PDA

View Full Version : Aug 19 2017 AGS Upstate SC/WNC gathering

catamount man
April 15th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Giving you guys PLENTY of heads up time. 2pm at Carolina Ale House on Woodruff Road. Just like last year. Last gathering the following FCS teams were represented: Furman, Citadel, Wofford, WCU, North Dakota State and FBS Appalachian State.

4 months and counting. See you there. GO CATS!!!

IBleedYellow
April 15th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Southern Bison,

Represent us with pride, sir.

BisonFan02
April 16th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Roadtrip.

kdinva
April 17th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Furman and ElCid in the same room?

citdog
April 17th, 2017, 12:54 PM

Was just a normal supper around the table at my house growing up...

furman sucks

Bisonoline
April 17th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Roadtrip.

Serious?

BisonFan02
April 17th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Serious?

Only if the POD drives and we hit up every single Waffle House seen during the trip.

POD Knows
April 17th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Only if the POD drives and we hit up every single Waffle House seen during the trip.

Guys from the south talk too slow and it takes them too long to tell a story, the language barrier would be too great.

cx500d
April 17th, 2017, 08:12 PM
And that just accounts for the waitstaff at the waffle houses.

Guys from the south talk too slow and it takes them too long to tell a story, the language barrier would be too great.

BisonFan02
April 17th, 2017, 08:19 PM
And that just accounts for the waitstaff at the waffle houses.

The POD lacks culture. :D

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2017, 10:28 PM

Get those under cooked eggs?

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2017, 10:28 PM
The POD lacks culture. :D

^^^

OL FU
April 18th, 2017, 03:35 AM

In that case, I'll be there.:p

POD Knows
April 18th, 2017, 07:07 AM
Get those under cooked eggs, under cooked bacon, under toasted toast and uncooked waffle batter?

FYP

IBleedYellow
April 18th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Love me some Waffle House.

Now I know the rest of you are idiots.

walliver
April 18th, 2017, 08:49 AM

It's quite common. The FU people drop off their luggage and the Citadel grads take it up to their rooms. They also spit into their Chardonnay's before delivering them.

POD Knows
April 18th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Love me some Waffle House.

Now I know the rest of you are idiots.

I will send you the address of that **** hole we ate at in Dallas a couple years back. I have traveled on business for about 35 years and probably eaten in over a 1,000 different places, this was easily the worst meal I have ever had in my life, and that is saying a lot.

You have to try pretty hard to screw up a breakfast but I have to admire their effort in that regards. Kudo's WH. xthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2017, 09:19 AM
I'm supposed to be in Raleigh the week of this. Maybe I'll delay my return trip home and drive down.

BisonFan02
April 18th, 2017, 06:37 PM
I will send you the address of that **** hole we ate at in Dallas a couple years back. I have traveled on business for about 35 years and probably eaten in over a 1,000 different places, this was easily the worst meal I have ever had in my life, and that is saying a lot.

You have to try pretty hard to screw up a breakfast but I have to admire their effort in that regards. Kudo's WH. xthumbsupx

My food was just fine. Maybe the local staff could sense a disturbance in the force and realized you were trouble. xlolx

catamount man
April 18th, 2017, 07:08 PM
I'm supposed to be in Raleigh the week of this. Maybe I'll delay my return trip home and drive down.

Heck yeah, the more the merrier. We need a Southland Conference perspective. GO CATS!!!

Winterborn
April 18th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Giving you guys PLENTY of heads up time. 2pm at Carolina Ale House on Woodruff Road. Just like last year. Last gathering the following FCS teams were represented: Furman, Citadel, Wofford, WCU, North Dakota State and FBS Appalachian State.

4 months and counting. See you there. GO CATS!!!

If you would of posted this a couple of days earlier I would of been able to buy you a beer. xdrunkyx Just drove though Greenville on my way to Atlanta last Wednesday. Maybe I can finagle another trip out that way around this time from work.

BTW: Why Carolina Ale House? There is a perfectly good Twin Peaks just up the road. :D

catamount man
April 19th, 2017, 06:14 AM
If you would of posted this a couple of days earlier I would of been able to buy you a beer. xdrunkyx Just drove though Greenville on my way to Atlanta last Wednesday. Maybe I can finagle another trip out that way around this time from work.

