Nicholls

BEAR
October 1st, 2017, 09:14 PM
SHSU
HBU
McNeese
SLU
Nicholls

xconfusedx Man I hope not! I don't think even Dolan is ready for Battle or Crossley. Since the series started 3 years ago UCA has out scored HBU 163-20 and is 3-0 vs the Huskies.

Note: The SHSU v SFA game is at a neutral site. Also known as the Battle of the Piney Woods.

bonarae
October 1st, 2017, 10:48 PM
SHSU
UCA
McNeese
SLU
Nicholls

Wildcat1997
October 1st, 2017, 11:56 PM
All games October 7, 2017

SHSU v SFA
UCA v HBU
McNeese v ACU
UIW v SLU
NWST v NichollsSHSU
UCA
McNeese(In a closer game than a lot of people expect)
SLU
Nicholls

katss07
October 2nd, 2017, 06:39 AM
SHSU
UCA
ACU
SLU
Nicholls

BEAR
October 2nd, 2017, 08:49 AM
Massey Ratings for the SLC after Saturdays's games:

5. Sam Houston
7. UCA
25. Nicholls
28. McNeese
69. SLU
78. ACU
81. SFA
100. NWST
107. HBU
108. Lamar
120. UIW

BEAR
October 2nd, 2017, 08:53 AM
Massey Ratings chances of teams winning this weekend:

ll games October 7, 2017

SHSU 94% v SFA 6%
UCA 99% v HBU 1%
McNeese 82% v ACU 18%
UIW 8% v SLU 92%
NWST 6% v Nicholls 94%

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2017, 09:04 AM
SHSU v SFA
UCA v HBU
McNeese v ACU
UIW v SLU
NWST v Nicholls

TheRevSFA
October 2nd, 2017, 09:06 AM
Sam should have a 99.9 percent chance of winning this game.

SFA is a dumpster fire this year.

Daytripper
October 2nd, 2017, 09:27 AM
SHSU v SFA - Sammy will be pissed.
UCA v HBU - This will be closer than people think
McNeese v ACU
UIW v SLU
NWST v Nicholls

BEAR
October 2nd, 2017, 09:32 AM
Media schedule for this week's games:

Saturday, Oct. 7
Stephen F. Austin vs. Sam Houston State, 1 p.m. CT, ESPN3
UIW at Southeastern Louisiana, 4 p.m. CT, Southland Digital Network
Central Arkansas at Houston Baptist, 6 p.m. CT, FOX Sports Southwest Plus
Northwestern State at Nicholls, 6:30 p.m. CT, Cox Sports TV/ESPN3
McNeese at Abilene Christian, 7 p.m. CT, Eleven Sports

Serpentor
October 2nd, 2017, 09:37 AM
SHSU v SFA - Oh, who gives a **** anymore?
UCA v HBU - snrk, I like you HBU, but no, just no
McNeese v ACU - Tabary should come alive this game
UIW v SLU - SELA extends it's win streak
NWST v Nicholls - Rivalry game and Nicholls is definitely on the upswing these past few seasons

BEAR
October 2nd, 2017, 09:39 AM
SHSU v SFA - Sammy will be pissed.
UCA v HBU - This will be closer than people think
McNeese v ACU
UIW v SLU
NWST v Nicholls

You might be right. HBU has improved as a team overall. I've said all year Dolan is a beast and he makes his DLINE better. Cody Moncure is rolling on D too. HBU is only allowing 22 pts per game which is good for second best defense in the conference behind McNeese (Keep in mind the teams behind them played FBS and upper level FCS teams) . But they are hard to figure out. They lost to ACU 24-3 but ACU lost to SFA 20-10, a team that is struggling. The SLC.... xeyebrowx

BEAR
October 2nd, 2017, 09:54 AM
Massey's predictions for W/L for each team the rest of the year as of Oct. 2.

UCA 10-1
Sam 10-1
McNeese 9-2
Nicholls 9-2
SFA 5-6
SLU 5-6
ACU 3-8
Lamar 2-9
HBU 2-9
NWST 2-9
UIW 0-11

McCowboys
October 2nd, 2017, 12:09 PM
Sam should have a 99.9 percent chance of winning this game.

