So much for SHSU SOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This!

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 08:28 PM
https://i.giphy.com/media/11QJgcchgwskq4/giphy.webp

DirtyDukes
September 23rd, 2017, 08:31 PM
Great win Elon, really impressive football.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 08:32 PM
Elon, welcome to the top 25. Good win over one of the top 3 QBs in the FCS.

ElonFirefighter
September 23rd, 2017, 08:33 PM
This makes Furman look better also

Furman took some heat for our loss. Hate to say it but there record will keep them from getting votes but with a 1 and 3pt loss vs ranked team and crushing it today there on the road to recovery too

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

UpstateBison
September 23rd, 2017, 08:35 PM
I nominate JMU at Elon for GOTW on 11/18.

DirtyDukes
September 23rd, 2017, 08:37 PM

Second... Also I feel this slight tinge of nervousness... Elon right now:

https://i.giphy.com/media/FFGHxqGuejE5y/giphy.webp

ElonFirefighter
September 23rd, 2017, 08:39 PM

https://i.giphy.com/media/FFGHxqGuejE5y/giphy.webpOur games could go either way. We're Young and make a lot of mistakes but we don't take ourselves out of it

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 08:41 PM

I second this

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2017, 08:42 PM
Who in the **** is Elon

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 08:44 PM
Who in the **** is Elon

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f2/f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde36 23a7a561724e3e.jpg

CID1990
September 23rd, 2017, 08:48 PM

https://i.giphy.com/media/FFGHxqGuejE5y/giphy.webp

This is CLASSIC Huesman - unless he has a team that is wildly talented at nearly every position, he will crap the bed against one or two teams he is supposed to beat.

Elon is much improved but JMU will win that game by at least 3 scores. Bank it.

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2017, 08:52 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f2/f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde36 23a7a561724e3e.jpgMy post is more in the vein of "who are they in the football sense". I am somewhat, although vaguely, familiar with the actual university, but, yea, I stand by my post, who the **** are they.

Mocs123
September 23rd, 2017, 08:54 PM
Elon was a top 10 team under coach Pete Lembo(sp) and QB Scott Riddle. They never were the same after Lembo left for Ball State.

Reign of Terrier
September 23rd, 2017, 09:11 PM
Pod Knows no Elon

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2017, 09:13 PM
Pod Knows no ElonSounds like a place some douchebag fund manager would send his kid to get him out of the house.

Reign of Terrier
September 23rd, 2017, 09:16 PM
You can't spell felon without elon :D

UpstateBison
September 23rd, 2017, 09:18 PM
Sounds like a place some douchebag fund manager would send his kid to get him out of the house.

No. That would be Davidson.

NorthChuckSouth
September 23rd, 2017, 09:28 PM
Thank you, Elon - all CSU fans

phoenix3
September 23rd, 2017, 09:37 PM
This is CLASSIC Huesman - unless he has a team that is wildly talented at nearly every position, he will crap the bed against one or two teams he is supposed to beat.

Elon is much improved but JMU will win that game by at least 3 scores. Bank it.
xlmaox

It's ok, go ahead disrespect us...

phoenix3
September 23rd, 2017, 09:39 PM

You're so funny and original. No really..

Southern Bison
September 23rd, 2017, 09:51 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkRoad trip!

Sell your Bison @ Redbird ticket & we'll roll up to Burlington and hang out with ElonFF on the balcony.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edit: Hoop, party of 3 for the fieldhouse balcony please!

BestDaneSinceHamlet
September 23rd, 2017, 09:55 PM
Elon Albany should be the game of the week next week. Who'd a thunk it

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 09:58 PM
Elon Albany should be the game of the week next week. Who'd a thunk it

Weber State vs Montana State

JMU vs Delaware

USeD vs WIU

I know people will say MVFC bias but there is no way, two top 10 teams in USeD and WIU get beat out for game of the week. Nothing against Albany and Elon, but that match-up is a solid one, just not the best one.

CID1990
September 23rd, 2017, 10:06 PM
xlmaox

It's ok, go ahead disrespect us...

