PDA

View Full Version : Will the Gateway take NDSU & SDSU??

BisonBacker
February 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Well since the Gateway meetings are coming up soon thought I would start this poll just for fun. Comment as to why you voted the way you did and why you think they should or shouldn't be voted in also. See what the AGS regulars think not that this topic hasn't been covered but hey its the middle of winter and there's a lot of anticipation regarding the meetings this month. So have at it and speak your peace.

BisonBacker
February 5th, 2007, 08:21 PM
I think they will but I'm not so sure we will get the thumbs up this month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

BearsCountry
February 5th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Yes I think they will get in.

slostang
February 5th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I think they will, but I am hoping they will not for selfish reasons. Go Great West!!!!

NDSUFREAK
February 5th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I sure hope that we get in. It would be a HUGE relief in our scheduling.

ISUMatt
February 5th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I guess Missouri St is really really fighting this hard!!!

Mountaineer
February 5th, 2007, 09:34 PM
The Gateway would be scary as hell with the addition of the DSU's. Conference play would be a bloodbath, but a lot of fun to watch!

BearsCountry
February 5th, 2007, 09:42 PM
I guess Missouri St is really really fighting this hard!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

FlyYtown
February 5th, 2007, 09:48 PM
As previously stated in the Youngstown Vindicator... NDSU and SDSU will join the league, the only thing missing is a signature.

So votes aside, since they will be passed and voted in.. NDSU and SDSU are '008 Members.

JoeNeck90
February 5th, 2007, 10:20 PM
The Gateway would be scary as hell with the addition of the DSU's. Conference play would be a bloodbath, but a lot of fun to watch! xidiotx

Yeah, I think we need a little more parity in the GFC.:rotateh: I would like to see one of them fill the WKU void but I don't want them both. A patsy tune-up, a couple quality FCS teams and the annual money making FBS game is fine with me for an 11 game schedule.

FargoBison
February 5th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I think its going to happen at the next meeting, all the Presidents are going to be there and I don't think they are going to invite the Presidents and ADs of NDSU and SDSU just to get more information or tell them no.

BisonBacker
February 5th, 2007, 11:13 PM
As previously stated in the Youngstown Vindicator... NDSU and SDSU will join the league, the only thing missing is a signature.

So votes aside, since they will be passed and voted in.. NDSU and SDSU are '008 Members.
I sure hope your right. :thumbsup:

Fresno St. Alum
February 6th, 2007, 01:00 AM
I hope you guys get in. I say it's a done deal if the Gateway knows whats good for them, unlike the Big Sky.

RabidRabbit
February 6th, 2007, 07:31 AM
There are virtually no good reasons NOT to invite the xDSU's. :nod: :nod:

All most all the Gateway Presidents are expected to attend a winter meeting FOR THE FIRST TIME, and so are the SDSU/NDSU Prez/AD/FB.

:read: :read: :read: :read: :read:

The tea leaves say in for '08, unanimous vote at the 2/19 meeting. 9 super teams, the Gateway will have very few years of not having a representative in the final four in the Play-offs. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NE MT GRIZZ
February 6th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I voted no because I don't think the current Gateway teams want to lose a playoff spot. NDSU will definitely bump one of those teams that frequently make the playoffs.

FlyYtown
February 6th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I voted no because I don't think the current Gateway teams want to lose a playoff spot. NDSU will definitely bump one of those teams that frequently make the playoffs.

Well how wrong you are.. Look at the A-10, they can get 4 teams in, and now the Gateway can too.

Boy the GFC is going to be far better than any other FCS Conference from top to bottom!!!!

NE MT GRIZZ
February 6th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Well how wrong you are.. Look at the A-10, they can get 4 teams in, and now the Gateway can too.

Boy the GFC is going to be far better than any other FCS Conference from top to bottom!!!!

If NDSU had been in with you this year you would have had two teams in possibly 3. NDSU definitely would have beaten Illinois St and S. Illinois. That would have given them 4 losses, and there is no way both make the playoffs with 4 losses.

Youngstown also suffers because NDSU beats you, then you get a lower seed and would have played NDSU, Montana, App., or UMASS in the 2nd round and lost.

FlyYtown
February 6th, 2007, 10:40 AM
If NDSU had been in with you this year you would have had two teams in possibly 3. NDSU definitely would have beaten Illinois St and S. Illinois. That would have given them 4 losses, and there is no way both make the playoffs with 4 losses.

Youngstown also suffers because NDSU beats you, then you get a lower seed and would have played NDSU, Montana, App., or UMASS in the 2nd round and lost.

Wow how do you know NDSU would've beat all of them??? HMMMMM I'd love to know that one???? Notice YSU went to the Final 4???? And SIU-ILSU went to the Final 8...............

You can say all that stuff now, but guess what: NDSU WASN'T APART OF THE GATEWAY AND WON'T IN 2007 EITHER.

NE MT GRIZZ
February 6th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Wow how do you know NDSU would've beat all of them??? HMMMMM I'd love to know that one???? Notice YSU went to the Final 4???? And SIU-ILSU went to the Final 8...............

You can say all that stuff now, but guess what: NDSU WASN'T APART OF THE GATEWAY AND WON'T IN 2007 EITHER.

I know that.
It's just a scenario. Just like yours, about getting 4 Gateway teams into the playoffs.

MplsBison
February 6th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I think we'll get in.

It won't be a unanimous vote, but we'll meet the requirement.

Go Bison
February 6th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I think we'll get in.

What is the requirement?

Ronbo
February 6th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I think they will, but I am hoping they will not for selfish reasons. Go Great West!!!!

Doesn't USD and UND get to join a Conference in 2008? I'll wager the Great West sends out invites as soon as they hear that NDSU and SDSU are going to the Gateway.

blk
February 6th, 2007, 12:20 PM
So when are the meetings taking place? Soon?

MplsBison
February 6th, 2007, 12:20 PM
What is the requirement?

Don't know.

I assume simple majority.

I hope at least.

If we get 3 of the 7 voting us down, it'll have to be that.

Peems
February 6th, 2007, 12:43 PM
when do they vote?

