PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Vs Richmond Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

milleniumkat
August 14th, 2017, 06:26 PM
May be jumping the gun here, but damn it i'm ready to go.

How many Richmond fans making the trip?

Predictions?

"Do the things, win the points"

Coogkat15
August 14th, 2017, 07:27 PM
May be jumping the gun here, but damn it i'm ready to go.

How many Richmond fans making the trip?

Predictions?

Yesss!! Been waiting on this thread! I'm saying the Kats win in a hot one. Bearkats 45, and the Spiders of Richmond (love you guys mascot btw lol) 38. I think it's gonna be a lot of back and forth throughout, and the Kats pull away in the fourth. I think Briscoe wins this one with his arm. Sams defense holds, but shows a lot of rust. Keep the ambulance on standby. I'm sure I'll need a medic by games end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milleniumkat
August 14th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Lauletta will be the best QB SHSU has faced since Carson Wentz. This game will come down to which QB has the best game.

I just haven't seen the intensity from this camp that i'd like too see. At this point "Soft Houston" looks to be what i'm seeing. KC Koddler just can't seem to light any fires. I'll hold my prediction until i see the last scrimmage

KPSUL
August 14th, 2017, 07:53 PM
I'll wait until next week to make a prediction, but I expect a very close game. I'm not putting to much stock in the blowout vs. JMU last December, even though earlier in the season Richmond gave JMU a very good game @ Richmond. JMU was playing at a level off the charts during the playoffs last season. No questions the wheels fell off for SHSU in that game and as the game went on and things just got worse and worse for the bearKats as the pressed harder. SHSU is returning a bunch of very good players this year and should be ready to start fast, particularly at home and still feeling the sting of ending their season the way they did in 2016.

caribbeanhen
August 14th, 2017, 08:13 PM
Lauletta will be the best QB SHSU has faced since Carson Wentz. This game will come down to which QB has the best game.

I just haven't seen the intensity from this camp that i'd like too see. At this point "Soft Houston" looks to be what i'm seeing. KC Koddler just can't seem to light any fires. I'll hold my prediction until i see the last scrimmage

you must have just awoken from a long nap.....

caribbeanhen
August 14th, 2017, 08:15 PM
I'll wait until next week to make a prediction, but I expect a very close game. I'm not putting to much stock in the blowout vs. JMU last December, even though earlier in the season Richmond gave JMU a very good game @ Richmond. JMU was playing at a level off the charts during the playoffs last season. No questions the wheels fell off for SHSU in that game and as the game went on and things just got worse and worse for the bearKats as the pressed harder. SHSU is returning a bunch of very good players this year and should be ready to start fast, particularly at home and still feeling the sting of ending their season the way they did in 2016.

the only thing I don't agree with here is not making a pick now, but otherwise right on the money

Sammy Houston over Richmond

SpiderJPO
August 14th, 2017, 08:24 PM
There will be a small but spirited contingent of Spider fans making trip. I am flying in from Richmond and looking for some good Texas style tailgate options with home team fans. Should be a ton of offense on display. Red zone play and turnovers will be key. Probably will not be two better quarterbacks on same field in another FCS game this year. Looking forward to first trip to Texas and a great season opener between two Top 10 teams. Any tips or local advice for out of town fans appreciated.

milleniumkat
August 14th, 2017, 08:41 PM

I'm a bloodthirsty homer. This is fact. But i've never seen "Bounce back fire" in a Keeler team. I don't think one game motivates them one way or the other. I'm not down on them, but i'm not feeling the "rally vibe" that i think i should.

milleniumkat
August 14th, 2017, 08:45 PM
There will be a small but spirited contingent of Spider fans making trip. I am flying in from Richmond and looking for some good Texas style tailgate options with home team fans. Should be a ton of offense on display. Red zone play and turnovers will be key. Probably will not be two better quarterbacks on same field in another FCS game this year. Looking forward to first trip to Texas and a great season opener between two Top 10 teams. Any tips or local advice for out of town fans appreciated.

TNT Tailgaters Sponsored by Solid Oak Smoke BBQ welcomes you. 1. Bring sunscreen 2. Bring Water. 3. Wear a hat of some sort. 4. Pay no mind to our crappy stadium 5. The Orange Crush at Humphreys will dull any post game pain. 6. City Hall Pie bar is the best eats around IMHO. 7. Road construction in Huntsvegas is horrid right now. Enter the stadium parking areas from Sycamore street. See you soon. 💋

TheRevSFA
August 14th, 2017, 09:37 PM
TNT Tailgaters Sponsored by Solid Oak Smoke BBQ welcomes you. 1. Bring sunscreen 2. Bring Water. 3. Wear a hat of some sort. 4. Pay no mind to our crappy stadium 5. The Orange Crush at Humphreys will dull any post game pain. 6. City Hall Pie bar is the best eats around IMHO. 7. Road construction in Huntsvegas is horrid right now. Enter the stadium parking areas from Sycamore street. See you soon. 

as a member of the enemy, I will tell all Richmond fans to run into this group. Good bunch

milleniumkat
August 14th, 2017, 09:58 PM
as a member of the enemy, I will tell all Richmond fans to run into this group. Good bunch

Things have changed Rev..things have changed. You may not be talking about the same group. lol. Be careful making recommendations. hahaha.

TheRevSFA
August 14th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Things have changed Rev..things have changed. You may not be talking about the same group. lol. Be careful making recommendations. hahaha.

i was kept in the loop.

cx500d
August 14th, 2017, 10:11 PM
TNT Tailgaters Sponsored by Solid Oak Smoke BBQ welcomes you. 1. Bring sunscreen 2. Bring Water. 3. Wear a hat of some sort. 4. Pay no mind to our crappy stadium 5. The Orange Crush at Humphreys will dull any post game pain. 6. City Hall Pie bar is the best eats around IMHO. 7. Road construction in Huntsvegas is horrid right now. Enter the stadium parking areas from Sycamore street. See you soon. 💋

"Bring water?" AYFKM? You sorry excuses for a Texan....

milleniumkat
August 14th, 2017, 10:52 PM
"Bring water?" AYFKM? You sorry excuses for a Texan....

I'm talking to out of towners sir. I do care for my fellow humans.

cx500d
August 14th, 2017, 10:58 PM
I'm talking to out of towners sir. I do care for my fellow humans.

What's next, sweet tea, pork? JFC

milleniumkat
August 14th, 2017, 11:22 PM
What's next, sweet tea, pork? JFC

All of the above. You can't measure everything.

Schism55
August 14th, 2017, 11:35 PM
All of the above. You can't measure everything.

C'mon man, get your signature in the right place....you are killing my OCD xrotatehx

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 12:22 AM
C'mon man, get your signature in the right place....you are killing my OCD xrotatehx

Better? lmao

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 15th, 2017, 05:41 AM
Yesss!! Been waiting on this thread! I'm saying the Kats win in a hot one. Bearkats 45, and the Spiders of Richmond (love you guys mascot btw lol) 38. I think it's gonna be a lot of back and forth throughout, and the Kats pull away in the fourth. I think Briscoe wins this one with his arm. Sams defense holds, but shows a lot of rust. Keep the ambulance on standby. I'm sure I'll need a medic by games end.

Absent having any understanding of your medical needs, this is probably a fair assessment. I am concerned about our ability to keep your Buchanan Award nominee off Lauletta and I'm concerned about our ability to get to Briscoe. The game probably boils down to those 2 items.

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Absent having any understanding of your medical needs, this is probably a fair assessment. I am concerned about our ability to keep your Buchanan Award nominee off Lauletta and I'm concerned about our ability to get to Briscoe. The game probably boils down to those 2 items.
Hall is being moved around on the line more this year. I don't think he will put up the same kinds of numbers on the inside. That move will be the key to our defensive play.

The Pud
August 15th, 2017, 07:54 AM

Los Vaqueros (The Cowboys) tailgaters will serve you the best fajitas in this world!

jmufan999
August 15th, 2017, 07:58 AM
hope both teams' fans have fun sandbagging the hell out of each other for the next couple of weeks.

"you hang up first."

"nooo..... YOU hang up first."

*giggles*

DirtyDukes
August 15th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Can't wait til Soft Houston fans suggest the Spatters won't be used to the TEXAS HEAT.

jmufan999
August 15th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Can't wait til Soft Houston fans suggest the Spatters won't be used to the TEXAS HEAT.

heat wins championships. you've heard the old saying.

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 08:34 AM
hope both teams' fans have fun sandbagging the hell out of each other for the next couple of weeks.

"you hang up first."

*giggles*

lol

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Remember the scene when Cousin Eddie showed up in the yard on Christmas vacation? Yeah. Similar.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 15th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Hall is being moved around on the line more this year. I don't think he will put up the same kinds of numbers on the inside. That move will be the key to our defensive play.

So he traditionally lines up at end or tackle? Our best lineman is our left tackle and the rest of the line is fairly average.

Sammy94
August 15th, 2017, 08:40 AM
So he traditionally lines up at end or tackle? Our best lineman is our left tackle and the rest of the line is fairly average.

Traditionally he lined up at end. He will be used at tackle mostly this season but during the scrimmages he has been lining up at both.

Sammy94
August 15th, 2017, 08:42 AM

Of course not, Texas heat can't compare to Richmond humidity. xeyebrowx

DirtyDukes
August 15th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Of course not, Texas heat can't compare to Richmond humidity. xeyebrowx

It honestly can't.

Sammy94
August 15th, 2017, 08:53 AM
It honestly can't.

Yep we know nothing about humidity here, its just hot. Like desert heat, very dry and hot.

TheRevSFA
August 15th, 2017, 08:57 AM
It honestly can't.

Yeah. Come spend some time here

DirtyDukes
August 15th, 2017, 09:02 AM

I manage buildings in McAllen, Mission, and Brownsville. I'm there often. It's humid but nothing compares to southeast humidity. I promise.

