his bar altercation in Mankato.Yes. Nelson will be remembered for what happened in Mankato outside the bar.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Twentysix
October 7th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Nice throw and catch by SD to take the lead.
I love this HULU TV can stream almost every FCS game worthwhile that's not a CAA game....gives me something to watch since my DUKES are on a bye week.

Awesome

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 04:00 PM
USD is pretty good and I have no idea how this happened.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 04:01 PM
What a catch and broken tackle!

USeD with the YUGE TD

28-14

12:48 left in the 3rd Q

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 04:02 PM
71 yard td pass.
WR out of the slot absolutely murdering YSU.
28-14 Yotes

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 04:03 PM
We ran off all the USD posters, and turns out that they might be the 2nd best team in the MVFC this year. WTF.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 04:05 PM
We ran off all the USD posters, and turns out that they might be the 2nd best team in the MVFC this year. WTF.

They were nothing but emotional fair weather fans. Serves them right. xlolx

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 04:08 PM
USed is looking really good. Another 3 and out.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Streveler is just standing in the pocket waiting for a receiver to be open. Is it possible that USeD is a top 3 team right now? Not saying YSU is still not a top 10 by any means, but that USeD has a good shot at winning the Valley and a high seed?

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 04:14 PM
Streveler is just standing in the pocket waiting for a receiver to be open. Is it possible that USeD is a top 3 team right now? Not saying YSU is still not a top 10 by any means, but that USeD has a good shot at winning the Valley and a high seed?
If they can beat NDSU, I don't see how they don't win the valley. Streveler kinda reminds me of Wentz. Watching a couple of JMU games, I don't know if JMU beats them either.

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Geez USD...maybe play a lil run D xeyebrowx
28-21 USD
3:56 3rd

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 04:21 PM
If they can beat NDSU, I don't see how they don't win the valley. Streveler kinda reminds me of Wentz. Watching a couple of JMU games, I don't know if JMU beats them either.

The problem is, their defense is continually in a bend not break mindset and that only works for so long.

28-21 USeD

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 04:21 PM
TD YSU. Game back on. 28-21 USD

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 04:38 PM
'Guins QB is bad, oof

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 04:40 PM
Terrible call on USD, huge

Drblankstare
October 7th, 2017, 04:41 PM
I have no idea what targeting is anymore, I really don't. Every group of refs seems to interrupt it differently

POD Knows
****ing officials continue to insert themselves into game, these targeting calls are almost always wrong.

TheKingpin28
Is that targeting? I mean if the NDSU game is targeting then this is targeting X 10. What are these refs seeing? Honestly, targeting was meant to get rid of high hits using the crown, but come on!

gregatim
October 7th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Terrible call on USD, huge

Uhm, he launched himself and hits the quarterback in the head. Some of the other **** I've seen called and targeting upheld I don't see how they reversed that. Bad reversal if you ask me.

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 04:43 PM
They reversed it, get it right the first time dickweeds.

Drblankstare
October 7th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Oh Bo Pelini, never stop being a sore dick

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 04:54 PM
BS holding call on USD, refs keeping YSU in the game

gregatim
October 7th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Now that is a bad targeting call.

Drblankstare
Another targeting call on USD, maybe a PF, but no way targeting

BisonFan02
Targeting?

TheKingpin28
How the hell is that targeting?

FIRE THESE ****ING HORRIBLE REFS!

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:03 PM
How the hell is that targeting?

FIRE THESE ****ING HORRIBLE REFS!
They have hit the QB late about 3 times. Should've been a late hit.

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Is anyone else commenting on this game besides us NDSU fans?

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:06 PM
They have hit the QB late about 3 times. Should've been a late hit.

I can see late hit, but targeting? These refs either need to call it right, or not call it at all.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Is anyone else commenting on this game besides us NDSU fans?

Dewey
YSU fans on their site. South Dakota site looks kinda dead. They are probably at the game.
28-28
3:49 in the 4th.

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Tie game!!

NDSUtk
October 7th, 2017, 05:09 PM
**** got real in Vermillion. Not sure who I'm even cheering for right now. Just enjoying a good game.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 05:09 PM
I am cheering for the Penguins....I picked them in the MVFC picks.

Dewey

The Yo Show
October 7th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Ysu needs a stop here. Way to much time left for them to eat and then score...

