PDA

View Full Version : Liberty to play North Greenville

CSU BUCS
February 2nd, 2007, 02:55 PM
I spoke with an official from North Greenville University today and they informed me that North Greenville has scheduled Liberty for the 2007 season.

What are you Liberty folks hearing?

IaaScribe
February 2nd, 2007, 04:24 PM
Oct. 13 in Lynchburg. I reported it a couple of weeks ago.

Sir William
February 2nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
Oct. 13 in Lynchburg. I reported it a couple of weeks ago.

Rocco better get the defense ready, 'cause NGU's offense will put up some points. :nod:

IaaScribe
February 2nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
NGU is certainly a major step up from St. Paul's as far as DII competition goes.

rokamortis
February 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Rocco better get the defense ready, 'cause NGU's offense will put up some points. :nod:

When did NGU get good?

SuperJon
February 2nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
Yea, we found out a couple weeks ago. Homecoming, my birthday, and a DII school.

The first two sounded pretty good.

bjtheflamesfan
February 2nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
I can't find out if they have a band or not...ah well...LU's band will be ready to blow the crowd away yet again whether they bring a band or not

citdog
February 2nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
The Band?

Sly Fox
February 2nd, 2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah, its an interesting matchup between Liberty and the Liberty wannabe.

(**Insert jokes here about anyone wanting to be like Liberty**)

I think we'll be ready handle them just fine.

SuperJon
February 2nd, 2007, 10:03 PM
BJ, we're talking football here. The band discussion is in other sports.

citdog
February 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Tell him to get his chin in too Jon!:thumbsup:

bjtheflamesfan
February 3rd, 2007, 01:11 AM
Just livening things up a bit...North Greenville sounds like a real high flyin bunch...but I think Coach Rocco will have these boys and the newcomers more than ready to play for this one. I mean its not the most thrilling game but I'll take anything after stomaching what I did for the last 4 years before this past year

CSU BUCS
February 3rd, 2007, 01:56 AM
I think North Greenville plays 4 or 5 1-AA schools next year. Are they thinking of moving up?

Sir William
February 3rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
I think North Greenville plays 4 or 5 1-AA schools next year. Are they thinking of moving up?

That's a good question; but in reality, they probably aren't. Over the last year, they have had discussions with the SAC-8 (DII) about affiliation. However, NGU (who would be a very good fit for and within the SAC, IMHO) seems to be holding off b/c they might have to play a conference affiliated tennis or golf match on Sundays. It's a trustee thing. This very issue may keep them from moving up to the DI level (and even being consistently successful on the DII level). Time will tell.

North Greenville is loaded offensively next year, and full of confidence coming off a 10-2 season in which they defeated two I-AA programs (Jacksonville and Austin Peay) and gave another much better I-AA program (Chuck South) a serious run for their money. Liberty should be favored to win, but they better not take this one lightly. NGU is probably better right now than VMI (and possibly Presbyterian...but I doubt it).

Oh yeah...no substantial band (a few horn blowers). :)

MarkCCU
February 4th, 2007, 10:20 AM
since when has NG been good?

ball21
February 4th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Yea, we found out a couple weeks ago. Homecoming, my birthday, and a DII school.

The first two sounded pretty good.

What is wrong with Liberty football? You will not play ASU for some reason, but will you play North Greenville. Way to go Liberty, I am glad you can make your schedule a top notch one !!

Maybe we will play you soon!!

MarkCCU
February 4th, 2007, 11:58 AM
What is wrong with Liberty football? You will not play ASU for some reason, but will you play North Greenville. Way to go Liberty, I am glad you can make your schedule a top notch one !!

and "we" are?

CCUBeachChicken
February 4th, 2007, 01:54 PM
BJ, we're talking football here. The band discussion is in other sports.

Yeah, or at least wait until they stop micing it.

SuperJon
February 4th, 2007, 02:18 PM

Do you think Coach Rocco wanted to add a 2nd D2 school? I'm sure he didn't. Things may not work out for one reason or another. Maybe Coach wanted a home game there for homecoming (otherwise we would've been on the road the entire month of October) and App didn't think they should travel to little ole Liberty. Things like that happen. He's still building a program. He may not feel that we're ready compete with the best in FCS football and doesn't want to kill our guys' confidence halfway through a season. I don't know the reason, but to say that we "won't play ASU" is pretty asinine. LU has never "backed down" from the mighty Apps in the past so I highly doubt it's a matter of "not wanting to play" ASU.

BigApp
February 4th, 2007, 02:44 PM
and "we" are?

well, he's obviously NOT an Appfan!

SuperJon
February 4th, 2007, 03:27 PM
I know too many people at App to associate him with you guys.