SFA is a dumpster fire this year.

I was wondering how much of a difference Foster Sawyer would have made against the Cowboys, but if he were to have had limited mobility (at least Blumrick was able to scramble) because the Cowboys had little trouble with the 'Jacks offensive line, I don't know if it would have been much better for the home team. Offensively, the Cowboys played its best game of the year and, instead of just running the ball here and there, actually established a rushing attack, and the SFA defense had little answer for that.

That was the fifth game in a row where the visiting team had won! I hope the Cowboys can break that streak next season!

Unless some miracle happens between now and Saturday, I don't think SFA has a snowballs chance in you know where of winning. I just don't see them outscoring the Bearkats.

TheRevSFA
October 2nd, 2017, 12:43 PM
I was wondering how much of a difference Foster Sawyer would have made against the Cowboys, but if he were to have had limited mobility (at least Blumrick was able to scramble) because the Cowboys had little trouble with the 'Jacks offensive line, I don't know if it would have been much better for the home team. Offensively, the Cowboys played its best game of the year and, instead of just running the ball here and there, actually established a rushing attack, and the SFA defense had little answer for that.

That was the fifth game in a row where the visiting team had won! I hope the Cowboys can break that streak next season!

Unless some miracle happens between now and Saturday, I don't think SFA has a snowballs chance in you know where of winning. I just don't see them outscoring the Bearkats.

The only way SFA has a chance at winning is Conque stopping with the bubble screens...and a defense that can actually play man on Sam.

It's gonna get ugly quickly and I am going to be drunk.

Edit: my spare is gone. Someone wanted to see the ****show

Sammy94
October 2nd, 2017, 12:49 PM
I'll go with the majority

SHSU v SFA
UCA v HBU
McNeese v ACU
UIW v SLU
NWST v Nicholls

TheRevSFA
October 2nd, 2017, 01:17 PM
I'll go with the majority

SHSU v SFA
UCA v HBU
McNeese v ACU
UIW v SLU
NWST v Nicholls

You on the chain gang this weekend?

Daytripper
October 2nd, 2017, 01:40 PM
Massey's predictions for W/L for each team the rest of the year as of Oct. 2.

UCA 10-1
Sam 10-1
McNeese 9-2
Nicholls 9-2
SFA 5-6
SLU 5-6
ACU 3-8
Lamar 2-9
HBU 2-9
NWST 2-9
UIW 0-11

If it plays out like this, the SLC could get 4 in the playoffs, depending on who the bubble teams are.

McCowboys
October 2nd, 2017, 01:46 PM
If it plays out like this, the SLC could get 4 in the playoffs, depending on who the bubble teams are.

Depending on who those 4 teams might be, there could be some SLC vs. SLC matchups in the first round (or second round if some receive byes) considering McNeese and Sam will not face off against one another in the regular season, nor will Nicholls and UCA.

Katfan
October 2nd, 2017, 02:10 PM
The only way SFA has a chance at winning is Conque stopping with the bubble screens...and a defense that can actually play man on Sam.

It's gonna get ugly quickly and I am going to be drunk.

McCowboys I've got a spare ticket if you want to see the **** show
Just throw to your backs out of the backfield. We don’t bother covering them.

Katfan
October 2nd, 2017, 02:15 PM
SHSU v SFA
UCA v HBU
McNeese v ACU
UIW v SLU
NWST v Nicholls

Sammy94
October 2nd, 2017, 02:35 PM
You on the chain gang this weekend?

Nope, SFA is the "home" team this year. I'll get to tailgate and drink as much as I want on Sat.!!!

TheRevSFA
October 2nd, 2017, 02:49 PM
Nope, SFA is the "home" team this year. I'll get to tailgate and drink as much as I want on Sat.!!!

Text me. I'll be on the Sammy side since I have a deal with SkaKat about which side hosts the tailgate (needless to say I haven't hosted in 6 years)

Hope to run into you big guy.