Drblankstare
October 7th, 2017, 05:13 PM
That stop was probably the game for YSU. This has been a great game

birdsflyhigh
October 7th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Good game at USD...gotta love Valley ball :)

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:17 PM
I cannot believe that they called the same play twice.

The Yo Show
October 7th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Oh man. Why did we run 2 straight down? Needed to move the ball

- - - Updated - - -

That might be the ball game.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Giving Streveler the ball with 1:34 left and probably near mid-field is going to be interesting.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:19 PM
I would've taken a small screen on the first away from the pressure. Bad play calling by YSU OC. Playing not to lose.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Why even try to block him? Let him go especially since you are at mid-field. Dumb play by #13

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 05:20 PM
I would've taken a small screen on the first away from the pressure. Bad play calling by YSU OC. Playing not to lose.

Totally

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Damn, that was a close pick-6. Extremely bad throw by Streveler.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Now playing max protect on to get SD a new 1st down. Anyway they are in almost field goal range.

Drblankstare
October 7th, 2017, 05:23 PM
USD tripping on their dick a little in this final drive.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:23 PM
29 seconds left. 51ish yard field goal. If they throw now, they leave too much time.

Lurker
October 7th, 2017, 05:24 PM
Big play for SD

Drblankstare
USD tripping on their dick a little in this final drive.

Strevler fixes that with a great throw

TheKingpin28
They are playing for the FG. Horrible decision IMO. YUGE penalty on USeD and it takes the clock down to :29

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Nice throw. Game over probably.

The Yo Show
And ballgame

Lurker
South Dakota takes 3 point lead with 7sec to go

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:26 PM
What a play by Streveler and Van Roegel!

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:27 PM
7 seconds left. Come on YSU, time for Aaron Rodgers to show up.

Lurker
October 7th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Ball game SD wins 31-28

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Game over.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:31 PM
YSU should not have played for OT. Shameful play calling for the last offensive possession.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:32 PM
This was an amazing game and no reason to believe that both teams are not in the top 5. YSU with a hell of a comeback attempt and USeD has some problems with letting teams back into games. One of the best games of the season so far and more proof that the Valley will be a juggernaut and that no team is a lock for the Valley auto-bid.

Schism55
I have some $ on Youngstown, +6 just too good to pass up. However I'm ok with Yotes winning.
I think YSU O line wears down Yotes D second half.
Chaaaaaaaaaaa-ching!!
Whores and blow on me tonight fellas xlolx

PantherRob82
Karma for Pelini. :)

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2017, 05:33 PM
This was an amazing game and no reason to believe that both teams are not in the top 5. YSU with a hell of a comeback attempt and USeD has some problems with letting teams back into games. One of the best games of the season so far and more proof that the Valley will be a juggernaut and that no team is a lock for the Valley auto-bid.

No NDSU is still a lock for the Valley auto-bid.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Can they just go back to letting the sideline reporter interview everyone and then just keep the camera stuck on her? Is that really too much to ask?

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:35 PM

Don't say that. Is USeD can figure out a way to keep teams from coming back into the games, no reason to believe they cannot be an auto-bid team from the Valley. I still think, as of right now, it is NDSU's to lose, but with the way the Yotes have been playing, they should scare every team in the Valley.

NDSUtk
October 7th, 2017, 05:36 PM
This was an amazing game and no reason to believe that both teams are not in the top 5. YSU with a hell of a comeback attempt and USeD has some problems with letting teams back into games. One of the best games of the season so far and more proof that the Valley will be a juggernaut and that no team is a lock for the Valley auto-bid.Naw, CitDog will recommend dropping them down at least 13 spots.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:38 PM
According to CitDog new YSU ranking 20. Wofford 3, WSU 5.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Naw, CitDog will recommend dropping them down at least 13 spots.

Well he's right you know...

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Don't say that. Is USeD can figure out a way to keep teams from coming back into the games, no reason to believe they cannot be an auto-bid team from the Valley. I still think, as of right now, it is NDSU's to lose, but with the way the Yotes have been playing, they should scare every team in the Valley.

USD doesn't have the defense to keep with a team that will stop them like NDSU will. Now USD is for real and might be 2nd best, but I don't see anyone beating NDSU this year again.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:58 PM
USD doesn't have the defense to keep with a team that will stop them like NDSU will. Now USD is for real and might be 2nd best, but I don't see anyone beating NDSU this year again.

