PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Week 1 Preview

MrTitleist
August 27th, 2017, 10:24 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conference/big-sky-conference-week-1-preview/

Let it rip, haters. Let me know if you see mistakes, I'm a bit out of practice writing things.

dudeitsaid
August 28th, 2017, 02:04 AM

Let it rip, haters. Let me know if you see mistakes, I'm a bit out of practice writing things.

All I care about is that you have EWU at the top of the power rankings...

In all seriousness, nice job, it was a good read. Can't wait for Saturday!

wapiti
August 28th, 2017, 09:01 AM

After week 0 I would change up the rankings a bit. Portland State performed well against BYU and Cal Poly disappointed.

Big Sky Power Rankings
1. Eastern Washington
2. North Dakota
3. Northern Arizona
4. Weber State
5. Portland State
6. Montana
7. Cal Poly
8. Montana State
9. Southern Utah
10. UC-Davis
11. Northern Colorado
12. Sacramento State
13. Idaho State

SactoHornetFan
August 28th, 2017, 09:28 AM

You know why I can't take this seriously, you left out Northern Colorado. And if you are going to preview, preview every team in the conference, otherwise it's a waste of a click and I won't bother in the future.

MrTitleist
August 28th, 2017, 12:49 PM
You know why I can't take this seriously, you left out Northern Colorado. And if you are going to preview, preview every team in the conference, otherwise it's a waste of a click and I won't bother in the future.

Bye.

Perhaps you could preview every team in the conference if you have time.

JALMOND
August 28th, 2017, 01:50 PM

Pretty rough comment, don't cha think. I thought Mr. T did a great job with it, picking up from last year. Omissions are going to happen so take it as you may.

BadlandsGrizFan
August 28th, 2017, 01:57 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSioA61fhIAgrzlPoIs3ueh2kJw8VIFz NCemWg0qOV9OQihUkw9

Grizalltheway
August 28th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Obligatory

https://i.giphy.com/media/11QJgcchgwskq4/giphy.webp

ursus arctos horribilis
August 28th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Read it, liked the effort. Your response to Sacto was good as well. xlolx

GetEmGriz
August 28th, 2017, 05:50 PM

Why would one need to do a preview for Sacramento State?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utgrizfan
August 28th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Seems pretty solid minus forgetting UNC, here is hoping Phillips continues to improve like he has over the spring and fall.

JALMOND
August 28th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Everyone in action this weekend as the start of college football officially begins, including Cal Poly and Portland State, who both played in Week 0. Just like the Mustangs and Vikings, I put out an edition last week so I have a slight jump on my partner, Mr. T. Finally some concrete action to get some answers. Here are this week's power rankings (last week in parenthesis). Not much to go on so some good discussion.

1. North Dakota (1)---Last week, bye, this week at Pac-12 Utah---Hawks venture into Pac-12 country, one of five Big Sky teams to do that this week.
2. Northern Arizona (2)---Last week, bye, this week at Pac-12 Arizona---Lumberjacks may have a decent chance to get the win over their in-state brothers.
3. Eastern Washington (3)---Last week, bye, this week at Big 12 Texas Tech---Eagles looking to continue their dominance over the FBS, even with a new coaching staff.
4. Weber State (5)---Last week, bye, this week NAIA Montana-Western---Wildcats look to move to the top by playing a lower division foe.
5. Montana State (6)---Last week, bye, this week at Pac-12 Washington State---Can the Bobcats make it three in a row for the conference over the Cougars?
6. Southern Utah (7)---Last week, bye, this week at Pac-12 Oregon---If the defense can slow down an unknown Duck team, the Thunderbirds may have a chance.
7. Montana (8)---Last week, bye, this week Valparaiso (Pioneer) at home---Should be an easy win for the Grizzlies. Should be, anyway.
8. Cal Poly (4)---Last week lost to Colgate (Patriot) at home, 20-14, this week at Mtn West San Jose State---A stumble for the Mustangs out the gate. Now need a decent showing this weekend.
9. Portland State (10)---Last week lost at FBS Independent BYU, 20-6, this week at Pac-12 Oregon State---Viking defense came to play last week, an encouraging sign. Now the offense needs to click.
10. Northern Colorado (9)---Last week, bye, this week NAIA's College of Idaho---Bears trying to make a move to the upper part of the conference.
11. UC-Davis (11)---Last week, bye, this week at Mtn West San Diego State---Hawkins debut as coach has the Aggies going up against one of the elite in the Mountain West.
12. Sacramento State (12)---Last week, bye, this week at Sun Belt Idaho---Hornets start fresh against a soon to be Big Sky opponent.
13. Idaho State (13)---Last week, bye, this week DII Western Oregon at home---Bengals better be ready out of the gate, this is no pushover.

tomq04
August 28th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Great work guys! I love this stuff.

wapiti
August 29th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Good work Jalmond.
I thought Portland State should be a bit higher. They performed better than I expected against BYU. Put them at 5.

Everyone in action this weekend as the start of college football officially begins, including Cal Poly and Portland State, who both played in Week 0. Just like the Mustangs and Vikings, I put out an edition last week so I have a slight jump on my partner, Mr. T. Finally some concrete action to get some answers. Here are this week's power rankings (last week in parenthesis). Not much to go on so some good discussion.

1. North Dakota (1)---Last week, bye, this week at Pac-12 Utah---Hawks venture into Pac-12 country, one of five Big Sky teams to do that this week.
2. Northern Arizona (2)---Last week, bye, this week at Pac-12 Arizona---Lumberjacks may have a decent chance to get the win over their in-state brothers.
3. Eastern Washington (3)---Last week, bye, this week at Big 12 Texas Tech---Eagles looking to continue their dominance over the FBS, even with a new coaching staff.
4. Weber State (5)---Last week, bye, this week NAIA Montana-Western---Wildcats look to move to the top by playing a lower division foe.
5. Montana State (6)---Last week, bye, this week at Pac-12 Washington State---Can the Bobcats make it three in a row for the conference over the Cougars?
6. Southern Utah (7)---Last week, bye, this week at Pac-12 Oregon---If the defense can slow down an unknown Duck team, the Thunderbirds may have a chance.
7. Montana (8)---Last week, bye, this week Valparaiso (Pioneer) at home---Should be an easy win for the Grizzlies. Should be, anyway.
8. Cal Poly (4)---Last week lost to Colgate (Patriot) at home, 20-14, this week at Mtn West San Jose State---A stumble for the Mustangs out the gate. Now need a decent showing this weekend.
9. Portland State (10)---Last week lost at FBS Independent BYU, 20-6, this week at Pac-12 Oregon State---Viking defense came to play last week, an encouraging sign. Now the offense needs to click.
10. Northern Colorado (9)---Last week, bye, this week NAIA's College of Idaho---Bears trying to make a move to the upper part of the conference.
11. UC-Davis (11)---Last week, bye, this week at Mtn West San Diego State---Hawkins debut as coach has the Aggies going up against one of the elite in the Mountain West.
12. Sacramento State (12)---Last week, bye, this week at Sun Belt Idaho---Hornets start fresh against a soon to be Big Sky opponent.
13. Idaho State (13)---Last week, bye, this week DII Western Oregon at home---Bengals better be ready out of the gate, this is no pushover.

citdog
August 29th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Nice work Titelist!