http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011907aac.html

These guys have even got times set! NICE! :hurray:

Tribe4SF
January 28th, 2007, 03:27 PM
FOUR IVIES!!!:eek:

Better win the conference again.:smiley_wi

Andy
January 28th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Lafayette's new "Varsity House" under construction adjacent to Fisher Field.

http://www.lafayette.edu/press/construction/index_camera.html

LeopardFan04
January 28th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I should make all the home games except Marist (I am usually away Labor Day weekend) and will be making the trips hopefully to Penn and Lehigh. If I'm extra ambitious and my schedule allows I'm going to try to get to DC for the Georgetown game.

MU Alum
January 28th, 2007, 04:02 PM
They dropped Monmouth for Marist. They were suppose to have a home and home in 07-08 with Monmouth. They must have wanted an easy opening win instead of a game. Too bad. Tell me again how the patriot league deserves an autobid and the NEC doesn't when they're defending champion is dropping NEC teams from their schedule. This could have been a great series.

LBPop
January 28th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I should make all the home games except Marist (I am usually away Labor Day weekend) and will be making the trips hopefully to Penn and Lehigh. If I'm extra ambitious and my schedule allows I'm going to try to get to DC for the Georgetown game.
Be sure to give us Hoya fans a little warning. Would be happy to welcome a 'Pard to the best city (and the worst stadium :() in the Patriot League. :nod:

TheValleyRaider
January 28th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Well, at least one of your Ivies is Columbia.

Looks like a tough back-end of the League schedule, especially with trips to HC and Lehigh like that. Probably will be sunny and 70 in late October when the Raiders pay you a visit again :D (and hopefully provide some payback)

ngineer
January 28th, 2007, 11:16 PM
9/1 MARIST 6:00 p.m.
9/8 at Georgetown
9/15 at Penn
9/22 PRINCETON 6:00 p.m.
9/29 Open
10/6 COLUMBIA 6:00 p.m.
10/13 at Harvard TBA
10/20 FORDHAM* 1:00 p.m.
10/27 COLGATE* 1:00 p.m.
11/3 BUCKNELL* 1:00 p.m.
11/10 at Holy Cross* TBA
11/17 at Lehigh* The 143RD Meeting TBA

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011907aac.html

These guys have even got times set! NICE! :hurray:

Have to remember the footnote...;) As the New York Times said, "It's not whether you win or lose, but how often you play the game...":rotateh:

cosmo here
January 29th, 2007, 08:24 AM
They dropped Monmouth for Marist. They were suppose to have a home and home in 07-08 with Monmouth. They must have wanted an easy opening win instead of a game. Too bad. Tell me again how the patriot league deserves an autobid and the NEC doesn't when they're defending champion is dropping NEC teams from their schedule. This could have been a great series.

The Monmouth game was discussed but not finalized, so neither school dropped the game.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19052

Fordham
January 29th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Solid schedule Pard fans. Kudos.

carney2
January 29th, 2007, 09:15 AM
They dropped Monmouth for Marist.

Although logical and I applaud the decision if that is the way it went, there is no current evidence to support your position, MU, that Lafayette dropped Monmouth. The latest word is that the series was never a done deal and that it fell through. If you have better information, let's hear it.

carney2
January 29th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Probably will be sunny and 70 in late October when the Raiders pay you a visit again :D (and hopefully provide some payback)

You guys could suffrer an ass kickin' from now until the day that they put me in a pine box and we still wouldn't be even.

JMG1MON
January 29th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Cosmo, Monmouth sure as heck thought it was finalized. In the past, when the APP (Asbury Park Press) announces future opponents, it will state that Monmouth and ________ (insert team name) are in talks with each other to play against one another. I know I have seen this a few times in recent years. They specifically came out and said last July or August that Monmouth was playing Lafayette on Sept. 1st. According to Callahan, Lafayette pulled out (we will never know the true story as both sides will spin it differently).

carney2
January 29th, 2007, 09:19 AM
FOUR IVIES!!!:eek:

By our standards that is three Ivys and Columbia.

Pard4Life
January 29th, 2007, 09:29 AM
By our standards that is three Ivys and Columbia.

