PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-30

JALMOND
September 27th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Week number 2 in Big Sky action and everyone plays except Southern Utah, who drew the short straw and will sit out. I need a perfect week as I am currently 29-11 overall. Some great matchups in the conference this week and some tough games to choose. Here is my futile attempt at perfection this week.

CP at ISU---Who'd a thought the Bengals maybe should have won last week? Who'd a thought the Mustangs are the ones reeling coming in to this game? Who'd a thought best bet is the Bengals...ISU 38, CP 27.

UM at PSU---The wheels came off the Grizzlies train last week and now they have to go on the road and meet a rested Vikings team would had two weeks to prepare for this game...PSU 31, UM 30.

UND at UCD---The Aggies took one square in the jaw last week, but they get to come home and play the Hawks who are just trying to survive the injury bug. Hawks are better than this but...UCD 32, UND 24.

UNC at NAU---The Bears almost gave the game back last week but recovered nicely. The Lumberjacks are dealing with a rash of injuries, yet still got a road win last week...NAU 38, UNC 35.

SAC at EWU---How good are the Hornets? Their defense is great but they get a strong test from the Eagles who found their offense in the second half last week. Can the Hornets slow them down?...EWU 24, SAC 20.

WSU at MSU---The Wildcats looked like they are hitting on all cylinders last week while the Bobcats were equally as impressive in their game. Wildcats are tough at home, but this is on the road...MSU 28, WSU 24.

Taking all the home teams this weekend.xthumbsupx

Iridebikes
September 27th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Conference play looks like it will really be fun this year. My hoices:

ISU- looks like real deal this year.
UM- This team has a lot of talent on it. Can the coach get it out? I think so this week.
UCD- Playing well. UND is too beat up.
NAU- 7500 feet us too big of a home field advantage.
EWU- I think this is a 2 TD win for the EAGS.
WSU- Looking really solid. MSU is improved but still learning to win.

bonarae
September 27th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Idaho State
Portland State
UC Davis
NAU
EWU
Weber State

cx500d
September 27th, 2017, 10:41 PM
ISU
PSU
UCD
UNC
EWU
WSU

mvemjsunpx
September 27th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Sac State 24-41 EWU — Showdown game? I doubt it

Montana 31-21 Hillsboro St. — PSU ain't gonna throw for 549 yards

NoDak 24-35 Davis — Davis needs to regroup, UND needs Dr. McCoy

Cal Poly 35-45 Idaho St. — Both suck at pass defense, but only one really passes

NoCo 34-42 NAU — Could be a shootout… I'll go with the Skydome

Weber 27-21 Montana St. — MSU's kicking issues could cost them here

wapiti
September 28th, 2017, 10:24 AM
CP 13 at ISU 27---Good to see Idaho State back at being competitive again. But what has happened to CP. Maybe this game will have a surprising result.

UM 22 at PSU 24---UM has the talent and PSU is an improved team from last year and is at home. Do the griz still have some magic in their game from years past? It is not looking like it.

UND 17 at UCD 35---Will UND bring their own ambulance to the game? UND is falling fast, but with their 2nd and 3rd strings getting playing time, UND may be pretty good again next year.

UNC 17 at NAU 28---UNC barely won at home last weekend. This game is on the road and NAU has good QB.

SAC 32 at EWU 38---I am not quite convinced of Sac State yet. They have a chance to prove it here against EWU.

WSU 27 at MSU 28---MSU gets another quality opponent at home. This is a tough one to pick. My blue and gold glasses, plus MSU is at home, tilted my pick to MSU. (If this game was in Odgen, then the BBQ would be the pick.)

Roamingriz
September 30th, 2017, 12:15 PM
CP 21 ISU 35 - Poly doesn't appear to have much weaponry after Protheroes injury
UM 32 PSU 28 -PSU might have the defense to close down the griz. Might....
UND 24 UCD 21- if it doesn't happen for UND here it probably won't.
UNC 24 NAU 38 -NAU apparently can play through the injuries. Like them at home too. Usually.
SAC 35 EWU 42- Sac should make it a game. Pretty sure they also have a better d too.... Why am I picking ewu? Edub in a come-back win.
WSU 24 MSU 27 - a toss up. Bobcats do have a good home field advantage. Weber is looking more complete, but msu has been putting it together. Looked pretty much there last week.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
September 30th, 2017, 10:31 PM
What a train wreck UND has become, I almost feel sorry for them and I didn't think that was possible.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 10:33 PM
What a train wreck UND has become, I almost feel sorry for them and I didn't think that was possible.

