PDA

View Full Version : Athlon's Projected FCS Playoff Teams

SU DOG
June 7th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Interesting

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/projected-fcs-playoff-qualifiers-2017

citdog
June 7th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Craig needs to correct some facts. The Southern Conference had 4 teams in the Playoffs last season. Also The Citadel will be in there again but his opinion is is opinion.

Bucs2016
June 7th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Glad to see they think we make it. Its us or Kennesaw and I think we're still the better team even though they're gonna be very good very very soon.

Dont see The Citadel missing playoffs. I also think Wofford wins the SoCon, but Citadel will finish no worse than 3rd and get an at large.

Keeper
June 8th, 2017, 03:06 AM
Haley may be looking at the fact that Citadel loses 8 starters on offense this season, including 4 out of 5 on the O-line.
Also, fairly tough conf road lineup. Losing all-American Dee Delaney to Miami doesn't help.

citdog
June 8th, 2017, 04:36 AM
Haley may be looking at the fact that Citadel loses 8 starters on offense this season, including 4 out of 5 on the O-line.
Also, fairly tough conf road lineup. Losing all-American Dee Delaney to Miami doesn't help.

That's why the first 4 weeks of the season are set up so well. By the time we get to the nitty gritty we should have some fellas broke in.

BEAR
June 8th, 2017, 07:24 AM
I think for the Southland once the top 2 teams from last year get through the first 4 weeks, it will be ( should be ) pretty obvious if they are playoff bound.

Sam Houston has:

Richmond - Tough game. Could be a win ... could be a loss. Great matchup though.
Prairie View- Should be an easy win but SHSU has had a history of losing easy games like this.
Nicholls- SHSU won last year 38-21. While I think this is likely a win, it won't be an easy one.
UCA- Alright Coach Campbell at UCA has seen the Bearkat offense. Can he scheme enough to change last years horrible debacle.

Predicted: 3-1 but Nicholls and UCA may pull an upset.

UCA has:

Kansas State- I'm not even going to address this loss.
Murray State- I'm leaning toward a win.
Southeastern Louisiana- A tossup game. Seriously. But I think with 2 games under their belt the Bears win.
Sam Houston- Loss. that dang pass defense has got to show up or it will be another easy throw over the top day for the Bearkats.

Predicted: 2-2. K-State and SHSU losses.

The rest of the schedules should be wins for both teams with the exception of McNeese coming to UCA and maybe the SLU game with SHSU.

Sammy94
June 8th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Prairie View- Should be an easy win but SHSU has had a history of losing easy games like this.

I don't recall us ever losing to a SWAC school. Maybe you are confused thinking of SFA??

Bucs2016
June 8th, 2017, 09:00 AM

True but with good triple option teams its just plug and play. Wofford, Ga Tech, Navy etc its why they're all so consistently good. The system allows turnover without much drop off. Ive said for years I wanted CSU and my favorite FBS team the USG Gamecocks to run the triple option. When Spurrier left USC should've thrown the bank at Paul Johnson and gotten him.

Citadel will be fine (at leasf until they play us!!!!)

Catamount87
June 8th, 2017, 10:29 AM
So, which teams do we think will be the surprise (not originally projected) playoff teams of 2017?

Professor Chaos
June 8th, 2017, 11:09 AM
So, which teams do we think will be the surprise (not originally projected) playoff teams of 2017?
From the MVFC I'd say South Dakota has a good chance to make some noise. They have a winnable FBS game against Bowling Green and a non-conference statement game at home against UND. Last year they dropped several close conference games that could've gone either way had one more play been made/not made. They're a playoff dark horse IMO.

Professor
June 8th, 2017, 11:26 AM
A&T will be a darkhorse if they don't win the MEAC. Wins in the OOC and running thru the MEAC will make them a 9 or 10 win team come NOV

Daytripper
June 8th, 2017, 11:28 AM

Southland Conference: Nicholls

Professor Chaos
June 8th, 2017, 11:31 AM
A&T will be a darkhorse if they don't win the MEAC. Wins in the OOC and running thru the MEAC will make them a 9 or 10 win team come NOV
Idk, A&T didn't do themselves or the MEAC any favors with their playoff performance last year. I think it's going to be harder and harder for a MEAC team to get an at large playoff bid as the years go by without any representation on the selection committee.

