PDA

View Full Version : AGS MVFC Preseason Poll

BisonTru
July 27th, 2017, 05:03 PM
It seems that NDSU and SDSU are the consensus top 2. ISUr, YSU, and WIU seam to be the consensus next tier. I've added a poll to vote for either NDSU or SDSU as top pick and also please pick between the others as your pick as top of the next tier (third). Pick two.​

Also you may add your own rankings. I'll try at some point (if I find time) to add them all together. Next week could get busy for me tho.

My personal rankings:
1. South Dakota St
2. North Dakota St
3. Western Illinois
4. Youngstown St
5. Illinois State
6. Northern Iowa
7. South Dakota
8. Missouri State
9. Southern Illinois
10. Indiana State

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 27th, 2017, 06:05 PM
There is a Valley thread already discussing this thoroughly.

BisonTru
July 28th, 2017, 10:57 AM
There is a Valley thread already discussing this thoroughly.

Well, this one has a poll. Maybe ursus can join them if it's a big deal.

The Pud
July 28th, 2017, 01:50 PM
It seems that NDSU and SDSU are the consensus top 2. ISUr, YSU, and WIU seam to be the consensus next tier. I've added a poll to vote for either NDSU or SDSU as top pick and also please pick between the others as your pick as top of the next tier (third). Pick two.​

Also you may add your own rankings. I'll try at some point (if I find time) to add them all together. Next week could get busy for me tho.

My personal rankings:
1. South Dakota St
2. North Dakota St
3. Western Illinois
4. Youngstown St
5. Illinois State
6. Northern Iowa
7. South Dakota
8. Missouri State
9. Southern Illinois
10. Indiana State

This is South Dakota St's year to win the MVC.

Scooter
July 28th, 2017, 07:19 PM
NDSU will win again. Deluca will be the difference vs SDSU.

Thumper 76
July 28th, 2017, 08:29 PM
NDSU will win again. Deluca will be the difference vs SDSU.

Unless SDSU has a 3rd receiving threat emerge and their young corners from last year fix the issues with not getting off the field on 3rd and long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
July 28th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Unless SDSU has a 3rd receiving threat emerge and their young corners from last year fix the issues with not getting off the field on 3rd and long.

oh god I hope you don't have a 3rd.

ST_Lawson
July 28th, 2017, 10:17 PM

Shut up man, you'll jinx it.

citdog
July 28th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Shut up man, you'll jinx it.

There aren't 20 people in the world who know or care that you even play sports.

Thumper 76
July 28th, 2017, 10:48 PM
There aren't 20 people in the world who know or care that you even play sports.

Wtf are you talking about?

Thumper 76
July 28th, 2017, 10:51 PM

Doesn't have to even be all conference caliber. Just a reliable threat to beat 1 on 1s or a good slot receiver.

Personally I expect that Brady Mengarelli will have a big impact on the game this year. Not running, but catching out of the backfield.

TheKingpin28
July 29th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Doesn't have to even be all conference caliber. Just a reliable threat to beat 1 on 1s or a good slot receiver.

Personally I expect that Brady Mengarelli will have a big impact on the game this year. Not running, but catching out of the backfield.

Put DeLuca on him and I give DeLuca the advantage 9/10. Put Planck on him and I give Planck the advantage 6-7/10. Jake will get doubled teamed as well as Dallas and force TC to beat them with his legs or his throwing ability, which we know, significantly dropped off in the 2nd half of the season.

Gil Dobie
July 30th, 2017, 10:50 AM
This is USD's year to move up, put them at #3.

GodHelpTheBears
July 30th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Good poll - I had to think about both decisions for a minute

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Put DeLuca on him and I give DeLuca the advantage 9/10. Put Planck on him and I give Planck the advantage 6-7/10. Jake will get doubled teamed as well as Dallas and force TC to beat them with his legs or his throwing ability, which we know, significantly dropped off in the 2nd half of the season.

Cause TC wasn't able to beat them with his legs before.....

F'N Hawks
July 30th, 2017, 02:19 PM

They are going to double cover TWO guys? That would be something to see. Then, see if SDSU sets a rushing record in that game.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Cause TC wasn't able to beat them with his legs before.....

