PDA

View Full Version : Toughest place to play in your conference?

ASU33
July 11th, 2017, 01:11 PM
So what's the toughest places to play in your conference?

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 11th, 2017, 01:19 PM
The Patriot League is tough

For a big game I think Lehigh has the best atmosphere and it's really not close imo.

Colgate is easily the toughest place to play the last 4 weeks of the year due to the weather in Hamilton, NY. Otherwise, there's nothing really intimidating about Andy Kerr Stadium.

Bill
July 11th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Patriot League - Fordham.

Don't want to be wandering the streets of the Boogie Down:p

ysubigred
July 11th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Fart and go Dome!

Iridebikes
July 11th, 2017, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=ASU33;2497268]So what's the toughest places to play in your conference?[/QUOT

For this Big Sky guy, you always have to be concerned about Montana. Big, rude crowd is a given. But the altitude at Flagstaff, NAU, screws things up on a couple of fronts:1) its harder to catch a breath, 2) punt, kickoff and field goals are all out of scale. The ball flys forever at that altitude and in a dome.

phoenix3
July 11th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Apparently Rhodes Stadium. We've only won 2 conference games there in 5 years...

carney2
July 11th, 2017, 02:06 PM
The Patriot League is tough

Colgate is easily the toughest place to play the last 4 weeks of the year due to the weather in Hamilton, NY. Otherwise, there's nothing really intimidating about Andy Kerr Stadium.

Also, at Colgate the visiting stands can get very lonely because you can't get to Hamilton, NY from ... anywhere.

ASU33
July 11th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Several schools in The SWAC have great game day atmospheres but the hardest place to go get a win would be Robinson Stadium home of Grambling State. From 1999-2011 Grambling only loss 8 home games. They were a train wreck in 2012 and 2013 but since then they've only lost twice at home(Alabama State 2014, Bethune Cookman 2015). Grambling has some pretty rowdy fans that make Robinson Stadium hell on opponents. The GSU chant right after the team enters the field is electric to say the least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spGPCpYOEHQ

Laker
July 11th, 2017, 02:17 PM
In the NSIC I would say UMD. Two national titles, some long playoff runs, pretty good crowds and atmosphere, and Arctic tundra cold in the post season.

BEAR
July 11th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Estes Stadium. Conway.

1. The field. Slick and purple/gray striped. Ask the conference foes and teams like Illinois State. tough on the eyes and feet.

2. The team. Home record since being full division I in 2010? 32-6. Tough to win there.

3. The size. 9,000 seats. When full the student section is right on top of the visiting team with microphone/speakers blasting. (wish that side would fill up more) xbawlingx

4. The food. Pathetic. $2 hot dogs that are NASTY. Seriously. Nasty. $3 cokes..warm.

5. Visiting locker room. If you wanna call it that. Not really. Sucks.

I could go on and on. Thank goodness for on field success.

Grizalltheway
July 11th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Portland State.

ASU33
July 11th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Estes Stadium. Conway.

1. The field. Slick and purple/gray striped. Ask the conference foes and teams like Illinois State. tough on the eyes and feet.

2. The team. Home record since being full division I in 2010? 32-6. Tough to win there.

3. The size. 9,000 seats. When full the student section is right on top of the visiting team with microphone/speakers blasting. (wish that side would fill up more) xbawlingx

4. The food. Pathetic. $2 hot dogs that are NASTY. Seriously. Nasty. $3 cokes..warm.

Impressive!

BisonTru
July 11th, 2017, 03:06 PM
The UNI-Dome can get pretty loud especially now that the last few matchups against NDSU have been well attended. The Fargodome is the loudest place in the conference, but Montana is the loudest FCS stadium I've seen.

On the flip side, I think our guys kind of seam a little out of their element when we play say Indiana State or WIU and there's very few people there and generally it's about as loud as a golf course.

Sammy94
July 11th, 2017, 03:12 PM
McNeese, unless its playoff season. :D

Bucs2016
July 11th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Depends what time of year. We dont have stadiums that are that loud. Liberty when its full is kinda loud.

Id say in early season its CSU because of the heat and humidity. Its crippling if you arent ready for it. Seen teams from VA and "norther" crumble in some 2nd half games. Late in season Monmouth if its cold. Obviously over the years LU and CCU because they've been so good.

But as far as atmosphere, nowhere really. The early season heat down here is about the only issue.

Since we've played so many SoCon teams Ill say The Citadel in SoCon. Especially early season because just like CSU its very hot and humid. They fire cannons off and the cadets are quite good and harrassing you haha. Not an easy place to win.

JSUSoutherner
July 11th, 2017, 03:31 PM
JSU

37-7 since the renovation in 2010.

Pretty sure our average attendance is double that of the second best team in the conference as well.

ASU33
July 11th, 2017, 03:45 PM
The Reservation down at Alcorn State has been a difficult place to win for teams in the Eastern Division of the SWAC. The haven't lost a divisional game at home since 2014, and they've only lost 4 conference games at home since 2013. Great atmosphere down there in rural Mississippi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbBHMvmy2Ng

ASU33
July 11th, 2017, 03:50 PM
JSU

37-7 since the renovation in 2010.

Pretty sure our average attendance is double that of the second best team in the conference as well.

Not quite double but you have a nice gap between you guys and Tennessee State

In the final NCAA attendance rankings, Jacksonville State was seventh among all FCS teams with a home average of 17,576 (Montana was first at 25,377). Tennessee State finished 14th in attendance at 13,778.

GAD
July 11th, 2017, 03:57 PM
The Reservation down at Alcorn State has been a difficult place to win for teams in the Eastern Division of the SWAC. The haven't lost a divisional game at home since 2014, and they've only lost 4 conference games at home since 2013. Great atmosphere down there in rural Mississippi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbBHMvmy2Ng
Alcorn is always tough for us particularly early in the season when its still hot they like to play during the day, everyone else will play in the evening

BisonFan02
July 11th, 2017, 04:04 PM
NDSU is 134-23 (.854) all time in the Fargodome.

ST_Lawson
July 11th, 2017, 04:10 PM
The UNI-Dome can get pretty loud especially now that the last few matchups against NDSU have been well attended. The Fargodome is the loudest place in the conference, but Montana is the loudest FCS stadium I've seen.

On the flip side, I think our guys kind of seam a little out of their element when we play say Indiana State or WIU and there's very few people there and generally it's about as loud as a golf course.

Yea man...it's the 2 hour long drive from the airport and the eerie silence that really gets to you. ;)

As for our conference...I mean...I think there's no question that the F-dome is one of the toughest places to play, although we've actually done fairly well there outside of maybe one big blowout.

Outside of that, if they could ever fill the place, I could see MSU's Plaster Stadium being pretty tough, mostly from a crowd-noise angle. Good sized stadium, pretty close to the field (no track). It's no Fargodome or Grizzly Stadium, but they could probably bring some serious noise if they had a packed house.

clenz
July 11th, 2017, 04:14 PM

This here.

UNI and NDSU are both over .800 at home. However, it just seems trams struggle (even if they win) at places like WIU, ISUb and MSU.

There's something about stadiums that can hold 15-18k people having like 1,700 there, less atmosphere than a normal practice, etc. that make those places tricky.

ASU33
July 11th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Alcorn is always tough for us particularly early in the season when its still hot they like to play during the day, everyone else will play in the evening

You guys have had a rough time with the Braves over the past few years.

McNeese72
July 11th, 2017, 04:27 PM

We play them there this season on Sept 16 and it is a 6PM game. We played them there once before in 2000.

Doc

McNeese72
July 11th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Portland State.

Do they still play in that old baseball stadium? We played them there in 2004 and the atmosphere there sucked!! Didn't like that place one bit, plus the Cowboys sucked that year.

Doc

McNeese72
July 11th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Coming from a McNeese fan, I say both Huntsville and Conway are equally tough.

Doc

cx500d
July 11th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Coming from a McNeese fan, I say both Huntsville and Conway are equally tough.

Doc

Yeah, its tough on me to go through Huntsville when I drive to Houston also.

Fordham
July 11th, 2017, 04:54 PM
No PL team fills their place or goes crazy enough for it to be intimidating imo. Lehigh and Lafayette hands down the nicest places to play or watch imo.

RichH2
July 11th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Tough call in PL. Mostly pretty even. Lehigh likely the toughest crowd .
One caveat is Colgate in November. Damn they take winter way too seriously up there. :) Brutal more often than not late season.

BisonTru
July 11th, 2017, 04:56 PM
This here.

UNI and NDSU are both over .800 at home. However, it just seems trams struggle (even if they win) at places like WIU, ISUb and MSU.

There's something about stadiums that can hold 15-18k people having like 1,700 there, less atmosphere than a normal practice, etc. that make those places tricky.

Yep, it's that lack of energy. It just seems like teams can come out flat and it takes them a quarter to really get going. Loud noise stadiums can be difficult especially if you aren't prepared for it. Teams generally do much better in the Fargodome the second time threw.