Professor
June 8th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Idk, A&T didn't do themselves or the MEAC any favors with their playoff performance last year. I think it's going to be harder and harder for a MEAC team to get an at large playoff bid as the years go by without any representation on the selection committee.

If A&T beats Charlotte FBS and Gardner Webb, and they don't win the MEAC, it will be hard to leave them out while putting in a 7-4 team. But then again, i've seen crazier things

Reign of Terrier
June 8th, 2017, 12:04 PM
I've followed Wofford football since 2003, and really closely since 2007. I don't think I can remember a single time we were picked to win the Southern Conference (we were always in App/GSU's shadow). I don't know how I feel about this pick.

McNeese75
June 8th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Southland Conference: Nicholls

I guess we will find that out early (August 31st McNeese vs Nicholls - Thibodaux, LA)

ASU33
June 8th, 2017, 01:53 PM

Already preparing for that 4th straight beating from NCCU huh?

BEAR
June 8th, 2017, 02:34 PM
I don't recall us ever losing to a SWAC school. Maybe you are confused thinking of SFA??

No I was thinking of Colorado State- pueblo and perennial FBS powerhouse Kansas. xlolx

Sammy94
June 8th, 2017, 02:59 PM
No I was thinking of Colorado State- pueblo and perennial FBS powerhouse Kansas. xlolx

Oh that National Champion D2 school, yes I have no doubt the rest of the SLC would have had no issues beating that team. Kansas, you really going back 10 years?? Those Kats would have had trouble beating anyone so if you go back that far you are correct, Sam does have a history of losing those games. Heck our 2003 team got smashed by Tarleton.

Nickels
June 8th, 2017, 03:03 PM
That D2 team was much better than anyone in the SLC, and 98% of the FCS for that matter. They would have demolished the Bears. I don't see PV being that good.

F'N Hawks
June 8th, 2017, 03:07 PM
That D2 team was much better than anyone in the SLC, and 98% of the FCS for that matter. They would have demolished the Bears. I don't see PV being that good.

LOLOL. "Better than 98% of FCS"

BisonTru
June 8th, 2017, 04:19 PM

To be honest losing to Kansas should be more embarrassing than CS-P.

Nickels
June 8th, 2017, 04:30 PM
LOLOL. "Better than 98% of FCS"

Yes that CSU Pueblo team was sadly better than 98% of the FCS that year. They were much better than the Jacksonville State and Nova playoffs teams we beat that year. They would have beaten us by much more had they not called off the dogs late in the game.

Honestly they seemed better than the Bison who won it all that year.

F'N Hawks
June 8th, 2017, 04:42 PM
Yes that CSU Pueblo team was sadly better than 98% of the FCS that year. They were much better than the Jacksonville State and Nova playoffs teams we beat that year. They would have beaten us by much more had they not called off the dogs late in the game.

Honestly they seemed better than the Bison who won it all that year.

Keep it coming....please.

Nickels
June 8th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Keep it coming....please.

Why? Can't take the embarrassment of a D2 team beating a FCS semifinalist? Because it happened. Take a look at the box scores. We battled the Bison for a half. CSU-P blew us out in the very beggining.

Daytripper
June 8th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Why? Can't take the embarrassment of a D2 team beating a FCS semifinalist? Because it happened. Take a look at the box scores. We battled the Bison for a half. CSU-P blew us out in the very beggining.

To be honest, I think the players and coaches both didn't take CSU-P seriously. They were a really good team, but we simply looked unprepared.

Nickels
June 8th, 2017, 07:25 PM
To be honest, I think the players and coaches both didn't take CSU-P seriously. They were a really good team, but we simply looked unprepared.
That's how all losing teams look.

BisonTru
June 8th, 2017, 09:38 PM

He wasn't being sarcastic.

He's a hawkeys fan. Anything anti-Bison he'll eat up.

Laker
June 8th, 2017, 10:28 PM

CSU-P was the team that ruined our unbeaten season in the 2014 championship game. They had a heck of a defense that just flew to the ball.

