PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 2 2017

superman7515
September 9th, 2017, 11:28 PM
Week 2 is in the books for the teams on the spreadsheet; just remember that Sagarin/Massey don't update until sometime Sunday, so I'll get that updated when I see the new ratings up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vq_kX_SPFQDMI7A24VsMre5Fhi3i-TRSy457tlSW7SE/edit?usp=sharing

If you notice any errors, send me a PM and I'll get it fixed. ESPN is giving a lot less coverage to FCS games this year, so there's more back and forth to different places to get stuff, so ya never know if I got something switched unintentionally.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2017, 07:23 AM
Thanks for doing this Sup!!

Makes doing the poll much easier!!

xthumbsupx

POD Knows
September 10th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Perfect, thanks.

WestCoastAggie
September 10th, 2017, 08:19 AM
NCA&T is an offensive juggernaut, led by Lamar Raynard who leads the entire FCS in QB eff. He has not thrown an INT at all this season. He also has thrown 8TD's so far this year.

Aggie WR Elijah Hill has 6 td's and we've completed passes to 9 different players.

We also have a +4 turnover ratio.

Air Aggie is here.

kdinva
September 10th, 2017, 08:24 AM
thank you....

milleniumkat
September 10th, 2017, 08:48 AM
NDSU #1. Everyone else is a box of crackers.

RabidRabbit
September 10th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Thanks Sup! Really helps having this thread each week, and my historical votes up on another page.

RootinFerDukes
September 10th, 2017, 08:53 AM
NDSU #1. Everyone else is a box of crackers.

Only if SHSU gets to drop out of the top 10 after that **** show at Prairie View.

SU DOG
September 10th, 2017, 08:57 AM
NCA&T is an offensive juggernaut, led by Lamar Raynard who leads the entire FCS in QB eff. He has not thrown an INT at all this season. He also has thrown 8TD's so far this year.

Aggie WR Elijah Hill has 6 td's and we've completed passes to 9 different players.

We also have a +4 turnover ratio.

Air Aggie is here.

Very impressed when I watch this team. Some NFL prospects on the squad.

Professor Chaos
September 10th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Is it possible for me to leave spots 6-10 in my poll blank? I feel kind of dirty ranking the teams I have in those spots that high.

TheKingpin28
September 10th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Is it possible for me to leave spots 6-10 in my poll blank? I feel kind of dirty ranking the teams I have in those spots that high.

I am in confident in my top 4-5, after that, I was also thinking, does anyone else deserve a spot?

ElCid
September 10th, 2017, 09:49 AM
It's early. Things will start shaking out the next week or two.

PantherRob82
September 10th, 2017, 09:52 AM

It's definitely tough early.

Daytripper
September 10th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Only if SHSU gets to drop out of the top 10 after that **** show at Prairie View.

*YAWN*

ASU33
September 10th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Week 2 is in the books for the teams on the spreadsheet; just remember that Sagarin/Massey don't update until sometime Sunday, so I'll get that updated when I see the new ratings up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vq_kX_SPFQDMI7A24VsMre5Fhi3i-TRSy457tlSW7SE/edit?usp=sharing

If you notice any errors, send me a PM and I'll get it fixed. ESPN is giving a lot less coverage to FCS games this year, so there's more back and forth to different places to get stuff, so ya never know if I got something switched unintentionally.

Great, this makes it a lot easier!

ST_Lawson
September 10th, 2017, 11:03 AM

Not saying we really deserve it yet, but we are undefeated so far...with our all-conference RB out with injury (he'll be back in a game or two)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 10th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Not saying we really deserve it yet, but we are undefeated so far...with our all-conference RB out with injury (he'll be back in a game or two)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, you have put up some points. Its hard to say how good you are, but you will be in my top 25

BEAR
September 10th, 2017, 11:29 AM
UCA: Played Murray State. Game against the Racers went like most thought it would. Bears gave several redshirt freshman and freshman some valuable game experience. Using 8 rushers and 10 receivers the Bears spread out the Racer defense. Watching what I could with a horrible internet feed I was able to see sophomore and some freshman defense players get time in the second half. 500 yards of offense on a vanilla playbook was good.

Next week UCA plays Southeastern Louisiana who is 0-2 but lost to FBS ULL by 3 and Bethune Cookman by 5. I'm glad the game will be at Estes Stadium in Conway. After that the Bears host Sam Houston in Conway after a bye week.

Overall I have confidence in the offense and the defense is getting better.

milleniumkat
September 10th, 2017, 11:43 AM

Bizon=Real Champions. But you are correct. I count The Kats among that box of crackers. (Non-racial usage)

superman7515
September 10th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Sagarin/Massey have been updated.

