PDA

View Full Version : GOTW?! SDSU vs YSU Lets get this party started!

ysubigred
September 26th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Should be a great game. SDSU is a great team led by huge offensive power. Again YSU has a good defense.

Mistakes and penalties will decide the out come in this one xbowx

Any Rabbit fans making the trip to Y-Town? Safe travels.

We'll be there at 1300 main tailgate lot in the grassy island xdrunkyx

Daytripper
September 26th, 2017, 08:55 AM
I can't wait for this. I don't do the MVFC pick'em, so I'm saying SDSU by 6 in a relatively low scoring game. Maybe 27-21.

Paladin1aa
September 26th, 2017, 09:08 AM
This will be the first "game" of the season for YSU. They had 3 scrimmages, one against a very poor Pitt team and two weenies. Didn't tell them much. They still have a QB problem and questionable D. Interesting game, but look for the Bunnies to win.

CappinHard
September 26th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Any update on your QB? I heard somewhere that he got banged up in their last game.

ysubigred
September 26th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Any update on your QB? I heard somewhere that he got banged up in their last game.

He's about 90% from what I'm hearing. Same shoulder the last two years. I suspect you'll see more than one QB coming at ya xnodx

X-Factor
September 26th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Will Soulek play?

mango433
September 26th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Will Soulek play?

He was a full participant at practice late last week if I remember correctly.

KUlawJack
September 26th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Will Soulek play?

He's listed on the two-deep as starting. Also have other starting DT back. That is Spencer Hildahl and he missed time earlier in the season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 26th, 2017, 03:42 PM
SDSUs defense is still a question for me. Should be a close game.

KUlawJack
September 26th, 2017, 03:45 PM
SDSUs defense is still a question for me. Should be a close game.

Agreed. Our inability to get pressure on the QB (not playing for Drake) on passing downs is a major concern. Having Soulek back in the middle is a big boost at least.

Kemo
September 26th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Soulek might be the most indispensable player on the team right now. We just don't have another player that is close to his skill set and ability.

In the Montana State game, it was like two different defenses between when Kellen was playing and when he went down with the injury.

IBleedYellow
September 26th, 2017, 04:17 PM
I have been told by Thumper to expect SDSU to lose.

Therefor, I know the Penguins are doomed.

X-Factor
September 26th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Jacks usually do quite well at the ice castle. I think they pull this one out, although that defense is a liability as others have noted.

CappinHard
September 26th, 2017, 04:56 PM
It's early in the week, but I'm going with a prediction of the jacks winning, 31-28. Jacks will build a small lead and let YSU back in the game after going conservative with their offensive play calling (I know... predicting the Jacks getting conservative is like predicting that it will get cold in SD this winter).

The Yo Show
September 26th, 2017, 04:58 PM
I'm obviously rooting for YSU, but I see this being a close game. Honestly, if it isn't close, then it is probably a blowout in a bad way for the penguins...

POD Knows
September 26th, 2017, 05:11 PM
I'm obviously rooting for YSU, but I see this being a close game. Honestly, if it isn't close, then it is probably a blowout in a bad way for the penguins...SDSU skates to victory, it won't be close, #bookit

TheKingpin28
September 26th, 2017, 05:19 PM
SDSU skates to victory, it won't be close, #bookit

https://i.imgur.com/hzaJ4Hn.png

Schism55
September 26th, 2017, 05:46 PM
I've got the vaseline and lollipops! Now it's party time!
Wait, did i go in the wrong room? xdrunkyx

Thumper 76
September 26th, 2017, 06:11 PM
I have been told by Thumper to expect SDSU to lose.

Therefor, I know the Penguins are doomed.

You're doomed for thinking the sharply dressed birds are doomed. xsmhx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pvdogteam
September 26th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Let's go Aztecs, they were my favorite team when I grew up in San Diego. Even though I ended up at PV

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 26th, 2017, 11:17 PM
I've got the vaseline and lollipops! Now it's party time!
Wait, did i go in the wrong room? xdrunkyx

Yep.... www.katfans.com

Thumper 76
September 27th, 2017, 12:43 AM
Let's go Aztecs, they were my favorite team when I grew up in San Diego. Even though I ended up at PV

https://media.giphy.com/media/FmsOcKwVAFwUo/giphy.gif

CappinHard
September 27th, 2017, 09:52 AM

https://68.media.tumblr.com/436dff53f15d9f7f10b675a40faf1ce3/tumblr_ncbd1dtKCz1tv4k5po1_500.gif

ysubigred
September 27th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Rabbit fans making the trip??

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e0/95/39/e0953973b789909a69a2247fd5272e68--future-school-paralegal.jpg

CappinHard
September 27th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Rabbit fans making the trip??

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e0/95/39/e0953973b789909a69a2247fd5272e68--future-school-paralegal.jpg

Do we need to bring a telescope to view the scoreboard? Idk why you even have a net to protect that thing... might as well let footballs pummel it so you can get a new one.

EDIT: I take it back... I see that it was updated in 2015 and this is an older picture.

