09/15 @ Iona
09/22 Duquesne
09/29 @ Wagner
10/06 Monmouth
10/13 @ Albany
10/27 Saint Francis (PA)
11/03 @ CCSU
11/10 @ Robert Morris

http://sacredheartpioneers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/saht-m-footbl-sched.html

th0m
February 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM
So what is your Assumption of their record next year? xlolx

aceinthehole
February 5th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Too bad that's a weak schedule. And they are going on the road for a D-II game?

SHU was making some progress scheduling with Holy Cross and Lafayette in years past, but 3 MAAC teams and a bad D-II team isn't helping their profile this season.

It looks like they were scheduling for wins. They could go 5-5.

BobbyMo
February 5th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Good to see at least one of RMU's with a date. I am with you ACE as far as the wins go. Might be able to get 6, but i certainly can not see more than that.

BigApp
February 5th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I see 2 wins, max of 3.

BobbyMo
February 5th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I see 2 wins, max of 3.

Who do you have APP?

I have the D2, Wagner, St. Francis, La Salle, Iona, and maybe just catch a break with one of the others.

(I do not know anything about the D2 school)

Edit: I just looked at their record last year, from the score alone they gave Duquesne a good game.

BigApp
February 5th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at a loss to the D2. It's a road game, meaning it's bigger for Assumpton to win, and I'm certain they'll be pumped up to face a 'higher level' team at home. Wagner and Iona are also road games.

On the surface, their 'easier' games are mostly on the road.

danefan
February 5th, 2007, 07:42 PM
08/30 @ Assumption
09/08 La Salle
09/15 @ Iona
09/22 Duquesne
09/29 @ Wagner
10/06 Monmouth
10/13 @ Albany
10/27 Saint Francis (PA)
11/03 @ CCSU
11/10 @ Robert Morris

http://sacredheartpioneers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/saht-m-footbl-sched.html

You have to be kidding me with this schedule.
You can't get a DII school to come to your place the first game of the season? Thats ridiculous.

Model Citizen
February 5th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Assumption is D-III.

BobbyMo
February 5th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Assumption is D-III.

Christ, that sounds like a recent RMU schedule (hopefully not anymore).

danefan
February 5th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Assumption is D-III.

Even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

downbythebeach
February 5th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Assumption is not DIII

They are DII

in the Northeast 10

Model Citizen
February 5th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Assumption is not DIII

They are DII

in the Northeast 10

You're right. I knew they were non-scholly...but got the classification wrong.

BobbyMo
February 5th, 2007, 10:10 PM
You're right. I knew they were non-scholly...but got the classification wrong.

Well either way, I hope the Heart smokes them.:hurray: :nod: :hurray: :nod:

DetroitFlyer
February 6th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Last I checked, the champion of this conference gets a bid to the Divison II playoffs.... Draw you own conclusions....

footballman65
February 6th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Last I checked, the champion of this conference gets a bid to the Divison II playoffs.... Draw you own conclusions....

Yeah but they never make it out of the north east

rcny46
February 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Assumption played Nicholls State last season in Louisiana,and lost 44-0 if I remember correctly.

BigApp
February 6th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I'll conclude that D2 playoffs are an entirely different animal than ours.

Dane96
February 6th, 2007, 12:19 PM
xcoffeex

Oh...SIGH....Albany played in the former variation of this conference...and went 11-0 and 11-1. That was right after we moved from DIII to DII. The EFC merged with the weaker NE-10 schools to form a football conference. Post and AIC are pretty good...but nothing great. Southern USED TO BE GOOD.

The conference is WEAK!

aceinthehole
February 6th, 2007, 01:25 PM
xcoffeex

Oh...SIGH....Albany played in the former variation of this conference...and went 11-0 and 11-1. That was right after we moved from DIII to DII. The EFC merged with the weaker NE-10 schools to form a football conference. Post and AIC are pretty good...but nothing great. Southern USED TO BE GOOD.

The conference is WEAK!