I'm not responsible for your sensitivity

But welcome to the sunlight now that Elon has a good win - congrats

I'll clue you in here since you think everything is apparently directed at Elon-

Huesman is an underachieving coach. He's admired at UTC only because he turned around Allison's dumpster fire. His MO is to lose 1-2 games he is supposed to win, every season

When Elon finished in the top 3-4 of the CAA this year then I'll reassess, but right now this is on Huesman more than it is Elon

phoenix3
September 23rd, 2017, 10:10 PM
I'm not responsible for your sensitivity

But welcome to the sunlight now that Elon has a good win - congrats

I'll clue you in here since you think everything is apparently directed at Elon-

Huesman is an underachieving coach. He's admired at UTC only because he turned around Allison's dumpster fire. His MO is to lose 1-2 games he is supposed to win, every season

When Elon finished in the top 3-4 of the CAA this year then I'll reassess, but right now this is on Huesman more than it is Elon

Thank you so much Cid90. I bow to your brilliance. Thou art all knowing and real dang smartt.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 10:11 PM
Thank you so much Cid90. I bow to your brilliance. Thou art all knowing and real dang smartt.

Where have you been? Show up when the team wins? He does have a point though about Huesman though.

Mocs123
September 23rd, 2017, 10:17 PM

If we had hired another coach like Allison instead of Huesman and not improved, I wouldn't be surprised if Chattanooga didn't have a football team now.

Huesman isn't perfect (He did struggle in close games, and did drop 1 game a year he probably should have won, and of course he bolted for a lateral move in UR), but I do credit him with saving Chattanooga Mocs Football. He didn't just make us mediocre, he made us nationally relevant. Now we have to take the next step (which so far we haven't done).

phoenix3
September 23rd, 2017, 10:20 PM
Where have you been? Show up when the team wins? He does have a point though about Huesman though.

When was the last time anyone talked about Elon on this board? Yes, I guess I am showing up when my team wins. Just like you and the rest of the posters that are now talking about Elon. I'm just chiming in with the rest of you.

With regard to Huesman, you/he may have a point. We will simply see as the season progresses. The one thing I do know about Huesman is that UTC was sitting with WCU and the rest of the FCS cellar dwellars before he came along. Then he turned UTC int a perennial favorite to win the SoCon. So I guess I respect him quite a bit more than you obviously do.

Reign of Terrier
September 23rd, 2017, 10:24 PM
Your information is a little outdated...WCU isn't too bad of a team anymore

Schism55
September 23rd, 2017, 10:30 PM
Nice win Elon, enjoy it tonight!
Richmond fans have to be reeling....

phoenix3
September 23rd, 2017, 10:30 PM
Your information is a little outdated...WCU isn't too bad of a team anymore

Dude, pay attention, I said BEFORE Huesman showed up. That was 5 or 6 years ago, right? Yes, I know WCU has improved. Doing quite well in taking care of business against Samford tonight. Congratulations to WCU for the win.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2017, 10:32 PM
When was the last time anyone talked about Elon on this board? Yes, I guess I am showing up when my team wins. Just like you and the rest of the posters that are now talking about Elon. I'm just chiming in with the rest of you.

With regard to Huesman, you/he may have a point. We will simply see as the season progresses. The one thing I do know about Huesman is that UTC was sitting with WCU and the rest of the FCS cellar dwellars before he came along. Then he turned UTC int a perennial favorite to win the SoCon. So I guess I respect him quite a bit more than you obviously do.

Huesman is a good coach, not a great coach. Richmond will drop because Rocco was a better coach, maybe a great coach if he leads UD to what they should be. As far as people coming at you for propping your team, get used to it. If you are not in the MVFC, you are not worthy.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 10:33 PM

No one is hating on Elon, it's just any team can catch lightning in a bottle on "Any Given Saturday", it's whether or not they can sustain that success and move forward.

2016 (9-4): Loss to unranked Wofford (10-4)
2015 (9-4): Loss to unranked Mercer (5-6)
2014 (10-4): Loss to unranked Central Michigan (7-6) [They lost to Kansas (3-9) and Syracuse (3-9)]
2013 (8-4): Loss to unranked UT-Martin (7-5) and unranked Samford (8-5)
2012 (6-5): Loss to unranked App St (8-4) and unranked USF (3-9)
2011 (5-6): Loss to unranked El Cid (4-7)

Notice something here? They lose at least 1 game that they should not and possibly more. Again, not a bad game by Elon, but until there is sustained success, I blame this one on Russ.

Bison56
September 23rd, 2017, 10:33 PM
Huesman is a good coach, not a great coach. Richmond will drop because Rocco was a better coach, maybe a great coach if he leads UD to what they should be. As far as people coming at you for propping your team, get used to it. If you are not in the MVFC, you are not worthy.