BTW: Why Carolina Ale House? There is a perfectly good Twin Peaks just up the road. :D

CAH has the outdoor bar. TP is fine but I'm afraid I wouldn't be listening to a damn thing you guys would be saying. HA!

ElCid
April 19th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Probably a go, but still too far out to commit. The eclipse is 21 Aug and I may be down in Charleston with family to watch. But maybe not, and in that case I will be there!

catamount man
April 22nd, 2017, 11:12 AM
http://eatupdrinkup.net/ Here is a place downtown. It's a rooftop bar. They sell Schlitz. SWEET!

Carolina Ale House, Twin Peaks, Up on the Roof..........feel free to add another Gville establishment and we can decide sometime DEFINITELY in July. GO CATS!!!

FUBeAR
April 22nd, 2017, 11:40 AM
Went here when I went to FU's Spring Scrimmage a couple of weeks ago. Really interesting concept & nice place.

http://greenville.pourtaproom.com/

catamount man
April 22nd, 2017, 11:49 AM
Went here when I went to FU's Spring Scrimmage a couple of weeks ago. Really interesting concept & nice place.

Looks good. Swamp Rabbit Brewery in Travelers Rest is nice as well.

citdog
April 22nd, 2017, 12:13 PM
Somebody better be eating at Tommy's Ham House for me...

FUBeAR
April 23rd, 2017, 08:24 AM

Yep - did that when this Bear and I went to GVL for the SoCon Baseball Tourney last year.

https://s30.postimg.org/9q33oxvfl/Bear_At_Tommys2.jpg

You can't beat Tommy's!

OL FU
April 23rd, 2017, 08:35 AM

Pour's a good spot. Don't think Catamount Man is a fan of downtown:) On the other hand, I am not a fan of Woodruff Rd. But the good thing about The Ale House on woodruff rd is if we have out of towners driving on I85, then that is the right spot for easy access.

catamount man
April 23rd, 2017, 09:03 PM
Pour's a good spot. Don't think Catamount Man is a fan of downtown:) On the other hand, I am not a fan of Woodruff Rd. But the good thing about The Ale House on woodruff rd is if we have out of towners driving on I85, then that is the right spot for easy access.

Yep 8/13/11 was a bad day. Dang cheap pints of Yuengling. HA! Grown up a little since then.

PurpleStreamers
April 27th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Might have to make the quick trip from Greensboro so the champs have (annoying I know) representation ;)

OL FU
April 27th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Might have to make the quick trip from Greensboro so the champs have (annoying I know) representation ;)

you can talk about last year all you want. Just don't mention 2004

Daytripper
April 28th, 2017, 01:17 PM

If you spoke to the employees before you got your food, I'm guessing the did it on purpose....:D

AshevilleApp2
April 29th, 2017, 02:17 PM

Cussing involved below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltsysPgAwKQ&t=11s

citdog
April 29th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Cussing involved below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltsysPgAwKQ&t=11s

"A Southern Shangri La" :D

Southern Bison
April 29th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Roadtrip.
Save your roadtrip to the Carolinas for October 12-15th (more details to come)...Upstate Bison & I got this covered.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
April 29th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Did that for you a couple years ago...the owner remembered y'all.

cx500d
April 29th, 2017, 03:54 PM

I heard their Cream of Botulism soup is pretty good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
April 29th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Save your roadtrip to the Carolinas for October 12-15th (more details to come)...Upstate Bison & I got this covered.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1M9fmo1WAFVK0/giphy.gif
http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/phi/philadelphia-eagles
Oh....yeah....that. xlolx

Southern Bison
May 1st, 2017, 08:11 AM
The Bison Alumni & Fans of the Carolinas along with Pat Simmers of TeamMakers are working to put together a great 4-day weekend in Charlotte & Youngstown on October 12th-15. Carson Wentz & the Eagles will play in Charlotte on Thursday night following a NDSU Alumni & Fans - Carolinas Region sponsered Tailgate Party near BoA Stadium.

We'll then depart for Youngstown on Friday afternoon to Canton, OH to the hotel. Saturday afternoon, we'll head to YSU for another tailgate bash & the game.

Some special tours we are looking at during the mornings are the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Motor Speedway, & NASCAR race shops on Friday & a stop at the NFL Hall of Fame on Saturday morning.

