PDA

View Full Version : Idiot ETSU assistant coach....

Daytripper
June 27th, 2017, 11:14 AM
http://newschannel9.com/news/local/asst-etsu-football-coach-suspended-after-threatening-to-hang-hotel-clerk-from-a-noose
A

East Tennessee State University confirms it has suspended Defensive Line Football Coach Jeffrey Scott Brumett after a weekend arrest in Chattanooga. According to court paperwork, Brumett threatened to kill, beat, and hang a hotel clerk "from a noose" because his room key card didn't work.

kdinva
June 27th, 2017, 11:18 AM
awful late to have to replace a full time assistant coach......but it is what it is...... this man's career just went...... xsplatx

Bucs2016
June 27th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Well that escalated quickly.......

On a side note thats the most aggression we've seen from the ETSU D line in years so...cup half full?

RootinFerDukes
June 27th, 2017, 12:11 PM
good lord, all of that over a room key? so much for southern hospitality. Given that he was drunk too, perhaps he just wasn't using it correctly?

Daytripper
June 27th, 2017, 12:12 PM
I'm going to guess alcohol was involved.

Laker
June 27th, 2017, 12:17 PM

I don't think that we can blame chocolate milk for this one.

dgtw
June 27th, 2017, 12:31 PM

He was charged with public intoxication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucs2016
June 27th, 2017, 01:11 PM
good lord, all of that over a room key? so much for southern hospitality. Given that he was drunk too, perhaps he just wasn't using it correctly?

In 2012 Steve Spurriers QB coach at USC was caught pissing in public on the popular Main Street bar district in Green Greenville SC. The GPD offered several times to just give dude a ride back to his hotel, no charge no report. He responds with "**** you do you know who I am!!?" What idiots alcohol makes of us. He went to jail.

- - - Updated - - -

Russians hacked his brain - CNN.

ASU33
June 27th, 2017, 02:37 PM
xsmhx

citdog
June 27th, 2017, 03:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96jkQ7kJohs

cx500d
June 27th, 2017, 04:51 PM

Was this a hotel room you rent by the hour also?

BisonFan02
June 27th, 2017, 05:00 PM
**** happens when you party naked.

GodHelpTheBears
June 27th, 2017, 05:28 PM
I found his brother from another mother...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGsLjc0ym4A

ElCid
June 27th, 2017, 05:57 PM

Ya think!

cx500d
June 27th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Was this a hotel room you rent by the hour also?

He most likely had a ho already on the clock

catamount man
June 27th, 2017, 08:13 PM
Too much fun at T-Bones cafe I would guess. Not that me and about 100 Griz fans would pass judgement. What a tool. Bye bye Johnson City.

POD Knows
June 27th, 2017, 09:26 PM
He most likely had a ho already on the clock

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWell, if he has a ho on the clock and this desk clerk guy gave him one of those plastic keys that didn't work, that **** is costing him money, I am starting to understand the dude.

cx500d
June 27th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Well, if he has a ho on the clock and this desk clerk guy gave him one of those plastic keys that didn't work, that **** is costing him money, I am starting to understand the dude.

See, thats what I was thinking....Nothing worse than getting a room on the 45th floor, getting up there, the key doesn't work, and having to come all the way down again. Then if you have a ho on the clock, it is costing you money and perhaps a chance at a 2nd round.

BisonFan02
June 27th, 2017, 10:18 PM
See, thats what I was thinking....Nothing worse than getting a room on the 45th floor, getting up there, the key doesn't work, and having to come all the way down again. Then if you have a ho on the clock, it is costing you money and perhaps a chance at a 2nd round.

#MSOG xlolx

Wanna see the POD mad? Mess with his accommodations. :D

Milktruck74
June 28th, 2017, 05:55 AM
Kinda difficult to recruit a black kid in the south after word gets out that you threatened to "string up" a black hotel desk clerk.......This will follow him for a while.

POD Knows
June 28th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Kinda difficult to recruit a black kid in the south after word gets out that you threatened to "string up" a black hotel desk clerk.......This will follow him for a while.#buttho'sontheclock

POD Knows
June 28th, 2017, 09:07 AM
#MSOG xlolx

Wanna see the POD mad? Mess with his accommodations. :DOh ****, that time they gave away my guaranteed room in Fort Lauderdale when I arrived late, I thought I was going to end up in the morning papers, luckily, they put us up in The Atlantic there and redeemed themselves.

Panther88
June 28th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Kinda difficult to recruit a black kid in the south after word gets out that you threatened to "string up" a black hotel desk clerk.......This will follow him for a while.

I seriously don't think so. There could've been a black hung on any southern PWCU campus and the following day, plenty of dumbling black boys will line up eagerly to "run dat ball boy." History doesn't lie (see univ of alabama, ole miss, et al for great examples).

BisonFan02
June 28th, 2017, 11:14 AM
I seriously don't think so. There could've been a black hung on any southern PWCU campus and the following day, plenty of dumbling black boys will line up eagerly to "run dat ball boy." History doesn't lie (see univ of alabama, ole miss, et al for great examples).