I don't think Columbia will be something to sneeze at in the coming years. They really want to turn it around over there, whether or not they will is another issue.. but maybe Marist just might be the only 'easy' game on the schedule.

cosmo here
January 29th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Cosmo, Monmouth sure as heck thought it was finalized. In the past, when the APP (Asbury Park Press) announces future opponents, it will state that Monmouth and ________ (insert team name) are in talks with each other to play against one another. I know I have seen this a few times in recent years. They specifically came out and said last July or August that Monmouth was playing Lafayette on Sept. 1st. According to Callahan, Lafayette pulled out (we will never know the true story as both sides will spin it differently).

Although it was in the Lafayette media guide for 2007 and 2008, that doesn't necessarily mean there was an agreement. I trust my source in the athletic department.

carney2
January 29th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I don't think Columbia will be something to sneeze at in the coming years. They really want to turn it around over there, whether or not they will is another issue.. but maybe Marist just might be the only 'easy' game on the schedule.

I agree that Columbia appears to be on the upswing and will not necessarily be pushovers in the future,

BUT

they have never been part of that axis of evil, that unclimbable mountain, that unstoppable force that brings unspeakable misery by raining inevitable and unpreventable losses upon our beloved Pards. They are not now and have never been one of the Evil Curse of Eight.

Pard4Life
January 29th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I agree that Columbia appears to be on the upswing and will not necessarily be pushovers in the future,

BUT

they have never been part of that axis of evil, that unclimbable mountain, that unstoppable force that brings unspeakable misery by raining inevitable and unpreventable losses upon our beloved Pards. They are not now and have never been one of the Evil Curse of Eight.

That's because they are bad all the time. We are 35-15 against them all-time or something like that.. Columbia has not been good since Lou Little, 1960, and one or two seasons in the mid-90s. Once they get better, who knows. We just can't beat Ivies for some reason when probability should say otherwise... :eyebrow:

Pards Rule
January 29th, 2007, 01:00 PM
And the first NIGHT game ever at Fisher Field....Sept. 1, 2007! I see a total of three night games...Hey, history buffs, any night games ever done on March Field??

carney2
January 29th, 2007, 01:06 PM
We just can't beat Ivies for some reason

Probably fodder for another thread, but here we are, so I ask

Why do you think that is?

Coach Tavani says that it's because of manpower. He says that in the majority of cases when he goes against an Ivy in a recruiting battle for a quality player the Ivy will win. When it's a true "difference maker," he says that he loses these battles 100% of the time. He goes on to attribute this to (academic) name recognition, tradition, national recruiting (by the Ivys), facilities, etc., etc. All of this makes sense,

BUT

it does not explain why it is that Lafayette seems to be the only team in our little circle of PL friends that is afflicted with the Can't Beat the Ivys, Have Never Been Able to Beat the Ivys disease. My research time is limited, so I will use only Lehigh as my point of comparison. Consider:

In the past 6 seasons (2001-2006) Lehigh is 8-5 against the Ivys, excluding Columbia. That includes their disastrous 0-3 in 2006. Prior to that they were 8-2. During this same period Lafayette went 1-13 against these same voodoo artists.

This one I am doing from memory, but I believe that Lehigh is 6-1 in their last 7 games against Princeton. Lafayette is 2-5 vs. the Tiggers - and I believe this is our best record in the last 7 games against any Ivy school not located in Manhattan.

This is not a recent phenomenon. Lafayette's lack of success against these teams is virtually unbroken back into the 19th century.

Why?

Pards Rule
January 29th, 2007, 01:15 PM
MAKE IT A PURPOSE THIS YEAR!

carney2
January 29th, 2007, 01:43 PM
MAKE IT A PURPOSE THIS YEAR!

By that I assume that you mean that we should stop taking the Ivys for granted.

Pards Rule
January 29th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Indeed! I want a victory over Princeton & Penn!

carney2
January 29th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Indeed! I want a victory over Princeton & Penn!

And Harvard. I'm greedy.

Pard4Life
January 30th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Probably fodder for another thread, but here we are, so I ask

Why do you think that is?