Anyone can win 1 and get lucky. xthumbsupx

When SDSU won, there was no DeLuca and that alone helped your offense to generate some big gains. Breaking in a new defense also did not help. Not saying that he did not have a solid game, but taking out DeLuca prevented the Bison from being unable to spy him which significantly hurt. When your Butkus watch list LB goes down, who is a Captain both on and off the field, that does not help in any way, shape, or form.

Are we doing another case bet on this game?

cx500d
July 30th, 2017, 02:27 PM
They are going to double cover TWO guys? That would be something to see. Then, see if SDSU sets a rushing record in that game.
In their last second 19-17 win over us last year, they put up 523 yds of of offense vs our measly 304 yds, so its not like they don't know how to pepper our defense. I was amazed we kept the game close.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 02:29 PM

They would still have 6 for everyone else. I am not saying they will do that, but Dempsey having a full year at FS will help take the pressure of the corners and having Tanguay back will generate serious pressure by forcing teams to double team him as well as Menard. Throw in Jones and Morgan and there is no way they can block 5 guys for those 4. So yeah, I am saying there is a good chance they double team both of those guys and force SDSU to beat NDSU with Mangarelli (I think that is how he spells it) and TC on the ground. Not saying it can't happen, but the Marker belongs back in its' proper home.

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Anyone can win 1 and get lucky. xthumbsupx

When SDSU won, there was no DeLuca and that alone helped your offense to generate some big gains. Breaking in a new defense also did not help. Not saying that he did not have a solid game, but taking out DeLuca prevented the Bison from being unable to spy him which significantly hurt. When your Butkus watch list LB goes down, who is a Captain both on and off the field, that does not help in any way, shape, or form.

Are we doing another case bet on this game?

Yes, but your argument is wrong since your initial argument was against Mengarelli having a big game because Plank or DeLuca could cover him. Great. Then the other one will be involved in covering Goedert. So how is he going to spy TC? He sure will make a difference no doubt. And saying he had a "solid" game is laughable. He shredded the NDSU defense. Now, is it possible that the game will be more like the playoff game was? Sure. That will depend more on the defense getting off the field on 3rd down than anything.

It's laughable that many bison fans (and your radio show guys) think that since SDSU went 1-1 in Fargo somehow because the last game was a bison win that NDSU is head and shoulders above SDSU. Yep the last game wasn't close. But physically the first game wasn't close either. SDSU stalled like 4 ones in the red zone and had a td robbed from them by the refs and the shopping malls camper angles. This year should be one hell of a game.

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 03:22 PM

Somehow he thinks they have enough guys to double two players PLUS spy the qb.....it's science xlolx

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Yes, but your argument is wrong since your initial argument was against Mengarelli having a big game because Plank or DeLuca could cover him. Great. Then the other one will be involved in covering Goedert. So how is he going to spy TC? He sure will make a difference no doubt. And saying he had a "solid" game is laughable. He shredded the NDSU defense. Now, is it possible that the game will be more like the playoff game was? Sure. That will depend more on the defense getting off the field on 3rd down than anything.

It's laughable that many bison fans (and your radio show guys) think that since SDSU went 1-1 in Fargo somehow because the last game was a bison win that NDSU is head and shoulders above SDSU. Yep the last game wasn't close. But physically the first game wasn't close either. SDSU stalled like 4 ones in the red zone and had a td robbed from them by the refs and the shopping malls camper angles. This year should be one hell of a game.

I do not know who would deny that NDSU did not get lucky to not get blown out of the water, but give me this Bison D vs SDSU O, and I will take this D 10/10. I feel like it is going to be the 2014 playoff game all over again. You forget that Tanguay will also be healthy, so good luck trying to run on Menard, Jones, Morgan, and Tanguay. I mean that honestly. That front 4 alone would make most coaches squeal if they could have that.

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 03:46 PM
I do not know who would deny that NDSU did not get lucky to not get blown out of the water, but give me this Bison D vs SDSU O, and I will take this D 10/10. I feel like it is going to be the 2014 playoff game all over again. You forget that Tanguay will also be healthy, so good luck trying to run on Menard, Jones, Morgan, and Tanguay. I mean that honestly. That front 4 alone would make most coaches squeal if they could have that.