BEAR
October 2nd, 2017, 02:53 PM
Looking at who has what left in the SLC that might pose a stumbling block to finish the year:

SHSU: SLU
UCA: McNeese
SLU: SHSU, McNeese, Nicholls
McNeese: UCA, SLU
Nicholls: SLU
SFA: SHSU, UCA, Nicholls
Lamar: SHSU, UCA, McNeese
HBU: UCA, SLU, Nich, SHSU
NWST: Nicholls, SHSU, UCA, McNeese
ACU: McNeese, Nicholls, SLU, SHSU, UCA
UIW: Everyone

There is no such things as a sure win for any team. The teams listed above are the likely tough teams for the games left in conference looking at what has happened already and how the teams are playing. If SLU has their QB back and healthy they will be TOUGH. Of course every team wants to play the spoiler if they have nothing to lose.

Likely in Playoffs: (Again, going by what we've seen and knowing the SLC to get 4 in....not likely.)

Best possibilities: Possible 9 win teams. I think this is where SOS comes into play.

UCA: Should reach 9 or 10 wins.
SHSU: Should reach 9 or 10 wins.
Nicholls: Could reach 9 wins. Still have to get by SLU last game of the season.
McNeese: Could reach 9 or 10 wins. Heavily favored in all games except UCA ( 19% ) but a bit more against SLU. ( 69% )

On the bubble: Possible 8 win teams. This total may not be enough to get a spot even if they win out.

SLU: If they win out, they will be 8-3. One more loss and the teams above are too much.
ACU: If they win out, they will be 8-3, same scenario as SLU.
SFA: Same scenario as ACU and SLU. Lumberjack fate will be sealed in BOTPW against SHSU who will be on fire after the loss to UCA. IF not, then at UCA the next game in Conway.

Likely out:

Lamar: Most wins they can get is 7.
NWST; Most wins they could get is 8 BUT they have Nicholls, SHSU, UCA and McNeese left. Ouch.
HBU: While improved, a loss this saturday would put them at MAX 7 wins with too many better opponent left. VERY unlikely.
UIW: 7 games left...Not favored in ANY..some with a 1%, 1%, 3%, 5%, and 8% chance. Time to play spoiler.

Catatonic
October 2nd, 2017, 05:12 PM
Looking at who has what left in the SLC that might pose a stumbling block to finish the year:

SHSU: SLU
UCA: McNeese
SLU: SHSU, McNeese, Nicholls
McNeese: UCA, SLU
Nicholls: SLU
SFA: SHSU, UCA, Nicholls
Lamar: SHSU, UCA, McNeese
HBU: UCA, SLU, Nich, SHSU
NWST: Nicholls, SHSU, UCA, McNeese
ACU: McNeese, Nicholls, SLU, SHSU, UCA
UIW: Everyone

There is no such things as a sure win for any team. The teams listed above are the likely tough teams for the games left in conference looking at what has happened already and how the teams are playing. If SLU has their QB back and healthy they will be TOUGH. Of course every team wants to play the spoiler if they have nothing to lose.

Likely in Playoffs: (Again, going by what we've seen and knowing the SLC to get 4 in....not likely.)

Best possibilities: Possible 9 win teams. I think this is where SOS comes into play.

UCA: Should reach 9 or 10 wins.
SHSU: Should reach 9 or 10 wins.
Nicholls: Could reach 9 wins. Still have to get by SLU last game of the season.
McNeese: Could reach 9 or 10 wins. Heavily favored in all games except UCA ( 19% ) but a bit more against SLU. ( 69% )

On the bubble: Possible 8 win teams. This total may not be enough to get a spot even if they win out.

SLU: If they win out, they will be 8-3. One more loss and the teams above are too much.
ACU: If they win out, they will be 8-3, same scenario as SLU.
SFA: Same scenario as ACU and SLU. Lumberjack fate will be sealed in BOTPW against SHSU who will be on fire after the loss to UCA. IF not, then at UCA the next game in Conway.

