BigApp
January 29th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Opening with 5 straight road games!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I think they'll be excited for Duquesne

ToreroTime
January 29th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Last time Marist came to San Diego, it was a very competitve game. I am hoping we win by more than 7 this time.

89Hen
January 29th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Last time Marist came to San Diego, it was a very competitve game. I am hoping we win by more than 7 this time.
TT, any USD schedule release yet?

Go...gate
January 29th, 2007, 02:42 PM
If Marist goes 4-0 against the PL, do they get the play-off bid? :smiley_wi

89Hen
January 29th, 2007, 02:44 PM
:eyebrow: And the Ivy should have had it last year going 4-0 against your auto. :eek:

gamesaver22
January 29th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Going on the road for the first 5 games is going to be tough, good luck on the crazy schedule

Redfox97
January 29th, 2007, 03:14 PM
It's nice to see them beef the schedule up. New stadium better schedule, hopefully they will continue to go in the right direction.

boo
January 29th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Hi all,

I assume the 5 road games are due to the stadium replacement. Currently it looks to be on schedule for a mid-July completion, but I guess the schedule was made to provide for delays.

~~Boo

boo
January 29th, 2007, 03:25 PM

There is another thread where it could be agreed that a 4-0 record against the PL might warrant an invite to the league...

~~Boo

nlwwln
January 29th, 2007, 07:52 PM
pretty ambitious schedule for marist. I think it shows that marist is commited to taking its football program to the next level. for a mid major squad they have beaten a few quality teams over the years and produced some pretty good talent. and with a new stadium this team is on the up and up.

Zoo
January 29th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Five away games to kick off the season is insane. xlolx Their home opener will be so late. Good luck to you Marist!

BobbyMo
January 29th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Great schedule for Marist, that is gonna be tough. I wish you guys the best of luck.

Go...gate
January 30th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Same here. Marist is truly stepping up and they deserve credit for doing it.

Model Citizen
January 30th, 2007, 12:14 PM

I trust Josh won't be sick this time.

Pard4Life
January 30th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Can you say 'leaning towards the PL?'

Go...gate
January 30th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Can you say 'leaning towards the PL?'

Yes, but remember that Hofstra tried to do this in the early 1990's and we stupidly blew them off.

Go...gate
January 30th, 2007, 06:47 PM
To our Marist comrades in arms:

Any word on your end about a PL-Marist marriage? The Colgate-Marist ESPN Bracket Buster game looks like another sign of possible nupitals.....

maacfb
January 30th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I havent heard much. though as a Marist Alum I think it would be the best thing the school could do. it would be a stretch for football for a while but if they are committed to funding the program I see no reason we couldnt be successful in football a couple of years down the road.

boo
January 31st, 2007, 08:23 AM
I havent heard much. though as a Marist Alum I think it would be the best thing the school could do. it would be a stretch for football for a while but if they are committed to funding the program I see no reason we couldnt be successful in football a couple of years down the road.

I second that. I think, for Marist, this would be a league that is compatible with the athletic mission of the school. While Marist might not be immediately competitive in football, they certainly would field competitive teams in many of the other sports, including men's and women's basketball, baseball, swimming and diving, crew, and even, possibly lacrosse.

The big question is whether or not the academic profile (which has improved and continues on an upward trend) allows for inclusion. I don't pretend that Marist has the name cachet of Goergetown or Fordham, but I also think that the school has become increasingly a first choice for many top-notch highschoolers in the Northeast. This could be a chance for the PL to pickup a school committed to the same values as other members and that has some momentum. Of course, I'm probably just hopeful for this as an outcome....

The other issue is how Marist admins view this. For a long time, Marist has often viewed itself as a BB school. The MAAC has a strong tradition in mid-major basketball. While I think the MAAC is slipping, does the administration see the same thing? I do believe PL BB is strong, but I'm just one observer.

BTW, 'gate is getting Marist at a good time in BB in the Bracketbusters. We are really struggling.

~~Boo

Pards Rule
January 31st, 2007, 08:31 AM
And they have the honor of playing in the first night game at Lafayette :)

Go...gate
January 31st, 2007, 11:25 AM
It may be that the combo of the '07 FB sked and the Bracket Buster thing is in fact a coincidence, but it also may be that the PL leadership has reasoned out the same issues that we have been debating on this board. Certainly, the issue is hard to ignore without a couple of football games to distract us.