Dane,

Actually, Southern Connecticut State has made the D-II playoffs out of the NE-10 in the last 2 seasons (2005 and 2006) as an at-large. It was the first ever appearances for the Owls belive it or not. New Haven was the juggernaut in the region that took most of the playoff bids. However, SCSU is still a very good D-II team :)

http://www.southernowls.com/teams/football/home.php

danefan
February 6th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Dane,

Actually, Southern Connecticut State has made the D-II playoffs out of the NE-10 in the last 2 seasons (2005 and 2006) as an at-large. It was the first ever appearances for the Owls belive it or not. New Haven was the juggernaut in the region that took most of the playoff bids. However, SCSU is still a very good D-II team :)

Haha. You have to say that, you guys play them every year and this year it was close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nono:

JMG1MON
February 6th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I'm not going to kill Sacred Heart's schedule until I see Monmouth's. We are having a huge problem filling the schedule! I think we have only 7 definite games scheduled. Lafayette fell through and apparently, Stony Brook game wasn't set yet (at least the last I heard about it), although I'm sure that game will be played. Hopefully when we announce our recruiting class tomorrow (press conference at 6 or 7) we will find out more.

Dane96
February 6th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Dane,

I didnt realize that. I knew they were down for sometime (after the mid 90's run).

New Haven was awesome.

danefan
February 6th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I'm still trying to figure out our OOC games too. From the composite schedule on here I get Fordham and Colgate so far. But thats it. I assume Stony Brook. I still haven't seen a complete schedule for Maine or Hofstra, which are two games that fit nicely with us.

I just hope we don't get any crap games. I'd like to play Duquense though. Just at home. We don't need another road game to PA.

Dane96
February 6th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I heard Maine and/or UNH are one of the games...is that possible?

aceinthehole
February 6th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I didnt realize that. I knew they were down for sometime (after the mid 90's run).

New Haven was awesome.

Yeah, Southern Conn. isn't a D-II powerhouse like New Haven was, but they've generally been a very good team. The current HC hasn't hasn't had a losing season since 1993. They have put a few former players and coaches in the NFL. Its a top-tier D-II program.

There are certainly better programs in the country, but I would say SCSU is as good, or better than West Chester ;)

danefan
February 6th, 2007, 08:48 PM

UNH is not possible according to the composite schedules posted here.
Maine is possible for 9/15, 9/29, or 10/6.

JMG1MON
February 7th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Oh, I forgot that we have Delaware on the schedule. THerefore, I gather we have the following:

Albany
Wagner
@Sacred Heart
RMU
@CCSU
@SFPA

OOC
@Delaware
@ St. Peter's (please drop this game)
@ Stony Brook probably

Only 9 games, so definitely looking for 2 more hopefully both home!!

aceinthehole
February 7th, 2007, 08:56 AM
FYI - this is what I have for so far for CCSU in 2007:

Home games
10/13 vs. Robert Morris*
11/3 vs. Sacred Heart*
vs. Southern Conn. St. (D-II)
vs. Monmouth*

Away games
9/1 at Towson (CAA)
at Stony Brook (I-AA Independent)
at Albany*
at St. Francis-PA*
at Wagner*

*NEC games

We need 2 more games - I'm afraid St. Peter's (MAAC) my be a home game, but I hope not. I also have a gut feeling that Maine (CAA) may be the other game, but I've heard nothing.

danefan
February 7th, 2007, 09:06 AM
The NEC needs to start stepping up its scheduling releases. The league is getting a lot more attention now and needs to keep up. You can't tell me the schedules aren't set yet. Just release them already.

JMG1MON
February 7th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Monmouth's schedule wasn't set as of a week and a half ago. Hopefully today with the announcement of our recruiting class. Will post that here when it is released.

Bigger things on Monmouth though. MAC re-vote is tomorrow. If not voted in favor of Monmouth, to the courts we go!!!!!!!

danefan
February 7th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Sorry to sound ignorant, but whats the MAC re-vote about?

Dane96
February 7th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Monmouth Athletic Center

danefan
February 7th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks. :-)

BucBloc
February 7th, 2007, 10:03 AM
first post, I do love talking 1-aa FB

Monmouth had Lasalle opt out on them last year, and picked up Morgan St. I would not be suprised if Lasalle is back and comes to WLB. Also some PSAC East schools will be looking for games as Mansfield pulled the plug on their program. Maybe Stroudsburg ,WestChester or Bloomsburg is an option. They play very good football.

danefan
February 7th, 2007, 10:06 AM
first post, I do love talking 1-aa FB

Monmouth had Lasalle opt out on them last year, and picked up Morgan St. I would not be suprised if Lasalle is back and comes to WLB. Also some PSAC East schools will be looking for games as Mansfield pulled the plug on their program. Maybe Stroudsburg ,WestChester or Bloomsburg is an option. They play very good football.

