PDA

View Full Version : Portland St Releases Schedule

TexasTerror
February 5th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Great job, Vikings! One FBS foe this year and then you got some pretty good FCS competition in UC-Davis and McNeese...

--------------
The Portland State Athletics Department has released its 2007 football schedule, featuring the eight-game Big Sky Conference slate, the Southland Conference Champion, regional rival UC Davis and Mountain West Conference opponent San Diego State.

Portland State will play a balanced schedule with five home games, including two in September, two in October and one in November. The Vikings, who were 7-4 in 2006, never play more than two straight at home or on the road.

The Vikings will open at Southland Champion and playoff participant McNeese State (7-5 in 2006) on Sept. 1. The contest is a return game for the 2004 game between the schools in Portland. The Vikings won that one, 35-14.

http://goviks.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=2639

Date Opponent Location Kickoff
Sept. 1 McNeese State Lake Charles, LA TBA
Sept. 8 UC Davis PGE Park 6:05
Sept. 15 Sacramento State* PGE Park 6:05 p.m.
Sept. 22 @ San Diego State San Diego, CA TBA
Sept. 29 @ Eastern Washington* Cheney, WA TBA
Oct. 6 Northern Arizona* PGE Park 6:05
Oct. 13 Open
Oct. 20 @ Idaho State* Pocatello, ID 2:05 p.m. PT
Oct. 27 Weber State* PGE Park 6:05 p.m.
Nov. 3 @ Montana* Missoula, MT 11:05 a.m. PT
Nov. 10 Montana State* PGE Park 6:05 p.m.
Nov. 17 @ Northern Colorado* Greeley, CO TBA
* Big Sky Conference game
All games broadcast on 93.1 FM KTRO and www. 931fmktro.com

NE MT GRIZZ
February 5th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Tough schedule. I'd fill that open date with Cupcake U. or they're in danger of missing the playoffs again.

NoCoDanny
February 5th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Tough schedule. I'd fill that open date with Cupcake U. or they're in danger of missing the playoffs again.

They can't, we're already scheduled on November 17th.

Mountaineer
February 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
They can't, we're already scheduled on November 17th.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You certainly have that self-deprecating thing down. :D :rotateh:

BigApp
February 5th, 2007, 05:23 PM
PSU @ McNeese State

veddy veddy in-ta-reth-ing

griz37
February 5th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Very nice schedule, hopefully PSU can do like Cal Poly & takeout the Aztecs in San Diego.

Jackluv
February 5th, 2007, 06:48 PM

their sched. was harder last year. i think every game is winnable.....they could go undefeated

Bison_Kent
February 5th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Who is San Diego playing Sept. 22? I smell another two game-one day trip if USD is at home.

TexasTerror
February 5th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Who is San Diego playing Sept. 22? I smell another two game-one day trip if USD is at home.

2007 Tentative Schedule for USD...

9/1 @Azusa Pacific
9/8 Marist
9/15 Northern Colorado
9/22 BYE
9/29 @Butler
10/6 @Valpo
10/13 Drake
10/20 Jacksonville
10/27 @Dayton
11/3 Davidson
11/10 @Morehead State
11/17 @UC Davis

Bison_Kent, you still planning on making a trip to the Cajun Corner of Nicholls and SELA? :thumbsup:

McNeese75
February 5th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Great job, Vikings! One FBS foe this year and then you got some pretty good FCS competition in UC-Davis and McNeese...

--------------
The Portland State Athletics Department has released its 2007 football schedule, featuring the eight-game Big Sky Conference slate, the Southland Conference Champion, regional rival UC Davis and Mountain West Conference opponent San Diego State.

Portland State will play a balanced schedule with five home games, including two in September, two in October and one in November. The Vikings, who were 7-4 in 2006, never play more than two straight at home or on the road.

The Vikings will open at Southland Champion and playoff participant McNeese State (7-5 in 2006) on Sept. 1. The contest is a return game for the 2004 game between the schools in Portland. The Vikings won that one, 35-14.