This guy gets it.

cx500d
September 23rd, 2017, 10:34 PM

He's a septembrist?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phoenix3
September 23rd, 2017, 10:36 PM

I'm genuflecting as we speak.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 10:41 PM
He's a septembrist?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#SouthernSpeed

Bison56
September 23rd, 2017, 10:43 PM
I'm genuflecting as we speak.

Please be sure to bow from now on.

Reign of Terrier
September 23rd, 2017, 10:43 PM
No one is hating on Elon, it's just any team can catch lightning in a bottle on "Any Given Saturday", it's whether or not they can sustain that success and move forward.

2014 (10-4): Loss to unranked Central Michigan (7-6) [They lost to Kansas (3-9) and Syracuse (3-9)]

Notice something here? They lose at least 1 game that they should not and possibly more. Again, not a bad game by Elon, but until there is sustained success, I blame this one on Russ.

I wouldn't consider the loss against Wofford a bad loss...I mean, we made the playoffs and the quarterfinals. We were good. People are giving Huesman a little too much ****. He only lost 3 games in his last 3 years or so, only one of which I would consider a bad loss (to start-up Mercer)

jmufan999
September 23rd, 2017, 10:45 PM
great job, Elon.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't consider the loss against Wofford a bad loss...I mean, we made the playoffs and the quarterfinals. We were good. People are giving Huesman a little too much ****. He only lost 3 games in his last 3 years or so, only one of which I would consider a bad loss (to start-up Mercer)

Never said a "bad loss" but a game they should have won. Bad loss was Mercer and El Cid and maybe USF. The Wofford loss was just a loss that I feel like should have been a W.

Southern Bison
September 23rd, 2017, 10:47 PM
Thank you so much Cid90. I bow to your brilliance. Thou art all knowing and real dang smartt.At least he shows up on here and is part of the discussion. ElonFF shows up here regularly, not just when his team has a glimmer of a decent season.

phoenix3
September 23rd, 2017, 10:48 PM

No argument. I'm not being braggadocious, I'm just proud of our team. Irrespective of the Huesman factor, et. al., Elon has... well... sucked for some time, with regard to wins vs. losses. You're right, we haven't had sustained success for a very long time. BUT, we just beat two ranked teams, who I respect, and I really don't give a ****** for all the rationalizations of why it just can't be that Elon is just simply a good team.

phoenix3
September 23rd, 2017, 10:50 PM
Please be sure to bow from now on.xthumbsupx

phoenix3
September 23rd, 2017, 10:52 PM
No argument. I'm not being braggadocious, I'm just proud of our team. Irrespective of the Huesman factor, et. al., Elon has... well... sucked for some time, with regard to wins vs. losses. You're right, we haven't had sustained success for a very long time. BUT, we just beat two ranked teams, who I respect, and I really don't give a ****** for all the rationalizations of why it just can't be that Elon is just simply a good team.

The ****** was supposed to say ****.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 10:54 PM

No one is disagreeing with that, we are just saying hit the brakes a little bit as we have already had a Howard and Idaho St this year and we see how that played out.

whoanellie
September 23rd, 2017, 11:05 PM
Oh Hellyea now I know We are back!!! I know these players have bought in on erasing that losing culture with a lot of hard work just to be respectable in a really tough league.

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2017, 11:09 PM
Well clearly no one else wants to be ranked this year. Why not give Elon a shot? xlolx

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 24th, 2017, 12:20 AM
Elon should never have changed their name from the Fighting Christians.

The Phoenix is bland in comparison.

RootinFerDukes
September 24th, 2017, 04:22 AM
I think Elon may have finally done enough to get on my rankings this week... or at minimum they’re top 40 “on the radar”.

ElonFirefighter
September 24th, 2017, 06:33 AM
At least he shows up on here and is part of the discussion. ElonFF shows up here regularly, not just when his team has a glimmer of a decent season.

That is true, this new found success just means I can come out of the smack talk and political forum and actually talk football

PaladinFan
September 24th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Congrats to Elon on a nice win. Makes me feel a bit better about our loss a few weeks ago, but man, I'll still feel like that was one that got away.

WestCoastAggie
September 24th, 2017, 06:43 AM
I'm glad Elon is back. Those were fun times when the Elon guys were talking their smack around here.

ElonFirefighter
September 24th, 2017, 06:50 AM
Congrats to Elon on a nice win. Makes me feel a bit better about our loss a few weeks ago, but man, I'll still feel like that was one that got away.