MSUBear42
February 6th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I think we'll get in.

I know for a fact the MSU prez is voting it down.:twocents:

MplsBison
February 6th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I think one of the ISUs is voting us down too.

Not sure which, or maybe both.

But as far as I know, UNI, YSU, WIU, and SIU are voting yes.

MSUBear42
February 6th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I really hope you guys get it.

slostang
February 6th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I believe the meeting is set for Feb 18th. There is a good chance that it will go to a vote then.

BearsCountry
February 6th, 2007, 01:32 PM

They wont vote the Dakotas bc of competition and facilities but they talk of moving up to FBS. xidiotx

FlyYtown
February 6th, 2007, 01:52 PM
They wont vote the Dakotas bc of competition and facilities but they talk of moving up to FBS. xidiotx

I could see moving to FBS in Basketball.. But NEVER in Football. Sorry but you lack the facilities and the competition.

Go Bison
February 6th, 2007, 01:57 PM

Any chance you can get a new president by Feb. 19th? That is pretty sad that the MSU president is worried about some competition. I think the Griz fans should email the MSU's president and tell them that NDSU really isn't that good and that they haven't played a good schedule.

I mean NDSU didn't even beat a playoff team last year! I think we could convince him that if NDSU played in the Gateway they would be a bottom feeder just like MSU and ISU. Then maybe he would reconsider.

MplsBison
February 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I could see moving to FBS in Basketball.. But NEVER in Football.

:eyebrow:

bison95
February 6th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Any chance you can get a new president by Feb. 19th? That is pretty sad that the MSU president is worried about some competition. I think the Griz fans should email the MSU's president and tell them that NDSU really isn't that good and that they haven't played a good schedule.

I mean NDSU didn't even beat a playoff team last year! I think we could convince him that if NDSU played in the Gateway they would be a bottom feeder just like MSU and ISU. Then maybe he would reconsider.
xlolx xlolx xlolx :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hammersmith
February 6th, 2007, 02:13 PM
The meeting is on Feb 19th and the xDSU's need 5 of the 7 votes to get in.

MSUBear42
February 6th, 2007, 02:18 PM
:eyebrow:
I second that :eyebrow:

We have one of the nicer stadiums in 1AA with plans to add a 2 million dollar scoreboard and renovate the east side.

MplsBison
February 6th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Heh, no.

I was trying to draw attention to the fact that there is no FBS in basketball.

MplsBison
February 6th, 2007, 02:54 PM
The meeting is on Feb 19th and the xDSU's need 5 of the 7 votes to get in.

Hmm, ok.

So I guess there is a chance that we won't make it if MSU and whatever ISU it is can convince one more to vote with them.

AggiePride
February 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Voted no. After hearing XDSU's need 5 of 7, I think they will end up one vote shy. We already know for sure some schools are against it, not many votes to spare... It really does not matter that certian schools are in full support, it's the teams that have not spoken publicly that will decide it, and It seems it will come down to that day.

But then, I am biased.. :thumbsup:

BearsCountry
February 6th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I could see moving to FBS in Basketball.. But NEVER in Football. Sorry but you lack the facilities and the competition.

Considering our stadium is right behind yours in the Gateway.

MplsBison
February 6th, 2007, 03:51 PM
No one else thinks it's funny that he said FBS for basketball?

BigApp
February 6th, 2007, 03:52 PM

any reason as to why?

JALMOND
February 6th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I voted yes. It seems like a better fit for NDSU and SDSU in the Gateway than for them to be in the Big Sky or Great West.

BisonBacker
February 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
any reason as to why?
They don't want to be a whipping boy ;)

crunifan
February 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
If Illinois State, Indiana State, UNI, Missouri State, or Southern Illinois leave the Gateway/MVC for anything short of a BCS conference, they are completely stupid.

Anything else would be a major step down as far as the basketball is concerned. And that is the big money maker for the schools, basketball and sometimes football.

MplsBison
February 6th, 2007, 05:20 PM
If they could get into the CUSA, that would be one thing

BigApp
February 6th, 2007, 05:22 PM
They don't want to be a whipping boy ;)

well, there's that (for now) :rolleyes: I was looking for something a little more concrete.

BearsCountry
February 6th, 2007, 06:24 PM
any reason as to why?

I think the main reason is they want to the K-State thing with the schedule and dumb it down and get more wins to increase the exposure of the program.

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM
The Gateway would be scary as hell with the addition of the DSU's. Conference play would be a bloodbath, but a lot of fun to watch!

I'd watch....:nod:

crunifan
February 6th, 2007, 07:44 PM
If they could get into the CUSA, that would be one thing

CUSA is an upgrade for football, downgrade for basketball.

Hell, this year, the Big 12 would be a downgrade for basketball.xlolx

FlyYtown
February 6th, 2007, 07:47 PM

I know damn right what I said lol!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
But c-mon... MSU does not belong in BCS and will never go to the BCS. They have never been a major force in I-AA like YSU or UNI or Montana, etc.

Fresno St. Alum
February 7th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Hey, YSU you guys have a cool nickname so why don't you have a freakin' Penguin on your helmet? The Y needs an update.

February 7th, 2007, 03:06 AM
I like the Y

FlyYtown
February 7th, 2007, 05:34 AM
The Y is vintage Youngstown. I love the Y. Here's the Y.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2168/biglogoea4.jpg

dbackjon
February 7th, 2007, 08:47 AM
The Y is vintage Youngstown. I love the Y. Here's the Y.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2168/biglogoea4.jpg

So where are the "M" "C" and "A"??

GABison
February 7th, 2007, 09:42 AM
I think we will be accepted. First time the presidents have gone to the winter meeting and NDSU and SDSU were also invited to attend. Hardly the way to say "Thanks but no thanks".:)

MplsBison
February 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Hell, this year, the Big 12 would be a downgrade for basketball.

Texas AM, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech wouldn't win more than 50% against SIU, Creighton, MSU, UNI, Bradley, and Wichita?