Serpentor
September 27th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Yep.... www.katfans.com (http://www.katfans.com)

ALPHAGRIZ so desperately wants to be violated by a member of katfans that the tension can be cut with a knife!

X-Factor
September 27th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Yep.... www.katfans.com

Just send them a box of habanero pepper flavor and they will be happy

ysubigred
September 27th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Do we need to bring a telescope to view the scoreboard? Idk why you even have a net to protect that thing... might as well let footballs pummel it so you can get a new one.

EDIT: I take it back... I see that it was updated in 2015 and this is an older picture.

LOL!! Believe it or not that's an upgrade from what it used to be xcoolx That one gets smashed by an extra point we'll have a dry erase board out there to keep score xdizzyx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 27th, 2017, 12:38 PM
ALPHAGRIZ so desperately wants to be violated by a member of katfans that the tension can be cut with a knife!

No I raped and pillaged that board so bad those "most welcoming" SOBs banned me. It was similar to what you SHSU guys do over here but I am just better at it.

ST_Lawson
September 27th, 2017, 01:20 PM
LOL!! Believe it or not that's an upgrade from what it used to be xcoolx That one gets smashed by an extra point we'll have a dry erase board out there to keep score xdizzyx

At least a dry erase board would work. Our last scoreboard stopped working completely during the season a few years ago. Wasn't until the next year when we got a new one (that's still smaller than most of you all's scoreboards).

CappinHard
September 27th, 2017, 01:21 PM
No I raped and pillaged that board so bad

*Pelini gets on the phone to see if ALPHAGRIZ1 has any eligibility left*

Bison56
September 27th, 2017, 01:47 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CappinHard again.xlolx

ysubigred
September 28th, 2017, 07:05 AM

Good catch on your edit. I haven't seen the new score board or video tron. xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2017, 10:34 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/db37faeff96a5fa811e946d30864cb48.jpg

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Jacks02
September 28th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Jacks have won 8 of the last 9 games played between the two, so for whatever reason we seem to have YSU's number.

I think it will be a tough game, but have faith the Jacks will pull it out.

I'll go 27-23 SDSU.

Professor Chaos
September 28th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Jacks have won 8 of the last 9 games played between the two, so for whatever reason we seem to have YSU's number.

I think it will be a tough game, but have faith the Jacks will pull it out.

I'll go 27-23 SDSU.
The Jacks better pull it out or there could be a lot more Jacks off in the future.

CappinHard
September 28th, 2017, 12:33 PM
The Jacks better pull it out or there could be a lot more Jacks off in the future.

Jack attack takes on a whole new meaning.

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2017, 12:50 PM

You know what they say about rabbits.

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2017, 12:59 PM
x406xOld enough to have used punch cards in the SDSU computer lab. The Lab's motto "We multiply faster than Jackrabbits"

ysubigred
September 28th, 2017, 02:11 PM
I wonder how far either team will fall in the polls "IF" it's a close slug fest?

5 spots xeyebrowx

A blow out either way 10 spots xeyebrowx

UNIFanSince1983
September 28th, 2017, 02:31 PM
I wonder how far either team will fall in the polls "IF" it's a close slug fest?

5 spots xeyebrowx

Fair or not YSU would end up falling further than SDSU would end up falling.

Schism55
September 28th, 2017, 02:42 PM
As they should, home field and all.

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2017, 02:45 PM

Well, if you have my poll, it’s because a lower ranked team should lose on the road to the higher ranked squad xcoffeex

BisonTru
September 28th, 2017, 02:47 PM

Which is fair IMO. SDSU has what's looking like a very good win on the road vs. MSU. YSU really hasn't put anything impressive on their resume yet.

Professor Chaos
September 28th, 2017, 03:04 PM

5 spots xeyebrowx

For me personally if SDSU wins a close one neither team will move much. I'm lower than most on YSU and have them at #12 right now (I have SDSU at #3). If YSU wins they may just swap spots with SDSU in my poll ballot.

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2017, 03:23 PM
IMO, close wins in both the SDSU/YSU & WIU/USD move above the two losers. Only a win by UCA over SHSU could lead to the losers moving out of top 10.

The Yo Show
September 29th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Just wanted to remind any Jack Rabbit fans making the trip, there will be $5 beers available in stadium (for a 16 ounce domestic). Still cheaper to drink in the tailgate lots.

Side note, I will be there tomorrow (tailgating and the game). If anyone actually wants to meet me, just shoot me a PM.

Thumper 76
September 30th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Just wanted to remind any Jack Rabbit fans making the trip, there will be $5 beers available in stadium (for a 16 ounce domestic). Still cheaper to drink in the tailgate lots.

Side note, I will be there tomorrow (tailgating and the game). If anyone actually wants to meet me, just shoot me a PM.

I wish....someday I’ll be making the trip to all away games. Just not yet.

RabidRabbit
September 30th, 2017, 07:04 AM
Heck, I'd like to make games! Dang hurricanes keep me away. Although have all set for the Dakota marker. Should be great,tight game in the Ice Castle tonight. THUMP'EM RABBITS!