PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Appalachian State Schedule - Piece-By-Piece

Pages : [1] 2 3

lizrdgizrd
January 25th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Well, since no official schedule has been released yet, I thought we'd get a running start at it by looking at other folks' schedules and see how far we can get. If you get a new date, please update the full schedule and repost it.

2007 APPALACHIAN STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Sept. 1 open
Sept. 9 open
Sept. 15 open
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 open
Nov. 3 open
Nov. 10 open

Well, there's two games so far.

BeauFoster
January 25th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Nov 10 - Western Carolina (H)
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga (H)

I also heard that GSU is scheduled for October 20, but can't confirm

lizrdgizrd
January 25th, 2007, 12:50 PM

Yeah, GSU has announced it officially.

Sept. 1 open
Sept. 9 open
Sept. 15 open
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 open
Nov. 3 open
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

AppGuy04
January 25th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Obviously the non conference opponents we have haven't finalized theirs either, so all we can gather is SoCon games at this point

lizrdgizrd
January 25th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Obviously the non conference opponents we have haven't finalized theirs either, so all we can gather is SoCon games at this point
Yeah, I'm hoping that we can catch a break on the OOC schedules as they're finalized by our opponents. I'm sure the SoCon schedule is pretty much set in stone for this season.

ATrain
January 25th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Any chance ya'll will play Liberty? We have 2 or 3 open dates still on our schedule.

TheValleyRaider
January 25th, 2007, 09:48 PM
When is your return game with JMU, 2008?

bobbythekidd
January 26th, 2007, 01:17 AM
chatty's schedule
09/01 Tennessee Tech (Thursday)
09/08 at Jacksonville State
09/22 at Georgia Southern
09/27 The Citadel
10/06 at Arkansas
10/13 Western Carolina
10/20 Furman
10/27 at Elon
11/03 Western Kentucky
11/10 Wofford
11/17 at Appalachian State

bobbythekidd
January 26th, 2007, 01:18 AM
oops, you already knew that one.:o

ASU
January 26th, 2007, 03:11 AM
When is your return game with JMU, 2008?
I thought it was suppossed to be in 2007 at James Madison.

BeauFoster
January 26th, 2007, 06:08 AM
I thought it was suppossed to be in 2007 at James Madison.

From what I have heard, the trip to JMU was scheduled for '08. I don't know for sure, however.

adrianb
January 26th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Gardner-Webb is coming to ASU this year I'm pretty sure.

th0m
January 26th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Your game with us is definitely in 2008. Our 2007 and 2008 schedules are already completed.

lizrdgizrd
January 26th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Your game with us is definitely in 2008. Our 2007 and 2008 schedules are already completed.
Must be nice to already know who you're playing next year. We apparently can't even fill this year's schedule. :bawling:

Everyone must be afraid of AE & KR! xlolx

89Hen
January 26th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Must be nice to already know who you're playing next year. We apparently can't even fill this year's schedule. :bawling:

That does bring up an interesting question. Does ASU choose to keep themselves open for opportunities or do they really have trouble getting games? We've known our opponents through 2009 since the start of this year. I guess with 4 OOC games instead of 3, it may be a little tougher to completely fill. :confused:

lizrdgizrd
January 26th, 2007, 08:39 AM
That does bring up an interesting question. Does ASU choose to keep themselves open for opportunities or do they really have trouble getting games? We've known our opponents through 2009 since the start of this year. I guess with 4 OOC games instead of 3, it may be a little tougher to completely fill. :confused:
Well, I know that this year we had LSU back out because of SEC interference. I'm not sure what other issues are involved.

89Hen
January 26th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Well, I know that this year we had LSU back out because of SEC interference.
That's a little different as that happens to everyone. We had YSU back out of an upcoming home and home in one off-season and picked up GSU instead. LSU was on your schedule. I just find it amazing that a program like ASU would have any problems finding games.

lizrdgizrd
January 26th, 2007, 08:59 AM
That's a little different as that happens to everyone. We had YSU back out of an upcoming home and home in one off-season and picked up GSU instead. LSU was on your schedule. I just find it amazing that a program like ASU would have any problems finding games.
I think one of the problems is with teams who are looking at a few expected losses already on their schedules. Take Wake Forrest as an example. When the rule came down that IAA wins wouldn't count toward bowl eligibility they dropped a heated rivalry because they had too great a chance to loose.

MYTAPPY
January 26th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Well App is definitely not playing an ACC school this year since that conference has already put out the schedule.

89Hen
January 26th, 2007, 09:23 AM
When the rule came down that IAA wins wouldn't count toward bowl eligibility they dropped a heated rivalry because they had too great a chance to loose.
But that's changed back hasn't it?

lizrdgizrd
January 26th, 2007, 09:31 AM
But that's changed back hasn't it?
I think the rule's changed but Wake still doesn't want to take the chance! xlolx

walliver
January 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM

I believe most SoCon teams complete their schedules at the last minute. I was actually surprised that Wofford's and GSU's schedules came out so early this year.

89Hen
January 26th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I believe most SoCon teams complete their schedules at the last minute.
Again, I wonder if it must be a philosophical decision ie. they don't want tie themselves down and have to pass on better opportunities without breaking contracts? :confused:

AppGuy04
January 27th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Update:

Sept. 1 open
Sept. 9 open
Sept. 15 open
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 @ Furman
Nov. 3 open
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

slostang
January 27th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I was reading Ralph's blog about a game between Montana and App. St. game not likely to take place because of money.

Cal Poly is still looking for games and I would love to see a home and home with App. St. What do the App. St. fans think of a home and home with Cal Poly?

San Luis is beautiful in the fall. Temps in the mid 70's to low 80's and Cal Poly is 10 minutes to the beach and 20 minutes to over 20 wineries with free tasting rooms. From the pictures I have seen of Boone, it is awesome and I would love to make a trip to the "Rock".

th0m
January 28th, 2007, 06:52 AM

It sure is nice. We've had problems in '05 and '06 as well, and hence played a DII in each of those years. Come to think of it, '09 is also set it seems. No DII, 2 FCS Va schools each year and an ACC opponent.

MplsBison
January 28th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Come on up to Fargo Sept 15th, App. We need home games and are willing to travel 08.

Saint3333
January 28th, 2007, 10:53 AM
9/15 will likely be G-Webb at ASU. Sounds like ASU is seriously considering ND St. and Cal Poly if they can't find a closer FCS opponent. They are still looking for a BCS opponent, but a certain MAC school that will remain nameless turned down a game against ASU and it is actively looking for a game against a FCS program:confused:.

We're still looking for two home games as well.

MplsBison
January 28th, 2007, 11:34 AM
It would have to be Sept 1st, then.

We have games on Sept 8th and Sept 29th (likely going to be West IL).

Assuming we get into the Gateway, we'd be playing conference games on the first Nov weekend so we'd be unable to repay you in 08.

mainejeff
January 28th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Would Appalachian State do a home and home with Maine?

AppStateold299
January 28th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Any chance ya'll will play Liberty? We have 2 or 3 open dates still on our schedule.

Last I heard we would not play Liberty at all due to the Presidents comments about minorities back in 2000 or 2001. As far as I know App has not changed their policy. Also, why would we play a cupcake like Liberty?

Saint3333
January 28th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Our AD seems to be seriously looking at some of the Great West teams, so I don't see a trip to Maine being out of the question. However just like other AD's I wonder if Maine's AD would go for it. It seems that many A-10 programs shy away from tough OOC 1-AA games. It's really frustrating that there are so many 1-AA programs within driving distance that would be great home and home series. I'd really like to get EKU back on the schedule and then get JSU, W&M, Richmond, Murray St., etc.

Hopefully we can avoid a D2 game, but it isn't looking good right now.

catamount man
January 28th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I believe most SoCon teams complete their schedules at the last minute. I was actually surprised that Wofford's and GSU's schedules came out so early this year.

The Catamount Club Board of Directors received WCU's 2007 schedule at our January 13th meeting in Hickory, NC, yet it still has not been released at WCU's main athletics website. Don't know what's happening there.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Our AD seems to be seriously looking at some of the Great West teams, so I don't see a trip to Maine being out of the question. However just like other AD's I wonder if Maine's AD would go for it. It seems that many A-10 programs shy away from tough OOC 1-AA games. It's really frustrating that there are so many 1-AA programs within driving distance that would be great home and home series. I'd really like to get EKU back on the schedule and then get JSU, W&M, Richmond, Murray St., etc.

William and Mary and Richmond left the Socon when ASU, Marshall, and WCU entered because you had no academic standards. What makes you think they want to play you now?

Saint3333
January 28th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Check the academic stats now old timer... This isn't the same ASU as when you were in school.

W&M and Richmond are in conferences with schools with lower academic admission averages than ASU.

Maybe they'd like to give their fans a quality opponents to come watch on a Saturday and increase tickets sales.

BTW nice bball game yesterday, next time bring your men's team:smiley_wi .