I would agree with you as you had all the momentum at that point. As you can see with all our games we are young. We make a lot of mistakes that cost us points. We have just been lucky and our opponents didn't capitalize or made their own mistakes. Big example last night is we fumble on the 1 trying to score a TD and the next play UofR throws a 96 yard TD. We have been very lucky plays like this should have doomed us. I hope we don't get cocky because we very well could be a 0-4 instead of 3-1

ElonFirefighter
September 24th, 2017, 06:52 AM
I'm glad Elon is back. Those were fun times when the Elon guys were talking their smack around here.

Im just glad people will now look at my smack as humorous instead of the senile grandpa that doesn't pay attention to reality.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 06:56 AM
This is a stunning upset in my book. I cannot seem to get a good handle on how good or have average the CAA teams are this year. JMU struggles against Maine, wtf.

jmu007
September 24th, 2017, 07:01 AM
This is a stunning upset in my book. I cannot seem to get a good handle on how good or have average the CAA teams are this year. JMU struggles against Maine, wtf.

Maine defense played as expected. Kept game close and eventually JMU Pulled away. Maine will win a lot of games this year.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Maine defense played as expected. Kept game close and eventually JMU Pulled away. Maine will win a lot of games this year.

I think you are right about Maine. Also, interesting to note how Holy Cross lost to Dartmouth, yet HC smashed UNH. CAA is a mystery to me this year.

ur2k
September 24th, 2017, 07:34 AM
The Elon RB was a load, we couldn't tackle him all night. 4 turnovers on our end didn't help the cause.

PaladinFan
September 24th, 2017, 07:42 AM

Hard to know how to read it.

Richmond struggled to beat Colgate two weeks ago. Furman sandblasted the Raiders yesterday.

Dane96
September 24th, 2017, 08:42 AM

Maine is insanely physical and has some real talent. Maine is a very good football team that would near the top (1-3 in standings) of most non-FCS power leagues...and is what it is in most power-leagues: a dangerous team you don't want to play and will win a few it shouldn't on paper.

The Maine-UNH game was not a fluke. The UNH-Holy Cross game was a fluke in the lopsided nature (not the win...Cross is pretty good). The Dartmouth loss by Cross surprised me a little given how Cross played against UConn and UNH. That one has my head spinning a bit.

KPSUL
September 24th, 2017, 08:55 AM
I got to watch the Elon CSN+ Mid-Atlantic picked it up in the 2nd Qtr. This was no fluke, Elon has an excellent team and outplayed Richmond @ Richmond in a close one. Where exactly they end up in the final CAA standings is debatable - which is exactly the same question for 4 or 5 other teams to include, UNH, Villanova and Albany. Bottom line, they will be in the conference discussions this season.

DirtyDukes
September 24th, 2017, 08:57 AM
I got to watch the Elon CSN+ Mid-Atlantic picked it up in the 2nd Qtr. This was no fluke, Elon has an excellent team and outplayed Richmond @ Richmond in a close one. Where exactly they end up in the final CAA standings is debatable - which is exactly the same question for 4 or 5 other teams to include, UNH, Villanova and Albany. Bottom line, they will be in the conference discussions this season.

It's off topic in this thread but in lieu of starting another, what'd you think of that JMU/Maine game yesterday?

Dane96
September 24th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Personally, I think JMU didn't come out with fire at first...and if Maine had better QB play that game may have turned out differently. Mid 3rd to the end, JMU turned it on. I still think JMU is the top team in the country...but with some injuries, they can't afford to not come out with fire from here on out if they want to keep that status.

KPSUL
September 24th, 2017, 09:19 AM
It's off topic in this thread but in lieu of starting another, what'd you think of that JMU/Maine game yesterday?

It ended up about where I thought it would. I go to about 2 JMU games per year, I didn't pick this one by accident.

Maine took a lead and held it for 4 minutes at the beginning of the 2nd half, but JMU showed they were a mature, championship caliber team by staying patient and on-task, putting the game away in the 4th quarter. Some who have posted about this game, simply don't understand the kind of team Maine has been for years. Although UNH has beaten Maine 13 out of the last 14 years, a team as strong as JMU is more likely to blow UNH out by 4 TDs than Maine. Maine is a tenacious, physical, defense oriented team -they can beat anyone that makes too many mistakes. They also have the 4th best conference record over the last 8 seasons after UNH, Villanova and JMU. Bottom line, the game demonstrated to me that Maine continues to be a threat to every team they will play, and JMU is still the favorite to repeat as FCS Champion.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 09:47 AM

I was not impressed with JMU's showing against a very sub-par Maine squad. Not sure how to judge the CAA this year. Many say the CAA is very strong, yet when I point out that Sammy routed Richmond, many of you guys say Richmond is not good. Cannot have it both ways ladies.