I give you at most 2 games out of 6.

lizrdgizrd
February 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
I saw that too. xlolx

Go Bison
February 7th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I think we will be accepted. First time the presidents have gone to the winter meeting and NDSU and SDSU were also invited to attend. Hardly the way to say "Thanks but no thanks".:)

That would really be a kick in the pants if they have the presidents of NDSU and SDSU there and they vote against expansion. Personally that would be worse than being rejected by the Big Sky.

crunifan
February 7th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Texas AM, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech wouldn't win more than 50% against SIU, Creighton, MSU, UNI, Bradley, and Wichita?

I give you at most 2 games out of 6.

It's a good thing both conferences have more teams than that. Sure the very top of the Big 12 is better than the MVC. But the very bottom of the MVC is MUCH better than the very bottom of the Big 12.

We are above them in RPI as well as the Big East

Fresno St. Alum
February 7th, 2007, 04:49 PM
With S.Illinois-Edwardsville moving to D-I will S.Illinois start being called S.Illinois-Carbondale? So SIUE and SIUC.

BisonBacker
February 7th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Some interesting comments in this article. February has already been an interesting month with signing day and now we wait for the 19th.xcoffeex

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=82353

SO ILLmatic
February 7th, 2007, 04:59 PM
With S.Illinois-Edwardsville moving to D-I will S.Illinois start being called S.Illinois-Carbondale? So SIUE and SIUC.

God I hope not. I like to think of SIUE as the red headed step child of the university system. In the early 90's, I believe, the reporters had us labeled as SIU-C during the NCAA tourney. But I think we should be able to stick with "SIU" and Edwardsville going by "SIU-E". Alot of Saluki fans feel the same way.

Fresno St. Alum
February 7th, 2007, 05:06 PM
So kind of like Wisconsin-Madison is just Wiconsin and UW-Green Bay must use the GB. The D-II website is run by Eric Hess from SIUE, I wonder what is going to happen to it when they move up.

X-Factor
February 7th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I guess if Patty can get enough votes by the Feb 19th meeting then they will vote on the expansion, but if she can't get enough votes in the DSU's favor then it wont be voted on untill JUNE.

BearsCountry
February 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM
God I hope not. I like to think of SIUE as the red headed step child of the university system. In the early 90's, I believe, the reporters had us labeled as SIU-C during the NCAA tourney. But I think we should be able to stick with "SIU" and Edwardsville going by "SIU-E". Alot of Saluki fans feel the same way.

The only media that uses the SIUC is St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

BisonBacker
February 12th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Well if you haven't voted yet now is the time to do it, you only have a week left. Well maybe a week unless they delay it. This is going to be a long week.

Keeper
February 13th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Hey Bisonsports, how about a countdown clock until the 2/19
meeting? Make the wait seem longer perhaps. I would be
astounded if they aren't accepted next Monday. I think any
naysayers will be easily convinced, it may be unanimous.

WYOBISONMAN
February 13th, 2007, 08:52 AM

I really, REALLY hope you are right.....

FargoBison
February 14th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Here is an update on expansion from WDAY News in Fargo. The reporter asked the ADs of both MSU and Indiana State their thoughts and this what they said....

Missouri State AD "Traveling that far for game is a concern, but we need to listen to what they have to say. It's only fair to give them a chance. It's becoming very difficult for us to schedule non-conference games. Expenses are an issue, we have a budget of 12 million dollars, even though we dropped 5 sports a year ago."

Indiana St AD- "We're anxious to hear their presentation. They appear to be good fits football-wise but travel is a concern, I don't want to be perceived as being against them. We are willing to listen."

His gut feeling..."I think it will pass they will be invited in."

crunifan
February 15th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Does anyone have any quotes from Rick Hartzell, UNI's Athletic Director, or our coach Mark Farley? I am guessing they are both very hopefull that the two schools are added, but it would be interesting to see actually quotes.

Go Bison
February 15th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Does anyone have any quotes from Rick Hartzell, UNI's Athletic Director, or our coach Mark Farley? I am guessing they are both very hopefull that the two schools are added, but it would be interesting to see actually quotes.

This article is pretty good. AD Rick Hartzell thinks it is a good thing in the long-term. Hopefully others see it like he does.

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2007/02/06/sports/local/doc45c896a1451f6421017164.txt

Northern Iowa athletic director Rick Hartzell isn't sure adding the two Dakota schools is best for his Panther program in the short term, but he has a different long-term perspective.

"Even with the Western Kentucky defection our league is stable. But, the ground is shaking a little bit," he said. "The reason for that is we're not sure about Indiana State's long-term football future, and with Western Illinois being a member of a league (the Mid-Continent) that has a couple of other football-playing I-AA members (Southern Utah and Valparaiso), they could even leave the Gateway at some point in the future, although I know they are committed to the Gateway right now.

"If those two things were to happen, we'd be at five schools and we would not be an NCAA automatic qualifier."

And should the Gateway fall apart, UNI would be one team with few options for conference membership, Hartzell pointed out.

"If we don't get North Dakota State and South Dakota State into our league on our terms, there's a chance that a few years from now we might be begging to get into their league on their terms," he noted.

Hartzell also said that renewing rivalries with the two Dakota state schools would be a positive that Panther fans would hopefully find more attractive than contests against non-league foes like Nicholls State, Northwestern State or Southern Utah.

BisonBacker
February 15th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Let me see if I can get it done....

TonkaBison
February 16th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I'm hopeful but, unlike years past, we are in a win win situation. If we make it in we are in probably the strongest conference in the nation. If we don't then we stay in what is already the strongest conference and build it up to an autobid when UND and USD join.

We will have to play UND again, UGH :splat: but at least we keep Poly and UCD on our schedule year in and year out. :hurray:

ndsubison
February 17th, 2007, 12:34 AM

Tick
Tock
:rotateh:

NDSUFREAK
February 19th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Tick
Tock
:rotateh:

Tomorrow is the day. Big speculation is that the voting won't take place until summer. I would hate to see that happen.

February 19th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Patty V said June meeting was the last for their inclusion for 2008.