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 01:29 PM
I was only stating a fact, I don't know about now but when ya'll entered they left. Our basketball program is not as bad as I thought they would be. Ed Conroy has us headed in the right direction, we played our worst game of the season yesterday while App played its best. Ya'll had a guy shoot 80% from 3pt range yesterday Nathan Somebody. That's tough to overcome.

Saint3333
January 28th, 2007, 01:35 PM
I'm only stating facts as well, things have changed.

He shot 10-11 from 3 against UTC as well. I wouldn't say that was our best game. The wins over UVA, Vandy, and VCU were probably better performances. Citadel just gave up the last 15 minutes and our 2nd and 3rd string looked like all-stars.

If they can continue playing well this could be the best year ever for ASU athletics.

th0m
January 28th, 2007, 01:42 PM
It seems that many A-10 programs shy away from tough OOC 1-AA games.

Oh come off it. Just because nobody from the CAA wants to schedule you, we simply shy away from tough OOC FCS games??? Newsflash, we played you last season! Most CAA teams play an FBS school, and then teams like W&M, JMU and Towson play inner-state schools like VMI and Liberty for the VA schools and Morgan State for Towson.

Then there are schools like Colgate, Holy Cross, Fordham, Lehigh, Brown, Furman, UC Davis, Northwestern State and CCU on the OOC lists of CAA schools.

And that is just from the released schedules...and do bear in mind we only have 3 OOC games to fill.

PLEASE, do your homework before you start dishing out such uninformed posts.

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Honestly though, no reason to fight over admission standards.:read: It's what you learn at the school that counts:thumbsup:

mainejeff
January 28th, 2007, 01:55 PM

Yeah, that's why Maine did a home and home with Montana and did a road game at Youngstown State with no return.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Hell we had a nice thing going with Richmond, and W&M. Those were good trips and the games were always good. I miss playing them.

Saint3333
January 28th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Oh come off it. Just because nobody from the CAA wants to schedule you, we simply shy away from tough OOC FCS games??? Newsflash, we played you last season! Most CAA teams play an FBS school, and then teams like W&M, JMU and Towson play inner-state schools like VMI and Liberty for the VA schools and Morgan State for Towson.

Then there are schools like Colgate, Holy Cross, Fordham, Lehigh, Brown, Furman, UC Davis, Northwestern State and CCU on the OOC lists of CAA schools.

And that is just from the released schedules...and do bear in mind we only have 3 OOC games to fill.

PLEASE, do your homework before you start dishing out such uninformed posts.

My uninformed posts are pretty accurate after some "homework". The A-10 as a conference (all 12 teams) played 3 top 25 teams OOC (ASU, ND St, & YSU) last year. I commend JMU, Maine, and NE for stepping up to the plate, but let's face it everyone else plays one 1-A game and then 1 bad 1-AA team and a D2 squad. Last year SUNY-Stoney Brook might as well been a member of the A-10.

Everyone in 1-AA is quilty of this and it is a shame that there are sooo many great potential match-ups between the A-10, SoCon, Gateway, etc. I'd love to keep JMU on the schedule, but unfortunately I doubt we'll play each other again until both schools are as hard pressed to fill their schedule as we were last year.

Maybe it's just ASU's problem, but it seems this problem is getting worse for a lot of other schools out there as well.

Col Hogan
January 28th, 2007, 05:48 PM
My uninformed posts are pretty accurate after some "homework". The A-10 as a conference (all 12 teams) played 3 top 25 teams OOC (ASU, ND St, & YSU) last year. I commend JMU, Maine, and NE for stepping up to the plate, but let's face it everyone else plays one 1-A game and then 1 bad 1-AA team and a D2 squad. Last year SUNY-Stoney Brook might as well been a member of the A-10.

Everyone in 1-AA is quilty of this and it is a shame that there are sooo many great potential match-ups between the A-10, SoCon, Gateway, etc. I'd love to keep JMU on the schedule, but unfortunately I doubt we'll play each other again until both schools are as hard pressed to fill their schedule as we were last year.

Maybe it's just ASU's problem, but it seems this problem is getting worse for a lot of other schools out there as well.

How many in conference top 25 teams did we play? Just because ASU waits until the last moment to put a schedule together, the A-10/CAA is at fault here?

We played top 25 teams each week as a conference, since at any given time Maine, UNH, UMass, JMU, and Towson were top 25. Richmond, W&M and Nova...top flight squads. We have enough teams that we can't wait around for ASU when it comes to scheduling. Most of us know who our FBS opponent will be through 09 (some to 10). it's called prior planning.

It is an ASU problem...I hope you get it fixed as your program is outstanding. But don't drag other conferences into your scheduling woes.

Mr. C
January 29th, 2007, 12:03 AM
App State isn't waiting too late to schedule, it simply is finding opponents very hard to find. App State and Maine established some good relationships in 2002 when the Black Bears came to Kidd Brewer Stadium in the first round of the playoffs (the last road team to win at KBS, 14-13). I would think that both schools would relish playing again.

The biggest problem this year for ASU was that the SEC ruined a trip to LSU with some scheduling demands on the Tigers and the Mountaineers are still trying to find an opponent to take the place of that last-minute Mars Hill game from last season (a one-time thing). Believe it, or not, the teams in the SoCon are still having to deal with the end of the East Tennessee State program. That's what left a hole in many schedules. When a team has won back-to-back national championships, it is hard to find people to play.

About Cal Poly, as a native Californian and someone who has enjoyed trips to Cal Poly since my college days in the 1970s, I would love to see an ASU-Cal Poly home and home. It would also match two premier FCS programs, something we need more of in the FCS.

One other comment, the end of the Wake Forest-ASU series had nothing to do with bowl eligibility (how many times have the Demonized Decons been in bowls over the years?). It had to do with a new coach, Jim Grobe, coming in and wanting nothing to do with the strength of the ASU program. He felt his team had little to gain from the matchup (other than a big, sellout crowd at Groves Stadium). The contract ended after Grobe's first year in Winston-Salem.

MYTAPPY
January 29th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Mr. C you da man. But its "Grobe", not "Grube":D

lizrdgizrd
January 29th, 2007, 08:29 AM
So here's the latest schedule we've cobbled together:

Sept. 1 open
Sept. 9 open
Sept. 15 open
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 open
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov. 17 UT Chattanooga

89Hen
January 29th, 2007, 08:47 AM
However just like other AD's I wonder if Maine's AD would go for it. It seems that many A-10 programs shy away from tough OOC 1-AA games.
Might want to check that Saint. Just as you say there are many teams close by that would be tough, there are also many teams that are close by that the alums want to see on the schedule... UNH/Dartmouth, Villanova/Penn, Northeastern/Harvard, UMass/Colgate... games that are actually good games, but maybe not as recognizable to somebody outside of the area.

That said, the CAA has played some other decent OOC games against I-AA opponents that you may recognize. Also, Maine just got done with YSU and a home and home with Montana so you definitely picked the wrong team to mention by name.

In the last several years: Maine/YSU, Maine/Montana, JMU/AppSt, JMU/CCU, Northeastern/GSU, Northeastern/YSU, Hofstra/Furman, Hofstra/Montana, UNH/UCD, Richmond/Furman, UD/Citadel, UD/GSU (and a lot of these were more than one game)...

Don't forget that the CAA only gets 3 OOC games per year and in 2001 and 2003 they only got 2 because of a 9 game conference schedule (2002 was a 12 game year so we got 9/3). UD is doing a h/h with Furman in 08/09 and a 3 game deal with South Dakota State. I'm sure other teams have some good ones scheduled too.

ChickenMan
January 29th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Check the academic stats now old timer... This isn't the same ASU as when you were in school.

W&M and Richmond are in conferences with schools with lower academic admission averages than ASU.

Maybe they'd like to give their fans a quality opponents to come watch on a Saturday and increase tickets sales.

BTW nice bball game yesterday, next time bring your men's team:smiley_wi .

I just checked the US News & World Report rankings of the Best Colleges (top 125) for 2007...

Five A10/CAA schools were ranked...

31... W&M
67... Delaware
98... UMass
98... Northeastern
105.. UNH

No SoCon school was listed in the top 125

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/t1natudoc_brief.php

lizrdgizrd
January 29th, 2007, 08:50 AM
I just checked the US News & World Report rankings of the Best Colleges (top 125) for 2007...

Four A10/CAA schools were ranked...

31... W&M
67... Delaware
98... UMass
105.. UNH

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/t1natudoc_brief.php
The question is not who has more highly ranked academics it's if any A-10/CAA schools is ranked below App State. I would hazard JMU or URI may be comparable?

ball21
January 29th, 2007, 10:08 AM

The game is confirmed !!

bostonspider
January 29th, 2007, 10:45 AM
The question is not who has more highly ranked academics it's if any A-10/CAA schools is ranked below App State. I would hazard JMU or URI may be comparable?

Well not JMU...

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/t1univmas_s_brief.php

Mr. C
January 29th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Mr. C you da man. But its "Grobe", not "Grube":D
Whatever. He still coaches for Weak Forest.

lizrdgizrd
January 29th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Well not JMU...