Likely out:

Lamar: Most wins they can get is 7.
NWST; Most wins they could get is 8 BUT they have Nicholls, SHSU, UCA and McNeese left. Ouch.
HBU: While improved, a loss this saturday would put them at MAX 7 wins with too many better opponent left. VERY unlikely.
UIW: 7 games left...Not favored in ANY..some with a 1%, 1%, 3%, 5%, and 8% chance. Time to play spoiler.
I recently saw an analysis similar to this for FBS teams. 90 plus teams out of 130 are are pretty much out of contention for the play offs before the mid point of the season.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2017, 10:18 AM
I recently saw an analysis similar to this for FBS teams. 90 plus teams out of 130 are are pretty much out of contention for the play offs before the mid point of the season.

That's scary. I like to look at things like this because it kinda gives a view of how the teams are playing, what they have left, and how they might matchup against that schedule. But I also know that all it takes is a critical injury and a team falls apart in some cases. Even a team that is not in contention for the title or the playoffs can get a thrill out of being a spoiler.

Serpentor
October 3rd, 2017, 10:53 AM

That the whole reason why they invented their participation-trophy bowl games. Fans and boosters bitching about all the money they spent supporting teams that go 8-4 for the season and nothing to show for it.

dbackjon
October 3rd, 2017, 12:04 PM
SHSU
UCA
McNeese
SLU
Nicholls

Catatonic
October 3rd, 2017, 04:00 PM
That the whole reason why they invented their participation-trophy bowl games. Fans and boosters bitching about all the money they spent supporting teams that go 8-4 for the season and nothing to show for it.

Realistically, no G5 team with even a single loss is going to the 4 team FBS playoff. P5 teams that already have two losses are pretty much out as well. That leaves only 40 or so out of 130 FBS teams still in contention and that number will shrink considerably over the next couple of weeks. Everyone else is looking for a bowl bid, preferably one where it is warm in December.

BEAR
October 4th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Any injuries or news from SLC teams this week that might change our picks?

UCA- None.

BEAR
October 4th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Man this thread is dead...where are the SLC fans?

Caption this photo: Let's see some humor for these two QBs Briscoe and Hildebrand..

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26223&stc=1

Rogaine...it doesn't work ..xlolx

Daytripper
October 4th, 2017, 02:22 PM

Caption this photo: Let's see some humor for these two QBs Briscoe and Hildebrand..

"Enjoy your stats."

McNeese75
October 4th, 2017, 02:24 PM

UCA- None.

None that were not their last week as far as I know

cx500d
October 4th, 2017, 07:23 PM

Thanks for not making it 65-7

cx500d
October 4th, 2017, 07:25 PM

Looks like the food is better at UCA judging by the spare tire you are carrying

Schism55
October 4th, 2017, 08:15 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26225&stc=1

lionsrking2
October 4th, 2017, 10:42 PM

UCA- None.

We still have some guys dinged up but getting healthier, primarily at the QB position. One at a time.

BEAR
October 5th, 2017, 06:41 AM

Why does this scene remind me of the movie The Longest Yard?

BEAR
October 5th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Time changes for two SLC games due to yet another hurricane...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26230&stc=1

Wildcat1997
October 5th, 2017, 08:02 PM
We have 2 changes to the depth chart this week, Tracy James takes over at starting RB, which I'm actually really excited about because he's been by far the best RB this season for us and and I think his skill set fits Dorrel's offense best. Also Texas transfer Erik Huhn takes over at SS due to injury. Having an athletic 6'3 former P5 player as a backup is a great luxury to have and I'm glad he's here.

BEAR
October 5th, 2017, 09:48 PM
I just heard Sammy already scored...xwhistlex

Serpentor
October 5th, 2017, 10:31 PM
Time changes for two SLC games due to yet another hurricane...

Jeez, **** this hurricane season...

BEAR
October 6th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Has Visited? ...um...have....maybe...am I wrong? xlolx I hate grammar...xcoffeex

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYvABQVoAEot9M.jpg

Serpentor
October 6th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Has Visited? ...um...have....maybe...am I wrong? xlolx I hate grammar...xcoffeex

I can haz football team?