NDSUFREAK
February 19th, 2007, 12:17 AM
I'm just crossing my fingers for the least 5 votes and hope they come tomorrow. The waiting has gotten too much.

citdog
February 19th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Maybe they have logged onto this site and seen how y'all behave and decided they didn't want either of you!xlolx

WYOBISONMAN
February 19th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Maybe they have logged onto this site and seen how y'all behave and decided they didn't want either of you!xlolx

Geez....there is a bright remark.......xcoffeex

NDSUFREAK
February 19th, 2007, 12:30 PM
What is the time that they are expected to vote?

Johnny5
February 19th, 2007, 12:43 PM
What is the requirement?

Not sucking? xlolx On a serious note I hope to see the Dakotas in. Better competition means better teams!

JBB
February 19th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Keep this link up:

http://www.bisonzone.com/

If Ralph doesnt get the news first these guys will probably be on top of it.

February 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM
meeting in progress still...

ASU
February 19th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I think they will but I'm not so sure we will get the thumbs up this month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I believe they will....and hope they do. Would like to have seen them in
the Southern Conference, but geographically I guess that would have
been impossible.:thumbsup:

NDSUFREAK
February 19th, 2007, 05:06 PM
No vote today

From Hallstrom in St. Louis: no vote on expansion was taken today. It appears the Gateway presidents need more information and the talk now is of a conference call in perhaps two weeks.

Not sure what that means for NDSU and SDSU.

Posted by: Jeff Kolpack on 2/19/2007 at 4:57 PM

February 19th, 2007, 05:11 PM
more wrangling and arm twisting needed for sure

Mountaineer
February 19th, 2007, 05:12 PM
No vote today

From Hallstrom in St. Louis: no vote on expansion was taken today. It appears the Gateway presidents need more information and the talk now is of a conference call in perhaps two weeks.

Not sure what that means for NDSU and SDSU.

Posted by: Jeff Kolpack on 2/19/2007 at 4:57 PM

Talk about dragging feet! Sheesh. :nono:

I think the Gateway would be better in the long run for the xDSUs, but I wonder if maybe they'll take this as a sign to stay in the GWFC?

BisonBacker
February 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM
What the hell more info do they need??? You have the presidents and the AD's with all the info on either university there to ask whatever questions they wanted and get whatever info they wanted. Maybe the Gateway presidents didn't come to this meeting prepared? I find that hard to believe but I guess they don't feel there's as much urgency around this as NDSU and SDSU. Maybe urgency isn't the right word but this meeting has been planned for how long now and they knew this item was going to be on the agenda so my question to them would be what's so hard to make either a yes or no decision on this? Or at least take the opportunity to get all the info today and then discuss it and announce one way or the other with in a week or is that asking to much? :bang:

BisonBacker
February 19th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Talk about dragging feet! Sheesh. :nono:

I think the Gateway would be better in the long run for the xDSUs, but I wonder if maybe they'll take this as a sign to stay in the GWFC?

That's been getting batted around quite a bit. I also wonder if those fence riders swayed one of the supposed yes votes to join them on the fence? Why wouldn't a conference that prides itself on Strength jump at an opportunity to take a top 5 team and another in the top 25 of FCS? Makes me wonder about the commitment the Gateway has to that claim of wanting to be one of the Strongest. Oh well so we sit and wait.:twocents:

JBB
February 19th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Im taking them at face value that travel is the issue. You may have two or three schools on the fence or a couple schools that are threatening to leave if we are admitted.

The best thing to do is give them the couple weeks. If there is no positive sign we will have to forget it and continue with the GWFC. Thats not a bad situation.

We just havent had good luck with the BSC or the GFC. They warned us it might be June. Patty must have been expecting this at least a little bit. :rotateh:

Go Bison
February 19th, 2007, 05:31 PM
The thing that bothers me is that NDSU and SDSU's Presidents and ADs were at this meeting and they couldn't even get an answer. Why did they even invite them to come if they can't even make a decision.

I think the travel deal is a cop out. With 7 teams in the conference they still need to schedule 5 games and I am sure they would have to travel to one or two of those games.

slostang
February 19th, 2007, 05:44 PM
The thing that bothers me is that NDSU and SDSU's Presidents and ADs were at this meeting and they couldn't even get an answer. Why did they even invite them to come if they can't even make a decision.

I think the travel deal is a cop out. With 7 teams in the conference they still need to schedule 5 games and I am sure they would have to travel to one or two of those games.
My guess is that they were hoping the presentations by NDSU and SDSU would sway the fence sitters. If they felt they had the required number of yes votes (5) they would have voted today. They must of felt that they did not or might not and did not want to risk it not passing. Even if they were to vote you in at a later date, the fact that it was voted down today would have probably left some bad blood.

MplsBison
February 19th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Maybe the Gateway presidents didn't come to this meeting prepared?

Hell no they didn't.

They already know everything they need to know.

They're dragging their feet like little boys hoping this just goes away.

I'm this damn close *holds pointer finger and thumb a few millimeters apart* to saying "f*** em, lets stay in the damn Great West".

NDSUFREAK
February 19th, 2007, 06:35 PM

The travel is bull ****. It isn't like they can't afford it. Every year we have gone to California and every other year we go to California and Utah, and not to mention going to Louisiana, Texas, and Georgia for OOC games. There isn't a team that is more than 1,000 miles away (gateway teams)....in fact not even more than 900 I believe!:mad:

February 19th, 2007, 06:48 PM
...There isn't a team that is more than 1,000 miles away (gateway teams)....in fact not even more than 900 I believe!:mad:Using Yahoo Maps:
Fargo, ND to Youngstown, OH = 1049 miles
Fargo, ND to Carbondale, IL = 997 miles
Brookings, SD to Youngstown, OH = 1032 miles

[edit, fixed SIU miles]

Go Bison
February 19th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Ralph,
Do you have anything to report on today? Just curious.

FargoBison
February 19th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I just got done listening to what a local sports reporter who was in St Louis had to say about the meeting and he thought the Dakota schools and the Gateway are going to talk things over the next week or so and come to terms on a travel subsidy to help teams travel to the Dakota's which is something NDSU is open to doing according to the President. The reporter also said a few Presidents may want to talk things over with board members at their local schools or just think it over for a few days.