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Don't bother with this college kid troll. He's just passing the time waiting for classes to start. He hasn't taken geography and climate electives yet.

DirtyDukes
August 15th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Don't bother with this college kid troll. He's just passing the time waiting for classes to start. He hasn't taken geography and climate electives yet.

LOL I don't need any of that famous Texas science, thanks.

Serpentor
August 15th, 2017, 09:10 AM
LOL I don't need any of that famous Texas science, thanks.

Well I'm glad you got some good mileage out of your degree in Lesbian Dance Theory.

DirtyDukes
August 15th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Well I'm glad you got some good mileage out of your degree in Lesbian Dance Theory.

I mean... I'd study that. Sounds hot.

Sammy94
August 15th, 2017, 09:12 AM

I am just glad I will be on the home sidelines, the visitors side even at 6pm will be directly in the sun until the half.

TheRevSFA
August 15th, 2017, 09:17 AM
I manage buildings in McAllen, Mission, and Brownsville. I'm there often. It's humid but nothing compares to southeast humidity. I promise.

Okay so the valley is a huge difference climatically than Houston and Huntsville. Texas isn't all arid desert.

TheRevSFA
August 15th, 2017, 09:17 AM
I am just glad I will be on the home sidelines, the visitors side even at 6pm will be directly in the sun until the half.

No joke.

TheRevSFA
August 15th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Just FYI, it's 9am and our heat index is almost 100. Typical southeast texas morning.

The Pud
August 15th, 2017, 09:40 AM

This is definitely home field advantage!

KPSUL
August 15th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Who's playing SHSU on Sunday August 27th? JMU or Richmond? This is rich, I've never seen so much love from JMU fans for Richmond.

Daytripper
August 15th, 2017, 10:14 AM
No joke.

Bring your sunscreen and sun glasses.

Daytripper
August 15th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Who's playing SHSU on Sunday August 27th? JMU or Richmond? This is rich, I've never seen so much love from JMU fans for Richmond.

Common enemies bring people together...xrolleyesx

Coogkat15
August 15th, 2017, 10:15 AM

"you hang up first."

*giggles*

Fellas I think they want us to start trolling each other. Lol. Man, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Richmond. They did almost beat the the National Champs. I can't short change them. Like MK said, if we don't come there prepared to play, best case we lose by a little. Worst case, we lose by a lot.

JSUSoutherner
August 15th, 2017, 10:16 AM
This thread needs a poll.

Richmond by at least two TDs.

Daytripper
August 15th, 2017, 10:21 AM
This thread needs a poll.

Richmond by at least two TDs.

You need a pole.

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 10:54 AM

Yassss!! Thissss!!

Besides i don't call "Cautious Optimism" sandbagging. I mean, we got our faces kicked in in our last game and Richmond was the only team to get shut out in the playoffs. I would think a good dose of "hold your horses" would be ideal for both fan bases.

I'm a self confessed homer and A/hole. But i'm also honest. And i just have not seen the "bounce back fire" that one would like the see from a team and coaching staff. So i'm just not confident. It's not sandbagging, it's just how i see it.

JSUSoutherner
August 15th, 2017, 11:04 AM
You need a pole.

My girlfriend has a flag pole.

McNeese75
August 15th, 2017, 11:04 AM

The Valley has high humidity but it also has those gulf trade winds that moderate it later in the day (I grew up there so I am familiar). The piney woods are different and can be stifling (hot, humid and still). although I doubt either team will have an advantage because of the temp and humidity as both will be acclimated. I am sure there will be cramps, etc going on but nothing more than usual. Now if this was a Big Sky team coming to Huntsville, things would be different.

McNeese75
August 15th, 2017, 11:06 AM
You need a pole.

xlolx

DallasSpider
August 15th, 2017, 11:25 AM
To end the weather discussion, Texas heat beats Richmond everyday. Our boys better show up with a weeks worth of pedialyte in them. Having Huesman's staff come over from Chatty is a big plus for us. They know the SHSU team and scheme having played them this past year. Should be a great game.

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 11:28 AM
To end the weather discussion, Texas heat beats Richmond everyday. Our boys better show up with a weeks worth of pedialyte in them. Having Huesman's staff come over from Chatty is a big plus for us. They know the SHSU team and scheme having played them this past year. Should be a great game.

Agreed on all. It's hard to beat any good coach twice in a year and this would be back to back games. Huesman comes into this one with a better team than the one he brought in december imho. for sure at qb. chatty may have won with a better qb

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 15th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Traditionally he lined up at end. He will be used at tackle mostly this season but during the scrimmages he has been lining up at both.

RDE or LDE?

- - - Updated - - -

You need a pole.

I laughed.

Panther88
August 15th, 2017, 11:41 AM
RDE or LDE?
I laughed.

LOL@ the subliminal scouting lol.

Will this be an anticipated sellout (first home game)?

Daytripper
August 15th, 2017, 11:45 AM
LOL@ the subliminal scouting lol.

Will this be an anticipated sellout (first home game)?

There is a great debate among Bearkats as to whether it will sell out. It should as school starts on the 23rd and students should be settled in (and not likely to go home to mommy and daddy the first weekend).

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 12:00 PM
RDE or LDE?

- - - Updated - - -

I laughed.

all of the above. He has usually played both ends equally and sometimes inside. This year he will just be inside more. Apparently we have more depth with outside pass rushers now. expect to see PJ everywhere. but he sure looks more like a DT now. He's easily 15-25 pounds heavier.

jmufan999
August 15th, 2017, 12:08 PM
I'm a self confessed homer and A/hole. But i'm also honest. And i just have not seen the "bounce back fire" that one would like the see from a team and coaching staff. So i'm just not confident. It's not sandbagging, it's just how i see it.

what is "bounce back fire" and why do you keep saying it in every thread? I've never heard another human use this phrase before. give me a specific example of how a coach can provide "bounce back fire".

The Pud
August 15th, 2017, 12:10 PM
The Valley has high humidity but it also has those gulf trade winds that moderate it later in the day (I grew up there so I am familiar). The piney woods are different and can be stifling (hot, humid and still). although I doubt either team will have an advantage because of the temp and humidity as both will be acclimated. I am sure there will be cramps, etc going on but nothing more than usual. Now if this was a Big Sky team coming to Huntsville, things would be different.

+7

The Pud
August 15th, 2017, 12:14 PM
all of the above. He has usually played both ends equally and sometimes inside. This year he will just be inside more. Apparently we have more depth with outside pass rushers now. expect to see PJ everywhere. but he sure looks more like a DT now. He's easily 15-25 pounds heavier.

This is the guy the Spiders will really need to watch out for on the end, while PJ Hall blows up the middle.........
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/OA/OAOLCNXNVFZXEGR.20170720192105.jpg

DERICK ROBERSON

Position:
Defensive End

Height:
6'4"

Weight:

Year:
Junior

Hometown:
San Antonio, Texas

High School:
Brennan HS / Texas

Experience:
1 Letter

Brennan High School
Coached by Stephen Basore at Brennan High School … three-time all-state honoree … selected to the 2014 Under Armour All-America Game … named 4A Defensive Player of the Year and first-team All-State by the Associated Press in 2013 … tabbed unanimous first-team All-District 28-4A … selected All-Texas Defensive Player of the Year, 4A Player of the Year and first-team All-Texas by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football … chosen All-Area Defensive Player of the Year by the San Antonio Express-News … listed on the Austin American-Statesman’s Fab 55 (state’s top prospects) … ranked No. 57 overall and as the No. 9 defensive end in the nation by Scout … No. 78 overall and No. 8 DE in the nation by ESPN … No. 93 overall, No. 6 weakside DE nationally and No. 12 player in Texas by Rivals … No. 100 overall, No. 7 strongside DE nationally and No. 11 player in Texas by 247Sports … No. 3 DE recruit in Texas by DCTF … registered 111 tackles, 20 sacks and 39 tackles for loss, 39 pressures, four passes batted down, three recovered fumbles and one forced fumble as a senior … led a Brennan defense that allowed only 5.1 points and 109.1 yards per game and produced shutouts in nine of 16 games … totaled four sacks and eight tackles for loss against Highlands … posted 10 tackles, three sacks, four tackles for loss and a 13-yard fumble return for a TD against Southwest … helped Brennan to a 15-1 mark overall with an appearance in the 4A DI state championship game in 2013 … selected second-team 4A All-State by the Texas Sports Writers Association in 2012 … tabbed honorable mention 4A All-State by the Associated Press … chosen first-team All-District 28-4A … named second-team DCTF Super Team … recorded 88 tackles, 12 sacks, 35 tackles for loss, 37 pressures, three passes batted down and one blocked kick as a junior … helped Brennan to a 13-1 record and an appearance in the 4A DII regional playoffs … named honorable mention 4A All-State by the Associated Press and the Texas Sports Writers Association in 2011 … chosen first-team All-District 28-4A … notched 105 tackles, 31 tackles for loss, nine sacks, 32 pressures and one interception as a sophomore… helped Brennan to a 7-4 record and an appearance in the bi-district playoffs in 2011

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 12:30 PM
what is "bounce back fire" and why do you keep saying it in every thread? I've never heard another human use this phrase before. give me a specific example of how a coach can provide "bounce back fire".

So you've never heard it because maybe i invented it. lol. So can you really not muster up enough common sense to figure out the implication, Are you that bad with context clues?

A specific example...hmmm let me see.

Ali lost his first fight with Frazier, so he ramped up his intensity of training moving forward because he needed to raise his game due to level of competition. "Bounce Back Fire" "Intensified training" "Extra Motivation" That's the best i can do for you.

Panther88
August 15th, 2017, 12:51 PM
There is a great debate among Bearkats as to whether it will sell out. It should as school starts on the 23rd and students should be settled in (and not likely to go home to mommy and daddy the first weekend).