The coolest thing I've seen an opposing team do was Georgia Southern the second trip up here. As you are aware we do our thunderstruck song with the lights off and then the team runs out usually right before the anthem. Usually opposing teams just stay in their locker room or wait to run out shortly after we run out. GS ran out right in the middle of thunderstruck (everyone of course than booed) than they walked half way onto the field and stood their with their arms crossed so when we ran out the first thing they saw was their team standing their waiting.

CFBfan
July 11th, 2017, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;2497269]The Patriot League is tough

For a big game I think Lehigh has the best atmosphere and it's really not close imo.

lehigh is a very nice venue but it is far from the toughest place to play in the PL it's not even close imho

cx500d
July 11th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Yep, it's that lack of energy. It just seems like teams can come out flat and it takes them a quarter to really get going. Loud noise stadiums can be difficult especially if you aren't prepared for it. Teams generally do much better in the Fargodome the second time threw.

The coolest thing I've seen an opposing team do was Georgia Southern the second trip up here. As you are aware we do our thunderstruck song with the lights off and then the team runs out usually right before the anthem. Usually opposing teams just stay in their locker room or wait to run out shortly after we run out. GS ran out right in the middle of thunderstruck (everyone of course than booed) than they walked half way onto the field and stood their with their arms crossed so when we ran out the first thing they saw was their team standing their waiting.

So like for contracts for their coaches, they have no class.

CFBfan
July 11th, 2017, 04:58 PM
One caveat is Colgate in November. Damn they take winter way too seriously up there. :) Brutal more often than not late season.

funny how only lehigh people think that lehigh is the toughest place to play...it's not! it's a nice venue not a tough place to play

McNeese75
July 11th, 2017, 05:13 PM

Sad, but true xbawlingx

GodHelpTheBears
July 11th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Estes Stadium. Conway.

How the hell are we one of the 6?

This rating to me seems pretty academic...any northern MVFC stadium. Pick one.

ASU33
July 11th, 2017, 05:34 PM
This here.

Those Spring game atmospheres are the worst. We usually run into that at Texas Southern and Mississippi Valley.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 11th, 2017, 05:35 PM
NDSU always struggles at WII and MSU.

Ivytalk
July 11th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Definitely Penn. Reasons: azzhole fans, homer refs, artificial turf, crappy parking, and overall bad karma.

UAalum72
July 11th, 2017, 06:02 PM
I've only been to seven of the twelve CAA stadiums, but it seems "toughest place to play" depends more on the players on the field, than on the crowd or atmosphere

BEAR
July 11th, 2017, 06:14 PM
How the hell are we one of the 6?

This rating to me seems pretty academic...any northern MVFC stadium. Pick one.

It helped that you hit a 53 yard field goal with next to no time left because we left too much time (:59 seconds) in the fourth quarter. Still loved that game though. I bet many of those kids at both schools played against each other in high school. Time for a rematch. xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
July 11th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Not quite double but you have a nice gap between you guys and Tennessee State

In the final NCAA attendance rankings, Jacksonville State was seventh among all FCS teams with a home average of 17,576 (Montana was first at 25,377). Tennessee State finished 14th in attendance at 13,778.
I didn't realize TSU got that many at their games.

DFW HOYA
July 11th, 2017, 06:28 PM
If you could put 20,000 fans at Fitton Field, I'd say Holy Cross, but unless Boston College is coming back, that isn't happening.

That said:

1. Colgate
2. Lehigh
3. Fordham
4. Lafayette
5. Holy Cross
6. Bucknell
7. Georgetown

ASU33
July 11th, 2017, 06:36 PM
I didn't realize TSU got that many at their games.

Their average is usually higher, it all depends on who they draw at home. They're usually in the top 12 though.

JSUSoutherner
July 11th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Their average is usually higher, it all depends on who they draw at home. They're usually in the top 12 though.
Too bad they can't play like it. :D

Some competition would be nice.

youcanbankit
July 11th, 2017, 07:02 PM
UTC, cause there is nobody there. Huge stadium, empty uncomfortable seats to far away from the field to be heard.

ASU33
July 11th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Too bad they can't play like it. :D

Some competition would be nice.

When was the last time you guys lost a conference game?

TheValleyRaider
July 11th, 2017, 07:29 PM
No PL team fills their place or goes crazy enough for it to be intimidating imo. Lehigh and Lafayette hands down the nicest places to play or watch imo.

Generally agree with this. Lehigh is probably the toughest only from the standpoint of the team is pretty good. Otherwise there is nothing really intimidating about Goodman.

Without being a homer, I probably would say it's Colgate, given the remoteness and weather.

Bucknell is probably a similar situation minus the weather, so that might be the pick for us. I'd make a comment about Georgetown and the lack of fans, but I don't think any of us can really throw that stone.

cx500d
July 11th, 2017, 07:31 PM
I'd make a comment about Georgetown and the lack of fans, but I don't think any of us can really throw that stone.

Was it lack of fans, or the city park they play in?

JSUSoutherner
July 11th, 2017, 07:32 PM
When was the last time you guys lost a conference game?
2013 I believe.

Coach Grass is undefeated in FCS regular season play.

ASU33
July 11th, 2017, 07:43 PM
2013 I believe.

Coach Grass is undefeated in FCS regular season play.

That's impressive as hell!xbowx

Grizalltheway
July 11th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Do they still play in that old baseball stadium? We played them there in 2004 and the atmosphere there sucked!! Didn't like that place one bit, plus the Cowboys sucked that year.

Doc
I was being facetious. They play in a soccer stadium now, albeit a nice one. And as Jalmond will be happy to tell you, we got our butts kicked in front of dozens of people in an October downpour there in 2015.

FormerPokeCenter
July 11th, 2017, 08:20 PM

Asshole! I wish I had a response to that other than..."yeah, no ****!"...I'm forced to rep you for that one ;)

JSUSoutherner
July 11th, 2017, 08:23 PM
That's impressive as hell!xbowx
I suppose you could say the toughest stadium to play in the the OVC is whichever one Coach Grass happens to be in. :D

JayJ79
July 11th, 2017, 08:40 PM
So like for contracts for their coaches, they have no class.

how is that no class?

ASU33
July 11th, 2017, 08:45 PM
I suppose you could say the toughest stadium to play in the the OVC is whichever one Coach Grass happens to be in. :D

Sounds accurate to me!xnodx

PAllen
July 11th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Hamilton in November.

Of course, it just gets worse come December if they ever get to host some games up there again.

PAllen
July 11th, 2017, 09:04 PM

Actually, most DC city parks have nicer stadiums. I do know from having attended a few games there, it's tough to keep focus as a fan at least, on a visit to the MSF. At least one of those was a close game, but it was hard to stay tuned in the atmosphere was so dull.

cx500d
July 11th, 2017, 09:10 PM
how is that no class?

The way they terminated the contracts for their OC's shows they have no class with dealing with their staff, then this "mockery" in the home teams stadium....

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, most DC city parks have nicer stadiums. I do know from having attended a few games there, it's tough to keep focus as a fan at least, on a visit to the MSF. At least one of those was a close game, but it was hard to stay tuned in the atmosphere was so dull.

I was trying to be nice....

ST_Lawson
July 11th, 2017, 09:12 PM

Technically December, but you're not wrong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU28kzh75xE

cx500d
July 11th, 2017, 09:15 PM

Reminds me of some NDSU games back when we played outside, minus the gale force winds and horizontal snowfall.

JayJ79
July 11th, 2017, 09:24 PM
The way they terminated the contracts for their OC's shows they have no class with dealing with their staff, then this "mockery" in the home teams stadium....
I don't know anything about the coaching staff situation, so you're probably right on that one.
But I'm not understanding how their team entrance was mockery. Did they disrupt the home team entrance?

Schism55
July 11th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Reminds me of some NDSU games back when we played outside, minus the gale force winds and horizontal snowfall.
Lol so true. My brother played on the 88 and 90 title teams, and a couple playoff games during that run my mom and sister were back in the car BEFORE the game started :D

cx500d
July 11th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Lol so true. My brother played on the 88 and 90 title teams, and a couple playoff games during that run my mom and sister were back in the car BEFORE the game started :D

True, I was keeping them warm....

caribbeanhen
July 11th, 2017, 09:46 PM
would have to say Nova, just because of all the gold chains dripping with olive oil and the tipsy priests you have to navigate pre/post game

xpeacex gangtackle

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 11th, 2017, 10:09 PM

Hamilton might be toughest place to play in the Northeast late in the year. The weather there harsher than Orono, ME and Durham, NH due to its proximity to the Great Lakes and how far it is from the ocean to moderate temps. It's just a brutal, brutal place....

This is what I rolled into two years ago up there...

https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12227809_1073065616059202_873029345160006602_n.jpg ?oh=d2071d7851a1ff413f5174ffc3d4ca38&oe=59F9DAAF

BisonFan02
July 11th, 2017, 10:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2E

#bringbackdacotahfield

ST_Lawson
July 11th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Hamilton might be toughest place to play in the Northeast late in the year. The weather there harsher than Orono, ME and Durham, NH due to its proximity to the Great Lakes and how far it is from the ocean to moderate temps. It's just a brutal, brutal place....

This is what I rolled into two years ago up there...