All the Gateway Presidents and AD's are on strict orders by Patty V to not talk about expansion so I doubt not much will be made public until they have reached a decision.

AggiePride
February 19th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Yeh, screw those guys. :smiley_wi

GO GWFC!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

BearsCountry
February 19th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Using Yahoo Maps:
Fargo, ND to Carbondale, IL = 2047 miles

Carbondale to Fargo is 941 miles.

BearsCountry
February 19th, 2007, 07:01 PM
It looks like the Gateway presidents wanted to meet face to face with the XDSU schools, here what they want to say and then go back to their schools talk it over and make the best decision for their schools. Sounds like a typical business meeting actually.

slostang
February 19th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Yeh, screw those guys. :smiley_wi

GO GWFC!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Yeah, tell the Gateway to go pound sand. They need the XDSU's more than you need them.:nod:

Long live the GWFC!!!!:thumbsup:

February 19th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Carbondale to Fargo is 941 miles.That's not how Yahoo drives it.

Google drives it in 940 miles. They drive to Youngstown in 1044 miles. They drive from Brookings to YSU in 1023.

NDSUFREAK
February 19th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Carbondale to Fargo is 941 miles.

Yeah, I was going to say.....hmm. I gotta check the miles again.

February 19th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Ralph,
Do you have anything to report on today? Just curious.I can't say. :bang:

BearsCountry
February 19th, 2007, 07:10 PM
That's not how Yahoo drives it.

Google drives it in 940 miles. They drive to Youngstown in 1044 miles. They drive from Brookings to YSU in 1023.

I went to Mapquest, took SIU up through Illinois, Wisconsin, through Minneaopolis into Fargo.

NDSUFREAK
February 19th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Using Yahoo Maps:
Fargo, ND to Carbondale, IL = 2047 miles

I know you have Carbondale wrong so I won't comment on that. Now with those other ones idk what i saw earlier when i did it. But that shouldn't mean that they can't afford a trip like that.

February 19th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Mapquest:
SDSU to YSU= 1025 miles
SDSU to SIU= 799 miles
NDSU to SIU= 942 miles
NDSU to YSU= 1045 miles

February 19th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I know you have Carbondale wrong so I won't comment on that. Now with those other ones idk what i saw earlier when i did it. But that shouldn't mean that they can't afford a trip like that.Oops, it was 997 miles. Weird. Anyway, if you knew it then why did you post "There isn't a team that is more than 1,000 miles away (gateway teams)....in fact not even more than 900 I believe"????????? YSU is more than 1K from both and SIU is more than 900 from Fargo.

AggiePride
February 19th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I can't say. :bang:

Lol, what a tease.

BearsCountry
February 19th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I know the Bears when they play UNI and Youngstown they fly. UNI is 480 miles away and Youngstown is 800 miles away. The rest of the Gateway is on average around 349 miles from MSU. Thats a five to six hour bus ride.

Go Bison
February 19th, 2007, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=slostang]Yeah, tell the Gateway to go pound sand. QUOTE]

xlolx THat is funny. I laughed pretty hard on that one. xlolx

Shockerman
February 19th, 2007, 07:33 PM
It sounds like the Bison may be getting the run around again. If so that is ridiculous. I have always hoped that the Gateway would change its name back to the Valley once the Shox bring back football. However, who want to be part of a league that doesn't demand the best and expect it from their members. For once I am glad that the Gateway isn't referred to as the MVC. The Valley prides itself as wanting to be a high major. The talk of not wanting a team to join because they are to good for your league is shameful.

If the certain teams in the Gateway demand that travel comp be included as part of the deal, then I say piss on them. You guys have a damn fine league in the GWFC and instead of giving the Gateway teams what they want why don't the 5 and soon to be 7 come together and sweeten the pot for Western Illinois to come on over. It makes sense as they are in the Mid-con with fellow GWFC members.
The new Mid con/Great West Football league would look like this.
NDSU
UND
SDSU
USD
SUU
WIU
POLY
UCD
Possibly either San diego or Sac U
That makes for a perfect 9
I hate to bash on the Gateway, but what do you expect?

Go Bison
February 19th, 2007, 07:42 PM
It sounds like the Bison may be getting the run around again. If so that is ridiculous. I have always hoped that the Gateway would change its name back to the Valley once the Shox bring back football. However, who want to be part of a league that doesn't demand the best and expect it from their members. For once I am glad that the Gateway isn't referred to as the MVC. The Valley prides itself as wanting to be a high major. The talk of not wanting a team to join because they are to good for your league is shameful.

If the certain teams in the Gateway demand that travel comp be included as part of the deal, then I say piss on them. You guys have a damn fine league in the GWFC and instead of giving the Gateway teams what they want why don't the 5 and soon to be 7 come together and sweeten the pot for Western Illinois to come on over. It makes sense as they are in the Mid-con with fellow GWFC members.
NDSU
UND
SDSU
USD
SUU
WIU
POLY
UCD

First of all, as a Bison fan I have a lot of respect for the MVC and its decisions to be a strong conference. NDSU would love to play some of your schools in basketball.
Travel comp? What is that all about? Do any other leagues do this?

Maybe Western Illinois should come over to the Great West.

FargoBison
February 19th, 2007, 07:46 PM
After the reporter got off the radio(who was speculating on the travel subsidy) our AD went on and said just one school asked about it and he didn't think it was a big deal.

Really, I don't think the Gateway has a choice here, they may say 7 is fine but if they lose 1 school the league will be in serious trouble. Our AD also said that the other ADs will eventually figure out that if you stay at 7 and have to find 5 non-conference games a year you will end up traveling for one or maybe two games by plane.

FargoBison
February 19th, 2007, 07:49 PM
NDSU
UND
SDSU
USD
SUU
WIU
POLY
UCD

That looks fine, except Sac St they can pound sand for all I care.