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/t1univmas_s_brief.php
That's just for master's degrees. And we're not all that far behind at #12. :thumbsup:

Any data for undergraduate? I don't see URI in any list.

Sir William
January 29th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Whatever. He still coaches for Weak Forest.

Huh? I thought they were the ACC champs. :bow:

spoogemcgee18
January 29th, 2007, 11:17 AM

Five A10/CAA schools were ranked...

31... W&M
67... Delaware
98... UMass
98... Northeastern
105.. UNH

That's all well and good, but Appalachian was named TIME MAGAZINE'S 2001 COLLEGE OF THE YEAR

Appstate29
January 29th, 2007, 11:29 AM
That's all well and good, but Appalachian was named TIME MAGAZINE'S 2001 COLLEGE OF THE YEAR

No reason to get an inferiority complex, these are all very good schools, and notice that 3 of them are state flagship and the other 2 have stellar reputations. The key for Appalachian is the future though, we have an incoming class with absolutely bonkers credentials, and a growing reputation. Only with a good reputation can we achieve a ranking worthy of our school. Also, we must continue to harass the UNC BOG for more funding and more importantly granting more doctoral degrees, how many students go here and work at our very challenging undergrad programs only to go somewhere else for their masters/PHd because the UNC-BOG won't allow us to grant them so UNC and NC State can keep up the monopoly.

Appstate29
January 29th, 2007, 11:30 AM
plus are you saying Davidson wasn't in the top 125??? As the true Harvard of the South I find that hard to believe

lizrdgizrd
January 29th, 2007, 11:32 AM
plus are you saying Davidson wasn't in the top 125??? As the true Harvard of the South I find that hard to believe
Top Liberal Arts Colleges
10. Davidson College(NC)
16. Colgate University(NY)
30. Lafayette College(PA)
34. University of Richmond(VA)
41. Furman University(SC)
57. Wofford College(SC)
86. Virginia Military Institute *

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/t1libartco_brief.php

Mr. C
January 29th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Huh? I thought they were the ACC champs. :bow:
Winning ONE ACC championship in one's lifetime doesn't earn respect. And Weak Forest is a nickname around these parts for that ACC school in the same way that folks here call your alma mater Vermin. It was 'WEAK" that their coach put an end to the series because he was afraid of losing to Appalachian State.

th0m
January 29th, 2007, 11:58 AM
That's just for master's degrees. And we're not all that far behind at #12. :thumbsup:

Any data for undergraduate? I don't see URI in any list.

I think JMU and ASU are pretty comparable in a lot of categories, including academics. We both started out as teacher's colleges, are both situated in a very scenic part of our respective states (although I'm pretty sure ASU's is more scenic, especially your stadium), and we both offer an unforgettable value-for-money wellround college experience.

AppGuy04
January 29th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I think JMU and ASU are pretty comparable in a lot of categories, including academics. We both started out as teacher's colleges, are both situated in a very scenic part of our respective states (although I'm pretty sure ASU's is more scenic, especially your stadium), and we both offer an unforgettable value-for-money wellround college experience.

Agreed, now can we stop the madness:bang:

89Hen
January 29th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Agreed, now can we stop the madness:bang:
As long as you admit that JMU has a better library. :mad: :p

AppGuy04
January 29th, 2007, 12:33 PM
As long as you admit that JMU has a better library. :mad: :p

they can have the library, we'll take the womens, oh wait, they got us there too:bang:

lizrdgizrd
January 29th, 2007, 01:07 PM
they can have the library, we'll take the womens, oh wait, they got us there too:bang:
Yeah, App's got the womyns. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Appstate29
January 29th, 2007, 01:19 PM
hey by Spring '08 we will have a FIRST CLASS dining facility!

MYTAPPY
January 29th, 2007, 01:53 PM

Don't crack the new dining facility, my dad is the architect on that project.

Appstate29
January 29th, 2007, 01:56 PM
tell him to make it the best in the country OR ELSE!

lizrdgizrd
January 29th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Wouldn't it be better to have first class food in a second class facility? xlolx

lizrdgizrd
January 29th, 2007, 02:40 PM

Sept. 1 open
Sept. 9 open
Sept. 15 open
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov. 17 UT Chattanooga

gamesaver22
January 29th, 2007, 03:02 PM
i read some where that the App Fans should expect no more than four home games due to the construction

th0m
January 29th, 2007, 03:07 PM

Well JMU is always top 10 in the country for dining facilities ;) Anyway, lets get back to football. I am looking forward to you guys coming over here next year! Then again, I am anxious to see how your athletic facility improvements are moving along. Good luck with the rest of your schedule.

mcveyrl
January 29th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Well JMU is always top 10 in the country for dining facilities ;) Anyway, lets get back to football. I am looking forward to you guys coming over here next year! Then again, I am anxious to see how your athletic facility improvements are moving along. Good luck with the rest of your schedule.

D-Hall...I wish I had one at work...

I'm actually anxiously awaiting the app schedule. Only live about an hour away...

MYTAPPY
January 29th, 2007, 03:12 PM

Sept. 1 open
Sept. 9 open
Sept. 15 open
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov. 17 UT Chattanooga

If that is the way it actually sets up to be, I'm thinking the Ga. Southern game will be Homecoming.

DinoDex200
January 29th, 2007, 03:57 PM
If that is the way it actually sets up to be, I'm thinking the Ga. Southern game will be Homecoming.

I hope not...it's always one of our better attended games anyway. I'd rather HC be with a team that we wouldn't normally get a good crowd for, like G-W.

BigApp
January 29th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I agree, and WCU and UC are too late in the season.

appsfan
January 29th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Do you think we are trying to schedule our home games late in the season so that the heavy lifting part of the construction is out of the way?

YOsef
January 29th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Do you think we are trying to schedule our home games late in the season so that the heavy lifting part of the construction is out of the way?

That is a novel idea right there. But who knows.

MYTAPPY
January 30th, 2007, 08:45 AM

There is always going to be heavy lifting with this face lift. This KBS renovation will take longer than some may think.

AppGuy04
January 30th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I'm guessing this will be another year with few home games

MarkCCU
January 30th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Y'all sure do play Open a lot

lizrdgizrd
January 30th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Y'all sure do play Open a lot
Yeah, they're almost as easy to beat as Western Carolina. xlolx xlolx xlolx

davidkehr
February 16th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Sept. 1 open
Sept. 9 open
Sept. 15 open
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 open
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

lizrdgizrd
February 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's the tentative schedule at this point:
Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 Michigan
Sept. 8 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 15 Elon
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

GoldandBlack
February 16th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 Michigan
Sept. 8 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 15 Elon
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

Do you guys have any clue as to who might be your possibilities today for those two dates still open (assuming an open date)? Seems like the pickings would be getting slimmer every day.

ChickenMan
February 16th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Is this a screwup by the ASU AD? As a reasonable question would seem to be... why would ASU still have two or three open dates waiting to be filled just seven months before the opening of the '07 season???

lizrdgizrd
February 16th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Do you guys have any clue as to who might be your possibilities today for those two dates still open (assuming an open date)? Seems like the pickings would be getting slimmer every day.
I have heard rumors of ECU, Marshall, Mars Hill, etc...

lizrdgizrd
February 16th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Is this a screwup by the ASU AD? As a reasonable question would seem to be... why would ASU still have two or three open dates waiting to be filled just seven months before the opening of the '07 season???
I wonder if we really only have 1 open date to schedule (the former LSU date) and the other schools we're playing just haven't announced their schedules yet.

The Moody1
February 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM

The main reason for our current scheduling woes is that our previous AD saw the writing on the wall and totally dropped the ball in regards to future scheduling. He knew it would be someone else's problem.

MYTAPPY
February 16th, 2007, 02:05 PM
There will of course by a bye week where we don't play. Hopefully it won't fall at the very end of the schedule like last year.

lizrdgizrd
February 16th, 2007, 02:06 PM
There will of course by a bye week where we don't play. Hopefully it won't fall at the very end of the schedule like last year.
No chance of that. Check the schedule.

AppSteeler
February 16th, 2007, 02:14 PM
From a very good Gardner Webb source, our home game with them is 9/15, not 9/8.

proasu89
February 16th, 2007, 02:17 PM
It seemed like a good way to get healthy before the playoffs.

lizrdgizrd
February 16th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the update AppSteeler!
Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 Michigan
Sept. 8 Elon
Sept. 15 at Gardner-Webb :rolleyes:
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

proasu89
February 16th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the update AppSteeler!
Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 Michigan
Sept. 8 Elon
Sept. 15 at Gardner-Webb :rolleyes:
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

Not trying to nitpick, but we're at Michigan(hopefully) and Elon, and GW should be here.

lizrdgizrd
February 16th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Not trying to nitpick, but we're at Michigan(hopefully) and Elon, and GW should be here.

:doh: Nice to know you guys aren't afraid to correct me! xlolx

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 at Elon
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb :rolleyes:
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

T-Dog
February 16th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Where have you heard about the Elon game? Seems odd having them as the second game of the year.

