PDA

View Full Version : Predict the 2017 Conference Champion from each league?

ASU33
July 31st, 2017, 03:24 PM
I'm still pondering on mine. What do you guys have?

KPSUL
July 31st, 2017, 05:07 PM
I'll start with the "easy ones".

CAA: JMU - Plenty returning, playing all their toughest conference games at home, almost unbeatable by the end of last season.
Pioneer: San Diego - Way better than their conference competition
Southland: SHSU - Let's just forget about the @ JMU playoff game

Sapper6
July 31st, 2017, 05:14 PM
I'm going with NDSU and SDSU sharing the Valley again. Both finish with a 7-1 mark in conference, NDSU beats SDSU but falls to another valley foe. SDSU wins out other than the loss to NDSU. they both go in to the playoffs seeded and the committee finally puts them on opposite sides of the bracket.

KPSUL
July 31st, 2017, 05:21 PM
I'm going with NDSU and SDSU sharing the Valley again. Both finish with a 7-1 mark in conference, NDSU beats SDSU but falls to another valley foe. SDSU wins out other than the loss to NDSU. they both go in to the playoffs seeded and the committee finally puts them on opposite sides of the bracket.

And everyone in the valley lives happily ever after!

dewey
July 31st, 2017, 05:21 PM
Here are my guesses.

Big Sky = Eastern Washington
MVFC = North Dakota State University
Ohio Valley = Jacksonville State
Southern = Wofford
Southland = Sam Houston State
Patriot = Lehigh
Pioneer = San Diego
Colonial = James Madison
SWAC = Grambling
Mid-Eastern = North Carolina Central
Northeast = Duquesne
Ivy = Harvard
Big South = Charleston Southern

Dewey

POD Knows
July 31st, 2017, 05:50 PM
Here are my guesses.

Southern = Wofford
Patriot = Lehigh
Pioneer = San Diego
Colonial = James Madison
SWAC = Grambling
Northeast = Duquesne
Ivy = Harvard

Dewey

Big Sky = North Dakota
MVFC = South Dakota State University
Southern = Wofford
Patriot = Lehigh
Pioneer = San Diego
Colonial = James Madison
SWAC = Grambling
Northeast = Duquesne
Ivy = Harvard

Book it

Professor Chaos
July 31st, 2017, 06:36 PM
Big Sky = North Dakota
Southern = Wofford
Patriot = Lehigh
Pioneer = San Diego
Colonial = James Madison
SWAC = Grambling
Northeast = Duquesne
Ivy = Harvard

Book it

Can we also book it that UND and SDSU will meet in Frisco? ;)

Lehigh'98
July 31st, 2017, 06:41 PM
Big Sky = North Dakota
Southern = Wofford
Patriot = Lehigh
Pioneer = San Diego
Colonial = James Madison
SWAC = Grambling
Northeast = Duquesne
Ivy = Harvard

Book it

Uh-Oh

JSUSoutherner
July 31st, 2017, 06:44 PM
Here are my guesses.

Southern = Wofford
Patriot = Lehigh
Pioneer = San Diego
Colonial = James Madison
SWAC = Grambling
Northeast = Duquesne
Ivy = Harvard

Dewey

https://media1.giphy.com/media/vCHKWBlygEAtG/giphy.gif

ST_Lawson
July 31st, 2017, 09:31 PM

I know it's supposed to be a down year for you guys, but come on now...who's really going to be able to challenge you guys in the OVC? TN-Martin?....maybe EIU? I could see you guys MAYBE losing one game in the conference...and that's a BIG MAYBE. I say about a 50% chance you go undefeated in the OVC and about a 40% chance you drop one game.

dewey
July 31st, 2017, 09:33 PM

LOL! Did you lose all faith in your guys?

Dewey

POD Knows
July 31st, 2017, 09:50 PM
Can we also book it that UND and SDSU will meet in Frisco? ;)It is a lock, bet the ranch. They will be the 1 and 2 seed, separate brackets, done deal.

JSUSoutherner
July 31st, 2017, 09:59 PM
I know it's supposed to be a down year for you guys, but come on now...who's really going to be able to challenge you guys in the OVC? TN-Martin?....maybe EIU? I could see you guys MAYBE losing one game in the conference...and that's a BIG MAYBE. I say about a 50% chance you go undefeated in the OVC and about a 40% chance you drop one game.

