PDA

View Full Version : Princeton lands 4-star QB, snubs SEC, PAC-12

Pard4Life
August 5th, 2017, 06:04 PM
The "has been" Ivy school landed a four-star QB recruit from CA with scholarship offers from Tennessee, Arizona St., Washington, Washington St., and Utah among others.

Has this high-profile of a recruit committed to an FCS in recent memory?

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/209336/brevin-white

PS now Lafayette will only lose by 50 to Princeton, just like the old days

citdog
August 5th, 2017, 11:36 PM
WHO CARES? YOU EITHER PARTICIPATE IN THE PLAYOFFS OR YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE IN D-III WHERE YOU BELONG.

Go Green
August 6th, 2017, 07:34 AM

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2008/01/11/meyers-ivy

The guy came to Princeton football practices for a few weeks, got hurt, and decided to focus exclusively on lacrosse.

https://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?70168-Victor-Egu-to-Yale

The guy ended up being a nice player, but nothing special.

Last year's Ivy MVP (defensive) got precisely one college football offer--from Dartmouth.

Maybe this guy ends up re-writing the Ivy record book. Then again, maybe he doesn't.

ASU33
August 6th, 2017, 07:38 AM
The "has been" Ivy school landed a four-star QB recruit from CA with scholarship offers from Tennessee, Arizona St., Washington, Washington St., and Utah among others.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/209336/brevin-white

PS now Lafayette will only lose by 50 to Princeton, just like the old days

Nice!

youcanbankit
August 6th, 2017, 07:55 AM
From California to New Jersey? He is in for a culture shock and weather shock. Hope he decides to stay and hope he does well.

GodHelpTheBears
August 6th, 2017, 08:58 AM
No interest from Stanford...odd. I wonder what would happen if they started looking at him.

Go...gate
August 6th, 2017, 07:14 PM
No interest from Stanford...odd. I wonder what would happen if they started looking at him.

Princeton is an awfully nice place and the education does not get any better.

Daytripper
August 6th, 2017, 07:34 PM
If he is good enough, the NFL will find him. If not, he's got an Ivy education. Either way, he'll be okay..

GodHelpTheBears
August 6th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Princeton is an awfully nice place and the education does not get any better.

No doubt, it's a great place and I listed Stanford because it's the only university out west with a similar reputation.

I will also note that we don't fully know his background. He may have lived back east at some point, and/or have a personal connection to Princeton.

jmufan999
August 6th, 2017, 08:15 PM
i can't comment on other FCS schools, but i know JMU has never had a 4 star QB straight out of HS. i'm not big into star ratings, but still.... that's a lot of stars. hope they keep him. actually, hope they lose him and he goes to JMU (although we're set at the position).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhioHen
August 7th, 2017, 10:02 AM

The minute he signed with Princeton, his rating dropped to two-star. The recruiting "experts" can't have their top players land in the Ivy League.

Bucs2016
August 7th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Stars stop mattering on Day 1 of camp.

I dont keep track of that stuff much but I know quite a few 3* guys have gone FCS in the Carolinas. I think Citadel got a 3* LB recently. CSUs record breaking RB Darius Hammond was a SC Mr Football final 5 finalist, other 4 went SEC/ACC and we got him. Furman has had several and when App State was FCS they did also.

As for the Ivy schools....grow a pair and join playoffs. Dont worry about it affecting classes for yall, it'll only last 1 week.

Bucs2016
August 7th, 2017, 10:48 AM
The minute he signed with Princeton, his rating dropped to two-star. The recruiting "experts" can't have their top players land in the Ivy League.

Funny how those stars work. Read an article that showed trends of how an Alabama or Ohio State offer causes like 75% of those kids to gain an extra star in the next rating.

Lehigh'98
August 7th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Funny how those stars work. Read an article that showed trends of how an Alabama or Ohio State offer causes like 75% of those kids to gain an extra star in the next rating.

I mean that kind of makes sense though, doesn't it. I'd trust Bama or Ohio St coaches over pretty much anyone else in evaluating high school talent.

Milktruck74
August 7th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Stars stop mattering on Day 1 of camp.

BINGO!!!!!!

Bucs2016
August 7th, 2017, 06:23 PM
I mean that kind of makes sense though, doesn't it. I'd trust Bama or Ohio St coaches over pretty much anyone else in evaluating high school talent.

Yes but they dont just take the highest star guys. They look for guys who are the right fit or need. However, it would also make sense that if Bama/OSU just offered a kid and werent before then he must be improving in games or camps. Or...they may have an academic or discipline issue on their current roster and are hunting a replacement that they otherwise wouldnt have taken.

GodHelpTheBears
August 7th, 2017, 06:30 PM

On the other hand, how many 4/5 star players commit to Texas, and how crappy have they looked recently?

Pard4Life
August 7th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Stars don't matter on Day 1 but it's interesting to see how the 'market' 'prices' these incoming guys.

It's also curious that he had offers from Boise State and Washington... we all know what Petersen did/is doing, so odds are he knows a good QB when he sees one.

But yeah, odd no Stanford (maybe they are set) or Duke.

Go...gate
August 8th, 2017, 12:34 AM
No doubt, it's a great place and I listed Stanford because it's the only university out west with a similar reputation.

I will also note that we don't fully know his background. He may have lived back east at some point, and/or have a personal connection to Princeton.

Very good point.

Lehigh'98
August 8th, 2017, 12:04 PM
On the other hand, how many 4/5 star players commit to Texas, and how crappy have they looked recently?

Texas offer should be an automatic -1 star

Daytripper
August 8th, 2017, 12:08 PM

Those last few Mack Brown recruiting classes were historically bad. One year not one Longhorn got drafted. In his short stay, Charlie Strong recruited well, including two likely first-rounders in the upcoming draft. Tom Herman will benefit greatly from Strong's players. UT might surprise some people this year.