Sounds like a personal problem. Blog about it.

Panther88
June 28th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Sounds like a personal problem. Blog about it.

Not required. Sounds more like a personal opinion. Should the blog still ensue?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Too much fun at T-Bones cafe I would guess. Not that me and about 100 Griz fans would pass judgement. What a tool. Bye bye Johnson City.

For sure man. But, none of us acted like a ****head after going there so I sure don't get it. Probably should have went to Porkers for a good alcohol soaking dinner before heading out. That always helps later on.

ASU33
June 28th, 2017, 01:17 PM

You'd be surprised how forgetful we are when it comes to stuff like this. Yes it would have an impact but you'd still be able to get black kids on campus.

Panther88
June 28th, 2017, 01:36 PM
You'd be surprised how forgetful we are when it comes to stuff like this. Yes it would have an impact but you'd still be able to get black kids on campus.

Yep. xreadx Sidebar: I wonder what church Nick Saban attends on Sunday mornings? I also wonder if any of his "assistant coaches" lol attend his same church? xlolx :D [already know it's catholic, naturally ;) ]

ASU33
June 28th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Yep. xreadx Sidebar: I wonder what church Nick Saban attends on Sunday mornings? I also wonder if any of his "assistant coaches" lol attend his same church? xlolx :D [already know it's catholic, naturally ;) ]

Nick Saban kicks it in Alberta City with Ced and listens to Migos. That buys him a helluva lot of credibility with recruits.

Panther88
June 28th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Nick Saban kicks it in Alberta City with Ced and listens to Migos. That buys him a helluva lot of credibility with recruits.

Obviously. Saban plays the game quite well as he shifts into "brother" mode. :D The funniest one was watching the chameleon zen master @ work, Tom Herman (@UofH). When he and his handlers went after "whatitdobabey?!" to get "slugged out," I lmao! They even had him listening to S&C'd music on vogues lol. I guess former #1 recruit big Ed didn't have a choice BUT to choose UofH over Alabama when you have a coach who can easily put on a cloak of being a "brother." :D PWCU basketball coaches are notoriously the worst, imho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiOkLiNAeFs

cx500d
June 28th, 2017, 04:51 PM
#MSOG xlolx

Wanna see the POD mad? Mess with his accommodations. :D

If we get back to Frisco in 2018, PM me with his accommodation info....

POD Knows
June 28th, 2017, 05:08 PM
If we get back to Frisco in 2018, PM me with his accommodation info....I am staying at your place, need to save for retirement, gotta keep those Holiday Inn points in the bank. I might just sleep in my car the next time I go down there. If they would let me into the Tailgate lot a couple days early, that is probably what I would do.

cx500d
June 28th, 2017, 05:09 PM
I am staying at your place, need to save for retirement, gotta keep those Holiday Inn points in the bank. I might just sleep in my car the next time I go down there. If they would let me into the Tailgate lot a couple days early, that is probably what I would do.

With your big camper rig?

POD Knows
June 28th, 2017, 05:14 PM
With your big camper rig?Nah, my Dodge Ram 1500, throw a small mattress in the box, curl up in the fetal position and crash. I never sleep when I am down there anyway.

cx500d
June 28th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Nah, my Dodge Ram 1500, throw a small mattress in the box, curl up in the fetal position and crash. I never sleep when I am down there anyway.

Bring a blue tarp because its going to rain per the long range forecast.

Milktruck74
June 28th, 2017, 09:27 PM

The MountainPirates ain't Bama or Ole Miss....you might get an SEC game every other year and get beat by 50....No redeeming value. People are willing to look past stupidity, for the right price but ETSU can't cash THAT check!!!! Ol'Boy had to go!!!!

caribbeanhen
June 28th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Bring a blue tarp because its going to rain per the long range forecast.

blue tarp.... I bet that reminds you of some of your old Caribbean friends trying to hide from you.....

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, my Dodge Ram 1500, throw a small mattress in the box, curl up in the fetal position and crash. I never sleep when I am down there anyway.

you would of made a good sailor POD, I like your approach

cx500d
June 28th, 2017, 09:57 PM
blue tarp.... I bet that reminds you of some of your old Caribbean friends trying to hide from you.....

- - - Updated - - -

you would of made a good sailor POD, I like your approach

I thought of that as I typed it....Pod doing blue tarp ops...

POD Knows
June 28th, 2017, 10:09 PM
I thought of that as I typed it....Pod doing blue tarp ops...I actually have a blue tarp, it is folded up next to my propane heaters with my tailgating gear.

POD Knows
June 28th, 2017, 10:11 PM

- - - Updated - - -

you would of made a good sailor POD, I like your approachI have slept in a lot worse places than the bed of a pick-up.