And you can pretty much bold in the Michigan game. Moore told the team yesturday that it's happening and David Coulson pretty much confirmed it as well.

slostang
February 16th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I sure would like to see Cal Poly on one of those open dates.:nod:

lizrdgizrd
February 16th, 2007, 03:16 PM
It's official! ASU at Michigan 9/1/2007! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 at Elon
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb :rolleyes:
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

davidkehr
February 16th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 Michigan
Sept. 8 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 15 Elon
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

UNHWildCats
February 16th, 2007, 04:55 PM
From a very good Gardner Webb source, our home game with them is 9/15, not 9/8.

the 15th is the only mutual date available for Gardner-Webb and Presbyterian. Are they not gonna play?

Pauly LB
February 16th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Supposedly Cal Poly has 10/6 open -- App State vs Cal Poly would be a good game... Doubtful that Cal Poly would travel to App State as so far Cal Poly only has 4 home games...

ISUMatt
February 16th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Whats the payout to go to Michigan?

T-Dog
February 16th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Whats the payout to go to Michigan?

AppGuy04
February 16th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Supposedly Cal Poly has 10/6 open -- App State vs Cal Poly would be a good game... Doubtful that Cal Poly would travel to App State as so far Cal Poly only has 4 home games...
Likewise, we only have 4 as well right now

slostang
February 16th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Likewise, we only have 4 as well right now
True, but Cal Poly has six away game already scheduled. If ASU is willing to play only five home games (ASU still have another open date for a 5th home game) next year while the stadium is under going renovation, maybe we can work out a home and home. Cal Poly could travel in 2008 and play ASU in the newly renovated "Rock".

lizrdgizrd
February 21st, 2007, 01:37 PM
I have heard conflicting dates on the GW and Elon games.

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 at Elon / open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb / open
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon / open
Oct. 6 Gardner-Webb / open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

ball21
February 21st, 2007, 02:06 PM
I have heard conflicting dates on the GW and Elon games.

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 at Elon / open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb / open
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon / open
Oct. 6 Gardner-Webb / open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

The Gardner Webb game is Sept 15th at "The Rock"
HC is Oct 6th
Open Dates as of now are:

Sept 8 & 29
Oct 6 & 13
One of these weeks is our bye week ...
We have to play Enon and find 2 OCC games ..

SoCon48
February 21st, 2007, 02:18 PM
Again, I wonder if it must be a philosophical decision ie. they don't want tie themselves down and have to pass on better opportunities without breaking contracts? :confused:

Don't think so. Last year the AD called about every I-A and I-AA school in the country.

Libertine
February 21st, 2007, 02:19 PM
By process of elimination, I'm thinking that the Elon game is 9/29.

Elon's schedule (gotta love Google)

9/1 @ USF
9/8 TBA
9/15 TBA
9/22 Liberty
9/29 App(?)
10/6 Western Carolina
10/13 GSU
10/20 Wofford
10/27 @ UT-C
11/3 @ Furman
11/10 @ El Cid
11/17 Central Conn.

9/8 & 9/15 seem a bit early for conference play and there's still an Open date and Stony Brook(?) to fit in there somewhere. Interestingly, if this is right, Elon has a 5-game home stand right in the middle of the season.

SoCon48
February 21st, 2007, 02:23 PM
The main reason for our current scheduling woes is that our previous AD saw the writing on the wall and totally dropped the ball in regards to future scheduling. He knew it would be someone else's problem.
Seems like overall Roach did as well as this guy in outting together schedules. Playing Mars Hill and at G-W were all time lows.

lizrdgizrd
February 21st, 2007, 02:35 PM
So, here's what it's looking like now. If homecoming is the 6th then the Elon game has to be one of the two places it is now.

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 at Elon / open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon / open
Oct. 6 Homecoming / open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

The Moody1
February 21st, 2007, 02:53 PM
Seems like overall Roach did as well as this guy in outting together schedules. Playing Mars Hill and at G-W were all time lows.

He did ok scheduling up until he knew he was out of there. He didn't do anything for future scheduling. That is why we were left in a bind and had to schedule Mars Hill and GW.

SoCon48
February 21st, 2007, 05:32 PM
He did ok scheduling up until he knew he was out of there. He didn't do anything for future scheduling. That is why we were left in a bind and had to schedule Mars Hill and GW.

We've basically never done much distant future scheduling. And when we have, the opponent just cancels and pays up. When we've successful sceduled the big boys, it's basically simply been there with an open date that matches theirs. (with a few exceptions)
Even Wake seldom scheduled us much in advance. They normally seemed to wait to see how good we were going to be.
The new guy has been here long enough to find us some games.

lizrdgizrd
February 26th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Any new info? Bueller? Bueller?

BigApp
February 26th, 2007, 05:04 PM
none

Mr. C
February 27th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Many schools intentionally schedule the bye for the last weekend, so they can rest up for the playoffs. That was done on purpose and was a smart thing to do, considering it allowed some time for some injuries to heal.

Mr. C
February 27th, 2007, 02:35 AM
As has been talked about a bunch of times in the past, App State has gone into March several times in the past without announcing its schedule. I talked to the assistant AD on Monday and he said ASU is having a hard time scheduling, because no one wants to play a two-time national champion that is loaded again. He has been trying to emphasize ASU's weaknesses, but no one is buying that.

Mountaineer#96
March 2nd, 2007, 02:02 PM
Anyone got any news?

gvilleapp
March 2nd, 2007, 02:31 PM
As has been talked about a bunch of times in the past, App State has gone into March several times in the past without announcing its schedule. I talked to the assistant AD on Monday and he said ASU is having a hard time scheduling, because no one wants to play a two-time national champion that is loaded again. He has been trying to emphasize ASU's weaknesses, but no one is buying that.
Mr. C,

Any idea how much $$ ASU is willing to pay to a FCS opponent to come to Boone? Also, do you know how much we paid Mars Hill last year? The longer this goes, the more I fear a return of a DII on the schedule.

CopperCat
March 2nd, 2007, 02:42 PM
Mr. C,

Any idea how much $$ ASU is willing to pay to a FCS opponent to come to Boone? Also, do you know how much we paid Mars Hill last year? The longer this goes, the more I fear a return of a DII on the schedule.

Give Chadron State a call.:bang:

lizrdgizrd
March 2nd, 2007, 02:54 PM
Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 at Elon / open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon / open
Oct. 6 Homecoming / open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

UNHWildCats
March 2nd, 2007, 03:02 PM
the elon game is the 29th and thats been confirmed by Elon as there homecoming

lizrdgizrd
March 2nd, 2007, 03:08 PM
It has? Where?

EDIT: I see this announcement for Homecoming:

http://www.elon.edu/e-web/alumni-parent/reunHome.xhtml

It indicates that Elon Homecoming will be October 26-28.

UNHWildCats
March 2nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
the elon message board is offline so I cant access the link to it, im looking in my history right now to see if its there

UNHWildCats
March 2nd, 2007, 03:22 PM
My bad, its Family weekend.

FAMILY WEEKEND 2007
Mark your calendar for Family Weekend, September 28-30, 2007.

The Elon community welcomes all family members and friends to return to campus to visit with their students and participate in the many scheduled events. Activities include a golf tournament, concerts and the Elon vs. Appalachian State football game.

The Family Weekend Picnic at Lake Mary Nell and the Dinner & Entertainment are events you will not want to miss. There is also time set aside for families to visit with professors and have University Coffee with President Leo M. Lambert and his family.

A full schedule of events will be posted as soon as it is available.

We look forward to visiting with you and your family.

Sir William
March 2nd, 2007, 03:40 PM

Whoa.

Bold and courageous.

lizrdgizrd
March 2nd, 2007, 04:04 PM
FAMILY WEEKEND 2007
Mark your calendar for Family Weekend, September 28-30, 2007.

The Elon community welcomes all family members and friends to return to campus to visit with their students and participate in the many scheduled events. Activities include a golf tournament, concerts and the Elon vs. Appalachian State football game.

The Family Weekend Picnic at Lake Mary Nell and the Dinner & Entertainment are events you will not want to miss. There is also time set aside for families to visit with professors and have University Coffee with President Leo M. Lambert and his family.

A full schedule of events will be posted as soon as it is available.

We look forward to visiting with you and your family. My bad, its Family weekend.
Ah, that's still confirmation for the game! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

lizrdgizrd
March 2nd, 2007, 04:05 PM
Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Homecoming / open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

Mr. C
March 2nd, 2007, 05:30 PM
Mr. C,

Don't know the specifics, but I'll ask the next time I get a chance. Because of the lack of FCS teams willing to play ASU, a D-II game is almost a foregone conclusion.

BrevardMountaineer03
March 2nd, 2007, 10:08 PM
Don't know the specifics, but I'll ask the next time I get a chance. Because of the lack of FCS teams willing to play ASU, a D-II game is almost a foregone conclusion.
Any chance Lenoir-Rhyne will make a trip up 321?

Death Dealer
March 3rd, 2007, 07:03 AM

What about NDSU?

