PDA

View Full Version : Fordham at Army Game Thread

Fordham
September 1st, 2017, 08:46 AM
Let's go Rams! This Army team is the best we will have faced. They beat a top 25 Navy squad last year that absolutely pummeled us earlier in the season and have a ton returning. We are decided underdogs.

Expectations going into this game is that our O should be as good as it has ever been and therefore should be able to move the ball.

D is what it all comes down to. In every other game with Army (even the one we won) it was agonizing to see us get ground down with 3 or 4 yard gains every play where they are going to use all 4 downs and never punt. We have a new staff so it will be interesting to see if they can come up with a way to keep Army out of the end zone through stops or turnovers and give us a chance to get up on them early. They play MUCH better with a lead than they do from behind.

Looks like highly touted true frosh Andrew Mevis has grabbed the P/K duties from returning vet Cardenas. Could prove crucial if the game is close.

Go Chase go! Let's go Rams!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2017, 09:34 AM
The Wedge's Game Preview
http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/game-preview-23-fordham-at-army/
(http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/game-preview-23-fordham-at-army/)
The Wedge's Fordham Preview
http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/patriot-league-preview-fordham/

Fordham
September 1st, 2017, 10:08 AM
That game preview is well done! Thanks

We need 3 things in order to win: 1. A must, we must score pretty much every time we have the ball; 2) win the turnover battle and 3) come up with some stops early that let us get ahead and play with a lead.

The Boogie Down
September 1st, 2017, 11:37 AM
That game preview is well done! Thanks

We need 3 things in order to win: 1. A must, we must score pretty much every time we have the ball; 2) win the turnover battle and 3) come up with some stops early that let us get ahead and play with a lead.

4) Score more points than they do.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/icons/icon6.png

citdog
September 1st, 2017, 12:55 PM
Go Fordham! Hope this game looks like Second Manassas all over again for the Army!

The Boogie Down
September 1st, 2017, 01:54 PM
xthumbsupx
Go Fordham!!

Just gonna leave it like this for now xthumbsupx

citdog
September 1st, 2017, 01:57 PM
I don't dislike you patsy league guys. I respect unearned arrogance wherever I find it as I am a champion.

Fordham
September 1st, 2017, 02:10 PM
I don't dislike you patsy league guys. I respect unearned arrogance wherever I find it as I am a champion. I don't understand those big words you're using but I sure do like your before post.

Sader87
September 1st, 2017, 02:44 PM
I really, really miss HC games at West Point....we played them nearly annually there in the 70s and 80s, such a great atmosphere...good luck tonight!!!

The Boogie Down
September 1st, 2017, 03:12 PM
I don't dislike you patsy league guys. I respect unearned arrogance wherever I find it as I am a champion.

This is that post-big action part of the flick, towards the end but not there yet, where the bad guy (and in citdog's case, the racist guy too) suddenly turns to the good and says something like "See, we're not that different. In fact, we're actually kinda similar!"

Of course no real good guy would ever buy that! xcoolx

citdog
September 1st, 2017, 03:15 PM
This is that post-big action part of the flick, towards the end but not there yet, where the bad guy (and in citdog's case, the racist guy too) suddenly turns to the good and says something like "See, we're not that different. In fact, we're actually kinda similar!"

Of course no real good guy would ever buy that! xcoolx

Y'all suck. There. All is right with the world again.

The Boogie Down
September 1st, 2017, 03:20 PM
I really, really miss HC games at West Point....we played them nearly annually there in the 70s and 80s, such a great atmosphere...good luck tonight!!!

Thanks Sader. I can't even tell you how livid I'da been last night if I were you! But you have BC coming up next year and even last night showed an upside to your program that several Patsies can't (or refuse to) ever reach. Of course you need a new coach and there's still more bumps ahead but it wasn't too long ago that Fordham was going through those same bumps.

Hmmmm, Fordham and Holy Cross, we're not that different. In fact, we're actually kinda similar. xcoolx

The Boogie Down
September 1st, 2017, 03:21 PM
Y'all suck. There. All is right with the world again.

Cheers!
xbeerchugxxbeerchugxxbeerchugx

RichH2
September 1st, 2017, 03:49 PM
That you are citdog :). In a weird sorta way, good to have you here.

Schism55
September 1st, 2017, 05:12 PM
Uhoh...gotta stop the dive

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 1st, 2017, 05:14 PM
The Black Knights are rolling.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 1st, 2017, 05:26 PM
Another Army TD!

Schism55
September 1st, 2017, 05:49 PM
21-0 Army

Sader87
September 1st, 2017, 05:57 PM
I suddenly don't feel quite as bad about last night now.

