10/27 Georgetown
11/3 @Colgate
11/10 @Bucknell
11/17 Lafayette THE 143RD MEETING

http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/schedules/index.asp

Just added the required footnote..;) :D

TheValleyRaider
January 28th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I'm assuming the VMI game is a return trip for Lehigh's visit in 2005 (quite a wild one, if I remember right)?

ngineer
January 28th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I'm assuming the VMI game is a return trip for Lehigh's visit in 2005 (quite a wild one, if I remember right)?

Correct on the other half of the 'home and home'. Yes, that was a nailbiter at the end, 28-26. Shouldn't have been, but the team was definitely flat after the heartbreaker at Delaware the week before. We got out of town by the skin of our teeth.

Fordham
January 29th, 2007, 08:40 AM
From what I've seen so far, Lehigh & HC have the best skids in the PL right now, with Lafayette also having a strong one but not quite at their level imo. I'd take any of these for our standard skid, although ours is improving over last year.

JohnG
January 29th, 2007, 12:05 PM
11 Games in 11 Weeks. Why does Lehigh never have a mid season bye week? Last year our bye was after only 3 games.

BigApp
January 29th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Just added the required footnote..;) :D

:hurray: :thumbsup: :hurray:

Lafayette71
January 29th, 2007, 12:53 PM
A home opener Nova is real nice way to open up the season for a team with playoff aspirations and a nice showcase for the Patriot League against scholarship competition. Is this the last game currently booked between these schools or are there some dates already scheduled for the next few years?

ngineer
January 29th, 2007, 01:54 PM
A home opener Nova is real nice way to open up the season for a team with playoff aspirations and a nice showcase for the Patriot League against scholarship competition. Is this the last game currently booked between these schools or are there some dates already scheduled for the next few years?

From my information, the 2007 game with Villanova is the third of a six game series that started in 2004, but had to skip 2005 due to conflicts. So, we're set to play them in 2008 (away), 2009 (home) and 2010 (away). There's always been talk of trying to make it a regular 'thing', but that remains to be seen.
I also like the fact it's the opener for both teams. Nova may be feeling their way with a new QB which could help us.

ngineer
January 29th, 2007, 01:57 PM
11 Games in 11 Weeks. Why does Lehigh never have a mid season bye week? Last year our bye was after only 3 games.

You're right, most of our byes are in September, though typically not as early as '07. Just the way things break at times. At times, we've had byes after some 'big' games with Navy, Connecticut, wherein some 'healing up' was hoped for. But I don't really think there's a rhyme or reason.

carney2
January 29th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Very nice. The home game vs. Harvard is on 9/29, Lafayette's Bye week. See ya at Goodman.

Fordham
January 30th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I definitely see Lehigh running the table this year.

ngineer
January 30th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I definitely see Lehigh running the table this year.

Whoa..Villanova, Harvard, Yale, Princeton for the OOC's before we even get to the PL--which, at the moment, I see as a wide open contest with, again, the leaders having significant returning segments, but the usual holes to fill. Plus Bucknell appears on the upswing...Certainly I'd love to run the table, but too many landmines in this schedule. I'll be happy to just get the deal done on November 17 and return to the playoffs.;)

ngineer
January 30th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Very nice. The home game vs. Harvard is on 9/29, Lafayette's Bye week. See ya at Goodman.

Ivytalk drove up from Delaware last year for the game. Maybe you can join us.

ngineer
January 30th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Whoa..Villanova, Harvard, Yale, Princeton for the OOC's before we even get to the PL--which, at the moment, I see as a wide open contest with, again, the leaders having significant returning segments, but the usual holes to fill. Plus Bucknell appears on the upswing...Certainly I'd love to run the table, but too many landmines in this schedule. I'll be happy to just get the deal done on November 17 and return to the playoffs.;)

Now that I've seen the exact same posts on all the other PL schedule posts..I've been had...:thumbsup:

carney2
January 31st, 2007, 10:44 AM
Ivytalk drove up from Delaware last year for the game. Maybe you can join us.

If ya don't mind hanging out with senior members of the loyal opposition, yer on. For the record, I will be a Squawk fan on that day. Goodman is the closest CS (formerly I-AA) stadium to my home.

ngineer
January 31st, 2007, 01:37 PM
If ya don't mind hanging out with senior members of the loyal opposition, yer on. For the record, I will be a Squawk fan on that day. Goodman is the closest CS (formerly I-AA) stadium to my home.

OK--keep in touch about it. Haven't heard from Ivy whether his schedule will allow the trip up this year.

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2007, 09:23 AM
Who do you think will be voted to win the conference this year? Each year since 2002, the winner ends up out of the playoffs...