Mountaineer#96
March 3rd, 2007, 10:02 AM
What about NDSU?
from what I understand a game with them this year will not happen, they have already filled in their schedule as well.

I hope it does happen in the near future although, a home and home with them sounds like a great idea. I hate to admit it, but unless our AD Charlie Cobb has got something under his sleeve, we are fishing for a Div II. Maybe Montana State can turn over some game film on Chadron State. xlolx

PSUVikings
March 3rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
Well, since no official schedule has been released yet, I thought we'd get a running start at it by looking at other folks' schedules and see how far we can get. If you get a new date, please update the full schedule and repost it.

Sept. 1 open
Sept. 9 open
Sept. 15 open
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 open
Oct. 6 open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 open
Nov. 3 open
Nov. 10 open

Well, there's two games so far.

Add Michigan

Saint3333
March 3rd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Mr. C,

I know we offered an OVC school $50K and they turned down the offer: smh : .

Here are ASU's open dates and FCS teams with the same open dates:
9/8/07: Chuck South, Murray St., Tenn Tech, Davidson, McNeese, NSU
10/6/07: Chuck South, Murray St., Tenn Tech, Austin Peay
10/13/07: Chuck South

My heart says McNeese, but my head says Chuck South.

Mr. C
March 3rd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Any chance Lenoir-Rhyne will make a trip up 321?
Lenoir-Rhyne already has their schedule filled for 2007.

Mountaineer#96
March 3rd, 2007, 06:09 PM
CSU has got three strikes ................ anyday they want to step up to get a place at the table!

lizrdgizrd
March 4th, 2007, 02:01 PM

Here are ASU's open dates and FCS teams with the same open dates:
9/8/07: Chuck South, Murray St., Tenn Tech, Davidson, McNeese, NSU
10/6/07: Chuck South, Murray St., Tenn Tech, Austin Peay
10/13/07: Chuck South

My heart says McNeese, but my head says Chuck South.
I'm with you on that one. I'd love for us to play McNeese! Somehow Chuck South makes more sense financially. Cheaper to get here from there and vice-versa. :o

lizrdgizrd
March 4th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Add Michigan
Check #128 for the latest.:nod:

lizrdgizrd
March 7th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Bump

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Homecoming / open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

appfan2008
March 7th, 2007, 03:45 PM
wow we still have a lot of work to do and I wonder why nothing is being said about chuck south it only seems logical to play them on one of those days, if they really want that beat down. If they fill one game maybe we could get a D2 or something just to fill out our blasted schedule because this is getting rather embarassing not having one out there

lizrdgizrd
March 8th, 2007, 07:52 AM
wow we still have a lot of work to do and I wonder why nothing is being said about chuck south it only seems logical to play them on one of those days, if they really want that beat down. If they fill one game maybe we could get a D2 or something just to fill out our blasted schedule because this is getting rather embarassing not having one out there
I'd rather them take the time to find some good games rather than just fill the two holes we have left with some junk teams. Chuck South would be fine with me, but let's not jump the gun and grab a DII team if we don't have to.

Mr. C
March 8th, 2007, 08:24 AM
I'd rather them take the time to find some good games rather than just fill the two holes we have left with some junk teams. Chuck South would be fine with me, but let's not jump the gun and grab a DII team if we don't have to.
You may have to take a D-II team, because most FCS squads don't want ANY part of the two-time national champs.

AppGuy04
March 8th, 2007, 09:04 AM
You may have to take a D-II team, because most FCS squads don't want ANY part of the two-time national champs.
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Wimps!:mad:

lizrdgizrd
March 8th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Maybe we can get a patsy FBS team. :thumbsup:

UNHWildCats
March 8th, 2007, 11:19 AM
The FCS options for Appalachian State with one great possible matchup.

September 8th
Weber State
Southern Utah
Saint Peters
Central Connecticut
Davidson
Dayton
Drake
Valparaiso
McNeese
Nicholls
Western Kentucky (Technically FBS)

October 6th
Western Kentucky (Technically FBS)
SE Missouri
Howard
Saint Peters
Northern Iowa (Great rematch this would be from the 05 Championship.)

October 13th
Western Kentuky (Technically FBS)
St Francis

These are dates that I have found no scheduled games for, but of course there maybe already scheduled teams for these opponents.

I think the best they could do would be Northern Iowa and Western Kentucky. Both are very possible since Northern Iowa im sure would love to get some revenge and Western Kentucky is looking to beef up that schedule. Western Kentucky has said they wanna play 6 FBS and 6 FCS games in 07 and they only have 5 FCS games so far.

Mr. C
March 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Charleston Southern is available on Oct. 13. The Bucs, remember, can play a 12th game, because of their trip to Hawaii.

UNHWildCats
March 8th, 2007, 11:32 AM
yup forgot about Chucky. :p

lizrdgizrd
March 8th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't mind playing Chuck South, WKU, UNI, or Howard. Of course I would much prefer just about any FCS team to a DII.

gvilleapp
March 8th, 2007, 05:39 PM
It sure would be nice to have an open date on Oct 13th before consecutive games with GSU, Furman, and Citadel. I would love to see WKU on Sept. 8 and a division II for homecoming on Oct 6th. From an attendance standpoint, the homecoming opponent is irrelevant for us, we should put 25k in the stands for that game assuming good weather.

That should put us at 5-1 heading into the GSU game on Oct 20th with an extra week to prepare for the Eagles. I got a funny feeling we could use that extra week of prep before playing them this year.

Would be great if WKU would do a home and home with us playing them at their place in '07 and them returning the trip to Boone in '08 to open the expanded Kidd Brewer Stadium. May be the only way to get a FBS team to come to Boone.

GGASU
March 8th, 2007, 05:43 PM
That should put us at 5-1 heading into the GSU game on Oct 20th with an extra week to prepare for the Eagles. I got a funny feeling we could use that extra week of prep before playing them this year.

5-1?? I guess that game at Wofford scares you. :smiley_wi

gvilleapp
March 8th, 2007, 08:47 PM
5-1?? I guess that game at Wofford scares you. :smiley_wi
I respect the Terriers, they always play us tough, but I think we will bring our A-game when we play them in Spartanburg Sept 23. Good coaching on both sides of the ball, so I think it will come down to the athletes and we just have more talented players than Wofford. Plus, they will be coming out of their game with NC State and may be a little banged up physically and psychologically. No way our boys won't be ready to prove who is the leader of the pack is in the SoCon.

JaxSinfonian
March 8th, 2007, 08:55 PM

Which one?

Saint3333
March 10th, 2007, 09:21 AM
It was not JSU or EKU.

swaghook
March 10th, 2007, 10:47 AM
You may have to take a D-II team, because most FCS squads don't want ANY part of the two-time national champs.NDSU wanted a piece of them, but they chose to go Michigan instead.

Col Hogan
March 10th, 2007, 12:18 PM
NDSU wanted a piece of them, but they chose to go Michigan instead.

Not much thinking to make that choice...I suppose NDSU, faced with playing either Michigan for mucho $$$$$ and exposure, or playing Appalachian, would have picked (fill in the blank)

swaghook
March 10th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Not much thinking to make that choice...I suppose NDSU, faced with playing either Michigan for mucho $$$$$ and exposure, or playing Appalachian, would have picked (fill in the blank)
Since we already have U of Minnestoa on our schedule and we need a home game it would have been App St. I have little doubt of that.

UNHWildCats
March 10th, 2007, 03:48 PM
i read a rumor that NDSU and Illinois State have completed there schedules with each other at the Fargo Dome

Col Hogan
March 10th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Since we already have U of Minnestoa on our schedule and we need a home game it would have been App St. I have little doubt of that.

And since this is ASU's money game, they picked Michigan...or are you trying to say if NDSU didn't have their money game already lined up, they would have taken Appy over the Gophers?:confused: :confused:

You know, the world doesn't revolve around NDSU, or Appy, or UMass...or any school. This is a business...ASU is taking care of business...

March 10th, 2007, 06:55 PM
... This is a business...ASU is taking care of business...TCB! :nod:

Mr. C
March 11th, 2007, 01:05 AM
NDSU wanted a piece of them, but they chose to go Michigan instead.
I said "most" schools didn't want a piece of them. North Dakota State, much to their credit, made a lot of effort to sign a deal. Too bad money got in the way of it working out. Hopefully these two fine schools will work something out in the future. Anyone in FCS has to applaud the Bison for their willingness to play anyone attitude.

ASU
March 11th, 2007, 01:35 AM
I said "most" schools didn't want a piece of them. North Dakota State, much to their credit, made a lot of effort to sign a deal. Too bad money got in the way of it working out. Hopefully these two fine schools will work something out in the future. Anyone in FCS has to applaud the Bison for their willingness to play anyone attitude.
So who are the final two ASU Football opponents of 2007 Mr. C?

Mr. C
March 11th, 2007, 01:46 AM
No, unfortunately I do not know. I don't know if even Jay Sutton has the answer to that questions right now and he's the guy making the schedule.

