PDA

View Full Version : GSU Eagle Jayson Foster 2006 highlight video

eaglesrthe1
January 31st, 2007, 12:39 AM
The man positively has jets tied to his feet. Thanks, Joseph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR7gvbo9X-0

Footix
January 31st, 2007, 07:42 AM
He's incredible that's for sure. That highlight gave me chills. The first TD (the bad snap on the FG against Coastal) was even more impressive from other camera angles. He made like four of our guys miss. What amazes me is not so much the amount of straight-ahead or lateral speed that he has but his ability to break tackles. For such a small guy that's really impressive. I'm interested in seeing where he ends up after school. He's probably too small to play WR at the next level, but he wouldn't be out of place in the secondary. Could he make that switch?

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 31st, 2007, 07:47 AM
He's incredible that's for sure. That highlight gave me chills. The first TD (the bad snap on the FG against Coastal) was even more impressive from other camera angles. He made like four of our guys miss. What amazes me is not so much the amount of straight-ahead or lateral speed that he has but his ability to break tackles. For such a small guy that's really impressive. I'm interested in seeing where he ends up after school. He's probably too small to play WR at the next level, but he wouldn't be out of place in the secondary. Could he make that switch?

NBA scouts are more open minded about short prospects than NFL ones. I don't think he has much of a chance to make the pros. Our Jermaine Austin put up impressive numbers and if he was 5'10" or more he'd be in the NFL now.

AppGuy04
January 31st, 2007, 07:51 AM
Foster actually got the ball this year? Coulda fooled mexlolx :smiley_wi

Footix
January 31st, 2007, 07:55 AM
NBA scouts are more open minded about short prospects than NFL ones. I don't think he has much of a chance to make the pros. Our Jermaine Austin put up impressive numbers and if he was 5'10" or more he'd be in the NFL now.

Not even as a corner? Even if he doesn't he'll do some great things. I talked with him after our game this year and he seems like a really bright kid. Seems like he's got a great future in whatever he does.

seantaylor
January 31st, 2007, 02:54 PM
Foster will be in the Pros. He reminds me of a faster, stronger version of Dante Hall.

GaSouthern
January 31st, 2007, 03:41 PM
The man positively has jets tied to his feet. Thanks, Joseph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR7gvbo9X-0

thanks for the shout out! if I knew it would have been so popular I woulda worked alot harder, also, this was my first video ever (with out a MAC)

KJ Eagle
January 31st, 2007, 04:08 PM
Not even as a corner? Even if he doesn't he'll do some great things. I talked with him after our game this year and he seems like a really bright kid. Seems like he's got a great future in whatever he does.

He is the real deal, on and off the field. He took the "demotion" from starting QB to WR with nothing but class and worked his butt of all year. He never once complained and always kept his head. I am looking for many great things from him this year. He has a chance (may be a long shot, though) of ending his career with 1,000 yards in passing, rushing, receiving, punt returns, and kick returns. I'm not sure if anyone has ever done that before. He also had a TD in all five areas as a freshman. There's a thread on TSC that has the totals that he needs this year to make, it. I just can't remember what they are.

Laserlips
January 31st, 2007, 04:53 PM
FWIW:

The best thing about Jayson Foster is not that he is a fantastic athlete..

It is that he is a fantastic person.

Kudos to whoever instilled the qualities and values that Jayson Foster has, and has shown daily at GSU.

No "showboating", no "hotdogging", no "look at me EGO"... Just skill and personality way beyond what you would expect of a young college football player who can change the momentum of a football game any time he gets his hands on the ball......

Our recently "departed" EX-Head Coach was too "ego-driven" to let Jayson play on a regular basis, but our new Head Coach Hatcher is going to turn him loose come football season.

And I can't wait!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

J. Pomeroy

citdog
January 31st, 2007, 05:00 PM
That 6yrd out he caught against us and ran with it for a touchdown was a hell of a play. Too bad this kid chose a second tier SoCon Program to display his talents.:D xlolx

Laserlips
January 31st, 2007, 05:17 PM
That 6yrd out he caught against us and ran with it for a touchdown was a hell of a play. Too bad this kid chose a second tier SoCon Program to display his talents.:D xlolx

citdog:

Ah... The sweet smell of smack..

But, it seems the last time we had this conversation over on the TSU forum about win/loss records between the Chitadel & GSU football it seems you guys wound up being what is referred to as "the 1st place losers".....

But hey.. You did win one game in the "dark era of no talent coach, Brian Van Ego"... We'll see ya again this season with a new head coach Chris Hatcher at the helm..

Let's have this conversation all over again after that game. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

citdog
January 31st, 2007, 05:27 PM
I will enjoy it as long as I can, we have had some blowouts and some heartbreaking losses to y'all over the years but they have always been tough, hard hitting affairs. 2003 was pretty DAMN SWEET though!

Kill'em
January 31st, 2007, 08:34 PM
I will enjoy it as long as I can, we have had some blowouts and some heartbreaking losses to y'all over the years but they have always been tough, hard hitting affairs. 2003 was pretty DAMN SWEET though!
That is for sure. Most of us know that when you play The Citadel, you'd better be ready for four quarters. The Citadel always gives us fits.

By the way, Johnson-Haygood is looking good. It's going to be a first-class facility. When will it be completed?

citdog
January 31st, 2007, 08:43 PM
For the '08 season. BTW it's Johnson Hagood. Hagood was a Citadel Grad and a Confederate General also Gov of SC when Wade Hampton and the RedShirts reclaimed power after reconstruction.

youwouldno
January 31st, 2007, 09:52 PM
His TD run against Furman was pretty impressive. In that game he was basically GSU's only offensive player. He's sort of like what the military calls a "force multiplier," he does his worst damage when GSU has other offensive weapons and the defense can't focus solely on Foster.

citdog1997
February 1st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Jayson is a gods gift!! He is amazing to watch. I am glad this is his last year. It seems that he has been playing for ya'll for 8 years.

UCABEARS75
February 1st, 2007, 10:43 AM
I knew before looking that those two huge plays against us would be on there. He is something special and fun to watch, except when he's taking it to the house against your team.

Kill'em
February 1st, 2007, 07:01 PM
For the '08 season. BTW it's Johnson Hagood. Hagood was a Citadel Grad and a Confederate General also Gov of SC when Wade Hampton and the RedShirts reclaimed power after reconstruction.
Oops! My bad. :o

Spooney-Cat
February 2nd, 2007, 01:31 PM
Man it was fun beating Foster and crew in the 2005 playoffs on our porch. Foster is definitely a gifted athlete, but unless he bulked up last year, I remember him being pretty darn skinny?

GaSouthern
February 2nd, 2007, 02:04 PM
He still is purty dang skinny just reference the video... when will we get another chance at the pussycats? That game still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth; that was the end of GSU football as we knew it.... let's see how '07 goes.

Spooney-Cat
February 2nd, 2007, 03:02 PM
He still is purty dang skinny just reference the video... when will we get another chance at the pussycats? That game still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth; that was the end of GSU football as we knew it.... let's see how '07 goes.

Yes, we definitely have plenty of both down here in beautiful San Marcos! :hurray: Thanks for noticing..

I would love to play GSU again. Don't know when that'll happen.

Kill'em
February 2nd, 2007, 03:03 PM
Man it was fun beating Foster and crew in the 2005 playoffs on our porch. Foster is definitely a gifted athlete, but unless he bulked up last year, I remember him being pretty darn skinny?
Yeah, he is small, but it would be hard to find a tougher guy. He takes some monster hits but always pops right up.