PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Nears Deal with TTU

TexasTerror
February 1st, 2007, 08:15 AM
A scheduling shift that has impacted Kansas State, Sam Houston St, Missouri St and Auburn may bring Tennessee Tech into the fold as the Tigers are looking to fill a void on their schedule.

TTU would get between $300,000 and $400,000 for the game against Auburn if it comes to a finalized deal...
====================
Auburn officials close to solving schedule problems
By Jay G. Tate
Montgomery Advertiser

AUBURN -- Auburn's proposed Sept. 1 game against Kansas State hasn't yet gained approval, and a school official said Wednesday that a significant hurdle remains.

A Nov. 3 date against Tennessee Tech, though, seems all but completed.

"We're making some pretty significant progress right now," said Mark Richard, an Auburn associate athletic director and the program's scheduling czar. "We're still working on things. Nothing has been finalized yet."

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070201/SPORTS/702010357/1002

BearsCountry
February 1st, 2007, 01:35 PM
TT, do you think the Bearcats and Bears will change dates? If we do switch K-State or Auburn better be making a date to visit Springfield in hoops.

Golden Eagle
February 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM
Holy Cow. I wonder if the Tigers break triple digits on the scoreboard in this one.

Hope I can be there to see.

PaladinFan
February 1st, 2007, 05:10 PM
They won't. I am under the impression that Auburn will refuse to play a lot of the top FCS teams in the southeast. Georgia Southern folks, remember the last time you and AU sqaured off? I think it may have been the 1950s for Furman.

aust42
February 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM
They won't. I am under the impression that Auburn will refuse to play a lot of the top FCS teams in the southeast. Georgia Southern folks, remember the last time you and AU sqaured off? I think it may have been the 1950s for Furman.

1991 Auburn 32 Georgia Southern 17
1956 Auburn 41 Furman 0

Cocky
February 1st, 2007, 06:38 PM
They will not play us

citdog
February 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM
Typical Furman Bull****e "They're afraid to play us" . JSU and FU Auburn isn't afraid to play you. I just think JSU's coach is afraid to go into an SEC stadium because the last time he did he got beat by The Citadel!

Cocky
February 1st, 2007, 07:24 PM
I doubt they are scare to play any CS team, but they still will not play us. We did beat them in WBB last year.

citdog
February 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
WBB is not even a sport. Ladies shouldn't play sports.

Golden Eagle
February 1st, 2007, 08:04 PM
In the OVC that's what we call blasphemy. xlolx

TexasTerror
February 1st, 2007, 08:54 PM
TT, do you think the Bearcats and Bears will change dates? If we do switch K-State or Auburn better be making a date to visit Springfield in hoops.

We've already switched dates...

SHSU is already looking actively for a Sept 15th game now. SHSU is hosting Missouri St on Sept 1st now...

BigApp
February 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
I wish we'd make another trip to Jordan-Hare. Had a blast the last time!

citdog
February 1st, 2007, 10:11 PM
So did I, even though we cost them the fake National Championship. The BCS one not the BCF one!

PaladinFan
February 1st, 2007, 10:21 PM
Not saying they are afraid to play anyone, Citdog. I'm an Auburn fan and will tell you that every year they have a hard time getting the last team or two on their schedule. They end up playing the same bad teams every year (AU keeps ULM's athletic program in business).

Like it or not, playing the Citadel in 2004 probably cost AU a shot at the national title game.

Just saying I don't understand why.