AppMan
March 11th, 2007, 07:52 AM
No, unfortunately I do not know. I don't know if even Jay Sutton has the answer to that questions right now and he's the guy making the schedule.

Spoke to Jay at the SoCon Basketball Tournament and the pickings are getting slim. He and Charlie called over 150 FCS & BCS schools looking for games. Some very famaliar names (FCS) declined the offer for a home and home deal with us going to their place the first year. Several SunBelt and MAC teams evidently don't want to take a chance on ASU either. They were looking for a date, but wouldn't ask us out. We have some lines in the water waiting for a bite, but a D-II team is a sure thing at this point. As far as the former AD vs current AD scheduling D-II games is concerned. Laney scheduled them because it was a quick and easy way to get things out of the way. With the current administration, scheduling a D-II school is the absolute last option after all other possibilities have been exhausted.

swaghook
March 11th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Maybe App St could get a D-II game with UND if you have corresponding open dates. I think they are still short a game or two.

lizrdgizrd
March 12th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Please put us out of our misery and fill those last 2 games!!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/sad010.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Homecoming / open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

Keeper
March 13th, 2007, 04:43 AM
As of this posting only 5 FBS schools need to fill
one more date, and only one has dates available
same as App State. That team is Ball State.

The other schools would require dates be moved around:
they are Hawai'i, Illinois, Nevada & Vanderbilt.

lizrdgizrd
March 13th, 2007, 08:14 AM

Any count of available FCS spots?

AppGuy04
March 13th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Maybe App St could get a D-II game with UND if you have corresponding open dates. I think they are still short a game or two.

Most App fans would prefer to have an all DI schedule

Killtoppers90
March 13th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I might try and come up for the GA Southern game. My son (will be a junior in Oct.) is interested in Appy State. Might be a great time to show him the campus. Any ASU folks help me out on what to show him while we are there?

lizrdgizrd
March 13th, 2007, 01:13 PM
I might try and come up for the GA Southern game. My son (will be a junior in Oct.) is interested in Appy State. Might be a great time to show him the campus. Any ASU folks help me out on what to show him while we are there?
What kind of stuff does he like to do? There's a lot of different places depending on what extracurriculars you enjoy. xnodx

Mr. C
March 13th, 2007, 01:15 PM

After Ball State's experience with North Dakota State last season, that is one FBS team that would want NO part of App State. Vanderbilt coach Bobby Johnson knows all too well how good the Mountaineers are from his days at Furman. A game against Illinois would be very dangerous for the Illini and ASU isn't going to repeat the mistake of going to Hawaii. Don't see a game with Nevada happening either.

Keeper
March 14th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Exactly, a 2nd FBS game seems out of the question.
So the best bets remain WKU, Samford, CSU, McNeese, Nicholls.

Mr. C
March 14th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Samford and Nicholls State have announced their schedules. Charleston Southern has announced, but has another game it can fill. McNeese State remains a possibility from what I've been told. Don't know if Western Kentucky is a possibility, or not.

swaghook
March 14th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Most App fans would prefer to have an all DI schedule
Don't we all! but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do to fill the schedule and at least they may be able to put a up a little bit of a fight.

Peems
March 14th, 2007, 11:04 AM
A Mcneese-App game would be awesome.

lizrdgizrd
March 14th, 2007, 11:52 AM
A Mcneese-App game would be awesome.
I'll second that. xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
March 14th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Please put us out of our misery and fill those last 2 games!!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/sad010.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Homecoming / open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

See it's things like THIS that chap my ass about the Griz schedule. ASU has an open date 9/8. The Griz are playing that powerhouse Ft. Lewis on 9/8.

WTF??? xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xbangx xbangx

lizrdgizrd
March 14th, 2007, 01:09 PM
See it's things like THIS that chap my ass about the Griz schedule. ASU has an open date 9/8. The Griz are playing that powerhouse Ft. Lewis on 9/8.

WTF??? xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xbangx xbangx
I bet we cost more than you want to pay for that date. :(

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 01:11 PM

If the fans made the games, it would be so much easier.

It's just too easy for these guys to say "hey, you come here this year, and we'll come there next year"

AZGrizFan
March 14th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I bet we cost more than you want to pay for that date. :(

It's the concept of keeping your respectability that concerns me with the Griz. It just chaps my behind that good---no, make that GREAT---FCS teams are still looking for games, and we schedule creampuffs like Ft Lewis. Makes no sense. xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xbawlingx

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM
It's the concept of keeping your respectability that concerns me with the Griz. It just chaps my behind that good---no, make that GREAT---FCS teams are still looking for games, and we schedule creampuffs like Ft Lewis. Makes no sense. xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xbawlingx

The Griz have a rep for buying out the 2nd game, that hurts you IMO

AZGrizFan
March 14th, 2007, 01:14 PM
The Griz have a rep for buying out the 2nd game, that hurts you IMO

I know, I know....I'm not trying to beat THAT dead horse (wouldn't want to bring 89Rabbit and RapidRabbit out of the woodwork....or worse yet, MplsBison)....but that doesn't change my frustration level with having the Fort Lewis's of the world on our schedule when ASU is available. xcoolx

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I know, I know....I'm not trying to beat THAT dead horse (wouldn't want to bring 89Rabbit and RapidRabbit out of the woodwork....or worse yet, MplsBison)....but that doesn't change my frustration level with having the Fort Lewis's of the world on our schedule when ASU is available. xcoolx

The big problem is, the fans and the AD's have different agendas. It about money to them and good football to us. Unfortunately, those don't work together.

lizrdgizrd
March 14th, 2007, 01:24 PM
The big problem is, the fans and the AD's have different agendas. It about money to them and good football to us. Unfortunately, those don't work together.
Well, not always, but usually they don't. xsmhx

lizrdgizrd
March 21st, 2007, 11:28 AM
Any news or rumors lately?

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Homecoming / open
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

gr8ness97
March 21st, 2007, 11:30 AM
anyone think that homecoming date might be a D-II team of some sort?

DetroitFlyer
March 21st, 2007, 11:56 AM
9/8/07. Call our AD. We have been let's just say hesitant to play games against FCS full scholly teams, but it could not hurt to try.... We just played baseball at your place, ( we were swept ), so there is at least a little bit of a connection between our schools. We ride a bus to Davidson every other year, so it seems like we could ride a bus to Boone....

lizrdgizrd
March 21st, 2007, 12:56 PM
9/8/07. Call our AD. We have been let's just say hesitant to play games against FCS full scholly teams, but it could not hurt to try....
I bet if it could work out cost wise our AD would gladly sign up. xnodx

UNHWildCats
March 21st, 2007, 01:13 PM
Im sure App's AD has already had contact with every AD who has the same dates open.

CID1990
March 21st, 2007, 01:51 PM
This is the price of success in FCS, IMO.

lizrdgizrd
March 21st, 2007, 02:17 PM
Guess you guys don't have this problem. xcoffeex

BigApp
March 21st, 2007, 02:32 PM

unfortunately, you're correct...

T-Dog
March 23rd, 2007, 09:10 PM
Word is on appcountry that our final two games will be against Savannah St and D2 Glenville St (WV). Both are home games.

I'm thinking GSU is the better team.

But in any event, xbawlingx xbawlingx :( :( xsmhx xsmhx xnonono2x xnonono2x xconfusedx xconfusedx

gr8ness97
March 23rd, 2007, 09:15 PM
lol i bet sav st is for homecoming...

T-Dog
March 23rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
The open dates on their (SSU) schedule are 9/29 and 11/3. We got Citadel on 11/3 and Elon on 9/29. I haven't seen Elon come out with a schedule yet though. So something got moved around cause our homecoming is on 10/6 and Sav St is at Chuck South that day.

Glenville St is open on 10/6 though.

appfan2008
March 24th, 2007, 04:55 PM
The open dates on their (SSU) schedule are 9/29 and 11/3. We got Citadel on 11/3 and Elon on 9/29. I haven't seen Elon come out with a schedule yet though. So something got moved around cause our homecoming is on 10/6 and Sav St is at Chuck South that day.

Glenville St is open on 10/6 though.
some very contradictory data coming out obviously so I guess we will have to wait till it comes out officially.

who knows when that will happen though.

I would hate to see those two schools come to town.

Can we not do better than that???

UNHWildCats
March 24th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Savannah State has released its 2007 schedule.

Mr. C
March 24th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Savannah State had just 10 games on the released schedule on its website. Word at App State this morning was that the Mountaineers might be releasing their schedule this week, which would confirm some of the stuff above.

UNHWildCats
March 24th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Savannah State had just 10 games on the released schedule on its website. Word at App State this morning was that the Mountaineers might be releasing their schedule this week, which would confirm some of the stuff above.

Ooops indeed they do only have 10 games.

In either case Savannah State has a game on September 29 and November 3 already.

Savannah States open dates are September 22 and November 10

Mr. C
March 24th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Ooops indeed they do only have 10 games.

In either case Savannah State has a game on September 29 and November 3 already.

Savannah State's open dates are September 22 and November 10
Expect a change in date for the tentative Elon game to accomodate Savannah State.