You're right. The NDSU defense is basically Jesus and a bunch of mini Ditkas. It's not like SDSU has three Peyton award watch guys on offense, it's entire O line coming back along with a AA center, and a hb who led the conference for most of the year in all purpose yards. They probably won't even cross the 50 xeyerollx

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Somehow he thinks they have enough guys to double two players PLUS spy the qb.....it's science xlolx

I can break it down for you since you are incapable of counting to 11

Cover 2
Jones, Tanguay, Morgan, Menard
Planck, DeLuca, Cox
Wimbush, Dempsey, Grimsley (Stop Run), Allison

Dempsey plus Wimbush on Jake
Allison plus Cox/Planck on Goedert
DeLuca on TC
Grimsley on Mangarelli
Front 4 will require at least 6 to stop TC from getting murdered

So SDSU counters with

Jake, Dallas, Brady, TC, 5 Linemen, and a Blocking TE to protect TC

-------o--------o----
----------o-o-o-----
o---------oooo----o
x-----x--xxxxxx---x
------------x--------
------------x--------

-------------------------------Dempsey----------------------------------Grimsley---------------------

--------------Planck------------------------------DeLuca--------Cox-----------------------------------

Wimbush------------------Menard--------Tanguay--------Morgan-------Jones----------------Allison
Jake----------Dallas-----L Tackle-----Guard-----Center-----Guard----R Tackle--Hart--------Lewis?

-------------------------------------------------------TC-------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------Mangarelli--------------------------------------------

I just showed you how it could work. Now if you don't believe it is possible, that is fine, but now that these guys are seasoned, and Cox is looking like the next great Bison LB, I put mu faith in them.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 03:49 PM
You're right. The NDSU defense is basically Jesus and a bunch of mini Ditkas. It's not like SDSU has three Peyton award watch guys on offense, it's entire O line coming back along with a AA center, and a hb who led the conference for most of the year in all purpose yards. They probably won't even cross the 50 xeyerollx

As usual, we will have to agree to disagree. I am not saying your offense is not there, but if it is anything like the latest playoff game, then be prepared for some serious smackdown, and that was missing 2 of the 3 best players on Defense. But as usual, the game will be a huge turnout with the Dykehouse being what, 50% Bison fans as usual? xlolx

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 03:49 PM
I can break it down for you since you are incapable of counting to 11

Cover 2
Jones, Tanguay, Morgan, Menard
Planck, DeLuca, Cox
Wimbush, Dempsey, Grimsley (Stop Run), Allison

Dempsey plus Wimbush on Jake
Allison plus Cox/Planck on Goedert
DeLuca on TC
Grimsley on Mangarelli
Front 4 will require at least 6 to stop TC from getting murdered

So SDSU counters with

Jake, Dallas, Brady, TC, 5 Linemen, and a Blocking TE to protect TC

-------o--------o----
----------o-o-o-----
o---------oooo----o
x-----x--xxxxxx---x
------------x--------
------------x--------

-------------------------------Dempsey----------------------------------Grimsley---------------------

--------------Planck------------------------------DeLuca--------Cox-----------------------------------

Wimbush------------------Menard--------Tanguay--------Morgan-------Jones----------------Allison
Jake----------Dallas-----L Tackle-----Guard-----Center-----Guard----R Tackle--Hart--------Lewis?

-------------------------------------------------------TC-------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------Mangarelli--------------------------------------------

I just showed you how it could work. Now if you don't believe it is possible, that is fine, but now that these guys are seasoned, and Cox is looking like the next great Bison LB, I put mu faith in them.

*The front 4 will require 6 to block according to you*

You do know SDSU is going have a hell of an offensive line right? And that not every NDSU defensive player is a Buchanan Award winner?

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 03:53 PM
As usual, we will have to agree to disagree. I am not saying your offense is not there, but if it is anything like the latest playoff game, then be prepared for some serious smackdown, and that was missing 2 of the 3 best players on Defense. But as usual, the game will be a huge turnout with the Dykehouse being what, 50% Bison fans as usual? xlolx

xlolx Classic Bison arrogance. Per usual. There might not even be any tickets for the Marker game that make it to Aug 1 for public sale after season ticket holders are done buying tickets for friends and family.

And if the the game is anything like the first game SDSU could win by 30. What's your point? Bison fans have a massive erection about winning the last game AT HOME lest year. Congrats. It was when it mattered. That part doesn't matter when discussing this year matchup. Could SDSU get run this year? Sure. So could NDSU.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 04:09 PM
*The front 4 will require 6 to block according to you*

You do know SDSU is going have a hell of an offensive line right? And that not every NDSU defensive player is a Buchanan Award winner?

I am not saying that, but I choose history and stats over SDSU getting 1 win in what, the last 10 match-ups?

xlolx Classic Bison arrogance. Per usual. There might not even be any tickets for the Marker game that make it to Aug 1 for public sale after season ticket holders are done buying tickets for friends and family.

And if the the game is anything like the first game SDSU could win by 30. What's your point? Bison fans have a massive erection about winning the last game AT HOME lest year. Congrats. It was when it mattered. That part doesn't matter when discussing this year matchup. Could SDSU get run this year? Sure. So could NDSU.

It is not arrogant when the only way CAS would sell out is when the Bison would show up. I have already said what I think will happen, it will be a lot like the 2014 playoff game, but I said it once and I will say it again, I choose history and stats and that favors the Bison.

cx500d
July 30th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Not everyone has that confidence. I sure don't.

BigGoosie13
July 30th, 2017, 04:23 PM
It is not arrogant when the only way CAS would sell out is when the Bison would show up. I have already said what I think will happen, it will be a lot like the 2014 playoff game, but I said it once and I will say it again, I choose history and stats and that favors the Bison.

Meh, SDSU already had a high attendance last year of 17,700 and another one just under 17,000 (note neither game included the Yotes or Bison). Hobo Day will be a sellout (though there will be empty seats in the UNI section) this year along with the Dakota Marker game.

BigGoosie13
July 30th, 2017, 04:28 PM

Let's hope they do, just imagine Lewis, Anderson, Brown or one of the freshmen speedsters with the ball in the open field...uffda, I'm starting to get hard just thinking about it.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 05:02 PM
Meh, SDSU already had a high attendance last year of 17,700 and another one just under 17,000 (note neither game included the Yotes or Bison). Hobo Day will be a sellout (though there will be empty seats in the UNI section) this year along with the Dakota Marker game.

Hobo Day is always a sell out. USeD is well, USeD. Dakota Marker will sell out since SDSU has a reason to believe they can win the trophy now that they have won it and are finally coming into their own after having a team that can compete for the #1 spot. I believe it will be close to a 50/50 split.

I enjoy it when SDSU is good, since it gives me a reason to rip on them more. Thumper knows I am actually pretty easy on them and admit how good they are/can be. But now that you stole something that rightfully belongs in Fargo, I can no longer be nice until it is back in its rightful place.

Professor Chaos
July 30th, 2017, 05:50 PM
There might not even be any tickets for the Marker game that make it to Aug 1 for public sale after season ticket holders are done buying tickets for friends and family.
I doubt that's the case considering the "policy" the SDSU ticket office adopted for the Dakota Marker game single game sales only being available to accounts that purchased tickets to home SDSU games last year. That is until 9/18 when they open it up to the general public.

Very USD-esque move there. xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 05:56 PM
I am not saying that, but I choose history and stats over SDSU getting 1 win in what, the last 10 match-ups?

To your first point, 2/3rds of those were in Fargo, and were in years that NDSU were the national champs. Also none of those teams were as good as this team looks like it should be.

Your second part is false as well, and you know it.
A) CAS never officially was sold out since they never stopped selling tickets so it makes a sell out impossible
B) there are plenty of games on record without NDSU being involved
C) color me shocked that a rivalry game has the highest attendance
D) my info is from the ticket office

Of course this is all you being the Classic big mouth pregame per usual, as evidenced by the two cases of beer I won off you last year xcoffeex

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 06:07 PM
To your first point, 2/3rds of those were in Fargo, and were in years that NDSU were the national champs. Also none of those teams were as good as this team looks like it should be.

Your second part is false as well, and you know it.
A) CAS never officially was sold out since they never stopped selling tickets so it makes a sell out impossible
B) there are plenty of games on record without NDSU being involved
C) color me shocked that a rivalry game has the highest attendance
D) my info is from the ticket office

Of course this is all you being the Classic big mouth pregame per usual, as evidenced by the two cases of beer I won off you last year xcoffeex

If I talk a big game, I will always back it up. I got no problem being wrong, but when I am wrong, it is news worthy as it is about as often as SDSU winning conference and/or national titles in football.

I know your attendance and outside of Hobo Day, which I already gave credit to, and USeD, you do not fill the stadium. Hell, we watched a couple of games together at my old house and you and I both know it was not full. You did not have cable and we both saw what the Dykehouse looks like when it is not full.

Austin Sumner, Zenner, Schneider, and Wieneke was slightly better, IMO, than what you have got now. Sumner was a better QB (pocket passer) than TC. I'd argue that you take that 2014 team and put them on the other side, they don't see them until the Championship, unless ISUr did what they did to you in 2014 (yes I know Sumner was injured and Lujan had to play). To each their own, but you and I both know I am fairly objective towards your bunnies, but it will come down to the Bison O vs Bunny D

EDIT: Dallas had a huge break through year and was damn near non-existent in 2014, but I want to see him follow it up. If he does, I do not know how he is NOT TE of the Year in college football. Your offense is straight fire, but I do believe, if both teams are healthy with starters, NDSU will match up well with SDSU.

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 06:17 PM
I doubt that's the case considering the "policy" the SDSU ticket office adopted for the Dakota Marker game single game sales only being available to accounts that purchased tickets to home SDSU games last year. That is until 9/18 when they open it up to the general public.

Very USD-esque move there. xthumbsupx

From what I've heard there aren't a whole lot left right now.

BigGoosie13
July 30th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Hobo Day is always a sell out. USeD is well, USeD. Dakota Marker will sell out since SDSU has a reason to believe they can win the trophy now that they have won it and are finally coming into their own after having a team that can compete for the #1 spot. I believe it will be close to a 50/50 split.

I enjoy it when SDSU is good, since it gives me a reason to rip on them more. Thumper knows I am actually pretty easy on them and admit how good they are/can be. But now that you stole something that rightfully belongs in Fargo, I can no longer be nice until it is back in its rightful place.
SDSU attendance last year (rounded for eases sake)...

Drake: 15,100
Cal Poly: 16,900
Western Illinois: 14,100
Youngstown State: 17,700
Missouri State: 10,800
South Dakota: 15,300

BisonTru
July 30th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Ok I haven't completely caught up yet on this thread.

But KP its PLANK. There is no C.

Professor Chaos
July 30th, 2017, 07:01 PM
From what I've heard there aren't a whole lot left right now.

You may be right but it seems odd that the SDSU ticket office would be trying to freeze out Bison fans when single game tickets go on sale on Tuesday if there were hardly any tickets left for that game.

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 07:09 PM
You may be right but it seems odd that the SDSU ticket office would be trying to freeze out Bison fans when single game tickets go on sale on Tuesday if there were hardly any tickets left for that game.

Actually it makes more sense to do it then. If you had tons of tickets available then it would be mildly pointless to attempt to push off when bison fans can purchase them. In the end you might get some more SDSU fans buying tickets, but there would likely be a bunch of NDSU fans there. However, if you have a smaller amount of tickets left then it makes sense to push off when there's a good chance that your fans could buy the rest up to "keep out" NDSU fans. I'm fairly confident in the info that there isn't a lot of tickets left due to the amount of season ticket holders who have bought extra tickets and were told that there have been a bunch of orders for 40+ tickets and then they put a temporary freeze on selling them to season ticket holders. They wouldn't do that if things were slow, that seems to be a tactic that would be used to make sure they have enough tickets for corporate tickets and time to get everyone's tickets and locations set before the next run. But hell, everyone could be lying their asses off as well to try to motivate people to buy more tickets.

BigGoosie13
July 30th, 2017, 07:10 PM
There isn't many left, the ticket office is delaying the public sale because their has being so many second requests for ticket purchases that they are swamped with allocation and bundling of the tickets. There is now a waiting list for the secondary requests.

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 07:13 PM
If I talk a big game, I will always back it up. I got no problem being wrong, but when I am wrong, it is news worthy as it is about as often as SDSU winning conference and/or national titles in football.

I know your attendance and outside of Hobo Day, which I already gave credit to, and USeD, you do not fill the stadium. Hell, we watched a couple of games together at my old house and you and I both know it was not full. You did not have cable and we both saw what the Dykehouse looks like when it is not full.

Austin Sumner, Zenner, Schneider, and Wieneke was slightly better, IMO, than what you have got now. Sumner was a better QB (pocket passer) than TC. I'd argue that you take that 2014 team and put them on the other side, they don't see them until the Championship, unless ISUr did what they did to you in 2014 (yes I know Sumner was injured and Lujan had to play). To each their own, but you and I both know I am fairly objective towards your bunnies, but it will come down to the Bison O vs Bunny D

EDIT: Dallas had a huge break through year and was damn near non-existent in 2014, but I want to see him follow it up. If he does, I do not know how he is NOT TE of the Year in college football. Your offense is straight fire, but I do believe, if both teams are healthy with starters, NDSU will match up well with SDSU.

Well, you did lose 2/2 bets last year xlolx

Your comments about the stadium being 50:50 NDSU fans is straight trolling and you know it.

GodHelpTheBears
July 30th, 2017, 07:16 PM
SDSU attendance last year (rounded for eases sake)...

Drake: 15,100
Cal Poly: 16,900
Western Illinois: 14,100
Youngstown State: 17,700
Missouri State: 10,800
South Dakota: 15,300

Ha, we're so **** we drive down other team's attendance figures

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2017, 07:16 PM

Your comments about the stadium being 50:50 NDSU fans is straight trolling and you know it.

You are like the clenz of AGS.

Professor Chaos
July 30th, 2017, 07:17 PM
There isn't many left, the ticket office is delaying the public sale because their has being so many second requests for ticket purchases that they are swamped with allocation and bundling of the tickets. There is now a waiting list for the secondary requests.
Yeah... I'm sure that's why. xrolleyesx

Of course they're still offering tickets to anyone who bought tickets to any SDSU home game last year so despite being so swamped they have enough time to differentiate those accounts from accounts that purchased tickets two years ago (or the last time NDSU played there).

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 07:31 PM
You are like the clenz of AGS.

https://media.tenor.com/images/d5a6d94cbaba2f26aeb13ecdb46eaa79/tenor.gif

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 07:33 PM

Well it doesn't help that was the late season game that wasn't Hobo Day or a rivalry game. But no, you're not a real great draw xlolx

GodHelpTheBears
July 30th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Well it doesn't help that was the late season game that wasn't Hobo Day or a rivalry game. But no, you're not a real great draw xlolx

"We have a championship contender. I'm really excited to watch them play! I'll go to every home game except for Missouri State - I mean those guys suck"

Our ultimate fate is to be punted out of the conference because we drag attendance down for the other members xlolx

"Either we kick you out or you compensate the other programs for the money they lost by being forced to schedule you"

BigGoosie13
July 30th, 2017, 08:15 PM

If it makes you feel any better, on the same weekend the year before we hosted #2 Illinois State while ranked #11 and only drew 9,000 fans. Our fans suck, though we are getting better about it, when the calendar flips to November.

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 08:30 PM
If it makes you feel any better, on the same weekend the year before we hosted #2 Illinois State while ranked #11 and only drew 9,000 fans. Our fans suck, though we are getting better about it, when the calendar flips to November.

Pretty accurate. It's coming around though.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Ok I haven't completely caught up yet on this thread.

But KP its PLANK. There is no C.

My bad.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 08:33 PM

I did pay up though, which does say a lot. I lost 2 out of 2, which ironically is same amount of hardware in the SDSU trophy case.

At least you bite, unlike others. xnodx

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 08:39 PM
I did pay up though, which does say a lot. I lost 2 out of 2, which ironically is same amount of hardware in the SDSU trophy case.

At least you bite, unlike others. xnodx

Meh, it's a slow Sunday.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Meh, it's a slow Sunday.

Well if you would move down here, it would always be bumping.

GodHelpTheBears
July 30th, 2017, 09:03 PM

We all deal with it. Our excuses are having teams far out of contention and deer season, because why get drunk in a parking lot with Springfield police around when you can get drunk in a tree stand, in a rural county with a loaded firearm?

We are usually lucky to get an announced 5,000 on those days ourselves. I'd be surprised if half of those ticket owners were in the stands.

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Well if you would move down here, it would always be bumping.

I would rather be stuck listening to Friday by Rebecca Black on repeat for all of eternity than live in the damn Cities.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 09:07 PM
I would rather be stuck listening to Friday by Rebecca Black on repeat for all of eternity than live in the damn Cities.

I live in the suburbs. Watch what you say about the SouthWest Suburbs! #sorrynotsorry

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 09:08 PM
I live in the suburbs. Watch what you say about the SouthWest Suburbs!

Same **** different names. Except prolly worse.

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2017, 09:09 PM

Downtown or nothing.

TheKingpin28
July 31st, 2017, 05:35 AM

Downtown or nothing.

Downtown blows. Uptown is where the party is at. Go to Stella's and Williams on the weekends.

BisonTru
July 31st, 2017, 11:46 AM
I still haven't completely caught up with everything in here, but there is no way you can double Weinke and Goehdart and spy Christian. That's taking 5 defenders for two eligibles and the QB. Assuming we rush 4 and Bison fans do NOT like when we rush 3 that would leave 2 defenders for 3 eligibles.

IMO, we need to spy Christian most of the time. Allison needs to have a hell of a game playing man up or at least on Weinke's side in zone. I'd like to see Deluca on Goedhart as much as possible. We won't or can't really double team them both, but they should have help over the top.

BisonTru
July 31st, 2017, 11:49 AM
So using the poll to put together a consensus preseason poll.

1. North Dakota St
2. South Dakota St
3. Illinois St
4. Western Ill
5. Youngstown St
Best Assumptions Below
6-7. South Dakota/UNI
8-9. Southern Ill/Missouri St
10. Indiana St

CappinHard
July 31st, 2017, 01:00 PM
give me this Bison D vs SDSU O, and I will take this D 10/10

My eyes can't roll hard enough.

Thumper 76
July 31st, 2017, 03:15 PM
I still haven't completely caught up with everything in here, but there is no way you can double Weinke and Goehdart and spy Christian. That's taking 5 defenders for two eligibles and the QB. Assuming we rush 4 and Bison fans do NOT like when we rush 3 that would leave 2 defenders for 3 eligibles.

IMO, we need to spy Christian most of the time. Allison needs to have a hell of a game playing man up or at least on Weinke's side in zone. I'd like to see Deluca on Goedhart as much as possible. We won't or can't really double team them both, but they should have help over the top.

That's what I was saying. His entire philosophy for it is that NDSU will be able to rush four and get pressure, despite the fact that O line vs D line will be almost identical to last year. And I vividly remember the angry bison fans griping about not getting pressure and needing to blitz more, which they did the next game. How quickly things have been forgotten.

Kemo
July 31st, 2017, 04:52 PM

Goedert was a redshirt freshman in 2014 and mostly used for blocking.

In 2015, Dallas was the 2nd leading receiver on the team (26 rec/ 484 yards/ 3 TDs) and first team all MVFC all while being technically the backup tight end to the talented, but injury prone Cam Jones (who, for the record, was the team's 3rd leading receiver). Many people, including myself, felt he was under utilized during his sophomore campaign and was poised for a big year in 2016.

Goedert's 2016 was off the charts (92 rec/ 1293 yards/ 11 TDs) , but he was far from non-existent before then and has improved every year he has been playing college football.

If his production falls off, it'll likely be due to injury or the Jacks just merely getting better production from other areas. I think it's highly likely the Jacks' run game will be significantly more productive and might not need to pass the ball as much.