PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern adds game @ Indiana Oct 7th due to hurricane

Bucs2016
September 12th, 2017, 03:19 PM
http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/charleston-southern-adds-football-game-at-indiana-next-month/article_c8776c9e-97f2-11e7-a47f-17ade883cc39.html

Sadly our game at SC State is canceled for good. 2nd year in a row we lost a game to hurricane. BUT...we picked up a game at Big 10 member Indiana today. Meaning a check! 2nd time we've done this. We got Colorado in 2013 due to floods. That check added new restrooms to visitor side of stadium.

For the love of God CSU put this check into the stadium!!!! Make new seating at section A and C the same as B and move current seating at sections A and C to the visitor side and make that side a little closer to at least maybe make it not-laughable.

Schism55
September 12th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Nice! Get that money ;)

Seawolf97
September 12th, 2017, 07:07 PM
That is great news. Mother Nature works in strange ways sometimes . Good Luck at the Hoosiers !

Laker
September 12th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Enjoy the trip. Cash the check. If you get a win, that is just a bonus.

ElCid
September 12th, 2017, 09:08 PM
http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/charleston-southern-adds-football-game-at-indiana-next-month/article_c8776c9e-97f2-11e7-a47f-17ade883cc39.html

Sadly our game at SC State is canceled for good. 2nd year in a row we lost a game to hurricane. BUT...we picked up a game at Big 10 member Indiana today. Meaning a check! 2nd time we've done this. We got Colorado in 2013 due to floods. That check added new restrooms to visitor side of stadium.

For the love of God CSU put this check into the stadium!!!! Make new seating at section A and C the same as B and move current seating at sections A and C to the visitor side and make that side a little closer to at least maybe make it not-laughable.

But can you win it? Or even keep it competitive? Indiana is a lower tier Big Ten team. Right now after what I saw in the first week, I am going to say no, it won't be close. Not trolling but I really think you guys are going to have issues this year. I was counting on that SC St game to see how you will shake out. Ugh. Stupid Irma. But, money is good in either event. Nice pick up.

cx500d
September 12th, 2017, 09:42 PM

You might win it.

Bucs2016
September 12th, 2017, 10:30 PM
But can you win it? Or even keep it competitive? Indiana is a lower tier Big Ten team. Right now after what I saw in the first week, I am going to say no, it won't be close. Not trolling but I really think you guys are going to have issues this year. I was counting on that SC St game to see how you will shake out. Ugh. Stupid Irma. But, money is good in either event. Nice pick up.

No we won't win. Probably wont be competitive either. Indiana gave Ohio State hell for 3 qtrs. Their QB/WR sets are among the best in the Big10.

Yes....Im starting to worry about our season also. Looked bad vs MSU but MSU is a solid SEC team this year. But losing this game hurts. This Elon game is critical to get things rolling.

Indiana 45
CSU 7

- - - Updated - - -

You might win it.

Nah. Wont even be close. Indiana is better than people think.

Bucs2016
September 12th, 2017, 10:33 PM
But...just looked and they have us sandwiched bt their games vs Penn State and Michigan. So, we likely wont get their A-game. But they'll still beat us by 21+.

bonarae
September 13th, 2017, 06:47 AM
I believe the Hoosiers are definitely too much for the Bucs... the B1G team will win by at least 4 scores...

Bucs2016
September 13th, 2017, 07:57 AM
I believe the Hoosiers are definitely too much for the Bucs... the B1G team will win by at least 4 scores...

We played Illinois a few years ago and they were a bottom Big10 team. Beat us pretty bad.

Closest we've come to an FBS win...Miami-OH and Vandy. Think we led UMOH late and a blocked punt or something screwed us. And in 2014 we had Vandy on the ropes. That one will hurt forever. Took long pass (25 yrds or more) into red zone for winning FG with under 2 mins to play and referee called it back over a SIDELINE WARNING. Seriously. An FCS team hits the likely game winning pass against an SEC team and a ref decides to go sideline penalty at that moment. I'll neber forget it. But Indiana this year is much better than either of those teams.