UNHWildCats
March 24th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Expect a change in date for the tentative Elon game to accomodate Savannah State.

They both have the 8th open.

lizrdgizrd
March 27th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Any word on when this announcement might happen?

appfan2008
March 27th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Savannah St. is basically a D2 school... so our schedule will have 2 D2 quality schools?

That is pathetic!

dbackjon
March 27th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Savannah St. is basically a D2 school... so our schedule will have 2 D2 quality schools?

That is pathetic!

Condesending, much?

Too bad App St isn't playing Duke, since they are basically a D2 football school as well.

lizrdgizrd
March 27th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Condesending, much?

Too bad App St isn't playing Duke, since they are basically a D2 football school as well.
xlolx

Mr. C
March 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Condesending, much?

Watch out, or you're going to raise the ire of appfan2008, our resident Blue Devil homer. I'm sure he would be rooting for Duke, if his college team (ASU) was playing the Blue Devils.

appsfan
March 27th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Condesending, much?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

appfan2008
March 27th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Condesending, much?

now you know good and well Duke is not a D2 level school...

they are better than the most fcs schools as well, but not all

appfan2008
March 27th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Watch out, or you're going to raise the ire of appfan2008, our resident Blue Devil homer. I'm sure he would be rooting for Duke, if his college team (ASU) was playing the Blue Devils.
if asu played duke in football i would root for asu

if asu played duke in basketball i would want a good game

somethings you just dont understand Mr. C... that way you treat me for loving Duke University is just slightly ridiculous... I have said nothing about you and fresno st xnonox xpeacex

Mr. C
March 27th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Duke got shutout by Richmond, a middle of the pack Atlantic 10 team last season. Duke also had a winless season in one of the worst ACC seasons that many of us could ever remember. There are plenty of FCS teams that would have cleaned the Blue Devils' clock last season.

Mr. C
March 27th, 2007, 10:22 PM

somethings you just dont understand Mr. C... that way you treat me for loving Duke University is just slightly ridiculous... I have said nothing about you and fresno st xnonox xpeacex
No, I don't understand a person who roots more for a school that he doesn't attend than the one he does (your comments betray you there). I have been befuddled for all of the time I have lived in Boone that so many students DO NOT support their own school, but do support Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake Forest etc.

I don't have any reason not to support Fresno State. I hold my degree from there and I also grew up in Fresno, Ca. Who else would I support?

What I find strange is that you seem more interested in Duke than your own school.

appfan2008
March 27th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Duke got shutout by Richmond, a middle of the pack Atlantic 10 team last season. Duke also had a winless season in one of the worst ACC seasons that many of us could ever remember. There are plenty of FCS teams that would have cleaned the Blue Devils' clock last season.
do you really think so?

or do you think it may have something to do with a richmond team that was hot early and was excited for the game playing against a Duke team that had a ton of injuries was starting a walkon quarterback and had no reason to get up for a game against a fcs school... Duke improved as the year went on as i am sure you dont know because you probably just check scores and dont even notice that we were very competitive against a number of teams including a play as the clock went out against miami to win (i was there) but you probably didnt know that with your dislike of the blue devils because they are everything you arent... that is why you dont like them that is why most people dont like them... most of the students are rich the campus is prettier than any other the sports teams other than football are very good what i am getting at is i dont appreciate a) getting put down for liking two schools because you dont know my situation you dont know what duke means to me and family so dont judge me and b) taking your hatred of the blue devils out on me

thank you

appfan2008
March 27th, 2007, 10:30 PM
No, I don't understand a person who roots more for a school that he doesn't attend than the one he does (your comments betray you there). I have been befuddled for all of the time I have lived in Boone that so many students DO NOT support their own school, but do support Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake Forest etc.

I don't have any reason not to support Fresno State. I hold my degree from there and I also grew up in Fresno, Ca. Who else would I support?

What I find strange is that you seem more interested in Duke than your own school.
Mr. C is it my fault that I grew up a duke fan?

How am I not supporting my own school when this year alone I have been to every home football game plus the national title gardner webb and western carolina... I made every mens bball games and a few womens... I went to most volleyball matches a couple of wrestling meets a track and field event and a couple of soccer games... in years past when the baseball team plays in boone i go to there games as well...

dont tell me i dont support my own school

proasu89
March 27th, 2007, 10:32 PM

The basketball comment sums up what exactly what ASU is up against when it comes to hoops loyalty.xsmhx I will not apologize for likeing UNC only because I LOVE ASU. I have never chosen to stay home and watch the Heels at the expense of the Mountaineers, and I didn't go the first game at the HCC to see the Heels. I went to the game to see the Heels get beat. To get to the point, it does make you less of a caveman to go with Geicoxnonox

bobbythekidd
March 27th, 2007, 10:36 PM
they are better than the most fcs schools as well, but not all

Duke was ranked 90th in the Sagarin rankings. 78 I-A teams above them. 40 I-A teams below them.
12 I-AA teams above them.(Yes, FCS, I know.)

You are right, appfan2008! ...and Duke still sucks.

appfan2008
March 27th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I dont care how many root against me but there is nothing wrong with giving all i got to my school and giving a little to my families school and what they are about

just because i have come to asu does not mean that i should have to give up what my family has preached to me since birth!

appfan2008
March 27th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Duke was ranked 90th in the Sagarin rankings. 78 I-A teams above them. 40 I-A teams below them.

THANK YOU

I love you bobby

Mr. C
March 27th, 2007, 10:45 PM

Sagarin's ratings are not always all that accurate. Richmond BEAT Duke. I don't have Sagarin's stuff in front of me, but I bet he has Duke ranked ahead of Richmond. Ralph could probably fill you in on the strengths and weaknesses of Sagarin better than I.

appfan2008
March 27th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Sagarin's ratings are not always all that accurate. Richmond BEAT Duke. I don't have Sagarin's stuff in front of me, but I bet he has Duke ranked ahead of Richmond. Ralph could probably fill you in on the strengths and weaknesses of Sagarin better than I.
well whether it works or not is irrevelant because both you and i have not come up with anything better have we???

bobbythekidd
March 27th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Don't pull me in the middle of this...xsmhx The comment was made, "Duke was better than most FCS teams." I dug around and found the only resource I know of to back that up. I wish it were not so.
Sagarin is the only ranking I know of that would include FBS and FCS, that's the only reason I use it.

I don't claim it to be the "end all" of rankings. I care not, what the strengths and weaknesses may be. When something better comes along I will use it, till then, the only thing I have is Sagarin.

Mr. C
March 27th, 2007, 11:19 PM
I found the Sagarin ratings on the internet and found 39 FCS teams rated ahead of Duke, including programs such as San Diego, Sacramento State and newby Central Arkansas. Duke was ranked 153 overall in Division I. Richmond was ranked 131. Appalachian State, for example, was ranked 53rd overall. There were another 10 FCS teams who were within a couple of points of Duke and several more within like four points, meaning that in Sagarin's ratings, they would have been favored over the Blue Devils, if they were playing at home. There were 241 teams rated by Sagarin. St. Peter's was ranked last. About one-third of the teams in FCS were ranked ahead of Duke and some 40 percent of the FCS would have been favored against Duke in a home game. That may not be "MOST," but it is a significant amount of schools.

appfan2008
March 28th, 2007, 08:20 AM
i believe i said duke would have been a better than average fcs team and you are happily proving my point... asu's ranking of 53 is pretty impressive...

mr. c do you know what the highest an fcs team has finish the season in those rankings

lizrdgizrd
March 28th, 2007, 08:53 AM
because they are everything you arent
What? Obnoxious, spoiled and smug?

that is why you dont like them that is why most people dont like them
Yeah, we don't like them because they're obnoxious, spoiled and smug

most of the students are rich
and spoiled

the campus is prettier than any other
It's nice but not the best looking campus in the US

the sports teams other than football are very good
except when they're not, like this year.

MYTAPPY
March 28th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Soooo....How about that schedulexwhistlex

SoCon48
March 28th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Add one more to the list of fans who have Duke as their #2. You won't see me wearing Duke garb to App games though nor missing an App game to see Duke. Starting pulling for Duke when I watched a game in Wallace Wade on my Dad's shoulders at age 4. Duke vs UNC 1953.

lizrdgizrd
March 30th, 2007, 12:42 PM
So, now there's word that we might play UNI on Oct 6. Guess that'd be at home since it's homecoming. Sounds like a good matchup! That leaves us one more open date.

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Homecoming University of Northern Iowa
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

BrevardMountaineer03
March 31st, 2007, 04:57 PM
So, now there's word that we might play UNI on Oct 6. Guess that'd be at home since it's homecoming. Sounds like a good matchup! That leaves us one more open date.