I think it would sellout w/ mainly freshmen as they acclimate to the college environment coupled w/ the large # of returnees during week #1. Grad'd alums outside of the silver hair'd ones? Well... some things are consistent. (in terms of overall non-support for athletics)

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 01:32 PM
I think the outcome of this game will have less to do with our DL and more to do with our Secondary. We have had one of the best DL in the nation for three years. Led the SLC on sacks last year and was ranked pretty high nationally as well. But even that didn't help the overall results of our D. I've always heard that a strong front 7 will make a secondary look better, well that has not been the case.

DirtyDukes
August 15th, 2017, 01:36 PM

All I said was Spatters will be used to the heat/humidity.

They did almost beat the the National Champs.

Did they? They scored a TD on the last play to make it a one score game. I don't know if I'd say "almost beat". I'd argue W&M or Nova came closer. Even UNH in that epic 4th quarter comeback.

JSUSoutherner
August 15th, 2017, 01:41 PM
I think the outcome of this game will have less to do with our DL and more to do with our Secondary. We have had one of the best DL in the nation for three years. Led the SLC on sacks last year and was ranked pretty high nationally as well. But even that didn't help the overall results of our D. I've always heard that a strong front 7 will make a secondary look better, well that has not been the case.

By what measure? You guys were ranked 68th against the run last year.

The Pud
August 15th, 2017, 01:44 PM

This a new sir ma'am

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 01:58 PM

Just basing it on what i knew about sack numbers. was not concrete on numbers. Sorry to offend. But you are correct. And i'm not just referring to last year. The Defense has regressed every year under Koddler

The point was in reference to the fact that we've been able to get to the QB but it stil has not helped the secondary. Hope that clarifies.

JSUSoutherner
August 15th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Just basing it on what i knew about sack numbers. was not concrete on numbers. Sorry to offend. But you are correct. And i'm not just referring to last year. The Defense has regressed every year under Koddler

The point was in reference to the fact that we've been able to get to the QB but it stil has not helped the secondary. Hope that clarifies.

No offended persons here. Just curious to the reasoning. I'm of the mind that sacks are always a good thing but they don't really help you unless you can stop the run.

Daytripper
August 15th, 2017, 02:22 PM
This is the guy the Spiders will really need to watch out for on the end, while PJ Hall blows up the middle.........
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/OA/OAOLCNXNVFZXEGR.20170720192105.jpg

DERICK ROBERSON

Position:
Defensive End

Height:
6'4"

Weight:

Year:
Junior

Hometown:
San Antonio, Texas

High School:
Brennan HS / Texas

Experience:
1 Letter

Brennan High School
Coached by Stephen Basore at Brennan High School … three-time all-state honoree … selected to the 2014 Under Armour All-America Game … named 4A Defensive Player of the Year and first-team All-State by the Associated Press in 2013 … tabbed unanimous first-team All-District 28-4A … selected All-Texas Defensive Player of the Year, 4A Player of the Year and first-team All-Texas by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football … chosen All-Area Defensive Player of the Year by the San Antonio Express-News … listed on the Austin American-Statesman’s Fab 55 (state’s top prospects) … ranked No. 57 overall and as the No. 9 defensive end in the nation by Scout … No. 78 overall and No. 8 DE in the nation by ESPN … No. 93 overall, No. 6 weakside DE nationally and No. 12 player in Texas by Rivals … No. 100 overall, No. 7 strongside DE nationally and No. 11 player in Texas by 247Sports … No. 3 DE recruit in Texas by DCTF … registered 111 tackles, 20 sacks and 39 tackles for loss, 39 pressures, four passes batted down, three recovered fumbles and one forced fumble as a senior … led a Brennan defense that allowed only 5.1 points and 109.1 yards per game and produced shutouts in nine of 16 games … totaled four sacks and eight tackles for loss against Highlands … posted 10 tackles, three sacks, four tackles for loss and a 13-yard fumble return for a TD against Southwest … helped Brennan to a 15-1 mark overall with an appearance in the 4A DI state championship game in 2013 … selected second-team 4A All-State by the Texas Sports Writers Association in 2012 … tabbed honorable mention 4A All-State by the Associated Press … chosen first-team All-District 28-4A … named second-team DCTF Super Team … recorded 88 tackles, 12 sacks, 35 tackles for loss, 37 pressures, three passes batted down and one blocked kick as a junior … helped Brennan to a 13-1 record and an appearance in the 4A DII regional playoffs … named honorable mention 4A All-State by the Associated Press and the Texas Sports Writers Association in 2011 … chosen first-team All-District 28-4A … notched 105 tackles, 31 tackles for loss, nine sacks, 32 pressures and one interception as a sophomore… helped Brennan to a 7-4 record and an appearance in the bi-district playoffs in 2011

He is a bad man with bad intent. (on the field) I like.

BEAR
August 15th, 2017, 02:24 PM

That's interesting. I went back and looked at your last two games. Against Chatty you allowed 7 sacks. The next game your offense just wasn't the same but allowed less sacks. Did the QB get hurt against Chatty? Just wondering how an Oline that allowed that many one game might have done the next game. Having said that about the offense, what happened to the defense between Chatty and JMU? I mean you gave up LESS passing yards when you played JMU than Chatty. But you gave up 100 more yards rushing to JMU..yet the score was lopsided without a major # of turnovers. What a freaky game. xeyebrowx

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 15th, 2017, 02:27 PM

Did they? They scored a TD on the last play to make it a one score game. I don't know if I'd say "almost beat". I'd argue W&M or Nova came closer. Even UNH in that epic 4th quarter comeback.

Oh come on. Get a stop on a 4th and 2 or 3 deep in the 4th quarter and that game was ours. Brandon Waller breaking his jaw in the 2nd quarter didn't help either.

Not saying that JMU wasn't the better team that day.

McNeese75
August 15th, 2017, 02:29 PM
All BS aside. Kudos to both Schools for scheduling this game xbowx

Sammy94
August 15th, 2017, 02:29 PM
That's interesting. I went back and looked at your last two games. Against Chatty you allowed 7 sacks. The next game your offense just wasn't the same but allowed less sacks. Did the QB get hurt against Chatty? Just wondering how an Oline that allowed that many one game might have done the next game. Having said that about the offense, what happened to the defense between Chatty and JMU? I mean you gave up LESS passing yards when you played JMU than Chatty. But you gave up 100 more yards rushing to JMU..yet the score was lopsided without a major # of turnovers. What a freaky game. xeyebrowx

Yes, the last sack screwed his shoulder up. He should have been done for the year.

jmufan999
August 15th, 2017, 02:31 PM
So you've never heard it because maybe i invented it. lol. So can you really not muster up enough common sense to figure out the implication, Are you that bad with context clues?

to be completely honest with you, it sounds like something a stupid person would say when they're trying to sound like they know what they're talking about. of course I knew you invented it, dummy. no one else on the planet would say something like that.

you still aren't addressing my point: how do you know that the coaching staff doesn't have "bounce back fire" (come on, you have to realize how incredibly stupid that sounds)? you said they don't have BBF. how would you know that?

caribbeanhen
August 15th, 2017, 02:35 PM

I disagree, I walked out the airport the other day here in San Juan after being stateside for a few weeks and forgot how brutal the heat is down here...

caribbeanhen
August 15th, 2017, 02:41 PM

couldn't agree more, love the match up

URMite
August 15th, 2017, 02:58 PM

I came back after missing the last season here just to respond to that.

Honestly, finally got AGS to recognize my email...

Anyway, we took a 37-33 lead with 6:43 left. You guys had a great drive to score at 1:36 left (37-40).

We have no excuse for 4 incomplete passes on 1st & 15 from our own 8. But if you don't count our last score, I don't count yours either. :D

But now on to a new year. And I know how much you are looking forwarding to mocking whoever loses in Huntsville...

URMite
August 15th, 2017, 02:59 PM
couldn't agree more, love the match up

Should be much more interesting than the Boston College game it replaces...

The Pud
August 15th, 2017, 03:00 PM

+9

This will be great for FCS. Sure wish Sammy could have schedule a tougher opponent in week number 2 instead of PVA&M.

The Pud
August 15th, 2017, 03:01 PM

Special Teams played by JMU also help play major role in downward spiral of Sammy during the game. Hats off to JMU for playing on all 12 cylinders

DirtyDukes
August 15th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Oh come on. Get a stop on a 4th and 2 or 3 deep in the 4th quarter and that game was ours. Brandon Waller breaking his jaw in the 2nd quarter didn't help either.

Not saying that JMU wasn't the better team that day.

I still don't think any of that means you "almost" beat us. I'd reserve that for a missed field goal or us scoring on the last drive to win. Just saying.

But now on to a new year. And I know how much you are looking forwarding to whoever loses in Huntsville...

I'm honestly hoping you all win decisively. Soft Houston Fans will crown themselves Universal Champions if they beat you, possibly if it's even a close loss.

caribbeanhen
August 15th, 2017, 03:10 PM
+9

This will be great for FCS. Sure wish Sammy could have schedule a tougher opponent in week number 2 instead of PVA&M.

so PVA&M has the Bison followed by Sammy..... nice!

URMite
August 15th, 2017, 03:34 PM
I'm honestly hoping you all win decisively. Soft Houston Fans will crown themselves Universal Champions if they beat you, possibly if it's even a close loss.
I must be out of practice making posts. I meant you are looking forward to MOCKING whoever loses.

If SHSU wins your opinion of them won't change but you will think less of us. If we win you will feel vindicated in your opinion of SHSU. Either way you can't lose...

DirtyDukes
August 15th, 2017, 03:46 PM
I must be out of practice making posts. I meant you are looking forward to MOCKING whoever loses.

If SHSU wins your opinion of them won't change but you will think less of us. If we win you will feel vindicated in your opinion of SHSU. Either way you can't lose...