BearsCountry
February 19th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I know WIU is in your conference but would they want to give up the short trips and big paydays from the visitors who travel in state and from UNI for trips to California and Utah?

FargoBison
February 19th, 2007, 07:57 PM
I know WIU is in your conference but would they want to give up the short trips and big paydays from the visitors who travel in state and from UNI for trips to California and Utah?

Only if the Gateway was on the verge of collapse would they leave for the Great West. They have a good thing going in the Gateway as far as location goes, Great West would a ton of expenses.

February 19th, 2007, 08:06 PM
... I hate to bash on the Gateway, but what do you expect?Not to bash on the Gateway for no reason. :nod:

bcrawf
February 19th, 2007, 08:13 PM
UNI flys everywhere except Western Illinois, just because its only about 3 hours...

Its not UNI that is holding everything here...

BearsCountry
February 19th, 2007, 08:28 PM
UNI flys everywhere except Western Illinois, just because its only about 3 hours...

MSU flys everywhere in basketball.

bcrawf
February 19th, 2007, 08:30 PM
We do as well, sans Drake...

NDSUFREAK
February 19th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Oops, it was 997 miles. Weird. Anyway, if you knew it then why did you post "There isn't a team that is more than 1,000 miles away (gateway teams)....in fact not even more than 900 I believe"????????? YSU is more than 1K from both and SIU is more than 900 from Fargo.

That is why I said I believe after the 900. 30-40 miles over 1k? ok then. But with travel they should be able to afford the expenses that would follow.
What would be the reason that they couldn't?

Johnny5
February 20th, 2007, 10:18 AM

It is the same schools that have been whining the whole time.....:twocents:

Go Bison
February 20th, 2007, 10:20 AM
What was it like when Youngstown State and Western Kentucky joined the Gateway? Was there the same opposition? Thanks in advance.

Cap'n Cat
February 20th, 2007, 10:24 AM

Probably not. How superficial..... :rolleyes:

Also, remember, unlike the Big Sky, the Gateway is NOT a one-team conference.

MplsBison
February 20th, 2007, 11:30 AM
It's comical that SIU is trying to get bribes from NDSU and SDSU.

If you don't get the SUs in the Gateway you're just going to have to fly to some other school for a game.

I doubt highly that the SUs will cave in to the ridiculous idea of paying a travel subsidy.

BisonBacker
February 20th, 2007, 11:32 AM
It's comical that SIU is trying to get bribes from NDSU and SDSU.

If you don't get the SUs in the Gateway you're just going to have to fly to some other school for a game.

I doubt highly that the SUs will cave in to the ridiculous idea of paying a travel subsidy.
Don't be so sure about that.

MplsBison
February 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Obviously it depends on the size.

10k, ok sure.

100k, go eat crap and die.

BearsCountry
February 20th, 2007, 11:51 AM
I dont really think SIU has to hope on a plane to get OOC games, the OVC has a few members with in easy driving range of SIU's campus.

JBB
February 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Right now its a poker game. Conferences dont always make the right choices. They will be faced with a growing GWFC if they fumble the ball on these negotiatins. If they dont take the Mighty Land Grants who will they take, or maybe 7 is just perfect?

The Mighty Land Grants are fine either way. Each has its advantages. Its not like we are over a barrel.

MplsBison
February 20th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I dont really think SIU has to hope on a plane to get OOC games, the OVC has a few members with in easy driving range of SIU's campus.

Meh, I still don't give a damn.

Screw SIU if they think they can get a bribe from us to join their mafia.

We have the Great West and it's not worth 100k a year for the autobid.

GaSouthern
February 20th, 2007, 04:39 PM
NDSU needs better opponents, I voted yes

BisonBacker
February 20th, 2007, 06:09 PM
NDSU needs better opponents, I voted yes
It's tough to get any better then UCDavis or Cal-Poly, we just need more like them.:hurray:

February 20th, 2007, 06:17 PM
It's tough to get any better...How about joining this:
YSU
ILS
SIU
UNI
WIU
INS
MSU

BearsCountry
February 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM
How about joining this:
YSU
ILS
SIU
UNI
WIU
INS
MSU

I dont know, SIU is a money grubbing school how dare them try to get an entrance fee.

AggiePride
February 20th, 2007, 06:29 PM
How about joining this:
YSU
ILS
SIU
UNI
WIU
INS
MSU

I think this looks better :nod:

NDSU
SDSU
UCD
Cal Poly
SUU
USD
UND

bigd
February 20th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I like that Aggie Pride, but I will expand on it:

Cal Poly
North Dakota
North Dakota State
Sac State
San Diego
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Southern Utah
UC Davis

RabidRabbit
February 20th, 2007, 06:36 PM

Cal Poly
North Dakota
North Dakota State
Sac State
San Diego
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Southern Utah
UC Davis

Portland St. would be good choice also. Even Northern Colorado back, or Western Ill joining.

AggiePride
February 20th, 2007, 06:37 PM

Cal Poly
North Dakota
North Dakota State
Sac State
San Diego
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Southern Utah
UC Davis

Uh oh, green cookie monster is gonna have a fit that you included Sac.

Anyways, two TBA's are floating out there somewhere.

February 20th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I think this looks better :nod:
NDSU
SDSU
UCD
Cal Poly
SUU
USD
UNDThat or this:
YSU
ILS
SIU
UNI
NDSU
SDSU
WIU
INS
MSU

AggiePride
February 20th, 2007, 06:44 PM
That or this:
YSU
ILS
SIU
UNI
NDSU
SDSU
WIU
INS
MSU

NDSU
SDSU
UCD
Cal Poly
SUU
USD
UND
TBA
TBA

Watch out, the TBA's are really tough and have my respect, they are found on almost every schools schedule EVERY YEAR and take games at the drop of a hat, but oddly teams always chicken out and replace them at the last minute.