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

Okay, I know ASU hasn't announced the schedule, is there any validity to Oct. 6? That would be an awesome game if there were.

appfan2008
March 31st, 2007, 05:26 PM
Add one more to the list of fans who have Duke as their #2. You won't see me wearing Duke garb to App games though nor missing an App game to see Duke. Starting pulling for Duke when I watched a game in Wallace Wade on my Dad's shoulders at age 4. Duke vs UNC 1953.
thank you and neither would i

nothing wrong with a second favorite school... as long as it doesnt get in the way of the first!

appfan2008
March 31st, 2007, 05:27 PM
Why would each of us want to play that game/ wouldnt the travel costs be too much???

slostang
March 31st, 2007, 08:54 PM
Why would each of us want to play that game/ wouldnt the travel costs be too much???
One, because you are running out of options.

Two, it would be one of the better FCS games in 2007. You can bet that I would watch it if it was video streamed or on TV and listen to it on the internet if it was not.

appfan2008
March 31st, 2007, 08:59 PM
One, because you are running out of options.

Two, it would be one of the better FCS games in 2007. You can bet that I would watch it if it was video streamed or on TV and listen to it on the internet if it was not.
i guess you have a point and being that i was complaining a few days ago about the idea that we may have to play sav. st and a d2 then i should be happy about a quality team to play...

Chi Panther
April 1st, 2007, 12:17 AM

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

If UNI is playing in Boone on Oct 6th....I guess I'll just have to buy a plane ticket from Denver.

With all due respect to both ADs, I think this game is a terrible idea.

UNI has Extremely HIGH hopes for this season and playing Iowa State, South Dakota State and App State all on the road along with having to play the Gateway sched......is alot to ask IMO. This is not being a pussy, but just flat out saying there is a legit chance of going 7-4 and being on the outside looking in.....when a few plays the other way....could be 10-1.....xconfusedx

GGASU
April 1st, 2007, 01:35 AM
If UNI is playing in Boone on Oct 6th....I guess I'll just have to buy a plane ticket from Denver.

UNI has Extremely HIGH hopes for this season and playing Iowa State, South Dakota State and App State all on the road along with having to play the Gateway sched......is alot to ask IMO. This is not being a pussy, but just flat out saying there is a legit chance of going 7-4 and being on the outside looking in.....when a few plays the other way....could be 10-1.....xconfusedx

I think 7-4 with that kind of brutal road schedule could still get you in the playoffs.

Lets both pull off upsets and go into the game undefeated ranked #1 and #2.xthumbsupx

Tod
April 1st, 2007, 03:25 AM
I think 7-4 with that kind of brutal road schedule could still get you in the playoffs.

Lets both pull off upsets and go into the game undefeated ranked #1 and #2.xthumbsupx

Uh, the word "NO" springs to mind! xnonox xnonox xnonox

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Sir William
April 1st, 2007, 07:39 PM
Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

Here's the final piece to the puzzle...home game against North Greenville University on August 25. They need a game, too...give'em a call. For NGU to play at KBS would be somewhat equal to App going to the big house in Ann Arbor. :)

This might sound ridiculous, I know...then again, maybe not. Consider it a warm-up for Michigan. In all honesty, at this point, it may be the most viable option. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
April 1st, 2007, 07:45 PM
Here's the final piece to the puzzle...home game against North Greenville University on August 25. They need a game, too...give'em a call. For NGU to play at KBS would be somewhat equal to App going to the big house in Ann Arbor. :)

This might sound ridiculous, I know...then again, maybe not. Consider it a warm-up for Michigan. In all honesty, at this point, it may be the most viable option. xthumbsupx
I sure hope we dont have to dip down and play ngu...

I would like to play uni as it would be a great ooc test for both of us and a great replay of the title game a year and a half ago

Sir William
April 1st, 2007, 07:47 PM
I sure hope we dont have to dip down and play ngu...

I feel your pain.

appfan2008
April 1st, 2007, 07:49 PM
yeah but it seems like that may be what it comes down to ... :(

Sir William
April 1st, 2007, 07:50 PM
Take the win, and head to Big Blue.

lizrdgizrd
April 2nd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Take the win, and head to Big Blue.
Why take the chance at someone getting injured before we go to Michigan? It won't count towards playoff eligibility so why bother?

andy7171
April 2nd, 2007, 09:11 AM

With that OOC schedule and a 7-4 record, I'd be willing to bet you'd be in.

UNI MadCat
April 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Ok, LizrdGzrd, please tell me you are joking by penciling UNI to come down to Boone on 10/6?!?! If I follow your path to penciling in, you've done nothing more than look at the threads where we talked about how it might have become a reality -- but all based on speculation, nothing confirmed or really even slightly hinted at by either school. I simply said on another thread that there are people talking about it as in -- it was a rumor on our own message boards by fans. There was absolutely nothing confirmed about it. It was just people on our board speculating about it (as a home game for UNI in fact) and then I came on AGS to see if anyone knew about it, and by the next day it somehow has turned into it being penciled into the schedule. Again, THERE IS NOTHING CONFIRMED ABOUT UNI vs ASU!!! And why am I the first one to say something 3 days later??? No one else seems to think its odd that LG just put it into the schedule?? Please, someone tell me what I missed.

It's no wonder coaches and ADs hate the Internets.

lizrdgizrd
April 2nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
Ok, LizrdGzrd, please tell me you are joking by penciling UNI to come down to Boone on 10/6?!?! If I follow your path to penciling in, you've done nothing more than look at the threads where we talked about how it might have become a reality -- but all based on speculation, nothing confirmed or really even slightly hinted at by either school. I simply said on another thread that there are people talking about it as in -- it was a rumor on our own message boards by fans. There was absolutely nothing confirmed about it. It was just people on our board speculating about it (as a home game for UNI in fact) and then I came on AGS to see if anyone knew about it, and by the next day it somehow has turned into it being penciled into the schedule. Again, THERE IS NOTHING CONFIRMED ABOUT UNI vs ASU!!! And why am I the first one to say something 3 days later??? No one else seems to think its odd that LG just put it into the schedule?? Please, someone tell me what I missed.

It's no wonder coaches and ADs hate the Internets.
Slow down. Take a breath. Now. I put UNI in on 10/6 because it's the only opening both teams have and b/c of the rumors that it might happen. If you'll look back through the entire thread you'll see that I put several different potential games at several slots but none were in bold until confirmed somewhere. Note that the 10/6 game is not in bold. Therefore I'm not suggesting that it's confirmed. Besides, this is only a message board, not an official outlet for season schedules. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xpeacex

UNI MadCat
April 2nd, 2007, 10:59 AM
Slow down. Take a breath. Now. I put UNI in on 10/6 because it's the only opening both teams have and b/c of the rumors that it might happen. If you'll look back through the entire thread you'll see that I put several different potential games at several slots but none were in bold until confirmed somewhere. Note that the 10/6 game is not in bold. Therefore I'm not suggesting that it's confirmed. Besides, this is only a message board, not an official outlet for season schedules. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xpeacex

Which is my point. Why even put it in there in the fashion that you are? Only dopes like me read a 25 page thread. Others simply look at the latest updates and take it as fact. I just think its kind of hilarious how essentially message board chat could grow into more than that.

Honestly though, I think my vested interest is really because, again, from a fun factor I want this game so badly -- either in CF or Boone. So its kind of like Christmas as a kid and you are speculating as to what gift you might get. You are showing me the box that I KNOW is my new super nintendo with Super Mario Brothers 3 in it, only come Christmas morning I open up my big box first, tear into it b/c I KNOW what it is, only to find out that it is a new winter coat.

The more people talk about it (myself included), the more I get excited... we're just setting ourselves up for winter coats!!! xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
April 2nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
Which is my point. Why even put it in there in the fashion that you are? Only dopes like me read a 25 page thread. Others simply look at the latest updates and take it as fact. I just think its kind of hilarious how essentially message board chat could grow into more than that.

Honestly though, I think my vested interest is really because, again, from a fun factor I want this game so badly -- either in CF or Boone. So its kind of like Christmas as a kid and you are speculating as to what gift you might get. You are showing me the box that I KNOW is my new super nintendo with Super Mario Brothers 3 in it, only come Christmas morning I open up my big box first, tear into it b/c I KNOW what it is, only to find out that it is a new winter coat.

The more people talk about it (myself included), the more I get excited... we're just setting ourselves up for winter coats!!! xsmiley_wix
I'm trying to figure out our schedule. I put in likely games when I hear about them and remove them when they're not true or make them bold when confirmed. You'll note the Gardner-Webb game isn't confirmed yet either. I would have put Savannah St. and Glenville St. on too but I never saw any likely dates.

appfan2008
April 2nd, 2007, 01:26 PM
I think the key here is mad cat answered his own question by saying why did you PENCIL them in... because that is exactly what the definition of PENCILING somebody in is... it isnt for sure... its just a possibility

lizrdgizrd
April 4th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Any word on the possible UNI matchup?

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 open
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

appfan2008
April 4th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Has the school said when they might announce the schedule?
I thought I heard it was coming out a little while ago but then it didnt.
Anyone know anything?

asu7
April 5th, 2007, 09:56 AM
too much purple on that schedule

appfan2008
April 5th, 2007, 10:12 AM
too much purple on that schedule
there always is and next year we add jmu!