We had a pretty decent blizzard right before a game against SDSU two years ago, but yea, we don't often get quite that much snow that early in the season. Lake effect snow can really dump on you (I've got family in Grand Rapids, MI, so I'm somewhat familiar).

Also, can someone from out that way explain what the hell this means: "The Village of Hamilton is a village located within the town of Hamilton in Madison County, New York" (Source (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_(village),_New_York))

cx500d
July 11th, 2017, 10:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2E

#bringbackdacotahfield

I was at that game.....Snowshoe grog and peppermint scnapps got me through it.

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 11th, 2017, 10:34 PM
I've only been to seven of the twelve CAA stadiums, but it seems "toughest place to play" depends more on the players on the field, than on the crowd or atmosphere

I agree with this. I will give a special nod to The Dungeon at UNH, due to our own lack of success up there.

cx500d
July 11th, 2017, 10:48 PM
I don't know anything about the coaching staff situation, so you're probably right on that one.
But I'm not understanding how their team entrance was mockery. Did they disrupt the home team entrance?
There's a whole thread on it...Former Georgia Southern co-OCs suing the university separately (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?193364-Former-Georgia-Southern-co-OCs-suing-the-university-separately) in Other Sports (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Other-Sports)

TheValleyRaider
July 11th, 2017, 11:42 PM

Still my favorite Colgate game ever xnodx

This plus Owl's shot are just making me miss the place even more. Memories...

TheValleyRaider
July 11th, 2017, 11:51 PM
Also, can someone from out that way explain what the hell this means: "The Village of Hamilton is a village located within the town of Hamilton in Madison County, New York" (Source (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_(village),_New_York))

It's related the funky way New York categorizes different areas. There are alternately many rules, and no rules at all. In short, Hamilton is a town, which administers various villages (official) and hamlets (unofficial). The Village of Hamilton is a separate thing, with its own responsibilities, and is the actual location of the school. This gives a bit of the flavor: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrative_divisions_of_New_York

tigonian02
July 12th, 2017, 12:43 AM
There's a whole thread on it...Former Georgia Southern co-OCs suing the university separately (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?193364-Former-Georgia-Southern-co-OCs-suing-the-university-separately) in Other Sports (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Other-Sports)

Yes, yes....but are you going to answer his question about the entrance?

cx500d
July 12th, 2017, 05:44 AM

Being a dbag in the other teams home stadium usually doesn't work out, as it didn't in this case.

Mattymc727
July 12th, 2017, 06:36 AM
UNH does have a pretty incredible record in Durham, although as others have said, it more a product on the field rather than the atmosphere. Being a plane ride for most always helps.

Orono is tough too, only team that wins there is UNH...

RootinFerDukes
July 12th, 2017, 06:45 AM
All though no caa schools outside of JMU have much in the way of intimidating atmosphere, I suppose UR is the toughest. It's really hard for our players to get up for a football game in such a high school stadium with a high school band (literally in UR's case).

Historically Maine and New Hampshire have been tough due to the longer travel involved. Hopefully Houston won't let that be an excuse like Mickey used to let it be.

CHIP72
July 12th, 2017, 07:04 AM

Georgetown doesn't play in a city park, they play on campus in an area where they squeezed in a football field.

The lack of fans isn't all bad, because parking at Georgetown is a real pain even with the small crowds.

CHIP72
July 12th, 2017, 07:06 AM
Generally agree with this. Lehigh is probably the toughest only from the standpoint of the team is pretty good. Otherwise there is nothing really intimidating about Goodman.

Having the seats so (needlessly) far from the field does cut down on the intimidation factor. Based on the games I've attended at Lehigh (which usually have been non-conference games in September), the crowds are also not large enough to be intimidating.

ST_Lawson
July 12th, 2017, 08:57 AM
It's related the funky way New York categorizes different areas. There are alternately many rules, and no rules at all. In short, Hamilton is a town, which administers various villages (official) and hamlets (unofficial). The Village of Hamilton is a separate thing, with its own responsibilities, and is the actual location of the school. This gives a bit of the flavor: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrative_divisions_of_New_York

Ah, ok. That makes sense. It's kinda like a slightly different version of a "township" (we've got that here in Illinois too...here's the county where WIU and Macomb are (http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/images/archives/mcdonough_lg.gif)). Was a bigger deal 150 or so years ago when it was harder to get around and each township had their own schools and little villages and stuff, but now it pretty much just designates rural fire protection coverage and a seat on the county board.

Evolution Prime
July 12th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Probably the place where we have only won twice ever.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 12th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Having the seats so (needlessly) far from the field does cut down on the intimidation factor. Based on the games I've attended at Lehigh (which usually have been non-conference games in September), the crowds are also not large enough to be intimidating.

There's no intimidating place in the PL anymore. Lehigh had big crowds until the early 00's. I still think the crowds for the Colgate and Fordham last year were very good and lively. But at this point its rather relative. Holy Cross's crowds started dying off a decade earlier.

Colgate is tough because of the weather. It's a shame they can't get more people to their games from the Syracuse and Binghamton area. I know they exist up there.

BadlandsGrizFan
July 12th, 2017, 10:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEkWR-ohG2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2cmAVadiQ4

Lets be real..we all know the correct answer to this question.

Go...gate
July 12th, 2017, 11:05 AM
1962 Lehigh vs. Colgate in the snow at the "Colgate Athletic Field" (now known as Andy Kerr Stadium). The photograph is taken in front of the former visitors' stands, now the site of the Fred H. Dunlap home stands.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25459&stc=1

TheValleyRaider
July 12th, 2017, 11:43 AM
1962 Lehigh vs. Colgate in the snow at the "Colgate Athletic Field" (now known as Andy Kerr Stadium). The photograph is taken in front of the former visitors' stands, now the site of the Fred H. Dunlap home stands.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25459&stc=1

Not much variety among those helmets, is there?

ST_Lawson
July 12th, 2017, 11:56 AM

For everyone in the Big Sky, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichH2
July 12th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Not much variety among those helmets, is there?
I was there. Better to be playing than watching. :)

ASU33
July 12th, 2017, 12:28 PM

I gotta get up there for a game! Amazing atmosphere for college ball.

BadlandsGrizFan
July 12th, 2017, 04:41 PM
For the WORLDDDDD

For everyone in the Big Sky, yes.

BadlandsGrizFan
July 12th, 2017, 04:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFTXKfaCV3UForgot this one..you can really see the entire atmosphere in this.

ST_Lawson
July 12th, 2017, 04:44 PM
For the WORLDDDDD

Yes, but the thread is "toughest place to play in your conference". If it was "toughest place to play in the FCS", I'll give you that one.

BadlandsGrizFan
July 12th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Pregame with tunnel run before the UNI playoff game a couple years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADUz6gDNvjw

- - - Updated - - -

Im just being a smart ass.

lionsrking2
July 13th, 2017, 01:54 AM
Nicholls State for us. Rivalry game and pronounced crown on the field makes it a tough venue. UCA can be tough due to the playing surface is like an ice rink ... both fields are tough to get adjusted to. The others are about the same. Road games are road games. Never easy to win on the road.

Thumper 76
July 13th, 2017, 03:33 AM

The real answer is someone disrupted their pageantry of lights and song and didn't bow before the mighty bison in the shopping mall so it ruffled some feathers. Therefore there will be a certain section of NDSU fans who are eternally butthurt about it. And I mean for all of eternity.

As to the thread, in the MVFC for SDSU the easy answer is of course the Fargomall. However traditionally the UNIdome has been a house of friggin horrors and WIU is a bitch to get to, teams always seem off there. Plus, if a storm makes your teams travel get backed up they will be gracious enough to move the gametime back to basically right when you get off the bus, which is nice.

I would put Brookings up there as a tough as hell place to play though. Especially late in the season. I've seen teams flat out quit in the wind, and the new aluminum bleachers in the Dana get loud as hell.

cx500d
July 13th, 2017, 05:26 AM
The real answer is someone disrupted their pageantry of lights and song and didn't bow before the mighty bison in the shopping mall so it ruffled some feathers. Therefore there will be a certain section of NDSU fans who are eternally butthurt about it. And I mean for all of eternity.

See, even Thumper gets it!

WileECoyote06
July 13th, 2017, 10:15 AM
The toughest places to play are FAMU and A&T. The game I hate playing on the road is Hampton. . cheating asses.

Professor Chaos
July 13th, 2017, 10:21 AM
I've seen teams flat out quit in the wind, and the new aluminum bleachers in the Dana get loud as hell.
You guys should really call it the Dykhouse.... has a much better ring to it.

clenz
July 13th, 2017, 10:54 AM
You guys should really call it the Dykhouse.... has a much better ring to it.
Yeah...but think about all the jokes about pounding the inside of Dana to make Dana get loud....

ASU33
July 13th, 2017, 11:09 AM
The toughest places to play are FAMU and A&T. The game I hate playing on the road is Hampton. . cheating asses.

You guys have to be on that list. The A&T game last year was rocking!

RabidRabbit
July 13th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Probably the place where we have only won twice ever. in 50 years. Even as changed from inside to outside.

Mocs123
July 13th, 2017, 03:22 PM
I would have to say The Citadel. They have pretty good crowds and the cadets make it rowdy even in years when The Citadel isn't as good as they have been the past few years.