That's true.

I honestly will be shocked, SHOCKED, if it's even close.

caribbeanhen
August 15th, 2017, 04:40 PM
How are the Spider's WR's looking? Did Brian Brown get an NFL contract? Luletta is going to miss that talent...

Daytripper
August 15th, 2017, 04:48 PM
That's true.

I honestly will be shocked, SHOCKED, if it's even close.

You continue to base your opinion of SHSU on ONE GAME. You don't listen to many others on here that are objective and have been following FCS for a long time. They keep trying to tell you that have blinders on when it comes to Sammy.

KPSUL
August 15th, 2017, 04:55 PM

Absolutely! Looking forward to watching this one on week zero.

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 05:06 PM
No offended persons here. Just curious to the reasoning. I'm of the mind that sacks are always a good thing but they don't really help you unless you can stop the run.

agreed. but again i was more speaking to the effect on the secondary vein null and void. carry on good man.

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 05:13 PM
chatty was a game of adjustments.

Qtr 1.5 kats blew the doors off chatty
Qtr 1.5-3 Chatty tried what every other team we played tried all year, they sent pressure from every direction play after play. The difference was they had the personnel to make it work.
Qtr 3-4 Kats went exclusively to quick slants and go routes to beat the pressure and mixed in s little direct snap to yedi. game over.

Yes briscoe got hurt at very end of Chatty.

JMU wasn't freaky, we got an early turnover, they got it right back. We couldn't stop any running play they ran. Even their 3rd and long hail mary's worked when we did stop the run. they just mauled us.

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 05:20 PM
to be completely honest with you, it sounds like something a stupid person would say when they're trying to sound like they know what they're talking about. of course I knew you invented it, dummy. no one else on the planet would say something like that.

you still aren't addressing my point: how do you know that the coaching staff doesn't have "bounce back fire" (come on, you have to realize how incredibly stupid that sounds)? you said they don't have BBF. how would you know that?

What term would you use to describe "They don't look that interested in playing football right now"? Sheesh.

"Bounce back"= Referencing the need to "Bounce back" from a terrible way to end a season.

"Fire" = A term commonly used in sports to describe an athlete who is extremely motivated and aggressive ie: "Fired up" "Hair on fire", etc.

And my statement was "I just don't see it" or something to that effect. It was based on what i said, my observations from practices and scrimmages that i've attended. From the coaches standpoint, i'm basing the observation that they have constantly backed off on work, eased up on contact, gave guys days off when not injured, etc etc. That is from the coaches own mouth sir. Nothing has been said from coaches outwardly so that fans can hear, that there is a motivated sense of urgency. That's all. And the practices i've seen reflect that.

The only stupid part of this is that someone actually chose to make an issue and debate out of it. You don't go to our practices. I do, so bye.

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 05:29 PM
This is the mildest summer in some time, i don't think heat will be an issue. And it will most likely rain as it has dang near every weekend recently.

cx500d
August 15th, 2017, 05:31 PM
This is the mildest summer in some time, i don't think heat will be an issue. And it will most likely rain as it has dang near every weekend recently.

How are the skeeters down in your swamp?

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 05:54 PM
How are the skeeters down in your swamp?

Has not been bad. Not sure what's going on. Seems like Armageddon.

spdram
August 15th, 2017, 07:29 PM
It honestly can't.

true that

spdram
August 15th, 2017, 07:46 PM
How are the Spider's WR's looking? Did Brian Brown get an NFL contract? Luletta is going to miss that talent...

very deep at the WR position

caribbeanhen
August 15th, 2017, 07:48 PM
very deep at the WR position

alright, I just might have to check the Spider roster for myself

jmufan999
August 15th, 2017, 08:03 PM
And my statement was "I just don't see it" or something to that effect. It was based on what i said, my observations from practices and scrimmages that i've attended. From the coaches standpoint, i'm basing the observation that they have constantly backed off on work, eased up on contact, gave guys days off when not injured, etc etc. That is from the coaches own mouth sir. Nothing has been said from coaches outwardly so that fans can hear, that there is a motivated sense of urgency. That's all. And the practices i've seen reflect that.

first of all, i apologize for being mean. seriously.

that paragraph was what i was looking for. WHAT was happening that made you feel that way, that kind of thing. is it possible, though, that they have a plan and know what they're doing? maybe they're easing up in practice to avoid injury. maybe they're less intense on the day you see them, but maybe that's the day before a scrimmage? i wouldn't assume that less contact or even less intense practice will result in a worse product. if it truly is a change from previous years, i'm sure it's not an accident.

DallasSpider
August 15th, 2017, 08:13 PM

Brian has been toasting the cowboys 2nd team secondary almost daily in practice (take that for what you will with the cowboys defense). Lots of depth though at the position with him and several others including a late draft pick fighting for the 6th receiver spot/squad. He will be on somebody roster by the end of camp.

Honestly, and I believe this is as unbiased as it can be, I would take our 3,4,5 receivers over most other receivers in the league. The group is DEEP.

caribbeanhen
August 15th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Brian has been toasting the cowboys 2nd team secondary almost daily in practice (take that for what you will with the cowboys defense). Lots of depth though at the position with him and several others including a late draft pick fighting for the 6th receiver spot/squad. He will be on somebody roster by the end of camp.

Honestly, and I believe this is as unbiased as it can be, I would take our 3,4,5 receivers over most other receivers in the league. The group is DEEP.

very informative.... I will definitely be checking that roster now

milleniumkat
August 15th, 2017, 08:31 PM
first of all, i apologize for being mean. seriously.

that paragraph was what i was looking for. WHAT was happening that made you feel that way, that kind of thing. is it possible, though, that they have a plan and know what they're doing? maybe they're easing up in practice to avoid injury. maybe they're less intense on the day you see them, but maybe that's the day before a scrimmage? i wouldn't assume that less contact or even less intense practice will result in a worse product. if it truly is a change from previous years, i'm sure it's not an accident.

Of course it's possible. I'm just stating an observation based on what i HAVE seen. And that's all a guy can do is comment on what he has seen. That's all. Could i be wrong. sure. in fact i sure as hell hope so.

Go...gate
August 15th, 2017, 10:07 PM
For a minute there, I thought there was a game going on!

32counter
August 15th, 2017, 10:14 PM

Our roster can be adjusted for BIG print and surnames(last names)are cross referenced by phonetic multi syllabic assistance for those with a Blue Hen high school education.There is a BIG button to press that helps with pronunciation.Like Newark,Delaware is pronounced very slowly like New-Ark with the hyphen inserted not to be confused with Newark,New Jersey which doesn't have the hyphen.We keep it very simple for visitors from New-Ark.

caribbeanhen
August 15th, 2017, 10:23 PM
Our roster can be adjusted for BIG print and surnames(last names)are cross referenced by phonetic multi syllabic assistance for those with a Blue Hen high school education.There is a BIG button to press that helps with pronunciation.Like Newark,Delaware is pronounced very slowly like New-Ark with the hyphen inserted not to be confused with Newark,New Jersey which doesn't have the hyphen.We keep it very simple for visitors from New-Ark.

sorry Bud, I skipped college invested the savings and now living on easy street, not interested in the college talk.... waste of money

DirtyDukes
August 16th, 2017, 08:15 AM
You continue to base your opinion of SHSU on ONE GAME. You don't listen to many others on here that are objective and have been following FCS for a long time. They keep trying to tell you that have blinders on when it comes to Sammy.

I base my opinion on a lot of things, not just one game.

Your coach.

Your own fans opinions.

Multiple games, including your last 3 playoff exits.

There is LOTS of evidence that Soft Houston is soft, and not a lot to support the way MK and others (not you DT, I respect you and your opinion) speak and think about the Kats. But then I see MK on twitter questioning KCK's practices and I wonder if he actually even believes it himself?

Is Soft Houston better than I think? Almost certainly. Are they as good as the average Kats fan (that I interact with, here, twitter) think? Almost certainly not. I personally think I'm closer to the truth, especially in games against quality opponents.

Regardless, this is all just words on the internet and the boys can prove it on the field. If Soft Houston beats the Spatters convincingly, I'll give them their due.

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 08:34 AM
I base my opinion on a lot of things, not just one game.

Your coach.

Your own fans opinions.

Multiple games, including your last 3 playoff exits.

There is LOTS of evidence that Soft Houston is soft, and not a lot to support the way MK and others (not you DT, I respect you and your opinion) speak and think about the Kats. But then I see MK on twitter questioning KCK's practices and I wonder if he actually even believes it himself?

Is Soft Houston better than I think? Almost certainly. Are they as good as the average Kats fan (that I interact with, here, twitter) think? Almost certainly not. I personally think I'm closer to the truth, especially in games against quality opponents.

Regardless, this is all just words on the internet and the boys can prove it on the field. If Soft Houston beats the Spatters convincingly, I'll give them their due.

So again we run into the same old issue. That JMU fans can't fathom that a fan can both support a team while having reservations at the same time. I'm not going to keep trying to explain that. If you don't get it you don't get it. Your fans were down on your team and players after the colgate team but they still showed up game one for the next season. just let it go.

Lastly, you reveal that you really don't know anything other than scores that you have looked up. Go back and look at our 2014 game vs NDSU and tell me in what universe was that even close to the same type of game as JSU and JMU. That was a 7-3 game at the half. NDSU came out on the second half and wore us down cuz they were the better deeper team. Jsu and Jmu were collapses. Not even close.