RootinFerDukes
September 24th, 2017, 10:12 AM
It ended up about where I thought it would. I go to about 2 JMU games per year, I didn't pick this one by accident.

Maine took a lead and held it for 4 minutes at the beginning of the 2nd half, but JMU showed they were a mature, championship caliber team by staying patient and on-task, putting the game away in the 4th quarter. Some who have posted about this game, simply don't understand the kind of team Maine has been for years. Although UNH has beaten Maine 13 out of the last 14 years, a team as strong as JMU is more likely to blow UNH out by 4 TDs than Maine. Maine is a tenacious, physical, defense oriented team -they can beat anyone that makes too many mistakes. They also have the 4th best conference record over the last 8 seasons after UNH, Villanova and JMU. Bottom line, the game demonstrated to me that Maine continues to be a threat to every team they will play, and JMU is still the favorite to repeat as FCS Champion.

I echo your thoughts exactly. Coach Houston even said, “we needed a game like this”, likely in reference to a humbling performance. It’ll make you stronger.

Dukie95
September 24th, 2017, 11:50 AM
I was not impressed with JMU's showing against a very sub-par Maine squad. Not sure how to judge the CAA this year. Many say the CAA is very strong, yet when I point out that Sammy routed Richmond, many of you guys say Richmond is not good. Cannot have it both ways ladies.

The CAA can be strong while Richmond is not. We may be in the beginning of a sea change where UR and Nova no longer get the benefit of the doubt as top 10 teams and the Albanys and Elons start to supplant them. The CAA is strong, but the teams may be shifting.

DTSpider
September 24th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Richmond is in transition. There's a lot of talent at the skill positions but not much depth on the rest of the team. They can and will (I think) win a fair share of games but probably takes a couple of years to build it back with some more balanced recruiting classes than we've had recently.

Elon looked pretty legit yesterday with a young team.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Is it possible that Elon is just good? They have two wins over good programs.

Milktruck74
September 24th, 2017, 12:25 PM

Seriously??? You want to actually use logic here....WTF???

PaladinFan
September 24th, 2017, 01:17 PM

From what I've seen, their win over Furman may be more impressive at the end of the season than the win over Richmond.

PantherRob82
September 24th, 2017, 01:20 PM
II think Elon is improved, and Richmond is in transition early in the season.

citdog
September 24th, 2017, 01:21 PM
From what I've seen, their win over Furman may be more impressive at the end of the season than the win over Richmond.

A win over a patsy league team is a win over a patsy league team. I understand it was your first but let's see how you do the rest of the way.

PaladinFan
September 24th, 2017, 01:58 PM
A win over a patsy league team is a win over a patsy league team. I understand it was your first but let's see how you do the rest of the way.

Furman has faced four teams better than anyone the Citadel has seen.

citdog
September 24th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Furman has faced four teams better than anyone the Citadel has seen.

And you are 1-3. Congrats on the one win. Let's see how you do this week.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 04:04 PM
It must be nice being the CAA.

In the CAA it's parity.

In the SLC it's mediocrity.

DirtyDukes
September 24th, 2017, 04:51 PM

In the CAA it's parity.

Only becuase of, you know, the rankings and facts and stats and stuff.

RootinFerDukes
September 24th, 2017, 05:25 PM

The Pod loves his alternative facts bubble.

gofurman
September 24th, 2017, 05:33 PM
This makes Furman look better also

Nice post from youngterrier. Nice from a rival team.

Yeah.

So FU schedule - Wofford one point loss , Woff is top ten ... three point loss to Elon on last second FG and we dropped the ball to get down 21-0 first Q. Lost 34-31. Elon beats top Richmond at Richmond. Lost to NC State who beat FSU. NC State may be third or fourth best ACC team w a bunch of NFL D. Beat Colgate by 30 easily at Colgate.

Oh well. My FU guys are improving. New coach. New D. 4-3 to 3/4. So young. On to ETSU. I think if we hang on to these coaches - Hendrix and Staggs - we will be great in two years

Schism55
September 24th, 2017, 06:27 PM
^^ True. If Furman can reel off a string of victories their playoff resume will be shaping up nicely.

WestCoastAggie
September 24th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Im just glad people will now look at my smack as humorous instead of the senile grandpa that doesn't pay attention to reality.