OOC for us, it has to be Jacksonville State. I don't think we have won there since the 2007 game. They have a big rowdy crowd right up against the field. We have played a lot of good, close games there but haven't gotten over the hump. I am hoping that changes when we play there again in 2019.

jmufan999
July 13th, 2017, 03:55 PM
UNH has always been tough. from what I understand, it's a pretty decent flight, then a long car ride. and I don't believe they had lights until recently, so games were always at 12PM. we always looked flat, every single time. not taking anything away from them, because they came to play.

UD has the capability of making a huge leap. easily the 2nd biggest stadium in the conference, and attendance could really turn around after a few playoff trips.

Silenoz
July 13th, 2017, 05:38 PM
I was gonna say Idaho State, lest you touch the turf and have your limbs shatter. Perhaps they fixed it.

cx500d
July 13th, 2017, 05:40 PM
I was gonna say Idaho State, lest you touch the turf and have your limbs shatter. Perhaps they fixed it.

He said toughest, not hardest.

BisonFan02
July 13th, 2017, 08:03 PM

As to the thread, in the MVFC for SDSU the easy answer is of course the Fargomall. However traditionally the UNIdome has been a house of friggin horrors and WIU is a bitch to get to, teams always seem off there. Plus, if a storm makes your teams travel get backed up they will be gracious enough to move the gametime back to basically right when you get off the bus, which is nice.

I would put Brookings up there as a tough as hell place to play though. Especially late in the season. I've seen teams flat out quit in the wind, and the new aluminum bleachers in the Dana get loud as hell.

No butthurt here...I thought it was badass. Only team to have the balls to do it so far... Best game I've ever been to in the Fargodome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SwD_mbE3dM

BisonTru
July 13th, 2017, 08:08 PM
No butthurt here...I thought it was badass. Only team to have the balls to do it so far... Best game I've ever been to in the Fargodome.

Thanks for finding the video. My thoughts are the same.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 13th, 2017, 08:26 PM

That was a good one. Walker throwing the game winner against Sammy was pretty good also.

TheValleyRaider
July 13th, 2017, 08:39 PM
I've been thinking about this, and wondering about a slightly different way to approach this question. Is there a team in your conference that seems to play above itself at home? As in, do they seem to win games they shouldn't or regularly play above their talent level when there? Certainly everyone is better at home, but are there teams that are better then perhaps theyshould be? Maybe not even enough to win games, but enough to make a better team's life tough.

Take the Fargodome, for example. Crowd noise and such is all where you would expect, but then again playing in the Fargodome means you're playing NDSU, who wins lots of games elsewhere too. In other words, are teams losing because of the dome, or because they are playing against a team that is probably better than they are?

Something I was thinking about being unsatisfied with simply looking at who has a good home record xtwocentsx

cx500d
July 13th, 2017, 08:44 PM
That was a good one. Walker throwing the game winner against Sammy was pretty good also.

Yeah, Rhett Bomar was a douche....

TennBison
July 13th, 2017, 08:52 PM

​Nothing badass about that !! Here is what happened. The GSU player that was suppose to lead the team out had his shoe laces tied together by a prankster teammate of his. The GSU coach said "watch _______ (insert player name) and we all run when he does". His buddy teammates (who were standing behind him) slaped him on the back a little to hard and the player fell forward. The rest of the team, all seeing his forward motion, thought he was running out and thought they were suppose to go and did. Thus making it look like they intended on spoiling the Bison entrance and sadly stepping all over their fallen buddy. AND NOW YOU KNOW................THE REST OF THE STORY.

KPSUL
July 13th, 2017, 08:55 PM
For UNH the toughest conference place to play is William and Mary, Zable Stadium - hands down, no contest. The senior class of UNH players who last won a game there must all be grandfathers now.

Thundar
July 13th, 2017, 09:19 PM

This cracked me up right here

BisonTru
July 13th, 2017, 10:42 PM
​Nothing badass about that !! Here is what happened. The GSU player that was suppose to lead the team out had his shoe laces tied together by a prankster teammate of his. The GSU coach said "watch _______ (insert player name) and we all run when he does". His buddy teammates (who were standing behind him) slaped him on the back a little to hard and the player fell forward. The rest of the team, all seeing his forward motion, thought he was running out and thought they were suppose to go and did. Thus making it look like they intended on spoiling the Bison entrance and sadly stepping all over their fallen buddy. AND NOW YOU KNOW................THE REST OF THE STORY.

Where did you read this or hear this? I'd pretty damn pissed if one of my teammates whether it was done to me or not pulled that on this big of a game.

PaladinFan
July 14th, 2017, 06:49 AM
I would have to say The Citadel. They have pretty good crowds and the cadets make it rowdy even in years when The Citadel isn't as good as they have been the past few years.

OOC for us, it has to be Jacksonville State. I don't think we have won there since the 2007 game. They have a big rowdy crowd right up against the field. We have played a lot of good, close games there but haven't gotten over the hump. I am hoping that changes when we play there again in 2019.

Though Furman has not been good in a while, historically the nod probably goes to Paladin Stadium.

Current SoCon foes have pretty abysmal records in Greenville. .

Looking at the record book, Wofford has 3 wins in 15 tries. VMI has never won at Paladin Stadium. ETSU only has 1 win in 12 games. UTC, Western, and the Citadel have about twice as many losses as wins.

The only current team with a winning record at Paladin Stadium is Mercer (1-0). Samford is close (3-4), but those two programs entered the league as Furman took a sharp downward turn.

Mocs123
July 14th, 2017, 07:27 AM
I don't disagree with that but Paladin Staduim doesn't seem as mincing as it once did, just as in BB, Chattanooga Roundhouse isn't the advantage it was 20 years ago.

PaladinFan
July 14th, 2017, 08:32 AM
I don't disagree with that but Paladin Staduim doesn't seem as mincing as it once did, just as in BB, Chattanooga Roundhouse isn't the advantage it was 20 years ago.

Absolutely true. The program and fans have dropped into a bit of a malaise with the poor play the last few years.

I noted this on another thread, but I understand Furman's new staff has been showing the team videos of Paladin Stadium over the years packed with fans. That's all ancient history to a lot of the guys in the program now.

underdawg
July 14th, 2017, 08:36 AM
Toughest place to play in MVFC? Probably the domes--UNI and NDSU--but it just could be because the teams were great , not the actual physical location of the venue--Sometimes places like Indiana State, where not many fans show up, are hard to get up for and sometimes places like UNI or NDSU we get up for TOO much and it hurts our performance by being over hyped up for the game

ST_Lawson
July 14th, 2017, 08:36 AM
I've been thinking about this, and wondering about a slightly different way to approach this question. Is there a team in your conference that seems to play above itself at home? As in, do they seem to win games they shouldn't or regularly play above their talent level when there? Certainly everyone is better at home, but are there teams that are better then perhaps theyshould be? Maybe not even enough to win games, but enough to make a better team's life tough.

Take the Fargodome, for example. Crowd noise and such is all where you would expect, but then again playing in the Fargodome means you're playing NDSU, who wins lots of games elsewhere too. In other words, are teams losing because of the dome, or because they are playing against a team that is probably better than they are?

Something I was thinking about being unsatisfied with simply looking at who has a good home record xtwocentsx

That's a good way to approach it. Like you said, the Fargodome is tough, but is it tough because it's the dome and it's loud, or is it all of that because you're playing NDSU...typically a very tough team...and because they've been doing well enough for so long that they always pack the house, so it's always loud. If NDSU wasn't doing well for a few years and attendance dropped off some, would the dome be not quite as loud or intimidating?

I don't know for sure, but from what it sounds like from other people, WIU can be a tough road game. If you're flying, you have to fly into Peoria or maybe the Quad Cities and stay there overnight, since there's no hotels close to Macomb that can handle a football team. Then you drive for 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get to Macomb in the morning before the game, so the players are all tight from sitting on a bus for a couple of hours. I've heard from many opposing fans that Hanson Field and the surrounding part of campus can be pretty nice/scenic, especially in the fall, but I don't think that it's a particularly intimidating place to play for most teams (at least, not in the last ~14 years)...so it's not really the stadium itself, but it's the flight/drive to get there that's the problem.

WileECoyote06
July 14th, 2017, 10:27 AM
You guys have to be on that list. The A&T game last year was rocking!

Showcase game. Our crowd only gets up for a few teams: A&T, FAMU, Howard, and WSSU.

PaladinNation
July 14th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Though Furman has not been good in a while, historically the nod probably goes to Paladin Stadium.

Looking at the record book, Wofford has 3 wins in 15 tries. VMI has never won at Paladin Stadium. ETSU only has 1 win in 12 games. UTC, Western, and the Citadel have about twice as many losses as wins.

The only current team with a winning record at Paladin Stadium is Mercer (1-0). Samford is close (3-4), but those two programs entered the league as Furman took a sharp downward turn.

I think Paladin Stadium is very different at night… when the Dins are good we really seem to play well during night games.