Fordham looks so out of synch and ovah-matched here in every facet of the game,

Sader87
September 1st, 2017, 06:06 PM
omg....Rams finally moving, Army blocks chippy FG for TD

Sader87
September 1st, 2017, 06:31 PM
34-6 now.....Army may be halfway decent this year....Fordham throwing up all ovah themselves....Army has had the ball for about 10 seconds in the 2nd Q and has scored 13 points.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 1st, 2017, 06:33 PM
34-6 now.....Army may be halfway decent this year....Fordham throwing up all ovah themselves....Army has had the ball for about 10 seconds in the 2nd Q and has scored 13 points.

We were 8-5 last year.

citdog
September 1st, 2017, 06:34 PM
We were 8-5 last year.

Who is "we"? Has monken booked anymore recruiting buses packed with whores?

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 1st, 2017, 06:38 PM
Who is "we"? Has monken booked anymore recruiting buses packed with whores?

I like the Citadel, citdog. We are allies here against Damn Yankees.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 1st, 2017, 07:37 PM
I tried to tell you people. But you wouldn't listen.

ElCid
September 1st, 2017, 07:52 PM
I can't watch it where I am. Is Army that good or Fordham that bad?

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 1st, 2017, 07:56 PM
I can't watch it where I am. Is Army that good or Fordham that bad?

Army is that good.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2017, 08:18 PM
When Fordham loses they generally do it in epic fashion! 64-6?!?! wow!

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 1st, 2017, 08:58 PM
Who picked Fordham to win?

LOL

DFW HOYA
September 1st, 2017, 09:26 PM
Cadets outrushed the Rams 513-66, and had zero yards passing.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 1st, 2017, 09:35 PM
Cadets outrushed the Rams 513-66, and had zero yards passing.

Passing is overrated. :)

ElCid
September 1st, 2017, 09:46 PM

What's "passing?" You mean like gas?

Fordham
September 1st, 2017, 10:19 PM
Holy crap

The Boogie Down
September 1st, 2017, 11:42 PM
Holy crap

Army is good but that was a disgraceful effort by a team that looked as if it had never been coached before. We still have talent but when watching Colgate and Holy Cross I saw teams with fight in them. Where as we looked like the same prima donnas that got down 51-9 to Lehigh last year. I'm sure we'll knock the snot out of C. Conn State and Bryant and a bunch of Patsies too but it's about time Fordham beat someone good. Or at least showed up!

cx500d
September 1st, 2017, 11:59 PM
Holy crap

Yep....Embarrassing...

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 12:19 AM

With those stats and that scoreline, you don't need to pass.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 2nd, 2017, 09:06 AM
What's "passing?" You mean like gas?

Something that silly people who couldn't run the ball came up with in 1906.

Son of Eli
September 2nd, 2017, 09:16 AM
Keep your heads up Fordham. An occasional blowout like this is the cost FCS programs pay to play with the big boys. It's worth it in order to have victories like Fordham beating Temple in 2013 and Army in 2015. I would gladly risk it for Yale to have another game with Army at West Point.

citdog
September 2nd, 2017, 09:36 AM
Keep your heads up Fordham. An occasional blowout like this is the cost FCS programs pay to play with the big boys. It's worth it in order to have victories like Fordham beating Temple in 2013 and Army in 2015. I would gladly risk it for Yale to have another game with Army at West Point.

Bro hudson high sucks. The "Big Boys" are not REPEAT are not temple and hudson high.

cx500d
September 2nd, 2017, 09:51 AM

I'm not familiar with these occasional blowouts....

Son of Eli
September 2nd, 2017, 10:16 AM
I'm not familiar with these occasional blowouts....

1932. Army 52- NDSU 0.

cx500d
September 2nd, 2017, 10:18 AM
1932. Army 52- NDSU 0.

1932? Seriously? NDSU sucked ass before the mid 60's. No kidding they would have sucked against Army in 1932. My parents weren't even born in 1932. Whats next, reminding us of the 27 national championships you earned before 1909?

Son of Eli
September 2nd, 2017, 10:22 AM
Bro hudson high sucks. The "Big Boys" are not REPEAT are not temple and hudson high.

Here's a newer one then:

1987 Army 48- Citadel 6.

Sader87
September 2nd, 2017, 10:53 AM
Holy Cross actually manhandled that 1987 Army team....final was 34-24 but HC was up 27-7 at the half and 34-10 late.

Hey, these games happen....little consolation for Ram followers now...just have to put it behind you and move forward.

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 11:20 AM
Thank you Fordham for making Lehigh's last meeting with the Black Knights look successful. I hope the loss doesn't have the same effect on you guys as it did our team that year.

Sader87
September 2nd, 2017, 11:42 AM
Results like this shouldn't dissuade PL schools from scheduling games against reasonable/comparable FBS schools (service academies, other academically/institutionally/geographically similar) FBS schools in the future.