BisonFan02
June 28th, 2017, 10:11 PM
I actually have a blue tarp, it is folded up next to my propane heaters with my tailgating gear.

ah........memories. xlolx

caribbeanhen
June 28th, 2017, 10:12 PM
I actually have a blue tarp, it is folded up next to my propane heaters with my tailgating gear.

don't tell me you have a yellow rain slicker as well, I don't know if CX could see those from his lofty view

cx500d
June 28th, 2017, 10:14 PM
don't tell me you have a yellow rain slicker as well, I don't know if CX could see those from his lofty view

If he has a yellow slicker of course I can. We were usually very adept at finding sailboats/catamarans/trimarans with topless and nude women sunbathing on them also; they warranted a highspeed 200' pass.

POD Knows
June 28th, 2017, 10:15 PM
don't tell me you have a yellow rain slicker as well, I don't know if CX could see those from his lofty viewI do but it is in a building that I no longer have access to, I donated it to the "company" I work for.

caribbeanhen
June 28th, 2017, 10:18 PM
I do but it is in a building that I no longer have access to, I donated it to the "company" I work for.

well if you have a blue tarp and a yellow rain slicker your in the wrong business..... it's a Caribbean thing though

POD Knows
June 28th, 2017, 10:20 PM
well if you have a blue tarp and a yellow rain slicker your in the wrong business..... it's a Caribbean thing thoughI have no clue what you and 500 are talking about, but it sounds interesting.

cx500d
June 28th, 2017, 10:21 PM
I have no clue what you and 500 are talking about, but it sounds interesting.

I guess you had to be there.....lots of good times in caribhens backyard....

POD Knows
June 28th, 2017, 10:29 PM
I guess you had to be there.....lots of good times in caribhens backyard....

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhat, Delaware?? :D

cx500d
June 28th, 2017, 10:31 PM
What, Delaware?? :D

No, Caribbean!

caribbeanhen
June 28th, 2017, 10:39 PM
No, Caribbean!

things have slowed down on the migrant flow, no surprise given the dead economy down here, but the big reason is they finally changed the policy on Cubans meaning if they make it to Mona or Monito they go right back now.....

Drugs still flowing strong......

we don't have to deal with this crap anymore

"Upon noticing the presence of law enforcement authorities in the area, smugglers proceeded to cover the migrant vessel with a blue tarp in an attempt to avoid detection and continued to transit towards Monito Island, where four Cubans jumped into the water and were trapped below the island’s cliff waterline unable to reach safety.

The migrant vessel proceeded to transit towards Mona Island, where the remaining 12 migrants jumped into the water and began swimming towards shore. "

POD Knows
June 28th, 2017, 10:39 PM
No, Caribbean!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI know, I was just messing with you. Nothing interesting happens in Delaware, unless you consider companies incorporating there as interesting.

caribbeanhen
June 30th, 2017, 09:49 PM
I know, I was just messing with you. Nothing interesting happens in Delaware, unless you consider companies incorporating there as interesting.

as compared to where? North Dakota..... haha

kdinva
July 3rd, 2017, 07:38 PM
coachingsearch.com says Coach Brumett has officially been "dismissed/fired".....

Panther88
July 5th, 2017, 11:31 AM
coachingsearch.com says Coach Brumett has officially been "dismissed/fired".....

Sad situation. I sincerely do not believe he should have been fired, if true. xsmhx

Daytripper
July 5th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Sad situation. I sincerely do not believe he should have been fired, if true. xsmhx

Disagree. He was a representative of the school. How are the student-athletes expected to be accountable for their actions if the coaches aren't?

RootinFerDukes
July 5th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Disagree. He was a representative of the school. How are the student-athletes expected to be accountable for their actions if the coaches aren't?

Bingo. I'd seriously question a school that keeps someone on after an incident like that.

Panther88
July 5th, 2017, 05:29 PM

So, if a student-athlete utters the same words to a staffer do they fire him/her too? xconfusedx This is a slippery slope, imho.

kdinva
July 5th, 2017, 05:50 PM
So, if a student-athlete utters the same words to a staffer do they fire him/her too? xconfusedx This is a slippery slope, imho.

would never happen in Lexington......or Charleston...

RootinFerDukes
July 6th, 2017, 06:14 AM

Players get suspended in programs all the time for a "violation of team rules". Some of them never see the field again.

Daytripper
July 6th, 2017, 07:05 AM

Context is everything. This coach was drunk and belligerent and threatened to kill a person over a room key. Coaches should be held to an even higher standard than players. They are supposed to be role models. I imagine the player would probably be given a less harsh punishments (suspension).

Panther88
July 6th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Context is everything. This coach was drunk and belligerent and threatened to kill a person over a room key. Coaches should be held to an even higher standard than players. They are supposed to be role models. I imagine the player would probably be given a less harsh punishments (suspension).

+1. I agree w/ what you're saying. I was slightly confused why there was no next-step progression of probation/required training before termination. The drug abuse (being drunk).... man... that's tough.

Bisonoline
July 6th, 2017, 12:37 PM
+1. I agree w/ what you're saying. I was slightly confused why there was no next-step progression of probation/required training before termination. The drug abuse (being drunk).... man... that's tough.

We also dont know if there were previous issues that were handled internally.

chattownmocs
July 6th, 2017, 11:28 PM
Wasn't there a racial component as well? You aren't going to survive that.