Coach Tavani says that it's because of manpower. He says that in the majority of cases when he goes against an Ivy in a recruiting battle for a quality player the Ivy will win. When it's a true "difference maker," he says that he loses these battles 100% of the time. He goes on to attribute this to (academic) name recognition, tradition, national recruiting (by the Ivys), facilities, etc., etc. All of this makes sense,

BUT

it does not explain why it is that Lafayette seems to be the only team in our little circle of PL friends that is afflicted with the Can't Beat the Ivys, Have Never Been Able to Beat the Ivys disease. My research time is limited, so I will use only Lehigh as my point of comparison. Consider:

In the past 6 seasons (2001-2006) Lehigh is 8-5 against the Ivys, excluding Columbia. That includes their disastrous 0-3 in 2006. Prior to that they were 8-2. During this same period Lafayette went 1-13 against these same voodoo artists.

This one I am doing from memory, but I believe that Lehigh is 6-1 in their last 7 games against Princeton. Lafayette is 2-5 vs. the Tiggers - and I believe this is our best record in the last 7 games against any Ivy school not located in Manhattan.

This is not a recent phenomenon. Lafayette's lack of success against these teams is virtually unbroken back into the 19th century.

Why?

You might add Colgate too.. they beat Princeton... but they have games against patsies Cornell and Dartmouth.. but yes Lehigh beats the same teams we play... also, that Lehigh record 8-2 was partially built in years where we did not have the same caliber Pard team as now, and Lehigh was a powerhouse. But still, we should have beaten those Princeton teams (did in 2003).. only played Penn in 2001, 2002; and Harvard was tops in the nation... but we amost had them in 2003..

If I could I answer 'why', they would probably let me coach for a game :rotateh:

carney2
January 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
If I could I answer 'why', they would probably let me coach for a game :rotateh:

Are you volunteering? If that's a "yes" that I hear I am suggesting that we replay last year's Holy Cross game with you as the coach and/or defensive coordinator. If you took a nap for the afternoon things wouldn't be any worse.

Am I ranting? Is that me? Oh, God, say it isn't me. I love you, Frank. I really do.

carney2
January 30th, 2007, 04:51 PM
You might add Colgate too.. they beat Princeton... but they have games against patsies Cornell and Dartmouth.. but yes Lehigh beats the same teams we play... also, that Lehigh record 8-2 was partially built in years where we did not have the same caliber Pard team as now, and Lehigh was a powerhouse.

Your argument is that Lafayette is improved but is unlucky enough to be playing the top Ivy teams, while Colgate (your example) is playing the "patsies." It is an argument of the moment and ignores the history of this...this phenomenon. Our record vs. the so called Ivy patsies is no better than against the first division teams. Our record against this group of seven in our good years is not significantly better than our record in off years. In order for your argument to have merit you would have to show that Lafayette has been "unlucky" enough to schedule only the best of the Ivy League year in and year out for over 100 years. Even I am not that unlucky. (If you had ever met my mother-in-law, you'd know what I mean.)

Fordham
January 30th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I definitely see Lafayette running the table this year.

cosmo here
January 30th, 2007, 08:29 PM

do you see Lafayette going 11-0 overall, or 6-0 in the league ?

Pards Rule
January 31st, 2007, 08:33 AM

I'll have some of what he's having!

carney2
January 31st, 2007, 10:40 AM
do you see Lafayette going 11-0 overall, or 6-0 in the league ?

Our good friend Fordham has posted this sentiment to every Patsy League schedule thread. What a guy. I gave him a back atcha in the Fordham schedule thread.

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2007, 10:03 AM
Your argument is that Lafayette is improved but is unlucky enough to be playing the top Ivy teams, while Colgate (your example) is playing the "patsies." It is an argument of the moment and ignores the history of this...this phenomenon. Our record vs. the so called Ivy patsies is no better than against the first division teams. Our record against this group of seven in our good years is not significantly better than our record in off years. In order for your argument to have merit you would have to show that Lafayette has been "unlucky" enough to schedule only the best of the Ivy League year in and year out for over 100 years. Even I am not that unlucky. (If you had ever met my mother-in-law, you'd know what I mean.)

No I'm simply refering to Colgate as another team that beats teams we can't beat... mainly Princeton... but they also beat Cornell and Dartmouth, two teams we never really play... and we do have some success against Cornell... we haven't played Brown much either, but we do have a very strong mark vs. Columbia...

No, I am not saying we are unlucky to be scheduling the best, that's why I point out Lehigh... they beat the top tier teams the same seasons we bomb... and yet, we go on to beat Lehigh in some of those seasons... so go figure..

cosmo here
February 1st, 2007, 12:27 PM
Our good friend Fordham has posted this sentiment to every Patsy League schedule thread. What a guy. I gave him a back atcha in the Fordham schedule thread.

Yeah I caught that a little too late. That aside, it would be nice to go 6-0 in the league after sharing it at 5-1 the last three years . .

ngineer
February 1st, 2007, 10:34 PM
No I'm simply refering to Colgate as another team that beats teams we can't beat... mainly Princeton... but they also beat Cornell and Dartmouth, two teams we never really play... and we do have some success against Cornell... we haven't played Brown much either, but we do have a very strong mark vs. Columbia...

No, I am not saying we are unlucky to be scheduling the best, that's why I point out Lehigh... they beat the top tier teams the same seasons we bomb... and yet, we go on to beat Lehigh in some of those seasons... so go figure..

I know, I've been thinking the same thing. But, that's why it's 'any given Saturday'...but also what makes college football great. People are always beating others who beat those who beat the people....Always a mix of physical personnel matchups, coaching schemes, emotion, and mental preparedness:rotateh:

carney2
February 2nd, 2007, 11:34 AM
No I'm simply refering to Colgate as another team that beats teams we can't beat

AND is another team that we cannot beat - despite last year's "first win since the stone age." One more time, and for all of you folks with a quantitative edge to you:

The Evil Eight = Ivy League - Columbia + Colgate

TheValleyRaider
February 2nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Ivy League - Columbia + Colgate

Sounds about right to some of our alumni

Pard4Life
February 2nd, 2007, 01:50 PM
Sounds about right to some of our alumni

xlolx Don't you mean 'Ivy League - Cornell + Colgate' ?

TheValleyRaider
February 2nd, 2007, 04:10 PM
xlolx Don't you mean 'Ivy League - Cornell + Colgate' ?

Columbia/Cornell, Tomato/Tomahto :D

funkyrolln
February 4th, 2007, 03:38 PM
* 9/1 MARIST 6:00 p.m.
* 9/8 at Georgetown
* 9/15 at Penn
* 9/22 PRINCETON 6:00 p.m.
* 9/29 Open
* 10/6 COLUMBIA 6:00 p.m.
* 10/13 at Harvard TBA
* 10/20 FORDHAM* 1:00 p.m.
* 10/27 COLGATE* 1:00 p.m.
* 11/3 BUCKNELL* 1:00 p.m.
* 11/10 at Holy Cross* TBA
* 11/17 at Lehigh* TBA

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-...011907aac.html
LET'S GO FOR THE FOUR PEAT (2004, 2005, 2006,?)

carney2
February 4th, 2007, 03:40 PM
* 9/8 at Georgetown
* 9/15 at Penn
* 9/29 Open
* 10/13 at Harvard TBA
* 11/17 at Lehigh* TBA

First post. Welcome, whoever you are.

LeopardFan04
February 4th, 2007, 03:53 PM
* 9/8 at Georgetown
* 9/15 at Penn
* 9/29 Open
* 10/13 at Harvard TBA
* 11/17 at Lehigh* TBA

welcome funkyrolln...

funkyrolln
February 4th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the invite LEOPARD FAN04

Pard4Life
February 5th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Columbia/Cornell, Tomato/Tomahto :D

xlolx No, Columbia is a serious school... not athletically though, we all know that.. unless we are talking about fencing, water polo, or track... men's bball is having an interesting season though...

Pard4Life
February 5th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the invite LEOPARD FAN04

Cool, another Pard.. welcome funkyrolln

funkyrolln
February 5th, 2007, 06:09 PM
PARD4LIFE..HOW LONG YOU BEEN A FAN OR DID YOU PLAY OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO'D PLAY ON THE TEAM?

Fordham
February 5th, 2007, 06:23 PM
PARD4LIFE..HOW LONG YOU BEEN A FAN OR DID YOU PLAY OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO'D PLAY ON THE TEAM?

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/9811/13/review.waterboy/waterboy.jpg

j/k pard4

Pard4Life
February 6th, 2007, 08:58 AM
http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/9811/13/review.waterboy/waterboy.jpg

j/k pard4

Haha... there are a few close paralells with that one! Oh so relevant... no I was not the waterboy though... xlolx

Pard4Life
February 6th, 2007, 09:01 AM

I'm a young alum and I knew some of the players from the recent title teams.. had alot of contact with the team and athletics in general and have been at almost every game in the past 6-7 seasons.

letsgopards04
February 9th, 2007, 07:46 AM
I am so stoked for this year. I have been lax recently on going to the games but my goal is to make it to half (including the Georgetown game). I am excited about the lights and actually playing a night game. I hope Laf/Lehigh 144 is a night game, that would be so intense. All the Lafayette AGS people should do a tailgate at LL 143.

ngineer
February 9th, 2007, 08:10 AM
I am so stoked for this year. I have been lax recently on going to the games but my goal is to make it to half (including the Georgetown game). I am excited about the lights and actually playing a night game. I hope Laf/Lehigh 144 is a night game, that would be so intense. All the Lafayette AGS people should do a tailgate at LL 143.

I don't see L-L ever being a night game. Too many of us "old timers" attending with spouses with a lot of activities always planned after the games at fraternities, reunion gatherings, etc. With the big crowd, I think there would be greater concerns for security/safety issues as well.

carney2
February 9th, 2007, 08:11 AM
I hope Laf/Lehigh 144 is a night game, that would be so intense.

Chances of that are pretty slim, IMO.

letsgopards04
February 9th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I know they are slim but the scene would be electric nonetheless.

Pard4Life
February 9th, 2007, 08:37 AM
I don't see L-L ever being a night game. Too many of us "old timers" attending with spouses with a lot of activities always planned after the games at fraternities, reunion gatherings, etc. With the big crowd, I think there would be greater concerns for security/safety issues as well.

Not to mention freezing your butt off... but it would create an huge days worth of activities... most people would not even make it to the game... which would be tragic since it is the main event. I think the time is good where it's at now.

Pard4Life
February 9th, 2007, 08:38 AM
With Marist in that first game, I am betting we will see some of our freshman recruits line up at WR... one or two might even start.

carney2
February 9th, 2007, 09:02 AM
xcoffeex
With Marist in that first game, I am betting we will see some of our freshman recruits line up at WR... one or two might even start.

Adair was a starter by the middle of his freshman year. I'm betting that we see Adair plus at least one of these freshmen as starters by the Harvard game.

ngineer
February 9th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Not to mention freezing your butt off... but it would create an huge days worth of activities... most people would not even make it to the game... which would be tragic since it is the main event. I think the time is good where it's at now.

Yeah--forgot that one--and probably most important! Reason most teams in the East don't schedule night games after early October.

Pards Rule
February 12th, 2007, 04:15 PM

I will be there!!!! Marist!!

JMG1MON
February 13th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I was going to be there, but not rooting for Lafayette... Now I have to drive to Maine to see my team play opening weekend. Don't think that is happening (not driving 9 hours up to Orono). Besides, the game is going to get ugly fast. Nine new starters on defense (yikes). Good luck against Marist, I will be pulling for you folks!! Hopefully we can get a game in the future!

Pard4Life
February 13th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I was going to be there, but not rooting for Lafayette... Now I have to drive to Maine to see my team play opening weekend. Don't think that is happening (not driving 9 hours up to Orono). Besides, the game is going to get ugly fast. Nine new starters on defense (yikes). Good luck against Marist, I will be pulling for you folks!! Hopefully we can get a game in the future!

Same here, too bad it did not work out.. maybe by the summer, when the future schedules come out, we will see if Monmouth is still on the Pards future schedule.

Fordham
February 13th, 2007, 08:58 AM

JMG - am I correct that you guys seemed to have a great, great recruiting class? I didn't track it carefully enough but it just seemed that you guys popped up whenever I was looking at PL or CAA schools and seemed to have a bunch of kids who chose you over each league, in many cases. Accurate?

Pard4Life
February 13th, 2007, 09:01 AM
JMG - am I correct that you guys seemed to have a great, great recruiting class? I didn't track it carefully enough but it just seemed that you guys popped up whenever I was looking at PL or CAA schools and seemed to have a bunch of kids who chose you over each league, in many cases. Accurate?

Monmouth got a bunch of good kids from NJ from what I saw in the local paper. Several of them were being recruited by Lafayette and other PL schools, so it probably is accurate MU is going to be good on a yearly basis now.