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 08:37 AM
But again, this is a Richmond vs SHSU thread. so...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/82a47abe07642e7c8e2f6022341daec6.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/d6f69765acdc3703c0957702d15f8f67.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/7cded3308ec79ae275f7b06c1e715c45.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/dcfe8bacc68d0caff96d2656aa4fa5e1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/d95bb178f24e6ac81e19e228b5912618.jpg

McNeese75
August 16th, 2017, 08:41 AM
"3 seconds"

Which QB gets it? Whoever has time to pass will probably win this game. Both teams will be bringing the wood from the solid D lines so if the QB is rushed and does not get the minimum needed,

Well,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrpmv_zOa0k

DirtyDukes
August 16th, 2017, 08:48 AM
So again we run into the same old issue. That JMU fans can't fathom that a fan can both support a team while having reservations at the same time. I'm not going to keep trying to explain that. If you don't get it you don't get it. Your fans were down on your team and players after the colgate team but they still showed up game one for the next season. just let it go.

Lastly, you reveal that you really don't know anything other than scores that you have looked up. Go back and look at our 2014 game vs NDSU and tell me in what universe was that even close to the same type of game as JSU and JMU. That was a 7-3 game at the half. NDSU came out on the second half and wore us down cuz they were the better deeper team. Jsu and Jmu were collapses. Not even close.

Okay? How does pointing to a loss to NDSU prove your point? This is what I'm talking about, dude. Your arguments don't make sense.

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Okay? How does pointing to a loss to NDSU prove your point? This is what I'm talking about, dude. Your arguments don't make sense.

wasn't proving a point. just jabbing at your lack of knowledge. it ain't hard. Pot calling the kettle black on the sense comment

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Hey look everyone!! It's one of those new things we heard about! It's a JMU fan getting butt hurt and starting **** in a thread not dedicated to them! I thought they were just like a myth!

Panther88
August 16th, 2017, 09:08 AM
+9

txa&m-b/cs:ut-austin:uofh/lsu are always taking offers for a whipping boy if shsu is seeking tougher competition. at their place, of course.

PVAMU is 1-0 vs SHSU in its only meeting. Coach Simmons has recruited quality and quantity to help make our squad competitive. We are quietly progressing under the radar. SHSU fans should feel impressed when they leave Panther stadium. FTR, I've seen both spring games of PVAMU & SHSU. I know their strengths and weaknesses. Briscoe is indeed 1st team all-american. SHSU RBs are deep and very good. SHSU WRs are ridiculously good. SHSU will discover the prior year's FCS scoring champion in PVAMU soonest. High scoring game and our defense is now solidified in yr#3.

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 09:28 AM
txa&m-b/cs:ut-austin:uofh/lsu are always taking offers for a whipping boy if shsu is seeking tougher competition. at their place, of course.

PVAMU is 1-0 vs SHSU in its only meeting. Coach Simmons has recruited quality and quantity to help make our squad competitive. We are quietly progressing under the radar. SHSU fans should feel impressed when they leave Panther stadium. FTR, I've seen both spring games of PVAMU & SHSU. I know their strengths and weaknesses. Briscoe is indeed 1st team all-american. SHSU RBs are deep and very good. SHSU WRs are ridiculously good. SHSU will discover the prior year's FCS scoring champion in PVAMU soonest. High scoring game and our defense is now solidified in yr#3.

How can it be a both a high scoring game with solid defense?

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 09:34 AM
we will catch up in two weeks on the pvamu vs shsu thread

DirtyDukes
August 16th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Hey look everyone!! It's one of those new things we heard about! It's a JMU fan getting butt hurt and starting **** in a thread not dedicated to them! I thought they were just like a myth!

LOL @ you calling me butt hurt. How many times do you post in a row because you're so riled up? I don't care if you guys played NDSU tight for one quarter, you still got blown out. And I watched that game and was referencing it specifically. Unlike you, I've been an FCS fan since 2002 and on this particular board for 10 more years than you.

Daytripper
August 16th, 2017, 09:47 AM
LOL @ you calling me butt hurt. How many times do you post in a row because you're so riled up? I don't care if you guys played NDSU tight for one quarter, you still got blown out. And I watched that game and was referencing it specifically. Unlike you, I've been an FCS fan since 2002 and on this particular board for 10 more years than you.

None of this takes away from the fact that you roll into every single thread that is SHSU related and blow it up with your trolling. It is not an arguable point. The evidence is everywhere.

DirtyDukes
August 16th, 2017, 09:57 AM
None of this takes away from the fact that you roll into every single thread that is SHSU related and blow it up with your trolling. It is not an arguable point. The evidence is everywhere.

Am I not allowed to post in threads unless it relates to JMU? I didn't realize that was a rule here at AGS.

Also, how is expressing an alternate opinion (that SHSU is not as good as SHSU fans think) trolling? Isn't this a discussion? Don't we need both sides?

Sammy94
August 16th, 2017, 10:07 AM

PV did beat SFA not long ago. I know that's not saying much being football and all, but it did happen.

Panther88
August 16th, 2017, 10:15 AM
How can it be a both a high scoring game with solid defense?

Whoa! I said "solidified" not "solid." Solidified in that we are much better defensively than we have been over the last 8-9 yrs.

It's too early for PV/SH indepth talk. I only wanted to give much kudo to a damned VERY good SH football team we aspire to be like while simultaneously stating that PV is not a pushover anymore. We offer 63 full-rides and recruit tx, la, florida lol, california, et al like others and actually have great coaching in place. Much luck vs Richmond.

Panther88
August 16th, 2017, 10:18 AM
we will catch up in two weeks on the pvamu vs shsu thread

For sure. I think SH has a week+ to prep for that game and we have 5 days for the Thurs night national tilt. Hope everyone here can attend.

Daytripper
August 16th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Am I not allowed to post in threads unless it relates to JMU? I didn't realize that was a rule here at AGS.

Also, how is expressing an alternate opinion (that SHSU is not as good as SHSU fans think) trolling? Isn't this a discussion? Don't we need both sides?

Just coming into every thread with "Sam Houston is soft", especially when it doesn't really relate to the topic at hand, is not offering an alternative opinion.

DirtyDukes
August 16th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Just coming into every thread with "Sam Houston is soft", especially when it doesn't really relate to the topic at hand, is not offering an alternative opinion.

My first post in this thread was about discussing game conditions. And usually people's opinions of a team informs their prediction or discussion of a topic.

JayMYou
August 16th, 2017, 12:22 PM
I'm going to take a crack at this. I don't know much about what each team has coming back but it sounds like SH is getting most of their offense back and Richmond's defense could be in shambles. It took a hit when Trott left for JMU, and now there's a total coaching staff change? If SH can't beat Richmond under these conditions (at home, first game of the year for a new Richmond staff, Richmond losing key players on defense, etc) then they really might be a paper tiger.

So I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt: SHSU 42-27

Either way the result of this game will be fodder; SH goes the rest of the year gloating, or goes the rest of the year indignant. The pressure is palpable and will be fun to watch.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/6ff1704c221e038686581b5dd4045ca5/tumblr_n89cgpx60D1rrkahjo1_400.gif

Nickels
August 16th, 2017, 12:56 PM
For sure. I think SH has a week+ to prep for that game and we have 5 days for the Thurs night national tilt. Hope everyone here can attend.
I'm going to try but work obligations and my route up ****ing 290 might prevent me from attending.

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 01:03 PM

There is no limit to my post strings. you knew that already. rain or shine. 💋

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 01:05 PM

I've been an FCS fan since 1996 kiddo. And who cares how long you have been on here? You don't get medals for that. Now who's not making sense? What does that have to do with football. muuuahahhaah. You have derailed cupcake

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 01:06 PM

Thank you for your fine police work. Loser

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 01:06 PM

Attend?? I'm sitting with you.

I'm excited for this one too. I have much respect for PV. Many other programs would have shut down with the struggles y'all have had. But you guys pushed through. Most of us would love to have you in the SLC

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 01:08 PM

WINNER! Be careful with using facts tho!

URMite
August 16th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Was post #99 about the Spider WRs being deep or the Cowboys WRs being deep?

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 01:10 PM
One more post for DD for his pitch count. POST!

URMite
August 16th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Whoa! I said "solidified" not "solid." Solidified in that we are much better defensively than we have been over the last 8-9 yrs.

It's too early for PV/SH indepth talk. I only wanted to give much kudo to a damned VERY good SH football team we aspire to be like while simultaneously stating that PV is not a pushover anymore. We offer 63 full-rides and recruit tx, la, florida lol, california, et al like others and actually have great coaching in place. Much luck vs Richmond.
I still remember 1979 when I believe Prairie View and Richmond were the only two winless college football teams...

DirtyDukes
August 16th, 2017, 01:20 PM
I've been an FCS fan since 1996 kiddo. And who cares how long you have been on here? You don't get medals for that. Now who's not making sense? What does that have to do with football. muuuahahhaah. You have derailed cupcake

It has to the do with the fact that I watched the game you claimed I didn't and that I'm not basing my opinion on just one game. Try to keep up, man. And post count? Wow, so impressive. You just posted 4 times in a row when one post would have sufficed... congratulations.

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 01:50 PM
It has to the do with the fact that I watched the game you claimed I didn't and that I'm not basing my opinion on just one game. Try to keep up, man. And post count? Wow, so impressive. You just posted 4 times in a row when one post would have sufficed... congratulations.

If you think that game was the same than you are most likely blind or a futbol fan

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 01:51 PM

You're

milleniumkat

So very

milleniumkat

Welcome 💋

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Every group of friends has that one guy/gal who kinda just finds out where everyone is at and shows up. And drinks the host's beer and doesn't flush. ...

The Pud
August 16th, 2017, 02:01 PM

Point well taken, and I meant no disparagement towards PVAMU. My comments were merely that us Sammy fans wish we could have a stronger schedule to help better prepare the team for the playoffs and to help the team with a higher seeding in the playoffs. I have no problem with Sammy scheduling LSU, et. al.; however, it seems these high power P5 programs no longer have available slots to schedule Sammy in the near future.

With regards to PVAMU, I do agree with your comments, and I hope Sammy does not over look a young and talented PVAMU team on their home turf, to do so would probably mean a defeat for Sammy.