I mean... Well... there was that one time where some Elon fan posted a 2009 or 2010 SoCon Champs poster a wee bit early.

I'm sure someone will dig up that post.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 07:01 PM

Ok then, so then do not complain that Sammy is ranked No. 3. xthumbsupx:D

phoenix3
September 24th, 2017, 07:14 PM
I mean... Well... there was that one time where some Elon fan posted a 2009 or 2010 SoCon Champs poster a wee bit early.

I'm sure someone will dig up that post.

Actually, it wasn't just a typical fan. It was the Elon Athletics Department as I remember. It was posted "as a test", on the official website and taken down, but not soon enough. Major blunder. It was 2009.

whoanellie
September 24th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Actually, it wasn't just a typical fan. It was the Elon Athletics Department as I remember. It was posted "as a test", on the official website and taken down, but not soon enough. Major blunder. It was 2009.I believe that is the correct scenario. At least the EAD did not make the same mistake 9 years later w/ The W B-Ball Championship.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Seriously??? You want to actually use logic here....WTF???

I know. I don't have an excuse. Thank you for your patience.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 08:13 PM
The Pod loves his alternative facts bubble.

I spoke to Jeremiah Briscoe today at Church. He wanted me to tell you that he forgives you for your assessment that Chase Fourcade was better than him and that Nicholls would expose him and his offense. He said that he he still thinks you have a lot to offer the discussions on this forum as a whole and doesn't hold any grudges.

I thought that was big of him.

Anyways, just passing along the word. Have a great week. God Bless.

gofurman
September 24th, 2017, 08:31 PM
^^ True. If Furman can reel off a string of victories their playoff resume will be shaping up nicely.

Please know I wasn't saying all that. Not about this year. Appreciate you comment though. Just think we will be good in a year or two once we get the system down and the right guys in place. Switching offense schemes and from 4-3 to 3-4 can take time

i say 4/5 wins this year

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Please know I wasn't saying all that. Not about this year. Appreciate you comment though. Just think we will be good in a year or two once we get the system down and the right guys in place. Switching offense schemes and from 4-3 to 3-4 can take time

i say 4/5 wins this year

+8

GoBlueHens83
September 24th, 2017, 11:59 PM

In the CAA it's parity.

The lowest Sagarin rated CAA team is Rhode Island at 204.

SHSU has 4 teams left to play on their schedule that are worse.

Northwestern State 221
Lamar 226
Incarnate Word 244
Abilene Christian 210
Houston Baptist 234

That's not even mentioning a win over the mighty Prairie View A&M team (ranked 211) that you barely beat.

So you are right. The CAA has parity, the Southland has mediocrity.

DirtyDukes
September 25th, 2017, 08:39 AM

Northwestern State 221
Lamar 226
Incarnate Word 244
Abilene Christian 210
Houston Baptist 234

That's not even mentioning a win over the mighty Prairie View A&M team (ranked 211) that you barely beat.

^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^

+1,000,000!!!

The Pud
September 25th, 2017, 08:41 AM

Northwestern State 221
Lamar 226
Incarnate Word 244
Abilene Christian 210
Houston Baptist 234

#fake news

Matt
September 25th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Late to this, and just echoing others, but goddamn Summers was impressive. Bowling ball on legs. I feel like a lot of teams are gonna take a similar tactic of just trying to bounce outside over and over with a speedy back. Our linebackers are light and quick, but we only play 2 of them... That's a lot of ground to cover. We had success when we had Mainsah spying him. I think he hit him three straight times to force a punt. Don't know why we stopped. Huesman has been tough for me to figure out. Also not helping the run D was that Elon's o-line pushed us all over the place.

In other news: poor Lauletta. He three a really stupid pick, but still, we are wasting his senior year. (this might be an overreaction, but looking at his numbers and realizing we are 2-2 is so depressing)

DRDukes01
September 25th, 2017, 09:12 AM

Northwestern State 221
Lamar 226
Incarnate Word 244
Abilene Christian 210
Houston Baptist 234

It is BlueHens vs. Duke Dog week and its doubtful that our 2 fan bases will agree on much heading into Saturday, but this, THIS, is something we can all agree with. This +1k xthumbsupx

Dukie95
September 25th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Don't let this troll force us into comparing the CAA and the SLC.

superman7515
September 27th, 2017, 05:09 PM
https://imgur.com/a/BK46k

https://i.imgur.com/Jnwcrs7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IM6C816.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/k4Uez7w.jpg

Plenty more at the link.