JMG1MON
February 13th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Monmouth had an excellent class that really addressed their biggest needs, defense. We also picked up a kicker and a speedster out of California for wideout (offered by UNLV and Portland State). Monmouth is starting to recruit against the CAA and PL teams more and more, esp. with the offering of scholarships. Monmouth did lose one recruit from Don Bosco Prep after he chose to go to the Naval Academy. Best of luck to him and I thank him for choosing to protect our country. :bow:

As for the future, I think we are going to continue to get better and better, as will the entire NEC. As Pard said, I think we are going to be good consistently now.

P.S. I know Monmouth lost at least one recruit to Appalachian State and one to UMASS. I'm sure they lost a couple of others here and there to other top teams in FCS.

Fordham
February 13th, 2007, 10:06 AM
kudos - jmg. In taking a look at CCSU, it appears that their class is very loaded with in-state talent and I don't think of CT as a football hotbed. Not sure how Albany's class was but, again, you guys were the ones that really stood out for me in terms of how often your name came up when I was tracking some guys.

I also think we both lost the same kid to Appy St (Bozzo). It kills me that in his i-views he basically says that he contacted THEM.

LUHawker
February 13th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I don't see L-L ever being a night game.

Oh, I don't know about that. This is a few years down the road, but I could see the 150th being televised on ESPN under the lights.

Pard4Life
February 13th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Oh, I don't know about that. This is a few years down the road, but I could see the 150th being televised on ESPN under the lights.

I wouldn't support the night game aspect... however we would host the game... Lehigh gets 175 in.. 2039... and Lafayette gets 200 in.. 2064 :rotateh:

Hope the world is still in one piece.. :rotateh:

letsgopards04
February 13th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I hope I live until I'm 82 to see L/L 200.

boo
February 13th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I haven't seen much, so I wonder if anyone else has any information.

I did find this kid:

Nearly 50 players from Palm Beach County signed on Wednesday. Expect to see just as many find colleges to play for in the weeks to come. On such player signing late was King's Academy's Will Sarubbi, who is headed to Marist College.

~~Boo

cosmo here
February 13th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I haven't seen much, so I wonder if anyone else has any information.

I did find this kid:

Nearly 50 players from Palm Beach County signed on Wednesday. Expect to see just as many find colleges to play for in the weeks to come. On such player signing late was King's Academy's Will Sarubbi, who is headed to Marist College.

~~Boo

right place for this . . ?

DFW HOYA
February 13th, 2007, 12:36 PM
My goal is to make it to half (including the Georgetown game).

Sorry, no seats left. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
February 13th, 2007, 12:36 PM
right place for this . . ?

Sure. It's refreshing to see someone hijack a Lafayette thread for once. xlolx :nod:

cosmo here
February 13th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Sure. It's refreshing to see someone hijack a Lafayette thread for once. xlolx :nod:

:thumbsup:

carney2
February 13th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I hope I live until I'm 82 to see L/L 200.

Be careful. You may get what you wish for. I saw number 100 - a 6-6 tie which each team deserved to lose.

boo
February 13th, 2007, 06:28 PM
:thumbsup:

Sorry bout that. There was discussion about Monmouth recruits and there was mention of following kids who had committed, so I wondered if anyone had heard about Marist this year.

I'll start a new thread.

~~Boo

Pards Rule
February 17th, 2007, 07:25 AM

Agreed! That would be excellent! And for those that wonder, all even year games are played at Lafayette in Easton, PA (that small school on the hill down the road from Lehigh as Tavani calls it).

LUHawker
February 17th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Agreed! That would be excellent! And for those that wonder, all even year games are played at Lafayette in Easton, PA (that small school on the hill down the road from Lehigh as Tavani calls it).

I know that the LC relish that you guys get the big even-dated games, but imagine what happens when we start meeting in the Playoffs! All the planning goes out the window and I don't think it will be long before LU and LC meet in the second round (or later) of the post-season. I'm getting way out on the limb now, but can you imagine and LU-LC championship game?:eek:

ngineer
February 17th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I know that the LC relish that you guys get the big even-dated games, but imagine what happens when we start meeting in the Playoffs! All the planning goes out the window and I don't think it will be long before LU and LC meet in the second round (or later) of the post-season. I'm getting way out on the limb now, but can you imagine and LU-LC championship game?:eek:

I'll have whatever you're taking..................;) :D

Pard4Life
February 20th, 2007, 09:45 AM

It's not that much of a fantasy... it could have happened in 2004... as we all know, Lafayette came within a hair of beating Delaware.. same with Lehigh and to-be champ JMU... Lafayette would have been at William Mary, Lehigh at uh (Furman?), so anything could have happened in round 2 and Laf-Lehigh would have been for the right to go to the title game... don't think we could ahve had finals that week!

carney2
February 20th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I know that the LC relish that you guys get the big even-dated games

I discovered the rule years ago to determine where "this year's" game will be played:

LEHIGH IS ODD.