Anthony215
September 13th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Great pick up game I wonder how Indiana was able to get the Big 10 to back off the no playing FCS opponents.

Bucs2016
September 13th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Great pick up game I wonder how Indiana was able to get the Big 10 to back off the no playing FCS opponents.

Probably just circumstances. Indiana had very few options of teams available that week.

RootinFerDukes
September 13th, 2017, 10:27 AM

The Big 10 is now allowing their members to schedule FCS games again.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/7/24/16020112/big-ten-fcs-opponents-football-scheduling

Anyways, this is obviously a much needed paycheck for CSU, but in terms of their season, they just swapped a likely win for a guaranteed loss. Your margin of error for an at-large spot for the postseason is that much more razor thin.

I never thought any Big South team, including CSU, has any at-large argument, but this probably just guaranteed it's win the BS, or you're not in the field.

walliver
September 13th, 2017, 10:41 AM

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/7/24/16020112/big-ten-fcs-opponents-football-scheduling

Anyways, this is obviously a much needed paycheck for CSU, but in terms of their season, they just swapped a likely win for a guaranteed loss. Your margin of error for an at-large spot for the postseason is that much more razor thin.

I never thought any Big South team, including CSU, has any at-large argument, but this probably just guaranteed it's win the BS, or you're not in the field.

With CCU gone, and Liberty ineligible, the Big South race is really just CSU and Kennesaw. CSU's OOC schedule is really quite weak with games against Point, Mississippi Valley State and Savannah State. An at-large bid, even with a SC State win (which was not guaranteed), was always going to be a long shot.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2127/charleston-southern-buccaneers

Bucs2016
September 13th, 2017, 11:00 AM

Yeah the BS wont get an at large. Some years Id argue there could have been an at large argument. Actually in 2015 CSU and Coastal got in. But with CCU and LU gone yeah, we are a 1 team only playoff league now. Maybe that changes in the future.

Bucs2016
September 13th, 2017, 11:03 AM
With CCU gone, and Liberty ineligible, the Big South race is really just CSU and Kennesaw. CSU's OOC schedule is really quite weak with games against Point, Mississippi Valley State and Savannah State. An at-large bid, even with a SC State win (which was not guaranteed), was always going to be a long shot.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2127/charleston-southern-buccaneers

Completely agree.

The Big South desperately needs Kennesaw State to become a top 25 program and I think they are becoming that. After that we add D2 powerhouse North Alabama. UNA has the potential with 65 schollys and their culture/facilities/geography to be a very strong FCS program. After that...not sure whats in store. Campbell can become a decent team but im not sure those 3 can replace losing LU/CCU/Stoney Brook.

woffordgrad94
September 13th, 2017, 12:22 PM
We played Illinois a few years ago and they were a bottom Big10 team. Beat us pretty bad.

Closest we've come to an FBS win...Miami-OH and Vandy. Think we led UMOH late and a blocked punt or something screwed us. And in 2014 we had Vandy on the ropes. That one will hurt forever. Took long pass (25 yrds or more) into red zone for winning FG with under 2 mins to play and referee called it back over a SIDELINE WARNING. Seriously. An FCS team hits the likely game winning pass against an SEC team and a ref decides to go sideline penalty at that moment. I'll neber forget it. But Indiana this year is much better than either of those teams.

Wow, what happened to CSU at Vandy in 2014 really sucks. You guys got screwed over, simple as that. But we all know the mighty SEC can't have one of its teams losing to an FCS Big South program like CSU xsmhx

Bucs2016
September 13th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Wow, what happened to CSU at Vandy in 2014 really sucks. You guys got screwed over, simple as that. But we all know the mighty SEC can't have one of its teams losing to an FCS Big South program like CSU xsmhx

Yeah. I hope im not mistaken by the time etc etc but I recall it was near the end of the game, when we caught the pass I knew that was it we would win it...and the ridiculous penalty that followed to negate the play.

NorthChuckSouth
September 15th, 2017, 05:30 PM

A lot of questionable calls/no calls by the refs in this one... our d-end was held in the endzone near the end of the game too. Should have had that game but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades