PDA

View Full Version : Princeton recruit makes ESPN.com headline

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 26th, 2017, 10:42 AM
It's a sidebar headline but it's there on the front page. Is he the #193 ranked QB or recruit in general? #193 ranked QB doesn't seem very impressive...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recruiting/story/_/id/20158290/espn-300-qb-brevin-white-commits-princeton-arizona-state-oregon-state-tennessee-utah

Anthony215
July 26th, 2017, 11:53 AM
I think he's #193 overall. Can't imagine the #193 QB in the class getting FBS offers let alone from PAC 12 programs and an SEC school hahahaha. None the less I question since the Ivy League doesn't recognize redshirting if he doesn't see the field as a freshman but starts and does well his sophomore, junior and senior years, its quite possible he could look to transfer as a grad student to another school in the P5 or maybe a G5 school like Houston, Temple, Boise State to improve his NFL Draft stock.

Go...gate
July 26th, 2017, 11:55 AM
He is #193 in the ESPN Top 300 national recruits.

smallcollegefbfan
July 26th, 2017, 12:43 PM
It's a sidebar headline but it's there on the front page. Is he the #193 ranked QB or recruit in general? #193 ranked QB doesn't seem very impressive...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recruiting/story/_/id/20158290/espn-300-qb-brevin-white-commits-princeton-arizona-state-oregon-state-tennessee-utah

Knowing how the recruiting services are I would imagine he will drop from the ESPN300 and end up as a low 4 or high 3 star player. They usually drop players who are rated high early on that don't end up in a P5.

One player I remember a few years ago was Chukwuma Okorafor who was an early commit to Western Michigan. He had a big time senior year in which he was invited to an All-America game and got several SEC offers and about 15 total. He stuck with his WMU commitment and ended up not getting a late bump to 4-star like most expected. They left him as a 3-star but even the recruiting service folks I know said he would likely be the best OL to ever go to the MAC. If you look at draft websites right now he is considered a top 3 senior tackle by some and I know several NFL people have him as a 2nd or 3rd round pick right now. Even the recruiting services knew better but couldn't help it.

Let's see if they keep up the trend or if they drop him to the 250-300 range or out of the top 300 completely if he sticks with Princeton.

The Pud
July 26th, 2017, 12:56 PM

Seems like a quality QB to pick up at the FCS level. Interesting note, seems Sammy picked up the a quality QB this year who is a three-star recruit by Scout.com and is the 67th QB nationally; 11th QB in the state of Texas. Will be interesting to see if you can continue where Sammy's current stud QB leaves off after this season.

RichH2
July 26th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Knowing how the recruiting services are I would imagine he will drop from the ESPN300 and end up as a low 4 or high 3 star player. They usually drop players who are rated high early on that don't end up in a P5.

One player I remember a few years ago was Chukwuma Okorafor who was an early commit to Western Michigan. He had a big time senior year in which he was invited to an All-America game and got several SEC offers and about 15 total. He stuck with his WMU commitment and ended up not getting a late bump to 4-star like most expected. They left him as a 3-star but even the recruiting service folks I know said he would likely be the best OL to ever go to the MAC. If you look at draft websites right now he is considered a top 3 senior tackle by some and I know several NFL people have him as a 2nd or 3rd round pick right now. Even the recruiting services knew better but couldn't help it.

Let's see if they keep up the trend or if they drop him to the 250-300 range or out of the top 300 completely if he sticks with Princeton.
Yup. Seen it both ways at Lehigh. Brad Mayes started out as a 4*. Numerous Mac offers. Day after he signed with LU dropped to 3*. Year earlier LU signed 2 unstarred QBs. Shortly thereafter they both became 2* QBs.

Go Green
July 26th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Not to go all sour grapes here (I'm sure the guy is a great talent), but the last time Princeton got a recruit of this caliber, he left the team after an injury-filled freshman year to focus on lacrosse.

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2008/01/11/meyers-ivy

But maybe this guy re-writes the Ivy record book. We will see.