Farley will find a way to make the game close, regardless of UNI's record. #truth

I would love for NDSU to go 15-0 but that has only happened 1x in the last 6 years and 1x in the 5 years of championships.

Drblankstare
October 7th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Chaaaaaaaaaaa-ching!!
Whores and blow on me tonight fellas xlolx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26250&stc=1

Paladin1aa
October 7th, 2017, 06:17 PM
After reading the YSU board, here's my thoughts -- YSU has a very average D. You aren't going to win many games giving up 31 pts. As for the O, I told most of you clowns Mays wasn't much of a QB, doesn't pass well, is prone to mistakes under pressure and only an average runner. There are more games to lose yet in the MVFC.

And, YBR, Monty isn't the worst OC. It's Klacik hands down . Not even closexlolx

TennBison
October 7th, 2017, 06:28 PM
YSU and 6? That wouldn't even be gambling. That'd be an investment. xthumbsupxBased on your idea of an investment, you must be 1 million in debt and have to work until you die because you placed all your retirement money in that iceberg company in Arizona.

SoupCity85
October 7th, 2017, 06:31 PM
That's a good football team, congrats USD. Reed is out with a separate shoulder, he is pretty much the one guy who can get pressure continuously. Play calling at several points during the game was questionable. You cannot expect YSUs LBs to cover one on one speed guys, they lose that one EVERY TIME. As good as YSU lines play was last week, absolutely horrible this week. Winnable game for YSU that ends up a loss. I would assume that there goes the crowd for next weekend, just provided an excuse for everyone to not show up.

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Based on your idea of an investment, you must be 1 million in debt and have to work until you die because you placed all your retirement money in that iceberg company in Arizona.
Umm YSU was getting 6 points there champ

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 06:37 PM
YSU lost the game with the stupid conservative play calling at the end. You have the ball, and trying to make USD use their timeouts? Now if USD did not have timeouts running the clock a little, maybe I can understand. Still there are some trick, not seen as much running plays. Then you see them loading on the right against the run, and do it again on the 2nd down? Then on 3rd trying to try to throw long? Use a stick route, play underneath the coverage and at least give your team a chance. And all my experience with football is playing flag. Grown ass OC's should be able to figure this out.

cx500d
October 7th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Can they just go back to letting the sideline reporter interview everyone and then just keep the camera stuck on her? Is that really too much to ask?

Yeah, where's that link to her bikini shots?

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Yeah, where's that link to her bikini shots?

You know where to find it. Maybe try and go to a board that is not part of the "FCS Dicussion"...

cx500d
October 7th, 2017, 08:15 PM
You know where to find it. Maybe try and go to a board that is not part of the "FCS Dicussion"...
not seeing it... forgot her name too

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 08:15 PM

Just google, 6pm Midco Sports Female host or something along those lines. I think she has an instaphoto or whatever the hell that app is called.

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Not a fan of her fake tan and fake boobs, but....
Instagram...... kelly_stewart

Bisonator
October 7th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Yotes get a big win today at home 27-21.
Wrong score but right about the big win. Looks like USD is going to be a tough out this year.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 08:26 PM

Hopefully BB and UAH don't see this. :D

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Hopefully BB and UAH don't see this. :D

Her voice, however, is not the most pleasant voice I have heard.

cx500d
October 7th, 2017, 08:35 PM

yep, one really good one there...

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't realize the other midco hottie was married to Trevor Gebhart.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 08:36 PM
yep, one really good one there...

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that was well known among the Bison faithful.

cx500d
October 7th, 2017, 08:41 PM
I thought that was well known among the Bison faithful.

I was probably sleeping or overseas or both when that happened.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 08:43 PM
I was probably sleeping or overseas or both when that happened.

All I know is that he did quite well for himself.

cx500d
October 7th, 2017, 08:45 PM
All I know is that he did quite well for himself.

Yeah...Maybe I should take up facebook

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Yeah...Maybe I should take up facebook

MySpace or GTFO :D

Penguin Nation
October 7th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Based on your idea of an investment, you must be 1 million in debt and have to work until you die because you placed all your retirement money in that iceberg company in Arizona.

YSU covered and I knew they would. IMO ppl who closely follow FCS can find gems like this game where the oddsmakers are off. No reason to blow a hemorrhoid over it.

cx500d
October 7th, 2017, 09:15 PM

They grow a lot of icebergs (lettuce) in Yuma, AZ.