Down year? Says who?

Austin Peay is about to go on a rampage and tear a path of destruction all the way to Frisco. Watch. :D

Thumper 76
July 31st, 2017, 10:53 PM
It is a lock, bet the ranch. They will be the 1 and 2 seed, separate brackets, done deal.

Stop it. It's wayyy to early for you to start these evil schenanigans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JALMOND
August 1st, 2017, 01:18 AM
Should be fun (and a fun year)

Big Sky---North Dakota
Big South---Kennesaw State
CAA---James Madison
Ivy---Penn
MEAC---NC A&T
Mo Valley---ND State
NEC---Duquesne
Ohio Valley---Jacksonville State
Patriot---Fordham
Pioneer---San Diego
SoCon---Wofford
Southland---Sam Houston State
SWAC---Grambling State

citdog
August 1st, 2017, 01:23 AM
If you are not picking The Citadel to go back to back to back you are a fool. This song will echo all the way to Frisco in 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faMZeh_vmVU

RootinFerDukes
August 1st, 2017, 06:21 AM
Down year? Says who?

Austin Peay is about to go on a rampage and tear a path of destruction all the way to Frisco. Watch. :D

I won't even be mad.

ST_Lawson
August 1st, 2017, 09:09 AM
Down year? Says who?

Well, you did actually: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?193895-AGS-Poll-Results-PRESEASON-07-31-2017&p=2503520&viewfull=1#post2503520
Compared to recent success, I'd call #8 a "down year" for you guys. Kinda like last year was a "down year" for NDSU because they didn't even make the championship game. Neither would be a down year for us, since we haven't been that good lately, but for JSU, yea.

Go Peay!

melloware13
August 1st, 2017, 02:02 PM
Down year? Says who?

Austin Peay v Rhode Island in Frisco.

ASU33
August 1st, 2017, 02:09 PM
Big Sky---North Dakota
Big South---Charleston Southern
CAA---James Madison
Ivy---Harvard
MEAC---North Carolina Central
Mo Valley---North Dakota State
NEC---Duquesne
Ohio Valley---Jacksonville State
Patriot---Lehigh
Pioneer---San Diego
SoCon---The Citadel

BisonTru
August 1st, 2017, 02:20 PM
Big Sky - Eastern Washington
Big South - Charleston Southern
CAA - Richmond
IVY - Princeton
MEAC - NC A&T
MVFC - South Dakota St
Northeast - StFU
Ohio Valley - Jacksonville St
Patriot - Fordham
Pioneer - San Diego
Southern - Wofford
Southland - Central Arkansas
SWAC - Grambling

JSUSoutherner
August 1st, 2017, 02:26 PM
Well, you did actually: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?193895-AGS-Poll-Results-PRESEASON-07-31-2017&p=2503520&viewfull=1#post2503520
Compared to recent success, I'd call #8 a "down year" for you guys. Kinda like last year was a "down year" for NDSU because they didn't even make the championship game. Neither would be a down year for us, since we haven't been that good lately, but for JSU, yea.

Go Peay!

Whether this year is a down year is TBD.

Next year, however, ooof.... that one might be rough.

BEAR
August 1st, 2017, 03:17 PM
CAA - Richmond
IVY - Princeton
MEAC - NC A&T
MVFC - South Dakota St
Northeast - StFU
Patriot - Fordham
Pioneer - San Diego
Southern - Wofford
Southland - Central Arkansas
SWAC - Grambling

While I like your enthusiasm. Past Richmond (OOC) or UCA, Sam has no other real competition from the other teams in the SLC. Now they do slip up most years with a WTF loss but even that would require UCA to run the table on the SLC with only a loss to Sammy. I'm pretty sure a heavy rain storm will kill my dreams in conference though...xlolx

BisonTru
August 1st, 2017, 03:20 PM
While I like your enthusiasm. Past Richmond (OOC) or UCA, Sam has no other real competition from the other teams in the SLC. Now they do slip up most years with a WTF loss but even that would require UCA to run the table on the SLC with only a loss to Sammy. I'm pretty sure a heavy rain storm will kill my dreams in conference though...xlolx

You guys get them at home. You both SHOULD run through the rest of (no offense) your patti cake conference.

Plus the Sammy fans as usual have their heads blown up like blimps. Won't be long before a brigade more come from Katfans to right us of our opinions.