BEAR
October 6th, 2017, 11:42 AM
I can haz football team?

I am haz futbol' sqwad...

It's kinda cool to see reps from the NFL at the games. They wear their team polos, carry clipboards and don't say a word to anyone. They're on their phones an awful lot to be watching the talent on the field. A couple of years ago I had one ask me about Dez Lewis. I responded that all he does is make plays, run smart and catch everything. As I was saying that he caught a pass on the sideline area and broke a run for a TD for like 97 yards or something like that. I looked at the scout and said "see". xlolx

pokefan02
October 6th, 2017, 12:26 PM
That is almost exactly how baseball scouts act. They sit down behind home and look bored out of their minds and then when a player being scouted does something clipboards, pens, and radar guns are front and center

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

BEAR
October 7th, 2017, 07:16 AM
It's almost game time for the Lions, Birds, Demons, and Colonels! Breakfast with the teams I guess! xlolx

Catatonic
October 7th, 2017, 07:51 AM
All games October 7, 2017

SHSU v SFA.
UCA v HBU
McNeese v ACU
UIW v SLU
NWST v Nicholls

SHSU
UCA
ACU for the upset
SLU
Nicholls

BEAR
October 7th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Sammy you are making Clamp Crank look good....

BEAR
October 7th, 2017, 06:00 PM
Well so far no upsets.

SLU wins.
SHSU wins.
Nicholls wins.

UCA about to kick it off against HBU.
Mcneese kicks off an hour later.

Serpentor
October 7th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Bearkats repeatedly shoot themselves in foot, plus officials calling garbage holding and targeting penalties. It was an ugly game.

BEAR
October 7th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Looks like most SLC teams today are having trouble today...xnodx But no upsets yet.

Wildcat1997
October 7th, 2017, 11:08 PM
ACU gave McNeese a tough game but can’t pull it out. 13-7 McNeese

BEAR
October 8th, 2017, 12:27 AM
No upsets today...if you can say that this early in the season.

About to to set up the week 7 pickem

Catatonic
October 8th, 2017, 06:27 AM
No upsets today...if you can say that this early in the season.

About to to set up the week 7 pickem

what to make of closer than expected games even though there were no upsets?

Good teams find a way to win?

The top top half of the SLC isn’t as strong as in recent years?

The bottom half of the SLC is better than In recent years and has started to close the gap?

The Harvest moon threw off the balance momentarily. Order will be restored shortly.

BEAR
October 8th, 2017, 08:38 AM
Most likely some teams were coming off big efforts and were due for the annual let down game. Also teams at the bottom have better defenses than most think.

Since I follow UCA, I can say it took everything to beat Sammy and a let down week was due. Plus as I said earlier in this thread HBU has a good run defense but not much of an offense. HBU has two guys on that line that manhandled our Oline at times. But our coach made halftime adjustments and we pulled away. If you can call it that. I also noticed some of our players not in the game. But we got SFA next week so got to prepare for that.

I did notice that some of the top 10 teams had the same experiences you mentioned.

Katfan
October 8th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Sammy you are making Clamp Crank look good....
But not his offensive coordinator. 7sacks. 14 rushing yards

lionsrking2
October 8th, 2017, 09:55 AM
what to make of closer than expected games even though there were no upsets?

Good teams find a way to win?

The top top half of the SLC isn’t as strong as in recent years?

The bottom half of the SLC is better than In recent years and has started to close the gap?

The Harvest moon threw off the balance momentarily. Order will be restored shortly.

The "bottom" of the league is improved now that everyone is fully acclimated to D-I and/or have had a few years of recruiting at the D-I level, but yesterday was one of those fluke Saturdays where a confluence of events made for some closer than expected games. But in all cases, the favorites dominated statistically and either flipped the switch when needed or found a way to win and move on to next week.

McCowboys
October 8th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Bearkats repeatedly shoot themselves in foot, plus officials calling garbage holding and targeting penalties. It was an ugly game.

The officials must have thought they were getting bonus pay for every flag they threw. Sure hurts the game flow!