DirtyDukes
August 16th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Every group of friends has that one guy/gal who kinda just finds out where everyone is at and shows up. And drinks the host's beer and doesn't flush. ...

https://68.media.tumblr.com/a095298a115d6d07289d43328c03e940/tumblr_nrnoo03aWU1sgx25jo1_400.gif

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 02:44 PM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/a095298a115d6d07289d43328c03e940/tumblr_nrnoo03aWU1sgx25jo1_400.gif

LOL. that's the same look that guy/gal always has when everyone changes location. Looks like nail has been hit!

Lorne_Malvo
August 16th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Also, how is expressing an alternate opinion (that SHSU is not as good as SHSU fans think) trolling? Isn't this a discussion? Don't we need both sides? JMU is not as good as you believe either. I wish NDSU had a schedule as soft as yours.

caribbeanhen
August 16th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Was post #99 about the Spider WRs being deep or the Cowboys WRs being deep?

that's a good question, when I read it the first time I was thinking he was talking about Richmond... but maybe the Cowboys?

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 03:13 PM
JMU is not as good as you believe either. I wish NDSU had a schedule as soft as yours.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/ec65210e6895c93891598c042ee6ff7e.jpg

Panther88
August 16th, 2017, 03:19 PM
I still remember 1979 when I believe Prairie View and Richmond were the only two winless college football teams...

Sounds about right. For well over 30+ consecutive years, PVAMU didn't give a hoot about any of its athletics programs. Remember, it was the earlier part of the 1990s where we fielded ZERO (0) athletic scholarships and STILL attempted to remain in the then D-Iaa subdivision competing against full-scholarshipped teams at the D-Iaa and D-II levels (0-80 w/ voluntary students). Those scores were ridiculously lopsided and obviously, it wasn't fair to our fans or opposing fans that we didn't offer the best competition possible for all.

Panther88
August 16th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Attend?? I'm sitting with you.

I'm excited for this one too. I have much respect for PV. Many other programs would have shut down with the struggles y'all have had. But you guys pushed through. Most of us would love to have you in the SLC

I'll be sitting in the east side stands w/ you, no doubt. We have the EXACT same dilemma that's @ Bowers though.... tx sun...heat...6pm... no shade. :(

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I'll be sitting in the east side stands w/ you, no doubt. We have the EXACT same dilemma that's @ Bowers though.... tx sun...heat...6pm... no shade. :(

Oh hell.

Sammy94
August 16th, 2017, 04:05 PM

Maybe I will watch it on ESPNU instead. Plus those ticket prices??? PV trying to pay for that new stadium quickly.

DirtyDukes
August 16th, 2017, 04:25 PM
JMU is not as good as you believe either. I wish NDSU had a schedule as soft as yours.

Sorry what now? We beat 5 top 15 teams last year on the road in the REGULAR season. We beat you at your house. We will be even better this year.

Panther88
August 16th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Oh hell.

EXACTLY!!!!!!! xlolx That's how those bleachers feel from 6-7:15pm recently. I think one can fry an egg on the bleachers @ 6pm, no oil required.

Maybe I will watch it on ESPNU instead. Plus those ticket prices??? PV trying to pay for that new stadium quickly.

You are preaching to the choir. Words just simply cannot describe how MOST of us feel w/ the ticket increase. PVAMU has the highest gameday ticket-price in all of D-I FCS (?). What is it... 40$ for a GA seat lower-level and then another 10$ gameday parking fee? They've lost their minds.

milleniumkat
August 16th, 2017, 04:43 PM
EXACTLY!!!!!!! xlolx That's how those bleachers feel from 6-7:15pm recently. I think one can fry an egg on the bleachers @ 6pm, no oil required.

You are preaching to the choir. Words just simply cannot describe how MOST of us feel w/ the ticket increase. PVAMU has the highest gameday ticket-price in all of D-I FCS (?). What is it... 40$ for a GA seat lower-level and then another 10$ gameday parking fee? They've lost their minds.

IF NDSU had 6Peated none of this would have happened. That's all i'm saying.

alvin.kmiec
August 16th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Is this thread about Sam and Richmond or Sam and JMU? Plus you call Sam soft, we who has been in the playoffs the most in the past several years? Ask Montana, Montana State, or anyone else we have beat in the playoffs if we are soft. Yes we lost some big games and so has JMU. I guess y'all was soft when Richmond beat y'all last year.

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 06:22 AM
Is this thread about Sam and Richmond or Sam and JMU? Plus you call Sam soft, we who has been in the playoffs the most in the past several years? Ask Montana, Montana State, or anyone else we have beat in the playoffs if we are soft. Yes we lost some big games and so has JMU. I guess y'all was soft when Richmond beat y'all last year.

This!! Every game thread is about JMU.

To be fair Richmond had a good team in 2015, Colgate however, did not.

DirtyDukes
August 17th, 2017, 07:32 AM

We beat Richmond last year you dingle and we haven't lost an FCS game by more than 20 points since 2009. I feel pretty safe saying we've never lost an FCS game by 58.

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 09:28 AM
We beat Richmond last year you dingle and we haven't lost an FCS game by more than 20 points since 2009. I feel pretty safe saying we've never lost an FCS game by 58.

So every loss 20 or less is an acceptable loss and counted toward a winning season? Got it.

DD logic: "You can't mention that the teams you lose to are the very elite of FCS otherwise you are justifying losses. However, if you lose to High School Teams by only one point, then that's cool".

Sammy94
August 17th, 2017, 10:51 AM

You would think being a Thursday night on national TV they would want a packed house. I figured tickets to be about $20, I was a bit shocked that it was doubled that. Five of us were planning on going but if its in the sun and its on TV, I think I will save my $200 for something else.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 17th, 2017, 11:34 AM

Everything that happened prior to 2016 does not matter because Mike Houston wasn't the coach then. Except 2004. And except the Scotty McGee game in 2008.

Capiche?

KPSUL
August 17th, 2017, 12:21 PM

"Good Team" is a relative term.

2015 Update:

Richmond @ UNH UNH 30, Richmond 25

Colgate @ UNH Colgate 27, UNH 20

In the interest of full disclosure, UNH did beat Colgate early in 2015 in Hamilton, NY 28-8.

Yes you did decisively beat Colgate at your place the week after they beat JMU; however, as you have so clearly pointed out in previous posts on this thread and several others, one game does not tell the whole story of a team or a season. That Colgate team was a good FCS team the second half of the season.

KPSUL
August 17th, 2017, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=alvin.kmiec;2510401]Is this thread about Sam and Richmond or Sam and JMU? Plus you call Sam soft, we who has been in the playoffs the most in the past several years? Ask Montana, Montana State, or anyone else we have beat in the playoffs if we are soft. Yes we lost some big games and so has JMU. I guess y'all was soft when Richmond beat y'all last year.

/QUOTE]

JMU was undefeated in FCS play last season; they beat Richmond @ Richmond in a hard fought game. Richmond beat JMU @ Harrisonburg in 2015, somewhat spoiling their ESPN Gameday party.

KPSUL
August 17th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Everything that happened prior to 2016 does not matter because Mike Houston wasn't the coach then. Except 2004. And except the Scotty McGee game in 2008.

Capiche?

Wait a minute! Saturday, Sept 11, 2010 counts - they beat FBS #13 Virginia Tech that day. However, with conference losses to Delaware, UNH, Villanova, UMass and Richmond the rest of 2010 does not.

fmrbearkat
August 17th, 2017, 01:26 PM

Briscoe was hurt on the last play of the game vs chatty and our left tackle got hurt during the chatty game and didn't suit up for JMU I don't think.

Briscoe didn't throw a pass from the hit until game day. They did tests and it was a bone bruise in his elbow and nothing structural but was in a ton of pain. Tried to let swelling go down as much as possible and then got some injections to numb it up and played through it but was obviously off. He was one of the most accurate passers in history last year and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in that game.

If DD or any others think a healthy JB comes in and that score still looks The same your crazy. Im not saying we win because yall were playing inspired football....some could even say there was a little extra something special running through your guys veins and urine and nothing was going to stop them.....but no matter the case yall were the better team that day. Jokes aside there was some bad dudes on that team.

Now that doesn't excuse the receivers that caught everything thrown at them all year dropping balls the entire game or the defense looking like ****. But as you saw we became one dimensional after Avery's injury early in the year and we never got back to it and as our quarterback goes so does the rest of our team. The snow ball started, the general wasn't on his horse, and getting beat in cold weather SUCKS and if they didn't learn anything from it then we will see the same results in the playoffs this year...it just won't be as lopsided if JB is healthy but we still get beat.

If you've ever played a down of football you've been through a game like that when the energy just leaves the sidelines. We've just been blessed with 2 high profile games in which both involved a starting qb hurt. Sucks but its part of it. But a year more experience and if we stay healthy and did learn from those two ass whippin's then the Kats have as good of a shot as anybody this year.

Panther88
August 17th, 2017, 01:51 PM
You would think being a Thursday night on national TV they would want a packed house. I figured tickets to be about $20, I was a bit shocked that it was doubled that. Five of us were planning on going but if its in the sun and its on TV, I think I will save my $200 for something else.

I don't blame you. The brain-distrusted there should return where it originated. I thought 10$ tix would be the correct draw for a Thurs night tilt. The evening traffic rush on 290 will cause a LOT of htowners to reconsider that drive.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 17th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Wait a minute! Saturday, Sept 11, 2010 counts - they beat FBS #13 Virginia Tech that day. However, with conference losses to Delaware, UNH, Villanova, UMass and Richmond the rest of 2010 does not.

True. That day too. How could I possibly forget?

Bisonoline
August 17th, 2017, 02:05 PM

You are balking at paying 40.00 a ticket? Really?

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 02:15 PM

Capiche?

I savvy!

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 02:16 PM
"Good Team" is a relative term.

