PDA

View Full Version : Traditions

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 02:22 PM
What are your school's gameday traditions?

I know there's probably been another thread like this, but I'm to lazy to look.

Tribe4SF
January 28th, 2007, 03:32 PM
xlolx And we're all too lazy to repost.:D

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13374
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12506
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7162
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2659
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2594

Grizalltheway
January 28th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Firing of the cannon after a score at wa-griz

PaladinFan
January 28th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Paladin Walk, FU all the time, and the Death Dealer (Who I hope will one day ride again)

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 04:02 PM
yawn. this thread has been done many, many times.

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks Tribe.

NoCoDanny
January 28th, 2007, 05:13 PM
We roll out a welcome mat on the visitor's sideline.

pcguy09
January 28th, 2007, 05:53 PM
At Presbyterian College,

Pre-Game: The football players walk around the backside of fraternity court,in two straight lines with their heads up and not speaking. and all the brothers of each of the houses start yelling and stuff, they are led by two bagpipesmen who play a song while the walk to the football stadium

Run Out: We play a video clip of braveheart on the jumbotron of this:

William Wallace: And if this is your army, why does it go?
Soldier: We didn't come here to fight for them.
Second Soldier: Home, the English are too many!
William Wallace: Sons of Scotland! I am William Wallace.
Second Soldier: William Wallace is seven feet tall!
William Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
[Scottish army laughs]
William Wallace: I AM William Wallace! And I see a whole army of my country men, here, in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?
Soldier: Against that? No, we'll run, and we'll live.
William Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

We also have a dude dressed as a scotsman run the football team out as the cheerleaders line the field

poly51
January 28th, 2007, 06:04 PM
On the north end of Mustang Stadium the is a stone memorial to the 1960 Cal Poly Football Team of which 17 members died in a plane crash at the Toledo Airport following a game with Bowling Green. After warm ups before each game the Cal Poly team files by and touches the Memorial. The crash was 46 years ago and they still do this.

The Gadfly
January 28th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Some of us have tried to find something to rally around @ Coastal, but as long as we keep winning... why start.

Here are some ideas that are starting to stick:

The Strut = Cheering/yelling at the guys as they walk from the locker room to the field.

"C-I. . .N-O" = an achronym chanted meaning Coastal Is Number One.

"Hail to the Chants" = another chant

The Pilgramage = the different Coastal tailgating groups getting together for away games for this massive tailgate.

There has also been other things like hand signs (the claw) and other ideas that haven't hit the ground running.

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Some of us have tried to find something to rally around @ Coastal, but as long as we keep winning... why start.

The Strut = Cheering/yelling at the guys as they walk from the locker room to the field.

The Pilgramage = the different Coastal tailgating groups getting together for away games for this massive tailgate.

There has also been other things like hand signs (the claw) and other ideas that haven't hit the ground running.

My personal fave is something done mostly in the band. Someone yells: "SOMEBODY SAY GO CHANTS!" and every one around them then replies: "GO CHANTS!"

MarkCCU
January 28th, 2007, 06:44 PM

yup..the claw won't catch on...IMHO

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 06:46 PM
yup..the claw won't catch on...IMHO

I don't know if i've ever seen it. Who does it? What does it look like?

rokamortis
January 28th, 2007, 06:50 PM

You make a fist and then extend the middle finger ... oops, wrong hand sign :rotateh:

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 07:02 PM
You make a fist and then extend the middle finger ... oops, wrong hand sign :rotateh:

xlolx

MarkCCU
January 28th, 2007, 07:03 PM

Do the "Ok" signl, but openthe space between the index and thumb. The three fingers also represent the 3 conference wins we currently hold and is mostly done by players and those close to players like Gadfly.

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Do the "Ok" signl, but openthe space between the index and thumb. The three fingers also represent the 3 conference wins we currently hold and is mostly done by players and those close to players like Gadfly.

Dang... I'm gonna have to start doing that. I like it.

ButlerGSU
January 28th, 2007, 07:23 PM
What are your school's gameday traditions?

Win.

NDSUFREAK
January 28th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Putting hands up in the air before kickoff, TAILGATE, football intro, running out of a helmet, calling Coach Bohl to the sidelines to high five him.