TheKingpin28
September 10th, 2017, 12:54 PM
This poll is turning to be harder than I thought and I knew it was going to cause me to pull hair out. I just need it to be week 5 already so I can have a somewhat stable poll with better knowledge of who is a contender and who is a pretender.

mmiller_34
September 10th, 2017, 01:41 PM
This poll is turning to be harder than I thought and I knew it was going to cause me to pull hair out. I just need it to be week 5 already so I can have a somewhat stable poll with better knowledge of who is a contender and who is a pretender.

This weeks poll was hard for me too. A few top 10-15 teams barely won games they were suppose to win without trouble, but do you really punish a team after a win? Also, a bunch of teams lost to FBS so you don't really want to punish them for that. So its hard to move teams around this week. Things will become more clear when there are more FCS matchups.

ElonFirefighter
September 10th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Hypothetical question. If Elon had continued its start and ran over Furman and completely owned the game, rather than the last second win. Would you

A: Place Elon in the receiving votes category biased on there win over a team that was receiving votes and took a ranked wofford to OT
B: Look at Wofford being overrated due to only winning by 1 point over a Furman team that lost to Elon and 1pt to Mercer
C: Elon a fluke and Furman still receiving votes Wofford a top 10
D: It doesn't matter I still hate Elon

TheKingpin28
September 10th, 2017, 02:10 PM
Hypothetical question. If Elon had continued its start and ran over Furman and completely owned the game, rather than the last second win. Would you

A: Place Elon in the receiving votes category biased on there win over a team that was receiving votes and took a ranked wofford to OT
B: Look at Wofford being overrated due to only winning by 1 point over a Furman team that lost to Elon and 1pt to Mercer

I would go with B, but I still went with B in my poll. I am not impressed by them, as of now, but that does not mean they cannot turn things and show me something else. Until the El Cid game, I am going to look at them with skepticism since GW Bulldogs and Presbyterian are both atrocious and WCU traditionally is a middle of the pack team, outside of last year of course. That said, Mercer has some serious potential and I think this year, come playoff time, they will be on the inside looking out instead of like last year, the outside looking in.

Elon, IMO, beat a bad Furman team and according to all the El Cid fans, Furman sucks. Furman has not had a winning season in 4 years and it could easily grow to 5 years since Furman just looks off.

BisonTru
September 10th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Sagarin/Massey have been updated.

SDSU moved up 3 spots. xchinscratchx I guess massey really wasn't impressed with Eastern Washington and JSU's performance.

UNH moving up 12 spots with their FBS scalp.

citdog
September 10th, 2017, 02:39 PM
I would go with B, but I still went with B in my poll. I am not impressed by them, as of now, but that does not mean they cannot turn things and show me something else. Until the El Cid game, I am going to look at them with skepticism since GW Bulldogs and Presbyterian are both atrocious and WCU traditionally is a middle of the pack team, outside of last year of course. That said, Mercer has some serious potential and I think this year, come playoff time, they will be on the inside looking out instead of like last year, the outside looking in.

Elon, IMO, beat a bad Furman team and according to all the El Cid fans, Furman sucks. Furman has not had a winning season in 4 years and it could easily grow to 5 years since Furman just looks off.

You have learned all you will ever need to know about furman.

RootinFerDukes
September 10th, 2017, 06:31 PM

Choice D without the hatred part. You all are coming up from the basement. You'll need some ranked wins and multiple ones at that before most start to take notice.

BisonFan02
September 10th, 2017, 08:43 PM

This. There are not 25 good teams in the FCS right now. xlolx

ElCid
September 10th, 2017, 08:50 PM

Don't try and over think it. Wofford did what we did last year to start the season. Beat Mercer close, beat Furman close. You should know SOCON games are always slugfests. About half the games in the last four years were decided by one score regardless of a teams record.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Top 10 Video Highlights from Week 2:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/fcs-week-2-quick-recap-and-highlights/

Milktruck74
September 11th, 2017, 07:28 AM
This. There are not 25 good teams in the FCS right now. xlolx

I think there are 25 good teams, we just don't know who they are....Too many early season jitter games and lots of movement in staffs over the past year. It is like the first 3 rounds of a boxing match, nobody is landing any connectors (except NDSU), just dancing around trying to feel everyone out. And if a connector is landed, they open up the next week and let someone tag them hard.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2017, 07:44 AM
No kidding, I had to keep EWU in my top 25, then I went and took a shower.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2017, 07:46 AM
This weeks poll was hard for me too. A few top 10-15 teams barely won games they were suppose to win without trouble, but do you really punish a team after a win? Also, a bunch of teams lost to FBS so you don't really want to punish them for that. So its hard to move teams around this week. Things will become more clear when there are more FCS matchups.I kept you guys in the same spot but I shouldn't have but was forced to by what happened with the rest of the division. I wanted to drop SHSU as well but really couldn't so I ignore how the teams won and just looked at the win and moved on.