ElCid
August 1st, 2017, 03:59 PM
CAA - James Madison
Ivy - Princeton
MEAC - NC A&T
MVFC - North Dakota St
Northeast - Saint Francis
Patriot - Lehigh
Pioneer - San Diego
Southern - Samford
Southland - Sam Houston St
SWAC - Grambling

As much as I hate predicting against my Bulldogs for a threepeat in the SOCON, I think Samford is ready after a few years of underachieving. They were seriously under recognized in the poll.

SU DOG
August 1st, 2017, 04:15 PM
CAA - James Madison
Ivy - Princeton
MEAC - NC A&T
MVFC - North Dakota St
Northeast - Saint Francis
Patriot - Lehigh
Pioneer - San Diego
Southern - Samford
Southland - Sam Houston St
SWAC - Grambling

As much as I hate predicting against my Bulldogs for a threepeat in the SOCON, I think Samford is ready after a few years of underachieving. They were seriously under recognized in the poll.

Whoa! ElCid, I likes yo style. xbowx Hard for me to imagine Wofford not being everyone's pick this year, however.

ElCid
August 1st, 2017, 05:06 PM
Whoa! ElCid, I likes yo style. xbowx Hard for me to imagine Wofford not being everyone's pick this year, however.

Hah. The only reason I didn't predict them is because they are the favorites. Historically bad juju for Wofford when they are the favorites. If you guys had any sort of running game, you would have done better and gone further. You win at least 2 more games and maybe three last year. For sure you beat us if you had just been able to get a first down late.

BucBisonAtLarge
August 2nd, 2017, 10:49 AM
Big Sky - North Dakota
Big South - Kennesaw State
CAA - JMU
IVY - Princeton
MEAC - NC A&T
MVFC - North Dakota St
Northeast - Duquesne
Patriot - Lehigh
Pioneer - San Diego
Southern - Wofford
Southland - Sam Houston State
SWAC - Grambling

I think the unbalanced BSC schedule favors UND almost prohibitively. They would have to truly screw the pooch.
Picking the NEC is tough. Duquesne reportedly has some transfer talent.
I picked Kennesaw on a hunch. Pre-season allows for some of that-- it is all spitballing.

jmufan999
August 2nd, 2017, 08:15 PM
honestly, i don't know enough about all the conferences. if i had to pick one lead pipe lock, it would have to be SHSU. there was only one remotely competitive team with them last year, and they got absolutely trounced. they dominated both sides of the all-conference teams. no chance that changes this year.

the next most likely.... Jax St? i don't care who they lost. they're always at or right near the top. i do like Wofford a lot but i'm not willing to make bold predictions there as they have some tough competition.

my #3 most likely would probably be EWU. only saw one UND game but i was thoroughly and completely unimpressed.

JSUSoutherner
August 2nd, 2017, 08:29 PM
honestly, i don't know enough about all the conferences. if i had to pick one lead pipe lock, it would have to be SHSU. there was only one remotely competitive team with them last year, and they got absolutely trounced. they dominated both sides of the all-conference teams. no chance that changes this year.

the next most likely.... Jax St? i don't care who they lost. they're always at or right near the top. i do like Wofford a lot but i'm not willing to make bold predictions there as they have some tough competition.

my #3 most likely would probably be EWU. only saw one UND game but i was thoroughly and completely unimpressed.

Idk. Sam and UCA both have what it takes to run the table in the Southland. All UCA has to do is beat Sammy. However, with us we could lose two conference games and still bring home the bacon because no one else in the OVC is winning 7+ games.

jmufan999
August 2nd, 2017, 08:33 PM
Idk. Sam and UCA both have what it takes to run the table in the Southland. All UCA has to do is beat Sammy. However, with us we could lose two conference games and still bring home the bacon because no one else in the OVC is winning 7+ games.

you know, you make a good point. i remembered the blowout win but i just checked the stats and UCA was -5 in TO differential. wow. maybe if they can turn that around, perhaps (gasp) win the turnover margin, they can win at home? oh, and they had 11 penalties for nearly 100 yards! were they sleep deprived or something? that is SLOPPY.

also appreciate the non-sandbagging nature of your post about JSU. rep points given.