When the Furman basketball team started its turnaround… Timmons went from boring to a circus. Thanks to the students. The same thing needs to happen for football, the student section used to show up and be vocal. I hope we will see that start again.

PaladinFan
July 14th, 2017, 12:29 PM
I think Paladin Stadium is very different at night… when the Dins are good we really seem to play well during night games.

When the Furman basketball team started its turnaround… Timmons went from boring to a circus. Thanks to the students. The same thing needs to happen for football, the student section used to show up and be vocal. I hope we will see that start again.

I've said it a bunch. Win and folks show up. In that order.

There are only a few places in the country where students and fans will show up to watch a crappy team. Furman isn't one of them.

Yote 53
July 14th, 2017, 12:42 PM

South Dakota fits this definition. Always play above themselves in the DakotaDome.

alvin.kmiec
July 14th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Asshole! I wish I had a response to that other than..."yeah, no ****!"...I'm forced to rep you for that one ;)

I can help but at this comment made me 😂 . I remember a time far far ago it was McNeese that was hell to win at. Hell at one time it was any team East of the Sabine River we had hell with.

geaux_sioux
July 14th, 2017, 03:06 PM
That's a good way to approach it. Like you said, the Fargodome is tough, but is it tough because it's the dome and it's loud, or is it all of that because you're playing NDSU...typically a very tough team...and because they've been doing well enough for so long that they always pack the house, so it's always loud. If NDSU wasn't doing well for a few years and attendance dropped off some, would the dome be not quite as loud or intimidating?
I'm not sure I can consider a dome that UND has a winning percentage of 66% in a tough place to play.

cx500d
July 14th, 2017, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure I can consider a dome that UND has a winning percentage of 66% in a tough place to play.

So your last outing excuse is merely that you suck, because the dome obviously had nothing to do with it.

geaux_sioux
July 14th, 2017, 03:21 PM
So your last outing excuse is merely that you suck, because the dome obviously had nothing to do with it.

Why would I make an excuse about UND's dominance in the Fargo Loaf? It's pretty cut and dry.

cx500d
July 14th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Why would I make an excuse about UND's dominance in the Fargo Loaf? It's pretty cut and dry.

I graduated in 1987 so I don't know what your talking about. I personally have never seen the sue beat the Bison. Last game I saw, I don't think I'd ever seen an offense that pathetic. You made misery state look like a contender.

TheKingpin28
July 14th, 2017, 03:38 PM
I graduated in 1987 so I don't know what your talking about. I personally have never seen the sue beat the Bison. Last game I saw, I don't think I'd ever seen an offense that pathetic. You made misery state look like a contender.

That takes talent to be able to do that.

cx500d
July 14th, 2017, 03:45 PM
This cracked me up right here

Me too, my high school didn't even have aluminum bleachers.

geaux_sioux
July 14th, 2017, 03:45 PM

We'll have something for you next time we play.

cx500d
July 14th, 2017, 03:47 PM
We'll have something for you next time we play.

That's very hospitable of you to bring the nickel back where it belongs.

geaux_sioux
July 14th, 2017, 03:52 PM
That's very hospitable of you to bring the nickel back where it belongs.

I'd love if they brought it back. Obviously not gonna happen unfortunately.

phoenix3
July 14th, 2017, 03:57 PM

Elon is 4-6 vs. Furman in Paladin Stadium since 1999. The most entertaining game I remember was the 2007 game where the Paladins won 52-49, followed closely by the 19-12 Elon win in 2009. It will be interesting to see whether it will be 5-6 or 4-7 after September 9th. I know Furman has never considered Elon a rival, but we've had a number of great games none the less.

Gangtackle11
July 14th, 2017, 05:02 PM
would have to say Nova, just because of all the gold chains dripping with olive oil and the tipsy priests you have to navigate pre/post game

xpeacex gangtackle
Tisk....tisk....tisk....this from the school that represents a state where cousins marry cousins on a regular basis. xpeacex

cx500d
July 14th, 2017, 05:24 PM
I'd love if they brought it back. Obviously not gonna happen unfortunately.

If you're scared just say so and quit beating around the bush.

GodHelpTheBears
July 14th, 2017, 05:30 PM
That takes talent to be able to do that.

It actually takes a complete lack of talent to do that.

TheKingpin28
July 14th, 2017, 05:39 PM
It actually takes a complete lack of talent to do that.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/992/401/e37.png

GodHelpTheBears
July 14th, 2017, 05:49 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/992/401/e37.png

Another thing I have in common with Missouri State safeties...things going over our heads

TheKingpin28
July 14th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Another thing I have in common with Missouri State safeties...things going over our heads

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/672/044/a9e.jpg

geaux_sioux
July 14th, 2017, 10:10 PM
If you're scared just say so and quit beating around the bush.

So scared.

POD Knows
July 15th, 2017, 09:05 AM
We'll have something for you next time we play.What you will "have" is a couple hundred hockey rubes showing up with Sioux hockey jerseys to the game, no offense to speak of and an ugly Fighting Hawk logo, unless the $3,000,000 branding campaign comes up with something different.

You will lose, you will go home and make excuses about how young the team is and cite the moral victory of the three touchdown loss.

cx500d
July 15th, 2017, 09:11 AM
What you will "have" is a couple hundred hockey rubes showing up with Sioux hockey jerseys to the game, no offense to speak of and an ugly Fighting Hawk logo, unless the $3,000,000 branding campaign comes up with something different.

You will lose, you will go home and make excuses about how young the team is and cite the moral victory of the three touchdown loss.

Sounds about right...

Redbird 4th & short
July 15th, 2017, 09:47 AM

putting aside no opponent should ever disrupt the home team's introductions, that was an admirably bold BA move by GSU .. that is easier to get away with in playoff game against non-conf opponent - little chance for payback type game.

Begs the question .. was this in 2011 when you beat them handily or 2012 when you struggled to win by 3 with late TD ??

geaux_sioux
July 15th, 2017, 11:02 AM
What you will "have" is a couple hundred hockey rubes showing up with Sioux hockey jerseys to the game, no offense to speak of and an ugly Fighting Hawk logo, unless the $3,000,000 branding campaign comes up with something different.

It will fun to look back at this post after the game.

cx500d
July 15th, 2017, 11:58 AM
It will fun to look back at this post after the game.

It will for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C45u0jxkZw

POD Knows
July 15th, 2017, 12:35 PM
It will fun to look back at this post after the game.There are two things in my post that are sure to happen. The hockey rubes will show up with hockey jerseys and the fighting hawk logo will still be disastrously horrible. I am terrible are predicting games so anything can happen there is suppose but I doubt that the outcome will be any different than the last time they played

cx500d
July 15th, 2017, 12:53 PM
There are two things in my post that are sure to happen. The hockey rubes will show up with hockey jerseys and the fighting hawk logo will still be disastrously horrible. I am terrible are predicting games so anything can happen there is suppose but I doubt that the outcome will be any different than the last time they played

There's no way the UND offense could be that bad again.....

Bisonoline
July 15th, 2017, 01:01 PM
It will for us.

Were on this at 1:08.

cx500d
July 15th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Were on this at 1:08.

That made me hungry...

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 15th, 2017, 01:33 PM
There are two things in my post that are sure to happen. The hockey rubes will show up with hockey jerseys and the fighting hawk logo will still be disastrously horrible. I am terrible are predicting games so anything can happen there is suppose but I doubt that the outcome will be any different than the last time they played

xlolx

UND had something like a total of 10 yards when Klieman pulled the starters....xlolx

UND is better now but I assume the next game in '19 will be closer.

Bubba is copying NDSU's style on offense, or trying to. Fullback and TE sets and running the ball with play action. He will always run a 3-4 on defense or version of it.

Too bad the teams quit playing in '03 because the Bison would be on a 13 game win streak...xlolx....xnodx

geaux_sioux
July 15th, 2017, 01:34 PM
There's no way the UND offense could be that bad again.....
Absolutely not. The offense should be pretty strong next time we play.

geaux_sioux
July 15th, 2017, 01:38 PM
xlolx

UND had something like a total of 10 yards when Klieman pulled the starters....xlolx

Bubba is copying NDSU's style on offense, or trying to. Fullback and TE sets and running the ball with play action. He will always run a 3-4 on defense or version of it.

Too bad the teams quit playing in '03 because the Bison would be on a 13 game win streak...xlolx....xnodx
We probably would have split the 04-08 games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 15th, 2017, 01:40 PM
We probably would have split the 04-08 games.

I could probably go along with 04-05-08 or even 09, but NDSU's teams in 06 and 07 were very good. Both 10-1.

geaux_sioux
July 15th, 2017, 01:54 PM
It will for us.

What's crazy after watching those highlights is that Harris is now one of the top pro prospects in all of FCS. He was brutal in that game and not much better on the season. The next season he was an all american.

geaux_sioux
July 15th, 2017, 01:56 PM
I could probably go along with 04-05-08 or even 09, but NDSU's teams in 06 and 07 were very good. Both 10-1.
UND's 06 and 07 teams were great. Injuries derailed potential championships for both teams. Averaged over 500 yards a game in a non spread offense. Dressler and co were unstoppable.

http://siouxsports.com/football/schedule/und/2006/
http://siouxsports.com/football/schedule/und/2007/

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 15th, 2017, 02:12 PM
UND's 06 and 07 teams were great. Injuries derailed potential championships for both teams. Averaged over 500 yards a game in a non spread offense. Dressler and co were unstoppable.

http://siouxsports.com/football/schedule/und/2006/
http://siouxsports.com/football/schedule/und/2007/

Yes, very good against D2 teams. Beating UNI at their place was impressive with the scholarship differential. I think UNI played SDSU that year also.