Oct. 13 Open

You can take that TBA off the first game. Cowboys feed at night, the game will be at 7:00 PM :D

Bison_Kent
February 6th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Bison_Kent, you still planning on making a trip to the Cajun Corner of Nicholls and SELA? :thumbsup:

I will have to see. Is there a weekend when both are at home? It would be good to get two games in one trip.

February 6th, 2007, 06:53 AM
I will have to see. Is there a weekend when both are at home? It would be good to get two games in one trip.Atta boy! :thumbsup:

Grizzaholic
February 6th, 2007, 10:16 AM

--------------

Oct. 13 Open

I would love to have that schedule. Atleast over our current one. :bang: :bang:

Peems
February 6th, 2007, 10:21 AM
their sched. was harder last year. i think every game is winnable.....they could go undefeated

bite your tongue! they still have to come to missoula!

VictorG
February 6th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Ya................no..10 -1 maybe!;) ;) :D

McNeese75
February 6th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Ya................no..10 -1 maybe!;) ;) :D

10-1 :confused: Griz plan on losing to the Vikes this year????

VictorG
February 6th, 2007, 12:05 PM
10-1 :confused: Griz plan on losing to the Vikes this year????

Ha,ha.........no!..Griz will run the table in the BSC again next year baring an injury plaged year. Only OOC game Griz will loose is if we schedule a big $$ game against another big time program.

This past year the Griz were so close to going all the way and IMO what stooped them was the loss of BOTH of their BIG backs. Lex Hilliard and Coleman. Had either one of them been available 3rd and 1 would have been a running down instead of a 20 yard pass play!

89Hen
February 6th, 2007, 12:27 PM
:eyebrow: I agree that every game is winnable, but undefeated? When was the last time anybody outside of Montana has done that in the Big Sky?

Peems
February 6th, 2007, 12:40 PM
:eyebrow: I agree that every game is winnable, but undefeated? When was the last time anybody outside of Montana has done that in the Big Sky?

good question, i dont think its happened in a while(besides the griz last year of course)

89Hen
February 6th, 2007, 12:49 PM
good question, i dont think its happened in a while(besides the griz last year of course)
Montana - 2006, 2001, 2000, 1996, 1993
Nevada - 1991
Idaho - 1989
Nevada - 1986
NAU - 1978 (I don't think the BSC was in I-AA then)

JALMOND
February 6th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Actually, it may be tougher than it looks. I like the FBS game (San Diego State), but we play three playoff participants from last year, two of them on the road (McNeese and Montana). We have never played well in Cheney and Pocatello, and our record in Missoula since we joined the Big Sky is probably better left unsaid. Hard to imagine that the first game of the year would have playoff implications, but the loser between us and McNeese might have to win their conference in order to get into the playoffs. Heck, even going to Greeley in the middle of November does not sound inviting.

I'd say two losses right off the bat (Montana and FBS San Diego State), and four iffy games (McNeese, Davis, EWU and Montana State). We should be favored in the other five.

Peems
February 6th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Montana - 2006, 2001, 2000, 1996, 1993
Nevada - 1991
Idaho - 1989
Nevada - 1986
NAU - 1978 (I don't think the BSC was in I-AA then)

looks like i was right, its been awhile. None of those schools are even in the big sky anymore(as you mentioned the NAU thing). where did you find the numbers?

89Hen
February 6th, 2007, 03:15 PM
looks like i was right, its been awhile. None of those schools are even in the big sky anymore(as you mentioned the NAU thing). where did you find the numbers?
Through 2004 (you have to do the last two years manually. ;) )...

http://www.bigskyconf.com/articles/artfiles/58550_05guidesec3.pdf

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 6th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Through 2004 (you have to do the last two years manually. ;) )...

http://www.bigskyconf.com/articles/artfiles/58550_05guidesec3.pdf

Just to help out....

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/bigsky/champions.php

*Conference Records listed only...(I believe)