You can PM me here, email us, or contact the NDSU TeamMakers office for more details.
[email protected]

POD Knows
May 1st, 2017, 08:13 AM
If you spoke to the employees before you got your food, I'm guessing the did it on purpose....:D

I got to admit, this is pretty good. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
May 1st, 2017, 12:02 PM
The Bison Alumni & Fans of the Carolinas along with Pat Simmers of TeamMakers are working to put together a great 4-day weekend in Charlotte & Youngstown on October 12th-15. Carson Wentz & the Eagles will play in Charlotte on Thursday night following a NDSU Alumni & Fans - Carolinas Region sponsered Tailgate Party near BoA Stadium.

We'll then depart for Youngstown on Friday afternoon to Canton, OH to the hotel. Saturday afternoon, we'll head to YSU for another tailgate bash & the game.

Some special tours we are looking at during the mornings are the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Motor Speedway, & NASCAR race shops on Friday & a stop at the NFL Hall of Fame on Saturday morning.

You can PM me here, email us, or contact the NDSU TeamMakers office for more details.
[email protected]

That's really cool man.

BisonFan02
May 1st, 2017, 12:29 PM

[email protected]

Waffle House or I'm out. #merica :D

Southern Bison
May 1st, 2017, 12:30 PM
Damn straight there will be a WH run!

TheKingpin28
May 1st, 2017, 07:32 PM

Damn straight there will be a WH run!

Oh I might have to go. If POD Knows comes as well, I will most likely commit. I am starting a new job in August/September so it all comes down to how it breaks out.

Southern Bison
May 1st, 2017, 07:34 PM
Oh I might have to go. If POD Knows comes as well, I will most likely commit. I am starting a new job in August/September so it all comes down to how it breaks out.
If y'all are interested in the trip, contact the TeamMakers office & let Pat know.

Bisonoline
May 1st, 2017, 09:10 PM
If y'all are interested in the trip, contact the TeamMakers office & let Pat know.

I sent an email.

TheKingpin28
May 1st, 2017, 11:24 PM

Will do. I won't know until August unfortunately but if I get the opportunity to, I would in a heartbeat.

AshevilleApp2
May 2nd, 2017, 01:43 PM
So August 19th for the world get together and October for the Buffs. Got it.

citdog
May 2nd, 2017, 01:44 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71oP9EmpyrL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

Predicted to arrive in 200 years.

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2017, 11:04 PM
Oh I might have to go. If POD Knows comes as well, I will most likely commit. I am starting a new job in August/September so it all comes down to how it breaks out. I got to think about this, freaking Youngstown, why would I pay to get there, it is the asshole of the world and I am not just saying that, it is documented in Wikipedia I think.

I am kind of jazzed for the Delaware deal but Youngstown, I dunno boys, got to think about it. The Eagles thing is cool. I hate vacations, so there is that.

BisonFan02
May 2nd, 2017, 11:06 PM
I got to think about this, freaking Youngstown, why would I pay to get there, it is the asshole of the world and I am not just saying that, it is documented in Wikipedia I think.

I am kind of jazzed for the Delaware deal but Youngstown, I dunno boys, got to think about it. The Eagles thing is cool. I hate vacations, so there is that.

http://i.imgur.com/b95UPhF.gif

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2017, 11:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b95UPhF.gif

Seriously, what are your stupid GIF's supposed to mean? I know it captured you the humor award for this site but I just don't get it

BisonFan02
May 2nd, 2017, 11:25 PM
Seriously, what are your stupid GIF's supposed to mean? I know it captured you the humor award for this site but I just don't get it

#context xlolx I'll go to Delaware if Supe shows up in a cape and hands me a NY style pizza, a Puerto Rican immigrant presents me Heather Mill's prosthetic leg, and then pays my fare utilizing whatever their national currency is. :D

TheKingpin28
May 2nd, 2017, 11:47 PM
I got to think about this, freaking Youngstown, why would I pay to get there, it is the asshole of the world and I am not just saying that, it is documented in Wikipedia I think.

But then I can rag on you for being a Steelers fan. Youngstown can't be as bad as Vermillion, but Delaware, if all works out, I will most likely be in NYC, so I would drive down or take the train down for that game.