F'N Hawks
August 2nd, 2017, 08:37 PM
Big Sky - North Dakota
Big South - Kennesaw State
CAA - JMU
IVY - Princeton
MEAC - NC A&T
MVFC - North Dakota St
Northeast - Duquesne
Patriot - Lehigh
Pioneer - San Diego
Southern - Wofford
Southland - Sam Houston State
SWAC - Grambling

I think the unbalanced BSC schedule favors UND almost prohibitively. They would have to truly screw the pooch.

Huh?

SFA 93
August 2nd, 2017, 09:11 PM
I don't think SFA will win the conference, but we ain't no cup cake, we are young and have the talent to be dangerous if we can bring it all together at full strength, maybe not the most experienced team in the SLC, but we have just as much talent and not to mention we are deeper than we have ever been.

QB:#12 Foster Sawyer 6-5; 230 (Jr.) TCU Transfer **** #13 QB; #3 (TX)

RB:#25 Juan Day 6-2; 230 (Jr.) Arkansas Transfer *** #40 RB; #3 (AR)

WR:#2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 230 (Jr.) Texas A&M Transfer **** #11 WR; #9 (TX)
WR:#9 Trae Hart 5-11; 175 (Sr.) Purdue Transfer (All-SLC) 2nd Team *** #93 ATH

OL:#79 Josh Keith 6-7; 318 (Sr.) JUCO (All-SLC) 2nd Team **
OL:#75 Josiah Hunter 6-4; 310 (Jr.) JUCO
OL:#67 Jaxon Salinas 6-3; 308 (Sr.) Oklahoma State Transfer *** #15 OC
OL:#71 Devonte Jones 6-2; 305 (So.) Baylor Transfer *** #68 OG; #10 (TX)
OL:#76 Cooper Williams 6-4; 305 (R/Fr.) **
TE:#89 Kiki Hill 6-2; 226 (So.) (All-SLC) HM **

WR:#80 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 200 (So.) (All-SLC) HM; All-American (Freshman) ***

K:#36 Storm Ruiz 5-10; 170 (So.) Houston Transfer (ALL SLC) HM

DE:#13 John Franklin 6-4; 284 (Sr.) (All-SLC) 1st Team
DT:#93 Lamont Alexander 6-3; 305 (Jr.)
DE:#94 Demetrion Amie 6-4; 272 (Jr.) TCU Transfer

LB:#49 Terrance Potts 6-2; 215 (Jr.) JUCO
LB:#54 Spencer Choka 6-0; 230 (So.) *** #71 ILB
LB:#50 Ryan Woods 6-1; 220 (Jr.)

S:#33 Alize Ward 5-10; 195 (So.) (All-SLC) HM **
CB:#11 Aaron Foy 5-11; 184 (Sr.) JUCO *** #3 ATH; #24 (TX)
S:#28 Marion Walls 5-10; 196 (Sr.) **
S:#3 Lawrence Ghansah 6-0; 195 (Jr.)
CB:#1 Tarrin Mitchell 5-10; 186 (Jr.) Houston Transfer *** #84 CB

P:#45 Caleb Lewallen 5-10; 190 (Jr.)

The lumberjacks should be competitive in every matchup this season.

And if we do prove to be good this season, then look out in 2018 as we only lose 10 seniors.

JSUSoutherner
August 2nd, 2017, 09:28 PM
you know, you make a good point. i remembered the blowout win but i just checked the stats and UCA was -5 in TO differential. wow. maybe if they can turn that around, perhaps (gasp) win the turnover margin, they can win at home? oh, and they had 11 penalties for nearly 100 yards! were they sleep deprived or something? that is SLOPPY.

also appreciate the non-sandbagging nature of your post about JSU. rep points given.

Not sure it's not sandbagging as much as it is calling out all the other teams in the conference. It's not really about us. We're gonna do what we do. It's all about whether the other teams can take care of their business so if they do beat us they can take the title for themselves.

Beating us does no good if they are going to drop two other games.

Serpentor
August 2nd, 2017, 10:43 PM
You guys get them at home. You both SHOULD run through the rest of (no offense) your patti cake conference.

Plus the Sammy fans as usual have their heads blown up like blimps. Won't be long before a brigade more come from Katfans to right us of our opinions.

You accusing anyone else of being arrogant is pretty funny.

BisonTru
August 2nd, 2017, 10:44 PM
You accusing anyone else of being arrogant is pretty funny.'

I didn't even pick my own team to win the conference.