I think NDSU and SDSU fans would have more interest in playing the combo of USD, UND, Cal Poly and Davis than any four team combo you could choose from that list, easily :nod:

Oh yeh, and we won't leave them with a bill when we visit, either : smh :

FargoBison
February 20th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I think NDSU and SDSU fans would have more interest in playing the combo of USD, UND, Cal Poly and Davis than any four team combo you could choose from that list, easily :nod:

Oh yeh, and we won't leave them with a bill when we visit, either : smh :

It wouldn't be an easy decision either way, we like and respect both conferences. The Gateway does fit our school better and that is why our Admin is looking into to it, no offense to the Great West but that is just the way it is. If they say no then we will be happy with making the Great West into a long term option and into a real I-AA power conference.

AggiePride
February 20th, 2007, 06:57 PM
It wouldn't be an easy decision either way, we like and respect both conferences. The Gateway does fit our school better and that is why our Admin is looking into to it, no offense to the Great West but that is just the way it is.

Just having fun. I hope you guys choose exactly what you think is best.

FargoBison
February 20th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Just having fun. I hope you guys choose exactly what you think is best.

No matter what happens I hope NDSU keeps playing UCD, the games have been a lot of fun.

February 20th, 2007, 07:03 PM
NDSU
SDSU
UCD
Cal Poly
SUU
USD
UND
TBA
TBAI don't think San Diego is ready for scholarship football right yet. :p

Fresno St. Alum
February 20th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I like this

Gateway
Mizz St.
UNI
YSU
WIU
Ill St.
Ind St.
SIU
NDSU
SDSU

GWFC
UCD
Cal Ploy
SUU(I want them in the Sky)
N.Dak
S.Dak
San Diego(when ready PFL is all over the USA)
C.Mizz(from D-II)
Wayne St.(from D-II)

Johnny5
February 21st, 2007, 01:07 AM
Portland St. would be good choice also. Even Northern Colorado back, or Western Ill joining.

Why would WIU join the GWFC? It doesn't make sense geographically for them, or for the a majority of the teams in the conference. If they left the Gateway they'd probably go to a conference that is more regionally beneficial to them. Besides I think they are happy where they are...I mean they have been a tough opponent and usually very competitive in conference. As far as MPLsBison...boss man we are not a Mafia or gang, just because one or a couple in our group makes some sort of demands no matter how innane they are. I am sure there was some sort of ruckus created over WKU and YSU joining the Gateway when they did. Guess what folks they won the Conference a combined 3 times since joining it. Hardly dominating the conference in my opinion. Also, between the two of them they brought 2 National titles to the Conference. What they did and what the Dakotas will do is raise the competition level of the entire conference. I think the additions of YSU/WKU at the time were good for the conference, just like now the Dakotas are. They will bring us to the next level of great competition, making an elite conference even tougher from top to bottom. Sure there are problems with travel, but the trips are made usually every other year (excluding playoff matchups). Don't forget the Dakotas have to travel to the other Gateway schools as well, so it isn't like you folks from Carbondale or us Youngstowners will be travelling to the Dakotas every year...without anything in return. I think the pros far outweigh the Cons in this situation.

Hammersmith
February 21st, 2007, 05:45 AM
It sounds like the Dakota offer of travel subsidies is off the table. At least one Gateway school has contacted NDSU about a possible $500,000 initiation fee. No chance of that. A $250,000 fee might be considered, but I don't know if it would be accepted. It still sounds like this might happen sometime in early March, but I'm also getting the sense that NDSU is ready to walk away if the terms are unreasonable.

Sources:
NDSU won’t pay travel subsidies (http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/157304)
WDAY TV(click more stories, then: NDSU Bison: "Negotiating?" (http://www.in-forum.com/av/index.cfm?id=12781&CFID=21226575&CFTOKEN=10515506&jsessionid=8830334e69771c33583f)

Also, I think the Gateway schools are trying to off our pres and AD:
Emergency landing (http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/157297)

BisonBacker
February 21st, 2007, 07:14 AM
I think the representatives of the Gateway got a little too greedy and the representatives of the Dakota's know there is a good base of people who would be in favor of staying in the GWFC and building it even more. I got a little heat when I brought up the travel question in another thread and I think now people are starting to see what I was getting at. The XDSU's will walk away from the table if the Gateway folks think it's going to be as one sports talk show host called it extortion.

BisonBacker
February 21st, 2007, 07:22 AM
Well it's true, they did get too greedy, NDSU took the offer of travel subsidies off the table.
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/157304

RabidRabbit
February 21st, 2007, 07:39 AM
Why would WIU join the GWFC? It doesn't make sense geographically for them, or for the a majority of the teams in the conference. If they left the Gateway they'd probably go to a conference that is more regionally beneficial to them. Besides I think they are happy where they are...I mean they have been a tough opponent and usually very competitive in conference. As far as MPLsBison...boss man we are not a Mafia or gang, just because one or a couple in our group makes some sort of demands no matter how innane they are. I am sure there was some sort of ruckus created over WKU and YSU joining the Gateway when they did. Guess what folks they won the Conference a combined 3 times since joining it. Hardly dominating the conference in my opinion. Also, between the two of them they brought 2 National titles to the Conference. What they did and what the Dakotas will do is raise the competition level of the entire conference. I think the additions of YSU/WKU at the time were good for the conference, just like now the Dakotas are. They will bring us to the next level of great competition, making an elite conference even tougher from top to bottom. Sure there are problems with travel, but the trips are made usually every other year (excluding playoff matchups). Don't forget the Dakotas have to travel to the other Gateway schools as well, so it isn't like you folks from Carbondale or us Youngstowners will be travelling to the Dakotas every year...without anything in return. I think the pros far outweigh the Cons in this situation.