BisonFan02
May 2nd, 2017, 11:53 PM
But then I can rag on you for being a Steelers fan. Youngstown can't be as bad as Vermillion, but Delaware, if all works out, I will most likely be in NYC, so I would drive down or take the train down for that game.

I would PAY to watch you hop on a train stag from NYC to Newark.....:D

TheKingpin28
May 2nd, 2017, 11:57 PM
I would PAY to watch you hop on a train stag from NYC to Newark.....:D

Is there something I should know about hopping on a train as a single guy?

cx500d
May 4th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Ive heard people say Fargo is the asshole of the world, but then I'm reminded that Grand Forks is 60 miles up it. Of course thats not true, Fargo is a great place.

Bisonoline
May 4th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Ive heard people say Fargo is the asshole of the world, but then I'm reminded that Grand Forks is 60 miles up it. Of course thats not true, Fargo is a great place.

Ive always said Fargo isnt the asshole of the world but you can see it from there. Just look north.

cx500d
May 5th, 2017, 05:32 PM
I gotta figure out how to work Vermillion into that one.

Ive always said Fargo isnt the asshole of the world but you can see it from there. Just look north.

POD Knows
May 5th, 2017, 05:39 PM
I was voting for the Eagles last year. Mike Tomlin can suck my balls. He ruined my beloved Steelers. They are one of the softest teams in the league

BisonFan02
May 5th, 2017, 06:46 PM
I gotta figure out how to work Vermillion into that one.

Just picture East Grand Forks.

cx500d
May 5th, 2017, 07:27 PM
I've been to Vermillion several times at the Dakota Dome back in the 80's...I'm sure it hasn't improved. Trying to figure out how I can work Vermillion into an asshole of the world joke, along with Grand Forks, when someone tries to poke me for Fargo. They are the I29 bookends with sphincters at both ends.

Just picture East Grand Forks.

TheKingpin28
May 5th, 2017, 11:48 PM
I was voting for the Eagles last year. Mike Tomlin can suck my balls. He ruined my beloved Steelers. They are one of the softest teams in the league

Yeah I think a lot of us Bison faithful were rooting for the Eagles, or at least Carson. I still love my Ravens though

DoWe
May 6th, 2017, 12:42 AM
Agreed.

Southern Bison
May 19th, 2017, 12:46 PM
The trip is on! If you are seriously interested in going, contact the NDSU TeamMakers office.

[email protected]

youcanbankit
May 19th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Agreed.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25058&stc=1

I thought Tomlin was loved by the team and city....???

catamount man
May 20th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Bump...especially for the SoCon contingent. GO CATS!!!

catamount man
June 22nd, 2017, 09:27 PM
Bump.

ElCid
June 23rd, 2017, 09:14 AM
I think I may be back in. I was debating when to go up to Virginia to get my Father and sister and bring them down for a visit. It was either for the Eclipse on 21 Aug or the football opener on 2 Sep. Dad said he wants to go to the game so I think I will hang here for the eclipse. It is kind of neat how I am set up for the eclipse. It will pass over both my house here in NC or at my mother in laws house down on the Isle of Palms, so we had options. So I will most likely be there on the 19th!

Winterborn
June 23rd, 2017, 10:49 AM
Was hopping I could make this but it is not looking like I can. Work had the audacity to schedule me to go to Europe. Wish the higher ups realized that it is football season.....

ElCid
June 23rd, 2017, 10:54 AM
Was hopping I could make this but it is not looking like I can. Work had the audacity to schedule me to go to Europe. Wish the higher ups realized that it is football season.....

Football or visit Eurotrash? Hmmmm? Where are you going?

catamount man
June 23rd, 2017, 04:18 PM
Was hopping I could make this but it is not looking like I can. Work had the audacity to schedule me to go to Europe. Wish the higher ups realized that it is football season..... No doubt. Maybe next time. GO CATS!

catamount man
June 23rd, 2017, 04:28 PM
I think I may be back in. I was debating when to go up to Virginia to get my Father and sister and bring them down for a visit. It was either for the Eclipse on 21 Aug or the football opener on 2 Sep. Dad said he wants to go to the game so I think I will hang here for the eclipse. It is kind of neat how I am set up for the eclipse. It will pass over both my house here in NC or at my mother in laws house down on the Isle of Palms, so we had options. So I will most likely be there on the 19th! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

catamount man
July 1st, 2017, 12:13 PM
Exactly 7 weeks. GO CATS!!!

walliver
July 1st, 2017, 06:39 PM
I'm hoping to make the event ... my titanium knee should be working by then. But, there is a 50% chance I have to work that weekend, and Greenville is a little too far away to go when on call.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

catamount man
July 2nd, 2017, 04:06 PM
I'm hoping to make the event ... my titanium knee should be working by then. But, there is a 50% chance I have to work that weekend, and Greenville is a little too far away to go when on call.

