PDA

View Full Version : NDSU lands ex-GSU RB

Baldy
January 27th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Bison recruit a ‘steal’ (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=154379&section=Sports&forumcomm_check_return&freebie_check&CFID=17183918&CFTOKEN=48858905&jsessionid=88304a7f3dac49721247)
"Patrick Paschall’s road that started at a high school in Atlanta and then to Georgia Southern and later Dodge City Community College in Kansas has found another destination: North Dakota State.

All of that and he hasn’t played a down of college football.

Still, the Bison think enough of the 6-foot-1, 210-pound running back to make him part of their 2007 recruiting class. Paschall gave NDSU a verbal commitment."

Pat seemed he could probably turn into one hell of a player. I remember him from the 2005 spring game, shifty and quick for a 6'1" back could make people miss too. A good pick-up for the Bison.

Blueandwhitefightfight
January 27th, 2007, 01:24 PM
They can have him. He broke team rules, which is why he was released. I'm not worried about our RB situation because we have the Oklahoma St. transfer (who was the Big 12 Freshman Offensive Player of the Year), Lamar Lewis (Florida St. transfer), and Chris Covington (POWER).

We have 3 solid running backs plus 2 decent FB's to pave the way and that is plenty enough to keep a defense off balance as far the run game goes.

Bison05
January 27th, 2007, 01:55 PM
They can have him. He broke team rules, which is why he was released. I'm not worried about our RB situation because we have the Oklahoma St. transfer (who was the Big 12 Freshman Offensive Player of the Year), Lamar Lewis (Florida St. transfer), and Chris Covington (POWER).

We have 3 solid running backs plus 2 decent FB's to pave the way and that is plenty enough to keep a defense off balance as far the run game goes.

I dont know about the OSU transfer, but you can have the other 2; they played very poorly in the game against NDSU.xlolx

In all honesty, it would be nice to hear more from GSU posters about this kid. We also are a little bit worried about whether taking him is a gamble, but we should be fine at running back anyway, so I guess the coaches felt that they could take the risk.

citdog
January 27th, 2007, 02:16 PM
What do you have to do to get run out of the GSU Program? Kind of scary! They tolerate drunk drivers, weed smokers, etc.

blueballs
January 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
What do you have to do to get run out of the GSU Program? Kind of scary! They tolerate drunk drivers, weed smokers, etc.

It doesn't make them a bad person...xlolx

Baldy
January 27th, 2007, 02:26 PM
How bout this, Chitadel 'man'.
Charlie Taaffe Chitadel head coach 2 DUI's. Nuff said. :nod:

BigApp
January 27th, 2007, 02:43 PM
didn't he get those after his stint ended?

I don't know the answer, I'm just axin'

Baldy
January 27th, 2007, 02:57 PM
didn't he get those after his stint ended?

I don't know the answer, I'm just axin'
Nope. He got suspended after his second DUI.

Blueandwhitefightfight
January 27th, 2007, 03:04 PM

#1, They don't tolerate it. The DUI was dealt with, the public just didn't hear about it but it was definately dealt with. They don't put up with marijuana at all. Many people have been kicked off the team because of it. The two guys who were in the car w/ a dude who had it last season were let off because it wasn't their's AND they tested negative for it.

#2, The new coach won't put up with any BS at all.

Try again and get your facts straight.

BigApp
January 27th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Nope. He got suspended after his second DUI.

OK. I didn't know. thanks

Blueandwhitefightfight
January 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I dont know about the OSU transfer, but you can have the other 2; they played very poorly in the game against NDSU.xlolx

In all honesty, it would be nice to hear more from GSU posters about this kid. We also are a little bit worried about whether taking him is a gamble, but we should be fine at running back anyway, so I guess the coaches felt that they could take the risk.

If you want to compare the 4, he would be #4 on the depth chart.

Like I said, you guys can have him.

citdog
January 27th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Charlie had his day in court and was found not guilty by a jury. The second time he was fired. We fired the coach who brought us our first SoCon champ in 30 years and brought our program to NATIONAL PROMINENCE by defeating Navy, Army, South Carolina, and Arkansas. Would your school have done that?

ButlerGSU
January 27th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Charlie had his day in court and was found not guilty by a jury. The second time he was fired. We fired the coach who brought us our first SoCon champ in 30 years and brought our program to NATIONAL PROMINENCE by defeating Navy, Army, South Carolina, and Arkansas. Would your school have done that?

Where was I when the Citadel football program was at National Prominence???