Games like this might happen from time to time, but I know for a fact there is a lot more interest/support for Holy Cross football (and excitement/purpose within the program) now that we are playing FBS schools again.

Probably masochistic (I am Catholic overall :) ) but I'd much rather see HC play (and yes, maybe get blown out once in awhile) a BC, Syracuse, Navy etc than play yet another FCS OOC game.

it's ultimately good for the program: helps recruiting, heightens interest, gives the school more exposure etc....than playing Valparaiso (sorry Valpo, just popped into my head :) ) in front of 3,000 people in Septembah.

Fordham
September 2nd, 2017, 11:49 AM
I didn't think any loss could be worse than our 55-0 blowout the first time we played them since 1950 back in 2011. This one is much worse. We return so much. The lack of preparation, the horrendous execution, the uninspired play and coaching. I don't think Breiner can recover from this.

If there is one play in your entire season where you cannot have a delay of game it has to be the first play of the year, right? I still can't wrap my head around that. Seriously.

Total and utter embarrassment

citdog
September 2nd, 2017, 11:58 AM
Here's a newer one then:

1987 Army 48- Citadel 6.

I prefer 1992...

The Citadel 15
hudson high 14

2ram
September 2nd, 2017, 12:13 PM
I didn't think any loss could be worse than our 55-0 blowout the first time we played them since 1950 back in 2011. This one is much worse. We return so much. The lack of preparation, the horrendous execution, the uninspired play and coaching. I don't think Breiner can recover from this.

If there is one play in your entire season where you cannot have a delay of game it has to be the first play of the year, right? I still can't wrap my head around that. Seriously.

my thoughts exactly. this was so much worse than the blizzard blowout. just an awful way to start the season. what a buzzkill.

DFW HOYA
September 2nd, 2017, 01:18 PM
it's ultimately good for the program: helps recruiting, heightens interest, gives the school more exposure etc....than playing Valparaiso (sorry Valpo, just popped into my head :) ) in front of 3,000 people in Septembah.

Didn't you mean Campbell? xsmhx

Schism55
September 2nd, 2017, 01:55 PM
1932. Army 52- NDSU 0.
Lol! Nice find sir xthumbsupx

2ram
September 2nd, 2017, 04:07 PM
1932. Army 52- NDSU 0.

probably didn't throw a pass in that game either... smh

Lehigh'98
September 2nd, 2017, 04:11 PM
Thank you Fordham for making Lehigh's last meeting with the Black Knights look successful. I hope the loss doesn't have the same effect on you guys as it did our team that year.

What year? '95 we won the PL after losing there.

The Boogie Down
September 2nd, 2017, 04:24 PM

You often seem to undersell Fordham and oversell our opponents but re: the quote above, I could not agree with you more!!! Bingo!!!

From the multiple penalties before the game's first snap, to the panic-sticken decision to go for it in your own territory, to the clock management to close the first half, to just the Clueless Joe Walton look on his face throughout, Breiner looked lost. As you said, the play was uninspired and I'd add lethargic and apathetic as well. That goes on the coaching too so unless it somehow all turns around in time for Eastern Washington changes will hafta be made.

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 04:31 PM

You are correct, I was blurring 95 & 96 apparently.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 2nd, 2017, 05:56 PM

I was at that one! 42-9 iirc. Didn't Lehigh also have an ugly loss to Delaware that year?

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2017, 07:49 PM

Exactly!

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 2nd, 2017, 08:00 PM
Exactly!

Don't we get the Raiders next year?

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2017, 08:09 PM
You do! Always a great trip to West Point.

Army looks like they will have another good club this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 2nd, 2017, 08:16 PM
To put things in perspective EWU was suppose to challenge Texas Tech and the Eagles got crushed 56-10. That game in two weeks will be very interesting...

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 2nd, 2017, 08:20 PM
You do! Always a great trip to West Point.

Army looks like they will have another good club this year.

Can't wait for it. Colgate is a program with a proud history. Especially that 1916 team. We both share a title from 1916 in my opinion.

We do. But I will always temper my excitement.

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2017, 11:50 PM
Can't wait for it. Colgate is a program with a proud history. Especially that 1916 team. We both share a title from 1916 in my opinion.

We do. But I will always temper my excitement.

I would love to see the Army have a very strong season and beat the Navy. I greatly enjoyed the Cadets' win over the Midshipmen last year.

cx500d
September 2nd, 2017, 11:55 PM
I would love to see the Army have a very strong season and beat the Chair Force.

FYP

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 3rd, 2017, 06:49 AM
I would love to see the Army have a very strong season and beat the Navy. I greatly enjoyed the Cadets' win over the Midshipmen last year.

Thanks. Same to Colgate.

Me too. Occasionally, I still think it was a dream. Haha.