Serpentor
August 2nd, 2017, 10:56 PM
Big Sky - Idaho State
Big South - Presbyterian
CAA - Rhode Island
IVY - Columbia Lions
MEAC - Delaware State
MVFC - Indiana State
Northeast - Robert Morris
Ohio Valley - Austin Peay
Patriot - Georgetown
Pioneer - Davidson
Southern - Western Carolina
Southland - HBU
SWAC - Mississippi Valley

cx500d
August 2nd, 2017, 11:00 PM
Bizarro world....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjSDZNbOs0

Big Sky - Idaho State
Big South - Presbyterian
CAA - Rhode Island
IVY - Columbia Lions
MEAC - Delaware State
MVFC - Indiana State
Patriot - Georgetown
Pioneer - Davidson
Southland - HBU

ASU33
August 3rd, 2017, 07:26 AM
Big Sky - Idaho State
Big South - Presbyterian
CAA - Rhode Island
IVY - Columbia Lions
MEAC - Delaware State
MVFC - Indiana State
Patriot - Georgetown
Pioneer - Davidson
Southland - HBU

I've heard of going out on a limb, but this is setting up a hammock on said limb.

BEAR
August 3rd, 2017, 07:29 AM

Please don't remind me about Yedidiah..

2nd
08:11
SHSU - Louis, Yedidiah 40 yd pass from Briscoe, Jeremi (Swimberghe, Luc kick ) 3 plays, 43 yards, TOP 0:28

2nd
04:00
SHSU - Louis, Yedidiah 21 yd pass from Briscoe, Jeremi (Swimberghe, Luc kick ) 3 plays, 34 yards, TOP 0:42

3rd
10:24
SHSU - Louis, Yedidiah 46 yd pass from Briscoe, Jeremi (Swimberghe, Luc kick ) 1 plays, 46 yards, TOP 0:10

3rd
03:24
SHSU - Louis, Yedidiah 10 yd pass from Briscoe, Jeremi (Swimberghe, Luc kick ) 1 plays, 10 yards, TOP 0:05

After fumbling the ball twice on the first two drives, that guy alone was our downfall. xlolx Hope he's not coming back! xconfusedx Yikes, he is.

Come to think of it minus the 5 turnovers, we only really had 2 receivers, Desmond Smith and Jatavious Wilson. Glad that's changed this year.

The Pud
August 3rd, 2017, 08:52 AM
Please don't remind me about Yedidiah..

2nd
08:11
SHSU - Louis, Yedidiah 40 yd pass from Briscoe, Jeremi (Swimberghe, Luc kick ) 3 plays, 43 yards, TOP 0:28

2nd
04:00
SHSU - Louis, Yedidiah 21 yd pass from Briscoe, Jeremi (Swimberghe, Luc kick ) 3 plays, 34 yards, TOP 0:42

3rd
10:24
SHSU - Louis, Yedidiah 46 yd pass from Briscoe, Jeremi (Swimberghe, Luc kick ) 1 plays, 46 yards, TOP 0:10

3rd
03:24
SHSU - Louis, Yedidiah 10 yd pass from Briscoe, Jeremi (Swimberghe, Luc kick ) 1 plays, 10 yards, TOP 0:05

After fumbling the ball twice on the first two drives, that guy alone was our downfall. xlolx Hope he's not coming back! xconfusedx Yikes, he is.

Come to think of it minus the 5 turnovers, we only really had 2 receivers, Desmond Smith and Jatavious Wilson. Glad that's changed this year.

This Kat (pun intended) is perhaps the most under-rated WR in FCS.

BEAR
August 3rd, 2017, 10:03 AM
This Kat (pun intended) is perhaps the most under-rated WR in FCS.

Well at 5'8" he's under most things...xlolx

BucBisonAtLarge
August 3rd, 2017, 04:07 PM
Huh?

Oh, should have checked. My bad. Maybe it was last year's I was thinking of... The 2017 UND schedule is plenty of work. I will stick with my pick, in any case. Good luck in Missoula.

F'N Hawks
August 3rd, 2017, 06:08 PM
Oh, should have checked. My bad. Maybe it was last year's I was thinking of... The 2017 UND schedule is plenty of work. I will stick with my pick, in any case. Good luck in Missoula.

Thanks. UND is gonna need it. Got thrashed their a couple times.