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GoldandBlack
January 27th, 2007, 04:13 PM
He meant the Free and Independent Nation of Charleston - they don't recognize anyone else.

BisBison
January 27th, 2007, 04:18 PM
If you want to compare the 4, he would be #4 on the depth chart.

Like I said, you guys can have him.

Like you said , we HAVE him, for better or worse. We'll see about the team rules thing. I think everyone deserves a second chance, if he can't behave in Fargo he won't be around here very long either.

Blueandwhitefightfight
January 27th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Like you said , we HAVE him, for better or worse. We'll see about the team rules thing. I think everyone deserves a second chance, if he can't behave in Fargo he won't be around here very long either.

I agree people deserve a second chance and hope he does well up there. Your coach seems to have a great head on his shoulders and will do great things up there. I can't see him putting up with much crap.

Kill'em
January 27th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Paschall was touted as almost the second coming. I never got to see him play but there were folks telling me he was going to be special. My loss. :bawling:

Kill'em
January 27th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Uhh, we were already in national prominence.

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 27th, 2007, 06:19 PM

You guys had an AWESOME rush D this year, though. We were very deep at RB this year and you guys stuffed us like we hardly ever get stuffed. And plus, our passing game didn't do a good job of taking pressure off of the running game, and sine the option was gone, the RBs had to do it themselves, and they got more yards on you than even Minnesota did (correct me if I am wrong).

The running game will be a big part of our success in the upcoming season.:D

By the way, why is this OSU guy coming to GSU? I hope he's not going to be trouble...

seantaylor
January 27th, 2007, 06:25 PM

Nope. We just fired the Socon's winningest coach in the last 5 years. El Chit would have built Mike Sewak the Taj Mahal.

CCU97
January 27th, 2007, 06:29 PM
He meant the Free and Independent Nation of Charleston - they don't recognize anyone else.

Actually Horry County holds that claim...the Independent Republic of Horry....they actually never rejoined the Union...the only county in SC that did not when the state returned to the Union....

Although I know what you mean about Charleston...was born there and then lived there again from 00-05...it definitely has a certain sense of self.

Bison05
January 27th, 2007, 07:23 PM
You guys had an AWESOME rush D this year, though. We were very deep at RB this year and you guys stuffed us like we hardly ever get stuffed. And plus, our passing game didn't do a good job of taking pressure off of the running game, and sine the option was gone, the RBs had to do it themselves, and they got more yards on you than even Minnesota did (correct me if I am wrong).
The running game will be a big part of our success in the upcoming season.:D

By the way, why is this OSU guy coming to GSU? I hope he's not going to be trouble...

No Minnesota got 99 yds rushing, you guys had 65. Neither team did very well.:thumbsup:

NDSUFREAK
January 27th, 2007, 09:31 PM

I'm sure the coaching staff can set him straight. Especially Coach Bohl when he puts him through the summer work outs.

BisBison
January 28th, 2007, 10:02 AM
I'm sure the coaching staff can set him straight. Especially Coach Bohl when he puts him through the summer work outs.

Agreed, I think he'll be just fine. I'm guessing this guy is ready for some football.

ButlerGSU
January 28th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Agreed, I think he'll be just fine. I'm guessing this guy is ready for some football.

I'm sure he is, hopefully he has worked his problems out and is ready for his second chance. G'luck!

Kill'em
January 28th, 2007, 10:13 AM

It's already been posted but it is true. Our trouble running the football started when our passing game failed. Funny thing is, this game was the start of it, I believe.

WYOBISONMAN
January 29th, 2007, 01:22 PM
It seems a somewhat risky recruit, but then again, Bohl must see something he likes. I hope it works out.

blueballs
January 29th, 2007, 02:30 PM
It seems a somewhat risky recruit, but then again, Bohl must see something he likes. I hope it works out.

Paschall was recruited to be Jermaine Austin's successor (in a triple option scheme). His football talent/ability was never the issue at GSU. If he has the discipline issues corrected he can and probably will be a good player for NDSU.

RabidRabbit
January 29th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Paschall was touted as almost the second coming. I never got to see him play but there were folks telling me he was going to be special. My loss. :bawling:

Unless GSU buys out, should get a chance to see him in game at Fargo in '08! :eyebrow:

WYOBISONMAN
January 29th, 2007, 08:24 PM
GSU will honor their commitment.....

Kill'em
January 29th, 2007, 08:32 PM
We will honor it and it will be interesting to see what he will do against our defense. Actually, I am curious to see what kind of defense we will have.