2015 Update:

Richmond @ UNH UNH 30, Richmond 25

Colgate @ UNH Colgate 27, UNH 20

In the interest of full disclosure, UNH did beat Colgate early in 2015 in Hamilton, NY 28-8.

Yes you did decisively beat Colgate at your place the week after they beat JMU; however, as you have so clearly pointed out in previous posts on this thread and several others, one game does not tell the whole story of a team or a season. That Colgate team was a good FCS team the second half of the season.

Oh I KNOW that. But i won't turn down an opportunity to use the whole circular logic trick when needed.

Sammy94
August 17th, 2017, 03:23 PM

We aren't talking about Fargo where demand is greater than supply, quite the opposite for a Thur night game at PV, Texas. I will be very surprised if the stadium is half full.

I thought 10$ tix would be the correct draw for a Thurs night tilt.

This would be a great marketing move. Surely the students get in free?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2017, 03:41 PM
We aren't talking about Fargo where demand is greater than supply, quite the opposite for a Thur night game at PV, Texas. I will be very surprised if the stadium is half full.

I'm sorta surprised at that though Sammy. Part of developing that fanbase is paying the price and helping out the program with a higher level in all areas and SHSU has been on such a rise and staying very relevant all over the place I'd think fans would say "OK, I get it" and pony up a bit to have something like this coming around. If they don't then it's less likely it comes around again isn't it?

BTW, I think this game is gonna be really great.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Oh I KNOW that. But i won't turn down an opportunity to use the whole circular logic trick when needed.

Go read your pm's.

DirtyDukes
August 17th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Go read your pm's.

https://m.popkey.co/85fbbb/16xp0_s-200x150.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2017, 04:13 PM
https://m.popkey.co/85fbbb/16xp0_s-200x150.gif

No, it's about me offering some assistance with his siggy. xlolx

Panther88
August 17th, 2017, 04:25 PM

You are surely correct, students free.

I hope some semblance of forward thinking occurs in the form of WISD and HISD children for 5$. The 90$ cokes laced w/ caffeine will add to the revenue stream lol.

DirtyDukes
August 17th, 2017, 04:37 PM
No, it's about me offering some assistance with his siggy. xlolx

https://media.giphy.com/media/14gQ7WC5EBcruw/giphy.gif

https://www.parhlo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/ezgif.com-gif-maker-4.gif

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 06:50 PM
we all know jmu test tube millennials get whatever they cry for.

DirtyDukes
August 17th, 2017, 07:26 PM
we all know jmu test tube millennials get whatever they cry for.

You are so bad at this.

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 07:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170818/95e9543fca71ce1b563fdf69071a9b76.png

DD^^

DirtyDukes
August 17th, 2017, 07:53 PM
LOL okay you're getting better buddy

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 07:59 PM
LOL okay you're getting better buddy

💋

Serpentor
August 17th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Wow, after all this BS, the actual game day discussion is going to be an afterthought.

Nickels
August 17th, 2017, 09:44 PM
**** yeah I am. Half the reason I watch FCS is the $10 entries and free parking.

Honestly the 290 rush hour drive might prevent me from attending more than anything. I cant believe it's legal for a road that dangerous to be open.

Nickels
August 17th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Briscoe was hurt on the last play of the game vs chatty and our left tackle got hurt during the chatty game and didn't suit up for JMU I don't think.

Briscoe didn't throw a pass from the hit until game day. They did tests and it was a bone bruise in his elbow and nothing structural but was in a ton of pain. Tried to let swelling go down as much as possible and then got some injections to numb it up and played through it but was obviously off. He was one of the most accurate passers in history last year and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in that game.

If DD or any others think a healthy JB comes in and that score still looks The same your crazy. Im not saying we win because yall were playing inspired football....some could even say there was a little extra something special running through your guys veins and urine and nothing was going to stop them.....but no matter the case yall were the better team that day. Jokes aside there was some bad dudes on that team.

Now that doesn't excuse the receivers that caught everything thrown at them all year dropping balls the entire game or the defense looking like ****. But as you saw we became one dimensional after Avery's injury early in the year and we never got back to it and as our quarterback goes so does the rest of our team. The snow ball started, the general wasn't on his horse, and getting beat in cold weather SUCKS and if they didn't learn anything from it then we will see the same results in the playoffs this year...it just won't be as lopsided if JB is healthy but we still get beat.

If you've ever played a down of football you've been through a game like that when the energy just leaves the sidelines. We've just been blessed with 2 high profile games in which both involved a starting qb hurt. Sucks but its part of it. But a year more experience and if we stay healthy and did learn from those two ass whippin's then the Kats have as good of a shot as anybody this year.
Most sensible post I've seen on an SHSU thread in a loooooooooong time.

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Wow, after all this BS, the actual game day discussion is going to be an afterthought.

Yep. Jimmy's peeps derailed it.

milleniumkat
August 18th, 2017, 07:40 AM
May be rain or wet conditions in the forecast. I don't think blazing heat will be an issue. Humid AF will be tho. Will be interesting to see which offense can deal with the elements best. Our offense has been spotty at best in poor conditions.

The Pud
August 18th, 2017, 07:44 AM
Should be an exciting game for Sammy and Richmond, a game that will feature two outstanding QBs

Nickels
August 18th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Should be an exciting game for Sammy and Richmond, a game that will feature two outstanding QBs
If Griffin makes it in late in the game, then I agree.

milleniumkat
August 18th, 2017, 04:47 PM

🤔😆

milleniumkat
August 19th, 2017, 06:49 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170819/75b79941b16c1b5a23438168e3a7a53a.jpg

Serpentor
August 19th, 2017, 08:42 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170819/75b79941b16c1b5a23438168e3a7a53a.jpg

I quiver with antici.... pation.

milleniumkat
August 19th, 2017, 11:14 AM
I quiver with antici.... pation.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170819/cb8949e7767e86caedce10fd97e47e77.jpg

milleniumkat
August 19th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Alls i'll say is that TNT tailgaters are cooking up a special "Spider Themed" Bbq. i'll leave that to your imagination.

NDSUtk
August 19th, 2017, 12:30 PM
so PVA&M has the Bison followed by Sammy..... nice!Are you referring to NDSU with the Bison? If so, no, they do not have the Bison followed by Sammy. NDSU is playing Mississippi Valley State first game.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
August 19th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Are you referring to NDSU with the Bison? If so, no, they do not have the Bison followed by Sammy. NDSU is playing Mississippi Valley State first game.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yep, I was confused with my SWAC teams, I got it figured out now.... Itta Bena is looking better and better, not the Delta Devils but just an interesting little town with college football

Winston
August 20th, 2017, 02:12 PM
This will be an outstanding game. It will set the tone for each team for the entire season. To JMU fans, thanks for supporting Spidernation. Go CAA.

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 07:42 AM
This will be an outstanding game. It will set the tone for each team for the entire season. To JMU fans, thanks for supporting Spidernation. Go CAA.

Game game game, game game game, game game game game game week!

Sung to the tune of jingle bells. ---

The Pud
August 21st, 2017, 07:45 AM
I hear Sammy has a nice group of big TE's that will see lots of passes thrown their way on Sunday. I cannot believe it is game week! Wow

Panther88
August 21st, 2017, 08:17 AM

That lefty is god awfully gifted.

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 08:30 AM
I hear Sammy has a nice group of big TE's that will see lots of passes thrown their way on Sunday. I cannot believe it is game week! Wow

shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 08:39 AM
JMU fans are welcome to cheer on the Spiders.

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 08:42 AM
UR has a strong returning offensive unit. It has 3 returning starters at RB- Collins, Goodall and Thompson. Collins and Goodall were injured and out for most of the season. Thompson picked up in game 4 and rushed for more than 1,000 yards on the season.

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 08:44 AM
We have 3 strong QB's. The starter is the league leading Kyle Lauletta. He blew out his knee in the last game of the season. The second is Kevin Jackson, a 3-star recruit; he carried us through the playoffs last year. The third is Mancusco, who has really developed.

The Pud
August 21st, 2017, 09:00 AM
We have 3 strong QB's. The starter is the league leading Kyle Lauletta. He blew out his knee in the last game of the season. The second is Kevin Jackson, a 3-star recruit; he carried us through the playoffs last year. The third is Mancusco, who has really developed.

Not that Sammy fared any better in their last playoff game against JMU, but didn't Richmond get shut out by a weak Easter Washington team?

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 09:15 AM
UR's offensive line is probably the biggest question mark on offense. I would expect some misdirection and QB options, especially with Jackson in the backfield.

The Pud
August 21st, 2017, 09:17 AM
UR's offensive line is probably the biggest question mark on offense. I would expect some misdirection and QB options, especially with Jackson in the backfield.

fair point. i think this will be an exciting game nonetheless. this game is good for FCS football.

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 09:17 AM
UR's defensive backfield will be more aggressive. It is probably the most experienced part of the defense. The D-line and LB corp are not huge, but they are quick.

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 09:18 AM
fair point. i think this will be an exciting game nonetheless. this game is good for FCS football.
This game is great for FCS. It is great for Richmond and I think it is great for Sam Houston.

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 09:20 AM
Not that Sammy fared any better in their last playoff game against JMU, but didn't Richmond get shut out by a weak Easter Washington team?
The only team that is not upset by their last game is JMU.

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 09:22 AM
Everyone else has no excuse. Until their first loss, JMU fans have the right to talk smack.

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 09:29 AM

Fact

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 01:57 PM
Who or what is a Briscoe? We have heard a lot about him.

URMite
August 21st, 2017, 02:17 PM

Mexican Brisket...

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 02:51 PM
lmao

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 02:55 PM
well, Jeremiah Briscoe was the guy that once built a snowman out of rain.

He is identified by his blood type, AK-47.

Coogkat15
August 21st, 2017, 03:01 PM

Lol. I heard Jeremiah Briscoe once had a cold. It caused the ice age.