Bubba had a good thing staying in the Big Sky with the brand of football he wants to play.......or should I say NDSU's style....UND now comes to the Valley where many teams run the same type of football, in terms of playing tough defense and more attention to the run game.

Can Bubba keep it going?

It looks like UND is almost a mirror image of NDSU offensively at least. Run the ball. Passing game off of that. Fullback and even 2 TE sets. Power running game.

geaux_sioux
July 15th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Yes, very good against D2 teams. Beating UNI at their place was impressive with the scholarship differential. I think UNI played SDSU that year also.

Bubba had a good thing staying in the Big Sky with the brand of football he wants to play.......or should I say NDSU's style....UND now comes to the Valley where many teams run the same type of football, in terms of playing tough defense and more attention to the run game.

Can Bubba keep it going?

It looks like UND is almost a mirror image of NDSU offensively at least. Run the ball. Passing game off of that. Fullback and even 2 TE sets. Power running game.
It's how UND played on offense when Bubba was DC under Lennon so it's hardly copying NDSU.

Also we both played SUU in 2007. Und won 37-10 on the road and NDSU won 52-17 at home. Obviously transitive property doesn't legitimately exist in football but it's still an interesting comparison.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 15th, 2017, 03:31 PM
It's how UND played on offense when Bubba was DC under Lennon so it's hardly copying NDSU.

Also we both played SUU in 2007. Und won 37-10 on the road and NDSU won 52-17 at home. Obviously transitive property doesn't legitimately exist in football but it's still an interesting comparison.

Bubba was the DC under Lennon. He's playing a style that he is comfortable/use to. I have heard him the past referencing NDSU's style and they (UND) also want to play football in that mold. Told it to me myself at a camp in summer of '14....the young man I took to that camp is on the OL at Bemidji State.

The point is that he is running a style that has been a proven success 75 miles south down I-29. Moving to the Valley is also a better fit for UND. Tougher conference top to bottom.

GodHelpTheBears
July 16th, 2017, 10:36 AM

Can Bubba keep it going?

It's how upper midwest teams tend to play in general (except I guess Minnesota nowadays). You don't have the athletes found in Texas, Florida, etc but you do have big, strong, stocky guys to put on the line, or run between the tackles.

The prevalence of these teams in the MVFC is why I'd like to see MSU run an option offense, like what Willie Fritz does. We'll struggle to find the size to take your linemen head on, but we can leverage the zone blocking techniques to neutralize the size advantage while plucking spare athletes from TX/OK to be the QB/A-back/B-back.

F'N Hawks
July 16th, 2017, 11:32 AM
xlolx

"Copying"...lol. Cause NDSU invented it and UND didn't run that offense for the previous 25 years (minus a couple years of 4 wide crap that got him fired).

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 16th, 2017, 01:19 PM
"Copying"...lol. Cause NDSU invented it and UND didn't run that offense for the previous 25 years (minus a couple years of 4 wide crap that got him fired).

Hey Einstein, where did I say "invented it"....xlolx

You UND rubes believe what you want in your own world. I was told by Bubba they utilize the same formations and type of offense.

xlolxxlolx

F'N Hawks
July 16th, 2017, 01:33 PM

You UND rubes believe what you want in your own world. I was told by Bubba they utilize the same formations and type of offense.

xlolxxlolx

As they had since the early 90s. Actually, didn't NDSU transition from the veer to a similar offense that UND was running when the Babbler arrived?

geaux_sioux
July 16th, 2017, 01:33 PM

xlolxxlolx

And my point is that we have traditionally run that type of offense. We didn't just start for the first time ever when Bubba was hired.

cx500d
July 16th, 2017, 01:57 PM
As they had since the early 90s. Actually, didn't NDSU transition from the veer to a similar offense that UND was running when the Babbler arrived?

We are going back to the veer for our game against whatever you will be calling yourselves in 2019.

F'N Hawks
July 16th, 2017, 02:00 PM
We are going back to the veer for our game against whatever you will be calling yourselves in 2019.

Oh Lord, please make this be real. ^^^^

geaux_sioux
July 16th, 2017, 02:15 PM
That would be pretty hilarious. Almost to the level of Bear Bryant vs USC back in the day when he held a closed fall camp and installed an option offense to unveil as a surprise in their first game of the year which was against USC who had embarrassed them the year before.

cx500d
July 16th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Oh Lord, please make this be real. ^^^^

#BookIt

ElCid
July 16th, 2017, 03:23 PM

I looked at the home records since 2010 for all SOCON games and current teams that played at SOCON sites before they were again part of SOCON (VMI and ETSU). Also included playoff games of SOCON vs. SOCON. It is just an objective data point and not necessarily the "toughest" place. I put ETSU last because they only have one season.

Wofford - 20-8
UTC - 19-8
Samford - 16-11
The Citadel - 16-14
Furman - 11-16
WCU - 8-19
Mercer - 5-7 (2014-16)
VMI - 2-9 (2014-16)
ETSU - 2-2 (2016)

The subjective part is a bit harder. We have a tough venue down in Charleston even when we are bad. Especially when you add in the heat, the Corps and the cannons. But I could be convinced there are tougher places.

Historically, Furman is definitely a tough place to play, but we are 5-5 up in Greenville over the last 10 tries. We are 4-6 in Chattanooga over that same time. Obviously the worse place for us lately has been Wofford. We are 2-8 in Spartanburg over the last 10. Not that Spartanburg is really intimidating. They just had our number. Their stadium is pretty small and their fans are pretty tame. Same can be said of Samford. Mercer might become a pretty tough place especially considering all their close losses, but it isn't quite yet.

I think it might be easy to say that Boone was the toughest place before App St left. But that is arguable. Ga So was pretty tough as well, especially when you add in the bugs and heat. Both of those fan bases could be tough to deal with.

cx500d
July 16th, 2017, 04:18 PM

The subjective part is a bit harder. We have a tough venue down in Charleston even when we are bad. Especially when you add in the heat, the Corps and the cannons. But I could be convinced there are tougher places.

Why, did you canister or grapeshot?

ElCid
July 16th, 2017, 09:21 PM
Why, did you canister or grapeshot?

LOL. Some visiting folks, and I am sure players as well, don't take kindly to getting blasted out of their skins. It can be a shock to those not used to it.

But I like it!

Fire those cannons!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25480&stc=1

mmiller_34
July 17th, 2017, 09:34 AM
From the SDSU perspective, I feel it is this:

1. NDSU
2. UNI
3. USD
4. Youngstown State
5. Illinois State
6. Western Illinois
7. Southern Illinois
8. Missouri State
9. Indiana State

POD Knows
July 17th, 2017, 09:39 AM

1. NDSU
2. UNI
3. USD
4. Youngstown State
5. Illinois State
6. Western Illinois
7. Southern Illinois
8. Missouri State
9. Indiana StateDid you guys move to a different conference.

ysubigred
July 17th, 2017, 09:43 AM
EWU in zero degree weather is not fun xthumbsupx Not in conference I know xdrunkyx

https://spark.adobe.com/page/l2R4zjD1ku7Kr/images/463d34c3-a88c-4b0e-b7ac-a4fc30ba63f4.jpg?asset_id=0f1a7c8e-a1d5-4747-99f0-ae440176c1d3&img_etag=019038848637f8dca0dab5459cb5537e&size=2560

mmiller_34
July 17th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Did you guys move to a different conference.

Well, I left SDSU off because we wouldn't play ourselves. I said from the SDSU perspective. Meaning, as SDSU plays other conference teams, the hardest places SDSU plays would be...etc.

In my opinion, tough places to play can be relative. For example, USD is a tough place to play for SDSU. The environment for USD-SDSU game can be much more intense than USD hosting Indiana State.

POD Knows
July 17th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Well, I left SDSU off because we wouldn't play ourselves. I said from the SDSU perspective. Meaning, as SDSU plays other conference teams, the hardest places SDSU plays would be...etc.Gotcha, the rest of the homers on the site were listing their own team or city in the ratings, usually placing them at the toughest place to play. :D

mmiller_34
July 17th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Gotcha, the rest of the homers on the site were listing their own team or city in the ratings, usually placing them at the toughest place to play. :D

Yeah I think that's bull****. I think opposing fans should be the judge on whether it is tough to play at your team's stadium or not.

Redbird 4th & short
July 17th, 2017, 03:20 PM
we tend to get up and prepare well for NDSU and UNI games .. even if we lost the game. Of the perennial tough teams, maybe SDSU we have toughest time playing up to our level. But we tend to have more issues playing away games against lesser teams in fron of smaller crowds ... so it depends on the year and team.