It seems wide open this year... don't think Lafayette warrants first, too much missing... :hurray:

..Lehigh? They were my first thought but you Hawkers seem to think you will be lacking much..

Fordham
February 1st, 2007, 10:16 AM
Who do you think will be voted to win the conference this year? ...

worthy of its own thread topic imo.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 1st, 2007, 10:18 AM
Who do you think will be voted to win the conference this year? Each year since 2002, the winner ends up out of the playoffs...

It seems wide open this year... don't think Lafayette warrants first, too much missing... :hurray:

..Lehigh? They were my first thought but you Hawkers seem to think you will be lacking much..

Sorry Pard, when you win three straight conference titles, you get the bullseye on your back. That's how it works. xlolx

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2007, 11:24 AM
Sorry Pard, when you win three straight conference titles, you get the bullseye on your back. That's how it works. xlolx

Well we don't really have a QB, RB, more than one WR, half a secondary...

I know we have talent and will fill those holes successfully, but does the rest of the league precieve that to be the case?

carney2
February 1st, 2007, 12:01 PM

worthy of its own thread topic imo.

There's an old (even by my standards) guy in my neighborhood who is a Lehigh grad and is quite knowledgeable about Lehigh and PL football. Over the past few months the fates have placed us in the same place at the same time with increasing frequency. We always talk about this sort of thing. I was thinking about picking his brain and doing a Colgate13-type countdown from 7 thru 1 sometime in the summer. Whaddya think?

Anyway, "without yet giving it a lot of thought," he is picking Lafayette for 2007. In his opinion Tavani has set the PL gold standard with those beasts down in the trenches. Until someone can match him Jumbo for Jumbo the Pards are going to be tough to beat.

LehighFan11
February 1st, 2007, 01:14 PM
9/1 OPEN
9/8 Villanova
9/15 @Princeton
9/22 VMI
9/29 Harvard
10/6 @Fordham
10/13 Yale
10/20 Holy Cross
10/27 Georgetown
11/3 @Colgate
11/10 @Bucknell
11/17 Lafayette

http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/schedules/index.asp

any word on the open date?

cosmo here
February 1st, 2007, 01:46 PM

I-AA/FCS didn't ok the 12th game, so if you get a game on that date, you lose another one.

ngineer
February 1st, 2007, 10:27 PM
There's an old (even by my standards) guy in my neighborhood who is a Lehigh grad and is quite knowledgeable about Lehigh and PL football. Over the past few months the fates have placed us in the same place at the same time with increasing frequency. We always talk about this sort of thing. I was thinking about picking his brain and doing a Colgate13-type countdown from 7 thru 1 sometime in the summer. Whaddya think?

Anyway, "without yet giving it a lot of thought," he is picking Lafayette for 2007. In his opinion Tavani has set the PL gold standard with those beasts down in the trenches. Until someone can match him Jumbo for Jumbo the Pards are going to be tough to beat.

I see a wide open conference this year. Like last year, the 'leaders' were recognized with significant returnees, but holes to fill. Obviously, Colgate didn't fill the holes and LC and LU did to a satisfactory degree. Bucknell and Holy Cross are now entering the legitimate challenger zone. HC's QB is back for a couple more years, too. Bucknell seems to have turned the corner and with a good recruiting class complementing their style, could be a contender. Colgate would be expected to bounce back from an off-season. Fordham with its new coach should have some athleticism, but needs depth. Unfortunately, Georgetown seems to be some ways away, yet. Recruiting depth is important for them, though their defense played very scrappy but is on the field too long. How well LC and LU replace their graduates will determine who gets the lead nod. LU's offense should be very strong. The big Q is on defense with a lot to replace in the starting front seven. A good number of underclassmen played a lot, so there will be some experience coming back. Another year in the new coach's scheme may also help. LC will have a Q a QB which can always be a problem. LC's strength has been the big uglies in the OL and that appears to remain to some degree, though not totally sure how much depth the 'pards had there. Both schools should have strong running games. LU will have more of an established passing game that will be a Q for LC. But, I always say championships are won with defense. Most of LU"s secondary will return, but replacing the front will hold the key.

BigApp
February 1st, 2007, 10:49 PM

no, it appears it's pretty solid!:smiley_wi

Lehigh Football Nation
February 2nd, 2007, 08:42 AM
no, it appears it's pretty solid!:smiley_wi

I heard we were playing Idle that week.

carney2
February 2nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
I heard we were playing Idle that week.

And the early line has Idle by 7.

Sir William
February 2nd, 2007, 11:15 AM
I'd love to see a matchuup between Lembo at Elon against his old team, the Mountainhawks. This would be a good game, although I would predict a Lehigh victory currently, but not for long.