Serpentor
June 8th, 2017, 10:30 PM
CSU-P was the team that ruined our unbeaten season in the 2014 championship game. They had a heck of a defense that just flew to the ball.

Not very many D2 teams have 5 players get called up to the NFL...

Thumper 76
June 9th, 2017, 01:43 AM
Jesus you SHSU guys are going full retard fast this year. Fall ball hasn't even started yet.

Keeper
June 9th, 2017, 03:33 AM
True but with good triple option teams its just plug and play. Wofford, Ga Tech, Navy etc its why they're all so consistently good. The system allows turnover without much drop off. Ive said for years I wanted CSU and my favorite FBS team the USG Gamecocks to run the triple option. When Spurrier left USC should've thrown the bank at Paul Johnson and gotten him.

Citadel will be fine (at leasf until they play us!!!!)

True of some teams, but The Cit lost 7 gms 2013, 7 gms 2014, improved to 4 in 2015. not exactly plugnplay then, but hopefully they have arrived.
We will see if they are re-loaded by ETSU week 3, an upset wouldn't shock me.

UNDColorado
June 9th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Jesus you SHSU guys are going full retard fast this year. Fall ball hasn't even started yet.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25194&stc=1

Bucs2016
June 9th, 2017, 08:51 AM
True of some teams, but The Cit lost 7 gms 2013, 7 gms 2014, improved to 4 in 2015. not exactly plugnplay then, but hopefully they have arrived.
We will see if they are re-loaded by ETSU week 3, an upset wouldn't shock me.

They went through a coaching change after 2014 I believe, when Mike Houston brought that system in. Hes obviously gone, but his assistant got the job and system remains in place. Kind of same spot my team is in, HC left but key assistant took over.

DirtyDukes
June 9th, 2017, 08:52 AM

I know, right? How many times you gotta get blown out in the playoffs before you stop talking **** BEFORE the season begins? Will they ever learn?

Professor
June 9th, 2017, 08:55 AM

Just talking situations. I don't think NCCU is going to make it thru us , Hampton, SCSU , and BCU without a loss. Arguably the top half of the conference

JSUSoutherner
June 9th, 2017, 11:34 AM
I think Chattown must have hacked their accounts or something.

BadlandsGrizFan
June 9th, 2017, 03:08 PM
When was the last time Montana went back to back seasons without making the playoffs???

Professor Chaos
June 9th, 2017, 04:04 PM
When was the last time Montana went back to back seasons without making the playoffs???
Survey says......

When this guy was in the White House:

http://linapps.s3.amazonaws.com/linapps/photomojo/wwlp.com/photos/2012/10/g4560-top-presidential-debate-moments/91374-1988-read-my-lips-no-new-taxes-e3640.jpg

GodHelpTheBears
June 9th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Survey says......

When this guy was in the White House:

http://linapps.s3.amazonaws.com/linapps/photomojo/wwlp.com/photos/2012/10/g4560-top-presidential-debate-moments/91374-1988-read-my-lips-no-new-taxes-e3640.jpg

Hey, that guy was in the White House the last time Missouri State made the playoffs - arguably the greatest event of historical consequence to occur during his term.

Schism55
June 9th, 2017, 04:34 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25196&stc=1

Redbird 4th & short
June 9th, 2017, 10:01 PM

Quite simply .. this !!

Did anyone look at CSU Pueblo's schedule in 2014: http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1761&s=262657

Were they a very good D-II team .. without doubt. Would they have withstood the rigor and beating of a FCS schedule and made playoffs .. hell no. They had a very good day catching an FCS team unprepared and unmotivated .. simple as that.

Case in point .. SHSU finished season ranked 90th by Massey over all colleges. CSU Pueblo lost to Massey's 399th ranked team by 3 .. the 2nd worst team on CSU's schedule. They played Massey #382 Wester State Colorado and won by whopping 3 points .. the 3rd worst team on their schedule. They played Adams St (Massey #372) and won 17-7 .. all weak D-II teams that fared much better than SHSU did.

It's one game .. Sh-t happens. Transitive laws of 1 game have near zero credibility .. as bad and embarrassing as that loss was.