That and playing EIU is very reminscent of Bears-Packers in 1980's. Other than 2013 when EIU was very good .. it doesn't matter whether we are favored by 7 pt 21 pts .. it is always an unusually tough ugly game. In 2011, we were 21 points better .. they beat us. Even in 2014 at home, we beat them easily, but it was ugly. But this is home or away grudge match issue.

p.s. I know EIU is OVC but we play them every year going on 110 years.

BadlandsGrizFan
July 17th, 2017, 04:52 PM
When did UND fans start talking **** about anything other than hockey???

xlolx

JSUSoutherner
July 17th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Yeah I think that's bull****. I think opposing fans should be the judge on whether it is tough to play at your team's stadium or not.

I'm interested to see what the other OVC posters think then. xcoffeex

Where ever they are...

Haven't you heard?

They have been lifting weights since last January.

cx500d
July 17th, 2017, 05:17 PM

They think they are with the big boys now that they are leaving the Big Fluffy.

The 90's and early 2000's I was away keeping America safe, and I really didn't follow NDSU since info was hard to come by in ****hole 4th world countries, but I guess that was the heydey of UND (whatever they call themselves) football. Were they even popular in Grand Forks when they won or were competing for Div2 championships? What kind of attendance figures did they get in those days? I vaguely recall the city being under water sometime in there, but I completely lost the bubble. I didn't really start paying attention again when I heard NDSU was moving up, and I remember the Big Fluffy didn't want NDSU and SDSU, probably because they were scared.

Grizalltheway
July 17th, 2017, 05:27 PM
They think they are with the big boys now that they are leaving the Big Fluffy.

The 90's and early 2000's I was away keeping America safe, and I really didn't follow NDSU since info was hard to come by in ****hole 4th world countries, but I guess that was the heydey of UND (whatever they call themselves) football. Were they even popular in Grand Forks when they won or were competing for Div2 championships? What kind of attendance figures did they get in those days? I vaguely recall the city being under water sometime in there, but I completely lost the bubble. I didn't really start paying attention again when I heard NDSU was moving up, and I remember the Big Fluffy didn't want NDSU and SDSU, probably because they were scared.

Nah, you can thank former Montana State employee Doug Foolerton for that.

GodHelpTheBears
July 17th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Gotcha, the rest of the homers on the site were listing their own team or city in the ratings, usually placing them at the toughest place to play. :D

Personally, I thought the Bison were intimidated by the one bro in our student section chanting "overrated" last year. :D

Seriously, I drink some strong stuff but nothing strong enough to make me think Plaster is a house of horrors for opposing teams.

POD Knows
July 17th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Personally, I thought the Bison were intimidated by the one bro in our student section chanting "overrated" last year. :D

Seriously, I drink some strong stuff but nothing strong enough to make me think Plaster is a house of horrors for opposing teams.We were overrated.

GodHelpTheBears
July 17th, 2017, 09:40 PM
We were overrated.

I didn't say he was wrong

Scrappy94
July 17th, 2017, 11:33 PM
I think it's a tossup between Wofford and The Citadel.

tomq04
July 18th, 2017, 03:54 AM
I have yet to make an away game...but I don't see how the answer couldn't be Montana in the Big Sky.

edit- after remembering some conversations with a former player at work, in his opinion SUU and NAU were harder to play at due to elevation.

Thumper 76
July 18th, 2017, 10:06 AM

1. NDSU
2. UNI
3. USD
4. Youngstown State
5. Illinois State
6. Western Illinois
7. Southern Illinois
8. Missouri State
9. Indiana State

I know that we've had a terrible record in Fargo, but SDSU has as many wins in Fargo as they do in Brookings since 2007. When you factor in the level of team we faced there compared to UNI I would put UNI above NDSU. For some reason the Jacks generally play terribly there and generally play pretty well at Fargo. Maybe it's the horrible seat colors in there.

I will add that since 2010 the SDSU-NDSU matchups have had 70% of the games played in Fargo, so the familiarity is there for sure. 3 games in Brookings, 7 in Fargo.

clenz
July 18th, 2017, 10:16 AM
To be fair, generally UNI plays pretty terrible at home recently too.

Worst home record in the league last season.

Grizalltheway
July 18th, 2017, 11:52 AM
I have yet to make an away game...but I don't see how the answer couldn't be Montana in the Big Sky.

edit- after remembering some conversations with a former player at work, in his opinion SUU and NAU were harder to play at due to elevation.

Yeah, if NAU could manage anything resembling a sellout it might be the toughest by a long shot.

Yotes21
July 18th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Every game away from the Dome is typically tough on the Yotes, but they played tough last year.

Over the last few years, this is my list.

1. NDSU
2. SDSU
3. UNI
4. YSU
5. ISU-R
6. WIU
T7. SIU
T7. ISU-b
T7. MSU

AmsterBison
July 18th, 2017, 08:08 PM
1. NDSU: Not only for the visiting team but, paradoxically, for NDSU too since NDSU's home record has been worse than the road record. I think a lot of visiting teams get pumped to play in front of a live audience. Also, I double-checked and the thread doesn't say "Toughest stadium to play in your conference."
2. ISU-Red - their conference home record is actually better than NDSU's.
3. UNI:
4. SDSU: the four-foot crown their field used to have really tired teams out if they substituted too much. Their video board is also very intimidating. It's like a billboard selling mediocrity (call 1-800-NOT-NDSU for more info.)
5. YSU (tie)
5. SIU (tie)
7. USD: When they have a decent team, they're really tough to beat at home
8. Indiana State: not only do they let the players' parents referee (or that is what it seems like), it's hard to get excited about playing there... so far.
9. Missouri State: what a nice stadium
10. WIU - you'd think playing their would be tougher because they are physical, it's not an adrenaline-generating atmosphere, and the field used to slow teams down.

ngineer
July 18th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Colgate in November. After that, Georgetown just due to the crappy facilities.

CaryNCDuke
July 18th, 2017, 08:47 PM
Has to go to Maine or New Hampshire late in the year. For some reason, we always get late season games that are brutal with the weather up there.

cx500d
July 18th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Has to go to Maine or New Hampshire late in the year. For some reason, we always get late season games that are brutal with the weather up there.

Cmon, that crisp fall weather and colors makes for great football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UAalum72
July 18th, 2017, 10:55 PM
Cmon, that crisp fall weather and colors makes for great football.

No colors - by November all the leaves are brown and on the ground

ALPHAGRIZ1
July 19th, 2017, 02:06 PM

Agreed, its NAU and the Walkup Skydome

McNeese72
July 19th, 2017, 04:14 PM
LOL. Some visiting folks, and I am sure players as well, don't take kindly to getting blasted out of their skins. It can be a shock to those not used to it.

But I like it!

Fire those cannons!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25480&stc=1

If there is one thing I have learned in my years of shooting McNeese football, it is that you don't want to be in front of the Buccaneers' two cannons when McNeese scores. There are people in the stands that don't like how loud they are. In front of them, even though they are above you, they are very loud and will test your vertical leap if you forget about them.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4321/35642221840_117555b280_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/WizGNd)football_lu_2016-135 (https://flic.kr/p/WizGNd) by Richard Martin (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/), on Flickr

Doc

cx500d
July 19th, 2017, 05:01 PM

They have a lot of pine trees in the Pine Tree State...

cx500d
July 19th, 2017, 05:03 PM
I see the guy on the left is using his air force issued ear plug...

If there is one thing I have learned in my years of shooting McNeese football, it is that you don't want to be in front of the Buccaneers' two cannons when McNeese scores. There are people in the stands that don't like how loud they are. In front of them, even though they are above you, they are very loud and will test your vertical leap if you forget about them.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4321/35642221840_117555b280_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/WizGNd)football_lu_2016-135 (https://flic.kr/p/WizGNd) by Richard Martin (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/), on Flickr

Doc

TribeNomad1
July 19th, 2017, 05:05 PM

.......and the sky is grey.

cx500d
July 19th, 2017, 05:25 PM

blah blah blah blah....

California fiscal Nightmare.....

AmsterBison
July 20th, 2017, 09:38 AM

Hah! Today I Learned that CALIFORNIA DREAMING and HAZY SHADE OF WINTER are two different songs.

REALBird
July 21st, 2017, 01:52 PM
1. NDSU...hey we managed to win once there, but not good since they joined the league.
1a. UNI - the dome. Just like NDSU, what one win in the last 10 years +.
1c. SDSU - you guys should really have a dome. I think our team is still scarred from that November game in 2008.
1d. WIU - figured it out the last 3 times we've played there, but it's been a house of horrors as well.
5. YSU - I think it's the time zone and the fact that they always schedule our game in the evening.
6. SIU - We've managed to play them even the last few years, but McAndrews wasn't a nice place for us to play.
7. USD - Small body of work, but we lost for the first time last year by 3 pts.
8. InSU - It's the atmosphere. It's like playing in a Dead Zone.
9. MSU - Actually faired well in recent years at MSU, just can't seem to figure out how we lose to them at home?

Thumper 76
July 21st, 2017, 08:39 PM
1c. SDSU - you guys should really have a dome. I think our team is still scarred from that November game in 2008.