Not me, they suck. Their two backs have almost 300 yds rushing and they are getting ass pounded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
September 30th, 2017, 10:37 PM
Not me, they suck. Their two backs have almost 300 yds rushing and they are getting ass pounded

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey just got a touchdown now, I think Davis was driving and fumbled or something and UND scored. UC Davis sucks, hell, they might choke this game away.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 10:39 PM
They just got a touchdown now, I think Davis was driving and fumbled or something and UND scored. UC Davis sucks, hell, they might choke this game away.

Nah, not enough time left

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Davis offense back in hot knife through butter mode

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Davis with stupid penalties

POD Knows
September 30th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Davis offense back in hot knife through butter mode

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLooks like a cluster **** of penalties to me, I can't actually watch the game, I am following it on that gamecast deal. UND is going to score quick here, just watch.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Pluto is an app on Apple TV, so it might be an app on your iPhone.

Just checked, it’s an app for iPhone too

POD Knows
September 30th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Oops, I overestimated their abilities and didn't realize that punting was an option when you are down by a 100

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Oops, I overestimated their abilities and didn't realize that punting was an option when you are down by a 100

That’s called surrender, or as citdog terms it, a confederate victory

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 11:03 PM
Omg, the announcers On Pluto just called und the flagship school in North Dakota when they were placating then over this ass pounding

POD Knows
September 30th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Omg, the announcers On Pluto just called und the flagship school in North Dakota when they were placating then over this ass pounding

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey are the flagship school, they get more state funding. BTW, their hockey team crushed some hapless college team from Manitoba, so every cloud has a silver lining.

Schism55
September 30th, 2017, 11:11 PM
UND got boat raced again xsmiley_wix

JALMOND
September 30th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Week number 2 in Big Sky action and everyone plays except Southern Utah, who drew the short straw and will sit out. I need a perfect week as I am currently 29-11 overall. Some great matchups in the conference this week and some tough games to choose. Here is my futile attempt at perfection this week.

CP at ISU---Who'd a thought the Bengals maybe should have won last week? Who'd a thought the Mustangs are the ones reeling coming in to this game? Who'd a thought best bet is the Bengals...ISU 38, CP 27.

UM at PSU---The wheels came off the Grizzlies train last week and now they have to go on the road and meet a rested Vikings team would had two weeks to prepare for this game...PSU 31, UM 30.

UND at UCD---The Aggies took one square in the jaw last week, but they get to come home and play the Hawks who are just trying to survive the injury bug. Hawks are better than this but...UCD 32, UND 24.

UNC at NAU---The Bears almost gave the game back last week but recovered nicely. The Lumberjacks are dealing with a rash of injuries, yet still got a road win last week...NAU 38, UNC 35.

SAC at EWU---How good are the Hornets? Their defense is great but they get a strong test from the Eagles who found their offense in the second half last week. Can the Hornets slow them down?...EWU 24, SAC 20.

WSU at MSU---The Wildcats looked like they are hitting on all cylinders last week while the Bobcats were equally as impressive in their game. Wildcats are tough at home, but this is on the road...MSU 28, WSU 24.

Taking all the home teams this weekend.xthumbsupx

4-2 this week, 33-13 overall. xnonono2x

WeAreThePride
September 30th, 2017, 11:52 PM
UND got boat raced again xsmiley_wix
Obliterated. Epic loss.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess all that weight lifting is gonna take another year to kick in.

mvemjsunpx
October 1st, 2017, 04:33 AM
Obliterated. Epic loss.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess all that weight lifting is gonna take another year to kick in.

UND apparently forgot to let the 98-pound water boys that are now having to start games use the weight room over the summer.

veinup
October 1st, 2017, 09:10 AM
JALMOND when did the Viks stop playing in the same stadium as the Timbers? what's the deal with that?

kalm
October 1st, 2017, 09:56 AM
JALMOND when did the Viks stop playing in the same stadium as the Timbers? what's the deal with that?

When there's soccer downtown. We played them in Hillsboro a few years ago too.

JALMOND
October 1st, 2017, 12:51 PM

Only time this season will we play in Hillsboro. The Thorns were on TV last night. The rest of our games are downtown. We did play Davis downtown as well.

veinup
October 1st, 2017, 01:41 PM
thanks guys, good to know. the downtown spot is nice, glad you're still mostly playing there.