In 2010, we barely beat a very good D-II team (Central Missouri) by 1, we finished 6-5. We beat NDSU by 10. NDSU finished 9-5, lost in 3rd round to EWU by 7, the eventual national champ .. which by Daisy chain rules makes ISU the #1 team in FCS, and Central Missouri a close #2in 2010 .. tell EWU to send us our trophy.

Daytripper
June 9th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Hey, that guy was in the White House the last time Missouri State made the playoffs - arguably the greatest event of historical consequence to occur during his term.

Except for that whole Berlin Wall coming down thing.....xcoffeex

Your thing was a pretty close second, though.

dudeitsaid
June 9th, 2017, 11:46 PM
Quite simply .. this !!

Did anyone look at CSU Pueblo's schedule in 2014: http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1761&s=262657

Were they a very good D-II team .. without doubt. Would they have withstood the rigor and beating of a FCS schedule and made playoffs .. hell no. They had a very good day catching an FCS team unprepared and unmotivated .. simple as that.

Case in point .. SHSU finished season ranked 90th by Massey over all colleges. CSU Pueblo lost to Massey's 399th ranked team by 3 .. the 2nd worst team on CSU's schedule. They played Massey #382 Wester State Colorado and won by whopping 3 points .. the 3rd worst team on their schedule. They played Adams St (Massey #372) and won 17-7 .. all weak D-II teams that fared much better than SHSU did.

It's one game .. Sh-t happens. Transitive laws of 1 game have near zero credibility .. as bad and embarrassing as that loss was.

In 2010, we barely beat a very good D-II team (Central Missouri) by 1, we finished 6-5. We beat NDSU by 10. NDSU finished 9-5, lost in 3rd round to EWU by 7, the eventual national champ .. which by Daisy chain rules makes ISU the #1 team in FCS, and Central Missouri a close #2in 2010 .. tell EWU to send us our trophy.

And...that very year, EWU almost lost to a good D-II CWU team (that also played a strong UM team down to the wire the following year). D-II's play up, and FCS teams take them lightly, just like FCS teams play up against FBS teams at times...and FBS teams notoriously take most FCS teams lightly (though I think some have learned their lesson on that, especially when it comes to NDSU).

Redbird 4th & short
June 10th, 2017, 08:13 AM
And...that very year, EWU almost lost to a good D-II CWU team (that also played a strong UM team down to the wire the following year). D-II's play up, and FCS teams take them lightly, just like FCS teams play up against FBS teams at times...and FBS teams notoriously take most FCS teams lightly (though I think some have learned their lesson on that, especially when it comes to NDSU).
so wait .. you guys are or are not sending us our trophy ?? xdrunkyx

Mocs123
June 10th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Quite simply .. this !!

And in most every case the FBS team "should" beat the FCS team even when they don't. The same things happen to FCS teams when they play a good D2.

Gangtackle11
June 10th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Quite simply .. this !!

Sammy also got whooped up 56-0 the week before at LSU. I'm sure they had a FBS hangover & might have had an injury or two.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 10th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Looking at that list and the Valley teams in particular, I don't think UNI makes the playoffs.

NDSU
SDSU
Ill State
YSU

Maybe a WIU or USD might make it 5

youcanbankit
June 11th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Glad to see Wofford listed as the Southern Conference Champ. No public pressure on the other top 6 SC teams to win it. I think the top 6 will finish like this..

1. Samford
2. Chattanooga
3. Citadel
4. Wofford
5. Furman
6. Mercer

Reign of Terrier
June 11th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Glad to see Wofford listed as the Southern Conference Champ. No public pressure on the other top 6 SC teams to win it. I think the top 6 will finish like this..

1. Samford
2. Chattanooga
3. Citadel
4. Wofford
5. Furman
6. Mercer

6 teams is 2/3 of the conferencexeyebrowx

I mean I understand the framing of all of the above teams being competitive for the conference title (don't sleep on Western!), but at that point you have to just pick a winner

cx500d
June 11th, 2017, 10:42 PM

Maybe if your coach wasn't busy taking pictures of his kids in the bathtub.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 12th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Maybe if your coach wasn't busy taking pictures of his kids in the bathtub.....