Completely understand. Hope you can make it. GO CATS!!!

citdog
July 2nd, 2017, 05:00 PM

I know, as the founder of the feast, that if you make it you will NOT be going to work on Monday. Consuming prodigious amounts of alcohol is a REQUIREMENT as well as being completely delusional about your teams prospects for victory.

walliver
July 2nd, 2017, 07:02 PM
I know, as the founder of the feast, that if you make it you will NOT be going to work on Monday. Consuming prodigious amounts of alcohol is a REQUIREMENT as well as being completely delusional about your teams prospects for victory.

My impression is that you are completely delusional about your team's prospects without alcoholic contribution ... either that or you are always under the influence.😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

citdog
July 2nd, 2017, 07:35 PM
My impression is that you are completely delusional about your team's prospects without alcoholic contribution ... either that or you are always under the influence.

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/13259580_625018630982441_1160963118_n.jpg?ig_cache _key=MTI2MzE2MTAwNzQwNTgyMjY3MQ%3D%3D.2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDg6UDWXgAAwqcH.jpg

walliver
July 2nd, 2017, 07:36 PM
17-3

catamount man
July 29th, 2017, 02:50 PM
BUMP. 3 weeks from today. 2pm or thereabouts. Hopefully we get the outdoor bar table again. Panthers vs Texans preseason game. I thought that was the same game as last year but it was Panthers-Titans last year. Oops.

Winterborn
July 29th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Football or visit Eurotrash? Hmmmm? Where are you going?

I know tough choice. If being a football fan paid more.......... :D Right now I am scheduled for Pontchâteau (FR) and Prague. What remains to be seen is if I can finagle another week and visit our company's site in Norway.

NorthChuckSouth
July 31st, 2017, 09:44 PM
I was going to try to make it up there for this but got pulled into coaching JV football on the side down here and we have a scrimmage that day so unfortunately i can't make it.

catamount man
August 1st, 2017, 06:43 AM
I was going to try to make it up there for this but got pulled into coaching JV football on the side down here and we have a scrimmage that day so unfortunately i can't make it.
That sucks. Maybe next year.

TheRevSFA
August 1st, 2017, 08:08 AM
I think I may be back in. I was debating when to go up to Virginia to get my Father and sister and bring them down for a visit. It was either for the Eclipse on 21 Aug or the football opener on 2 Sep. Dad said he wants to go to the game so I think I will hang here for the eclipse. It is kind of neat how I am set up for the eclipse. It will pass over both my house here in NC or at my mother in laws house down on the Isle of Palms, so we had options. So I will most likely be there on the 19th!

I won't be able to make this event, but ironically, I'll be on a plane to Raleigh during the eclipse...pretty sweet.

ElCid
August 1st, 2017, 07:16 PM
I won't be able to make this event, but ironically, I'll be on a plane to Raleigh during the eclipse...pretty sweet.

That's pretty cool.

TheRevSFA
August 1st, 2017, 07:29 PM
That's pretty cool.

Hopefully!

catamount man
August 1st, 2017, 07:41 PM
Rev, just don't look out the window.

ElCid
August 1st, 2017, 07:44 PM
Hopefully!

If you promise to worship me, I will make the sun come back.