CappinHard
October 7th, 2017, 09:28 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3oeSAXCqOrDqoYlwqs/200w.gif

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 09:32 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3oeSAXCqOrDqoYlwqs/200w.gif

But tell us how you really feel...

Thumper 76
October 7th, 2017, 10:50 PM
For the amount of times I’ve been told this by NDSU fans it’s mildly refreshing to see someone who doesn’t know that.

penguinpower
October 7th, 2017, 11:47 PM
Home field advantage mattered in this game.

cx500d
October 7th, 2017, 11:51 PM
Home field advantage mattered in this game.

Was Kelly Stewart distracting your rapists?

penguinpower
October 8th, 2017, 06:42 AM
Here are my views on this game.

1.YSU was play calling was poor most of the game.
2. Injuries are mounting for YSU and this will be a problem next week as well. multiple people were injured in the SDSU game including the starting An.
3. If YSU was at full strength they are better than USD. But they weren't and they lost.
4. USD is a good team, but and can be beaten.
5. At some point the USD QB will be injured. He has taken a number of hits and It will eventually take its toll.
6. The schedule is horrible for YSU. I'm calling it now, bit I don't think they win next week. They won't be able to neat the top 10 teams woth the back up AN.
7. The back up QB for YSU showed his limitations. NDSU will exploit it next week.
8. I like YSU in a rematch.

- - - Updated - - -

Who the **** is Kelly Stuart?

NoVABison
October 8th, 2017, 07:21 AM

MIDCO sideline Reporter for USD Games

This link should answer your question:

https://www.instagram.com/kelly_stewart/?hl=en

Paladin1aa
October 8th, 2017, 08:17 AM
While Stewart is attractive, she looked so "plastic". Understand she was a USD jock ?

Twentysix
October 8th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Everyone always says it our Super Bowl when we play them. I guess we have 7 Super Bowls left this season.

honestly if it keeps your players up for every game. Then thats ****ing great.

Penguin Nation
October 8th, 2017, 09:23 AM

That plus with the drunk girls in the student section, there was no chance of focusing on the game.

NDSUtk
October 8th, 2017, 10:57 AM

2. Injuries are mounting for YSU and this will be a problem next week as well. multiple people were injured in the SDSU game including the starting An.
3. If YSU was at full strength they are better than USD. But they weren't and they lost.
5. At some point the USD QB will be injured. He has taken a number of hits and It will eventually take its toll.
6. The schedule is horrible for YSU. I'm calling it now, bit I don't think they win next week. They won't be able to neat the top 10 teams woth the back up AN.
7. The back up QB for YSU showed his limitations. NDSU will exploit it next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Who the **** is Kelly Stuart?I must be missing something obvious here but what position is AN that you are relying on a backup?

penguinpower
October 8th, 2017, 11:10 AM
QB. damn phone changes it as I type.

penguinpower
October 8th, 2017, 11:12 AM
btw what was up with the targeting flags getting reversed? is that still roughing the passer?

Schism55
October 8th, 2017, 12:13 PM

- - - Updated - - -

1, 1a and 1b should be your defensive coaching staffs' inability to find a way to slow down the slot receiver, he murdered your team.
NDSU been killing teams from the slot as well, so you have that to look forward to.

Coyote Fan
October 8th, 2017, 12:31 PM
The Coyotes were missing some players as well, especially on defense. The Coyotes best line backer was out and they are without their starting left tackle as well. People have been saying that Streveler will get hurt for weeks now and he just keeps getting back up with authority. He is not the typical quarterback build so can take hits that most quarterbacks can't. He actually did a better job of not taking as many hits against Youngstown as he normally does. I do agree that if this game were in Youngstown I think the Pens probably win. Many people said pre game that the Pens would wear down the Coyotes with their depth but people failed to mention how the Coyotes hurry up offense can really wear down a defense, even one as good as Youngstown. People also fail to realize that the Coyotes now have good depth too, and if they didn't they probably would have a loss by now.

awBison
October 8th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Its always tough to say for sure until the teams actually play each other but I think YSU and USD will be very tough games for NDSU.
NDSU losing both of those games would not surprise me a bit. Those were two very talented well coached teams playing.

RabidRabbit
October 8th, 2017, 01:17 PM
USD demonstrated that they have a good defense. They shut down the YSU offense much better then their Northern Neighbors. Along with a good offensive performance the yotes demonstrated that they are a force in the FCS.