Pretty harmless IMO.

My wife and I took pictures of our girls when they played in mud holes 20 years ago and now we probably be arrested for it. Harmless fun IMO. Ya, they were naked sometimes.

TheEagleSHSU
June 12th, 2017, 02:21 PM
I guess we will find that out early (August 31st McNeese vs Nicholls - Thibodaux, LA)

This is an intriguing match up, It will be fun to see where Nicholls finishes this year. They show alot of promise some weeks, then fall flat in others.

How does McNeese look coming back?

Daytripper
June 12th, 2017, 02:26 PM
This is an intriguing match up, It will be fun to see where Nicholls finishes this year. They show alot of promise some weeks, then fall flat in others.

It might take a while for him to reply... he is still unloading the sandbags. :D:D:D

McNeese75
June 12th, 2017, 04:58 PM

I would venture a guess that the outlook will hang on how the OL comes along. Plenty of offensive talent but if you can't run or have time to pass, well.......

WestCoastAggie
June 12th, 2017, 05:22 PM

It's really hard to beat a team 4 times in a row.

cx500d
June 12th, 2017, 10:16 PM
Pretty harmless IMO.

My wife and I took pictures of our girls when they played in mud holes 20 years ago and now we probably be arrested for it. Harmless fun IMO. Ya, they were naked sometimes.
I know that, it was one of the stupidest things I've seen, but thats the way minnesota is these days....Its ok to perform female genital mutilation, but by god don't take a pic of your young kids playing in the tub.

youcanbankit
June 13th, 2017, 05:41 AM
I like Samford. They are a young team but have the coaching and talent to go far.

6 teams is 2/3 of the conferencexeyebrowx

I mean I understand the framing of all of the above teams being competitive for the conference title (don't sleep on Western!), but at that point you have to just pick a winner

citdog
June 13th, 2017, 06:06 AM
I like Samford. They are a young team but have the coaching and talent to go far.

Hatcher is a .500 coach. It took him 2 years to figure out Jayson Foster was a good football player. He is not a winner or a leader of men.

TheEagleSHSU
June 13th, 2017, 06:17 AM
I would venture a guess that the outlook will hang on how the OL comes along. Plenty of offensive talent but if you can't run or have time to pass, well.......

They look dairy young, just a few seniors and mostly RS Freshman and sophomores. Didn't dig to deep.

youcanbankit
June 13th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Take another moonshine shot and smoke your stogie. He is a winner as a player, coach, leader and recruiter. He has won 67% of his games. not 50%. Lets see how the team does the next 36 months. Young team but lots of talent.

Hatcher is a .500 coach. It took him 2 years to figure out Jayson Foster was a good football player. He is not a winner or a leader of men.

citdog
June 13th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Take another moonshine shot and smoke your stogie. He is a winner as a player, coach, leader and recruiter. He has won 67% of his games. not 50%. Lets see how the team does the next 36 months. Young team but lots of talent.

His FCS record is 1 game over .500.
He is not a winner.

Daytripper
June 13th, 2017, 10:19 AM
His FCS record is 1 game over .500.
He is not a winner.

Actually, if he has won more than he has lost, he is technically a winner.

citdog
June 13th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Actually, if he has won more than he has lost, he is technically a winner.

So since The God Emperor won more electoral votes he is your President?

Daytripper
June 13th, 2017, 10:22 AM
So since The God Emperor won more electoral votes he is your President?

The electoral college is a flawed construct. If we use the proper measure of a democracy - one person, one vote - he lost by millions.

citdog
June 13th, 2017, 10:24 AM
The electoral college is a flawed construct. If we use the proper measure of a democracy - one person, one vote - he lost by millions.

This isn't a democracy it is a Republic. You do know that right?

Bisonoline
June 13th, 2017, 02:57 PM

You still crying about this? If the scenario was flipped you would be extoilling the virtues of the EC.

Daytripper
June 13th, 2017, 04:44 PM
This isn't a democracy it is a Republic. You do know that right?

Representative democracy. We've been over this. Semantics. You still don't address the elephant in the room. Millions more people chose not to vote for Drumpf than voted for him.