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Win.

Hope that doesn't happen Sept. 15th in Conway.

JMU_Fan_2007
January 28th, 2007, 07:50 PM
at jmu, on gameday, we'll beat you.

oh, wait... was this not the smack board?

EKU05
January 28th, 2007, 09:45 PM
At EKU on homecoming a fictional person (the name is eluding me at the moment) is always paged to the press box during the third quarter.

We also have...

-The "Colonel Walk"

-Students on "the hill" behind the endzone

-The players gather to sing a traditional Appalachian folk song called "Cabin on the Hill" after all wins (home or away).

-Playing cornhole in the tailgating parking lot.

-After all EKU scores a cannon is fired, and the Colonel himself is hoisted up on a platform by the male cheerleaders to do one pushup for each EKU point on the scoreboard.

-"Go Big E!" is the traditional cheer

-EKU is in a minority of schools that have two fight songs...both were are entirely original to EKU in terms of words and music, but neither makes any kind of a reference to the "Colonels" since they both were written back when Eastern teams were still known as the "Maroons." After touchdowns they usually play "Hail, Hail Eastern Maroons" followed by "Yea Eastern! (Rally Maroon and White)" after the PAT.

-The band marches all the way from the Stephen Foster music building across campus and to the front of Roy Kidd Stadium where they pause for a pregame show in the shaddow of the stadium before filing in.

:hurray:

The Gadfly
January 30th, 2007, 03:16 PM
There was an idea of a "claw" thrown around coastalfans.com but there is one that is becoming more and more popular around campus called "The Chanticleer" which is pretty much like the one discribed by Catfish. It was started by the Volleyball team last season.

http://photos-070.facebook.com/ip006/object/1572/52/n2205017070_33894.jpg

lizrdgizrd
January 30th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Win.
Wow, BVG really did trash your traditions. xlolx xlolx xlolx

NoCoDanny
January 30th, 2007, 04:35 PM
-Playing cornhole in the tailgating parking lot.

:( :bawling: : smh : :eek: :nonono2: :nono:

Walkon79
January 30th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Losing to a D2 School:o :o :o :o :o

Walkon79
January 30th, 2007, 04:57 PM

Annually!!

Seven Would Be Nice
January 30th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Drink lots of beer in the parking lot, and potentially go into the stadium and watch the game. Get really drunk after the games regardless of its outcome. Either drink to celebrate or drink to forget.

SU Jag
January 30th, 2007, 07:35 PM

Who is Alabama State!:D

Thats the answer right?:D

Dabnus Brickey
January 31st, 2007, 08:47 AM
That claw idea is on coastalfans.com. I posted about it there too. It looks like you're smoking a doobie!!! I'm hoping that doesn't catch on.

Footix
January 31st, 2007, 09:26 AM
That claw idea is on coastalfans.com. I posted about it there too. It looks like you're smoking a doobie!!! I'm hoping that doesn't catch on.

The claw idea needs to go away quickly!

MarkCCU
January 31st, 2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks DB and Gadfly..two great Chanticleers

cowbellnation
January 31st, 2007, 11:37 AM
after every first down at south dakota state university, the best college marching band in the land "the pride of the dakotas" plays, that's the way we like it, and the students sing along

dunt dunt dunt dunt dunt FIRST DOWN!
THAT'S THE WAY uh huh uh huh
WE LIKE IT
uh huh uh huh
THAT's THE WAY uh huh uh huh
WE LIKE IT
dunt dunt dunt
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

and you cannot forget the cowbell, the ever present symbol at SDSU

past couple years we have adopted the Christopher Walkin, and Will Ferrell SNL Blue Oyster Cult More Cowbell skit

Walkin-Guess What?
SDSU Student Body-WHAT!
Walkin-I Got A Fever
SDSU Student Body-O YEAH!
Walkin-And The Only Prescription Is More Cowbell
Thousands of Jackrabbit Faithful-Ringing Their Cowbells

Walkon79
January 31st, 2007, 02:34 PM
Who is Alabama State!:D

Thats the answer right?:D

No, this year it was Chadron State