BEAR
August 21st, 2017, 03:05 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/nKwAAOSwEK9T3ZHa/s-l300.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 03:10 PM

i've heard that too! But i know for sure evolution has been redefined as a list of creatures he simply allows to live.

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 03:11 PM
Jesus once walked on water, but in the off season, Briscoe swims through land.

The Pud
August 21st, 2017, 03:46 PM

I thought Jeremiah was a Bull Frog

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 03:48 PM
That is one tough dude. Are your expectations of him a little high?

BisonTru
August 21st, 2017, 03:54 PM
That is one tough dude. Are your expectations of him a little high?

Briscoe won't be the best QB on the field on game day.

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 03:57 PM

I have to wonder, given this...

In the off season, Briscoe swims through land.

I think they have reasonable expectations of their guy. He sounds like the Dos Equis guy.

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 04:30 PM
I have to wonder, given this...

I think they have reasonable expectations of their guy. He sounds like the Dos Equis guy.

Look alls im saying is that Briscoe recently revealed his diary, The Guinness Book of World Records. Take from that what you will

caribbeanhen
August 21st, 2017, 04:33 PM
Jesus once walked on water, but in the off season, Briscoe swims through land.

is it because of a biblical flood of Sammy tears

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 05:15 PM
is it because of a biblical flood of Sammy tears

likely

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 05:16 PM
This begs the question. Is this just talk or is Briscoe that good? He obviously struggled against JMU.

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 05:37 PM
This begs the question. Is this just talk or is Briscoe that good? He obviously struggled against JMU.

Talk? Ask MC Hammer about it. He found out the hard way that Jeremiah Briscoe can indeed "Touch This".

In all honesty, in 1 season and 3 games as a starter, he's played lots of bad teams, some good teams and a couple of elite teams. He's dominated the bad and good teams. The games vs the elite teams have been utter disasters across the board. No one on the team looked good. So he's good, yes, but how good apparently depends on how good Richmond ends up being.

Serpentor
August 21st, 2017, 06:03 PM

You're just an ugly person all over this website, ain'cha?

BisonTru
August 21st, 2017, 06:29 PM
You're just an ugly person all over this website, ain'cha?

I tend to easily offend people with opinions like "Lauletta is a better QB than Briscoe." Sorry, not sorry. That's my NHO.

jmufan999
August 21st, 2017, 07:13 PM
I tend to easily offend people with opinions like "Lauletta is a better QB than Briscoe." Sorry, not sorry. That's my NHO.

i'm with you as long as we're talking about college QBs. Briscoe seems to have the eye of NFL scouts so they must see something. i'd be surprised if Lauletta gets drafted. but as a college QB, Lauletta is better. mobility is night and day. Lauletta runs like a deer, Briscoe runs like Tom Brady. running isn't everything, but that's an enormous difference in ability. Lauletta is a true athlete, Briscoe is a passer, if that makes sense. Steve Young / Tom Brady (in terms of style, not talent).

it's not just running plays, either. he can throw off the run as well. it's a big factor, we'll see if the new staff has figured out how to use him.

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 07:41 PM

I don't necessarily disagree. In today's offenses, and shsu's specifically, a QB that can run and throw equally is the heart of the offense. Imho that's the struggle Keeler has had in his time here. He started out with a QB that could run and not throw, he cashed him in for a qb that could pass and not run. And in both cases the offense was too one dimensional to be effective vs the elite defenses.

The ? will be on 8/27 is whether or not Richmond is Good or Elite.

That's the beauty part of FCS football, you will always find the answer sooner or later

caribbeanhen
August 21st, 2017, 07:57 PM

We're you one of the many Bison fans that didn't know the Schor last year.....

BisonTru
August 21st, 2017, 08:05 PM
I don't necessarily disagree. In today's offenses, and shsu's specifically, a QB that can run and throw equally is the heart of the offense. Imho that's the struggle Keeler has had in his time here. He started out with a QB that could run and not throw, he cashed him in for a qb that could pass and not run. And in both cases the offense was too one dimensional to be effective vs the elite defenses.

The ? will be on 8/27 is whether or not Richmond is Good or Elite.

That's the beauty part of FCS football, you will always find the answer sooner or later

JMNHO, if you have a quarterback that can run but can't throw you have a running back. If you have a quarterback that can throw but can't run you have a pocket passer. If you have a dual threat that's awesome, but you have to play your best quarterback.

Briscoe and Lauletta are both pocket passers. BTW, I like Lauletta a lot. It's not me disrespecting Briscoe. He's good in his own right.

BisonTru
August 21st, 2017, 08:07 PM
We're you one of the many Bison fans that didn't know the Schor last year.....

He was good, but didn't amaze me. I was very complimentary of Khalid Abdullah. He was a difference maker in that game. So was the LB Steele.

caribbeanhen
August 21st, 2017, 08:22 PM
He was good, but didn't amaze me. I was very complimentary of Khalid Abdullah. He was a difference maker in that game. So was the LB Steele.

but how many visiting QB's have performed like he did in the Tindome in a playoff game..... he just wins....good football head on his shoulders and the best thing going for him is maybe no one is amazed....

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 08:43 PM
JMNHO, if you have a quarterback that can run but can't throw you have a running back. If you have a quarterback that can throw but can't run you have a pocket passer. If you have a dual threat that's awesome, but you have to play your best quarterback.

Briscoe and Lauletta are both pocket passers. BTW, I like Lauletta a lot. It's not me disrespecting Briscoe. He's good in his own right.

Agree on all points. I think we said the same thing. This offense has had to adapt twice to a QB not suited to it. If i'm building an offense from scratch, i'm going with Lauletta. On 8/27 tho? I'll take Briscoe, due to sheer number of weapons around him.

Winston
August 21st, 2017, 09:39 PM
Yes, Schor is a special player and Houston is a great coach.

SpiderJPO
August 21st, 2017, 09:51 PM
Richmond will have as talented of a group of players at the skilled positions as anyone in FCS. Three running backs on the depth chart that are each dangerous. Thompson was third string as RS freshman last year until other two backs were lost by mid-season to ACL surgeries. He ends up freshman All-American and 1000 yards. Top receiver graduated and in Cowboy's camp leading team in receptions to this point. Returning WRs go about six deep. TEs are solid. OL will have two new starters which may cause some growing pains. This group should put up good numbers and plenty of points. The question will be the defense and how the personnel adapt to a new system. Special teams have been average at best in recent years but PK is extremely accurate and an All American. Should be a great game.

BisonTru
August 21st, 2017, 09:52 PM
but how many visiting QB's have performed like he did in the Tindome in a playoff game..... he just wins....good football head on his shoulders and the best thing going for him is maybe no one is amazed....

Every quarterback I have seen in the always comfortable fargodome has had a head on his shoulders. I'm not sure what to look for in a good head and a bad head, but they all had heads. xlolx

As far as just winning. I've seen a lot of winning. I don't judge individual talent based on the final score. Schor is a good FCS quarterback. I'd still rather have Lauletta, Gubrud, or Christian.

caribbeanhen
August 21st, 2017, 09:55 PM
Every quarterback I have seen in the always comfortable fargodome has had a head on his shoulders. I'm not sure what to look for in a good head and a bad head, but they all had heads. xlolx

As far as just winning. I've seen a lot of winning. I don't judge individual talent based on the final score. Schor is a good FCS quarterback. I'd still rather have Lauletta, Gubrud, or Christian.

this explains it

milleniumkat
August 22nd, 2017, 02:23 AM
this explains it

muuuahahah. that's the problem, no consistent head.

milleniumkat
August 22nd, 2017, 05:36 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/39b16fddcd0447b0698138357b72d498.jpg

So much for the heat advantage. lmao.

The team that can grind it out wins.

Sammy94
August 22nd, 2017, 08:05 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/39b16fddcd0447b0698138357b72d498.jpg

So much for the heat advantage. lmao.

The team that can grind it out wins.

You know as well as I do, this forecast will change 5 more times before Sunday.

TheRevSFA
August 22nd, 2017, 08:30 AM
You know as well as I do, this forecast will change 5 more times before Sunday.

The fun of potential tropical storms

DirtyDukes
August 22nd, 2017, 09:20 AM

13-44 143 Yds 0 TDs 2 INTS

The Pud
August 22nd, 2017, 11:05 AM
https://www.facebook.com/southlandsports/videos/10155579691055750/

FOOTBALL: Sam Houston's K.C. Keeler and Richmond's Russ Huesman discuss the season opener on this week's media teleconference. The Bearkats host the Spiders at 6 pm CDT Sunday on ESPNU (https://www.facebook.com/ESPNU/).

milleniumkat
August 22nd, 2017, 11:15 AM
I think we should just schedule early OOC games on the road. Every time we try to make a good TV event it rains. Just travel and we may get more OOC takers

Sammy94
August 22nd, 2017, 11:39 AM
13-44 143 Yds 0 TDs 2 INTS

Since we are discussing one game out of many..... 25-33, 438 YDS, 7 TD

Winston
August 22nd, 2017, 11:57 AM
These are two obviously different results. What is the secret to containing Briscoe? Alternatively, what has to happen for him to be effective?

The Pud
August 22nd, 2017, 12:01 PM
These are two obviously different results. What is the secret to containing Briscoe? Alternatively, what has to happen for him to be effective?

If JB is healthy he will throw 5 or more TDs passes

If JB is hurt he will throw 0 TD passes

DirtyDukes
August 22nd, 2017, 12:14 PM
Since we are discussing one game out of many..... 25-33, 438 YDS, 7 TD

Who'd you guys play that game? Sarcastic Word? Eastern North Houston Mennonite Community College?

McNeese75
August 22nd, 2017, 12:51 PM

Pass rush that flushes him in less than 3 seconds along with lock down corners.

If you give him time, he will find a receiver.