TheRevSFA
August 1st, 2017, 09:05 PM

Do I need to sacrifice to appease you almighty diety?

cx500d
August 1st, 2017, 09:08 PM

No, I kind of like the sun obscured, keeping the temps low this summer

Milktruck74
August 1st, 2017, 09:24 PM
so, if y'all will include east TN AGS in your round up, I might try to swing down...2 hr drive from the house. I have a Kid's Triathlon in the morning, but could show up fashionably late (about 3) ifyou will have me. And as long as I can clear it with the Warden (wife).

catamount man
August 2nd, 2017, 08:30 PM
so, if y'all will include east TN AGS in your round up, I might try to swing down...2 hr drive from the house. I have a Kid's Triathlon in the morning, but could show up fashionably late (about 3) ifyou will have me. And as long as I can clear it with the Warden (wife). Come on down. It's the Carolina Ale House on Woodruff Rd. exit 51 I-85. UTC has never had a voice at our get together. GO CATS!!!

catamount man
August 11th, 2017, 04:51 PM
8 days!

catamount man
August 14th, 2017, 08:53 PM
5 DAYS! Glad we can FINALLY focus on beer, football and hopefully a big titted waitress!!!

rtzlunar
August 14th, 2017, 09:17 PM
5 DAYS! Glad we can FINALLY focus on beer, football and hopefully a big titted waitress!!!

If it's a big tittied waitress you want, go down the street to Twin Peaks. That's where I hung out last year before the Mocs game at Furman.

catamount man
August 15th, 2017, 08:37 PM
If it's a big tittied waitress you want, go down the street to Twin Peaks. That's where I hung out last year before the Mocs game at Furman. I think the 2018 get together will be at TWIN PEAKS.

walliver
August 16th, 2017, 08:57 AM
I am still on the fence. I will be down the road helping my daughter go off to college (for better or worse she has chosen a non-FCS school with annoying orange paws all over the place). Hopefully I can get away for a few hours on Saturday.

citdog
August 16th, 2017, 11:44 AM
I am still on the fence. I will be down the road helping my daughter go off to college (for better or worse she has chosen a non-FCS school with annoying orange paws all over the place). Hopefully I can get away for a few hours on Saturday.

Is she majoring in milking or plowing?

Southern Bison
August 17th, 2017, 12:28 PM
48 hours to go...too early to pre-game?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170817/a8d330cacddcadc2b92b385f265d9cfa.jpg

catamount man
August 18th, 2017, 03:24 PM
48 hours to go...too early to pre-game?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170817/a8d330cacddcadc2b92b385f265d9cfa.jpg

Drinking a Samuel Adams Rebel IPA to get me in the mood. Oktober Fest is already out!

catamount man
August 18th, 2017, 09:22 PM
ready to see y'all at 2pm tomorrow. traded in my purple and gold for purple and white. GO FURMAN!!!

citdog
August 18th, 2017, 10:06 PM
ready to see y'all at 2pm tomorrow. traded in my purple and gold for purple and white. GO FURMAN!!!

I take back EVERY nice thought and thing I ever had about you.

furman sucks

catamount man
August 18th, 2017, 11:25 PM
WCU ****ING SUCKS!!!

Milktruck74
August 19th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Hate I'm going to miss it. Spending all day at Bristol yesterday and all morning setting up and tearing down a kids triathlon, I'm just too tired to make the ride. Next year!!!!

ElCid
August 19th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Bueller? Beuller?

BisonFan02
August 19th, 2017, 01:32 PM
So, did this happen?

Milktruck74
August 19th, 2017, 01:35 PM
I think this is the kind of event where all recording devices must be checked at the door....one of the outside door's.....way before you enter the cone of silence!!!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 19th, 2017, 01:36 PM
So, did this happen?

Southern Bison called yesterday afternoon and said he was gonna give me a call from it as I usually buy the crew a round but I haven't head anything as of yet. He also said he would be taking a lot of pics for the thread as well.

ElCid, are you there?

ElCid
August 19th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Southern Bison called yesterday afternoon and said he was gonna give me a call from it as I usually buy the crew a round but I haven't head anything as of yet. He also said he would be taking a lot of pics for the thread as well.

ElCid, are you there?

Yup along with upstate bison.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 19th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Yup along with upstate bison.

Who else is supposed to be there? I know Cman, SB, and hadn't followed the thread the last few wekks so I assume there are several others that didn't show...yet?

TheRevSFA
August 19th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Who else is supposed to be there? I know Cman, SB, and hadn't followed the thread the last few wekks so I assume there are several others that didn't show...yet?