Welcome to the board BucBloc.

They do play good football, but in my mind its a no win situation for an FCS (formerly IAA ) school to play a good DII school. If the FCS school wins, they should have won and it won't help them in their quest for a bid to the playoffs. If they lose, its looked upon as a horrendous loss, no matter how good the DII school is. Its just the perception of playing down a classification that screws you.

JMG1MON
February 7th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Danefan, quick recap for you. Monmouth proposed a 6,000 seat basketball arena. They couldn't get the funding, so they lowered it to 4,700+ seats, hosting 25 capacity events a year there. West Long Branch Zoning Board voted it down (based on some bogus complaints by the townfolk {not going to get into it}). xidiotx Monmouth lowered the capacity by 620 seats and limited capacity events to 12 a year. Board approved it 4-3, but since it required a special variance, it needed 5 votes to begin building. Monmouth has appealed to the board for another vote (knowing that the courts will decide it next). Vote or at least appeal hearing is tomorrow night. :bang:

aceinthehole
February 7th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Danefan, quick recap for you. Monmouth proposed a 6,000 seat basketball arena. They couldn't get the funding, so they lowered it to 4,700+ seats, hosting 25 capacity events a year there. West Long Branch Zoning Board voted it down (based on some bogus complaints by the townfolk {not going to get into it}). xidiotx Monmouth lowered the capacity by 620 seats and limited capacity events to 12 a year. Board approved it 4-3, but since it required a special variance, it needed 5 votes to begin building. Monmouth has appealed to the board for another vote (knowing that the courts will decide it next). Vote or at least appeal hearing is tomorrow night. :bang:

I feel for you guys. I read the APP and it sound like the town-gown relationship in WLB sucks.

A nice 4,500 seat hoops facility sounds nice - I hope you get it done. At CCSU we are begging for a new hoops facility, but focus and funding is on FB first.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 7th, 2007, 02:02 PM

D96, UNH hasn't posted the 2007 schedule on their web site yet, but IIRC they announced it within one of the game notes from last season. Based on that there are no openings on the 2007 schedule. Our OOC will be:

@Marshall
Dartmouth
Iona

For 2008 AFAIK we only have two OOC games inked:

@Army
@Dartmouth

That would make a home game imperative for the last OOC game.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 7th, 2007, 02:10 PM
A nice 4,500 seat hoops facility sounds nice - I hope you get it done. At CCSU we are begging for a new hoops facility, but focus and funding is on FB first.

Are you getting any support from the state? Could work either way -- either too much blacklash from the $93 million given to UConn or use that to leverage the legislature into giving CCSU some support too. Of course, that would mean Eastern, Southern and Western would all be looking for their fair share too, right?

Are the plans to enhance the current stadium or build something new at another location? Last time I was on campus it looked like expansion of the current stadium would be a problem. Can't recall why at the moment, but something was on the "away" side of the field.

aceinthehole
February 7th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Are you getting any support from the state? Could work either way -- either too much blacklash from the $93 million given to UConn or use that to leverage the legislature into giving CCSU some support too. Of course, that would mean Eastern, Southern and Western would all be looking for their fair share too, right?

Are the plans to enhance the current stadium or build something new at another location? Last time I was on campus it looked like expansion of the current stadium would be a problem. Can't recall why at the moment, but something was on the "away" side of the field.

Very little support from the state at the moment, but I hope that changes with the new CSU chancellor and our President at CCSU. I think we are looking for a big bonding package similar to UConn 2000 and 21st UConn. Its a long shot now but well deserved. All the CSU campuses deserve some $$$, but UConn has mismanaged enough state funds to last a lifetime. If we do get money there will be much stste oversight. As it is now all our projects are manageed by the state DPW, whereas UConn had no such requiremnets, hence the fiascos with the library, dorms, etc.

Supposedly there are four proposals, but I haven't seen the drawing for the new CCSU stadium yet. As afr as I can tell it will genearlly be in same spot. Right now the soccer field is on the away side, but I've heard they may reconfigure everything in the area including the baseball and softball fields. The poor design of the current layous is our fault - beacsue we did it in-house instead of hiring a design firm. Trust me that won't happen again, they new design is from Gellar who did lots of work at Boston College.

http://www.gellerdevellis.com/pages/32_athletic_and_recreational.cfm