ElonFirefighter
September 11th, 2017, 08:54 AM
Don't try and over think it. Wofford did what we did last year to start the season. Beat Mercer close, beat Furman close. You should know SOCON games are always slugfests. About half the games in the last four years were decided by one score regardless of a teams record.

Choice D without the hatred part. You all are coming up from the basement. You'll need some ranked wins and multiple ones at that before most start to take notice.

yes the SoCon was always a slugfest. And any given saturday, as we took out W&M last year. This was just a thought that popped into my head. To start the Season I looked at Furman as a game we could win. After week 1 and Furmans performance at Wofford I wasn't so sure. Then to see our start almost going up 28-0 the question popped in my head, was this an example that Elon was better then I thought or Wofford not as good.

RootinFerDukes and yes we need more consistency to even be considered to receive votes and with no FCS games yet a win against CSU will not tell us much either. Richmond would be where I start my gauge on this TEAM. But with that said feel free to give us votes in the AGS Top 25:D

KPSUL
September 11th, 2017, 09:35 AM
No kidding, I had to keep EWU in my top 25, then I went and took a shower.

I skipped the shower and dropped them out. They have shown nothing in two games; and the Texas Tech game was one many people had on their "FBS upset" list. If they beat Fordham and win a couple conference games, I can always put them back in.

centennial
September 11th, 2017, 10:00 AM
I skipped the shower and dropped them out. They have shown nothing in two games; and the Texas Tech game was one many people had on their "FBS upset" list. If they beat Fordham and win a couple conference games, I can always put them back in.

I don't agree. Their SOS is 23rd in the nation. And they've played 2 top 50 football teams. All I know is they aren't a top 5 FCS team. Everyone else would've gotten clowned the same way.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2017, 10:19 AM
A couple of problems I will need to iron out with the poll this morning after it closes so it may run up to an hour late today so probably before 2p ET but will do it ASAP so might stay close to schedule. Just wanted to put that out there.

KPSUL
September 11th, 2017, 03:11 PM
I don't agree. Their SOS is 23rd in the nation. And they've played 2 top 50 football teams. All I know is they aren't a top 5 FCS team. Everyone else would've gotten clowned the same way.

Other than the "I skipped the shower and dropped them out" part, what do you disagree with? What have they showed you in losing two games by a combined score of 106 to 23 ? There are 1-1 FCS teams not even in the Week 2 AGS top 25 who played Top 25 FBS teams much tougher than EWU played Texas Tech. They include Stony Brook, Delaware, and Nicholls State.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2017, 06:58 PM
No kidding, I had to keep EWU in my top 25, then I went and took a shower.Hey, I am not talking to myself but I do need to correct this post, I was looking my spreadsheet instead of my actual poll, I had made a last minute correction and put Nicholls at 25 and dropped EWU out and sort of forgot that I had done it, it was the correct decision at this point.

cx500d
September 11th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Hey, I am not talking to myself but I do need to correct this post, I was looking my spreadsheet instead of my actual poll, I had made a last minute correction and put Nicholls at 25 and dropped EWU out and sort of forgot that I had done it, it was the correct decision at this point.

Nope, it was correct, as you can reference my poll which is certified correct.

The Pud
September 11th, 2017, 10:58 PM
I kept you guys in the same spot but I shouldn't have but was forced to by what happened with the rest of the division. I wanted to drop SHSU as well but really couldn't so I ignore how the teams won and just looked at the win and moved on.

You should drop EWU, JSU among others......these teams really do not belong in the Top 10 or Top 20.

POD Knows
September 12th, 2017, 09:17 AM
You should drop EWU, JSU among others......these teams really do not belong in the Top 10 or Top 20.I did take EWU out of my poll, and I have JSU behind you guys.

milleniumkat
September 12th, 2017, 11:54 AM
I did take EWU out of my poll, and I have JSU behind you guys.

Not that it matters to me, but i'm curious as to why you would take EWU completely out of the top 25 due to an FBS and #2 Fcs loss? Seems a bit of a stretch. But i do agree on a
drop until they show signs of life.

Redbird 4th & short
September 12th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Not that it matters to me, but i'm curious as to why you would take EWU completely out of the top 25 due to an FBS and #2 Fcs loss? Seems a bit of a stretch. But i do agree on a
drop until they show signs of life.
Issue with EWU is not the roster .. the roster is top 10. The issue is the new coaches losing the roster. Grip it and rip it is gone .. this roster bight into grip it and rip it ... and not just on offense. There is real risk this coach could lose his players and not get them back. You can't turn a hipshooting gun slinger into a patient sniper ... not wired the same at all. As of 2 games in, you can't assume they won't make adjustments and figure it out ... but it does not look good given coaching change and they WAY they lost big twice. They have a stud QB and veteran OL ... bad vibes are contagious and tend to snowball. New coach better adapt to his roster .. at least meet them half way .. or problems will persist and he will lose Baldwins roster.