Daytripper
June 13th, 2017, 04:46 PM
You still crying about this? If the scenario was flipped you would be extoilling the virtues of the EC.

I'll refer you to all of your ilks continuing Hillary posts.... You still crying about her? Or Obama. You still crying about him?

This is the wrong forum anyway. I'm done here.

Bisonoline
June 13th, 2017, 05:40 PM
I'll refer you to all of your ilks continuing Hillary posts.... You still crying about her? Or Obama. You still crying about him?

This is the wrong forum anyway. I'm done here.

Hillary and Obama? Crying? Nope---making fun of.

Thumper 76
June 14th, 2017, 09:43 AM
JESUS **** TAKE YOUR POLITICAL BULL**** SOMEWHERE ELSE. This board is the only ****ing place I get to not have people's political spats thrown all over what I'm trying to take part in. It's NOT. THAT. HARD.

ST_Lawson
June 14th, 2017, 11:07 AM
JESUS **** TAKE YOUR POLITICAL BULL**** SOMEWHERE ELSE. This board is the only ****ing place I get to not have people's political spats thrown all over what I'm trying to take part in. It's NOT. THAT. HARD.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/50/68/b2/5068b2c4b8f898feac463f21520a1d10.jpg

JSUSoutherner
June 14th, 2017, 11:31 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/50/68/b2/5068b2c4b8f898feac463f21520a1d10.jpg
South Central Louisiana State Mud Dogs

ST_Lawson
June 14th, 2017, 11:32 AM

'dem's fightin' words

JSUSoutherner
June 14th, 2017, 11:35 AM
'dem's fightin' words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT4IMWzRvsk&app=desktop

cx500d
June 14th, 2017, 11:13 PM

Sounds like someone Sam Houston would play for out of conference....Any directional teams with at least two directions in their name.

DirtyDukes
June 15th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Hey guys do you remember that time Bobby Boucher came back at halftime and the Muddogs won the Bourbon Bowl?

Bison56
June 15th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Hey guys do you remember that time Bobby Boucher came back at halftime and the Muddogs won the Bourbon Bowl?

Just watched it the other day on ESPN Classic.

Nickels
June 15th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Sounds like someone Sam Houston would play for out of conference....Any directional teams with at least two directions in their name.
Yeah we play weak teams like Richmond to start the season instead of the juggernauts like Robert Morris and Miss. Valley State.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 15th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Yeah we play weak teams like Richmond to start the season instead of the juggernauts like Robert Morris and Miss. Valley State.

Chuck South
EWU
Iowa

Pretty damn good OCC last year. No reason to keep doing that year after year IMO.

UNDColorado
June 15th, 2017, 03:31 PM

Agreed, thank you!

cx500d
June 15th, 2017, 09:01 PM

Richmond will be a good game.... Frankly I'm embarrassed at our opening play as well, but EWU will be interesting with a new coach.

Mocs123
June 15th, 2017, 10:03 PM
My dark horse pick from the SoCon is Furman (This assumes that Chattanooga, The Citadel, Wofford, and Samford are pre-season playoff contenders)

I will also state that The Citadel wasn't considered a contender pre-season in 2015 nor was Wofford in 2016.

Daytripper
June 16th, 2017, 08:33 AM
My dark horse pick from the SoCon is Furman (This assumes that Chattanooga, The Citadel, Wofford, and Samford are pre-season playoff contenders)

I will also state that The Citadel wasn't considered a contender pre-season in 2015 nor was Wofford in 2016.

This is why I love the FCS over the FBS. It is rare in FBS that somebody besides Alabama, Clemson, USC, Florida State, etc. make a splash. It seems like every year a couple of surprise FCS teams take a leap forward and make some serious noise in the playoffs. I am looking forward to seeing who it will be this season.

Bison56
June 16th, 2017, 11:36 AM
This is why I love the FCS over the FBS. It is rare in FBS that somebody besides Alabama, Clemson, USC, Florida State, etc. make a splash. It seems like every year a couple of surprise FCS teams take a leap forward and make some serious noise in the playoffs. I am looking forward to seeing who it will be this season.

I agree 100% with you on that.