If anyone has PayPal, I'll PayPal you cash to cover a round

ursus arctos horribilis
August 19th, 2017, 01:56 PM
If anyone has PayPal, I'll PayPal you cash to cover a round

Yeah, we can work that out. I'll set em' up with two.

caribbeanhen
August 19th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Yeah, we can work that out. I'll set em' up with two.

maybe better to arrange for the Uber driver to get them all home safe

ursus arctos horribilis
August 19th, 2017, 02:06 PM
maybe better to arrange for the Uber driver to get them all home safe

Probably and even better idea. I think these boys are only in for a couple hours....but as we've seen, things can get out of hand quickly if Cman shows up. xlolx

The Cats
August 19th, 2017, 06:09 PM
I take back EVERY nice thought and thing I ever had about you.

furman sucks

Better watch it....He'll be a Citadel fan next week...... LOL

Southern Bison
August 19th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Just got back to CLT from the festivities. OL FU's Alzheimer's flared up today so he was absent. Catamount Man is still trying to bail out from his TWI (Typing While Intoxicated) so he was a no-show. None of the FCS deserters showed this year (App State) so we didn't have to hear "how great the Sun Belch is".

El Cid, Old Black & Gold (Wofford), myself, and UpState Bison arrived for witty banter regarding football & respectful talk about politics (see, it can happen). El Cid snapped a couple picture for posterity and a fun time was had by all.

ElCid
August 19th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Small group, but had a nice visit.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25870&stc=1

Bisonoline
August 19th, 2017, 10:15 PM
Just got back to CLT from the festivities. OL FU's Alzheimer's flared up today so he was absent. Catamount Man is still trying to bail out from his TWI (Typing While Intoxicated) so he was a no-show. None of the FCS deserters showed this year (App State) so we didn't have to hear "how great the Sun Belch is".

El Cid, Old Black & Gold (Wofford), myself, and UpState Bison arrived for witty banter regarding football & respectful talk about politics (see, it can happen). El Cid snapped a couple picture for posterity and a fun time was had by all.

Nice shirt! :D

citdog
August 19th, 2017, 10:35 PM
Where the hell was ol fu? Was he too busy scalawagging to show up?

rtzlunar
August 19th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Hope to make it next year. Especially if it's at Twin Peaks. I've spent many college football weekends there. Coldest beer around. Nice scenery as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 19th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Hope to make it next year. Especially if it's at Twin Peaks. I've spent many college football weekends there. Coldest beer around. Nice scenery as well.

Welcome newb! Glad to have you here (I think) (I haven't read your first 4 posts) and we need to get that crew up a bit I guess cuz I thought it was a nice little Sat. turnout amongst AGS fellers but SB turned down a round on me because the group was too small and wouldn't damage the wallet enough. xlolx

Southern Bison
August 20th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Old Black & Gold mentioned that a get-together would happen about once a quarter. Perhaps we'll be able to set one up for January after the Frisco game.

OL FU
August 20th, 2017, 06:48 AM
My sincere apologies for being old and forgetful. I promise next time to set up a calendar event in my outlookxembarrassedx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 20th, 2017, 12:29 PM
you ****ing use outlook still?

Holy Christ. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 20th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Old Black & Gold mentioned that a get-together would happen about once a quarter. Perhaps we'll be able to set one up for January after the Frisco game.

Yeah, when you mentioned he was there I was like "I remember him being at the ones in the oldern days!" Pretty glad he showed up. Wofford repping.

citdog
August 20th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Ol Pastor Joe must have been busy not sparing the rod on young terrier...

Southern Bison
August 20th, 2017, 12:42 PM
My sincere apologies for being old and forgetful. I promise next time to set up a calendar event in my outlookxembarrassedxI'll call you in the morning of the next shindig and then again when I pass the Gaffney Peach. ;)

POD Knows
August 20th, 2017, 12:50 PM

Holy Christ. xlolxDoesn't everybody? I have had email addresses in different services and still prefer Outlook

ElCid
August 20th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Doesn't everybody? I have had email addresses in different services and still prefer Outlook

I use it as well on my desk top. Still best one for my usage. Maybe I like it because that was what I used in the AF and my brain is wired for it, but any other I have looked at has never been as useful to me.