:) xlolx :nod: :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pards Rule
February 20th, 2007, 03:08 PM
What a matchup!!!!!!!!

Go...gate
February 20th, 2007, 03:59 PM
LC-LU in the playoffs would be more than a rivalry - it would be a spectacle of sport. I would travel to that game, even to Chattanooga.

Fordham
February 20th, 2007, 04:28 PM
WOW! I would seriously consider TIVO'ing that game and then watching it at a time conducive to my schedule.

<obviously kidding fellas - I'd love to see an PL final any way it plays out>

ngineer
February 20th, 2007, 06:24 PM
LC-LU in the playoffs would be more than a rivalry - it would be a spectacle of sport. I would travel to that game, even to Chattanooga.

Sheeeeaat--most of us would travel to anywhere for that game--that would be a game that would get a big crowd, too, if it were held regionally--i.e. Rutgers stadium would be a good venue.

carney2
February 24th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I was in Easton earlier today and went a little out of my way to check out progress on the new Varsity House. The shell is up and pretty well completed. It changes everything - absolutely everything - about a football game at Fisher. It is now a very intimate setting. No more "wide open spaces," and it will be very difficult for your attention to drift from what is on the field. I think that what we liked last year, we are going to love this year. I hope that the powers that be got the same "feel" that I did this past year at the Lehigh game when those temporaries at the Kirby end of the field gave everything that "horseshoe" feel and made it even more intimate. I'd like to see them do that for every Lehigh game, and for all of those playoff games we are going to host.

Pards Rule
February 26th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Great Carney! Hope to see it soon. Here's a would you believe: the new Goddard School opened in Forks Twp (behind the new Walgreens). It has a beautiful mural in the lobby of a jungle scene with lots of animals - but not one leopard!!! My feelings have been shared about that with the ownership!!

Pard4Life
February 27th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I was in Easton earlier today and went a little out of my way to check out progress on the new Varsity House. The shell is up and pretty well completed. It changes everything - absolutely everything - about a football game at Fisher. It is now a very intimate setting. No more "wide open spaces," and it will be very difficult for your attention to drift from what is on the field. I think that what we liked last year, we are going to love this year. I hope that the powers that be got the same "feel" that I did this past year at the Lehigh game when those temporaries at the Kirby end of the field gave everything that "horseshoe" feel and made it even more intimate. I'd like to see them do that for every Lehigh game, and for all of those playoff games we are going to host.

Undoubtedly those bleachers are going to be there... it's extra ticket revenue, and adds to the seats that were subtracted via construction.

carney2
February 27th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Undoubtedly those bleachers are going to be there... it's extra ticket revenue, and adds to the seats that were subtracted via construction.

And you have to believe that the cost is minimal. I'm betting that they take College empoyees (who are being paid anyway) and College vehicles, just send them to Metzgar to remove the bleachers up there.

Pards Rule
February 27th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Do they still need to "box" the Leopard, Lafayette, etc?? I thought I saw Lafayette unboxed the Friday evening before the Game last November?? For those of you wondering, to prevent these campus icons from being painted, etc. a large wooden box would be placed over the Leopard, General Lafayette and some other similar statues on campus (anyone add any more that were boxed?)...

Pard94
February 27th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Do they still need to "box" the Leopard, Lafayette, etc?? I thought I saw Lafayette unboxed the Friday evening before the Game last November?? Fot those of you wondering, to prevent these campus icons from being painted, etc. a large wooden box would be placed over the Leopard, General Lafayette and some other similar statues on campus (anyone add any more that were boxed?)...

Alas, they stopped boxing the Leopard in my final years (93, 94). Perhaps with the new intensity on LC and LU as pwerhouses in the league the Rivalry will heat up to the point of digging out the old boxes. I'd love to see that.