I mean, that's kinda the reason I love that we don't. I remember that game vividly. You could tell before the ball was even snapped those boys had given up and were more worried about standing by the heaters than playing football xlolx

cx500d
July 21st, 2017, 10:05 PM
I mean, that's kinda the reason I love that we don't. I remember that game vividly. You could tell before the ball was even snapped those boys had given up and were more worried about standing by the heaters than playing football xlolx

Exactly why I hate the Fargo dome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

REALBird
July 23rd, 2017, 10:24 AM

it was over before the coin flip! LOL

POD Knows
July 23rd, 2017, 10:52 AM
Exactly why I hate the Fargo dome

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkI like football outside as well but there have been some December games up here recently where it would have been virtually impossible to play outside. The weather outside at the JMU game last year was brutal. I would not have went to this game if it had been outside and I am used to crappy winter weather.

Bisonoline
July 23rd, 2017, 12:32 PM
I like football outside as well but there have been some December games up here recently where it would have been virtually impossible to play outside. The weather outside at the JMU game last year was brutal. I would not have went to this game if it had been outside and I am used to crappy winter weather.

Yeah that whole thing about playing in the cold sucks for the fans. Tailgate for 5 hours outside and then 3 hours outside for the game? **** that. Im there to have fun not show how long I can tolerate freezing temps. Plus I also like going in to an air conditioned dome after 80-90 degrees of tailgate for 5 hours.

Now there are some of those fall days where the air is cool, clean and crisp that it would be nice to have a retractable roof.

ST_Lawson
July 23rd, 2017, 12:33 PM
I like football outside as well but there have been some December games up here recently where it would have been virtually impossible to play outside. The weather outside at the JMU game last year was brutal. I would not have went to this game if it had been outside and I am used to crappy winter weather.

When you've got a team that regularly plays into December, it's gotta be kinda nice to not have to sit outside for the occasional game that, if outside, would involve negative double-digit wind chills (Weather Underground says the weather in Fargo that afternoon was about 5 degrees with ~16 MPH wind and about -15 degree wind chill).

Not sure I'd be able to amp myself up enough to get outside for that either. Our game against SDSU at the end of the season back in 2015 was tough enough, and that was a wind chill of ~10 degrees.

GodHelpTheBears
July 23rd, 2017, 01:44 PM
When you've got a team that regularly plays into December, it's gotta be kinda nice to not have to sit outside for the occasional game that, if outside, would involve negative double-digit wind chills (Weather Underground says the weather in Fargo that afternoon was about 5 degrees with ~16 MPH wind and about -15 degree wind chill).

Not sure I'd be able to amp myself up enough to get outside for that either. Our game against SDSU at the end of the season back in 2015 was tough enough, and that was a wind chill of ~10 degrees.

Even as far south as we are, we can have bone chilling days that time of year. In November, it could be 65 degrees, or...it could be like the NDSU game in 2014.

Bisonoline
July 23rd, 2017, 07:57 PM
Even as far south as we are, we can have bone chilling days that time of year. In November, it could be 65 degrees, or...it could be like the NDSU game in 2014.

2010 was cold also. At least inside that stadium it felt cold.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 24th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Yeah that whole thing about playing in the cold sucks for the fans. Tailgate for 5 hours outside and then 3 hours outside for the game? **** that. Im there to have fun not show how long I can tolerate freezing temps. Plus I also like going in to an air conditioned dome after 80-90 degrees of tailgate for 5 hours.

Now there are some of those fall days where the air is cool, clean and crisp that it would be nice to have a retractable roof.

Agree

Good and bad with the FD but come December, the FD is really nice for games!!

POD Knows
July 24th, 2017, 07:56 AM

Not sure I'd be able to amp myself up enough to get outside for that either. Our game against SDSU at the end of the season back in 2015 was tough enough, and that was a wind chill of ~10 degrees.It was a night game, it was colder than that, I almost died walking to my car and it seemed windier but I could be wrong.

ST_Lawson
July 24th, 2017, 08:28 AM
It was a night game, it was colder than that, I almost died walking to my car and it seemed windier but I could be wrong.

Ah, you're right. I hadn't noticed it was an evening game. Says kickoff was at 6:06 PM, and a reading from the Fargo airport (FAR, Hector International) at 6:19 says 3 degrees, -18.8 with wind chill, 20 MPH winds and light snow. By the end of the game after 9 it was around -20 wind chill. (Source (https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KFAR/2016/12/16/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Fargo&req_state=ND&req_statename=&reqdb.zip=58102&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999))

So, it went from "I can't feel my face and everything else hurts" to "I can't feel my everything and where'd my balls go".

Sycamore62
July 24th, 2017, 09:44 AM
I gotta say Memorial Stadium at ISUb is the toughest place for us to win. we lose a lot of games there. im not sure about the rest of the teams in the MVFC

POD Knows
July 24th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Ah, you're right. I hadn't noticed it was an evening game. Says kickoff was at 6:06 PM, and a reading from the Fargo airport (FAR, Hector International) at 6:19 says 3 degrees, -18.8 with wind chill, 20 MPH winds and light snow. By the end of the game after 9 it was around -20 wind chill. (Source (https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KFAR/2016/12/16/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Fargo&req_state=ND&req_statename=&reqdb.zip=58102&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999))

So, it went from "I can't feel my face and everything else hurts" to "I can't feel my everything and where'd my balls go".Maybe it was the sting of defeat but that walk back to truck was one of the longest and coldest walks I had ever done. I got to the game late because I was working that day and we parked at the other end of nowhere, I should have hitchhiked to my vehicle.

I am curious to hear from the JMU fans that might have been to that game what they thought about the weather and playing that bad boy outside.

The Cats
July 24th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Since App State departed the conference, I'd say Finley Stadium in Chattanooga is the toughest place for the Catamounts to pick up a win among current SoCon members.

The Cats have lost their last 5 games in Chattanooga, last picking up a 38-20 win over the Mocs in Chattanooga during the 2005 season.

PaladinFan
July 24th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Since App State departed the conference, I'd say Finley Stadium in Chattanooga is the toughest place for the Catamounts to pick up a win among current SoCon members.

The Cats have lost their last 5 games in Chattanooga, last picking up a 38-20 win over the Mocs in Chattanooga during the 2005 season.

Not to be directly contrarian, but WCU is 1-10 in Paladin Stadium since 1995. They won in Greenville in 2014.

In those 10 losses, I believe WCU has only managed to keep it within a single digit deficit twice (2002, 2008).

The Cats
July 24th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Not to be directly contrarian, but WCU is 1-10 in Paladin Stadium since 1995. They won in Greenville in 2014.

In those 10 losses, I believe WCU has only managed to keep it within a single digit deficit twice (2002, 2008).

I think you failed at not being directly contrarian.

I didn't say Finley was the only place the Cats have trouble picking up wins, it's just my opinion that Chatty is the toughest since Appy State departed.

RabidRabbit
July 24th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Realbird: 1c. SDSU - you guys should really have a dome. I think our team is still scarred from that November game in 2008.

Jacks can be beat in cold weather (i.e. @ EWU playoffs in 2012), but they don't get beat by the cold. ISU-R, EIU are two games where the other team played in Brookings, and couldn't do squat, mainly due to the sub 20's temps.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with our Domed opponents when they come to Brookings for a cold game outside again.

The downside, is Jacks fans like their nice weather, and don't make the cold games, choosing to watch from the comforts of home and TV. Although the crowds that do make it are rowdy and very into the game.

DFW HOYA
July 24th, 2017, 12:53 PM
I gotta say Memorial Stadium at ISUb is the toughest place for us to win. we lose a lot of games there. im not sure about the rest of the teams in the MVFC

Any chance to rebuild Memorial Stadium to what it used to be?

http://brisray.com/th/pcms04.jpg

clenz
July 24th, 2017, 03:45 PM

They're closer to shuttering the program and tearing down the stadium than adding any seats - let alone going to something like that

There's a reason it looks like this now

http://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/indstate.sidearmsports.com/images/2016/11/18/OIZEYPWJXGXUQUT_20120124223112.jpg

NorthChuckSouth
July 24th, 2017, 07:45 PM

No thank you.. it was cold enough at Liberty when we played them in november and it was only like 39. When we played citadel in 2015 in the playoffs it was almost 70 degrees. I'll take that any day

KPSUL
July 24th, 2017, 10:37 PM
No thank you.. it was cold enough at Liberty when we played them in november and it was only like 39.

Plus your looking at the white artificial snow surface up on the Snowflex Center. Must have been brutal!

Thumper 76
July 24th, 2017, 10:50 PM
No thank you.. it was cold enough at Liberty when we played them in november and it was only like 39. When we played citadel in 2015 in the playoffs it was almost 70 degrees. I'll take that any day

39? You poor, poor things xlolx

Sycamore62
July 27th, 2017, 02:10 PM

if they were to do anything that big it would be building one on campus which is unlikely for the foreseeable future. I doubt they shut down the program but if they did it would be after some of the FCS schools close down after the next bubble bursts and there is a huge economic collapse.

NorthChuckSouth
July 27th, 2017, 04:52 PM
39? You poor, poor things xlolx

I know man it's a hard life