POD Knows
August 20th, 2017, 03:32 PM
I use it as well on my desk top. Still best one for my usage. Maybe I like it because that was what I used in the AF and my brain is wired for it, but any other I have looked at has never been as useful to me.I use Outlook calendar and like the integration of the mail and the calendar. I used to send information out to my dealers with time tables and the info would drop right into their calendars and the timings of the program. I suppose other email services would allow for the same thing but it works really nice in Outlook.

cx500d
August 20th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Doesn't everybody? I have had email addresses in different services and still prefer Outlook

Nope....I joined the 21'st century and use a Macbook.

ElCid
August 20th, 2017, 05:37 PM

I used my wife's quite a bit and I have come to the conclusion that MAC absolutely sucks. It takes so many more actions to accomplish anything. I dont like wasting time with mouse clicks or menus. Maybe if I used it more I could be faster, but the functionality is simply not close to Microsoft office programs. MAC is just too laborious and I never found anything that it did that MS didn't.

cx500d
August 20th, 2017, 05:46 PM
I used my wife's quite a bit and I have come to the conclusion that MAC absolutely sucks. It takes so many more actions to accomplish anything. I dont like wasting time with mouse clicks or menus. Maybe if I used it more I could be faster, but the functionality is simply not close to Microsoft office programs. MAC is just too laborious and I never found anything that it did that MS didn't.

Well for one, it just works wherever I go and whatever I do without an ungodly amount of driver downloads and software updates, and weird unintuitive configuration settings.

ElCid
August 20th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Well for one, it just works wherever I go and whatever I do without an ungodly amount of driver downloads and software updates, and weird unintuitive configuration settings.

OK, I will say that the back ground stuff is most likely better, but the user functionality is not. My updates are automatic so I never worry about them.

TheKingpin28
August 20th, 2017, 06:58 PM

Claims he joined the 21st Century and uses a Mac and not a PC booting Linux.

You sir, have failed hard.

POD Knows
August 20th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Nope....I joined the 21'st century and use a Macbook.I have a company issue laptop that I use for work. Pretty much locked into Windows with that.

POD Knows
August 20th, 2017, 07:22 PM
I used my wife's quite a bit and I have come to the conclusion that MAC absolutely sucks. It takes so many more actions to accomplish anything. I dont like wasting time with mouse clicks or menus. Maybe if I used it more I could be faster, but the functionality is simply not close to Microsoft office programs. MAC is just too laborious and I never found anything that it did that MS didn't.If you are into graphics, publishing and that kind of stuff, the Mac is probably better. All of the advertising and graphics people that have worked with all use Mac's and swear by them.

cx500d
August 20th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Claims he joined the 21st Century and uses a Mac and not a PC booting Linux.

You sir, have failed hard.

I just want the **** to work when its turned on out of the box. Mac does that. Windows and linux make you find drivers, configure, etc. I prefer not to waste my time on such things.

DoWe
August 20th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Apple device users are by far the most technologically ignorant folks on the planet. Not all mind you, just most.

TheKingpin28
August 20th, 2017, 08:19 PM
I just want the **** to work when its turned on out of the box. Mac does that. Windows and linux make you find drivers, configure, etc. I prefer not to waste my time on such things.

To the best of my knowledge, I have never owned an Apple Product, including iPods, iTunes, etc... and I hope I never have to.

cx500d
August 20th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Apple device users are by far the most technologically ignorant folks on the planet. Not all mind you, just most.

Lazy, not ignorant. I have plenty of other stuff at work to play with. When I go home and travel, last thing I want to do is fight with bill gates. I just want it to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ElCid
August 21st, 2017, 12:11 AM
If you are into graphics, publishing and that kind of stuff, the Mac is probably better. All of the advertising and graphics people that have worked with all use Mac's and swear by them.

I always hear that about MAC and graphics. I do a lot with graphics and pictures, and videos, and I found windows programs to be just as good. I think it is just a cultural bias of "those" types of people.

OL FU
August 21st, 2017, 07:04 AM

Holy Christ. xlolx

Talk to my boss:p

OL FU
August 21st, 2017, 07:05 AM
I'll call you in the morning of the next shindig and then again when I pass the Gaffney Peach. ;)

and then again when you pull into the Ale House parking lot.

on the other hand, let's do it downtown next time.

catamount man
September 21st, 2017, 09:55 PM
My apologies for missing this year's event. Especially after I planned it. Nothing more needs to be said. Glad that old gold and black is the new MC of the get togethers. I do plan to be at the next one, hopefully before next August. GO CATS!