The Gateway is the "natural" choice conference for the XDSU's. Mid-west, tough, and similiar in sponsored sports. Why would WIU change to the Great West? It's called the MID-CON. SDSU, NDSU, SUU & WIU are members of the Mid-Con. Should USD/UND be invited to Great West and eventually Mid-Con you'd have 6 teams all playing all sports, and WIU would likely be moved, either by changing conference (MVC?) or to the Mid-CON football conference.:twocents:

MplsBison
February 21st, 2007, 09:00 AM
I don't think San Diego is ready for scholarship football right yet. :p

www.usd.edu => South Dakota

www.sandiego.edu/ => San Diego

Therefore, USD = South Dakota

February 21st, 2007, 02:51 PM
www.usd.edu => South Dakota
www.sandiego.edu/ => San Diego
Therefore, USD = South DakotaSorry.
D-I USD= University of San Diego
D-II USD= University of South Dakota

URLs don't determine what a team's acronym is and when USDak moves to D-I the USD acronym is already taken.

lizrdgizrd
February 21st, 2007, 03:07 PM
Sorry.
D-I USD= University of San Diego
D-II USD= University of South Dakota

URLs don't determine what a team's acronym is and when USDak moves to D-I the USD acronym is already taken.
So, who's ASU then?

Peems
February 21st, 2007, 04:00 PM
So, who's ASU then?

which ever university came first.

lizrdgizrd
February 21st, 2007, 04:04 PM
which ever university came first.
There's a bunch of ASUs in FBS and FCS. There's at least 3 GSUs in FCS alone. Why not more than one USD?

February 21st, 2007, 04:17 PM
There's a bunch of ASUs in FBS and FCS. There's at least 3 GSUs in FCS alone. Why not more than one USD?Usually they are called different when you have conflicting acronyms or they are called by the name instead. The Gateway for instance calls Illinois St and Indiana St, ILS and INS.

Who are the three GSUs in FCS?

aggie6thman
February 21st, 2007, 04:22 PM
Usually they are called different when you have conflicting acronyms or they are called by the name instead. The Gateway for instance calls Illinois St and Indiana St, ILS and INS.

Georgia Southern
Grambling State
?

crunifan
February 21st, 2007, 04:23 PM
I plan on referring to USD as South Dakota, not San Diego. Here in Iowa, they have more importance to me than San Diego and therefore they come first.

To say San Diego gets USD because they were here first is ridiculous. FU then is Fordham, correct? Furman apparently needs to get a new abbrevation. And what about Hampton? We can't refer to them as HU, because Harvard was there first.

Great logic there.

Thank God UNI is the only UNI and will be the only UNI. :nod:

lizrdgizrd
February 21st, 2007, 04:30 PM
Usually they are called different when you have conflicting acronyms or they are called by the name instead. The Gateway for instance calls Illinois St and Indiana St, ILS and INS.

Georgia Southern
Grambling State
Georgia State (I know, not yet...but maybe) :smiley_wi

MplsBison
February 21st, 2007, 04:35 PM
URLs don't determine what a team's acronym is

Yes they do.

THE HERD
February 21st, 2007, 05:19 PM
I would just as soon stay in the GWFC, its already rated number one and once UND and USD join it will only get stronger. As far as the auto bid goes who cares, as strong as the conference is whoever wins it is going to the playoffs for sure. So, in my mind the auto bid is a moot point.:twocents:

griz&beer
February 23rd, 2007, 12:19 AM
When do we find out about the gateway decision?

Tod
February 23rd, 2007, 12:27 AM
When do we find out about the gateway decision?

From the Gateway website - "On Monday (Feb. 19), the Gateway Football Conference conducted its annual meetings. At the meetings, representatives of North Dakota State and South Dakota State met with league representatives to explore membership possibilities . No decisions were made, however, additional information is being sought and further discussions are anticipated in early March".

February 23rd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Yes they do.:rolleyes: The most annoying member of AGS strikes again! : smh :

Fresno St. Alum
February 23rd, 2007, 12:52 AM
Ralph, who is your team?

February 23rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
Ralph, who is your team?Although this is off-topic and should be a PM, I went to a school that doesn't sponsor football. I love all the FCS teams equally.

BisonBacker
February 23rd, 2007, 07:21 AM
:rolleyes: The most annoying member of AGS strikes again! : smh :
hmmm I think I'd nominate DaveK for that honor :nod:

February 23rd, 2007, 07:27 AM
hmmm I think I'd nominate DaveK for that honor :nod:http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19480

Johnny5
February 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
I'd like to say with the Gateway dragging their feet and some members making ridiculous demands they probably missed having 2 great teams join their conference. If that is true let me say in advance: "way to drop the ball"

February 23rd, 2007, 04:09 PM
I'd like to say with the Gateway dragging their feet and some members making ridiculous demands they probably missed having 2 great teams join their conference. If that is true let me say in advance: "way to drop the ball"See I just don't understand this reasoning. How did the Gateway drop the ball? They had one face to face meeting and went back to their schools to make a decision. Seems very normal to me. :confused: BTW, you say you are a YSU fan but said "their" conference. It's YSU's conference too. Or are you not a YSU person?

BisonBacker
February 23rd, 2007, 04:20 PM
This isn't done yet. Listening to our AD yesterday on the radio it sounded very positive for us. I'm hopeful they can get this thing wrapped up in early March during their tele-conference.

JMUFortier
February 23rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
I plan on referring to USD as South Dakota, not San Diego. Here in Iowa, they have more importance to me than San Diego and therefore they come first.

To say San Diego gets USD because they were here first is ridiculous. FU then is Fordham, correct? Furman apparently needs to get a new abbrevation. And what about Hampton? We can't refer to them as HU, because Harvard was there first.

Great logic there.

Thank God UNI is the only UNI and will be the only UNI. :nod:

I am very thankful we do not have to worry about that at JMU...our letters are so odd...our only conflict is with a place names John Moores University in the UK.

Johnny5
February 24th, 2007, 02:41 AM
See I just don't understand this reasoning. How did the Gateway drop the ball? They had one face to face meeting and went back to their schools to make a decision. Seems very normal to me. :confused: BTW, you say you are a YSU fan but said "their" conference. It's YSU's conference too. Or are you not a YSU person?

I said IF the Gateway loses out on the Dakotas they dropped the ball. I am a YSU person but I am not affliated with the athletics department, so I do not say I am part of the conference. I know YSU is in the Gateway...but it is their conference not mine, since I don't get a say in anything that happens within it. Quite honestly I do think they are dragging their feet with this issue....but it happens. The question is: When is it go time? The other thing is this: Do not make ridiculous demands of people joining your conference. It is poor form.